NATION

PASSWORD

The Last Colonies - Sci-fi TBS/RP - OOC / Always Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Air base, missile base, Intelligence center got destroyed. Now what.

Everything withing gets destroyed.
23%
Everything within is rendered inoperable until facility is rebuilt.
35%
Whatever
15%
Aircraft/spies can survive if there is another base to accomodate them.
23%
other option 2
4%

Total votes : 26

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:54 pm

So...where is everyone?
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:07 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:So...where is everyone?

Ah, right, this. I'll post tomorrow.

Curiosity question; what does Veterancy do?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:23 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

Ah, right, this. I'll post tomorrow.

Curiosity question; what does Veterancy do?

Every time a unit survives battle where something dies, it deals damage, or it takes damage, it gains one LVL. Every two levels leads to an increase in prestige or whatnot.

LVL. 2: Elite
Up to three units at a time can be promoted to this level by expending 2 Wealth and stationing it in the Hakugyukurou Castle for a quarter, which also created it. It provides +1 Health and immunity to Psychological effects

LVL. 4: Legendary
One unit at a time can be consecrated with Legendary status by expending 10 Wealth and 10 PP while the unit is stationed in any city containing the Reiuji Shrine or its branches. It provides another +1 Health and +1 Attacks for one weapon of choice per quarter

LVL. 6: Exalted
Created by the Social Tenet itself and only attainable by battle, it grants +2 Health and 1 Psychological Attack, as well as reduced movement costs(50%).

Further levels do nothing as of yet, but I suppose I'll continue to record them.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Auricium
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Auricium » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:33 pm

school. if you see me online, I should be studying T_T
Iɴᴛᴇʀɢᴀʟᴀᴄᴛɪᴄ Eᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴏғ Aᴜʀɪᴄɪᴜᴍ
Iᴍᴘᴇʀɪᴀʟ Nᴇᴡs Nᴇᴛᴡᴏʀᴋ: It's Pronounced Aurikium!|I have School, so I really shouldn't be on right now.|Embassy Programme Underway|IBA Open|This is a class A nation: Tier 0, Type VII, Universal Power. Obviously, we don't use NS Stats.  Read my factbooks instead.|Intergalactic Banking Alliances announces new CEO|Founder of the Capitalist League|Observer of the LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES!|Proud Member of The Coalition of Omniversal Dominance.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:05 am

So in Q1 Y28 I constructed 7 nuclear missiles.

In Q2 Y28 I launched 10 nuclear missiles at every base I didn't own on Planet, minus Pac's and two of Auricium's.

The Hakugyokurou Castle was sabotaged as the missiles fell.

And now our story is ended.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:16 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:So in Q1 Y28 I constructed 7 nuclear missiles.

In Q2 Y28 I launched 10 nuclear missiles at every base I didn't own on Planet, minus Pac's and two of Auricium's.

GG.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:18 am

Harkback Union wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:So in Q1 Y28 I constructed 7 nuclear missiles.

GG.

This was definitely the best RP you've made. And one of the few RPs that I've ever been in that have actually ended.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:24 am

I got 2 RPs coming up,

1 is a fully computerized (In a google excel table) nation simulator taking place in 2020 and after on earth. (You'll just have to plot in numbers like with the current computer)
The other is a 4X TBS very similar to this one in complexity and confusing rules, but requires less computation late-game. It takes place in a single solar system.

Neither of them is completed, so I was wondering which one you people would be interested in.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:25 am

Harkback Union wrote:I got 2 RPs coming up,

1 is a fully computerized (In a google excel table) nation simulator taking place in 2020 and after on earth. (You'll just have to plot in numbers like with the current computer)
The other is a 4X TBS very similar to this one in complexity and confusing rules, but requires less computation late-game. It takes place in a single solar system.

Neither of them is completed, so I was wondering which one you people would be interested in.

The second sounds pretty cool, honestly.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:26 am

Harkback Union wrote:
GG.

This was definitely the best RP you've made. And one of the few RPs that I've ever been in that have actually ended.

I was disappointed by the lack of wars throughout the RP. Perhaps I should have made land more scarce to limit growth and encourage competition, but when I wrote the rules, I was expecting to have all the factions from Prelude.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:27 am

Harkback Union wrote:

I was disappointed by the lack of wars throughout the RP. Perhaps I should have made land more scarce to limit growth and encourage competition, but when I wrote the rules, I was expecting to have all the factions from Prelude.

Yeah, that's always the trouble with RPs. They lose folks. With the amount we started with there probably would have been a lot more competition.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:50 am

Harkback Union wrote:I got 2 RPs coming up,

The second sounds pretty cool, honestly.

Okay, I'll focus work on it then.

But before I can go on with it, I'll need some feedback on these Ideas:

Would it be terribly inconvenient if
- most resources could not be stockpiled without proper storage facilities?
- every planet had its own "inventory" of goods and transportation between planets would cost not just investment in infrastructure but fuel?
- Research Teams would gain experience by researching techs, experience would be needed to research techs.
- Reverse-mechanics for tech stealing, where instead of having to steal techs, you have to protect your techs as by default, all techs would be learned by everyone
- I put in an app for Character Roleplayers who go around the system:
Stealing your techs
Robbing your trade convoys and weapons depots
Meddling with your foreign affairs
Killing your Scientists
Commandeering your Fleets and Armies into certain death
And constantly bugging you for interactions.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:04 am

I like the idea of resources having to be stockpiled. As for each planet having its own inventory, won't that just complicate matters?

As for research, I'm not sure I follow you. Isn't that a catch-22 situation? If you need to research to gain experience, but need experience to research, can't you never research? The reversed mechanics for tech stealing seem odd.

As far as characters, I'm just generally leery of the concept. Most mixed RPs don't go well.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:08 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:I like the idea of resources having to be stockpiled. As for each planet having its own inventory, won't that just complicate matters?

As for research, I'm not sure I follow you. Isn't that a catch-22 situation? If you need to research to gain experience, but need experience to research, can't you never research? The reversed mechanics for tech stealing seem odd.

As far as characters, I'm just generally leery of the concept. Most mixed RPs don't go well.

No, some techs can be researched without experience. I want to make planetary inventories to allow for trade within or between factions between planets to be looted by pirates (Y'ARRR!), meanwhile, costs of moving stuff between planets will allow for more interesting exchanges.

I intend for characters to be mini-factions with their own little fleets or bases. They'll have less influence overall but getting them on your side can mean the difference between defeat and victory.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:10 am

Also, technology spread will be limited by certain factors (Actually, you'll have to invest a little to get techs from other faction, but it will be generally very easy unless they protect their techs with spies), or even allow their rigged weapons techs to be stolen, which would then allow them to use free sabotage against enemy facilities and units, so stealing techs wouldn't always work out for the better.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse