NATION

PASSWORD

Corporate Cosmos [IC | Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Corporate Cosmos [IC | Closed]

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 01, 2018 12:01 pm

The year: 2120 Anno Domini. The old world: so much ash.

The new world: dystopia. The new powers: corporations.

Welcome to that new world, CEO. Or, if you like, Oligarch, Tyrant, First Speaker... it really isn't important what you like to call yourself. I am Mekis One, the leader of the Blue Sky Conglomerate. We have important news, news which you need to hear. It is official- Earth is dying. Sure, sure, she has always been dying, ever since the bombs fell and the Gilded Age came to an end. But your shareholders aren't going to be around for much longer if you don't do something about it. Your citizens are going to be rioting in the streets as they breath their last breaths, making sure they burn down your palace around your pointed ears before all of humanity follows the example of our paleotological ancestors. So that is why I am here: to give you a prototype Jumpdrive.

Yeah, I know. Who the fuck cares about space any more? We gave up on that almost two centuries ago, back when it turned out mining the asteroids was too expensive, and as the public eye saw only rock and dust beyond our atmosphere. But the Jumpdrive changes that calculus. Dump a nuclear reactor's output into a spacecraft for a day, and you can be in the asteroid belt sucking up precious metals by the cargo hold- on Mars dumping poor peons into the sparse atmosphere to try and eke out a living beyond our overcrowded exhausted ball of blue- on Jupiter looking for rare gases to run the next generation of fusion experiments.

And your corporate rivals will be doing likewise. We may have made this innovation first, but Blue Sky are no fools. We knew you all would find out, and the potential of this invention is worth a war. Worth a war that would kill the planet we have left. So we are free sourcing this invention, giving it to every entity big enough to make use of it in the world. I ask, as Chairman, that you refrain from killing the world despite our best efforts. That is all.

The current Advancement Rate is: 2 Minors/IC Page, 1 Major/2 OOC Days.
NPC Regions have a garrison of: 3 Brigades.

Mekis One, or Andrei Teuling, as those who knew his origin called him, stepped away from the facial projector. A glance over at his aide and a nod from the comms officer confirmed that the data had been uploaded, the designs sent. It had not been an action that either the Hegemony nor the Board of Directors had been enthusiastic about, but ultimately both had come around. To hold the technology tight would only be to slow its proliferation, and no secret could be kept forever; once the other power had discovered that there was a way off of the dying rock of earth, there would have been war, and that would have spelled the end of any of the Landsraad's good ambitions.

"Get me a line to Emberston down at Ragnorov. It is about time we talked about matters of mutual advantage."

As his secretary made the arrangements for the encrypted phone call, Andrei looked out over the glittering skyline of Capetown. It was a world of glass and steel and composite, soaring architecture a reflection of the ambition of not only the Hegemony, but also Blue Sky. Forward thinking, upward looking. This was a harsh world. The dust storms in the Sahel were going more violent, and the Namibian Desert was expanding at a pace that was unprecedented. By all appearances, the world was dying, but there was still hope in the Chairman's heart. Humanity had a new lease on life, and he fully intended to make the most of it.

All he had to do was get the rest of humanity to cooperate.

As the call was put through, Mekis reviewed the orders for both the Landsraad's assets and the Conglomerate. They were many and varied, but boiled down to the aims of his organization; the pacification of East Africa and her integration into the Landsraad's resource systems, and raising the vast sums of capital that would be necessary for Blue Sky's research aims. All in good time.

The phone rang, and the Chairman looked over towards the projector, waiting for the CEO of Ragnorov to come online.

Blue Sky:
Prioritize New Markets: +2 Innovation, -1 Capital
Asteroid Mining: -2 Innovation, +10 Capital, +10 Industry
0 Innovation, 19 Capital, 10 Industry, 1 Lab, 2 Factories, 2 Mercenaries
Landsraad Hegemony:
Taxation: +15 Capital, -2 Public Opinion
Raise Conscripts: -5 Public Opinion, +Battalion
1 Public Opinion, 15 Capital, 3 Battalions
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Sat May 26, 2018 5:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Steir
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Steir » Tue May 01, 2018 4:20 pm

Ragnorov Heavy Industries. One of the few corporate survivors of the Third Revolution, Chief Shipwright Klaus Emberston of Yard No. 7 in New Warsaw had inherited a pitiful shell of a once proud corporation. Of course, he wasn't even the second in corporate inheritance, or third or even fourth. No, he was actually about sixteenth down the line of inheritance and even then his claim had been debatable. A whole lot of the arguments disappeared when the RHI leadership's escape skiff (one of the company's more luxurious models) had been intercepted a particularly nasty guided missile.

Klaus' shoulders slumped as another sheaf of paperwork slammed onto his battered desk, already creaking and groaning from the weight of a half-dozen other stacks of papers. The office was cluttered and dusty, having not been used in years. Previously, it had belonged to a Major or such in the Hegemony's military but the site was ideal. It had been an isolated airbase for fighters in decades passed, but with the advent of more impressive surface-to-air systems, the based had been abandoned and left in disrepair. While it was several decades behind on the technology front, it was isolated, large, and already had some of the necessary infrastructure needed for an aerospace firm built. Officially it was "Ragnorov Heavy Industries Surface Yard No. 1" but it was more commonly known to the employees as the "Boneyard," considering some of the derelict aircraft stored in the hangars. Some of them looked like they'd come out of an old war movie. It came as part of the payment for the five skiffs ordered by the Hegemony's Marines.

He grasped a pen, glancing over the requisition forms for another cargo truck, preparing to sign on the dotted line when one of the senior technicians burst in the room, nearly toppling Emberston's overworked intern in the doorway. Klaus glanced up, pausing with his pen held in the air as the technician fumbled with something in his hands before producing the dataslate. "Call fer ya boss," said the greasy, fat frosted man who looked like a bizarre cross between a chimney sweep and Santa Claus, "Looks like one o' the bigwigs at Blue Sky,"

Klaus put the pen down neatly, and with a long sigh adjusted his red glasses. The technician--a man by the name of Skovich--outstretched the 'slate and Emberston grasped it tiredly. Klaus Emberston was an average, if a bit thin man, with pale skin and sharp features and near-perpetual circles under his bespectacled blue eyes. His hair was a light shade of chestnut, tied into a long and messy ponytail with a storm-blue ribbon. His expression was one of a man consistently haunted by rapidly approaching deadlines. He grasped the 'slate from Skovich, who backed into a corner best he can, which was not very well.

The shipwright attempted to wrangle his disobedient hair in a vain attempt at looking presentable, took a deep breath, and answered. He was greeted by the face of Mekis One, Chairman of the Blue Sky Conglomerate. A brief scowl of shock passed his lips, before they contorted back into it's signature stoicism. "Mr. Mekis, what a ...pleasant surprise," the man said, unsure of how to approach the man in the screen. He'd been expecting a call from a regional director, not the Chairman of the entire damn Conglomerate, "What can I help you today?"

Minor - Solicit Investors: +3 Capital
Major - Establish Laboratory: -3 Capital, +1 Lab
0 Innovation, Capital, 1 Labs, 0 Factories, 0 Mercenaries
Last edited by Steir on Wed May 02, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shy's Ausozera/II Guy

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 01, 2018 6:43 pm

The image of the Chief Shipwright wavered and blurred as the holoprojector struggled to compensate for datafeed quality, but Andrei's polite diplomatic smile did not waver.

"Ah, Master Emberston. I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

He wasn't. Word on the street was that, for all of its expertise in aerospace, Ragnorov was struggling for funding and working to raise more capital to revitalize their operation out near Pretoria. No active projects, which made their particular combination of competence and idleness the precise reason that his aide had marked them out for this job.

"As for how you can help me, I'm here on behalf of the Conglomerate. As you may know-" the Chief Shipwright certainly would, since the newscycle had been screaming about nothing else for the last hour "-Blue Sky has just taken our Jumpdrive open source for the world. Of course, the implications for your industry are immense. Immense enough that we believe a complete turnaround of Ragnorov's fortunes are imminent, particularly in regards to the demand for your services, and so I am here to make you an offer."

Mekis gestured with one fingertip towards an invisible point to the Chief Shipwright, and a document opened itself on the dataslate, revealing some particularly ambitious engineering plans for what looked like a vessel capable of extra-atmospheric flight. Essentially a large cargo hold and some mining equipment, but larger than any ship currently attaining orbit by far.

"These are some prototype workups from Applied Sciences here in Capetown. We were hoping that you would be open to a commission to do testing and fabrication on them, make them more than just designs on a hard drive. Our current research facilities are much in demand as it is, or we would do this in house, but my men tell me your particular insights into the troubles we have been encountering could be advantageous compared to our own engineers. If you have the spare brainpower, my corporation is prepared to offer you capital to set up a design facility near your 'Boneyard', and fund the necessary research process, in exchange for proprietary possession of your perfected designs once you have the kinks worked out. And, of course, the facility would be yours to keep."

A smile of an entrepreneur replaced the former diplomat's visage which Mekis wore.

"Interested?"

Border Skirmish: Engage forces of another Power in battle in a neighboring Region
Invasion: Attempt to seize a Region from a neighboring Power
Propaganda: +10 Public Opinion, -5 Capital
Taxation: +5 Capital per Region, -2 Public Opinion, +Regulation Capital per Corporation (may only be executed once every 4 Major Advancements)
Research Grants: -10 Capital/Corporation, +2 Innovation/Corporation
Innovation: ?? Innovation, create new Advancement
Launch Probe: -10 Capital, receive Survey of Planetary Body in Solar System
Seize Assets: Takes Capital and Innovation from a Corporation by force

Court Politicians: +2 Public Opinion
Fund Public Education: -10 Capital, +1 Innovation
Raise Government Bonds: Gain 5 Capital
Recruit Volunteers: -7 Capital, +1 Battalion (1 Might)
Modify Laws: Alter one Corporate Regulation
Raise Conscripts: -5 Public Opinion, +1 Battalion
Construct Defenses: -20 Capital, increase Defense Rating of a Region by 10%
Redeploy Forces: Transfer any amount of Might by up to two Regions
Development Grants: Distribute 5+ Capital to Corporations, +5 Public Opinions

Solicit Investors: +3 Capital
Operate Facilities: +1 Industry/Factory, -1 Capital/Factory
Fabricate Consumer Goods: +15 Capital, -5 Industry
Transfer Assets: Move any amount of Innovation or Capital between regions or entities
Fabricate Military Designs: +1 unit of Advanced Arms (+20% Might), -2 Industry
Recruit Mercenaries: -10 Capital, +1 Battalion (1 Might)
Redeploy Forces: Move any amount of Might up to one Region
Establish Factory: -3 Capital, +Factory in a Region of your choice
Prioritize New Markets: +2 Innovation/Lab, -1 Capital/Lab

Lobbying: Modify one Corporate Regulation in a Power, -?? Capital
Establish Laboratory: -3 Capital, +Lab
Hostile Takeover: Attack rival Corporate holdings in a Region
Launch Coup: Attack a Power in a Region. If successful Lobbying is free for ten years, and the Power may not Seize Assets from you during that time period
Innovate: -?? Innovation, create new Advancement
Harvest Asteroids: -2 Innovation, +10 Capital, +10 Industry

South Africa: 4 Labs, 1 Datahub, 1 Smelter, 1 Factory, 1 Mercenary
East Africa: 1 Factory
Congo Basin: 1 Factory
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Fri May 18, 2018 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Camelone
Senator

Founded: Feb 20, 2015

Postby Camelone » Tue May 01, 2018 6:55 pm

Great Lakes Commonwealth
Fortune was a fickle thing it could in one moment bless a man with great abundance and joy and in another have everything come crashing down around them, this was a cycle that Robert Thornton knew all to well for he was both the patron and victim of fate more than once. Now the former street rat stands as the leader of a power that demands respect the world over and the name Robert Thornton carries weight behind it past the slums he used to run. It was a long and arduous road to travel but he brought himself and his brother up to the heights of society and now he could only smile as he felt a real weight on his shoulder as people looked to him to guide them to a new age of prosperity and glory, something that he will endeavor to do with much energy.

All these feelings faded as his mind was brought back to reality by a cough from one of the other Sentinels in the room, he must have been distracted by the beauty of Niagara Falls. Turning slightly Robert rested his hand on a chair as he looked at the several other Sentinels, all sitting in their chairs wearing the crisp orange uniforms with a purple sash across their chest displaying their rank. Looking around the room Robert knew that these men were his men, they were loyal to him alone and he made sure of it with a thorough purging of the ranks after his assumption of the office.

"Well men we now have a rather unique opportunity ahead of us, I say that with this new revelation the Commonwealth would do best to begin mobilizing for the prospect of escaping Earth. That is our number one priority escape to the stars so we live to fight again, Earth is wasting away but we don't have to as well, we will need to expand the borders of the Commonwealth to secure necessary resources, mobilize the entire population to a frontier spirit spiced with national fervor, and most of all make sure no one starts a shooting war that could end the world prematurely. Understood?"

"Understood Lord Sentinel!" Came the response, while these Sentinels were leaders in their own rights they were nothing but loyal lieutenants to Robert through personal connections and gifts, as well as the fear of replacement.

"Good now go do your duties. Hail the Commonwealth!" Robert bellowed out snapping a salute which was quickly returned and echoed by the Sentinels before they took their leave.

With the Sentinels now gone Robert ordered his aids to begin the process of raising government funds through issuing government bonds, it was the least intrusive way to raise funds and wouldn't upset anybody. These funds would be directed towards a propaganda campaign, the people needed to know why their fathers, sons, and brothers were being given rifles to fight beneath the Eagle and for the Union Cause. Once he was confident that it was well underway Robert retired to his private study, grabbing the studies phone he called up his brother to discuss the situation of how the Great Lakes Finance Conglomerate was doing.

