NATION

PASSWORD

Oldest Nations in NS

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:34 am

Abbicallium wrote:
Katganistan wrote:I'm old. Reploid Productions is older. Your post needs beefing up because there's really no discussion set up.

:rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:eyebrow: It wasn't that funny and excessive smileys is spam. Don't do it.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:38 pm

Like many, I first heard about this game from a friend. This was probably in March or April of this year. I since have told others about this game.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Oldest Nations in NS

Postby Yohannes » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Luna Amore wrote:Well here's the earliest screen cap of NS I think we have. 16 nations. Small world: https://www.nationstates.net/images/earlyns.png

My Lord Saint Maxtopia! The Commonwealth of New Zealand! Whoever he/she was I hope I know him/her in real life so I can ask for his/her permission to resurrect his/her nation :D
Shouldn't probably say that here what with all the NationStates moderators posting here...
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Toronina
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Toronina » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:Well here's the earliest screen cap of NS I think we have. 16 nations. Small world: https://www.nationstates.net/images/earlyns.png

My Lord Saint Maxtopia! The Commonwealth of New Zealand! Whoever he/she was I hope I know him/her in real life so I can ask for his/her permission to resurrect his/her nation :D
Shouldn't probably say that here what with all the NationStates moderators posting here...

I don't think it's against the rules to take a nation with someones permission. Ive already mentioned multiple times in the past Toronina was once my siblings nation before they quickly got sick of NS and gave it to me, and I've never really been asked about it.
Now I'm back in the ring to take another swing

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:41 pm

I had the ability to be one of the oldest, but I failed to return to this website soon enough. The Jolt era, so vastly different.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005

Postby The Lone Alliance » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Switzo-Polish Republic wrote:
The Lone Alliance wrote:To me anyone who didn't remember the horror that was Nationstates 2 and the Jolt era is a newbie.

I feel,like an elder on NS, but I am but a mere child. And, forgive me if I ask, but what is NS2?

A dream that became a nightmare that became an Abomination and then mercifully was killed.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Gibet
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gibet » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:10 pm

I've been around for a while, off and on. Certainly not the oldest, though. And compared to some of our newer nations, I've done very little in the way of furthering NS.

Folks just tend to grow up, or lose interest, or get far too busy with RL--as I often have.
Gott Mit Uns!

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Toronina wrote:I don't think it's against the rules to take a nation with someones permission. Ive already mentioned multiple times in the past Toronina was once my siblings nation before they quickly got sick of NS and gave it to me, and I've never really been asked about it.

Oh wow awesome! Then I guess now the hard part is tracking down who owns New Zealand (and possibly... convince him/her to... hand it. To me nicely.) :evil: :twisted:
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:27 pm

I think I joined in 2012, cause I remember all the fucken Romney vs Obama shit going on at the time. I haven't really had a consistent account until this one, of course, in large part because I'm someone who gets bored very easily and also because sometimes RL gets insanely busy.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Toronina wrote:I don't think it's against the rules to take a nation with someones permission. Ive already mentioned multiple times in the past Toronina was once my siblings nation before they quickly got sick of NS and gave it to me, and I've never really been asked about it.

Oh wow awesome! Then I guess now the hard part is tracking down who owns New Zealand (and possibly... convince him/her to... hand it. To me nicely.) :evil: :twisted:

The Moderation Team very much discourages nation swapping or trading or gifting.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:37 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Yohannes wrote:

The Moderation Team very much discourages nation swapping or trading or gifting.

Oops sorry I promise I won't do it Farnhamia :D

Your information is wrong. See, now I got warned because of you. This is not fair. :?

But back on topic: What about Frisbeeteria? I heard once that Frisbeeteria was actually friends with Maxtopia? Is this true information or not?

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:03 pm

Major-Tom wrote:I think I joined in 2012, cause I remember all the fucken Romney vs Obama shit going on at the time. I haven't really had a consistent account until this one, of course, in large part because I'm someone who gets bored very easily and also because sometimes RL gets insanely busy.

Same, joined up in 2011 with my First Nation but other ever stuck until this nation.

God do I miss the utter insanity of 2012 II, best board at the time :P
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Pelagis
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pelagis » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:30 am

Thank you very much for post. I've found this picture as well, but after some research.... yeah, they're all history by now.
Testlandia or Unibot III might know something. If that didn't work, I might have to email Max for answers...

(The current existing New Zealand is a different one. A quick check at the boneyard reveals all)

Anarchitaria
Envoy

Founded: Sep 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Anarchitaria » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:45 am

e_e
Peter Kropotkin wrote, “We accustom ourselves and our children to hypocrisy, to the practice of a double-faced morality. And since the brain is ill at ease among lies, we cheat ourselves with sophistry. Hypocrisy and sophistry become the second nature of the civilized man. But a society cannot live thus; it must return to truth or cease to exist.” The Conquest of Bread (1892)

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:02 am

Anarchitaria wrote:Smilies

View more smilies
BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON
Topic review

Ah, yes, the legendary cease and desist letter.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General