NATION

PASSWORD

Significant Forum Events

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:04 pm

Aureumterra III wrote:
Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:Minor, curious question: has there been any famous/semi famous figure who's used NS other than Drew?

A few people, I remember, who post here have been involved in politics IRL, myself included. Not sure if there were any elected, but I distinctly remember someone running for the 2018 US midterm elections and linking their campaign website here

Ahh ic
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:Yes, but nobody is someone in mythology.

And Nobody is not nobody in mythology, although there can be nobody, because Nobody is somebody but not nobody, and Somebody is nobody.

Never fail to amaze me with this wonderful knowledge
johnathan

Great Kauthar
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kauthar » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:10 am

No one mentioning Shadow Afforess? He was the creator of a popular NS plugin and he got DEATed, I believe, after he made a thread stating his intent to make a program that would allow raiders to brute force entry to regions, and then proceeded to use it to try and blackmail someone to withdraw a WA proposal. Pretty funny how someone would go to that effort over a country-sim browser game lol.

Can't remember the specifics but there have been multiple instances of large purges for rulebreaking. The May Massacre was named already but the Predator tool (coming a year after a similar announcement) stands out too. There may have been more, a lot of thread trawls can end up with punishment lists nearly as long lol.

Also been said to death already but locking the RWDT, which was an incredible product that took a lot of hard work from yours truly. anyway im not 15 years old anymore so none of you are allowed to remember that time period okay!!! RWDT just ended up being a consistent stream of bans, DEATs, and warnings. I don't know what happened to most people, I got banned from the discord by TEM because he had a personal vendetta against me. Jochi and that trans german one both got DoS - which is interesting because I distinctly remember them saying I'd end up getting it soon - back in 2016, and I'm still here! I'm still in contact with Felrik, and I believe Minzerland was his brother so if so, him too. Shame the thread series got shut down but I'm surprised it lasted so long, probably my only significant contribution to the site - for good or bad.

There are a few users that have stuck out to me over the years, notably that guy who was obsessed with disney movies (particularly Frozen) and got DoS but kept coming back, unable to accept that he kept getting caught because all of his nations were the exact same... Also there was a girl on here a while ago who would spend her time supporting the DPRK for some reason lmao.

While not active as Kauthar anymore, as a futile attempt to discard my embarrassing past, I've still been lurking and sporadically partaking in forum discussions so I'm caught up to date with most forum drama.
Last edited by Great Kauthar on Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need." - Ephesians 4:28 (ESV)
Christian Social Democrat
I am: "A monument to [the RWDT's] collective sins."

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:40 pm

Nooooooooooooooo wrote:Who was Karinzistan?

Karinzistan joined NationStates in the fall of 2011 and started off being very vocal about his religion, believing very strongly in the Christian God and eventually annoying the moderators because he wouldn't shut up or stop talking about it. After he continued getting warnings and having his threads locked, he came up with the idea of so-called "revolution" against the mods, even going as far as creating a separate website that, as far as I ever understood, was basically a clone of NS.

His first nation was deleted in May 2012 for baiting and making threats in a heated argument about religion. His second nation was Kaarinzistan (two A's instead of one) and he continued with more of the same, even throwing in some lovely stuff about hacking the site, and getting his panties in a bunch whenever he was called a nickname (he would run to the mods whenever someone would call him Kari, Kaar, etc. to the point people started calling him "Kare-bear" on purpose), eventually ending up DoS that June. Basically for the rest of 2012 he would show up every so often just to stir things up, flaming people in TET or going on more about his revolution. There were several imitator accounts created after his DoS too, but a lot of them were him, and it's been suspected that the "white pride" idiot of 2013 was Karinzistan too. Truly one of the weirdest people I've come across on here, and this is taking me back to the very beginning of my time on here.
Last edited by Ghost Land on Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Nooooooooooooooo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nooooooooooooooo » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:14 pm

Ghost Land wrote:
Nooooooooooooooo wrote:Who was Karinzistan?

Karinzistan joined NationStates in the fall of 2011 and started off being very vocal about his religion, believing very strongly in the Christian God and eventually annoying the moderators because he wouldn't shut up or stop talking about it. After he continued getting warnings and having his threads locked, he came up with the idea of so-called "revolution" against the mods, even going as far as creating a separate website that, as far as I ever understood, was basically a clone of NS.

His first nation was deleted in May 2012 for baiting and making threats in a heated argument about religion. His second nation was Kaarinzistan (two A's instead of one) and he continued with more of the same, even throwing in some lovely stuff about hacking the site, and getting his panties in a bunch whenever he was called a nickname (he would run to the mods whenever someone would call him Kari, Kaar, etc. to the point people started calling him "Kare-bear" on purpose), eventually ending up DoS that June. Basically for the rest of 2012 he would show up every so often just to stir things up, flaming people in TET or going on more about his revolution. There were several imitator accounts created after his DoS too, but a lot of them were him, and it's been suspected that the "white pride" idiot of 2013 was Karinzistan too. Truly one of the weirdest people I've come across on here, and this is taking me back to the very beginning of my time on here.

What was the website he created? Was it NS 2?

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:17 pm

Nooooooooooooooo wrote:
Ghost Land wrote:Karinzistan joined NationStates in the fall of 2011 and started off being very vocal about his religion, believing very strongly in the Christian God and eventually annoying the moderators because he wouldn't shut up or stop talking about it. After he continued getting warnings and having his threads locked, he came up with the idea of so-called "revolution" against the mods, even going as far as creating a separate website that, as far as I ever understood, was basically a clone of NS.

NS 2 was actually something Max created but Jolt killed. It was 12 years ago.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:18 pm

Nooooooooooooooo wrote:
Ghost Land wrote:Karinzistan joined NationStates in the fall of 2011 and started off being very vocal about his religion, believing very strongly in the Christian God and eventually annoying the moderators because he wouldn't shut up or stop talking about it. After he continued getting warnings and having his threads locked, he came up with the idea of so-called "revolution" against the mods, even going as far as creating a separate website that, as far as I ever understood, was basically a clone of NS.

An exact clone of this site, actually. Violating intellectual property even, I think. Not sure what happened. That kid was seriously fucked in the head.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:18 pm

Reploid Productions wrote:Probably the two most significant forum events were the two forum moves. The first from the clunky old forums onto Jolt in... I want to say 2005-? And the second where we collectively flipped Jolt/OMAC off and moved back to independent forums in 2009. Lesser significant events would probably include the multiple and finally permanent bans on Chat/Chat Location Threads in F7 (tangentially related to the already mentioned May Massacre), the establishment of the Roleplay Mentors for NS/II and P2TM, and more recently the shuttering of the Left Wing/Right Wing Discussion threads.

I mean, arguably the appointment of the first batch of forum mods in April 2003 was probably one of the most significant, in that it actually made the forums less spammy and properly organized. :lol2:

Oh the before times. How was it described? Posting was like playing Russian Roulette and hoping you got the bullet.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:00 pm

I have archived this thread on archive.org along with every other citation on the NSG Wikipedia page.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:18 pm

Reploid Productions wrote:Probably the two most significant forum events were the two forum moves. The first from the clunky old forums onto Jolt in... I want to say 2005-? And the second where we collectively flipped Jolt/OMAC off and moved back to independent forums in 2009. Lesser significant events would probably include the multiple and finally permanent bans on Chat/Chat Location Threads in F7 (tangentially related to the already mentioned May Massacre), the establishment of the Roleplay Mentors for NS/II and P2TM, and more recently the shuttering of the Left Wing/Right Wing Discussion threads.

I mean, arguably the appointment of the first batch of forum mods in April 2003 was probably one of the most significant, in that it actually made the forums less spammy and properly organized. :lol2:

I was going to suggest the before times as well. :)

How about sad event? The passing of Dyakovia and Ashmoria.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:20 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

I was going to suggest the before times as well. :)

How about sad event? The passing of Dyakovia and Ashmoria.

Speaking of before times: I'm looking for a chronological history of NSG's existence here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=494436
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General