"Yes Robert?" The voice sounded over the line, seemingly very tired and slightly annoyed, the usual state that Colin found himself in. Unlike his more glory hound prone brother Colin was a mild mannered and pragmatic individual thinking of everything in terms of numbers and payoffs not ideals and sentiment, granted Robert was more calculated and Machiavellian than Colin could ever hope to be.

"Colin, great to hear your voice little brother. It has been a while since we last talked and I wanted to know how everything was shaping with your financial endeavors? Decent enough?"

"No Robert it hasn't been going anywhere I just got the list of names that you want me to contact from the Lord Censor just this morning and I completed my own personal research just a few minutes ago. You know it would be even easier if the Commonwealth could subsidize the Conglomerate a little bit so we can get off the ground quicker."

"You know we are operating on thin margins as it is, we can't afford to direct anything away from protecting our borders and keeping the populace inspired in the Union Cause." Right as Colin is about to respond Robert cuts him off "Before you say I dip into my own fortune I got to remind you I don't take a big salary and what I do get I spend on hosting veterans at the Palace and tithing St. Mary's Abbey."

The growing frustration could be heard from the other side of the line "Fine, fine. I'll make do. Goodnight Robert."

"Goodnight Colin." Robert said as he hung up. Standing there in the room for a few seconds he went over to the door grabbing his coat and hat he was going to visit St. Mary's again before he turned in for the night, perhaps the silence could ease his mind and perhaps Sister Julia would be able to speak this late at night.
Major Advancement: Propaganda
Minor Advancement: Raise Government Bonds
Public Opinion: 20, Innovation: 0, Capital: 0
Might: 1 Central Canada, 1 New England

Great Lakes Finance Conglomerate
Colin sighed as the line was cut, sometimes he wondered if his brother truly understood how difficult it was to begin a business while the vocal support of the Commonwealth was helpful he would need much more than words to get this company off of the ground. If only Robert would think of more things besides the military and that damn nunnery, Colin was still at a lose of why Robert goes there at all his brother was by no means a religious man but for some reason he kept giving patronage and visiting it, it flabbergasted Colin. To each their own Colin guessed, there really was not anything that warranted an intervention so as long as the state kept functioning well enough and the Conglomerate had a place to call home he could not complain.

Though there was a really big advantage of having your brother as the Lord Sentinel of the Commonwealth and that was having numerous connections and avenues to extract sources of investment from. Looking over the list that Colin had received from the Lord Censor on the orders from his brother and it was a great start to get things going, without a doubt some investors would come forward in the hope of getting in the good graces of the Thornton family. So now he found himself with another long night ahead of him of sending messages to numerous influential people throughout the Commonwealth soliciting capital, hopefully the name of Thornton would do a good deal of convincing them. Once the funds were achieved Colin knew right where he was going to funnel them, he was going to funnel them into a new laboratory, with the advent of the jumpdrive it was imperative to begin finding ways to exploit it and reap the rewards that could be found in space those resources could go a real long way in jump starting the GLFC.
Major Advancement: Establish Laboratory
Minor Advancement: Solicit Investors

Innovation: 0, Capital: 0, Labs: 1, Factories: 0, Industry: 0, Mercenaries: 0
Last edited by Camelone on Wed May 02, 2018 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the spirit of John Tombes, American Jacobite with a Byzantine flair for extra spice
I am... the lurker!
Ave Rex Christus!

Pro: The Social Kingship of Christ, Corporatism, Distributism, Yeomanrism, Tradition based Christianity, High Tory, Hierarchy, vanguard republicanism, Blue Laws, House of Wittelsbach, House of Iturbide, House of Kalākaua
Neutral: Constitutions, Guild Socialism, Libertarianism, Constitution Party, monarchism
Against: Communism, socialism, SJWs, materialism, the Democratic Republican Uniparty, material Egalitarianism
Family, Fatherland, Work
Results

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue May 01, 2018 11:05 pm

Yenvosk, Siberia

A modest city, one that looked archaic in comparison to the high-tech, digital cities of the modern countries. It was because of agrarian economy of the Cossack People. Their lands were nothing but plains blocked by the Caucus Mountains that made it a border between them and the Communists that occupied Moscow. While the Cossack called themselves Russian at one point, a cold war is all that stands between the two successor states. It was here that the once nomadic people had settled and became pro-market and still maintain their traditions of being a family above the individual.

To many people, it was a strange mixture of ideals that they practice, a lineage of a tribal kinship and modern ideas from of the Gilded Age. Farming was king around these parts, money was backed by the profit of grain and livestock. Siberia had became one of the few breadbaskets of a dying world, which allowed many of the nobles to become rich and to buy their own jumpdrive. This one tech that allowed the Cossacks to think of the stars as they thank God for the answer to their prayers. This spurred everything till now, everything that they had to embrace and change for the Final Frontier was ahead of them and they must escape this world.

Still, tradition and family hold true as many nobles hold distrust of Clan Ishtangr. They sold grain to both sides of the Second Revolution and were cast down for it. Now, they are getting stipends from the taxation of the lands in order to build modern factories and labs to bring about the industrialization needed to reach the stars. Igor knew that this would soothe the hot heads of the other noble houses, especially those from the Gobi Steppes as they had just been recently acquired to gain access to China's markets. The Mongol and Chinese who had became underneath Cossack rule were still restless but will soon becomes true to Cossack culture.

Udinav wasn't a greedy man but to say he wasn't an opportunist was a stretch. He spoke in more modern tones, wore more modern, traditional clothing, and was always looking to expand his commercial reach. When in Court, he would irritate Igor but his goals were just. He studied colonization theory in corporate lands and understood that hardy people would be needed to settle worlds and things like genetic tailoring, cybernetics, and other advance ideas that didn't bowed well with the nobles.

Udinav would try nevertheless to change the minds of his fellow Cossacks. To change new traditions and cultures for the betterment of his fellow kin but the House Patriarch had trust in him, which is why the factory and lab must be built and the economy must be raised as they must progress beyond just being grain-kings and ranch barons. Bootstrapping the Clan was a main priority of the Cossacks, the direction was set and the Cossacks worked tirelessly to prepare for the weight of the future that had for them.

Major Advancement: Taxation(+15 Capital,-2 Public Support)
Minor Advancement: Development Grants(-5 Capital, +5 Public Support)

Resources: 13 Public Opinion, 8 Capital, 0 Innovation, 2 Battalions(1 in Gobi, 1 in Siberia)

Major Advancement: Build Lab(-3 Capital, +1 Lab)
Minor Advancement: Build Factory(-1 Capital, +1 Factory in Siberia)

Resources: 1 Capital, 0 Innovation, 1 Factory, 1 Lab, 0 Mercs, 0 Industry
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Wed May 02, 2018 12:11 am

Britannia Corporation, London

Britannia Weapons Corporation, one of the last few heavy corporations still willing to produce weapons out for war despite the destruction of war, and the destroyer of many civilized nations. Ask anyone in any military that still lives today and anyone can tell you that Britannia makes most of their explosive ordinances. Even in London, some shell and bomb fragments had the label of the company printed onto it. In London, their main base was mainly a geometric tower, mainly upwards with some square protrusions. At the top of the tower, a massive statue of Lady Britannia in all her glory could be seen.

Within the tower itself, it was not office blocks but testing facilities, bombs going off within the reinforced test chambers of the tower while guns were also being tested for their efficiency. Throughout the tower, there was not a single level where no one could hear the explosions of the bombs or the sounds of the newer rifles being tested. At the top of the levels, within the office block, Josefa Rose sat in her massive office chair, looking out of the window as in the distance smoke rose. Typical. After contained testing, most bombs were then tested in the field of what remained. This usually involved destroying whatever was left of the wasteland and seeing how large the explosion went and the after effects of it. As she turned back to her desk, she made a call down towards the lower levels of the tower, the hidden section.

Deep within the tower, below, there was a factory, to call it the biggest would be an overestimation but it boasted it's own weight around. As the call reached the lower level's administration section, they received one single instruction. "Begin new scale production of bombs, Pandora's Box type bombs." Once received, most men began to change into hazmat and safety suits to protect themselves from Pandora's Box as small black canisters were loaded into the bombs and now produced en mass.

Minor advancements
Solicit investors: +3 capital

Major advancements
Establish laboratory: -3 capital, + lab

Total: 10 capital, 2 factories, 2 labs, 2 mercenaries
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed May 02, 2018 7:16 am

London, Hyde Park, Late afternoon

"Hot dogs! Hot dogs!" - Shouts an old man from behind the counter of his hot-dog wagon after serving his last costumer. - "Real Hot dogs!"

But the caravan of Indian tourists don't seem terribly interested in his wares, as they are mostly vegetarian. As they move on, the pathway becomes deserted, for a short period, so the vendor decides to rest his voice.

Suddenly, a figure in a black suit crawls out of the shrubbery behind and strangles the man with garrote. He pulls his body into the bushes where they both disappear. Meanwhile, another agent knocks over the hot-dog trolley and begins smashing it with a lead pipe. The sausages and hot buns roll out of their containers, much to the delight of Hyde park's pack of stray dogs, whom devour the wares later that evening.

The Following Day...

A mobile Real-Meal establishment rolls into Hyde Park. With the competition... removed from the picture, costumers flock to the stand to fill their belly and quench their thirst.

Real Meal's share of London's food supply, and its profits are rising exponentially. With this new Capital, Real Meal seeks to add an R&D department to its operation, whereby they would analyze how asteroids could be potentially converted to food.

Minor advancements

Major advancements
Establish laboratory: -3 capital, + lab

Total: 1 labs

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Wed May 02, 2018 7:23 am

(No fluff for now)
The Greater Russian Union
Raise Government Bond: +5 Capital

Taxation: Russia, Ruthenia, Okhotsk, Kazakhstan Regions Taxed. +15 Capital, 2- Public Opinion.

Resources: 8 Public Opinion, 20 Capital
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Wed May 02, 2018 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Wed May 02, 2018 7:32 am

Astros Reach Co. HQ

It was a new day in Houston, Texas, which was spared from the nukes, but suffered from other disasters, like hurricanes and climate change, as well as deterioration of society. However, they also managed to built a sea wall. Meanwhile, the CEO of the company, George Jenner, was now waking up, before preparing for the day, by bathing, wearing a clothing, which was a business suit, and eating a breakfast. He soon walked to the office of his company, Astro Reach Co, which was guarded by about ten guards, protecting it from criminals. There, he read the reports of the company's recent conditions.

It wasn't good. Recently, he had to gave up most of his spaceship fleet to other companies, just to save Astros Reach Co. from bankruptcy, which started to happen a year ago. He also had to sell his production facility and lab. All of this saved his company, but this came at the cost of Astros Reach Co. having to nearly start from zero, with only few money and two spaceships for tourism, as well as a single reuseable rocket, that was rented for two years. Now, Astros Reach Co.'s status was a minor corporation.

At his office, he met his secretary, a woman named Diana Keller. She was the secretary of the company, and as old as the CEO. She had just walked into the office after George finished reading the reports of the company's current condition. She soon greeted George, and George greeted her back, before he talked to her about what she must do. George ordered her to call the company's investors, to gave the company a much needed cash boost to help it stay afloat and grow.

An hour later, this was done. The investors agreed to invest in Astro Reach Co., especially after some convincing about how their investment would give them a lot of money if they saved this company. George then ordered the money to be invested to buying back the lab that he had to sell a year ago. He was going to use it for business research, as well as research about something that extremely interested him, the Jumpdrive

Establish a lab: +1 lab

0 capital, 1 lab, 0 brigades,0 factory
Last edited by The Federation of Kendor on Wed May 02, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Steir
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Steir » Wed May 02, 2018 9:12 am

Klaus Emberston, Acting Director of Ragnorov Heavy Industries and Chief Shipwright of the only Yard in their control, glanced over the schematics sent to him by Mekis One, Chairman of the Blue Sky Conglomerate which pretty much controlled the corp politics of the Landsraad Hegemony. The schematics outlined a single vessel, a cargo hauler designed to remain in orbit indefinitely after leaving the surface on a chemical rocket. A quartet of fission-powered engines would provide orbital power, and the vast majority of its mass was dedicated to asteroid mining equipment and mineral storage. A first generation (though he scoffed at himself, currently it was the only jumpdrive type, and would likely remain that way for a while) jumpdrive was fitted in the engineering compartment. Overall, it was a crude, rudimentary design done by a firm with little experience in the art of orbital design. It showed. Nonetheless, he turned his attention back towards the flickering face of Mekis One.

"It seems to be a deal, though I have a minor condition, nothing at all, really. Just a public announcement that the vessel was designed with consultation by RHI, other than that, all your aforementioned terms are satisfactory. We'll redirect our efforts immediately, assuming that these terms are acceptable to you?"

Off-screen, the tired looking shipwright waved aggressively at his senior technician--Skovich--to go get his men to dust off the Boneyard's fab and design systems which had been hastily looted from their previous home in New Warsaw. It took several moments of embarrassing charades and a few irritated hisses and grunts to get the message across. Skovich nodded and thumped his way out of the chaotic office. Several minutes later, the bellowing of an angry fat man could be heard throughout the compound as he galvanized his technicians and engineers into action.
Shy's Ausozera/II Guy

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed May 02, 2018 2:06 pm

The Happy Farm Milk Company
The Maldives

The Milkman sat in his desk, looking out at his small field of cows and goats. They gently chewed the grass and swallowed it, occasionally looking up to gaze around at the surrounding landscape, a field surrounded by tall trees that blocked the field from view. It was a peaceful day on their beautiful island home, and he knew exactly what was going on across the island, because people on this island did what he told them. They loved their lives, drinking his Happy Milk and working for him. They didn't even have to do much, just tell him if anything changed. And if it did, they got to live in his farm house, in a lovely basement flat below the main house, filled with such luxuries as titanium blast doors, walls made of three metres of solid concrete, and a video surveillance system. Everyone on this island loved him, because he made their lives Happy, and all they had to do was drink his milk.

There was a knock on the door, and his wife opened the door, a wide smile on her face. Her eyes were glazed over and she droned, introducing his visitors.

"Hello, darling. The investors are here."

"Ah yes, good. Bring them in."

"Of course. Darling."

His wife, in a robotic manner, ushers two women and a man inside. She then reaches for a pitcher of milk in the corner, on a stand in a bucket of ice, and pours three glasses for the men, handing one to each men. She then leaves the room.

"Hello, I am The Milkman and this is my farm."

The investors sit, looking unsure. One of the women, a tall blonde with faint freckles across her nose and warm brown eyes from Toru International, carefully takes a sip of the milk. Her eyes brighten for a moment and she drinks more. The man, a tall Kenyan from Giher Corp, and the other woman, a small Japanese woman from the Yama Group, watch in horror as the blonde woman gulps down the milk, two small streams pouring down the side of her face.

"Miss Brennan . . . are you okay?" The man, with a thick Kenyan accent, puts a hand on the woman's shoulder. Ah. Potential lovers, perhaps? He will be able to find out more when they are all under control. The blond woman begins to slightly smile, wiping the excess milk from around her face.

"Oh, my, I am so sorry, I'm not sure what came over me. Oke . . . erm, Mr. Kamau, you simply must try this milk, it is the best I think I've ever had."

Mr. Kamau furrows his brow but brings the milk to his lips as the Japanese woman places her milk beside her chair on the floor. The man's eyes widen but he does not guzzle the milk down, obviously restraining himself to reasonable pace. In the next few seconds his glass is empty.

"You were absolutely right, Miss Brennan. Dr. Tanaka, this milk is delicious."

The short woman, her lustrous black hair in a bob, shakes her head. "Many apologies, but I am afraid I am lactose intolerant. I am merely here to gain samples for the Yama Group to asses if this company is worth our investment."

The Milkman chuckles, his eyes crinkling around the corners. A more astute observer, if they had reason to be suspicious, would perhaps notice the coldness in the man's eyes. One might also notice, over the next few minutes as he presents the investors with information, as the eyes of Miss Brennan and Mr. Kamau begin to glaze over, vacant smiles forming over their face. Dr. Tanaka was one such astute observer, but for her it was too late.

--- 12 Minutes Later ---

" . . . is why the profits are set to rise quarterly. Any questions?"

"Yes. Mister . . . Milkman, what exactly is going on here?"

The Milkman continues to smile and leans forward, his teeth glinting in the light and his eyes wide. His face is the picture of kindness but there is an emptiness underneath it, something she hadn't seen before. "Why don't we discuss this over some milk?"

"I believe I will be leaving now. Miss Brennan? Mr. Kamau?" The Doctor turns to her fellow investors but quickly realises it is too late.

The two other investors turn towards her, their eyes glazed and a peaceful and content expression on their face. "Why would we leave when we are so happy?" Their voices speak as one, droning. The Doctor is startled, but she has seen enough horror movies to know that it is time to run. With great haste she sprints for the door and opens it, attempting to get through, but hits and falls down in front of the Milkman's wife, who wears an expression similar to that of the two investors. They begin to speak as one, three voices droning the final words Dr. Tanaka would ever hear.

"Have some milk. You'll be happier."

Solicit Investors: +3 Capital

Establish Laboratory: -3 Capital, +Lab
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Wed May 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Barely even bothering to disguise her relief, Xueyun Jian leaned back in her chair and sighed.

"...and that's the last of our finance reports. Which brings us to the final item on our agenda: the, ah, discretionary projects."

The former heiress and most recent matriarch of the Jian family was tired. She really was - nobody doubted her skill or conviction to her job, but being forced to sit through dozens and dozens of annual statements would wear out anybody. It was one of the few downsides to the Yama Group's esoteric structure, but at least they had finally arrived at her favorite topic. She glanced around the table to make sure the other ten directors were still alert before lightly tapping a couple buttons on the tablet in front of her. The screen shifted to a detailed schematic of their recently acquired jumpdrive, as did those of everyone else.

Without prompting, the head of Kappa Heavy Construction stood up and made his way to the front of the room. Short and sturdily built, his frame didn't command much attention but every eye on the room was fixed on him nonetheless. Everyone, of course, was eager to find out whether or not Blue Sky's absurd bombshell actually worked or not.

"I am sure," he began, "that you all find this as incredible as I do. We have tested it beyond a shadow of a doubt, and the jump drive works." He paused. "In fact, I would almost say that it works too well. The design is flawless. We managed to integrate the drive into our preexisting rocket systems with barely a week of effort - the system is just short of being fully modular. I daresay anyone could master the drive, given a year at most. Most of our competitors likely have prototypes already, and it is patently obvious that Blue Sky has held onto this technology for far longer than they let on...but that is all unsubstantiated."

Xueyun considered his words. It was certainly rather likely that Blue Sky was up to something, but there wasn't much they could do about that at the moment. As for competition...well, they could handle that like usual. She gestured for him to continue.

"As it stands, We have successfully launched a jump drive into orbit and, by charging it with the main booster engines, succeeded in placing it in orbit around the moon. Unfortunately, solar panels do not supply anywhere near enough energy to charge the drive, so right now payloads are strictly one way. Now that we know it works, however, we will proceed with plans to integrate a nuclear reactor into the design. A fully manned spacecraft is a few months out, at worst."

With that, he sat back down and the room temporarily lapsed into silence. Eventually, Xueyun leaned forwards and spoke...

"Well, gentlemen - it looks like we all know what we have to do."

New Research(+2 Innovation, -1 Capital) - minor
Exploit Asteroids(+10 Capital, +10 Industry, -2 Innovation) - Major

Corporate Assets: 19 Capital, 10 Industry
North China - Factory, Mercenary
South China - Factory, Mercenary
Japan - Lab
Corporate HQ as of yet undetermined
(assuming I can build in neutral zones)
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed May 02, 2018 4:00 pm

A smile crinkled the edges of Andrei's gray eyes, the wrinkles of a life lived burning the candle at both ends perhaps catching up to him.

"Certainly. I'll prep a press release to that effect once we take delivery, Master Emberston. The entire world will be looking to the stars in these coming months, and I doubt you will see any shortage of work. Indeed, our own shipyard is quite busy as it is, or we wouldn't be outsourcing to you folks- but Ragnorov's reputation is impressive, and, as they say, many hands make light the work."

The Chairman's eyes flickered away from the holoimage for a moment, taking in a soft amber light that pulsed on a nearby comms console.

"It appears I am needed elsewhere. I'll have a contract sent over to your people first thing tomorrow, along with the transfer of the funds. A pleasure, Chief Shipwright."

After the last formalities of the cessation of the transmission, a curt gesture of Mekis' hand caused the holoprojection to wink out. It was time to attend a ceremony, one he hadn't had to attend for some years now.

A few strides over to the elevator of the spire, the secret passage that ran from the highest eyries of the needle overlooking Capetown's exquisite vistas to the endless warrens burrowed beneath her sprawling industrial complexes. State of the art, of course, expensive enough to consume ten thousand worker's wages for years if they had sought to afford such luxury themselves. But that was capitalism, at the end of the day. As long as the shareholders were happy, and the Landsraad was happy, Chairman Teuling was quite confident he would be riding this elevator until the day he died.

It was little less than a minute before it came to rest at the level of the ceiling of one of the vast complexes of the Conglomerate operations here in South Africa. It looked like nothing so much as a field of concrete, barely unbroken save for the odd vent or entryway; a Blue Sky asset, here in use by the forces of the Hegemony. An academic distinction most of the time, but one which kept the rabblerousers in the Landsraad from having too much ammunition to throw at the spending totals.

Today, of course, was different than most days. On the field of smooth polished white stone thousands of men and women stood at attention, their slate-gray dress fatigues and shiny obsidian details blending into the urban landscape almost as well as those of a predator would in a wild jungle. He stepped out from the elevator, nodding to an older man in the uniform of a military commandant, and then climbed a short distance to a platform as practiced huzzahs echoed across the plaza.

A short speech, full of platitudes, but some sincerity. The new conscripts might have preferred to serve their term of national service as bureaucrats or flunkies, but the state had need of them elsewhere, inside machines of war and with rifles in their hands. It was a shattered world, a disorganized world, but the Hegemony could be the order that would re-assemble it. They had to be. As the Chairman spoke he smiled at the floating drones broadcasting the Founding Ceremony across the nation- the Hegemonics were nothing if not patriotic, and a field of seemingly unbreakable military might made even his cynical heart feel a bit larger in his chest. The public would lap it up, and that was good, because more of their sons and daughters would soon wear these uniforms too.

Majors:
Blue Sky: Establish Laboratory (-3 Capital, +Lab [South Africa])
0 Innovation, 16 Capital, 10 Industry, 2 Labs, 2 Factories, 2 Mercenaries
Hegemony: Propaganda (+10 Public Opinion, -5 Capital)
11 Public Opinion, 10 Capital, 3 Battalions
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Wed May 02, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Thu May 03, 2018 1:31 am

OOC: I'm writing the below post with the permission of Harkback Union

London

The stray dogs, after eating the sausages that were supposed to be used for the hot dogs, started to eat the dead body of the man. This made the job of Real Meat easier, since the man was strangled with a garrotte, and thus, this meant that wound and marks on the skin and throat would be destroyed by the teeth and digestive system of the dog. Few minutes later, the man was now reduced to a skeleton and the hairs on the head. The dog soon walked out, and an hour later, with people still not noticing the body, the rats eat the rest of the meaty parts.

At the middle of the night, a policeman was walking, as he was on a mission to patrol the area for any criminals. He saw something in the bush when he reached Hyde Park, something white. He soon looked at the object closer, before realizing, in horror, on what it was. It was the body of the man, now reduced to the skeleton and hairs. The police call the department, and soon, in ten minutes, the police arrived here, taping the area. The ambulance would later brought the body.

However, an incident happened at the area. While the police was investigating the place along with two others, the same stray dogs that ate the man attacked a police. The police, surprised by that, tried to fight the dogs. However, the dogs bited and swallowed a part of the police's leg. He was soon overwhelmed and the dogs killed him. Of course, there were polices nearby in the area, but the dogs were simply too fast, and what the victim didn't see, was that the polices had to shot other stray dogs, distracting them. The dogs, after killing and starting to eat the police, were quickly shot down. Despite of this, however, it did it harm Real Meal or their potential location tomorrow.
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

Higher Japan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Thu May 03, 2018 5:56 am

Britannia Weapons Corporation

"Mrs CEO, we have the reports from the new tests of the designs that had been uploaded..." An officer of the Britannia's Armed Private military core, the Fist of Britannia, reported towards her. Looking at the data, Josefa carefully reviewed the data that had just come in to her table. The desk itself was one of the corporations various side ventures, office desks that were designed for the new age. It was a smart table as the company liked to call it, able to receive data automatically from other system terminals and could display it in holographic form. Simulations could also be run through holographic form and calls could be accepted as well. Of course, it was a commercial failure. However, it was later modified to only receive data from internal Britannia terminals and found great use from within.

"The jump drive works. We've managed to launch another satellite into orbit using it and we've so far established it in orbit around this planet in record time. However, it did cost us most of our energy in the launch site, and the area is still within a blackout. We'll need a lot of power clearly for this drive, so far the only site able to power such a system and still be able to even keep any of it's emergency generators working is our site in Birmingham. However, right now our London Factories combined should be able to put another one out within the next few weeks or so. However, Pandora's Box is still being under research. They should be done within the next fortnight."

After finishing his report, he bowed out as he turned around before Josefa continued reviewing it. The Satellite was just to act as a test, within the next few weeks they would've already lost the satellite to gravity, but no matter. Pandora's Box...the very item that brought death to the world, was bound to be in their hands. Once it was opened, there was no more future with the drive, there will be no more life, no more humanity.
We don't use NS stats
Mod warning counter:
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu May 03, 2018 2:18 pm

The oddity of the century for the nobility of the region, was for all the change brought about over the centuries, displays of wealth were remarkably similar to that of years ago. This was brought to light when you look at the hunting lodge of Năm Cam, where he was presently enjoying some imported chocolates and cigars with two of his wives. A rather quaint wooden manor, made of dark timber and built upon a Rocky Hill as to dominate the valley below, it was possibly the most quiet one could get in this overcrowded and deforested world. As he was gazing out into the Misty forest below, the rain's rather ashy content making his view distorted with a sort of unnatural haze, that his tender peace was disturbed by a quiet knock at the door. He quickly shooed his wives out of the room to put their clothes on, while he stood and greeted the black-clad men awaiting him outside the door.

One week from their meeting, and the new 'investors' had their first payments made. In reperation for a remarkably large ammount of the overly devalued pan-Indochinan currency, a group of armed thugs were sent to keep the peace at a factory in southern China, who's laborers had taken to the streets to demand compensation for the frequent accidents that occured in the steelyards, and a recent uptick in hours without overtime pay thanks to increased need for steel and processed aluminum in the construction of spacecraft. Such an event... Did not survive too long. Upon the strikers assembly, tear gas and rubber bullets quickly dispersed the crowd. Those who vainly attempted to stay in the area and simply flee to nearby allies was met with baseball bats and heels of rubber boots. By the end of the day every door had atleast one if not two men standing outside of the steelyards entrances, and a wounded, defeated workforce crawled back inside, their spirits crushed. Soon the goons would be used to ensure frequent payment by the owners was now done regularly, every penny. The hired guns turn out to be just as much a danger as a tool.

Minor Corp. Actions
-Sought new Investors
Major Corp. Actions
-Build Laboratory

0 Capital 0 Industry 0 Might 0 Factories 1 Labs 0 Innovation
Last edited by Saxony-Brandenburg on Fri May 04, 2018 10:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 03, 2018 3:14 pm

February, 2120

Out here, in the Namibian Desert, the nearest town was two hours drive away, and that suited the inhabitants of Site Omicron-Spinwards perfectly. Too much light meant worse readings. Too many interlopers meant having to deal with a permanent security presence, due to the nature of their work. Neither was a problem when the array was brought online, though it did occasionally fry the odd bird that ventured to close to the focal point of the apparatus. The splendid isolation of the vast complex that was Omicron-Spinwards was far more of an asset than it was a detriment. Some complaints were raised at times about the lack of quality family housing in the area, but those were mostly accounts of minor inconvenience more than genuine ire.

Thus when the Chairman visited, breaking that splendid isolation in order to observe the first opening of the new focusing aperture, Omicron-Spinwards resembled nothing so much as an anthill kicked on its side. The black-coated security teams that swarmed over the campus caused much disruption in the daily laid-back schedules of the scientists and ivory-tower intellectuals that stared at the stars, and the price of grey-market luxuries from distant urban centers spiked dramatically. Men who had been quietly working on passion projects for months were suddenly to be found in the main interpretation laboratories, pouring studiously over documents that they would have dismissed as of utilitarian value mere days before. All this amused the Chairman when he arrived at Omicron-Spinwards, but it was hardly unexpected.

Besides, as long as they got results, Mekis hardly minded that some of the eggheads out here in the desert spent their time frivolously. Sites Omicron-Spinwards and Aleph-Downsides were rapidly becoming the heart of Blue Sky's financial portfolio, simply because of the importance of the reams of data they pumped into central command every week. Asteroid mining had been the first application of the Jumpdrive that the Conglomerate had concieved of, and it was turning out to be fantastically lucrative. Earth's rare metal and mineral supplies had been ravaged over the centuries, and many of the most productive sources still lay in hot zones from the nuclear exchanges of the past. To obtain megatons of valuable cadmium and lithium at the mere cost of shuttling it down from orbit was not a business opportunity to be passed up.

And that was why the new aperture here at Spinwards was so important. Next to the Chairman the lead scientist, a weedy man named Yuri Zukhilov, donned his mirrored sunglasses, and Andrei did likewise. Most of the pulse of the assessment array was set off in the non-visible spectrum, of course, due to atmospheric attenuation, but safety first. It was impressive, a solar system worth of information condensed down from orbit via information laser, guiding the mining drones a million kilometers hence to their targets, the most lucrative asteroids in the remains of that dead planet which had once stood between Mars and the Outer Planets.

But it worked. And that was good enough for the Chairman.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Fri May 04, 2018 1:13 pm

Site Proposal for Project no. 4719

Description: This former U.S government facility is the perfect location for a secret research facility. Although it is extremely remote, the area surrounding the site has been filled with extensive infrastructure. Likewise, the facility itself, having been built to withstand earthquakes and thousands of years, is in an almost pristine condition. The only significant renovations required would be to the facility's outdated computer and electrical systems - and, of course, the installation of modern research equipment. Furthermore, the nuclear waste stored inside the facility could serve as a ready fuel supply should a set of modern breeder reactors be installed to refine it. The site is outside the borders of any major power, is extremely remote, and is virtually impregnable in the case of a direct assault. Given a conservative estimate, the facility could be made operational within a month.

Major Advancement - Establish Laboratory, Southern Rockies
Corporate Assets: 16 Capital, 10 Industry
North China - Factory, Mercenary
South China - Factory, Mercenary
Japan - Lab
Southern Rockies - Lab
Corporate HQ as of yet undetermined
(assuming I can build in neutral zones)
Last edited by The Burning Sun on Sat May 05, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri May 04, 2018 1:23 pm

PARDON OUR PROGRESS - POST COMING SOON!
INDIA - POWER

Raise Bonds: +5 Capital

Propaganda: +10 Public Opinion, -5 Capital

Public Opinion: 20
Capital: 0
Innovation: 0
Might: 2
Last edited by Auphelia on Fri May 04, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Fri May 04, 2018 2:20 pm

Deep in the slums of Hue, Veitnam.

There was a particular rundown office building in the concrete jungle of the city, which had structural integrity and privacy in mind with it's design. Built with minimal entrypoints, no ground floor windows, and a substantial basement now filled with the homeless, attempting to find respite from the rains and filth- it was the perfect place for the syndicate to set up their 'RnD Branch'. And in many ways it was, an RnD operation, just... With added things. Nam Cham's brother was spearheading a push into hacking, which was thought to be incredibly lucrative, or so he theorized, if they were able to gain control over some of the outdated, (But still working) mining drones left adrift in the astroid belt. And so it was meant to be.

Clearing the building was short work for the syndicate's men. All that needed to be done was send a few men inside with water hoses and police batons, and the vagrants quickly deserted the building. Soon after, construction and cleanup crews were brought in, and the equipment and supplies to manufacture drugs on a small scale traded hands in the open. Atop The building a massive mast was hauled aloft- a system was set up to connect with these drones, while an entire floor below it was dedicated to data mining and hacking on a large scale. Although costing an incredible ammount of money, (they had stopped counting at some point), it was predicted the potential gains would make up for it threefold. It was simply an ammount of time.
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Higher Japan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Fri May 04, 2018 7:33 pm

Britannia Research and Development Labs

"...as such, that concludes our report on the first version of Pandora's Box. Any questions?" The board of Directing Scientists sat in silence, looking at each other in fear and amazement. What had they done. "Well, considering the status of the virus, how long before this thing becomes an ordinance. Better yet, are you sure it even infects humans?" One asked as the Head Director of the Pandora Project simply smiled, looking towards the screen as he pulled up another video. "Please take a look at this sir, this is the first version of Pandora's Box." A video came up, starting originally with a man in a white room isolated completely.

Starting out, the man laid down on the floor, in a strait jacket completely as he began to cough, while also sneezing everywhere, disgusting as all hell was a good way to describe it. "This is the first few days of infection, and following that." The next video would show him banging against the padded white door, screaming to be let free. There were some red splats along the walls of the room. "And for the final stage." The last item was not a video but a picture, as the man laid dead in a pool of blood from his orifices and his piss and shit. "The virus works, although it isn't good enough. Now, if i could just get your signatures to further the project." Holding a virtual document up, the directors looked down and read it carefully as they nodded to each other, before signing the document. Project: Pandora could now move forward.

Major advancements:
-Establish Lab: -3 capital, +1 lab

Resources: 7 capital, 2 factories, 3 labs, 2 mecernaries
We don't use NS stats
Mod warning counter:

Dragos Bee
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Dragos Bee » Sat May 05, 2018 12:39 am

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland under Democratic Confederalism

People all across Great Britain and Ireland race to buy Government Bonds issued by the Regional Assemblies at the behest of the Federal Parliament, even as the main force in British politics, the Democratic Union Party of Britain, court the local politicians and the common people who elect said politicians. The political and financial capital is saved for a rainy day; today, letters are sent to Britannia Weapons Corporation and the Yama Group, telling them that a Laboratory from a Minor Corporation would be up for sale...whether the latter likes it or not.

This Minor Corporation, Real Meal Incorporated, has violated both the policy against Illegal Practices (namely undermining other enterprises with violence) and the law on providing compensation to the public for every major private holding within Britain. The answer to such an affront would be to seize all of its assets in one fell swoop, though only after isolating its position in the corporate sphere. Thus, the planned auction of the Laboratory.

One fine morning, Real Meal Industries' mobile establishment in Hyde Park would be attacked by British Mounted Police, as well as its Main Branch in London. The arrests made are swift and ruthless, and any member of Real Meal's leadership who could not escape in time would be put in prison. A notice would soon be put up on paper IRL and on the Internet; a Laboratory facility will be put up for auction by the United Kingdom under DemCon for any Corporation who can muster the proper payment, either in money or scientific data.

Raise Bonds: +5 Capital.

Sieze Assets: +1 Laboratory; as Powers cannot use Laboratories, said Lab will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.

+5 Capital.
+10 Public Opinion
+0 Innovation
+2 Might (2 Brigades)
Last edited by Dragos Bee on Sat May 05, 2018 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sorry for my behavior, P2TM.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat May 05, 2018 6:46 am

March 12th, 2120

It was night when the operation began. Dragonslayer was what PR boys were calling it, a chivalrous name for a self-serving agenda, the news spinning the intervention in the Bozinate of Niger and beyond as a humanitarian campaign to lift poor populations out of squalor and desperation. They didn't see the black tanks in mottled digital camouflage that was emblematic of the Conglomerate rolling across the borders, or the devastation left in the wake of the air-raids on the Shoru Palace near Jurwas, or see the chemical clouds over Da-Agabed. Not that Commandant Breeks minded seeing those things. They spoke of a campaign well coordinated, of a plan set in motion to minimize casualties and maximize outlays.

The mercenaries bore the brunt of the fighting, of course. Conscripts or not, professionals or not, it was one thing to send contractors to their deaths, another to send Hegemonics. Ma and pa in Pretoria would be sadder when they had to bury Johnny Farmer-Lad than when the war-tax hit their utility bills by 20%. No that there was a whole lot of bearing to do either way, really; though the nominal boots-on-ground assessment of warparties in the lower Sahel was roughly equivalent to the Landsraad's deployable force, they lacked the elements of manuever and cohesion that defined a modern army on campaign. Mostly tech from the last century, M4s and even older Soviet vehicles competing with modern reactive armor and airpower.

It was all over in two weeks, those forces which would have resisted scattered and discarded, and the Landsraad voting only too happily to integrate the regions seized across Africa "for the duration", whatever that meant. There were bodybags headed back to civilized lands, sure, but far fewer than Breeks or the bigwigs at the Conglomerate had feared. And that meant the public loved the war. Nothing like a good martial operation to keep the plebs happy.

Hegemony: Invasion (Sahel) w/Conglomerate Assistance | 5 Might vs 3 Might, 1.8 Casualties vs 3 Casualties, Sahel conquered, 1 Conglomerate Mercenary lost
11 Public Opinion, 10 Capital, 3 Battalions
Blue Sky: Establish Laboratory (South Africa) | -3 Capital
0 Innovation, 13 Capital, 10 Industry, 3 Labs, 2 Factories, 1 Mercenaries

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sat May 05, 2018 7:53 am

Houston, Texas

In the HQ of the Astro Reach Corp., the reviving corporation was now trying to seek a power that was willing to host them and accept their service, which would give Astro Reach profit in return. CEO George Jenner was now reading the latest posts. Reports from the lab brought results, both on business, as well as aerospace. In fact, the corporation was now trying to construct the Jumpdrive.

However, despite this being March, there were still no investors, or other opportunities to increase the condition of the corporation, only researching and contacting another corporations or powers. However, CEO George soon had an idea. Yesterday, he read about GRU's potential for aerospace companies, and seeing the great potential, decided to contact them, today. He reached for the telephone, telephoning the people on GRU in charge of the aerospace program if the country, as well as the Ministry that handled the business.
My Dispatch

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sat May 05, 2018 9:11 am

Dragos Bee wrote:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland under Democratic Confederalism

People all across Great Britain and Ireland race to buy Government Bonds issued by the Regional Assemblies at the behest of the Federal Parliament, even as the main force in British politics, the Democratic Union Party of Britain, court the local politicians and the common people who elect said politicians. The political and financial capital is saved for a rainy day; today, letters are sent to Britannia Weapons Corporation and the Yama Group, telling them that a Laboratory from a Minor Corporation would be up for sale...whether the latter likes it or not.

This Minor Corporation, Real Meal Incorporated, has violated both the policy against Illegal Practices (namely undermining other enterprises with violence) and the law on providing compensation to the public for every major private holding within Britain. The answer to such an affront would be to seize all of its assets in one fell swoop, though only after isolating its position in the corporate sphere. Thus, the planned auction of the Laboratory.

One fine morning, Real Meal Industries' mobile establishment in Hyde Park would be attacked by British Mounted Police, as well as its Main Branch in London. The arrests made are swift and ruthless, and any member of Real Meal's leadership who could not escape in time would be put in prison. A notice would soon be put up on paper IRL and on the Internet; a Laboratory facility will be put up for auction by the United Kingdom under DemCon for any Corporation who can muster the proper payment, either in money or scientific data.

+5 Capital.
+10 Public Opinion
+0 Innovation
+2 Might (2 Brigades)

TO: Prime Ministers Christopher DeWitt and Sylvia Occalan of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland under Democratic Confederalism
SUBJECT: Auction of Property formerly belonging to REAL MEAL Ltd.

Greetings, honored Ministers of Britain,

Although we cannot help but condemn your callous disregard for the sanctity of private property, we at Higan Pharmaceuticals would nevertheless like to submit a bid for the laboratory your government has recently acquired. Our offer is thus: 7 Capital, quietly transferred to an account of your choosing. We will, of course, abide by your laws and regulations once we have taken control of the facility. We intend to establish a testing and production line for our newest series of chemotherapeutic agents. Preliminary results suggest a 15% increase in effectiveness over the current market standard, as well as a 60% drop in unintended side effects. This drug is already in significant demand; we hope that by acquiring this lab we will be able to move into full production. Of course, we would naturally offer the host government of our production facility priority access and a significant discount. This deal is beneficial for the both of us, so we urge you to accept with haste and make this advancement available to the world.

Thank you for your consideration,
Higan Pharmaceuticals Board of Directors
Last edited by The Burning Sun on Sat May 05, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse