NATION

PASSWORD

The Age Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your age group?

13-15
18%
16-17
13%
18-19
11%
20-23
17%
24-26
12%
27-29
6%
30-33
10%
34-36
2%
37-39
2%
40+
10%

Total votes : 94

Mzeusia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mzeusia » Sun May 24, 2020 2:38 pm

I'm not going to say my age, but I'm on the younger side of life. Nevertheless, I have some issues that constantly remind of how inconsequential my relative youth is. I feel like I'm physically falling apart every time I make a slight movement and it's horrible.

Pity party over I guess.
Last edited by Mzeusia on Sun May 24, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are interested in having the Mzeusian Library write something for your nation, click here!

Pro: volone is an Italian cheese made from cow's milk.
Anti: gua is one of the 2 major islands that make up the Caribbean nation of Antigua and Barbuda. I wonder what the other island is?

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun May 24, 2020 3:23 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:Half the people on earth get one option, 40+

You don't respect us very much do you?

I'm 56.

Do 40+ people make up half the earth's population, you all die out pretty fast, quite sure India has a remarkably young population.

Yes, I think it's safe to say 40+ is a valid poll option.

When was the third age, anyway?
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Purple Rats
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Purple Rats » Sun May 24, 2020 4:36 pm

Gonna be 30 in October.

I look waaay younger. It's legal to buy alcohol here at age of 18, and about 8 of 10 times they ask documents from me.
I feel okay with my age, as body matter or so, but I wish I could be younger with same knowledge I have know as I would do lot of things differently.

Also it bothers me that some people see it as failure as I don't have family neither successful career yet. Last one bothers me too a little, but I see the reasons why it is like that, first one does not and I don't understand why it would bother anyone- specially strangers.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun May 24, 2020 5:16 pm

Forty-four-and-a-half years of making myself look like something other than a laughing stock ;P
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading Possession by A.S. Byatt

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Sun May 24, 2020 5:54 pm

-snipped, gosh this was a cringe-worthy post-
Last edited by Ghost Land on Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sun May 24, 2020 5:56 pm

I'm 25, and it's worrying that I tend to have one of those "mid-20s crisis" already.

When you realise that you are 5 years away from 30, and 5 years past 20. Not too old, not also not too young.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sun May 24, 2020 7:00 pm

Mentally, I am 12.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Sun May 24, 2020 8:31 pm

21, almost 22 (will be 22 on July 18).

Honestly, it's kind of a weird age. Like I still live with my parents and don't have many more responsibilities than what I did in high school, but then some of my friends are the same age as me and are getting married. It still feels surreal to know that people who I grew up with are starting families of their own.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Sun May 24, 2020 8:31 pm

Torisakia wrote:Mentally, I am 12.

Honestly? Same.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun May 24, 2020 8:39 pm

Valentine Z wrote:I'm 25, and it's worrying that I tend to have one of those "mid-20s crisis" already.

When you realise that you are 5 years away from 30, and 5 years past 20. Not too old, not also not too young.

I'm already have a crisis of age at age 21. I'm not old by any means but I don't feel as young anymore.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Sun May 24, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun May 24, 2020 8:40 pm

Xmara wrote:21, almost 22 (will be 22 on July 18).

Honestly, it's kind of a weird age. Like I still live with my parents and don't have many more responsibilities than what I did in high school, but then some of my friends are the same age as me and are getting married. It still feels surreal to know that people who I grew up with are starting families of their own.

I almost got married at age 20 but thankfully dodged the bullet, considering how immature and neurotic my girlfriend is.

This girl isn't even talking to me now. She just randomly stopped and got spotted a day later at some other guy's house so I know whats up.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun May 24, 2020 8:40 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:I'm 25, and it's worrying that I tend to have one of those "mid-20s crisis" already.

I'm already have a crisis of age at age 21. I'm not old by any means but I don't feel as young anymore.

Eh. You’ll hit crisis periods as you age several times. It’s really not the number but rather where you are in life by what age that can trigger a crisis.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun May 24, 2020 8:46 pm

22, will turn 23 in August, and of which I spent just under half my life on this website (11 years).
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sun May 24, 2020 8:48 pm

I'm 16, and I'd like to go back to when I was 7 because things were easier then. Other than having to deal with life, being 16 is okay.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Mon May 25, 2020 3:19 am

Well I'll be 30 in a few years.But when I shaved off and walked outside, I was accosted by high school girls several times.Although it may have something to do with my dressing style, they asked me which high school I was from nearby in the first sentence.Ahhh It makes me happy for a long time.But when I was in high school, I didn't shave. I was often called Uncle by my classmates.
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon May 25, 2020 3:32 am

Geneviev wrote:I'm 16, and I'd like to go back to when I was 7 because things were easier then. Other than having to deal with life, being 16 is okay.

sounds sadly familiar
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Mon May 25, 2020 3:51 am

Agarntrop wrote:
Geneviev wrote:I'm 16, and I'd like to go back to when I was 7 because things were easier then. Other than having to deal with life, being 16 is okay.

sounds sadly familiar

16 for me was the peak of the teenage hormone years, being horny all the time and getting into rows with my parents (especially my dad).

Wait, whom am I kidding? In some form that lasted from about 12-13 until I left the house for college, though I would consider 16 to be the true apex of it.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon May 25, 2020 4:24 am

Ghost Land wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:sounds sadly familiar

16 for me was the peak of the teenage hormone years, being horny all the time and getting into rows with my parents (especially my dad).

also sounds sadly familiar
Left Without Edge

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 25, 2020 4:27 am

16 was when I finally turned my life around, or was starting to. Before age 15 I was totally out of control and around 15 to 16 I started making the effort to get away from shitty friends of mine and bad influences.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon May 25, 2020 4:29 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

16 was when I finally turned my life around, or was starting to. Before age 15 I was totally out of control and around 15 to 16 I started making the effort to get away from shitty friends of mine and bad influences.

nice
Left Without Edge

Alorgaze
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2018
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Alorgaze » Mon May 25, 2020 4:43 am

You're 24? I expected you to be much younger considering how much time you spend on this site.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Mon May 25, 2020 4:52 am

Alorgaze wrote:You're 24? I expected you to be much younger considering how much time you spend on this site.

Do you know,now I'm working.I'm just posting here because I'm waiting for some debug data.

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Mon May 25, 2020 7:18 am

Green October Z wrote:How old are you? How you do feel about the age you are? Do you wish that you were younger or do you perhaps look forward to growing older?

I am 24 years old, but will be 25 come October. To be honest, I do not like being in my mid-20s as it makes me feel, well, old, despite what others say. I wish I could be a few years younger (around 20) and I very much still feel like I am a kid inside. Of course, because of my small size and rather feminine facial features, a lot of people mistake me as someone in their early or mid-teens which is a double-edged sword. On the one hand I look pretty young and I like the reactions people have when I tell them that I am really a 24 year old guy. On the other hand, I have been denied entry into bars and R-rated movies because of my appearance with many thinking that I am a minor using a fake driver's license.

Being Asian, having long hair, and not having a beard all contribute to an outwardly youthful appearance. When it comes to Caucasians, underestimate their age. With East Asians, overestimate their age, because East Asians age more gracefully. Or that's what I've heard anyway.

If seeing that R-rated movie is really such a big deal for you, try growing a beard, shaving your hair off, and undergoing racial reassignment surgery. You can always revert when you're done. :p
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 25, 2020 7:30 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAl0eqMAGRc ... 1mqqidk393

People in America think I'm 17 or 18 while people in East Asia think I'm 25. Only Middle Easterners get my age right.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Mon May 25, 2020 7:48 am

Rojava Free State wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/CAl0eqMAGRc/?igshid=1hj1mqqidk393

People in America think I'm 17 or 18 while people in East Asia think I'm 25. Only Middle Easterners get my age right.

Are you Howard Joel Wolowitz from BigBang? I think you 22

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General