NATION

PASSWORD

Games of the XIII Olympiad RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:31 pm

The Final Day,
by Hannah Marshall, Olympic Correspondent

Here we are, at the end of the Olympics. The closing ceremonies are tomorrow with several different events still playing their gold medal finale. I want to say that it has truly been an honor to cover this Olympiad for you. It has been, by far, the most successful Olympics in the history of Cassadaigua. We will go down in history as having the second most amount of medals in this Olympics. It’s not quite possible for West Phoenicia to pass us in total medals, and while I think its mathematically possible to pass the Free Republics, it is not realistic. We took a slight run at them, but the athletes of the FFR never backed down. Officially, Cassadaigua will be third on the leaderboard, due to having fewer gold medals then West Phoenicia. In the end, though, it was a three nation breakaway from the rest of the world. Other nations had plenty of success, though. Vakolicci Haven and Vekaiyu had good runs, too. As this time went on, there were bombs in Amuapyle and more then necessary amount of athletes dying. Cassadaigua’s delegation is fully in tact, though there were reports that some of our team members passed out from time to time.

Thank you to the Free Republics, the city of Republica, and the wonderful security at the venues as well as at the Olympic Village. It was kept safe for all of journalists, too. There are a lot of people behind the scenes who make this work, from camera crews to the editors. Thank you to the citizens of Republica for putting up with all of this divergence from your normal life. It will get back to the way it used to be very soon.

Most Olympians will go back to their daily life, or so they may think. Let’s face it, we had success in some sporting avenues we never really did before. The amount of cycling success was astounding, and then in canoeing, we were very good. Both women and men racked up the medals, and it was the effort of the men that made this most successful Olympiad in our history. Their success will mean greater things for them. Look at our rugby team. While they eventually lost before the semifinals, the fact that they got as far as they did saw them get a chance at the Rugby League World Cup. Expect to see all of these sports try to ride in the coattails of the Olympics back home.

What were the five greatest moments of the Olympics for us?

Number 5: The combined effort of the male weightlifters. Cassadagan men are perceived by many as being weak, and even though strides have been made, you can’t help but think that was still the case, to an extent. The medals won by the male weightlifters weren’t just medals, they were earned in a sport that requires massive physical strength by a group of people proving that they were not weak, at all; and in fact, are pretty damn strong.

Number 4: Joe Farley winning his gold in the e-sport, men’s trading card game. When considering how the tournament began for Farley, and all he went through, it is a truly great story. This would be higher on the list if it was an actual medal event.

Number 3: Brittney McDonald winning two gold medals, and three total in the pool. We have been real good in these events in the past, but McDonald was highly confident even before she even made it here, and backed it up when the time came.

Number 2: Meghan Turner winning gold in the women’s surfing event, and showing how she was never bothered by a West Phoenician who tried to upstage her. Turner laughed it off, and continued to get results, all the way to the end.

Number 1: The Squash Sweep. Look, it was only a demonstration event, I realize that, but in this era it is virtually impossible to sweep all three of the medals. We were able to do that, and the sport of squash, seen mostly as a recreational event in the Matriarchy, will only thrive.

Enjoy the final day of competition and the closing ceremonies. Thank you for reading!
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:38 pm

Statement from Baroness Flora Freeman, President of the West Phoenician Olympic Committee.

Congratulations West Phoenicians on a spectacular appearance at the XIII Olympiad hosted in the city of Republica in the Free Republics. The city has been beautiful and welcoming and it has truly be an honour for our delegation to be here.

We come into our last day of events and the Closing Ceremony. We eagerly await how the Free Republics will finish this wonderful Games. Word on the street is that the Closing Ceremony will not be as drawn out as the Opening Ceremony, another win!

During West Phoenicia’s stay here we have had many highs and many lows. Let me start with the lows so I can end this statement on an uplifting tone.

As now as many of you know the West Phoenician Olympic Delegation was plagued by the evil deeds of a serial killer. Athletes Clare Tan, Jeremiah True, Micah True-Path, Livia Rush and Support staff member Miss Teak all lost their lives in the most brutal ways imaginable. Counselling will be offered free of charge to any West Phoenician who is upset or stressed about what happened. The good news is the killers have been exposed. Originally thought to be the plan of just one psycho has turned out to be the works for two. Oliver North, a personal assistant from my own office and Women’s Camogie goalkeeper Glaphyra Cappadocia. It was a heinous crime spree that started due to one of them being bullied in high school. Bullying is never okay, but neither is killing. Both will be extradited, and most likely face the death penalty.
As both are from New Dixie, more than likely it will happen there, if they do receive the death penalty they get a choice of four options being from New Dixie Lethal Injection, Guillotine, Hanging and Firing Squad. No one can say West Phoenicia doesn't offer variety, we have 9 choices overall, but it does determine what city-state you commit your crime in. May the gods, goddesses and animal deities have mercy on their souls.

We also suffered violence at the hands of The Centaur Club, after assaulting a family member of Equestrian team member Emily Woods, plots to horsenap Lady Greensleves and upsetting Daisy from the nation of Kriegiersien. While these cowards have fled back to West Phoenicia, law enforcement will track them down and bring them to justice. They are not Animal Rights activists, they are thugs, wolves in sheep's clothing.

Even though I warned athletes and support staff on keeping their dramas in check. Some of our delegation choose to break those rules, most notably Surfer Bunny St Claire, All the female members of the Beach Volleyball, BMX cyclist Jason Nells who was caught flipping the bird in the finals. And while golf star Kirsty Defence did throw her club, it was thrown in anger and disappointment at coming in 4th after a strong game and was not aimed at another player. Overall I am proud of everyone for being on the best behaviour possible.

Now for some of the great news West Phoenicia currently sits on 103 medals. That is an amazing amount. We also have obtained 29 Demonstration event medals. And the games are not over yet, Freestyle Wrestler Michael Vassal, a returning gold medalist has progressed all the way to the gold medal final. We wish him all the best in his match against Said Dennis of Vakolicci Haven and Celeria. We are also in the final of the Rhythmic gymnastics where our ladies have constructed a perfect choreographed routine including ballet, dance and acrobatics using ball and hoop as their apparatuses. The finals will also tribute the routine to their fallen delegation members, so I urge everyone to get out and support them.

A fun fact 103 medals, this total beats our appearances at the last two Summer Olympics Games and the Three Winter Olympics combined..Combined. That is something West Phoenicia can be proud of. The Royal family have issued their own statement about how proud they are. We have done so well in some events where we did great last time, winning back to back medals. We picked up a slew of new medals from events we missed out on last time. We narrowly missed out by placing 4th to 10th place in other events, while disappointing it shows how far we have come, and how much more we have to offer.

Once we all return to West Phoenicia, the Emperor has organised a week long holiday honouring these games, galas, festivals, parades will be in abundance to celebrate our victories.

I will also be staying on as President of the West Phoenician Olympic Committee. I plan to help build up our next Summer Olympics team that will see alot of new faces. And work on getting our Winter Olympics team ready for the next Winter Games.

Once again Congratulations all, and thank you Republica.

And please do not forget the Closing Ceremony party at the Garden of Eden Club . It will be a mixture of celebration and tribute.
Last edited by West Phoenicia on Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:02 pm

Erik Christiansen, who had just recently gotten off of break after the Parliament bombing, was sitting in his desk, checking the news.

His assistant walked in with a letter. "This letter is addressed to you. It's from an address in Perth, and under the name of 'Rodion Raskolnikov'. We've checked it with an X-ray scanner."

"Perth... Rodion Raskolnikov... Perry copycat, I think. Rodion Raskolnikov is the murderer from Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment..." He grabbed a letter opener and cut the envelope.

The letter read, simply:

AY THAT INCESTUOUS THAT ADULTERATE BEAST WITH WITCHCRAFT OF HIS WIT WITH TRAITOROUS GIFTS O WICKED WIT AND GIFTS THAT HAVE THE POWER SO TO SEDUCE WON TO HIS SHAMEFUL LUST THE WILL OF MY MOST SEEMING-VIRTUOUS QUEEN O HAMLET WHAT A FALLING OFF WAS THERE FROM ME WHOSE LOVE WAS OF THAT DIGNITY THAT IT WENT HAND IN HAND EVEN WITH THE VOW I MADE TO HER IN MARRIAGE AND TO DECLINE UPON A WRETCH WHOSE NATURAL GIFTS WERE POOR TO THOSE OF MINE BUT VIRTUE AS IT NEVER WILL BE MOVED THOUGH LEWDNESS COURT IT IN A SHAPE OF HEAVEN SO LUST THOUGH TO A RADIANT ANGEL LINKD WILL SATE ITSELF IN A CELESTIAL BED AND PREY ON GARBAGE BUT SOFT METHINKS I SCENT THE MORNING AIR BRIEF LET ME BE SLEEPING WITHIN MY ORCHARD MY CUSTOM ALWAYS OF THE AFTERNOON UPON MY SECURE HOUR THY UNCLE STOLE WITH JUICE OF CURSED HEBENON IN A VIAL AND IN THE PORCHES OF MY EARS DID POUR THE LEPEROUS DISTILMENT; WHOSE EFFECT HOLDS SUCH AN ENMITY WITH BLOOD OF MAN THAT SWIFT AS QUICKSILVER IT COURSES THROUGH THE NATURAL GATES AND ALLEYS OF THE BODY AND WITH A SUDDEN VIGOUR DOTH POSSET AND CURD LIKE EAGER DROPPINGS INTO MILK THE THIN AND WHOLESOME BLOOD SO DID IT MINE AND A MOST INSTANT TETTER BARKD ABOUT MOST LAZARLIKE, WITH VILE AND LOATHSOME CRUST ALL MY SMOOTH BODY THUS WAS I SLEEPING BY A BROTHER'S HAND OF LIFE OF CROWN OF QUEEN AT ONCE DISPATCHD
CUT OFF EVEN IN THE BLOSSOMS OF MY SIN UNHOUSELD DISAPPOINTED UNANELD NO RECKONING MADE, BUT SENT TO MY ACCOUNT WITH ALL MY IMPERFECTIONS ON MY HEAD O HORRIBLE O HORRIBLE MOST HORRIBLE IF THOU HAST NATURE IN THEE BEAR IT NOT LET NOT THE ROYAL BED OF DENMARK BE A COUCH FOR LUXURY AND DAMNED INCEST BUT HOWSOEVER THOU PURSUEST THIS ACT TAINT NOT THY MIND NOR LET THY SOUL CONTRIVE AGAINST THY MOTHER AUGHT LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN AND TO THOSE THORNS THAT IN HER BOSOM LODGE TO PRICK AND STING HER FARE THEE WELL AT ONCE THE GLOW-WORM SHOWS THE MATIN TO BE NEAR AND GINS TO PALE HIS UNEFFECTUAL FIRE ADIEU ADIEU HAMLET REMEMBER ME

GLBKU GYRPP

EFUCJ ZGUGR FBUYP OPWWM KKOJV VMUPT MJPBR QFLXK GRELP LBNVW FRPNC RVZAW BOAJE ZDPYL COKWY AOZPI MTKBO NFWGL ZOQKH VXNOR YPGEL WHEFE MRMYC SICFW BLZOA BVWVL SQICS DILZW NCDLM ECCMC JUSEU NPDXM FXJSZ XVUFM KTMSS UHLNC UYTGK CHRTD NOYYT RVOYV HTVFP ILTZY CXTSJ NGHAK JWJOF

UXNFD FDKEP IVKLK XCONX CAHTA

EBGGQ MKOCY NTJJL

QVVWO MDEKO DHDOX NPEPG FQXWK RLYYA AXXGO OJYWB PZZQV WOMJD PYHSG UWWT

LGTEF BVAMU LRLEF PFMRA SNJJQ TOBXC

EJYYW YJYAV IFQRU LCJPD EVXUP TKXWO OMPUU RSKOA LZHFQ JUZNP OVTJD SHMVE TOLZU SLWHJ WNRIB NDIJN NJRWL DBCUZ ECSXS AWJQH KAEBB WKOOL SQGKS ASJSJ AXQHT YBZVY

TQWVV ZLXRH UFRVI IHNFA EMEJH QVPOU SCCWH PDUFY TKIDW FYNRW OKYCZ QNGCF RNDWL MRUXX OIWOQ DLBOE ZITRA LTJIH STWVJ LUWZH WPXNH KVBIS OXAMV WVWFX AXRUS XXULH UKTOI MOXGK WGOHH LIZUJ XWPSE EFDIN SUNIT RRURZ XGHIY FACTR UPQWW KUHCW ROHXQ FCSFA KOALK RTLQN IYIVI

The part, "Cursed hebenon in a vial" was seemingly written with blood. But how did it retain the same qualities as the rest of the letter? Did he put it in a pen?

"We have reports that this same letter was photocopied and sent to Sergei Chuikov, Antonio Taylor, the Head of ATV whose name I forgot, and several other people connected to the bombings. Well, it was mostly photocopied. The part 'cursed hebenon in a vial' was written in blood in all of the letters."

"Should we look out for poisonings?"

"I believe we should." The assistant said, before walking outside and leaving the room, but not before he adjusted his shirt buttons.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:51 pm

Conclusion Approaches for the Republica Olympics as Diarcesia Brings Home Medals

REPUBLICA - It has been a very busy month for Diarcesia as people from all over the country watched in bated breath their athletes compete against the best that the other teams of the Olympics has to offer. As the games draw to a close, let's take a trip back to what's happened:

Tennis and Fencing: Initially the most favored sports for a Diarcesian to medal, things went an unexpected turn as the majority of its most famous personalities either fell very early or stumble in the semifinals. Glaucy Görög and Annis Van Der Beek took home a silver while the Women's Épée team bagged a bronze, thus preventing either discipline to end up empty-handed.

Judo proved to be a dark horse and a welcome respite after a sobering first half of the month. Shortly after Diarcesia's first ever NS Olympic medal, their judokas overpower their opponents for their first silver and gold medals. Ronam Saab's medal ceremony, where the anthem is played for the very first time, would be an emotional moment for all Diarcesians present.

Gymnasts Olivia Rodriguez and Baruch Johnnid are on their way to instant sports celebrities after a dazzling and breathtaking performance from the qualifiers all the way to the finals. Their coaches have commented that the nation has what it takes to go side-by-side with powerhouses such as Vekaiyu. Tomorrow, the Women's Rhythmic Group will perform in the finals for one last shot at a gold medal.

A series of bombings in Amuaplye caused a stir and a security scare as disgruntled athlete Leonard Perry was able to let slip a series of explosive packages in his country and even in the Free Republics, killing some and wounding any more. This was followed by a denouement with bombing in the Amuaplyean Parliament and the subsequent suicide of Perry in his own home. Various nations have reacted differently, ranging from formal rebukes to travel bans.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:33 am

Endgame: Part 1

Daphne and Ryuu Taichi were in a private jet, where multiple soldiers had their guns trained on her, yet she looked calm. "You guys don't need to worry. That one guy I gotten a little annoyed at him. I'm not going to hurt you guys." Daphne said, though this might be unintentionally hypocritical, seeing how she mauled Sorrento to death. "We're trying to get to Main Nation Ministry, since we managed to discover that the blimp is heading the same location. We can't risk shooting it down, because we don't know if the chemical is airborne. It could start an airborne virus." Ryuu explained. "Can't we have someone try to fly near it to defuse it?" Daphne asked. "Well we need to see what's happening in Main Nation Ministry. According to some eggheads from the Ministry of Sports who came with us, there was a rift in the multiverse. Even though days were happening in Free Republics, something is causing just a single day to occur in the nation." Ryuu explained, as they were traveling to the nation.

"How does the multiverse even work?"
"It's basically multiple universes within one. The rules change in each nation."
"What about time? I think there is a point of divergence in ours."
"Well, we can't focus on the past. It's just as the Leader said. We need to focus on the future." Ryuu said, where Daphne raised an eye. "Oh jeez.. Napier really didn't it well." Daphne said, remembering what happened.

When Main Nation Ministry appeared in view, Daphne felt some energy grow inside her. The towering pillar of energy was visible to all. "I think I'm needed...Though, I want to try to get rid of the bomb somehow." Daphne said to Ryuu. "And how are you going to do that?" Ryuu said, as they can see the blimp about to fly over land. "I can imagine that balloon as some meat and I can use my powers to steer the blimp away." Daphne suggested.

Keller dodged the swing that the fan used to attempt to slash her with her knife. For several minutes, they have been dueling with each other to see who dies. "Come on, Keller! You're just wasting your time already!" the fan taunted her. "That's because you just bring me down with you!" Keller replied. "Come on, Keller. You already know I know everything about you. Including your father." the fan said, letting out a smile.
"What are you talking about?'
"I can't believe you don't know this, Keller. You forgotten that your precious father could have been completely sane, if I didn't manipulate him!"

Keller immediately backed away at one end of the room and pointed her knife at the fan. "What are you saying?"
"All I did was drug him with this so-called prescription medicine that I used to get him to release his most instructive thoughts. Then I made sure to let him do his dirty work."
"You think you revealing that is going to provoke me into trying to kill you?" Keller said to the fan.
"Of course not. I know that you trying to kill me is basically you getting your revenge. I could let you kill me, so you can become empty, but I want to tell you about someone else." the fan said, tapping her temple. "You remember, Keller? Your demonic friend doesn't know the full story, also!"
"Keller, what the hell is she talking about?" the parasite said in her mind. "Oh? You don't know? Your father didn't just kill those kids. You already know this, Keller! And what was your father doing? He was trying to make super soldiers with those kids! And guess what, Keller. You became one." the fan taunted Keller with that fact.

"What does this have to do with them?" Keller said, referring to the parasite. "You see, Keller. Your father knew about the parasite before he died. With the help of one man. Steinberg." explained the fan. "What? Steinberg knew my father? What are you saying?"
"Oh Keller. You see your father wanted to overthrow the nation with the help of children. And what better way than use the children of the families of athletes. Steinberg, who has been experimenting with the supernatural knew about your inner friend, so he took them and others from the area where the demonic energy was. Then, he just put them in the kids, so they can be killing machines!"
"I can still kill him, you, and the demiurge! It doesn't matter! I'm already used to killing!" Keller said. "Keller! Calm down! Remember what you said? Let's just work this out." the parasite tried to calm her down.

"And that inner friend of yours nicknamed a parasite? They aren't really demons. They are actually angels, Keller." the fan said. "What? What do you- ARGHH!" Keller felt an overwhelming sense of pain in her body. "What are you doing?!" Keller demanded to the parasite. "You don't get the full story, Keller! That bitch thinks she knows everything! I did what I done best! I aware of the sins that I done while abusing my role! And what happened to me?! This is what happened to me, Keller! I can't live outside of a fucking jar, unless I get a body!" the parasite revealed, immediately in rage. "No! We can stop them together!" Keller said, as the rage was too hard to ignore. "Keller! Just relax for once! I make sure you have a different personality for once!" the parasite said, piercing into her brain. Keller fell to her knees, where it looked like she was about to collapse. And then the parasite took control of her body. All of it.

"You bitch! I make sure you and that hag of a false god are skinned alive!"
The parasite, now in full control of Keller's body, ran straight forward towards the fan. The fan was about to attempt a quick jab to Keller's heart, but the parasite with a stroke of their knife managed to slice open her throat, as a fountain of blood nearly splattered on Keller's clothes. Walking to the door, the parasite heard a familiar voice behind them. "Keller! What happened in here?!" Behind the doorway from where Keller was is Jones, who was holding a letter knife as a weapon. "Don't even bother to kill me. You people who want to control this world are better off dead." the parasite said, as they walked out of the room from the other door. "Keller! It's me, Jones!" Jones yelled, until the parasite turned towards Jones and simply said, "I'm in control of Keller now, Jones. I'm making sure I need her to kill that bitch and Steinberg. You're better off cleaning up after my mess." Jones stood there horrified, as the parasite started to run after leaving the room. They needed to kill her, once and for all.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Mattijana
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:52 am

The Olympic Roundup: Day 22

MFO SPORT

By Katarina Markovic, comedienne and sports writer.

Hello again Mattijana. We're just two days away from the end of the Olympic games, which is a little bit sad. It's been a great event so far in the Free Republics, but fear not, there is still some great action to come and our athletes are going till the not-so bitter end.

And listen to this. Mattijana has now guaranteed it's most successful ever Olympic games. In terms of medals won anyway, we're definitely not matching that second place from the last winter games with West Phoenicia and Cassadaigua in such good nick. Still though, we've now won more medals than ever before and that's great.

Six of those medals were won today, on our most successful ever day at our most successful ever Olympic games. Six! Three of them were golds as well, lifting us to 6th in the overall medals table.

Of course behind every wonderful achievement are some wonderful athletes, so without any further talk of statistics, lets find out how all those medals were won.

The first one was won on the field. Not the athletics field like last year, but the softball one. Having won the women's softball when it was a demonstration event last Olympiad, hopes were high for the team coming into the first ever medallised (that's probably not a real word) competition.
They lost their semi-final after a thrilling final end in which they scored a whopping 4 runs, but in typical Mattijanan style, then went and conceded 5 against the Union of Socialist Alpine Republics. That consigned them to a bronze medal match against local rivals Vangaziland, but they weren't going to leave without some metal, oh no.

They didn't get off to the best getaway though, conceding three runs in their first end without reply and slipping to a 5-0 deficit after the first three innings.
They stopped the rot soon after though, scoring three runs to reduce the deficit before taking the lead in 6th end with a 2.
Winning the game would require Mattijana to keep a clean sheet for 4 consecutive ends, something that would be a minor miracle given their leakiness during the semis. They did it though, some brilliant fielding preventing Vangaziland from getting any points on the board and that meant Mattijana's final opportunity to score wasn't even needed.

That sealed the bronze, Mattijana's second team sport medal after the men's Sevens team won silver the other day. There was still plenty more to come for Mattijana though.

Boxing is not a very Mattijanan sport. It involves the two competitors knocking the living daylights out each other whilst topless and wearing gloves that make doing anything else virtually impossible. It's therefore remarkable that today, we had two athletes going for gold.

Dominik Mihaljovic was first to go in the men's bantamweight final against Vinod Goshal from the Holy Marsh. Goshal came out with anything but a boggy performance though and although Mihaljovic stayed on his feet, the Marshian (?) won by unanimous decision to take the gold, forcing Mihaljovic to settle for slilver.

With a bronze and a silver won so far, the pressure was on Sami Hedarovic to continue the trend and win Mattijana's first gold of the games in the men's light welterweight. His bout was much tighter than Mihaljovic's, but the Mattijanan seemed to be edging the contest with home favourite Harvey Nash.
That's what happened in the end, Hedarovic winning every round 10-9 for all three judges to take the unanimous victory and with it Mattijana's first boxing gold not just of the games, but of all time. Impressive stuff.

As impressive, but not as surprising as the next one from day 22.

BMX cyclist Riko Salazar is known mainly for his antics at the Aeropag Olympics, when he dropped a water-filled condom onto West Phoenician swimmer Margie Brixton from his balcony in the athletes village, prompting days of revenge attacks and public outrage. He won bronze at the last games in Kelssek and Vekaiyu, which sort of went under the radar, but has since risen to be one of the favourites for the BMX event in the Free Republics.

The fact that he managed to avoid a ban from all international events after the carnage in Aeropag was miraculous enough, but even more surprising is the fact that he actually knuckled down, did some training and became rather good.

That upturn in dedication meant that Salazar once again qualified comfortably for the final, determined to upgrade his medal from the last games and even more determined to not let any of that determination actually show on his face. He got a good launch though, something that's generally quite important in BMX so that you can avoid the inevitable first corner carnage.

This was going to be a pretty tight field though and with things getting a little close for comfort on some of the jumps, Salazar nearly got in a bit of a tangle with rival Jason Mells. It would be the Mattijanan who came off best though, making a daring move around the outside of the final corner and bursting for the line to take home the gold. The eventual margin of victory over Annolasia's Can Arkan was just over 5 hundredths of a second with home athlete Masahiko Taue not far behind in third.

This particular medal was surprising not just because of who won it, but because it was won in a sport that very few Mattijanans get the point of. Having a bike with a tiny wheelbase that you can't even properly sit down on seems a little silly, but the fact that with two Olympic medals, a man who made his name by throwing contraceptive devices at people is now one of our greatest ever Olympians is even sillier.

It would be a new and hugely exciting sport that attracted the most attention on day 22 for Mattijanans however. Sport climbing seems to really fit in as an Olympic sport. It's tight, spectacular to watch and seems very well thought-out as a competition. Hopefully it'll stick around.

Hopefully Vesna Furlan will also stick around. After qualifying for the final in the women's combined event, she came a fairly miserly 7th in the speed round, beating only Electrum's Kate Todd in the D final.
Furlan's strength (so I've been told) is bouldering though, a clamber over large rocks with only a bag of chalk and your wits. The round is completed without any safety ropes (although there are some fairly meaty crash mats on the deck), making it much freer than the speed event and much more tactical too.
Furlan is by far the best boulderer in Mattijana (so I've also been told), but against some of the best in the world, it was expected she would find it more difficult to reach the top of the table.

She won though, comfortably ahead of Kriegiersien's Bettina Baerlauch and the consistent Laura Pereira from the Free Republics. Now she just had the lead event to go.

Unlike the speed event, where you can just get on with climbing the wall rather than faffing around with ropes, the lead event involves doing both. This makes it a test not only of vertical speed, but also of a climber's ability to do fiddly things whilst dangling up in the air somewhere.

This makes it good for Furlan, who doesn't have the best raw speed, but does have the wits and dexterity to handle the ropework. She did even better than expected though, topping the pile to guarantee a strong score for the three events.

In a twist, final climbing scores are generated by multiplying the three results together rather than adding them, something that also went in Furlan's favour as her two first place finished kept her score down to just 7, whilst Pereira's scores of 3rd, 3rd and 2nd gave her 18. That earnt Furlan a brilliant gold, continuing Mattijana's track record of winning inaugural Olympic events after wins in the mixed medley relay over in the pool and the women's rugby sevens two games ago.

That was it for golds on day 22, but there was still more metal to be won. Papa Grozpapa (not his real name, unfortunately) won his repechage tie in the men's 125kg freestyle wrestling against Amuaplye's Johnathan Wade, before beating a much tougher opponent in Robert Strong from the Greater Vakolicci Haven and Celeria to win a deserved bronze.

5 Things to do with your life once the Olympics are over:

Having been captivated by the greatest sportsmen, women and various other creatures over the last few weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if your life ceases to have no meaning after the flame is extinguished.

Panic not though. Katarina's here with 5 things you can do to keep yourself busy in these dark times.

5: Go outside

You might have been bunkered down in your trusty armchair watching it all happen, but now is the time for you to get up, stretch those legs and get some fresh air again. The weather's starting to warm up again (I've been told it's just edging above freezing again in Snezn), so now is the time to rediscover what it means to be outdoors. Walk to the shops, stagger round your garden, have a barbeque...anything is better than nothing.

4: Do some reading

Having dealt with your fresh-air deficiency in your post-games detox, now is the time to solve your screen-time issue. Instead of watching the tele or your computer, find a decent book to settle down with alongside a nice cup of something warm and get your imagination firing. For those who are bad at making decisions, finding something may be tricky, but many sporting book are available to help you out here.

3: Rekindle some lurrve

Having been devoted solely to the athletes of Mattijana for the duration of the games, now is the time to treat your significant other to a bit of me time. Buy some flowers, get some food or just do what you need to do to stop them being annoyed at you.
If you're single and think this doesn't apply to you, then you are wrong. Now Valentines day is done, you can buy your love interest some heart-shaped chocolates for half the price. Even if you don't have one of those, I'm sure your cat would like to be fed more often.

4: Get active

Now you've solved all your emotional, screen-based and airless problems, it's time to get out and actually do some sporting stuff of your own. With so many activities on offer in Mattijana and so many things to inspire you from the games, there is no excuse not to get out and try something new. Do it!

5: Watch some more sport

If all this fails, there is fortunately the fall-back of some more great global sporting action. The WGPC gets underway soon with MRT attempting to defend their constructors title. There is also the promise of world cup 82 with Mattijana (still) looking to reach their first world cup finals. There will be plenty to shout at, berate and hopefully cheer.
The socialist republic of Mattijana:
As if Austria, Slovenia, North-Eastern Europe and Sweden were merged together into some weird stew of a country.
through resilience, we are strong!

Vilitan Union
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vilitan Union » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:04 am

The Report from Novonaya and Provinsk :: Football Medal Ceremonies lack VIlitan Presence

Men's Football at the Olympic Games:

I:
GOLD:: Starblaydia
SILVER:: The Weegies
BRONZE:: Bostopia
4th:: Hendrick4824
II:
GOLD:: Capitalizt SLANI
SILVER:: Ariddia
BRONZE:: Cafundéu
4th:: Reineberg
III:
GOLD:: Capitalizt SLANI
SILVER:: Valnora
BRONZE:: Newmanistan
4th:: Cafundéu
IV:
GOLD:: Edward City
SILVER:: Capitalizt SLANI
BRONZE:: Jasĭyun
4th:: Cachette de Lions
V:
GOLD:: Delaclava
SILVER:: Carpathia and Ruthenia
BRONZE:: Iglesian Archipelago
4th:: Sorthern Northland
VI:
GOLD:: Krytenia
SILVER:: Kagdzka and Pazhujebu
BRONZE:: Camwood
4th:: Cafundéu
VII:
GOLD:: Krytenia
SILVER:: Civil Citizenry
BRONZE:: Shofercia
4th:: Ferkas
VIII:
GOLD:: Saintland-Acedonia
SILVER:: The Inevitable Syndicate
BRONZE:: The Licentian Isles
4th:: Shofercia
IX:
GOLD:: Eura
SILVER:: Nova Anglicana
BRONZE:: Estope
4th:: Free Swiss States
X:
GOLD:: New Gelderland
SILVER:: Semarland
BRONZE:: Ficiscia
4th:: Benjamin Mark
XI:
GOLD:: Vilitan Union
SILVER:: The Licentian Isles
BRONZE:: Fluvique
4th:: Eonstar
XII:
GOLD:: Darmen
SILVER:: Cocoabo Forest
BRONZE:: Unified Beretania
4th:: Schottia
XIII:
GOLD:: TBD
SILVER:: TBD
BRONZE:: TBD
4th:: TBD
:
GOLD::
SILVER::
BRONZE::
4th::

Womens Football at the Olympic Games:

I:
G:: Qazox
S:: Ariddia
B:: Wentland
4th: Starblaydia
II:
G:: Ariddia
S:: Qazox
B:: Cafundéu
4th: Estresse Intenso
III:
G:: Ariddian Isles
S:: Newmanistan
B:: Cafundéu
4th: Wentland
IV:
G:: Cafundéu
S:: Valnora
B:: Jasĭyun
4th: Domnonia
V:
G:: Osarius
S:: Vekaiyu
B:: Jasĭyun
4th: Carpathia and Ruthenia
VI:
G:: Cafundéu
S:: Kernansquillec
B:: Civil Citizenry
4th: Sorthern Northland
VII:
G:: Mantwenic
S:: Euskirribakondara
B:: Shofercia
4th: Ipeland and Hutt River
VIII:
G:: Valanora
S:: Sargossa
B:: Carasatoga
4th: Worszary
IX:
G:: Felix
S:: San José Guayabal
B:: Asteran
4th: Electrum
X:
G:: Estelar
S:: Benjamin Mark
B:: Nova Anglicana
4th: Fluvique
XI:
G:: Vilitan Union
S:: Thatius
B:: Valanora
4th: Eonstar
XII:
G:: Vilitan Union
S:: Schottia
B:: Electrum
4th: Thési Érevnah
XIII:
G:: Free Republics
S:: Sirian
B:: Vangaziland
4th: Siovanija and Teusland
G::
S::
B::
4th:

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:08 am

Honorable Athletes of the Vekaiyun Holy Republic,

I, Riyna Yovisktre, the chairwoman of the Vekaiyun National Olympic Committee, wish to offer you my personal gratitude and respect for the decorum and the spirit of competition you fostered. In all things, from what I have reviewed and what I have witnessed, collectively, you carried yourselves well in this nation of Free Republics. I am at peace with the sincerity and the candidness that statement carries within my heart. We are a nation of transparency and a people free of surreptitious blemishes of which the world seems to have plenty.

It is that quality which I offer to you as a consideration - with the often violent rhetoric that surrounds these Olympiads, though it pains me to suggest this in lieu of adhering to the underlying message of unity our Premier has suggested time and time again, I must suggest a move toward isolation within these international games. It is not my intent to decrease our presence; on the contrary, I believe the Olympic spirit has been kindled due in part to a Vekaiyun presence, and our presence will remain consistent provided we remain steadfast and united as a delegation. However, one must always assess and observe. The consistent level of debauchery and violence stems from a culture of unchecked aggression, aggression that, if given enough time, will indeed ooze into the society of every participating nation.

An astute observation such as that practically begs for action. The Vekaiyun National Olympic Council has therefore decided to centralize power within our body and has sought greater separation from the Vekaiyun Government in order to better govern itself. Stronger consideration will be given to athletic acumen as well as nationalistic pride. You will agree a great athlete requires both to thrive in these international games - athleticism for the raw talent, and pride for the focus. Drive and ambition, of course, stem from such qualities, and will be better fostered in a delegation that underscores both. We will have greater selection power and greater power in rejecting or removing athletes. We will seek opportunities to get our voice heard domestically and abroad. And, we will closely monitor any developments that occur from any international competition as it affects Vekaiyu.

I thank you for your understanding as we continue to strive for excellence. Have a safe trip home. I look forward to starting big things before the next Olympiad.

In all things,

Riyna Yovisktre
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:52 am

Day 24 Cutoff
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:48 pm

Games of the XIII Olympiad
Republica, Republica District, Free Republics
Logo created by Anglatia

The capacity crowd at the Gem of the Oceans Stadium remained behind after Laeral's thrilling victory on penalties in the Men's Association Football gold medal match. While the Republican majority were disappointed that Rule Theriault's Republican National Soccer Team, LLC would have to settle for a bronze due to their loss to Laeral in the semis, the crowd soon had become enthralled nonetheless by the strong defensive play in the gold medal match. As the match ended, the crowd's attention quickly turned to the Men's Marathon, which was superimposed over the field and broadcast on the massive video screens throughout the stadium as the grounds crew rushed to take down the goals and clear the field for the closing ceremony.

As the crowd watched in the stadium, a man was standing outside arguing with security. He had arrived on a flight from Celeria that morning, having decided to return home to the Free Republics after hearing of the death of his longtime friend King Blacksen. Remaining in hiding in Celeria, where he had been since the day Kaleb O'Reilly was elected Consul, no longer appeared to be a viable option for the former leader of the Legion of Lucifer. Unfortunately, everybody in the Free Republics, including his own family, believed he was dead. Amid the argument, Consul Scarlett Nicholls arrived at the stadium from a negotiation with Senate leaders over her proposal to guarantee paid maternity leave for mothers. As she headed toward the VIP entrance to the stadium, she looked like she had seen a ghost. The man turned around and started running toward her, yelling her name. As he was about 10 feet away from giving his sister a hug, her bodyguards grabbed him.

Man - Scarlett! Is this how you're supposed to treat your brother?

Scarlett Nicholls - My brother was murdered by O'Reilly.

Man - I've been in hiding ever since that tyrant got elected.

Scarlett Nicholls - If you're really Veleik, why did you stay away for all these years?

Veleik Nicholls - I was simply enjoying life in Celeria and never saw the need to return home.

Scarlett Nicholls - Take his shirt off.

The consul's bodyguard did as she asked.

Scarlett Nicholls - Now turn him around so I can see his back. That looks just like Veleik's scar. Let him go. He's coming with me. Its time to announce the return of the hero who brought down Reino Kulseth to the entire Federation!

Inside the stadium, in the locker rooms, all of the Olympic medalists from the final day and a number of dignitaries including Robert Nicholls, the Senator Emeritus and ROOC Chairman, both current Consuls and the editor of Sporting World, Mrs. Nova Hellstrom-Hancock were all waiting for the Marathon to conclude. Finally, news came in that Mohammed Al-Zurnwa and James Jenkins had entered the stadium. As Cocoabo #61 entered the stadium and secured the last bronze medal of the XIII Olympiad, it was now time for the medal ceremonies to begin.

Senator Emeritus Nicholls had elected to begin the medal ceremonies portion of the Closing Ceremony immediately after the conclusion of the Marathon since the anthems for all 36 medalists would be played in full, without abridging a single verse, as had been the practice for these entire games. Republica, Gem of the Oceans would be played 8 times during these medal ceremonies as the Free Republics had secured 8 additional medals on the final day for a total of 145, breaking the all-time medal record of 144 set by Maineiacs at the II Olympiad. The sheer number of Republican medals had caused changes to the planned Closing Ceremony program as it was felt that playing the anthem 145 times in a row would be excessive.

As the anthems played and medals were being awarded, marathoners filed into the stadium, finishing the race. Eventually, Édgar Navarro Casilla (EJM) would become the final runner to enter the stadium as the remainder had failed to finish the race for whatever reason despite being permitted to do so by ROOC officials. The anthems continued playing for a while as the medal ceremonies were still far from over. Eventually, the 36th anthem finished playing and the last medal of the XIII Olympiad had been awarded. This occasion was met with a fireworks display followed by a lengthy highlights package featuring top moments from the Games which was noticeably heavy on Republican athletes including all 9.8 seconds of Rene Jager's gold medal win in the Men's 100 m dash. With the Olympics just ending, Jager had already received several offers to become a multi-sport athlete and utilize his fastest in the multiverse speed in sports other than track. Busana Shervashidze and Aija Anttila, gold medalists in the Women's Skiff, had also become huge celebrities after winning 3 races in a row and 5 total, including the final race, to secure the gold. Their dominant victory in the final was given a full minute. Extensive highlights were also shown of the Republican wrestling medalists, especially gold medalists Isa Treurniet, Cora Schiavone, Selam Kristensen, Anton Musar, Ruchama Hoogers, Maddison McKay, Reshma Tang and Theodore Demidov. All 8 gold medalists had already received offers to go pro from the New Republican Wrestling Conglomerate and All-Taiyou Pro Wrestling, both of which were always out to sign young talent with an amateur background.

After the highlights package finished, Republica, Gem of the Oceans played as all of the Republican medalists entered the stadium together for a victory lap. After the anthem concluded, the stadium play-by-play announcer read off the name of every single Republican medalist in alphabetical order and their event, including every player on the rosters for the teams that had won medals as highlights of their events were superimposed over what had been an association football pitch not too long ago. Finally, as the last Republican medalist was recognized, they left the field as a group and Scarlett Nicholls entered for a segment that had been hastily added at the last minute.

"Hello, Republica! Today, I have come to bring great news. One of our greatest national heroes, the man who led the fight to bring down Reino Kulseth, a man thought dead for many years, has returned! Republica, let me introduce to you, my brother, the leader of the Legion of Lucifer, Veleik Nicholls!" As Scarlett spoke, the Republicans in the crowd were stunned but as she spoke her brother's name, the crowd erupted and began chanting her brother's name as he walked out of the tunnel. Veleik thanked the crowd for their applause and began a lengthy unscripted speech about how he had been in hiding for years and how he had finally decided to return. Then, he asked the crowd to observe a moment of silence for the athletes and support staff who had died during the course of the Games. Highlights of their performances were superimposed upon the field as the crowd became silent. After 5 minutes of silence, Veleik and Scarlett thanked the crowd as Consul Kyle Bolton entered the field to introduce their father, the incoming president of the Olympic Council, Robert Nicholls. Finally, the former consul of the Free Republics, who had restored stability to the nation and erased the legacies of Kulseth and O'Reilly, Robert Nicholls entered the Gem of the Oceans Stadium and began speaking to the crowd.

Outside of the Gem of the Oceans Stadium, there was a massive commotion as Sister Maria Polus, joined by a number of Christian extremists from the Salvation Circle and the Church of Saintland, were protesting the "immorality" of the Olympics and calling for the Olympic Council to drop the women's events in "unladylike" sports such as basketball, association football, swimming, athletics, wrestling, boxing and almost everything else on the program that wasn't artistic swimming, gymnastics or figure skating. Sister Polus was also calling for the Olympic Council to separate female athletes from male athletes in the future and provide the ladies with chaperones at all times who would ensure that no "sexual immorality" occurred at the Olympics. At one point, her group had attempted to enter the Gem of the Oceans stadium through the entrance intended for marathon runners but had been blocked by security.

Ever since one of her videos had been interrupted by Olympic athletes, whom she had been unable to identify, tossing an apple at her, Sister Polus had been on the warpath against the Olympics, flooding the Republica Police Department, the Federation Investigation Bureau and officials from various delegations with thousands of reports of misbehavior. Privately, Republica police blamed her frivolous complaints for their failure to identify and capture the West Phoenician murderers in a timely manner. By law, the police are required to investigate every complaint so just ignoring Sister Polus wasn't an option and there was no way to prosecute her for reporting things that simply were not crimes. If there was, the police certainly would not have hesitated to utilize it to deal with the busybody nun who kept wasting their time. The FBC broadcast was aware of her protests but elected to ignore it as they were not sympathetic to Sister Polus's theocratic agenda.

"Today, I am pleased to announce the opening of a new Olympic Tower in Baseton. While the existing tower in Aeropag will remain in service and all existing staff will be permitted to continue working from there, I have determined that the Aeropag tower is insufficient for my plans to expand the Olympic Council's staff." The real reason for the new Tower, which had just been completed without fanfare by Nicholls Enterprises, was that Robert Nicholls had no desire to leave the Free Republics to administer the Olympic Council but he decided it would be unwise to state this publicly. "For the duration of my presidency, the primary office of the Olympic Council will be in the new Tower in Baseton which will be leased to the Council by Nicholls Enterprises on favorable terms. Furthermore, I will be hiring new staff for the Olympic Council to enable the continued evolution of the Olympic movement."

Following the announcement of the Tower, Nicholls discussed his thoughts on a few other topics before concluding by thanking all 70 delegations that entered the Olympics, all of the Olympic broadcasters and all of the fans for the success of the Olympics. The Closing Ceremony concluded with another fireworks display and a final playing of Republica, Gem of the Oceans as the Republicans in the crowd waved Republican flags.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:00 am

(Major OOC Note: I know what you're thinking. "MNM, it's been weeks since the Olympics are over". I know. I'm just making sure that I have a conclusion, so things can be resolved at the end for stuff I left unresolved.)

Endgame: Part 2

Steinberg had a bomb collar over his neck, as he was waiting for the bomb to appear near the Catharsis Plaza. After the attempted assault from the rooftop, the demiurge has already captured Steinberg and was forcing him to adjust the frequency, so the bomb can be deployed when it was in proximity. "I don't understand. You killed all of my men, yet you want me to be alive. Why?" Steinberg asked, as the demiurge had a gun pointed at his head. "Because I'm trying to bring back how things are supposed to originally be." the demiurge calmly explained.

The parasite using Keller's body managed to find themselves kicking down the door to an observation deck that leads to the stairwell to the roof. Just as they were about to dart across, the demiurge suddenly appeared from the stairwell and simply clapped her hands. The parasite raised their knife to make sure the light that would be cast from her hands didn't blind them. "You already came ready to kill me. That isn't a surprise, really." the demiurge said. "Screw you! Don't you think of having that bitch you hired to remind me of who I really was!" the parasite yelled in Keller's voice. "Even though you killed my sister, my plans are still going down the path that I knew would occur." the demiurge explained. "I don't care who I kill! All I want is to kill you and that fucking scientist!"

"Oh please. I know you're not Keller anymore. You just using her own skin, while she's technically now brain dead thanks to you."
"You leave Keller out of this! She's the reason she's alive. I'm just using her to get my revenge only you egomaniacs who think you can just kill off the population in this shitfest called Main Nation Ministry!"
"I'm only killing off those who are guilty. The ones who think they have the reason to stay alive, yet they were supposed to be dead."
"It's not happening!"
"Oh yes it is. Take a look." the demiurge pointed from the observation deck to the blimp that was approaching far away in the distance.
"What is a blimp supposed to do to scare me?"
"Remember that poison I took from that drug lab. I just put it in a bomb then I sent it to a terrorist to put it on that blimp. Once it appears Bright City, the whole water reservoir to which most of the citizens drink from the freshwater tap will be poisoned and be forced to succumb to the disease of no cure."
"That isn't going to kill everyone!"
"Actually, it will. You don't know of this, but the government here add some chemicals to the water to make sure no one is thinking of starting a rebellion. When they stop drinking the water, they succumb to their paranoia and rage to set the nation on fire." the demiurge explained their plan.

"Why are you doing this? What are you going to achieve when everyone is just going to die?"
"You don't know about the great mistake, don't you? After all, you're a fallen angel."
"Don't remind me, you- You don't know what we been through to make sure everyone could be resting in peace!"
"There wasn't supposed to be peace. There was supposed to be nothing. Why did you change it into the mistake?"
"Do you realize what wanted me to leave the pearly gates? After all of these years? No one didn't question it, until the bombs and viruses spread across the lands. They were all forced to rot while they were alive! Even though the Reapers could try to give them hope, they were already suffering! So when both the pearly gates and hell were created, it gave people a reason not to suffer, even though the latter was meant for that purpose! Being in hell is better than rotting alive!"
"Please. You messed with the natural order. Even if I can't change it, I can still make sure humanity was supposed to die decades ago!"
"I know about what happened. I know they tried to forget about it, since they needed to move on, but this dystopia is already better than what happened years ago! Even though I done some corruption that casted me down, I'm not letting some soulless hypocritical egomaniac god-complex bitch end innocent people's lives!"

"What's the point? Even if you kill me I will still win!" the demiurge remarked, as the parasite ran forward with their knife. But the demiurge raised their hand to blind the parasite with light. The parasite was briefly dazed, until they realized the demiurge had a sub-machine gun pointed straight at them, where they immediately ducked. "Just because I brought a knife to a gun fight doesn't mean I will lose!" the parasite yelled as they charged.

As the blimp was flying towards the Catharsis Plaza, a helicopter was flying over the blimp at around the same speed. "Alright! You think you can land on the top?! Ryuu will radio you!" the pilot of the chopper shouted at Daphne, who got her walkie-talkie ready, as she was ready to jump. "Just don't worry about me! I been down there and I been through worse!" Daphne said, as she waited till the pilot gave the signal. Jumping from the chopper, Daphne briefly bounced on the top of the balloon, but gotten herself right side up to maintain her balance. As the panicking assistant of the now former Sorrento was trying to fly the blimp to the city, unaware of the bomb on the underside of the carriage, he could have sworn he heard noises coming from the side of the carriage, where the door was.

After Daphne forced the door open, using some of her strength, the assistant started to flip. "No! No no no no no! This isn't real!" the assistant started panicking, as Daphne entered the carriage. "Calm down! There's a bomb on this blimp. I need you to-" Daphne tried to explain, until he ran past Daphne and proceeded to jump out of the carriage. "Wait! You don't even have a parachute!" Daphne tried to grab him, but when she looked out of the open door, the assistant was falling hundreds of feet in the air. "I don't think I can get the bomb defused from the actual blimp. I going to try to steer the thing away!" Daphne thought, as she went up to the cockpit. "Ryuu! I don't know when the blimp is going to explode! What do you want me to do?!" Daphne radioed Ryuu, as she managed to start driving the blimp from the reservoir. "The biohazard might still contaminate the area! You need to find a place where we can contain it!" Ryuu explained, until Daphne got a sudden idea. "This is going to be risky, but I going to do some multi-tasking! You can thank me later!" Daphne radioed him back, as she steered the blimp towards the pillar of light the portal was emitting. "Ok. I try to get the blimp in the portal, I can convince everyone to help me defuse the bomb, and I will try to convince them to not accidentally end the world. Sorta." Daphne said, as she tried to speed up the blimp, as it was starting to enter the pillar of light.

The parasite punched the demiurge, as they fought at the balcony. During the fight, the parasite managed to kick away the gun that the demiurge had. But she was still agile to fight with the parasite with just their fists. It wasn't until the demiurge glanced over the railing was when they saw that things weren't going to plan. "What?!" the demiurge said, where she was off guard when she saw the blimp in the sky proceeding to turn around. "No! It was supposed to fly straight across!" the demiurge said, where they got stabbed in the leg as a result of being distracted. "Who said that your plans would win?! I surprised they didn't blow up the blimp, unless they knew about your bomb beforehand!"

"It..It doesn't matter! The frequency from the tower will reach the bomb, before it can hover away from the reservoir!" the demiurge declared, where she managed to block an attack from the parasite, but they managed to make a counter punch when the demiurge herself attempted to attack. "Just let me kill you for once!" the parasite screamed, until the building suddenly started to shake. "What?" The building felt like it was going through an earthquake, where the demiurge started to take off to where Keller came from. "Get back here! I'm not finished with you, yet!" Entering the room, Jones had a pistol pointed at the demiurge, along with several squads of soldiers behind him, where she stood in the middle of the room. From below, there was glowing light similar to the pillar of light outside, where the parasite can feel the energy from inside.

"Guys! Make sure she doesn't get away!" Jones demanded to his men, as their weapons were at the demiurge. "Hang on! Can't we just try to reason here?" the demiurge changed their demeanor. "Just shoot her, damnit!" the parasite yelled, as some of the soldiers pointed their guns at her, also. "Don't shoot Harrington! She's possessed!" Jones explained. "Come on. How about we have a quick chat? Hm? All of this is just a big misunderstanding. All of you are on the wrong lawful side of the battle. You see the truth is-"

BANG! BANG! BANG!"

Jones immediately shot the demiurge in the head, where it looked like it wasn't enough to take us down, so Jones's men proceeded to unleash their spare lead on her to make sure she was really dead. As this was happening, the demiurge briefly became what many would describe as a lantern, as the bullet holes on her body led out light, before it faded away as she collapsed to the ground. "Finally! That bitch is officially dead." the parasite said, as the weapons were pointed at the parasite. "Get out of her body! We still have to deal with the fact that you're using a teenage girl as a host!" Jones said, where the parasite gripped their knife tighter. "I feel good, Jones! She doesn't need this body! Do you realize I'm sick I am of being in that other kid?!" the parasite explained to Jones, where he pulled back the safety pin of his pistol.

"I know that there are people that are at fault, but you can't be one of them! Just let Keller go! Or I-" Jones was interrupted, when another earthquake shook the building. "Sir! Another portal is opening up! It's developing right below us!" one of the squad members said, as the whole room started shaking. The parasite took a glimpse through one of the many glass panels that overlooked the main hall below to see an actual floating rift forming in the middle of main hall. "I think I take an alternative." the parasite smirked, as they dove through the glass floor panel near them. "NO!!!!" Jones was caught off-guard, as the parasite in Keller's body proceeded to free fall from the top floor all the way down to the rift. When Jones and the others reached where the parasite jumped off, all they only saw was the portal floating in the center of main hall.

The parasite managed to get back to hell. It was an almost joyful sight, as they launched a darkly red patch of dirt that seemed to be soaked with blood. The smell of fire and brimstone similar to burnt match heads was the aroma when stepping in. The twisted landscape all along was welcoming to the parasite, though they didn't know how to process. The only thought that entered their mind that had overtaken Keller was this. "...Now what?" the parasite said to themselves, when several demons in their monstrous forms appeared. "Who are you? How did you get in here?" A rhino-looking demon said to the parasite. "Relax, it's me. Thagomon. The outside world was a mess. Your portals are ripping apart the forests of that dictatorship." he explained, where he starts to talk about what happened. "It's a bit pervy of you to be using that body, you know?" another demon said.

"She's practically my "costume". You do realize I'm not some creep, because I'm in her body. She doesn't even need it."
"Thagomon, I know it's been years, but this chick you're in is still alive!"
"Do you realize what they did to me? Without a body, this just put me in some young kid's body to make them into super-soldiers! That's what they were doing with the others in the surface! We made the mistake of trying to head back up to where I came, only to fall back down! I need her, otherwise I would be nothing!" Thagomon ranted, until a loud noise shook the air above them. In a flash of light on the blood red sky, a blimp can be seen coming down at a downwards angle. "SportsLife? What is that?" a snake-like demon asked, where Thagomon already knew what it was. "That's the blimp that bitch tried to get into the water reservoir! It must have entered the other portal!" Thagomon explained, as he chased after the falling blimp, where some of the other demons followed suit.

"At a twisted mount of what looked like brain matter and steel, the carriage of the blimp stuck the top part of the structure, where the carriage itself somehow detached from the main balloon, as suddenly fire was erupting due to the leakage of gas from the balloon. The carriage was rolling down, as Thagomon saw something fly off from it. "The bomb! Someone help me defuse it!" Thagomon yelled out for help, as he recognized the bomb. Despite the bomb being activated by frequency, which there was none in Hell, Thagomon still needed to get rid of it, since he didn't know how the chemical would still work, when triggered in an explosion. It wasn't until a roar erupted nearby Thagomon was when he saw a familiar sight with a steel girder spear in their hands.

"What the?! Daphne?!" Thagomon said, caught off guard as he recognized her in her demon form, as she impaled the beam into the bomb, before breaking the thing into two, as the poison starts to seep into the ground. "Well. That's one chore taken care of." Daphne said, relieved. "You?! How did you get to the surface world!?" Thagoman demanded. "How did I? That's a bit of a "costume" you're using there." Daphne said, as she reverted back to her human form. "Sweet shit! The herald has returned!" a demon said as they caught up with the two of them, as several others arrived to see what was going on. "Herald? What's going on?! How did you get to the surface world?!"
"Wait a minute, you sound familiar.. Thagoman? Is that you? Oh my gosh! It's so good to see you!" Daphne reacted happily, as she knew Thagoman from years ago.
"I still hadn't forgotten about the fact that you kicked my ass and nearly tore apart 1/4 of the demon population in hell! How did you get up to the surface world?"
"Thagoman. We managed to find a portal. To get out of hell. I had to come back here, because you guys caused it to collapse on itself when rushing out."

"Hey! I had enough of this place! I wanted out!" an insect demon said, before some other demons gave him some dirty looks. "Look. I understand why you guys want out badly. After the war, we just wanted to continue our lives. But we shouldn't have the surface world fear us in the process."
"The said surface world had me in pieces and implanted me in some damn kid!"
"Well, not all of the surface world is bad! I been to places besides where the portal exited me from. I saw that there are peaceful lands in the surface world. It's possible for us to adapt."
"But how about...."
"Go on."
"They knew about us! Those bastards with their lab coats had this project of using us! Just so they could be unstoppable!"

"Hey! You can blame me for that!" a voice yelled from the back, where Thagoman looked to see a rather unique-looking demon. Rather than look like a monster, this person looked like a burnt corpse wearing a military uniform. He smoked a cigar, which came out from his body. "That's my daughter, you're using as a costume, you prick." Winston Harrington stated to Thagoman, as he immediately recognized his daughter. "Yeah, I knew about you people before I died! I done terrible things that I knew I done to be deserved to be here. But I'm not having my daughter down here, also!"
"Wait? You were the one who had this idea?!"
"I was manipulated. It wasn't until I realized it was due to that bitch."
"Wait... No fucking way.. You telling me that one of those hags I killed was responsible for hammering that nail in your mind?!"

"Thagoman. There are reasons that the surface world fears us. But the surface world fears what isn't down here, as well. Thagoman. Just let the girl go. She's probably been through too much, already." Daphne stated. That was when Thagoman was lost in thought. I mean. He was back here. He didn't even need to make things stressful as they were. He already won. "You're right. I'm.. I'm might have scared the girl into taking her body, but she saw things that made her want to not be here. More of a series of unfortunate events that coincidentally happened. She had enough for once. I let the girl go."
"Hang on. Before you let her go.." Winston said to Thagoman. "I don't want her seeing me like this and getting the wrong idea. I got a plan."

After the parasite took over her body, Keller blacked out. She felt her body be in a black void for what felt like days, until she felt pain all over her body. She wanted to scream in agony, until she opened her eyes to find herself staring at a red sky. She didn't know what was happening, until she saw a man look over her. "D-Dad?!" Keller said, immediately confused as her own father was there to help her up from what looked like brain matter.
"Where am I? Is this even-"
"Real? Sweetie. You're dreaming. I'm basically a hallucination in your mind." Winston explained, smoking his cigar.
"So what going on? Why is this just happening now?"
"That's a good question, Keller." Thagoman appeared near Keller, where he appeared before Keller. To Keller, he looked like a large shadow that was tall as her father with only white eyes that stared back at her. "What did you do?!" "Calm down, Keller. I had enough. I already fucked with your mind enough. This is where I leave." Thagoman stated. "So what now?" Keller asked him.
"You need a break."
"I already killed the demiurge. She was pretty pathetic to say the least."
"Am I still dreaming?"
"Yeah..I need you to let me knock you out and that's how I will exit your body completely. Currently, you're acting like an empty husk." Thagoman said, where he positioned himself to be ready to punch Keller. "Is this going to hurt?"
"You're still dreaming, so of course."

"Oh Keller?" Winston said to Keller.
"Yes, Dad?"
"Even though I'm in your mind, I need you to be me a favor. There is something that I have in the attic of your house. I figured I tell you, so I know how much it gave you some good memories." Winston explained.
"What is it?"
"You know when you see it. You can find it in a cardboard box."
"Oh Keller? Before I knock you out, you have some last words you can say to me before I leave?"
"If I do, they ain't nice ones."
"That's good of you being honest." Thagoman said, before Keller let him deck her, sending her to the ground.

"Alright! You guys can come out now!" Thagoman yelled, as several demons popped out from behind the mount, including Daphne. "Well, she's knocked out cold." Winston stated. "I take her to the bridge. Seeing how everyone down here is getting calmed down, I want to have Napier do some negotiation to try to make sure there is some peace." Daphne said, picking up Keller. "Napier? Who's Napier?"
"Well, Napier isn't his real name. His name is REDACTED.
"Wait? Him!?"
"Yeah..I guessing you know him before?"
"You met the Leader of Main Nation Ministry?"
"Technically, he's my husband." Daphne said, where Winston had a rather bewildered look, along with Thagoman.
"How is that guy your husband? I didn't catch up to him in person, but isn't he a teenager?" Thagoman asked.
"I know. It's a long story, but I think it was due to one of those demiurges you mentioned earlier."

"Why the hell does all the weirdest shit happen in that shithole of Main Nation Ministry?"

"I don't think people would want to know the whole truth, Thagoman." Daphne said, as she carried Keller. "I meet you guys later. I know how to handle this. Tell Lucifer that I can arrange something."

"Jones! Please! That woman had that collar around my neck! What else would I do?!" Steinberg pleaded, as after the parasite entered the portal, the cascade had calmed down. The nation was less chaotic, since there wasn't large pillars of light going up in the air. The original portal had became somewhat now of a glowing red gateway to Hell, making it visible to the assault squads who arrived to secure the area completely. Now, Steinberg had been released from his captivity, only to end up in the hands of Jones, who had his pistol pointed at him. "Steinberg. You're going to be imprisoned for your exploitation of the rules." Jones explained to Steinberg, as he led him escorted down to the main hall. However, when the group reached the 60th floor at the stairway, the Leader was already waiting for them with several bodyguards.

"Leader? What are you doing here?" Jones asked him. "Oh Jones. I see that you brought our marked man without harm." the Leader said, as Steinberg tried to head back upstairs, but was blocked by several soldiers. "Let me take care of him. I make sure we cut one loose end, before I tighten the rest." The Leader declared, as Steinberg was forced downstairs, where both the Leader and Steinberg were in a room overlooking the main hall. Steinberg had his back against a window, as the Leader had his bodyguards enter the room with him. "Leader! I can explain! That woman! She had a collar on my throat! She would have killed me, if I didn't comply." Steinberg pleaded, as the Leader looked unconcerned. "Why should I give sympathy to a man who's own hypocrisy never ended the nation?" he said as a reply. "Please! You were infected with a memetic hazard!"

"Memetic hazard? You think that just because you work at the Northwest makes you think everything is a memetic hazard to you? She lied to me, but she didn't kill me. She only wanted to help. And all you did was make it worst for everyone. Of course, I might as well mark your death as an accident to help preserve your reputation to most of the public. You wanna know what I learned back in Free Republics, Steinberg?"
"What?!"
"I heard stories unlike no other. Some unrelated to ours. Stories of revenge, oppression, and senseless violence. We all face our problems, but I already know how to face what you made, Steinberg." The Leader said, as he nodded towards a bodyguard to grab him. "No! Stop! What are you doing!?"
"Steinberg. Thank you for making the part of me that I hated being the most be back in me."

The bodyguard tossed Steinberg through the window, as he screamed all the way down to the first floor of the main hall. The Leader heard a thud, but he knew that Steinberg couldn't survive the fall. After he exited the room, Jones didn't say a word, knowing about what happened inside the room. "Now, let's find Keller. Shall we?" The Leader said. After all of them exited Catharsis Plaza, a soldier ran up to him with some news. "Leader, sir! We are getting reports that two people have exited the portal!"
"What are their descriptions?"
"Two women! One described as a teenager and one similar to the first person who exited the portal."
"Thank you for this information." The Leader said, before turning to Jones. "Keller got out. I'm heading over there to make sure she's fine. You make sure everyone is ok." "Yes, Leader." Jones simply said, watching the Leader leave.

At the sight of where the first portal was, all the Leader immediately saw was Daphne carrying an unconscious Keller. "Don't worry, boys! I know how to handle this!" the Leader said to the men pointing their guns at Daphne, where they lowered their arms. "Napier! I managed to make sure she isn't possessed anymore!" Daphne said, as she held Keller, where several medics rushed over to take her away. "Don't worry about Keller. She's a trooper when it comes to this stuff." "I actually met her father." Daphne said, where the Leader immediately went silent.

"How is he? It's been a while."
"Whatever you did to execute him, he looks a little..dead than most of us down there."
"I'm not surprised."

Daphne turned to the portal with a bit of a frown on her face. "You need to leave?" the Leader asked, growing worried also. "I still see you again. It's just.. There was a reason I came here." Daphne said. "Oh no..Not this again."
"It's not what you think it is. You see, I came here so I can others another chance. There are people like me who want to redeem themselves. And I know that it's going to fly with you, but you still trust me, right?"
"I do, Daphne. But it's going to piss them off."
"The northwest? You ain't in control with them?"
"No. Daphne. Not the northwest. Them."
"Who?" Daphne asked, where the Leader started to look depressed.
"You thought that when you arrived, you thought I had a whole nation under my hands? To be fair, I'm just a large cog in the system of the Ministry. The real people who control the Ministry doesn't psychically exist. And I'm just here because they need someone to help everyone else. Isn't that a bit of a kick to the teeth of irony? Not even I'm in my own free will."

"Do..Do they know?"
"They probably do. Everything. But they don't really give me orders. They just come to make sure that things don't go into flames."
"I see. Would they be happy, if both of us helped the others?"
"They might. If nothing bad happens, then they practically said yes."
"Napier. Before I head back in to tell everyone in Hell, I figure I give you something." Daphne said, as she reached in her pocket. "What is it?" The Leader said, curious. "I made a quick stop before I went to the portal. I hope you don't get too emotional." Daphne explained, as she took out a locket.

"Where? Where did you get this? You had it with you when..." the Leader stopped speaking and opening the locket. Inside was a picture of Daphne looking happy as always. On the other end was a picture of someone, but there was a dried bloodstain covering their picture. The Leader already knew who it was. "Let's get to work." The Leader calmly said, as the Leader and Daphne walked towards the portal.

Epilogue: The Dragon

Keller woke up in the hospital bed, unaware of what has happened. "What?" She sat up to see the Leader calming her down. "Welcome to Hell. A bit white, isn't it." the Leader joked, as he leaned against the bed. "What happened while I was out?" Keller asked him. "You saved the nation. Despite the fact that you were possessed, but that's a whole different story. I came to make sure you were healing all fine."
"Of course.. So I can be in another mission.."
"Mission? There is going to be no mission."
"What are you saying?"
"Keller, you have been honorably discharged. I made sure that you don't need to touch a knife or gun anytime soon, until something bad happens. But I putting you on the list of those who can just relax without worry and have a civilized life."

"Well. That's a relief."
"I do have you in an important position. Which you can reveal to the public at any time you like."
"Like what?" Keller asked, where he smiled a bit.
"I'm making the official princess of Main Nation Ministry."
"You what? Leader..I..Why?"

"It's funny, because you should know the answer, but you already managed to move on from that. Before I go, I do have something that someone wanted me to give you." The Leader said, as he showed Keller a red dragon plush animal. "Where did you get this?" Keller said, recognizing the animal. "Someone told me about it and I figured I give it to you."
"But this is what I had back in my childhood? The only people to know about this is my father and my moth- Oh. I see. It was nice of her. I do actually like to have it, since it's been a bit long. Been a while."

The Leader got up to leave, but said to stuff to Keller. "I'm going to let you rest. We're making sure your levels are good." The Leader was about to leave, until Keller asked him a question. "Leader? Is there something you do in your spare time? Besides working?"
"Ha ha.. Well. I can say I'm like everyone else. It's best you rest up, kiddo." the Leader said, before leaving. Keller looked at the red dragon plushie, before looking at the window. She didn't exactly felt free, but she could tell the Leader was making it up to her. But she didn't understand how he knew about the dragon plushie. She might have been naive of what happened before she woke up. Did what happened with the parasite and her father really happen or was it just a dream? Keller let out a smile, before shedding a tear.

She wasn't free. But she got her demons out. With the help of one getting inside her, first.

Even after what happened, she felt a sense of actual peace, that she believed was being felt by everyone. Even if she didn't understand what was actually happening outside her hospital.

END
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports