NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONED DRAFT] Proper Food Production Management Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

He Qixin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby He Qixin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:16 pm

Any remarks?
jacknjellify wrote:Watch Battle For Dream Island or be eliminated.

According to this index, this civilization is:
Tier: 8
Level: 5
Type: 6
A 9 civilization because I lean more towards it.

This nation is always used to post in the forums unless the forum is the WA, for which I use Triangle and Square, a WA member, to post.

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:32 pm

OOC: I still don't see any Environmental effect; and it looks to me as though the entire thing does nothing.

Clause 1 is a definition of a phrase which is never again used in the proposal.

Clause 2 simply duplicates GA Res. #64, which already tasks WAFDRA with that precise mandate, only in more detail.

Clause 3 gives no powers which WA states and their inhabitants did not already have.

Clause 4 is pointless, since common sense dictates they do so anyway, and to the extent it doesn't (e.g. because it's cheaper to use less safe processes), the national inspection regime as overseen by WAFDRA should catch it.

Clause 5 is so vague as to be useless. WAFDRA and national authorities are already watching them by way of regulations and inspections; if you mean they ought to be kept under constant video surveillance, you need to be way more explicit.

CONCLUSION: This proposal is illegal as written for a category violation and for not actually placing a mandate on member states.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

He Qixin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby He Qixin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:46 pm

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:Clause 1 is a definition of a phrase which is never again used in the proposal.

Clause 2 simply duplicates GA Res. #64, which already tasks WAFDRA with that precise mandate, only in more detail.

Clause 3 gives no powers which WA states and their inhabitants did not already have.

Clause 4 is pointless, since common sense dictates they do so anyway, and to the extent it doesn't (e.g. because it's cheaper to use less safe processes), the national inspection regime as overseen by WAFDRA should catch it.

Clause 5 is so vague as to be useless. WAFDRA and national authorities are already watching them by way of regulations and inspections; if you mean they ought to be kept under constant video surveillance, you need to be way more explicit.

I've made an attempt to address those problems. Any more?
jacknjellify wrote:Watch Battle For Dream Island or be eliminated.

According to this index, this civilization is:
Tier: 8
Level: 5
Type: 6
A 9 civilization because I lean more towards it.

This nation is always used to post in the forums unless the forum is the WA, for which I use Triangle and Square, a WA member, to post.

He Qixin 2
Envoy

Founded: Nov 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby He Qixin 2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:08 am

still abandoning this draft. not worth submitting.
"TNP is the best of the best! Or should I say, elite!" -jacknjellify

OOC: I just love puns so much.

Pun Of The Day: Iceland is such an ICE-olated isLAND!

Pun Counter: 22

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:09 am

He Qixin 2 wrote:still abandoning this draft. not worth submitting.

OOC: If you submit after saying that, you'll prove yourself to be a liar. Again. That's not good for your reputation and future career around here. Not that you haven't already pretty much destroyed it as is.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Previous

Return to General Assembly