NATION

PASSWORD

[OOC/INTEREST] MHA: Next Generation (Superhero, Comedy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

[OOC/INTEREST] MHA: Next Generation (Superhero, Comedy)

Postby Gurori » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:49 pm

My Hero Academia
Next Generation

IC Thread
Introduction

This takes place around 30-35 years after the retirement of All Might. As expected, the Pro Hero known as "Deku" has succeeded him as the "Symbol of Peace", holding the Number One Hero spot as well. Of course, this doesn't mean the entire world is at peace. When old villains are taken down, they are simply replaced by new villains, the same can be said for heroes as well, it's a nigh-eternal cycle.

The story begins after the UA Entrance exam, so our student characters are experiencing their first day. This roleplay is a reboot of another and I hope it does better than the old one.
Rules

• Godmodding, Meta-gaming, all that fluff isn't allowed.
  • Keep it PG-13. NSFW Roleplay is not allowed on NationStates, not even in telegrams.
  • Try to keep flame wars to an absolute minimum, to which I mean don't start them at all, please.
  • Creativity is welcome and appreciated, I expect the majority of the Quirks seen in this roleplay to be custom anyways (ask for permission to use hybrid quirks e.g half hot half cold).
  • If you want a Quirk seen in the source material though, it'd make most sense that your character is descended from it's original user, so ask permission! (Note: Nobody is allowed to use One for All or All for One.)
  • Even animals can have Quirks, though that's an incredibly rare phenomenon. So yes, you CAN roleplay as an animal with a Quirk.
  • Minimum 3 lines for roleplay posts, please!
  • Keep OOC to OOC Thread, IC to IC thread.
  • Have fun! I'm not joking, fun is MANDATORY.
Application Form

Code: Select all
[b][u]MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION[/u][/b]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (Should be around 15 or so if they're a student doing the entrance exam)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b] (Optional)
[b]Blood Type:[/b] (Mandatory, the show likes to show them between breaks so...)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Description and/or image. If using an image, just put the link, DON'T PUT IT BETWEEN IMAGE TAGS!!!)

[b]Bio:[/b] (At minimum 3 lines.)

[b]Occupation:[/b] (Civilian/Pro Hero/UA Teacher/UA Student/Villain)

[b]Quirk Name:[/b]

[b]Quirk Description:[/b] (If it's a source material quirk, just put a link to it's MHA wiki page).

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Gurori on Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:41 am, edited 6 times in total.
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:51 pm

Additional Info

Izuku "Deku" Midoriya

Wasn't it obvious? After graduating from UA High School, Izuku ultimately became the new Symbol of Peace. He is now someone which many aspire to become; he became what All Might was to him. Izuku is a part-time teacher at UA High School because balancing hero work and teaching is much harder than it looks.

Momo "Creati" Yaoyorozu

After graduating from UA, Momo became a Pro Hero and a teacher at UA High School. Her students are among those with the highest grades in UA, a testament to her teaching ability.

Shota "Eraserhead" Aizawa

Surprisingly, he is still the teacher of Class 1A despite being over 60 years old. While his physical abilities have declined to a degree, his Quirk is still quite potent... When his dry eye isn't hindering it. While he is still a pro hero, he does not often face villains, probably due to his age.
Last edited by Gurori on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:54 am

I AM HERE

EDIT: Also first tag btw thats pretty cool.

EDIT 2: And since the app appears to be the same, here you go:
MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION

Name: Emi Takizumi
Sexuality: Bisexual
Blood Type: O positive
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f5/57/bd ... fbd36c.png
5’7, brown hair, blue eyes, 143 lbs

Bio: The older of the Takizumi twins (born approximately 29 seconds before her brother, Hirohiko), Emi was also quite unique in appearance, compared to the rest of her family. She has bright blue eyes, while the rest of her family has brown. While she was the first to be born, her quirk manifested after her brothers, with Hirohikos manifesting at age 4, and hers emerging at age 5. The disparity in the twin siblings quirks was quite noticeable, as they were complete opposites. Emi could form objects from her wave energy, shape everything from a tiny snowflake to an intricate crystalline structure. However, Hirohiko could only direct his Wave energy to create destructive force. The twins inherited the combined aspects of their quirk from their father, a pro hero named Purple Light (who’s quirk is to produce beams of purple light hot enough to cut steel), and their mother, a pro hero named .

Quirk Name: Wave energy-Creation

Quirk Description: Creation type Wave energy is a purple form of light energy which can be used to form solid objects. Emu uses her ability to form temporary weapons, such as swords, guns, shields, etc. which fade off after about 1-2 minutes of use. She creates this energy by sacrificing her own thermal energy to convert it into light, which can be manifested in its Wave form. Projectile weapons take more thermal energy as more has to be sacrificed to produce ammunition for the weapon. If she expends too much energy, her body temperature will drop drastically, a symptom that can be fatal if her temp drops too much. In the event of extreme body temperature drops, she must stop creating wave energy and do something physical to raise her body temperature, or consume a hot food or drink of some sort.

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)

MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION

Name: Hirohiko Takizumi
Sexuality: Homosexual
Blood Type: AB positive
Appearance: https://s7.favim.com/orig/150827/brown- ... 189804.jpg
5’9, brown hair, brown eyes, 147 lbs

Bio: The younger of the Takizumi Twins, Hirohiko was always the more extroverted of the two. Fun loving and rambunctious, but a good kid with a good heart. When his quirk first manifested, he attempted to hide it, as while he is rambunctious, he also dislikes violence and destruction.when his sister applied for the U.A. Hero course, Hirohiko reluctantly followed in order to protect his sister, and make sure she didn’t get herself hurt doing something dangerous while heroing. During their first year at U.A., the two siblings earned their nicknames (later to become hero names) Purple Wave and Violet Rose (Hirohiko was actually Violet Rose), as well as the name they are commonly referred to as, the Takizumi Twins.

Quirk Name: Wave energy-Destruction

Quirk Description: Destruction type wave energy is the exact opposite of creation type. Destruction type releases pulses of pure light energy, produced through the same therm-light conversion method. Hirohiko can charge his hands with the Wave energy and use it to enhance his punches, or send out projectiles of the energy that cause a moderate amount of damage, being able to make a dent in 5 inch thick steel. Destruction type Wave also bears the same repercussions of use as creation type.
#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)

MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION

Name: Makoto Takizumi
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/ed/10/d4/ed10 ... -anime.jpg
(Yes, that pic is straight up Light Yagami.)
Bio: (At minimum 3 lines.)

Quirk Name: Indigo Flare

Quirk Description: Unlike his twin brother an sister, Makoto did not inherit his mother’s mass manipulation quirk, and only inherited his fathers Indigo Light, a white hot purple energy capable of cutting through solid steel. Bears the same repercussions as Wave Energy.

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)

MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION

Name: Kiyoshi Shimizu
Sexuality: Homosexual
Blood Type: A negative
Appearance: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C09gj4pUcAAepzK.jpg

Bio: (At minimum 3 lines.)

Quirk Name: Crystallokinesis

Quirk Description: By using skin cells, Kiyoshi can create shards of a crystalline rock that he can manipulate in various ways, from using them to form weapons and armor to simply creating structures of living crystal. The crystal which he produces could be considered an organism, as they are made of living skin cells that simply form a special cell wall type structure.

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

The Posthuman Coalition
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Posthuman Coalition » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:08 am

tagged
-- NOVVS HVMANITAE --
Tier 11, Level 0, Type 9

MANKIND HAS BECOME SEMPITERNAL

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:21 am

Tag
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:20 am

You've returned!!! As Haedros noted, the apps seem to be the same from the previous RP. Would it be fine if I used the same characters? If so, I'll be putting an app later today
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:50 am

yes

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:30 am

I will be making a quirkless hero with power armor, but junkyard version, as part of my character's history. But I will get into the UA hero course!
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:49 pm

MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION

Name: Megumin Takara
Appearance: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... ZLOQYeKgZQ
Bio: Megumin Takara was born to author Ryu Takara his wife Aisaka. From a young age, Megumin discovered her quirk and experimented with it diligently. By her middle school years she had realized quite well the potential and properties.

Quirk Name: Bubble Cannon

Quirk Description: Megumin shoot bubbles from her hands than can bear a variety of effects. Almost all of these bubbles fly at a speed of about 70 mph, like a bullet fired from a gun, unless she wills them to do otherwise. She can have them hover to create a series of trip wire type areas, coat hands in bubble fluid, or have them follow a target at around 20 mph. Her bubbles can also absorb and nullify the properties and abilities of objects. Her Bubble Cannon varieties are as such:

Bubble Cutter: She fires off bubbles at high enough speeds in a saw blade like shape to essentially make them cutting weapons that can cut flesh.

Bubble Bomb: She creates bubbles that explode with huge amounts of built up heat, essentially making a tiny explosive with about the power of your average frag grenade. These require her to expend her own body heat, so that the bubble can magnify it into an explosion.

Quirk Disable: Her strangest bubble, these bubbles can weaken or even outright disables someones quirk for a short period of time upon contact, unless this quirk is a constant transformation quirk, such as Yui Kodais Size quirk. The more this kind of bubble is used on an individual,the more resistant they become to its effect, with the time limit on it decreasing and the effect it actually has on the quirk lessening.

Bubble Bullet: Your standard bubble.

Friction/Inertia bubble: If this bubble makes contact with any surface, any and all friction the object carried is rendered null.

Theres a lot more potential things these bubbles can do, but I think i've done well enough to convey the idea.

MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION

Name: Shoji Haruka
Blood Type: O positive
Appearance:
Civilian
Villain

Bio: Alone. Poor little Shoji, all alone. Of all the quirks in the world, he developed possibly the most horrible for everyone involved. His quirk manifested at age 3, awfully young for a quirk, and it had its effects on everyone around Shoji. His parents could not look him in the eyes without being haunted by what they saw. His childhood was filled with terrified people and isolation. He isolated himself further through a strange and consistent lack of emotion on Shoji’s part. His family cast him away, sending him to live with his uncle. His uncle homeschooled him, as he was once a teacher. Homeschooled, Shoji’s uncle fostered his quirk, and allowed him to more accurately discover the properties of his quirk. His uncle was the one who discovered the strange alter ego resulting from Shoji’s quirk. His uncle schooled him until when he would be in his fourth year of high school. At this point, his uncle died of a severe heart attack, and Shoji vanished. While the exact cause of the heart attack is unkown, speculation revolving around the incident points to the fact that the uncles heart attack had likely been caused by large amounts of stress, as he was a healthy, fit man. This conjecture points to Shoji likely being the one who ultimately caused his death, by accident or on purpose, we shall never know. No one knows what became of Shoji after this, but for the past 3 or so years, Musutafu police and officers from the cities around it have received reports of people entering incredibly vivid nightmarish trances when encountering a man of Shoji’s build and general appearance.

Quirk Name: Nightmare/Vengeance

Quirk Description: Shoji’s quirk is an anomaly amongst quirks, being in essence two quirks, neither of which is genetic. His quirk(s) are Nightmare, a mental quirk that traps people in nightmarish visions of their worst fears upon looking into Shoji’s eyes, and Vengeance, another mental quirk which inflicts pain equal to any injury Shoji receives from the person affected. It’s believed that Vengeance could be a subsidiary quirk that comes from Nightmare, as both cause stimuli within the inflicteds mind that are lucid enough that they feel real. The main limit on this quirk is that Shoji must be able to see his target to use the quirk, both for vengeance and nightmare. In addition to this, his quirk causes some strange side effects on him, namely, whenever he uses the quirk frequently, his entire personality changes. This causes him to have a villain/civilian ego split. He will go from having no emotion at all (his default) to cruel, obsessive, and murderous. This divide in personalities led to him turning to villainy.

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm

Name: Ayumu Yoshida
Sexuality: Hetero
Blood Type: O+
Appearance: Here he is, green eyes and all, in his natural habitat

Bio: Born to an atypical family in Musutafu, and grew up as a sleepy but well-mannered child. Ayumu grew up no different than other children, playing soccer, video games, and chatting with his close knit but piously Buddhist family, despite being a narcoleptic. For all intents and purposes, he should not be a hero. Yet he certainly tried to act like one, when [REDACTED DUE TO BIO NEEEDING UPDATING]. His Uncle, a Buddhist Monk, would homeschool him in the art of Tai Chi, yoga, and other mind-body techniques in order to help him control his trancelike state, while his tenure at Aldera Junior High. the delicate art of being a punching bag, and how to use the rather mundane Quirk of “sleepwalking” as he called it to take on a variety of equally tenacious opponents. Passing the exams, he now walks with fellow Hero Aspirant, Aoi into the UA High School, ready to take on the world.

Quirk Name: Trance Walk/Sight

Quirk Description: While observed to be physically and mentally more adept than most children his age, in combat, his mind slips into a trancelike state, where his mind can completely focus on hand to hand combat. In this form, he truly becomes superhuman in terms of healing, agility and strength. While not invulnerable, this form allows him to analyze, and react quicker even more impressively. Through training, and meditation, this trancelike state can be used to analyze crime scenes, and make observations of startling detail.

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:54 pm

Applications will be reviewed later today

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:10 am

MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION

Name: Annora Allegrodo
Blood Type: (Mandatory, the show likes to show them between breaks so...) O
Appearance: (Description and/or image. If using an image, just put the link, DON'T PUT IT BETWEEN IMAGE TAGS!!!) https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/the ... 0630015902

Bio:

Annora Allegrodo's early life was that of tragedy and anger. She was raised by loving parents for the first 6 years of her life until they were killed during a battle with a Villain. The pain Annora felt after the death of her parents showed her the true state of the world along with the Villains that she would grow up hating so much. Annora soon after discovered her quirk, which she aptly named Lightning. However Annora quickly learned that though her quirk was versatile and had the potential to be powerful, she could accidentally shock someone if she isn't careful. Annora actually touched one of her friends and severely shocked him, sending him to the hospital. This caused Annora to isolate herself and avoid being around people since she believed her quirk causes pain. Over the next few years after her parents death and the shocking incident, Annora received special insulated gloves which helps to avoid accidental shocking. She finally became self confident enough to enroll into UA to become a Pro Hero and avenge her parents' deaths.

Occupation: (Civilian/Pro Hero/UA Teacher/UA Student/Villain) UA Student

Quirk Name: Lightning

Quirk Description: (If it's a source material quirk, just put a link to it's MHA wiki page). Annora is able to generate lightning from any part of her body. She can blast electricity out of her hands by simply thrusting them forward and shooting out the lightning. Annora can also use her quirk as a shield, surrounding herself with lightning, which can be used both offensively and defensively. Using Lightning, Annora has access to the Electrically Enhanced Condition, which allows her to use her quirk to accelerate her nerves, which gives her superhuman strength, speed, agility and reflexes. However, using the Electrically Enhanced Condition is extremely tiring for Annora as she can only use it for one minute, after which, she goes completely numb and is unable to move. Also, Annora does not have full control over her quirk, and can electrocute anything she touches if she's not careful. Annora usually wears special insulated gloves in order to prevent an accidental shocking. Because of this, Annora likes to avoid people in order to not hurt them. She can also absorb electricity, although absorbing too much can result in her death.

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)

MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION

Name: Jasmine Taulra
Sexuality: Asexual
Blood Type: (Mandatory, the show likes to show them between breaks so...) B
Appearance: (Description and/or image. If using an image, just put the link, DON'T PUT IT BETWEEN IMAGE TAGS!!!) https://hairstylecamp.com/wp-content/up ... 401354.jpg

Bio:

Jasmine Taulra's childhood was that of a typical girl in Japan in her first few years. Nothing was deemed out of the ordinary, until the discovery of her quirk, Devil's Whisper. Jasmine was at first thought to be quirkless, due to the subtlety of her power. Despite this initial outlook, Jasmine still believed she could become a Hero, mirroring Midoriya in some aspects. However, this fantasy caused her to become irrational and develop an inferiority complex. In Junior High, she met some older students with quirks who were teasing her about being quirkless. This by itself didn't necessarily bother Jasmine too much, as she always dealt with this and simply ignored them. However the teasing turned into harassment, and eventually escalated from there. One day, Jasmine was walking home from school and was approached by the group of students who always bothered her. They decided to corner her and started verbally abusing her. Jasmine, out of fear from what they would do to her, and lack of confidence in herself, she stayed. She endured them, until they got physical with her. She begged for help but no one came. Fearing for her life and experiencing true hatred and anger for the first time, she awakened her dormant power. She lashed out, striking each member of the students there with a horrible pain illusion. This was enough to incapacitate them and put them in a coma. Jasmine, being traumatized from this event, blamed herself for this and was investigated for what happened. At first refusing to cooperate with police, she told the truth of what happened that day and about her illusion quirk. Not much happened from there, but the attack made Jasmine realize what an awful place the world truly is. She slowly became twisted and started experimenting with her quirk on random people, making sure she was never assaulted again. Jasmine also found out that her illusions had another capability: Mind Control. This aspect of Jasmine's ability allowed her to manipulate a person simply by speaking to them, though of course they had to hear what she said, and she had to will it to happen. Jasmine started to believe she was better than everyone else, and soon started to manipulate people close to her to gain what she wanted. Jasmine made it into UA, and was one of the top students in her class. Her quirk allowed her to steamroll through the various competitions at the school and her hard work ethic propelled her into the best students in the class. However, her classmates distrusted her, as she had used Devil's Whisper on them before, and began to avoid her. The isolation made Jasmine believe that they simply feared her, which was something she wanted, but it also drove her crazy. Her obsession with being loved, while also manipulating people resulted in her leaving UA High School. It wasn't long until Jasmine met Amelia, another person who was...not mentally stable. They immediately became friends and started plotting, becoming Villains together. Jasmine and Amelia became partners in their two person team.

Occupation: (Civilian/Pro Hero/UA Teacher/UA Student/Villain) Villain

Quirk Name: Devil's Whisper

Quirk Description: Jasmine essentially has a hybrid quirk. The first part of her power is the ability to create illusions, which can range from simply creating things that do not actually exist, to locking her target in an entire different world, similar to Itachi Uchiha's Tsukuyomi. These illusions however, require direct eye contact with her target, and she must keep her eyes open in order to keep the illusion going. The moment Jasmine blinks, the illusion ends. Also, overusing this ability results in temporary blindness, extreme migraines, bleeding of the eyes, and eye pain. The second aspect of her illusion quirk is known as Devil's Whisper. Unlike her other illusions, Devil's Whisper does not require eye contact. This illusion works akin to mind control, with Jasmine being able to manipulate a person simply by speaking to them. The drawback to Devil's Whisper is that the target must hear Jasmine speak.

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)

MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION

Name: Arlo Barotovi
Blood Type: B
Appearance: (Description and/or image. If using an image, just put the link, DON'T PUT IT BETWEEN IMAGE TAGS!!!) https://geekandsundry.com/wp-content/up ... 70x545.jpg

Bio:

Arlo Barotovi was born to the Barotovi family, a family of Pro Heroes. They are well known throughout the world and as soon as Arlo was born, he was touted to become the successor to his family's fame and prestige. Arlo's quirk, Acceleration, allows him to take the potential energy of an object and charge it by converting the potential energy to kinetic energy, which is also known as Molecular Acceleration. This quirk is incredibly versatile and allows him to essentially blow things up just by touching them with all five fingers on either hand. Arlo was recognized as a prodigy when he attended UA and it was there that he developed his signature moves. Using playing cards and charging them, he was able to dominate his classmates and graduated at the top of his class. As Arlo became a Pro Hero, he recklessly challenged some of the strongest Villains in the entire world, and took them down. His Acceleration quirk resulted in Arlo becoming widely popular due to his unorthodox fighting style.

Occupation: (Civilian/Pro Hero/UA Teacher/UA Student/Villain) Pro Hero

Quirk Name: Conversion (also known as Acceleration-Dissolution)

Quirk Description: Arlo's quirk allows him to manipulate the energy within an object, giving him the ability to either kinetically "charge" any object (or person) he touches if he chooses, (which can cause it to explode), or he can cause objects/people to pull themselves apart, forcing them to melt down to nothing. The former ability is known as (Kinetic) Acceleration, which is done by taking the potential energy stored in an object and converting it into kinetic energy. However, Acceleration must be done through physical contact with all five fingers, but once this is achieved, he effectively turns anything he touches into a time bomb. The size of the explosion is dependent o how long Arlo is able to hold on to his target. Liquid and gas based quirks can counter Acceleration since Arlo would be unable to grasp them. The larger an object is, the longer it takes to charge. The dissolution aspect of Conversion works just like Acceleration, but with the opposite effect. By touching anything/anyone with all five fingers, Arlo causes them to melt, dissolving the thing he touched. He uses Acceleration at long rage ( Arlo normally uses playing cards and throws them at his target in order since they're easier to control, throw, and quicker to charge. His playing cards have the force of a grenade when thrown). And he uses Dissolution in close quarters combat.

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)

MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION

Name: Amelia Sayuga
Blood Type: A
Appearance: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/aka ... 0824211312

Bio:

Amelia was born to a poor family in rural Japan. Growing up, she always wanted ways to improve the life of her family and was ambitious. Amelia spent hours studying the various Pro Heroes in order to learn what it took to become of the best. But life wouldn't wouldn't get better for her. Amelia would constantly struggle in her life, facing countless obstacles that obstructed her way to UA High. Her quirk allowed her to turn her nails into claws sharper than any blade in the world, which she discovered at a young age, but rarely used it due to the pain it caused her. Amelia joined a gang and became known as the Swiper, due to her immense speed and her ability to create claws. She would easily break into stores and steal money in order to provide for her family. But it wasn't long until she was caught, and sent to jail. It was during this time that Amelia became disillusioned with heroes, believing that her crimes were necessary in order to support herself and her family. Amelia broke out of prison a few months later, wiping out all the guards and disappearing. She decided to become a Villain, as she believed many people were too reliant on Heroes, and that, like her, they need to experience the harsh reality of life. Pro Heroes did nothing for her, and society shunned her. Now it was her turn to get revenge. It was around this time that she started to become insane. She was dangerously obsessed with her ideas and would go to any length to accomplish her goals, even if it mean sacrificing her own life. As she became a villain, Amelia met Jasmine Taulra, a villain with a mind control quirk. They decided to team up and show the world what reality truly is.

Quirk Name: Swiper No Swiping

Quirk Description:

Amelia can dislodge her joints and easily dislocate any part of her body if she chooses, though she prefers to use this ability in her hands. Amelia can adjust the anatomy in either hand, making her fingernails become claws incredibly sharp, which she uses to tear apart objects, or people, if it comes to that. Her claws also has poison in them, which can be deadly if she manages to get a clean swipe at someone. However, using this quirk is incredibly painful for Amelia, so she prefers to battle quickly with her super speed, strength, reflexes, endurance and agility. Her claws are immensely durable, as they're able to withstand strikes from swords and other blades and can break through glass. If Amelia's claws are able to pierce through a person's skin, they're able to leak out a poison that causes temporary paralysis, which Amelia then uses to kill them.

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Asardia on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:51 am

List of accepted characters has been updated.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Fantástico. After the IC is up, I may have Amelia and Jasmine start something, since I didn't get to use them at all before.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:11 pm

MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION

Name: Den Ji
Blood Type: O-
Appearance: Fair-skinned with somewhat spiked, black hair with silver-ish highlights. Eyes are grey. (Highlights and eyes take on the colour of electricity if enough is absorbed. E.g; Blue Electricity would make them go blue.)

Bio: This is a WIP.

Quirk Name: Electromagnet

Quirk Description: This Quirk essentially makes Den's body a living Electromagnet, letting him manipulate any Ferromagnetic material. However, this Electromagnetism is powered by the electricity produced by his own body, so prolonged usage can temporarily paralyse him (which runs the risk of asphyxiation). Fortunately there is a solution to this. Den's Quirk also lets him absorb Electricity, with a large enough supply he'd be able to use his Quirk without draining his body's electricity. The more Electricity he has access to, the stronger his Quirk will be. If he absorbs enough Electricity, Den can take on a state similar to the "Electrically Enhanced Condition", which boosts his abilities even further. The Electromagnet Quirk also lets Den detect (and disrupt) Electromagnetic fields. If he were to be paired with someone who has a compatible Quirk, the possibilities would be endless.

Den's Quirk is constantly active and because of how little control he has over it, he cannot go anywhere near a radio station and must use plastic cutlery as stainless steel cutlery ends up sticking to his body. This problem will be dealt with when he eventually learns how to switch off his Electromagnetism.

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)

Yes, his Quirk is meant to compliment Annora's, they would be a great combo.
Last edited by Gurori on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:40 pm

MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION

Name: Saiko Yamazaki
Blood Type: AB+
Appearance: Pale, with white hair (and red highlights), eye colour is red. Has an ahoge for some reason.

Bio: Daughter of the Hero Duo "Psystrike" and "Psyshock", who are totally not named after Pokémon attacks, Saiko lives a somewhat luxurious life. There were also high expectations for her from the start, especially as her Quirk is the combination of her parents'. She was recommended into UA and as such, did not need to take the entrance exam.

Quirk Name: Esper

Quirk Description: A hybrid of two Quirks known as "Telepath" and "Telekinetic".

Saiko can lift any object as long as it is within a certain proximity. Light objects can be lifted effortlessly, while heavier objects need more concentration, including her own body. She can also form a mental link with the people she knows, letting her have one-way conversations across long distances. Along with those two abilities, Saiko also possesses Heightened Intelligence and a form of Foresight, letting her see exactly 1 second into the future.

Her abilities will of course improve with time and training and she may even develop the ability to read minds (to a degree).

Overusing or overexerting her Quirk (e.g; lifting objects which are heavier than her current limits) will give Saiko a nosebleed along with a horrific migraine, in some cases it can even cause her to pass out.

Injuries to her head (and headaches) can temporarily weaken or even disable her Quirk's abilities.

It is easy to tell when she is using her Quirk. When using Telepathy or Foresight, Saiko's eyes will glow. When using Telekinesis, not only will her eyes glow but a red "aura" will form around her body (similar to how Tatsumaki does it).

Because she focuses so much on her mental abilities, Saiko's physical abilities are weaker.

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Gurori on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:42 pm

Does anyone want to be friends with one sleepy boi?
Obligatory Quotes below

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:31 am

Danceria wrote:Does anyone want to be friends with one sleepy boi?

I guess Megumin could be sleepy bois friend

Without further ado:

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:17 pm

MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION

Name: Kaito Yorishibe
Blood Type: O
Appearance: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... Edidpfw6FC
Bio: Kaito was born under rather misfortunate circumstances, born to a gang leader and one of his side women in the city of Tokyo. He was forced to join the gang at an early age, so as to "take it over" when his father died.
He was removed from school at age 8, and home-schooled by a member of the gang. Through this gang member, he received a decent education, and later, decent training in his quirk. At age 11, Kaito finally decided to break free of the gang and tried to escape with his mother, who refused to leave with him. He was caught by his father, and in a blind panic, Kaito shot his father in the head, killing him. After this, he fled Tokyo, moving in with a family member in Musutafu, and life resumed. He applied for U.A., passed tests, and was admitted into the hero course. This new school year marks his third year of U.A.

Quirk Name: Aim/Shatter

Quirk Description: Kaito can control the trajectory of any projectile he launches of any sort, from a thrown item to a shot from a gun by charging it with energy. He can also cause his projectiles to shatter during their flight, an especially deadly ability if the object is any form of metal or rock, causing shrapnel to injure people near the projectile. He can do anything from stopping the projectile mid-flight to making it fly faster in addition to his basic trajectory control.

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)

Without further ado:

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:12 am

Created a discord server. Link is in OP, just press the discord logo.

EDIT: Accepted Characters list has also been updated.
Last edited by Gurori on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:37 am

Name: Ayumu Yoshida
Sexuality: Hetero
Blood Type: O+
Appearance: Here he is, green eyes and all, in his natural habitat

Bio: Born to an atypical family in Musutafu, and grew up as a sleepy but well-mannered child. Ayumu grew up no different than other children, playing soccer, video games, and chatting with his close knit but piously Buddhist family, despite being a narcoleptic. For all intents and purposes, he should not be a hero. Yet he certainly tried to act like one, when his initial "sleepwalking" revealed itself to be a highly unusual Quirk. His Uncle, a Buddhist Monk, would homeschool him in the art of Tai Chi, yoga, and other mind-body techniques in order to help him control his trancelike state, while his tenure at Aldera Junior High. During this time, he would eventually study alongside (and become close compatriots with) fellow Quirk bearers Megumin Takara and the Takizumi twins, of which he would often test his physical abilities against them. This training in the delicate art of being a punching bag, and how to use the rather mundane Quirk of “sleepwalking” as he called it, would lead him to be one of the most tenacious combatants of the group. Passing the exams, he now walks with his fellow Hero Aspirants, into the UA High School, ready to take on the world.

Quirk Name: Trance Walk/Sight

Quirk Description: While observed to be physically and mentally more adept than most children his age, in combat, his mind slips into a trancelike state, where his mind can completely focus on hand to hand combat. In this form, he truly becomes superhuman in terms of healing, agility and strength. While not invulnerable, this form allows him to analyze, and react quicker even more impressively. Through training, and meditation, this trancelike state can be used to analyze crime scenes, and make observations of startling detail. Ayumu also trained excessively in various martial arts, and often relies upon good old fashioned smarts and fisticuffs to win the day, rather than bubble-guns or destructor-waves. The young boy seems content with his seemingly plateaued Quirk, opting to become a "Superhero Detective" rather than a flashy hero such as All-Might.

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)

Apologies for incorporating students into my backstory without your permission, I figured people with Quirks would most likely know one another.
Obligatory Quotes below

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:19 am

MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION

Name: Harigae “Singer” Eisen
Blood Type: O Neg
Appearance:
    Standing at 6’7”, tall for the vast majority of people, Eisen is a slim individual with little musculature, his black hair kept long and in a ponytail, though this is often rapidly done with little heed towards looking good, as Eisen ‘has no-one to impress’, the same being said for the ghost of a mustache the man has. His hands are swift and nimple, apt for the use of a scalpel as an artisan tool. Azure eyes are always bright, always moving. In terms of clothing, the man wears a simple robe at all times with no variation between this and his ‘hero costume’; the man doesn’t dress up, save for a pair of surgical gloves as well as a mask. A pair of running shoes completes the image for Eisen.
Bio:
    Born in southern Japan, in Fukuoka, Eisen’s early life was one of simplicity until his Quirk manifested. This began with accidents, the healing of little cuts by his cries as he passed in and out of the range for his ‘song’ with his own voice. However, finding this strange, the boy began his testing, healing the little scraps and bruises about him. Due to this testing, various forested areas about Fukuoka can be noted to have overgrown far greater than what would be considered normal, with jungle-like regions able to be seen. He would, after an official testing of his Quirk, go into the medical field after attending a smaller Hero school.

After his medical school, something which passed-by rather easily for most yet far less for Eisen, who took to not using his Quirk and instead actually learning the human body, the man would perform in various hospitals throughout Japan, working hard. It would only be in the last few years that he would begin work at UA as one of the doctors, healing overzealous students as they learned what control is.
Quirk Name: Song of Genesis
Quirk Description:
    Eisen’s Quirk allows him to, with a vocalization, develop a ‘song’ which rapidly accelerates growth of cellular organisms within a radius of fifty feet. If performed for ten seconds, most injuries sustained are healed, subjects malnourished are more complete. If performed for thirty seconds, injuries up to cancer, scarring, and loss of limb is healed in a permanent manner. If performed for a minute, however, growth of single-celled organisms around him is rapidly accelerated, with moss growing around him in that radius, as well as the rapid growth of cells within the systems of any person about him. Farther than that, however, is unknown. The use of his song, however, strains Eisen’s throat and body, weakening him considerably.

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Ormata on Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:15 pm

Ormata wrote:
MHA NEXT GEN APPLICATION
Name: Harigae “Singer” Eisen
Blood Type: O Neg
Appearance:
    Standing at 6’7”, tall for the vast majority of people, Eisen is a slim individual with little musculature, his black hair kept long and in a ponytail, though this is often rapidly done with little heed towards looking good, as Eisen ‘has no-one to impress’, the same being said for the ghost of a mustache the man has. His hands are swift and nimple, apt for the use of a scalpel as an artisan tool. Azure eyes are always bright, always moving. In terms of clothing, the man wears a simple robe at all times with no variation between this and his ‘hero costume’; the man doesn’t dress up, save for a pair of surgical gloves as well as a mask. A pair of running shoes completes the image for Eisen.
Bio:
    Born in southern Japan, in Fukuoka, Eisen’s early life was one of simplicity until his Quirk manifested. This began with accidents, the healing of little cuts by his cries as he passed in and out of the range for his ‘song’ with his own voice. However, finding this strange, the boy began his testing, healing the little scraps and bruises about him. Due to this testing, various forested areas about Fukuoka can be noted to have overgrown far greater than what would be considered normal, with jungle-like regions able to be seen. He would, after an official testing of his Quirk, go into the medical field after attending a smaller Hero school.

After his medical school, something which passed-by rather easily for most yet far less for Eisen, who took to not using his Quirk and instead actually learning the human body, the man would perform in various hospitals throughout Japan, working hard. It would only be in the last few years that he would begin work at UA as one of the doctors, healing overzealous students as they learned what control is.
Quirk Name: Song of Genesis
Quirk Description:
    Eisen’s Quirk allows him to, with a vocalization, develop a ‘song’ which rapidly accelerates growth of cellular organisms within a radius of fifty feet. If performed for ten seconds, most injuries sustained are healed, subjects malnourished are more complete. If performed for thirty seconds, injuries up to cancer, scarring, and loss of limb is healed in a permanent manner. If performed for a minute, however, growth of single-celled organisms around him is rapidly accelerated, with moss growing around him in that radius, as well as the rapid growth of cells within the systems of any person about him. Farther than that, however, is unknown. The use of his song, however, strains Eisen’s throat and body, weakening him considerably.

#MHA2018 (DO NOT REMOVE)

IS THAT A BLACK CLOVER REFERENCE!!!???

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Asardia wrote:IS THAT A BLACK CLOVER REFERENCE!!!???

More of an SCP reference, but hey whatever floats your boat.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:29 am

IC thread coming later today.

invite your friends

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse