NATION

PASSWORD

ASoIaF: Rubies on a Red Ford [OOC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

ASoIaF: Rubies on a Red Ford [OOC/Open]

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:02 am

Co-OPs: Krugmar

The year is 298 AC.

Despite the turmoil, insurrection, family feud and political realpolitik that has plagued their reign, the Targaryen Dynasty holds onto the Iron Throne. Their grip upon it has been drenched in iron and blood, but they hold it. Robert's Rebellion merely joins a long list of failed rebellions, cast aside as another family feud of a similar ilk of the Blackfyre rebellions. Westeros inhales in 15 years of relative peace under the son of the Mad King. King Rhaegar Targaryen, the First of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, sits on the Iron Throne in King's Landing. The Usurper died upon the Trident and his rebellion with it.

Long May Rhaegar Reign.

Rubies on a Red Ford throws us into a 'what-if' scenario, that the Rebellious forces of Robert's Rebellion were bested, through a series of mishaps prior to it, on the Trident. With Robert dead and resolve all but lost, a truce was reached within Riverrun. A truce that has defined the Westerosi political scene since. Canon is entirely based on Martin's novels and his other lore-historical works, especially the three canon books written by the Maesters, as far as we can take from them, at least. A lot of this is certainly going to be speculation, our own thoughts have gone into this scenario. You may disagree, but for this I ask you to please don't take it to heart: this is solely the idea of a few of us into an interesting scenario, its not a claim to be a "how this would have played out" and ultimately we seek to be creating a story.

The Background of the Premise
As per normal, Robert's rebellion and all preceding events take place. What changes however, was the war itself. It begins to diverge with the attitudes of Hoster Tully, who is suddenly caught in the cross-fire and procrastinates his decision to join Robert's cause when Lord Randyll Tarly bests Robert at Ashford, far more decisively than in the regular canon. Riverrun's 'neutrality' becomes central, in that Hoster never officially declares nor commits, but commits to "vocal and logistical" support for the cause. The Battle of the Bells occurs, as is valid, but Robert's escape and Connington's failure to decisively best Ned's forces once again causes Hoster to maintain a neutrality.

Rhaegar wins on the Battle of the Trident, cutting down Robert Baratheon in their personal duel, though the manner of which is debated. Some argue Rhaegar cut down Robert’s horse and then it kicked him unconscious into the river, where he drowned. Others state, nominally from the rebellious regions, that Rhaegar cheated and Barristan Selmy fought his way to the duel and cut down Robert from behind. Rhaegar himself maintains that he merely struck Robert during their duel, cutting him across the jugular with his sword. Robert fell, his blood running through the river and Rhaegar held his warhammer on the high. The rebellious forces broke, from the centre to its flanks, and the wounded Dornish flank rallied beneath Lewyn Martell and it broke Robert’s left flank in a decisive push. With the battle won, the remaining rebels having ordered a retreat back up the Trident to Riverrun, the Freys pledged their allegiance to House Targaryen. News arrived to Rhaegar that the Lannisters had done the same, and a force under Tywin Lannister was marching from the Golden Tooth to Riverrun, some 13,000 men - a healthy detachment of foot, supplemented by some 1,200 ~ knights. There are some rumours about what else that letter contained. When news arrived to King’s Landing, Aerys was said to have danced upon the steps to the Iron Throne. He tugged at Jaime’s white cloak and yelled that “My friend, Tywin, returns to me! Duskendale was not his doing! Your father, a valiant man - truly, truly!”

The rebellious forces, broken and battered - made a march for the neutral Riverrun whilst Arryn held the Gates of the Moon. Royalists at their east and south, Freys to their north and Lannisters to their west. Yet what arrived to Riverrun was not a rock from a trebuchet, but a raven in its splendour. A scroll, peace. They spat at the notion of peace, for Aerys was mad - Aerys had burned men alive and Rhaegar had kidnapped and raped Lyanna. Yet, this changed, for the weakened girl of Winterfell was brought aboard a horse to the gates of Riverrun. She beseeched the lords, that they behold Rhaegar had not harmed her. That she loved him. That there was no rape. Rhaegar, standing solemn in black armour, nodded and professed his love. Lewyn Martell is said to have shuddered, and many Dornishmen looked to their commander in confusion - for he had betrayed their Lady Elia.

They were promised freedom and to retain their holds; save for the Baratheons. They were promised reform by Rhaegar at that bank. Many called to the Lord Lannister atop his destrier behind the Prince and said he was proof Rhaegar would not change. Then begun a great confession; that Aerys was unfit - that Aerys was cruel and unkind and Aerys was to be removed. Yet with this outstretched hand came a closed fist, and Rhaegar mentioned that they could not allow the marriages arranged in some “southron ambitions” to take place. Lyanna showed her son, through Rhaegar, and with this the Dornish host left south - yet it moved the Lord of Winterfell “do it for me, Ned. Peace. Don’t let the realm bleed.” He struck down his banners and called for peace, and Hoster opened the gates. With their seals and signatures did they send this to Arryn, who too struck down his banners. Robert was dead, Lyanna was… ‘in love’, and Rhaegar had promised mercy - and that Aerys would not be getting ‘his peace’.

The royalists marched home to King’s Landing, with an assembled entourage of Northern and Riverlands ‘prisoners’ - the Lords. Rhaegar marched into the capital, with the Lord of Casterly Rock at his back, and the two - in a movement quick and decisive - had “The Mad King” detained, to be shipped off to Dragonstone. His pyromancer aimed to continue his orders, but was caught and the wildfire removed and stored again. And this was how Rhaegar ascended to be King of the Seven Kingdoms.

Tywin's Peace
  • Lord Paramount of the Stormlands was to fall to House Connington of Griffin’s Roost, now House Connington of Storm’s End.
  • Jaime Lannister was to be ‘relieved’ of his ‘vows’ by the king and became Tywin’s heir. To secure the ‘peace of the realm’, Catelyn Tully was married to Jaime Lannister. Ned Stark, now devoid of a betrothed, was to marry Cersei Lannister.
  • Benjen Stark and Lysa Tully were to be held as ‘wards’ at King’s Landing and Highgarden to keep the peace until ‘tensions subsided’. As of 287, both became 'free', with Benjen joining the Night's Watch and Lysa marrying into the Mallisters.
  • The infant Harrold Hardyng, said to be Jon Arryn’s ‘heir’ given the death of his sons, is to be warded at King’s Landing
  • House Darry receives some rewards in lands and wealth from its neighbouring, rebellious houses. It is seen as a counterweight to the 'untrusted' Tullys.

These are but its main points. It was, in general, not as tender as Robert's treatment to Lords who bowed before him - but it is nothing akin to a 'Brest-Litovsk' for the rebellious Westerosi lords.

Rhaegar's Reign, in Brief
  • Lyanna dies shortly after the peace proceedings and as a gesture of good will, Rhaegar allows her body to go north with Ned. He, however, keeps their infant son, named Viserys Targaryen.
  • Rhaegar detains his father, Aerys, on Dragonstone where he still lives, though is "close to death" as per the recent Maester's reports.
  • A Greyjoy Rebellion still happens, though Rhaegar's treatment of the rebellious Greyjoys is much worse than Robert's. "A Second Rebellion" is Rhaegar's ominous reference to it. In the ensuing crushing of it, the Greyjoys are all but obliterated (save for Asha Greyjoy, who becomes - and is - a ward of Ned Stark, Theon Greyjoy, sent to Highgarden and Maron Greyjoy remains at his uncle's hold in Ten Towers. To maintain familial links, Rhaegar appoints Rodrik Harlaw as "Lord Reaper of Pyke."
  • Rhaegar, obsessed with prophecy, has given the Night's Watch more attention and support. Randyll Tarly's recent declaration that he is sending his "first-born son to the wall" has been praised by Rhaegar heavily.
  • Despite the overall measures of peace and relative stability, there are tensions and definite resentments. Some lords in the Stormlands, Vale, Riverlands are underground Baratheon loyalists, in the North they sit in seclusion, mourning the sons who perished in the south, on the Iron Islands a very way of life is threatened by Rodrik and in Dorne resentment for Rhaegar's treatment of Elia spurns the fire within them every time she ventures south on her "trips". The Royal Household is fractured, merely plastered over with faint strokes in an attempt to make all seem normal. Yet despite all this, Rhaegar has maintained control. He has fulfilled his promises. And the smallfolk appear to love him as much as it is claimed.
  • The Wall is at 2,500 men and is preparing an excursion to reclaim Westwatch-by-the-bridge.

Rhaegar's Small Council
  • Tywin Lannister, Hand of the King.
  • Mace Tyrell, Master of Coin.
  • 'Lord' Varys, Master of Whispers.
  • Rodrik 'The Reader' Harlaw, Master of Ships (The most recent appointment, occurring but three years ago when Lord Velaryon requested to Rhaegar to be allowed to return home. It is also a move to "continentalise" the Iron Islands.)
  • Jon Connington, Master of Laws.
  • Ser Arthur Dayne, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.
  • Pycelle, Grand Maester.
  • Oberyn Martell, in the place of Doran.

The Kingsguard
  • Ser Arthur Dayne, Lord Commander.
  • Lewyn Martell, who is old and sickly and not expected to live much longer.
  • Barristan Selmy.
  • Oswell Whent.
  • Jonothor Darry.
  • Garlan Tyrell.
  • Daven Lannister.

The Night's Watch' (Its leaders and important members)
  • Jeor Mormont, Lord Commander.
  • Othell Yarwyck, First Builder.
  • Bowen Marsh, First Steward.
  • Benjen Stark, First Ranger.
  • Denys Mallister, Commander of the Shadow Tower.
  • Qhorin Halfhand, Shadow Tower’s Second in Command.
  • Aemon Targaryen, the Maester of Castle Black.
  • Mullin, the Maester of the Shadow Tower.
  • Harmune, Maester of Eastwatch-by-the-Sea.
  • Cotter Pyke, Commander of Eastwatch-by-the-Sea.
  • Brynden Tully, Leader of the Rangers at Shadow Tower.

Individuals who are dead. (Who are not, at the beginning of A Game of Thrones)
  • Balon, Euron and Aeron Greyjoy
  • Robert and Stannis Baratheon
  • Lyn Corbray
  • All of Ned’s kids with Catelyn never existed.
  • Sweetrobin does not exist, either.
  • A small collection of Riverlander, Vale and Northern Lords and Knights (or their northern equivalent) who fell at the Trident; such as Wyman Manderly
  • Ramsay Snow is believed to be dead, but is actually at the wall, having been sent after a minor hedge knight caught him committing a murder.
  • Furthermore, some lords are injured to a high degree (but not dead), such as Roose Bolton, who is missing a leg.

Individuals who are alive. (That were dead at the beginning of A Game of Thrones)
  • Aerys, Rhaegar, Elia, Aegon, Rhaenys and Rhaella Targaryen
  • Oswell Whent, Arthur Dayne, Lewyn Martell, Jonothor Darry
  • Maron Greyjoy
  • Essentially every member of House Darry
  • A variety of new children from various marriages between characters who have different fates in this RP, such as the children of Ned/Cersei, Jaime/Catelyn and Jon Connington/Shyra
  • Domeric Bolton, who actually listens to his father and does not go to find Ramsay.
  • This may be expanded as per applications, though we will be assessing all requests.

Important Family Trees
I'm 100% serious. As a basic note, when you click on the link to gauge the situation, on the bottom bars enable "middle names" "images" and "profession". It'll help clear a lot of stuff up.
The "Lannister" Family Tree (which basically covers a huge portion of the Houses). We had a lot of fun creating.
The Connington Family Tree
The Harlaw Family Tree

Rules
  • Forum Site rules apply, obviously.
  • When referring to canon, please refer to the above when dealing with situations in the RP and then followed by the glorious holy texts of our lord and saviour; the A Song of Ice and Fire books.
  • Posts must be of a good quality. No one, two, three liners. There must be a decently sized paragraph per post!
  • My word is law :P
  • Activity is certainly a well sought after commodity; if you are going to be absent please inform me via a TG. If you are absent for a period of more than three days I will remove you from the RP.
  • This RP is going to be condensed. Westeros is the only location of this RP, no Essos, or anything of that ilk. Individuals may appear from Essos, or events in Essos may be a matter for the court to concern, but all applications are for Westeros
  • I know how much you want to RP House Poole and its immensely fertile lands of tundra and snow, and all three people in it, but please consider not to. Important Houses, aka Lord Paramounts, the Royal House and the Night's Watch are our priority. When a location has its Lord Paramount fulfilled, I will consider opening up the major houses they hold (i.e., if we have the Starks, the Boltons and Manderlys for instance, will be opened.) Please also RP for the 'rulers' of the House, this is normally one individual, like Tywin, but for the Tyrells for example, it is fine to have both for Olenna and Mace. When you RP a House, you RP everyone in it and all of your vassals (unless they are app'd for when opened.)
  • The Night's Watch is going to be RP'd, and mostly controlled, by a single individual. To make RP more fun however, important members of the NW, (say Brynden Tully and Benjen Stark) will be RP'd by their houses to make the RP more fun and less boring for a NW player. Use a House application for the NW, but modify where you see necessary.
  • I will be conducting the movements of the Others.
  • Reservations last for 24 hours.

Westerosi House
Code: Select all
[b]House Name:[/b]
[b]Culture: (Westerlander, Northerner, etc)[/b]
[b]Leader:[/b]
[b]Lands:[/b]
[b]Sovereign:[/b]
[b]Coat of Arms:[/b]
[b]Direct Forces/Vassal Forces:[/b]
[b]History of the House since 282 AC[/b]
429 - DO NOT REMOVE.
(REMOVE EVERYTHING IN BRACKETS, INCLUDING THIS)

Westerosi Lord/Lady
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Titles:[/b]
[b]Culture:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Allegiance:[/b]
[b]Profession:[/b]
[b]Religion:[/b]
[b]Family Members:[/b]
[b]Personal History since 282 AC:[/b]

House being reserved:
Time stamp: (Please put the time of your post in here.)
312 - DO NOT REMOVE
(REMOVE EVERYTHING IN BRACKETS, INCLUDING THIS)

So, what can I app for?
  • House Targaryen having a player opens: House Rykker and House Velaryon
  • House Lannister having a player opens: House Crakehall and House Lefford
  • House Stark having a player opens: House Manderly and House Bolton
  • House Tyrell having a player opens: House Hightower and House Redwyne
  • House Connington having a player opens: House Tarth and House Dondarrion
  • House Martell having a player opens: House Yronwood and House Dayne
  • House Arryn having a player opens: House Royce of Runestone and House Grafton of Gulltown
  • House Tully having a player opens: House Frey and House Darry
  • The Night's Watch is open. (To stimulate RP, members in the Night's Watch (such as Brynden) can be RP'd by their Houses to make it interactive.)
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:03 am

The Roster

In Westeros

House Targaryen : Yasuragi
  • Rhaegar Targaryen
  • Aegon Targaryen
  • Rhaenys Targaryen
  • Viserys Targaryen
  • Daenerys Targaryen

House Lannister : Liecthenbourg
  • Tywin Lannister

House Tyrell : Vredlandia
  • Mace Tyrell
  • Olenna Tyrell

House Stark : Caltarania
  • Ned Stark

House Nymeros-Martell : Jhet
  • Elia Martell
  • Doran Martell
  • Oberyn Martell

House Tully : Black Marshes
  • Hoster Tully

House Connington : Krugmar
  • Jon Connington

House Arryn : Kargintina
  • Jon Arryn

The Night's Watch : Of the Quendi
  • Jeor Mormont
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:03 am

Current Reservations:

House Harlaw - Ealdaran - Confirmed delay in app; any application is fine to overtake it.
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:10 am, edited 28 times in total.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:06 am

This post for a Darry app is mine by right and all those who deny this are my foes.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:08 am

House Name: House Stark of Winterfell
Culture: Northmen
Leader: Eddard Stark
Lands: The North, Winterfell and Moat Cailin.
Sovereign: King Rhaegar I of House Targaryen
Coat of Arms: Argent, a direwolf courant cendrée
Direct Forces/Vassal Forces: Directly: 5000 levies, in addition to 700 amalgamated knights and northern cavalry. Total, inc vassals: 45,000 if fielded fully.
History of the House since 282 AC:
  • 282 AC: Robert's Rebellion goes similarly; except Ned and Catelyn are never wedded due to Hoster Tully's neutrality.
  • 283 AC: After defeat at the Trident, Lyanna convinces Ned to go to peace. The Stark banners in Riverrun are struck down; peace was achieved. In a hastily-assembled ceremony, Ned is wed to Cersei Lannister in order to secure peace. They consummate their marriage before Ned leaves to King's Landing alongside the royalists. Ned, alongside Howland Reed and Benjen Stark (who is now a ward to Rhaegar), was present when Aerys was forced from power; Ned dubs it a kind of justice, though regrets that he was not able to place a sword through the throat of the man who slew his father and brother. Ned returns to Winterfell, where Cersei is pregnant with their first child. Lyanna dies and is buried in the crypts.
  • 284 AC: The Stark Twins Myrcella and Torrhen, the first children of Cersei and Ned, are born. Both the children are blonde of hair; Myrcella is reminiscent of her mother, while Torrhen takes after his father in most respects. Tywin visits and quips that they remind him of a young Cersei and Jaime.
  • 285 AC: The Sept at Winterfell is constructed on the orders of Ned for his southern wife, Cersei. Cersei and Ned fall out over whether to teach the children about the Old Gods or the new; they eventually agree to teach them about both, and allow them to choose which ones to venerate as they see fit. Myrcella seems to prefer the Seven, while Torrhen prefers the Old Gods.
  • 286 AC: Alysanne Stark, third child of Cersei and Ned, is born. She is dark of hair, taking after Ned, and is said to resemble a young Lyanna Stark in her unmatched beauty.
  • 287 AC: Benjen Stark is released from being a ward. Spending a few moons at Winterfell, he soon decides to join the Night's Watch.
  • 288 AC: Brandon Stark, fourth child of Cersei and Ned, is born. He is dark of hair, taking after Ned, who he is said to resemble greatly.
  • 289 AC: Ned leads the Northern forces during the Greyjoy Rebellion; he is present at the Siege of Pyke, and is among the first through the breach. He was the voice of temperance and forgiveness after the Rebellion, advising Rhaegar to act with mercy towards the Greyjoys. His advice falling on deaf ears, he is given Asha Greyjoy as a ward, ostensibly to enforce peace in the Iron Islands. Ned treats her as if she were his own, and she grows to become a big-sister figure for the Stark children, much to the annoyance of Cersei, who does not care for her.
  • 291 AC: Lancel Stark, fifth child of Cersei and Ned, is born. He is dark of hair, taking after Ned, and is said to resemble his uncle Benjen.
  • 292 AC: The Stark family travel to Casterly Rock for a feast with the Lannisters, and too see the new baby Minisa Lannister. Gerold and Torrhen bond as cousins, Myrcella, Alysanne and Myranda also become close. The young Brandon Stark grows to admire the Imp Tyrion, while the two babies - Lancel Stark and Minisa Lannister - also play together. Jaime, Tywin and Ned share booze talk.
  • 293 AC: Asha is chastised by Cersei for 'leading her children astray' when she is found teaching Myrcella how to fight like an Ironborn. Cersei almost explodes, but Ned talks her down and talks to Asha afterwards about how not to step on Cersei's toes; he also looks into fencing lessons for Myrcella, but she seems disinterested if Asha is not involved.
  • 294 AC: The Lannisters, including Lord Tywin, visit Winterfell for a feast. Tywin notes that Cersei seems genuinely happy and contented.
  • 295 AC: Ned visits the wall with his family. He notes that the gift remains empty and unfarmed, and begins thinking of ways to remedy this.
  • 296 AC: Ned visits Viserys in King's Landing to check up on him.
  • 297 AC: Ellyn Stark, sixth child of Cersei and Ned, is born. She is dark of hair.
  • 298 AC: The Starks prepare to receive King Rhaegar at Winterfell on his journey back to King's Landing from his visit to the Wall.

Name: Eddard Stark
Titles: Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North
Culture: Northerner
Appearance: The Quiet Wolf
Allegiance: Peace/Lyanna's memory, his vassals/subjects and Rhaegar/the Iron Throne; in that order.
Profession: Noble
Religion: Old Gods
Family Members:
  • Cersei Stark, wife
  • Myrcella Stark, daughter
  • Torrhen Stark, son and heir
  • Alysanne Stark, daughter
  • Brandon Stark, son
  • Lancel Stark, son
  • Ellyn Stark, daughter
  • Benjen Stark, brother
  • Brandon Stark, brother, deceased
  • Rickard Stark, father, deceased
  • Lyarra Stark, mother, deceased
  • Tywin Lannister, father-in-law
  • Lyanna Stark, sister, deceased
  • Rhaegar Targaryen, brother-in-law
  • Viserys Targaryen, nephew
  • Asha Greyjoy, ward
Personal History since 282 AC:
  • 282 AC: Robert's Rebellion goes similarly; except Ned and Catelyn are never wedded due to Hoster Tully's neutrality.
  • 283 AC: After defeat at the Trident, Lyanna convinces Ned to go to peace. The Stark banners in Riverrun are struck down; peace was achieved. In a hastily-assembled ceremony, Ned is wed to Cersei Lannister in order to secure peace. They consummate their marriage before Ned leaves to King's Landing alongside the royalists. Ned, alongside Howland Reed and Benjen Stark (who is now a ward to Rhaegar), was present when Aerys was forced from power; Ned dubs it a kind of justice, though regrets that he was not able to place a sword through the throat of the man who slew his father and brother. Ned returns to Winterfell, where Cersei is pregnant with their first child. Lyanna dies and is buried in the crypts.
  • 284 AC: The Stark Twins Myrcella and Torrhen, the first children of Cersei and Ned, are born. Both the children are blonde of hair; Myrcella is reminiscent of her mother, while Torrhen takes after his father in most respects. Tywin visits and quips that they remind him of a young Cersei and Jaime.
  • 285 AC: The Sept at Winterfell is constructed on the orders of Ned for his southern wife, Cersei. Cersei and Ned fall out over whether to teach the children about the Old Gods or the new; they eventually agree to teach them about both, and allow them to choose which ones to venerate as they see fit. Myrcella seems to prefer the Seven, while Torrhen prefers the Old Gods.
  • 286 AC: Alysanne Stark, third child of Cersei and Ned, is born. She is dark of hair, taking after Ned, and is said to resemble a young Lyanna Stark in her unmatched beauty.
  • 287 AC: Benjen Stark is released from being a ward. Spending a few moons at Winterfell, he soon decides to join the Night's Watch.
  • 288 AC: Brandon Stark, fourth child of Cersei and Ned, is born. He is dark of hair, taking after Ned, who he is said to resemble greatly.
  • 289 AC: Ned leads the Northern forces during the Greyjoy Rebellion; he is present at the Siege of Pyke, and is among the first through the breach. He was the voice of temperance and forgiveness after the Rebellion, advising Rhaegar to act with mercy towards the Greyjoys. His advice falling on deaf ears, he is given Asha Greyjoy as a ward, ostensibly to enforce peace in the Iron Islands. Ned treats her as if she were his own, and she grows to become a big-sister figure for the Stark children, much to the annoyance of Cersei, who does not care for her.
  • 291 AC: Lancel Stark, fifth child of Cersei and Ned, is born. He is dark of hair, taking after Ned, and is said to resemble his uncle Benjen.
  • 292 AC: The Stark family travel to Casterly Rock for a feast with the Lannisters, and too see the new baby Minisa Lannister. Gerold and Torrhen bond as cousins, Myrcella, Alysanne and Myranda also become close. The young Brandon Stark grows to admire the Imp Tyrion, while the two babies - Lancel Stark and Minisa Lannister - also play together. Jaime, Tywin and Ned share booze talk.
  • 293 AC: Asha is chastised by Cersei for 'leading her children astray' when she is found teaching Myrcella how to fight like an Ironborn. Cersei almost explodes, but Ned talks her down and talks to Asha afterwards about how not to step on Cersei's toes; he also looks into fencing lessons for Myrcella, but she seems disinterested if Asha is not involved.
  • 294 AC: The Lannisters, including Lord Tywin, visit Winterfell for a feast. Tywin notes that Cersei seems genuinely happy and contented.
  • 295 AC: Ned visits the wall with his family. He notes that the gift remains empty and unfarmed, and begins thinking of ways to remedy this.
  • 296 AC: Ned visits Viserys in King's Landing to check up on him.
  • 297 AC: Ellyn Stark, sixth child of Cersei and Ned, is born. She is dark of hair.
  • 298 AC: The Starks prepare to receive King Rhaegar at Winterfell on his journey back to King's Landing from his visit to the Wall.
Last edited by Caltarania on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:07 am, edited 6 times in total.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:09 am

Lunas Legion wrote:This post for a Darry app is mine by right and all those who deny this are my foes.

Watch out for House Darry.

Caltarania wrote:woah

Quiet, Ned.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Elepis
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:16 am

tagging
"Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
A: Nationalism
B: Religion being taken seriously
C: The Irish"

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:33 am

House Name: House Connington
Culture: Stormlander
Leader: Jon Connington
Lands: The Stormlands, Storm's End and Griffin's Roost
Sovereign: The one and only, the greatest, the infallible, the amazing, Rhaegar Targaryen
Coat of Arms: A griffin! A griffin!
Direct Forces/Vassal Forces: With Vassal forces: 30,000, w/o: 3,000 levy + 500 knights
History of the House since 282 AC 282 (- present): Jon marries Shyra Errol, Lady of Haystack Hall, to strengthen his newfound position as Lord Paramount of the Stormlands. He does his best to pacify the lords, but is unable to heal the divisions properly, and so he continues solidifying his position by restoring his family's relations with the Morrigens, via giving them the disputed land they quarrelled over, and befriending the houses which fought for the Targaryens in the rebellion. On succeeding as best he can, Jon heads to the capital to take on his role as Master of Laws, leaving his kin as castellans of Griffin's Roost, and leaves his brother-in-law, Sebastion Errol, as castellan of Storm's End
285: Birth of 'Red' Rhaegar Connington, named after Rhaegar, he has the Connington's red hair which later earns him the epithet 'Red Rhaegar' to distinguish him from his namesake.
287: Birth of Jeyne Connington, she has the Connington's red hair and is said to resemble her grandmother in her youth.
289: Birth of Mylenda Connington, she has the Errol's golden hair and is said to be a spitting image of her mother.
429 - DO NOT REMOVE.

Name: Jon Connington
Titles: Lord Paramount of the Stormlands, Lord of Storm's End, Lord of Griffin's Roost, Master of Laws, Rhaegar's BFF
Culture: Stormlander
Appearance: The Griffin
Allegiance: The Iron Throne; Rhaegar
Profession: Noble
Religion: Faith of the Seven
Personal History since 282 AC: 282 (- present): Jon marries Shyra Errol, Lady of Haystack Hall, to strengthen his newfound position as Lord Paramount of the Stormlands. He does his best to pacify the lords, but is unable to heal the divisions properly, and so he continues solidifying his position by restoring his family's relations with the Morrigens, via giving them the disputed land they quarrelled over, and befriending the houses which fought for the Targaryens in the rebellion. On succeeding as best he can, Jon heads to the capital to take on his role as Master of Laws, leaving his kin as castellans of Griffin's Roost, and leaves his brother-in-law, Sebastion Errol, as castellan of Storm's End
Present: Jon has served as Master of Laws for many years, but he has grown resentful. His resent is not towards Rhaegar, who he knows can do no wrong and is doing what he believes is just and right, but towards Tywin Lannister. To him Tywin is an opportunistic coward who would have betrayed Rhaegar and the Targaryens had it been profitable, and now he builds up his power base by consolidating the north, led by the once-traitor Eddard Stark, and lacks opposition other than Connington himself, for Mace is a babbling fool, and Jon Arryn no longer a player in the game. A Lannister's words are poison, and a Dornishman's bite venomous, Jon will see to it that Rhaegar's rule is not threatened and that he himself stands beside his friend as his hand.
Last edited by Krugmar on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:47 am

Is House stark open?
Lover of doggos

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:49 am

Revlona wrote:Is House stark open?

nope

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:57 am

Wow, that’s a lot of reservations. I do like that you kept Rhaegar “prophecy obsessed” instead of being in love.
(Though I would have gone with the son being named Aemon but that’s just me, Viserys works as the time in to Visyena. Also wouldn’t it be Viserys Sand/Water cause he’s a bastard? If we’re going by canon, and not stupid show logic, Rhaegar is still married to Elia thus leaving the child a bastard unless he legimitized the child, which would cause more friction with the Martell’s.)

Tag, I’ll try to think of something...
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:08 am

House Name: House Darry
Culture: Riverlander
Leader: Bryman Darry
Lands: As per the fancy map.
Sovereign: House Tully
Coat of Arms: Words are 'Plowing On'
Direct Forces/Vassal Forces: 6,000 + 200 knights (Darry), 2,000 + 100 knights (Houses Cox and Roote, Darry vassals)
History of the House since 282 AC: Since the end of Robert's Rebellion, the Darrys have been among the most vocal of House Targaryen and Rhaegar among all the lords of the realm. House Darry arguably benefited the most out of Robert's Rebellion, regaining many lands that they'd held in centuries past. Although Bryman's younger brother was killed during the Battle of the Trident, the surviving members of the main branch of House Darry married into their new vassal families (the Coxs and the Rootes) to secure their loyalty. Since then House Darry has de facto emerged as the leader of the Targaryen loyalist houses in the Riverlands and a second center of power within the Riverlands, although not directly opposing or undermining Riverrun. Although Darry men did fight in the Greyjoy Rebellion, they did so under the command of Jonothor and Willem Darry with only the young Paxtan Darry joining them from the main branch.

The other, non-ruling branch of House Darry (nicknamed the Red Darrys, from all their time spent in the Red Keep), have been much more involved in the Seven Kingdoms, mainly due to their more prominent roles as a member of the Kingsguard in the case of Jonothor and as the Red Keep's Master-at-Arms in the case of Willem. Both men joined Rhaegar during the Storming of Pyke, and Jonothor would often accompany Rhaegar on his various trips up to the Wall and the North while Willem looked after and tutored Rhaegar's wards during his absences.
429 - DO NOT REMOVE.

Name: Bryman Darry
Titles: Lord of the Plowman's Keep, Darry, Lord Harroway's Town and Saltpans
Culture: Riverlander
Appearance: Bryman is a clean-shaven man of average height, sporting well-trimmed brown hair. Not ugly, but not exactly the best looking man in Westeros. A notable scar is present on his left cheek, where he was injured during the Battle of the Trident, along with a permanent bruise on his chest from where he was kicked by a horse during said same battle.
Allegiance: House Targaryen/Riverlander Loyalists/House Darry
Profession: Lord of Darry
Religion: Faith of the Seven
Family Members:
-See Family Tree
Personal History since 282 AC: Bryman Darry has done rather little since returning from the Battle of the Trident; he's supported Rhaegar verbally when needed, and has fulfilled the duties expected of a loyal vassal of the crown. However, he has remained distant from Riverrun bar occasional visits to his daughter, preferring to keep the company of his fellow loyalist lords rather than 'The Dithering Fish' as he calls Lord Hoster Tully.
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:17 am

House being reserved: Martell
Time stamp: 11:17 am (apparently)
312 - DO NOT REMOVE
Last edited by Jhet on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:29 am

Jhet wrote:House being reserved: Martell
312 - DO NOT REMOVE

House being reserved: Dayne
Time stamp: 2:30 PM EST
312 - DO NOT REMOVE
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:45 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:Wow, that’s a lot of reservations. I do like that you kept Rhaegar “prophecy obsessed” instead of being in love.
(Though I would have gone with the son being named Aemon but that’s just me, Viserys works as the time in to Visyena. Also wouldn’t it be Viserys Sand/Water cause he’s a bastard? If we’re going by canon, and not stupid show logic, Rhaegar is still married to Elia thus leaving the child a bastard unless he legimitized the child, which would cause more friction with the Martell’s.)

Oh, Viserys Targaryen is certainly legitimised. And Dorne is certainly pissed.

Rhaegar and Elia's marriage exists, but it is not healthy. I suspect both have probably taken paramours, of some sort.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:46 am

312 - DO NOT REMOVE

The Valyria Empire wrote:
312 - DO NOT REMOVE

House being reserved: Dayne
Time stamp: 2:30 PM EST
312 - DO NOT REMOVE

Noted and noted.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Yasuragi
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 24, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Yasuragi » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 am

Liecthenbourg wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Wow, that’s a lot of reservations. I do like that you kept Rhaegar “prophecy obsessed” instead of being in love.

Oh, Viserys Targaryen is certainly legitimised. And Dorne is certainly pissed.

Rhaegar and Elia's marriage exists, but it is not healthy. I suspect both have probably taken paramours, of some sort.

"Of some sort" would be accurate, yes.

House Targaryen checking in. I swear to the Old Gods and the New, if the Tully app has 'Big Hoss' mentioned anywhere in it, Rhaegar's next prophecy "realization" will be that House Tully must die.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:49 am

Yasuragi wrote:
Liecthenbourg wrote:Oh, Viserys Targaryen is certainly legitimised. And Dorne is certainly pissed.

"Of some sort" would be accurate, yes.

House Targaryen checking in. I swear to the Old Gods and the New, if the Tully app has 'Big Hoss' mentioned anywhere in it, Rhaegar's next prophecy "realization" will be that House Tully must die.

As you wish, My Lord.

Also, I'll amend the name on the Reservation.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:23 pm

What the situation in the Reach look like? I'll see if I can get an application up for a house after work later tonight.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:53 pm

Insaeldor wrote:What the situation in the Reach look like? I'll see if I can get an application up for a house after work later tonight.

The Reach is relatively alright. They were rewarded for their loyalty in perhaps some payments, they got wards for their service, Mace received the role of Master of Coin. However, I can imagine that Olenna is especially annoyed at Tywin getting Hand of the King over Mace, given how he wasn't loyal from the start.

Furthermore, I imagine there's some sort of rivalry to try to take Aegon's hand.

On the whole, I think things are content in the Reach.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:27 pm

House Name: House Lannister
Culture: Westermen.
Leader: Tywin Lannister
Lands: The Westerlands
Sovereign: Rhaegar Targaryen, the Iron Throne.
Coat of Arms: Gules, a lion or.
Direct Forces/Vassal Forces: Directly levies 8,000 men/men-at-arms/whatever in addition to a host of 900 knights (Warden: 500. Tier 1 Lands: (Former Reyne territory): 200. Tier 2 Lands (Former Tarbeck territory.) 100. Westerlands Bonus: 100.) In terms of vassals, it can levy an additional 41,000 men when calling her banners and a large host of knights as well.
History of the House since 282 AC:
283: Following the Battle of the Trident, Tywin declares for the Royalist cause. Following the Royalist victory, Tywin is appointed Hand of the King, helps rebuild the realm in his crafted peace, cements his lineage by getting Jaime out of the Kingsguard and orchestrates the political marriages of Jaime and Catelyn and Eddard and Cersei.
284: Three of Tywin's grandchildren are born; Gerold Lannister and Myrcella and Torrhen Stark.
285: Jaime is officially declared Castellan of Casterly Rock, with Kevan and Tyrion acting as his administrative advisers.
287: Myranda Lannister is born to Catelyn and Jaime.
289: The Lannister fleet is burnt by the Ironborn during the Greyjoy Rebellions. Tywin remains at King's Landing, managing the affairs of state, whilst Jaime Lannister sails with Rhaegar Targaryen to the islands with a westerman host.
291: Minisa Lannister is born to Jaime and Catelyn.
292: Family gatherings at Casterly Rock, uniting the grandchildren of the Lannister patriarchs in attempts to make stronger familial bonds.
293: Addam Lannister is born to Jaime and Catelyn.
294: Another familial gathering, this time in Winterfell. Tywin visits the Wall and whilst impressed by its architectural magnificence, feels Rhaegar's preoccupation with it is mere northern folklore fantasy. Note, this isn't him denying the Wildlings. He just doesn't feel Rhaegar's obsession warrants it being put above, say, other affairs of state.
298: Tywin takes the reigns at King's Landing with Rhaegar beginning his excursion to the North.

429 - DO NOT REMOVE.

Name: Tywin Lannister.
Titles: Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West, Shield of Lannisport, Hand of the King.
Culture: Westerlander.
Appearance: Its too perfect not to use.
Allegiance: Rhaegar Targaryen and the Iron Throne.
Profession: Hand of the King, Noble and Statesman.
Religion: Faith of the Seven, nominally. Views the Gods as not worthy of prayer.
Family Members:
- Jaime Lannister, son and heir.
- Catelyn Lannister, daughter-in-law, wife of Jaime.
- Gerold Lannister, grandson.
- Myranda Lannister, granddaughter.
- Minisa Lannister, granddaughter.
- Addam Lannister, grandson.
- Cersei Lannister, daughter.
- Eddard Stark, son-in-law, husband of Cersei.
- Myrcella Stark, granddaughter.
- Torrhen Stark, grandson.
- Alysanna Stark, granddaughter.
- Brandon Stark, grandson.
- Lancel Stark, grandson.
- Ellyn Stark, granddaughter.
- Tyrion Lannister, son.
- Kevan Lannister, brother.
- Dorna Lannister, sister-in-law.
- Lancel Lannister, nephew.
- Martyn Lannister, nephew.
- Willem Lannister, nephew.
- Janei Lannister, niece.
- Genna Frey, sister.
- Emmon Frey, brother-in-law.
- Cleos Frey, nephew.
- Lyonel Frey, nephew.
- Tion Frey, nephew.
- Red Walder Frey, nephew.
- Tygett Lannister, brother, deceased.
- Darlessa Lannister, sister-in-law
- Tyrek Lannister, nephew.
- Gerion Lannister, brother, deceased.
- Joy Hill, bastard-born niece.

Personal History since 282 AC:
When the Usurper marched his forces against the Crown, Tywin sat at Casterly Rock. Aerys II had belittled him, turned against him, assaulted his wife and snubbed him both by turning down his offer for Cersei as wife for Rhaegar and removing Jaime as his heir. Tywin felt no loyalty to the Mad-King. When Tarly bested Robert at Ashford and when Jon Connington failed to stop Robert at the Stoney Sept, Tywin did not care. He retained his banners. Staring at the Red Keep. He ignored the letters of request for aid from Aerys. And when Robert died upon the Trident, when Tywin was absolutely sure of Rhaegar's victory - and what that promised - did he send him a letter. A letter explaining his declaration for the Royalist cause. With their banners in the breeze did the Lannisters march from the Golden Tooth, pressuring the Riverlands from the west. When he met him in person, however, Tywin was more veiled than his patriotic letter had let on. He spoke to Rhaegar about 'what must be done', and in some form or another declared: Aerys must be removed.

Then Tywin enjoyed the bitter sweet taste of subtle vengeance when the Royalists marched into King's Landing, removing the very King they had risen their banners for. Aerys was removed, locked away on Dragonstone. His pyromancers locked away or struck down. Then, in recognition for his previous service, Rhaegar appointed the renowned statesman and former Hand back to the position.

The terms crafted by the royalists, was a cruel mistress. It essentially forced two marriages into creation to cement loyalties from the Riverlands and North. It left their families split amidst holds. It demanded compensation in grain and cattle and arms from the losers to the badly-battered of the victors. Darry grew in influence. Jaime was to be removed as a Kingsguardsman and then he counseled Rhaegar on a small council; the Tyrells were hushed with Mace being given Master of Coin and soon enough Jon Conningtion, Rodrik Harlaw and Oberyn Martell found themselves on the council. In a fell swoop, Tywin had reversed the negative effects of Aery's slights on his house. He did not have Rhaegar's hand for Cersei, but that did not matter.

Tywin's grandchildren were born through the 280s and 290s, in which he would often visit his home and Winterfell to see his legacies continue. Other than this,
when the Greyjoys rose in rebellion in 289, Tywin merely remained in King's Landing, managing the affairs of the realm whilst Rhaegar fought and crushed the insurrection. When asked by Rhaegar his thoughts on the essential destruction of House Greyjoy, Tywin shrugged his shoulders and commented that Rodrik Harlaw was the only intelligent man who happened to have been born on those godsforesaken islands.

Now Tywin has kept himself to statecraft, building up the economic prosperity of the past and maintaining the peace in the realm. Court intrigue is becoming more rampant and he himself is becoming disgusted at the amounts of "prophetic harlots" appearing at court. Furthermore, Rhaegar's whoring, despite the subterfuge involved, has made the Hand mentally annoyed - in his mind, the King and Queen should present a strong united front to inspire the smallfolk. But little can be said for the salvageable nature of one of the worst conducted marriages in the Seven Kingdoms. Aery's hasn't given up easily, it seems.
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Kargintina
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:52 pm

House being reserved: House Arryn/The Vale
Time stamp: 4:51 PM EST, 1:51 PM PST
312 - DO NOT REMOVE

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Caltarania wrote:snip

Accepted!

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Kargintina wrote:House being reserved: House Arryn/The Vale
Time stamp: 4:51 PM EST, 1:51 PM PST
312 - DO NOT REMOVE

Oh, apologies - didn't see.

Noted.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Caltarania wrote:snip

Accepted!

good

winter just came

Next