NATION

PASSWORD

Trustworthy conservative news sources in the US?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:19 pm

Turkic Confederation wrote:Breitbart.

:blink:
What?

Anyway OP your not going to find a trustworthy news source if your barometer is 'what ideological bent do they have?' Its best to search for news with an open mind, compare multiple sources, and from there determine which source got the most right most of the time.
Bailey Quinn, Nice ta meet ya! (Female Pronouns Please)
Also known as Harley
NS Stats are not used here.
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3
Normal is a setting on the dryer

Great Kauthar
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kauthar » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:23 pm

Brietbart is a good one, InfoWars and the Drudge Report are all very good
"Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need." - Ephesians 4:28 (ESV)
Christian Social Democrat
I am: "A monument to [the RWDT's] collective sins."

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:26 pm

Great Kauthar wrote:Brietbart

Regularly delves into sensationalist non-founded nonsense and perpetuates many pseudoscientific views about the LGBT community.

InfoWars

I shouldn't even have to say anything about this one...

Drudge Report

Drudge has a very clear bias towards Donald Trump and tailors the stories that he posts to match that as opposed to selecting headlines based on relevance and integrity of source.

I don't see how any of those are 'trustworthy.'
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

Great Kauthar
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kauthar » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:30 pm

Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:
Great Kauthar wrote:Brietbart

Regularly delves into sensationalist non-founded nonsense and perpetuates many pseudoscientific views about the LGBT community.

InfoWars

Drudge Report

Drudge has a very clear bias towards Donald Trump and tailors the stories that he posts to match that as opposed to selecting headlines based on relevance and integrity of source.

okay then name one news source of any leaning that you find trustworthy
there isn't one 100% trustworthy news source, these are just the most trustworthy
"Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need." - Ephesians 4:28 (ESV)
Christian Social Democrat
I am: "A monument to [the RWDT's] collective sins."

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Great Kauthar wrote:

okay then name one news source of any leaning that you find trustworthy
there isn't one 100% trustworthy news source, these are just the most trustworthy

They are far from trustworthy. FOX NEWS is more trustworthy than all three of those combined.

More trustworthy sources include such organizations as the BBC, the AP, Reuters, New York Times (despite the Clinton bias of the editorial board), Washington Post. I'll even posit the Wall Street Journal.
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

Frank Zipper
Senator

Founded: Nov 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Frank Zipper » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Great Kauthar wrote:okay then name one news source of any leaning that you find trustworthy

Seriously you think InfoWars are one of the most trustworthy news sources?
Put this in your signature if you are easily led.

Patridam
Negotiator

Founded: May 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Patridam » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:40 pm

Cedoria wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:
God, if I had a nickel for every time I heard some smug internet warrior say this...

And if I had a nickel for everytime some right-winger said this. I'd be richer then you would be.

Well, duh. He qualified his statement with "I heard", while you did not. Someone who makes 5 cents every time he hears the word "potato" will inevitably be poorer than someone who makes 5 cents every time someone says "potato", heard by them or not. Your come back is meaningless.
Lassiez Faire Capitalist / Libertarian
Past-Tech (1950s-1980s)

_[' ]_

Republican
White male, 24 yrs old
Michigan, USA
ISTJ
(-_Q)

Patridam
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Patridam » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:47 pm

Merizoc wrote:
Alvecia wrote:Hence, no news sources are trustworthy.

Actually, what bias does the AP have?

I never said that. Everything has bias, but that doesn't mean you can't rely on them. I could write you an essay about how anarchism is beneficial, 100% factual. Just because I have an opinion or agenda doesn't mean I'm not telling the truth.

That essay would not be false, no, but say a person got all the information he ever heard about anarchism from three essays, all with an agenda like yours. While they may not have absorbed any lies, they have a biased opinion because they haven't heard both sides of the story, because they only read biased essays. The unforunate reality is, if pro-anarchism is liberalism, there are 3 or 4 pro-anarchism essays for every one anti-anarchism essay, and that one anti-anarchism (conservative) essay is most likely lacking in some citations. Is the viewpoint any less legitimate? No! But it is hell to find good reliable sources even if you are attempting to use two essays from opposing views to form your own opinion.
Past-Tech (1950s-1980s)

_[' ]_

Republican
White male, 24 yrs old
Michigan, USA
ISTJ
(-_Q)

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:49 pm

Great Kauthar wrote:Brietbart is a good one, InfoWars and the Drudge Report are all very good

Okay, no. That's ridiculous and you have no idea what you're talking about. InfoWars is literal conspiracy theory bullshit. Holy fuck, at least Breitbart and Fox actually talk about real events.
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Patridam
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Patridam » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:55 pm

Fox really isn't that terrible. Its got the same sensationalism as all cable networks, but the idea that its unreliable or makes things up stems from people's inability to separate the op-eds and shock jock shows from the news itself. I won't say Fox tries to market Bill O'Reiley's catch phrases as breaking news, but they don't separate opinions from news as well as they could. The reason the liberal cable channels Fox Business Network seems less biased is simply because they do a better job of this separation - though still not what I'd call a good job .
Past-Tech (1950s-1980s)

_[' ]_

Republican
White male, 24 yrs old
Michigan, USA
ISTJ
(-_Q)

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:59 pm

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Dinake
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dinake » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:20 pm

Republic of the Cristo wrote:I thought the NY times were conservative. And really, there are only a select few news sources in America that have no bias ( eliminate every TV station right now ).

The NYT has an institutional bias towards the Hillary Clinton wing of the democrats, but their individual reporters and columnists can buck that.
Catholic traditionalist, anti-capitalist with medievalist/distributist influences, monarchist. The drunk uncle of nationstates. Puppet of Dio. Don't sell the vatican.
Look if you name your child "Reince Priebus" and he ends up as a functionary in an authoritarian regime you only have yourself to blame
-Ross Douthat, reacting to Trump's presumptive nomination.
Darrell Castle 2016!

Dinake
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dinake » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:20 pm

That's also true for watching MSNBC and CNN. Really, cable news is just terrible.
Catholic traditionalist, anti-capitalist with medievalist/distributist influences, monarchist. The drunk uncle of nationstates. Puppet of Dio. Don't sell the vatican.
Look if you name your child "Reince Priebus" and he ends up as a functionary in an authoritarian regime you only have yourself to blame
Darrell Castle 2016!

Dinake
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dinake » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:25 pm

Great Kauthar wrote:okay then name one news source of any leaning that you find trustworthy

They are far from trustworthy. FOX NEWS is more trustworthy than all three of those combined.

More trustworthy sources include such organizations as the BBC, the AP, Reuters, New York Times (despite the Clinton bias of the editorial board), Washington Post. I'll even posit the Wall Street Journal.

Forbes, National Review, and Christian Science Monitor are more specifically reliable Conservative sources. Dallas Morning News and Houston Chronicle are also reliable, and although their bias is complicated, I'd say they probably lean republican.
Darrell Castle 2016!

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:34 pm

All television is by its nature passive. You watch it and accept it. People make statements and you listen. Because of this it is very easy to talk as if the statements being made are true. It is a complete packaged message.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:25 am

Turkic Confederation wrote:Breitbart.

They're pretty Turkophobic. They're anti any ethnic group is mostly Muslim. Or that they think is.
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

Free Missouri
Minister

Founded: Dec 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Missouri » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:10 pm

Xadufell wrote:Breitbart's pretty good, I'd also reccomend Drudge Report.
Nothing else to really say.

Both bow down to trump.

National Review, WSJ, the AP, Reuters, those are the best news sources that I can find.
Military Whitelist
[spoiler=Isidewith score]http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential/933358212
Merry Christmas, Frohe Weihnachten, Zalig Kerstfeest, শুভ বড়দিন, Feliz Navidad, and to all a blessed new year.

“Too much capitalism does not mean too many capitalists, but too few capitalists.”The Uses of Diversity, 1921, GK Chesterton

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General