NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup LXV (65) RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Felix
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Felix » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:20 pm

World Cup LXV Qualifiers: A 6-3 Win!

By: Steven Smith

In a win that was much less closer than the tight match in the first matchday, Felix earns three points and a extra three goals to add to their goal differential with a 6-3 win at home against Alexanderburn while that big win doesn't move us anywhere on the tables as all of our rivals won their respective matches, Schalafania 0–1 Valladares, Borealia 3–4 Qazox, and St Lucoa 0–2 Estope we are still one point away from third and two points from fourth. We could use some help next match as a win against St Lucoa could be vital and losses from the top three teams. We have a easy schedule for the next four games (include our next one) so if we win those matches we could be in excellent position for the tougher matches up ahead, Valladares, Boring Paradise, Qazox and Estope. Now here is a recap of the big win we had today against Alexanderburn.

The first half was a tough half for both teams as the two nations battled it out for dominance in the match, in the first half we saw witness to six goals! Three for Felix and three for Alexanderburn and that was possible because the possession and shot amount was about equal, both teams made excellent plays for the ball. Though the first goal came from the opposing side Tristen van der Pol scored with a excellent shot at the top right corner in the 16th minute. But the Felixians quickly responded with a goal in the 20th minute with a goal from Mikel Araboa from an assist from Felix Pier, 1-1. The match did not remain 1-1 for long as Felix scored again this time from, Yun Dong Lee in the 28th minute, the crowd in El Estadio Nacional went crazy playing their trumpets and trombones and chanting. 2-1 Felix. But Alexanderburn soon responded in the 33rd minute with another goal from Tristen van der Pol as he scored again this time the goal was assisted by Torben Frederiksen. 2-2, tie match. Alexanderburn then took back the lead with a goal in the 39th minute with a hat trick goal from van de Pol, 3-2 Alexanderburn. But the Phoenix weren't going to end the half like this, they scored just before injury time (45th minute) with a goal from Yun Dong Lee. Halftime in this thrilling match with scoreline reading, 3-3.

The second half was just as good as the first, this time Felix scoring all the goals and winning the match, much to the home crowd's delight. The goal that gave the lead for Felix was a nice shot from outside the box by Mikel Araboa in the 49th minute as Felix took the lead, 4-3. But Felix quickly added up their goal tally with another shot into the net by Yun Dong Lee in the 51st minute, getting his hat trick and the first by any Felixian player in a World Cup Match. The crowd chanted Lee's name as he was tackled by his teammates as they congratulated him for this historic Felixian football event. 5-3, Felix. Felix rang up some close shots both from Lee and Araboa from the 52nd minute on, some hitting the post and others being blocked by Dale Moulton, the Alexanderburn goalkeeper. But in the 69th minute things got a bit ugly as Cameron Doyle of Alexanderburn fouled Ziya Saqqaf from outside the penalty box. Ziya was up to kick, despite the fact Araboa was designated to kick and let Ziya kick. Ziya took the opportunity by shooting a beautiful goal that went over the wall and curved right into he left corner of the net, a impossible save to do. Felix took the lead and finished the match like that, 6-3.

The postgame press conference was all smiles and laughs as the result brought a huge grin the Mr. Cardona's face. He told reporters that Felix has a chance to qualify if they continue to play like this, which is true because if things go our way and certain teams lose (I am looking at you, Qazox, Valladares and Estope) Felix might as well say hello to the hosts, Pasarga and Saugeais and send postcards to both our families and our fellow Esportivians. Here is a statement Cardona said today, "I highly believe Felix can do wonders in the World Cup, we just have to believe it and while a first year nation making it to the World Cup proper is unheralded, I think Felix is the team that can do it, just like those people doubted us in the U-21 World Cup, we got fourth place in it and they still doubted us in the Baptism of Fire, we got second. So this country overall has a treasure trove of talent that could make us a threat to any team, highly ranked or not. So come on! Lets go out there and show the world Felix is ready!" After that many reporters stood up and applauded him for his inspirational speech and with that he was off to the team bus.

Felix will fly down to the Caribbean nation of St Lucoa a team that we heartbreakingly loss to 1-2 at our first home game in the first round of qualifications. Let's do a little preview of next week's match, yes? St Lucoa is a small island nation still owned by the Great Britain, a country that once owned a piece of Felix back in the 1800s. Anyways the qualifiers for St Lucoa has been rather rough on them as they four matches, tied three and lost three with adds up to 15 points. A win against them will give us a nice push in the points battle and the goal differential battle as we currently are tied with Estope in regards to goal differential as we both have a nice and comfortable 10+ GD. The win will give us 21 points pushing us ahead of Estope and Valladares if they both lose and if Qazox loses will only be down by two, which is possible considering Qazox's tough schedule the first four or five matchdays, but the major thing for Felix is that win that match against Qazox, while we failed to do that in the first chance we got we can do it next time. But back to the next game we have, St Lucoa is a tricky team and Felix will have to play very well in order to win the match and get those crucial three points, will Felix do it? We will find out when the Phoenix face off against the men of St Lucoa, until next time, this has been Steven Smith reporting in Felix.

As always here were the statistics for our latest qualification match.

Goals
(16th): Tristen van der Pol (ALX)
(20th): Mikel Araboa (FEL)
(28th): Yun Dong Lee (FEL)
(33rd): Tristen van der Pol (ALX)
(39th): Tristen van der Pol (ALX)
(45th): Yun Dong Lee (FEL)
(49th): Mikel Araboa (FEL)
(51st): Yun Dong Lee (FEL)
(69th): Ziya Saqqaf (FEL)
Assists
(20th): Felix Pier (FEL)
Possession
FEL: 52%
ALX: 48%
Fouls
FEL: 10
ALX: 12
Cards
Yellow: Cameron Doyle (ALX)
Red: N/A
Injuries
N/A

Now here are the statistics for the qualifiers so far.

Goals
Yun Dong Lee (8)
Mikel Araboa (7)
Ziya Saqqaf (4)
Simo Roni (2)
Sebastian Krister (2)
Aloysius Blau (1)
Assists
Sebastian Krister (4)
Manolo Espina (2)
Simo Roni (1)
Mikel Araboa (1)
Felix Pier (1)
Clean Sheets
N/A
Yellow Cards
Simo Roni (1)
Red Cards
N/A
Injury List
N/A

-----

Special Edition Issue: A Celebration Of A 120 Years Of Felixian Football

By: Steven Smith

In 1890 a group of men decided to make a professional football league, try uniting all the amateur/semi-pro in Felix. The first teams include the forerunner of Altomare, Atletico Altomare, Sporting Volker and other teams. The original chairmen called it the, Felix Champions League, they never thought this little League would last a 120 years and fielded thousands of thousands players from all over the Multiverse. The Felixian Football Association (FFA) will announce the top ten "golden teams" of the past 120 years. But none of that is as important as the years of Felixian football we have seen, we have seen great rises and falls, excellent players and men that simply inspire.

In the 120 years of FCL football there has never been a female players, sure there is a female's league but that was massively underfunded and wasn't receiving the media attention the league deserved. But in light of the 120 years anniversary mark the FFA committee has decided that, yes bot Felixian men and women will play as one, as any other Football league and national team next year. The FCL has gone far and will go farther. Until next time folks and remember, 120 years of footballing excellence.

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:21 pm

DE PLACA
Congrats to Hueland, Commiserations to Shakira

WORLD CUP 65
Sunrise run over German-Spanish Empire, re-obtain top of the group

Man, the people of Mardi should be angered. If they only knew that it would take a change of scenery for the Sunrisians to run over the team of the German-Spanish Empire and that they missed seven goals of the Sunrisian side... Wow. Good thing they didn't show their names, because it would be pretty embarassing for someone's career. Imagine, suffering seven goals at home!

The game would start, sadly, with the Sunrisians on the lower half. An unpretentious shot by one of the forwards of the German-Spanish Empire would end up in one goal at the fifth minute. The other goal would be a ball that went thru the legs of goalie Rosário. Embarassed, he would be then substituted by Mellody Sioux. Later, it was figured out he wasn't feeling well. So maybe it justifies such lame defenses.

Any ways, the Sunrisian show started. Melina Patiy would shoot the ball with great strength to the sky. The defenders of the opposing side would just watch the ball, as it fell like a comet, only to recieve another strong hit by Patiy, straight to the goal. The net burnt and the ball hit the wall behind the goal, making a mark at it. 1-2. The same Patiy would steal the ball in the defensive area of the German-Spanish Empire passing it forward for Bridgitte Laval to hit the ball with the side of her left foot, lifting it over the goalie's head. 2-2. The first half would see its last goal when Louise Montblanc kicking the ball in the middle of the box, finding the head of Natsu Hanekawa, leaving the Sunrisian crowd in joy and the German-Spanish crowd in... well, nothing, most of them left by then.

As the second half started... Time to get the calculator again. Penalty Kick in favour of NSI, Sioux goes to convert it without difficulty. 4-2. Andressa de Souza would run through the left side, almost unfollowed, only to kick a curveball to the top left angle, leaving the opponent's goalie moveless. 5-2. Duda dribbles thru the defensive area without difficulty, then hitting the back of the net with a great shot. 6-2. And to finish off, Harley Smith, with the goal of the match.

She lifted the ball, doing a Pot of Gold over the head of a midfielder. Then she one-twoed with Laval to get past a defender. For last, she would nutmeg the goalie, then taunt the goalie only to moonwalk the ball into the goal. 7-2 and the game is history. An almost empty crowd saw all the goals. Heck, if we keep like that, who knows? Maybe the World Cup could be a dream!

NORTHERN SUNRISE ISLANDS - 7
M. Rosário (M. Sioux (55')); A. de Souza (68'), P. Mangalonga, N. Hanekawa (47'), L. Souza; B. Laval (40'), B. Crawford, H. Smith (81'), Duda (73'); M. Patiy (33'), L. Montblanc
GERMAN-SPANISH EMPIRE - 2
As you may remember, they didn't reveal the name of their players. BUT, they scored twice, at the 5' and the 9'.

OTHER NEWS
> Northern Stars may no longer be alone at the Felix Champion League as a Farm Team
> NSIFC loses control of the three heritage tournaments
> SAJFC agrees on doing a pyramid change
> Hannah Alcouin looks forward for a possible Mega-Junior league

Last edited by Northern Sunrise Islands on Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Sporting World

Letters to the Editor

Petrograd Olympic Bidding Controversy

I read your recent article about the Olympic Council rejecting the city of Petrograd's bid and I have to say that I am disgusted by the behavior of those foreigners. How dare they say that we are not allowed to bid for the Summer Olympics just because we've never competed in it. I, for one, support the Federation Government's boycott of the Orean, Liventia Olympics.

Jan Biermann
Republica District

I was actually relieved when the Olympic Council announced that we weren't getting the Olympics. I don't want my taxes to go up just so a bunch of foreign athletes can come here and take over our city for a few weeks. The Olympics is a gigantic scam that bankrupts host cities and often bankrupts the nations foolish enough to host that event. Personally, they can just go to Liventia for all I care. I'm sure hosting 2 Winter Olympics and now a Summer Olympics in 2 calendar years will come back to haunt the Liventian people, but at least I won't have to pay for the Olympics.

Kari Legault
Republic of Plymouth

Maybe if we hadn't been so insular and so hyper-nationalistic that we are afraid of failure, we would have competed in and dominated last year's Olympics. If we had done that, maybe we would be eligible to bid on the Olympics. I don't understand why those knuckle-dragging nationalists can't look in the mirror and realize that they've isolated our nation from the rest of the world. Maybe we should join the WA and maybe our superstar athletes should man or woman up and actually compete against the best athletes in the world. Should a nation of billions of people with one of the most competitive soccer leagues in the world really be sending a bunch of teenagers and a coach that was a total failure in our domestic leagues to the World Cup?

Evie Howard
Republic of Exastrium

I think the Olympic Council's stated reason for rejecting Petrograd's bid is just a pretext. It seems plainly obvious to me that the Olympic Council doesn't want baseball, softball or real football included in the Olympics. They probably also didn't like the fact that Petrograd's bid would not have included "sports" such as trampoline and synchronized swimming. The Olympic Council announced earlier this year that they are booting wrestling out of the Olympics 7 or 8 years from now and by that, they mean the real kind of wrestling, not the fake kind that Sporting World's dunce of an international soccer reporter thinks is real. The Olympic Council is a joke and so is their event.

Iskander Kotov
Republic of Nejax

Republican Games

I applaud the decision by the Federation Government to hold the Republican Games. I look forward to watching the best athletes from throughout our Federation compete for medals. I am a Republican. I don't want to see foreign athletes. I want to see the best Republican athletes compete against one another to see who is the best in the multiverse. That's what the Republican Games are all about.

Rewdabh Nekhea
Republic of Orlandiana

I kind of like the idea of the Republican Games, but I kind of don't. I agree that the Olympic Council's refusal to even consider our bid was disgraceful, but I think we should have just swallowed our pride and entered the Olympics anyway. A "boycott" of the Olympics, by a nation that has never competed in an Olympics, will accomplish nothing. At least we now have a Games for the best athletes in the FFR, but I wish we could see how our best stack up against the best from foreign lands.

Zofia Ostrowska
Republic of Roxawa

The Republican Games are going to be a laughing stock among the nations of the world. Are we really such cowards that we will use the slightest pretext to "boycott" the Olympics to avoid proving ourselves against foreign competitors? All those narrow-minded people that think that the FFR is the only nation that matters in the world are the reason why we are so isolated from the rest of the world. Why can't we be more like other countries? Sadly, Nova Hellstrom isn't the only nationalistic moron in the Federation of Free Republics.

Rommert Scheepmaker
Republic of Torapa

If you ask me, we should just invade Liventia for having the audacity to steal our Summer Olympics. If we did that, the Olympic Council would have no choice but to award us the Olympics. Are they really going to give the Olympics to Vekaiyu or Kannap? Neither of those nations have the infrastructure to hold an Olympics. What's the point of running a Republican Games when we can just go on an invading spree and turn every potential host into one of our colonies?

Luke Nolan
Republic of Vorita

Here's the inspiration for the National Anthem of the Free Republics. That song was one of the USA's unofficial national anthems before the current one was adopted and was probably the most popular one during the Civil War era.

National Anthem (Republica, the Gem of the Oceans)

O Republica! the gem of the oceans,
The home of the brave and the free,
The shrine of every patriot's devotion,
A world offers homage to thee;
Thy mandates make heroes assemble,
When Liberty's form stands in view;
Thy banners make tyranny tremble,
When borne by the blue and the white,
Thy banners make tyranny tremble,
When borne by the blue and the white.

When war wing'd its wide desolation,
And threaten'd the land to deform,
The ark then of freedom's foundation,
Republica rode safe thro' the storm;
With her garlands of vict'ry around her,
When so proudly she bore her brave crew;
With her flag proudly waving before her,
The boast of the blue and the white,
With her flag proudly floating before her,
The boast of the blue and the white.

The Federation, the Federation forever,
Our glorious nation's sweet hymn,
May the wreaths it has won never wither,
Nor the colors of its glory grow dim,
May the service united ne'er sever,

But they to their colors prove true.
The Army and Navy forever,
Three cheers for the blue and the white,
The Army and Navy for ever,
Three cheers for the blue and the white.

The blue spangled banner bring hither,
O'er Republica's true sons let it wave;
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
Nor its colors cease to shine on the brave.
May thy service united ne'er sever,
But hold to the colors so true;
Three cheers for the blue and the white!
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

The Sova Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sova Empire » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Some teams just have a team's number.

San Potato, for example, has handled The Sova Empire quite well. In 2 games, the aggregate score has been 4-9. After losing 2-5 away, TSE hoped to score a vengeful victory. Trevor Grey was looking to get back in a groove, as he has been letting several goals by this tournament. Would Trevor Grey come through? Unfortunately, no. A goal in the 3rd minute by Joe Johnson put the Potatoes up 1-0, and it would be 2-0 in the 10th on a goal by Hardaway Jr. The Potato attack was relentless, and 2 goals by Ohinmaa in the 15th and 19th minute would see Grey depart early in a game again, and Jade Bird came in relief, with the game at 4-0. The game was almost at 5-0, but a huge diving catch by Bird was the last big chance for another 50 minutes for the San side. The Sovan offense took charge then, but they simply could not figure out the 112th ranked team in the world. The defense was great, even with a 4-goal lead. When halftime came, the Potato coach swapped in their other goalie Manny Anderson in. This worked for a while, but in the 60th minute, Blake Leggett found a hole in the defense, and would not let the opportunity go by. Finally, TSE would score. He was swapped out for Dillon after a tackle in the 69th minute looked rather painful. Dillon would prove to have a bit of clutch in him as he closed the gap to 2 goals in the 73rd minute. Unfortunately, it was too little too late, as the Potato squad stalled for time and defeated TSE, 2-4.

Next match is against the unranked Rex Lucian, who TSE is expected to defeat by a large margin.
☻/ This is Bob, copy & paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.
Quarterfinals: HWC 10
Round of 16: IBC 12, WBC 26 + 27

World Bowl Ranking: 44th, 4.52 points
World Cup Ranking: 58th, 14.8 points
World Baseball Classic Ranking: 18th, 1.66 points

Lymantatia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lymantatia » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:29 pm

A Year In The Life: Weeks 17-20
The person centered around in "A Year In The Life" is a female 14-year-old named Liselotte de Archambault (November 20, 1997-) who lives in Roselle, a town with a population of 10,000 which is near Laurentia. Liselotte's paternal ancestry starts with the Archambault noble family. She has a mother (October 22, 1964-), father (June 2, 1962-), a 14-year old sister Marguerite (March 11, 1997-) and a 22-year old brother named Alfred (March 28, 1989-).
Week 13 (April 22-April 28)
She visits the Archambault castle.
Week 14 (April 29-May 5)
She has Spring Break.
Week 15 (May 6-May 12)
She go to the mall.
Week 16 (May 13-May 19)
Her family goes to Connorstown at Saturday.
Hontaypyar 0–3 Lymantatia
Posted at 9:00pm 2013 June 28 - We are back to winning! Isn't that great?
Goalscorers
15 mins - Jacques Bressler (Lymantatia)
28 mins - Sylvius Johnson (Lymantatia)
77 mins - Jacques Bressler (Lymantatia)
Current Statistics
Average number of time of goals: 38 minutes)
Average number of time of goals by other teams: 50 minutes
Most goals by person on Lymantatia's team: Jacques Bressler (10)
IC Time is 9:00pm 2013 June 29
Baptism of Fire 44 Round of 16, de facto retired.

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:52 pm

Valanora Times
Making way

Ten matchdays have come and gone with another eight left to go for this qualifying cycle. For those that are mathematically inclined, that is five ninths done with the qualifying with another four ninths to go. Simple enough and straightforward yes? Yes, so here we are at this juncture and as can be expected, the Marauders are leading their group and have swept their fellow World Cup 29 classmates in Quakmybush. For those of you who don't remember them, they were the nation from our debut tournament that went unranked into the qualifying cycle and qualified despite the challenge. For many years, people expected them to be the face of our "class" as it were, though history clearly had another idea in mind.

The victory at Capri brings the Marauders within just three or four more victories from gaining their qualification early and being able to rotate the players around those last few weeks. However, since the stated goal of the side is to finish at or above forty points from the qualifying cycle, I am not sure that there will be any letting up off the gas pedal if an early qualification does come their way. Having already dropped five points with their first half loss at Branta Island and another away draw, they will have to be near perfect to achieve their goal of the forty points. However, despite what the squad will tell you, their is a small sense of satisfaction throughout the locker room with the sweep of Quakmybush. While history might have had the Marauders with better tournament success, when it came to head to matchups, though sparse, were about evenly matched. These victories push that edge and just add a bit of vindication on who was indeed the best nation to come out of World Cup 29.

However, it is merely a stepping stone for the matchup that comes tomorrow, as Akbarabad is on the docket. They have floundered despite being the second seed and are needing a win to right their campaign, and what better way than to knock us off? It is the best way to ensure that the top of the group does not get any further out of reach than it already is and would cluster up the top four nations in the group, to make for an interesting stretch run in the last third of qualifying. From a neutral's point of view, it is likely the best thing that could happen to the group that looks like it just might be sliding away from posing a legitimate challenge to the Marauder thread.

For those that cheer on the navy and green though, it is the chance to put their stamp of authority across the group. Laborious Hawk has even said that it is the most important match in qualifying and if a legend like Hawk can commit to those words, you have to believe that their is merit in them. That sort of statement also suggests that the team is preparing for this single match like no other match they have this entire cycle. This may be a good and bad thing, if it means that that Marauders end up victorious but then suffer a letdown in their following matches. An all too common occurrence in marathon qualifications, but one that can be guarded against by the right manager.

As has been the talk of the past year or so, is the manager at the helm of the Marauder juggernaut the right manager? You have people in both camps that can make pretty convincing arguments that would have you switch to their side if you were not already. It is up to our manager to go out there and have the results prove her mettle. Even then, it may not be enough or she may yet tire of the questioning about the stability of her position. It would not be an unusual thing if she resigned her post after this cycle. For now though, it is fairly certain that whatever is to come after this cycle, that she is getting this squad ready to do what it can to make all of Valanora proud. Such is all we can ask for from her or anyone that takes up the mantle.
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Rubio had held off on submitting his article on Alvaro Mozo for a few weeks, instead concentrating on his regular work and fatherhood duties before copying his notes up. When he finally did, it was after a two-game stretch during which the stock of Audioslavia's footballing game had dropped as low as it had in the last ten years. Two games against the group's bottom seeds, one goal scored. A nil-nil bore-draw against Lxherusskia followed by a drab, uninspiring 1-0 win away to Magnustan. They hadn't been defeated, but they hadn't played well, and with a crucial double-header coming up against mis-firing Kiryu-Shi and a Cassadaigua team that had proved the best of a bad bunch, the sports press were understandably agitated.
Audioslavia manager Israel Klimt had come under fire for his inability to get his side playing. Every single member of the Audiolavia first-eleven had won at least one major trophy - some of them four - and accusations flew over how badly either manager or squad *wanted* to do it all over again. Sure, three cups in a row would be nice, but did the players feel it was worth working for?
One man who had, as yet, avoided the worst of the media's glare was Alvaro Mozo and, with Rubio's rather glowing appraisal of his efforts, Mozo's stock was already on the rise. Within six hours of Sanchez's piece being published, a story ran on the sports section of AudioVisual that made utterly unfounded claims that Mozo was pushing for Klimt's job. The papers ran with that particular - utterly fabricated - story the next day, and the rumours made for a rather eventful press-conference before the team departed for Kiryu-Shi.

---

Jeremy Jaffacake switched off the TV before the sports-news section had even finished. he shook his head in bewilderment.
"The man's lost it" he said, to no-one in particular, "Israel Klimt as lost it"
"'All you f***ers don't know what you're talking about, you're all c***s', that what he said? Sounds like he's making more sense than ever" said Sucker Punch, nudging a few blue chips towards the centre of their table.
"Fold" said Jeremy, throwing away his cards. "Any word from Kjeligsted yet?" he asked, fidgeting in his chair.
"Relax" said Punch, "these things take time. We can't make the next step forward until we're sure we've got our footing right in this one"
He was right. Jeremy and Punch's 'operation' had been going on for months, now. The two of them had been there, in Kjeligsted, but both had gotten 'home'sick, the way one would miss drinking gin by a beach for a living, and both had left withing the week, amid assurances that the pub would be in good hands. The pair had become, in short, gangsters. The isle of Kjeligsted had gone dry, banned alcohol, and via a few cheap plane flights, a few contacts, some knowledge of Audioslavian animal husbandry (different to Krytenian animal husbandry in a very important way) and a collection of large, flamboyant ice-sculptures they had set up a speakeasy in Kjelstad in an attempt to wean Kjeligsted back onto teat of beer, but also to make some quick. hard cash.
'How long til they get it sorted?" asked Jeremy
"'bout twenty minutes, probably".

---

Alvaro Mozo knocked on the hotel-room door. Israel Klimt, his boss, opened it.
"Team all tucked up in bed, Israel. Gonna do the same thing myself" he said, making as if he was about to leave. Israel called him back.
"'Israel?'" said Israel, an eyebrow raised.
"..yes?" said Alvaro.
"'Boss' is the term you're supposed to use"
"Aye.. well I *do* call you boss" said Alvaro, but the young man knew where this was going.
"No basis for these rumours of you usurping me, is there?"
"Of coure not, boss" said Alvaro, telling the truth, "course not. Don't know where it came from"
"You spoke to that Rubio Sanchez" said Klimt, folding his arms. Alvaro nodded. "Rubio Sanchez is a known accomplice of one Jeremy Jaffacake. He's bad news"
"He's a nice guy"
"Oh I'm sure his lovely" said Israel, in a way that made it seem like he's have preferred to spit into a bucket instead of talk, "but his writing and such... you keep an eye out for him. Him and Sue Dysos too"
"I'm going to bed" said Alvaro, shaking his head, almost angry that he'd just been accused of what amounted to treason by his boss.
"Better get some sleep" said Israel, "team have training at 7am"
"9am" said Alvaro, "and just light training"
"it just became 7. Goodnight, Alvaro"

Sondstead
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:37 pm

Please stop asking me to write clever subtitles. Please.

Sondsteadish Pop Culture · Sports in Sondstead · Technology · Weird Stuff · Visiting Sondstead

Again? Again. (30 June 2013)

Contributed by Ash Terry · You may remember when the Sondsteadish football team tied Karditan. And Wight. And the Royal Kingdom of Quebec. And now, yes, another 1–1 tie.

As before, Tomas Rum went with a 4-4-2 formation to start off with to hold off the offence-biased Quebecer team, and with the typical starting lineup. From the start, the Quebecer offence was strong and fast (not atypical for the team as far as I can tell). It was non-stop action in the first half, with the Quebecer team staying on the offensive the whole time, while the Sondsteadish defence held up. While neither team managed to score in the first half, it was none the less an exciting 45 minutes of footie.

No lineup change for the second half on Sondstead's part, and again it's a heated back and forth match. About fifteen minutes past halftime, the Quebecer side saw an opening, with midfielder Rene Bourassa passing to Quebecois striker Hong Chun Joo, who kicked a very fast shot. However, the shot was blocked by Edelwülfssünr. Opening blocked. It was clear the match would be going down to the wire.

It was only 69 minutes in that after some skillful playmaking from the Sondsteadish midfield, Jen Weäldrberg scored the first goal of the night. Briefly, Sondstead had been able to get the upper hand and go on the offensive themselvses, but soon the Quebecer "Grim Reapers" (no idea why they got that name) took the lead again, equalizing the score at 83 minutes with a shot from Riley Johnson.

All in all, an exciting match even though it was (another!) tie and not particularly high scoring!
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
Fartsniffage wrote:Poor analogy. A better one would be a high school american football team approaching a couple of kids quietly reading/writing during lunch hour, telling them to play with them and then stamping on their books/notepads if they refuse.

All with the teacher watching on from the sidelines nodding in approval.

Visit Sondstead at : IIWiki (related articles) : Embassy Program
Commerce : KMF Automobile : Nörditser Windstrand International Airport

Follow SRR Sondstead World – Your Window on Sondstead

Equestrian States
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Equestrian States » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:42 pm

1 - Introduction
2 - History

3 - Geography & Climate
4 - Travel
5 - Culture
6 - Politics & Government
7 - Canterlot
8 - Manehattan
9 - Stalliongrad
10 - Ponyville
11 - Everfree
12 - Cloudsdale
13 - Manechester
14 - Seaddle
15 - Trottawa

Introduction

The Pony Republic of Equestrian States is a diverse country inhabited by several dozen sapient species, each contributing to the nation's proud culture of tolerance and giving the Equestrian States a reputation of compassion and kindness. Tradition and innovation have combined well in this North Pony Lands nation, rapidly bringing it into the modern world after centuries of self-imposed isolation from the rest of the multiverse. This Lonely Multiverse travel guide is designed to be the ultimate companion for any tourist (regardless of his/her species) visiting the Equestrian States, and is loaded with every tip and bit of advice one needs to have an safe and enjoyable stay.

History

Originally colonized by sapient equines (more commonly known as ponies) from Magical Equestria approximately 2000 years ago, the Equestrian States was first established as a largely-autonomous overseas territory of the motherland. As a colony, the Equestrian States was fairly prosperous, developing a matriarchal society similar to that of Magical Equestria and several other Pony Lands nations. Several decades after the first ponies set hoof on the islands now part of the Equestrian States, however, the rise of a mysterious and chaotic entity known as Discord led to the government of the growing colony to adopt strict isolationist policies to avoid attracting the attention of Discord.

Several centuries later, the anarchic reign of Discord in the Pony Lands came to an end, though the Equestrian States remained firmly entrenched in its isolationist policies. Having formally declared its independence from Magical Equestria during the rule of Discord, the Equestrian States was reluctant to turn away from the policies which had allowed it to escape the turmoil faced by the rest of the region. Yet another cataclysmic event, just over a millennia ago, saw the known world embroiled in conflict with itself and the fledgling former colony sunk deeper into isolation for the next several centuries.

However, about 200 years ago, the isolation of the Equestrian States began to slowly erode with the growth of international maritime trade. Though it would take until just four decades ago for the remaining isolationist policies to be gradually overturned or made obsolete, foreigners began to take note of the Equestrian States and its northern location in the Pony Lands. What finally drove the ponies of the Equestrian States to abandon isolationism entirely was commerce, with the nation's location being perfect as a refueling and stopping point for ships traveling from outside the Pony Lands.

Active membership in the Coalition of Ponyist States (a military, economic, and political alliance famed for its quick, efficient, and merciless dealings with nations actively persecuting sapient equines and other non-humans) gave the Equestrian States reason to become heavily involved in international politics and trade. Within a decade, the Equestrians entered the modern era, utilizing magic in creative ways to avoid industrial pollution wherever possible and speed the nation's development.

Today, the Equestrian States is a magically-enhanced, advanced country that has successfully merged tradition and technology. With an economy dominated by tourism, agriculture, and the mining of precious minerals, the Equestrians have found their niche in the international community. Thanks to its location in the Pony Lands, the Equestrian States has become a travel hub for many traveling to the region from elsewhere, and the nation is easily among the more prosperous and safe for foreigners to visit.
Last edited by Equestrian States on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
83rd World Cup Champions
58th & 59th AOCAF Cup Champions
5x World Cup, 2x Cup of Harmony, 1x Baptism of Fire, 2x World Cup of Hockey, 3x World Baseball Classic, 1x World Bowl, 2x International Basketball Championship Host

Eura
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eura » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:42 pm

TOOL AND RUBBER - PART DEUX
The best thing in Rushmore since goose hunting

'Their names say a lot about their personalities. Rubber - soft and flexible. But sometimes too flexible. His partner seems to wear him like, well, a rubber on a 'tool'. Tool - errr...'

- Assessment of the performance of pairing BB-593, R. RUBBER and H. TOOL, by the Commissioner for the Department of Justice's Personnel Assessment Panel, the Rt. Hon. Hugh Jarse, MP (Cap) for Little Prattingdon.

Tool and Rubber were on the road, cruising along in an open top two seater with a V8 purring beneath the bonnet. They were in a top secret location somewhere in Rushmore...the city of Helving. In the southern district.

Just off the M190. I'm pretty sure I saw a post office.

This little splash of motherland blue on the south coast of Falcus was the site of Operation Alimode, a top secret investigation into activities at the pharmaceutical giant EurChem. Rubber was driving, but rather than go over the relevant files of the investigation once again, Tool was reading a two day old copy of the Directus Post. 'God, it's all bollocks isn't it...what's all this nonsense about "HappyHoods?" Sounds a bit red for my liking.'
'You mean the project in the rougher areas of the city to unite very diverse communities under the banner of progress, and a common identity?'
'If by "diverse" you mean deviant and if by "common identity" you mean annexation, yes.'
'Don't be an arsehole. What papers do you read anyway?'
'Why, the Pale of course. The Deeply Pale are the only people in our country who know how its going to the dogs, it's about time we spoke out-'
'Oh shut up, Hardy. No-one wants to hear your "I'm not racist but" spiel. The only cock we've had to put up with from foreigners recently is the usual Sameban sabre rattling and foreign sport journalists. Mind you, they set that arse Clint Covey straight at least.'
'Let's be honest, he looks like a pug.'
'Isn't that a bit kind?'
'Tumour?'
'Not doing it for me.'
'Foreign?'
'Not that again. Anyway, look, this is our exit.'

Over the crest of a small hill, one could see a rather bizarre sight. On this outskirt of Helving, population approximately one million, there was a strange break in the miles of suburbs. A mile of largely unused wasteland, used only by a train line and a building that was rather familiar to Tool and Rubber. It was the operating station they had been sent to investigate just days before. It didn't look like a top secret government facility in any capacity. Three stories, red bricks and a flat roof, with boarded up windows and a high security gate locked shut - not to mention that it was mostly burnt out. They parked right outside the front, under the watchful eyes of a likely disabled CCTV camera. Rubber was not impressed. 'Well how the hell are we going to get in here? It's locked shut. That padlock is bloody huge!' A powerful kick and a smash later, Tool motioned to Rubber to enter the compound. 'If that was locked, I wouldn't be able to volley the gate open. Looks like someone either forgot to lock this, or someone has been inside.'
'Falconian protesters might have broken in here. They give our embassy in Falcus enough problems.'
'Maybe it's not the greasers this time. Whatever it is, this seems strange. Here, take this.' To Rubber's great surprise, Tool pulled out two standard issue handguns from his backpack. 'Mate, Doyley said no guns!'
'If we get jumped by commies or the homeless, I want to know that before they can touch me, I can make a few of their kids orphans first. Or in the case of the homeless, relieve the burden on soup kitchens.'
'That's a curious way of saying you want to be able to defend yourself.' They moved towards the front door, opening it at the first attempt - this one was unlocked too. The reception smelled of charred paperwork and the sweat of nervous interns, hanging over from the days before the closure and the fire. Rubber already had his plan worked out. 'Let's split up; I'll go see what's up in the IT hub. You search around for any evidence of activity down here other than combustion...and try not to break anything.'
'But this place is already a charred hulk!'
'Yeah but knowing you, you'll probably find a way to get your cock stuck in something.'
'I told you once before, he didn't look like a bloke when we got home!'
'Whatever you say, "Big Boy". Let's move.'

'Nothing! There's NOTHING here!' The sky was pitch black, and the interior of this crispy office space had been occupied by the Euran equivalent of two mall cops running a drugs bust for five hours. Tool had become visibly frustrated. 'Well, this was a waste of our fucking time. This place is about as useful as Kelly Sporadic at an awards ceremony for sports journalists.'
'I found nothing in the server room.' Rubber held up a half blackened pin up calender. 'Apart from this, presumably the material required for some sad bastard in IT to whack one off every afternoon.'
'What do we do then?'
'Well, I guess we should report back to Doyley. There's nothing of interest here so we'll have to go talk to the old station chief. We should've talked to him first, to be honest.'
'That Robins bloke?'
'Yes. If we can't get anything from him, we'll just have to say it's a dead end. After all, there is nothing - and no-one here.'

Crunch.

Tool slowly raised his sidearm. 'Don't be so sure.' They were on the second level, and the sound had clearly come from above them.
'Could just be an animal. Urban fox or something. There's no lifts and the stairs collapsed.'
'You think these pinko sonsa'bitches need stairs to climb two stories? With pure, unadulterated savage evil flowing through them, they'll do anything to get to the top!'
'They're not magic, Tool. Seriously, it might just be a rat. Ignore it.'
'I wouldn't ignore me if I were you.' By the time Tool had turned around with his gun raised, the man above was already dropping down onto Tool, slamming the pistol out of his hand and pinning him to the floor. He raised his own gun, a little SMG, aiming at Rubber. 'Craig Daniel. SIA. Who the fuck are you?' Daniel looked suave and assured, and that had been one badass way to enter the room - if you could call it a room, what with the hole in the roof. But he had underestimated the physique of Tool, who suddenly kicked out his legs and pinned him down.
'We are the law, bitch. Who the fuck are you?'
Last edited by Eura on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
United Federation of Eura - Sporting achievements
Champions: WC66, WC73, CR23, CR27, CR34, CoH 85, Market Cup I, Next Generation Trophy, Gold Medal (Mens Football) Olympics IX
Runner up: WC60, WC72, WC78, CR16, CR20, CR32, CR44, CoH51, COH79
Host: CR24, CR37, BoF60, CR Under 21's and Under 17's

Aels
Envoy

Founded: Dec 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aels » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:44 pm

THE BLITZ — The Report's smaller sibling
Huw Price in Drayfill
Goalfest hides defensive troubles

Aels 4
Zwangzug 4

SO THE run continues. Aels are now four matches unbeaten on the trot, with one win and three draws against the second through fifth seeds of the group. A second consecutive high-scoring draw, however, has only taken the attention away from an untested defence finding out how difficult it is to play internationally.

With the exception of Iwan Maddox, who has a Cygnus Cup under his belt captaining Pentref-ar-y-Bae, the remainder of the back four is getting its first real taste of international football, and it has shown against Krytenia and Zwangzug. Everyone knew about Aels' attacking prowess before the World Cup qualifiers started. The seven goals scored in two games haven't exactly been a surprise.

But the seven goals against, and the way in which they were conceded, will be more of a troubling cause for concern for the coaching staff. Assistant coach Cameron Walsh has been tasked to see to it with Maddox's help; the other centre-half in the back four is the latter's club teammate, and Walsh's young Pentref charge, Owen Griffiths.

Griffiths looked far from at ease against Zwangzug, conceding the penalty that put the visitors up 3–2. Luckily for him, captain Elwyn Richard cancelled it out shortly after.

Also of interest to the watching fans and media was the introduction in the 60th minute of Gethin Evans, but not for Marc Powell as many have come to expect. Indeed, Evans set up Powell for Aels' fourth and final equaliser after the former came on to replace second goalscorer Aled Jones. Perhaps Sergyei Arefev has finally taken the view that if Evans struggles playing with three more experienced fellow midfielders, he might do better linking up with the equally-inexperienced Powell.

All this is set up for a home tie against the bottom-of-the-table IOM Sports Association, which Aels will be expected to win comfortably. Whether the defence holds up, though, remains to be seen.
Main nation: Liventia

Falconwhereveryouare
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Falconwhereveryouare » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:51 pm

The Eagle's Eye
Because the Internet is scary.
SPORTS
All Smilies

By Otis Birmingham

In a thriller of a game in Schmiegelland, the Falcons were able to right their ship after a five-game stretch where only one point was gained. After they stopped the bleeding (a four-game losing streak) by keeping Razmakistan from totally upsetting them on the last day of the first half of qualifiers, they came out of the gate firing in Schmiegelland. Where in Schmiegelland? I have no idea. The Schmiegellian FA refused (as part of a disturbingly large trend among newer nations) to reveal the location of their national stadium to the wider public, so I had to once again tailgate the team bus to get to find the match.

Once I found my seat, however, I was in for quite a treat. Ninety minutes of end-to-end play would ensue, with Chris Lockwood and Jannis Kjaer get a lot of work between the posts. Søren Broðbeck was marauding behind the Falconian midfield all day, constantly peppering the box with strong challenges, eventually having one shot poke through to open the scoring in the twentieth minute, after he drew the coverage of Yvonne Gyuappo rather than Atticus Koenigsted. The slower Gyuappo wasn't able to keep pace and Broðbeck made the shot pretty much unopposed, a hard, low shot that Lockwood just couldn't get to.

On the other side, Zdenko Aleshire was busy proving why he had been given the starting spot initially. While Broðbeck was carrying the Schmiegellian team on his back, Aleshire had some very skilled support from the midfield. The classic three-pronged attack was causing all sort of havoc with the Schmiegellian defence, with Aleshire bashing in through the front door while José Abelló and Stanislava Hertz constantly harried the flanks. And when Edwardo Baez got in on the fun? Forget about it. The veteran often had the back line on the wrong foot, finding open passing lanes on almost every drive and setting up some great chances. After Kjaer made some pretty impressive saves to rob Aleshire of a few well-deserved goals, around the fortieth minute, Kjaer made another great save. But this time, the ball rebounded back into play. Abelló stormed in from the flank and slid just in front of Kjina Tery, tipping the ball back over the line to tie up the match.

On the next kickoff, Broðbeck made it clear he wanted the lead before halftime. He and Gajka Jahgv got a good back-and-forth passing rhythm going, advancing upfield quickly while managing to avoid the Falconian boots. Of course, by themselves, they weren't able to get anywhere near the box--but they got within 'reasonable' shooting distance, and Broðbeck slammed the ball well enough to warrant Lockwood leaping just to make sure the ball went over the net. {To be finished}
Last edited by Falconwhereveryouare on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pasarga
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasarga » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:53 pm

Are you all freaks like me and waiting for the cutoff?
MD11
Last edited by Pasarga on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:56 pm

"So we lost again."

"Yep, we really are faltering this qualifying."

"How did we lose to Friday Freshman, those were their first points."

"Yeah horrible game that, then they go and lose to Sargossa and now we are four points out of the top place, looks like playoffs is our only hope now."

"Yeah, bad bit of luck lately. Now four points out, this shit is getting really."

"We have to turn it around, can't fail to qualify. Just join the long list of teams so high ranked to fail to qualify."

"Yeah, horrible list to join. Though it has bunch of really nice, very good teams historically on it."

"Yeah, huge failure on our part."

"We suck at this whole being a topside thing."

"So have we a chance to turn it around."

"I doubt it, knowing us we will now lose to Armed Bears and then fall out of even a playoff game."

"Yeah, we are historically idiotic in our inability to score."

"So sad."

"Oh well i guess we can only go on."
Last edited by Taeshan on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:20 pm

OOC: I'll be doing 2-part diary entries of a Quebecois player, Adrian Van Zanten. It will be about his reflection over halfway through this World Cup qualifier, as well as things with his crush. Just for mentioning, Adrian's things with crush are 95% based on a real story between me and my crush in RL, though tiny things have been modified to fit the IC setting for my character. This is the second part of the story.
Part 1.

6/30/2017

Dear Diary,

So, I would like to continue my story of what happened with Joanna.

After the exams, I only saw her once. That was about 2 Mondays ago, at the very exam review day(me and 2 fellow high-school players were specially granted by Coach Kim). Unfortunately, she was with her friends the most of the time, so I was unable to do so. As you have already known, I am slightly nervous and worried about what do Joanna's friends think of me. You may not get it, but for high school students, friends and their opinions indeed comprise an important part in their lives. Not to mention that asking her out in front of her friends would have been seen by her and them as pushy and slightly forcing, which can lead her to refuse. I did not want that! So, I retreated.

I texted her the very next morning, just as I woke up on Airsoft Hotel at St.John's. The content of the message was whether we could hang out(for using the word date can lead to much negative reaction) on the offday back in Petawawa. Unfortunately, It did not go the way it was supposed to go. About 2 hours later, She texted back 'I'm going up North', meaning that she is off to some cottage or Summer break things for July, followed by this really long Canoe Trip with some outdoor organisation quite far away from Peta. I was very upset. After all, I wanted to see her and actually hang out for once(I asked 3 times before, all of which she was unable to go due to many reasons you already know). Now, I have to wait until school's back!

What's the point of life if I can't enjoy a little time alone with my crush? Seriously. I have almost everything I am able to get at this age: Playing for Grim Reapers as its youngest player, owning 25% share in Petawawa Generals and 4% in Quebecom, and to gain 94 average. But deep inside, the pain of my inability to be closer with her, has been gripping me for months. And I'm starting to get exhausted.

I don't care if she doesn't reply the same way or not. If I could only spend time with her, that would do for me.

Sincerely,

Adrian
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Gaveo
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:22 pm

"So Gaveo tied."

"Score?"

"4-4."

"Against?"

"Does guys we lost 3-5."

"Oh yeah those guys, who scored?"

"Cadiz and Rojas. Two each."

"Who do we face?"

"Why do ask all the questions?"

"Yes."

Facepalm.
Bruh.

New Montreal States
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Montreal States » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:24 pm

submitted after cutoff; deleted for that reason
Last edited by New Montreal States on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
WBC 26 champions!
4th place finishers, World Cup 11; 2nd place finishers World Cup 31; Cup of Harmony 53 winners
Co-hosts of World Cup 28 and Cup of Harmony 16 with The Archregimancy; co-hosts of World Cup 64 and Cup of Harmony 54 with Wight; co-hosts of Cup of Harmony 50 with Vilita

Jeruselem
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:37 pm

Princess Katy's Blog 01/07/2013

Hello everyone. Well, Mytannion came to Dazza Dallas Stadium. The team leading Group 6 had a great chance show Jeruselem who was boss in Group 6 but it is Dazza Dallas Stadium. The Land of Princesses, and they took on the Princesses although they are no Princesses in the playing team at the moment strangely. A big game for all concerned. Well, the Princesses delivered we WON 5-2.

It's weird, we had a streak of losses and draws. And suddenly it's raining goals. Yes, 5 goals against a quality team like Mytannion. The stadium was full of local supporters and the team showed the Princesses were far from finished. A fantantic game from our team and we're back in the boat race. Back in the top 2 in Group 6. It's tight but we're not giving up now.

The boys in Jeru FC went to Eura for a must win and went off with a loss 3-1. I mean the boys should be scoring lots of goals but just 1 and then concede 3 on the day. 18 goals conceded in 11 games for Jeru FC isn't bad but scoring only 27 isn't good enough for a offensive minded team. Jeruselem have 29 goals, that's good for Jeruselem. 13 conceded for Jeruselem compared to 18. Who's the higher ranked team?

Is it lack of skill? No, the boys have skill. Just sheer laziness I think. You can't have half be there. You have to put in 100% for a World Cup football game. It must be frustating dealing with a team of 18 year olds. You tell them something, and they do something else. My sister works hard. But I guess you can only do so much with a bunch is disfunctional kids.

Jeru FC are now like 9 points behind the leader in Group 13. Let's hope they can get to playoff spot I don't see them taking top spot or 2nd spot now. Jeruselem are in a good place for a team expected to struggle.

I'm planning a new cooking show next year. I have no idea what to call it. So please write in for ideas. Do keep it clean as teens will be watching too. I've had suggestions like "Kat in the kitchin" and "Nudie Cook". I can't use stuff like "Cucumber loving" ... yes, that came from jeru FC. Please help.

Got a new photoshoot coming up soon. Stay tuned folks
Last edited by Jeruselem on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

Antoletia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Antoletia » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:48 pm

"Woo we are back in huge 4-2 victory over Qatarus on the road. Especially after that sad tie in game one at home."

"Yeah, impressive performance. Hiarchratez is still on fire, two more goals. What a qualifying campaign for him."

""Nice piece of work from Clyde Dickens off the bench. A brilliant goal from him as well, and a nice assist on the play from Cristian Kafka."

"Yeah this might be the most depth an Antoletia squad has had in a few years."

"Yeah, probably 18 players at least that can play top minutes, play very well and perform to a very high ability."

"very exciting play from some young guns, and the older ones."

"Really excited to see how this team finishes off. Overall they look good, but they always tend to fade in the second half. They might have a chance to get into the playoffs this time around."

"As long as they don't lose to badly to The Sylvaneas in a week and a half. That could really put a cooldown to our hotness."

"Yeah, we really need to work to get an ok result against them."

"Well we can only hope."
World Cup Qualifications - World Cup 58, World Cup 66, World Cup 67, World Cup 69 (Quarter-Finals)

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:01 pm

Qazian Memorial Stadium, Qazox City-

That could've gone a hell of a lot worse. Leading 3-1 with 20 minutes left, a red card to Seth Toffler in the 74th minute allowed Valladares a one-man advantage. The visitors used that advantage, scoring twice to end up with a 3-3 draw. Qazox' lead is now 1 point over Estope. Qazox heads back on the road to face Schalafania.

GOALS:
McLaren- 23'
Pedrinho- 38'
Hilton- 54'
Schumer- 70'
Pedrinho- 78'
Reyes- 82'
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Jeru FC
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeru FC » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:23 pm

Jeru FC coach Princess Melody and her assisant Captain Israel Goldstein

Melody: I'm so frustated ...
Israel: Well, don't blame me. I didn't choose this lot either.
Melody: Where do they come from?
Israel: The army is sort out the rubbish from the gold you know
Melody: So they aren't the gold
Israel: Just the fools gold ...

Melody: it's so hard to motivate them
israel: They are more motivated that normal
Melody: You mean they do less work than now?
Israel: Yes, you're lucky to get more than 50% of this lot
Melody: Well, since we're short on funds ... bribery isn't going to happen
Israel: Bribery will work but it's not an option

Melody: we can't even afford cheerleaders
Israel: Cheerleaders cost money
Melody: I get the impression someone needs an excuse to not have a team
Israel: It would have some money
Melody: But full stadiums bring in money, if we had a winning team this would happen
Israel: I just work for the army, I do what I'm told

Melody: I don't do this job for fun either
Israel: Why then?
Melody: Because I want to make a difference but I'm getting very little help
Israel: The boys have to wake up some time
Melody: They are either drugged or asleep mentally
Israel: Don't stress, last thing you need with a baby on board

Melody: You got kids?
Israel: Yeah, some boys. Naturally they'll be in the army too.
Melody: Nothing like this lot?
Israel: Yes, they are real army material
Melody: What did I get?
Israel: The coffee grinds on the factory floor

Melody: Maybe I should join Pondy in Kintaria
Israel: Yes well, they seem to be a lot happier
Melody: I'd rather be training a team of teenage girls. I can handle girls
Israel: Well, I couldn't. I'd worry far too much abou them
Melody: Girls can take of themselves ... well, most of the time
Israel: Too much meladramatics for me with girls

Melody: I know what you mean, I used to be like that
Israel: You turned out alright
Melody: Dunno, I'm still a meladramatic
Israel: But you've grown up
Melody: Not sure about that either
Israel: Don't stress.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:51 pm

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9

"You ready to go?" Tilao asked from behind.

"Ready as I'll be."

Klaus took the hand of the small child next to him, looked down and smiled. This kid probably was either disabled or had rich parents, or both. He didn't care. It was his first game in the World Cup, in Mizuyuki. He took a deep breath and walked forward, slowly, in beat with the drums in the crowd.

As he emerged from the tunnel, he set his sights on the stadium. It wasn't particularly large, but the fans... They were almost one body. Coordinated, with giant flags and FUCKING WHITE ASSHOLE!!!

Klaus turned to see the heckler. It was an obese man about 5 rows up, holding onto a rather prodigious beer as he yelled. He stared back at Klaus, narrowing his eyes. Klaus looked back to the pitch, shaken. They were now almost lining up for the national anthems.

After everyone was lined up, the PA blared in Mizuyuki's national language first, then went to English, "Ladies and gentlemen, the national anthem of the Republic of Maklohi Vai."

As Klaus heard the first strains of the chanting in the song, he started to tear up. A drop, then a leak, then a small, consistent stream. He was overcome with emotion. Why, he did not know. He would be representing his country. No, he wasn't representing. He was Maklohi Vai. He was its presence, he was... that soul.

He looked over at a couple other players. Most seemed emotional, but nearly no one else was crying. Maybe it was a newbie thing, Klaus wondered. As the anthem finished, Klaus moved his hands to wipe his face and get settled. Next to him, Tilao leaned over. "It's ok. First time is always like this." Klaus nodded back in thanks.

Then, the kids ran off, the refs got into position, and all of a sudden it was game time. No more was this a dream, this was a reality. The grass, the ball, the opponent, it was all real.

Klaus took the pass at about 30 seconds in and immediately dished it off. His first touch, the sense of purpose he felt. He was no longer another 20 year old man. He was the only 20 year old to be on the national team. He was now no longer another face. He was Klaus.

No more were the long days of hope, no more were the long days of want and wonder. There was life now, there was real football. No more despair after a bad streak, no more self loathing or doubting why you were even there in the first place. The life of a prospect was over. The life of a player had begun.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:51 pm

Telleursville, GE ctn, NE 25 June 2013

I stopped writing in this for a while, so I'm going to try to catch up and do a quick recap of everything that's happened. I feel kinda weird and I'm really looking forward to these couple weeks being over. Even if the Goats advanced, I would just want to go home and see Mom. I miss her. I miss Ludenthal and home.
We went back to the capital after the Phing Phong game. We played Mr. Creeper in the Capital Center, or I guess the Goats did. It was a really high scoring game. I don't remember the Creeper players that scored, but for us, Columbano, Hausenbech and Vuson each had one goal, with Paseult scoring two. There were a lot of benchers in this time, as the Coach wanted to give them practice and the easy match against this weird named team seemed like the best time to do it. They got two goals on us. Like I said, I don't know who they were.
I remember the night before the match, I had a nightmare of being smothered by a big boobie. Dad rescued me by taking the pillows off my face, I guess.
Your goofus,
Manny

Archregimancy 26 June 2013

We flew on to the Archregimancy.
The next match we got beaten bloody, as Dad would say. We almost weren't let in. These monks are weird and don't like, well, anybody. It was played at the Troitse-Sergiyeva Monastery. Very weird time. I was glad to get out of there, and so were the Goats. We got two goals, but no one knows how. Those monks could play, man. They got 7 goals on us. 7! Siebech and Brenz got a little revenge for us at the 34th' and 68th', but it was pretty bad besides that. Plus, they're just really scary. Glad to be out of the country, even though it was cool to see something like that I'll never see again. I could tell we all breathed easier on the plane, including Dad.

Burgunden, ZU ctn, NE 27 June 2013

We got to go to the Dome, which is probably one of the biggest stadiums in the Confederacy. The Goats will get to stay for two match days here. First they play United Gordonopia and then Khytenna. The match against United Gordonopia went accorzu, they say OK in other countries. Well, we didn't lose by much at least, they got one goal and we just couldn't get any. Siebech, Manion and Vuson all took a bunch of shots, but nuthin'. We went to the original Burgunden BreuPub and had a good time afterwards, but Dad drank a bit much. He said it was OK, cuz they don't even play tomorrow. Minister Toft made sure I got to the hotel room all right. The Goats get a mid-qualifiers break. We don't have to get up early, at least. Dad is going to catch up on paperwork and go get some work done in the NEFA offices. The Tofts will be bringing me around Burgunden and showing me all the sights. Should be pretty neat, because it's really their city. There's 14 Million people in the city. That's huuuge!

Burgunden, ZU ctn, NE 28 June 2013

BEST DAY EVER! Dad is fun, but he couldn't afford to take me to the places that the Tofts did. Wow! Just, wow! Cool stuff. The Breuerie, the Brawlers RFC, the building tour, so many awesome places. Dad wasn't upset and actually smiled, telling me that he was glad I got to see all that. I guess he had a rough day at the offices and trying to file some paperwork, but he was taking it really well. He didn't do anything wrong, but NEFA in general is just in bad shape right now with the Goats losing so bad. Oh well. We get to watch the Khytenna match tomorrow.

Buonachi!
Manny.

Burgunden, ZU ctn, NE 29 June 2013

The Goats faced Khytenna today. Once again, we tied. Siebech took a yellow card and so did Grazzani. If it wasn't for Gaston Labrecq's goal late in the last half at the 76' mark, we could've lost this. Dad took it easy and was pretty quiet. I asked him if we might qualify and he kind of laughed and shook his head. Minister Toft didn't say anything at all. We flew to New Sideburn for the next match at Farham Arena in Sabrefell. I'm starting to not care so much about looking at all the different people, because they're all starting to look the same to me.
So, enough of Burgunden.
See you in NS.
Manny

Sabrefell, New Sideburn 30 June 2013

We lost again to New Sideburn's Cormorants. Again by just one stinkin' point. The score was higher this time, they beat us by three, even though Vuson and Brenz both got goals in their net early on. They came back pretty hardcore. I got sick eating ice cream, so I didn't see the scorers for the Cormorants. I'm not sure who's next, but I think we're just not going to do very well. Mom is going to drive to see me again tomorrow, because the Goats will be playing Backyard Sports in Schwartzgarten at the Omholt Center, which isn't too far from Ludenthal. I will be glad to see her. Maybe I can go home with her, because I don't think I want to travel anymore, even though the team is really cool. I'm scared to tell Dad that, though.
More later.
Manny
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:14 pm

JEROUS MANALO'S PRESS CONFERENCE (Or should I say, monologue?)
ST. PETRUS, SAINTLAND

"Our shot at the World Cup is slowly diminishing. After a good run towards the end of the first round of qualifying, We were struck by a lightning of epic proportions: a home loss. We have never experienced a home loss, so losing at the El Dictator (Estadio Ferdinand Marcos) is something stinging, Especially when we have 7 matches left after another draw at Saintland. They were a side in form, winning their last four matches and they have not lost at home either. Looks like Prince Andreas and company would be grinning now that their group rivals, namely Jedi8246 and Wight won their games, while his double was not enough to beat our resilient side."

"Hats off to John and Adrian for the Sangtian fightback. The first half was all Sanctii, not Sangti, well, the second half was the opposite. We finally countered their attacks and caught them off-guard with those goals. We tried to find the winning goal, but the score stood. Great game by the lads."

"Thanks for Saintland for a match that I may never forget."

Saintland 2-2 Sangti
SNT: Prince Andreas (1', 18')
SGT: Utanes (49'), Magcaleng (64')

SPORTS VENUES

ESTADIO DE LOS INVERSORES CHINOS INFORMATION
Nickname: El Chino
Year Built: 1996
Capacity: 35,000
Is Expandable: Yes
Owner: Racing Xinghua Baoyam
Tenants: Racing Xinghua Baoyam
First World Cup match: WC65 Qualifiers, against Sondstead

One of the modern stadiums in Northern Sangti, El Chino, as known in the Cantones community, is one of the holders of the rights to host a Sangti National team match. The amenities here are adequate, less glamorous than the hospitality treatment at El Dictator, but the watching atmosphere here is much more ecstatic than other footballing venues, particularly the stadium in their regional rival Jocolim. Two Chinese companies there, the Xinghua Industries and the Shenghui Conglomerate are the most influential in the Cantones region.

The stadium features electronic adboards and scoreboards, plus one giant video inside the stadium and one outside, for viewing pleasure of the people who drive through Calle Xinghua. The pitch is currently natural and is maintained once a month, but administrators at Racing are planning to convert the playing field into artificial grass.

There are three main stands and a one underdeveloped stand for away fans to watch. The main stand is named the Xinghua Industries Stand (c 13000) containing seats, VIP areas and executive rooms. The opposite stand is named the Lito Supnet Stand, named after the great Lito Supnet (He is currently a football pundit at TiViSangti (c. 10000). The two opposite stands at 6000 seats each are the Los Blancos Stand and the X Brand Stand. The Los Blancos stand is the more developed of the two, as home fans are sitting there, while the X Brand Stand is underdeveloped, due to the infrequent renovations of sporting goods company X Brand.

Since 1996, El Chino has hosted Racing's matches. Recently, the future of the stadium is in doubt, as the oil rich club plans to build a new stadium just south of El Chino. It is rumored that one RXB completes its move to the new stadium, local friendly rivals Real Baoyam will likely move in to the stadium.

Nuevo Campamento >>
Last edited by Sangti on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

United Gordonopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:50 am

[align=center]The Beautiful Game: A History of Football in Gordonopia
By Dr. Frank Donaugh, Imperial University

Chapter IX - Triumphs and Trials/align]

The greatest success of the NGFL was to bring football into the national consciousness as a truly organized sport. A major precedent was established by the league's season, somewhat out of sync with much of the world. The season began in early summer, running through the fall and then finishing in the winter. This proved to be hugely advantageous in allowing the league to flourish in the shadow of running. The traditional track-and-field season ended in the late spring, and no running season picked up again until fall with cross country. This gave the start of the NGFL season the full attention of media outlets, at the time newspapers and early radio broadcasts, as there was no other sport with an established league. Though the middle of the season overlapped with cross country, losing much attention, the exciting final weeks and the playoff at the end were perfectly timed to avoid running. At the time, the indoor track season was not established, thus winter was primarily a training season for athletes.

All of this resulted in substantial early growth and attention for the budding young league. Though mid-season matches did suffer in terms of attendance, the bookends of the season were widely followed by Gordonopians interested in finally having a sport to follow during running's lull. The league also benefitted from early innovative use of radio broadcasts. A number of middle-class people who had never been significantly exposed to the sport were drawn in as they began purchasing radios; a major status symbol at the time. Running, particularly cross country and other long distance races, proved to be far less conducive to the format than football matches, giving the sport its first true victory over the Gordonopian pastime.

By 1932, the league had become a success, with every team now playing in a football-specific stadium ranging from 35,000 to 50,000 seats, and many teams consistently selling out and drawing large radio followings. It was that year, though, that the first major misstep in the growth of the sport would occur.

1932 was the year when the Great Depression truly hit Gordonopia, and with it came mass unemployment and dramatically reduced incomes. During times of hardship, many people turn to entertainment such as film and sport for a distraction from the tribulations of everyday life. Unfortunately, the NGFL failed to capitalize on this.

The league itself was organized as a confederation in which each team was subject to the same operating rules passed by the governing board. During the early years of the Depression, the board failed to allow clubs to take measures to cope with the decrease in their fanbase's incomes, such as opening large standing room sections and decrease ticket prices. To make things worse, the growth of radio ground to a halt as few people had money to purchase them, and in fact the market itself shrank as many were unable to repair them or sometimes even afford the electricity to run them.

At the time and today, many running events were easily accessible to the public. A number of the most popular running events are trail or road runs, including big city marathons, that require no paid tickets for most of the course. Likewise, many running clubs charged little or no fee for stadium entry. The result of this was that running's place in Gordonopia was greatly strengthened as it became a free outlet for enjoyment.

Meanwhile, the NGFL and many smaller leagues which followed its lead, suffered tremendously. With fewer people able to afford tickets, attendance at eight of the league's teams was cut in half or more by 1940, and many clubs in the NGFL and other leagues were facing bankruptcy.

Without a major shakeup, football in Gordonopia would be nipped at the bud.
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports