NATION

PASSWORD

The Stonewall Alliance [Sign-Ups|LGBT Rights Organization]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Archeuland and Baughistan
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Last edited by Archeuland and Baughistan on Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Standing on the truth of God's word and the gospel.
Learn more about the true history of the world here.
You must be born again? What does that mean?
Islam, the religion of peace? What does history tell us?
The Israelites were "genocidal"? No they weren't!
Agenda 21 map - it affects us all!
Let's rebuild Noah's Ark to serve as a reminder about the true history of Earth!
Proud Foreign Minister of the Christian Liberty Alliance

☩Founder of the Alliance of Protestant Nations - Join today! Learn more here

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:26 pm

San Pellegrino Romana wrote:OOC: Stonewall isn't dead. Big announcement post coming up in the next few hours ~

I didn't think it was{Was gonna TG you}, though the apps?
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Anarchy

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:28 pm

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:
San Pellegrino Romana wrote:OOC: Stonewall isn't dead. Big announcement post coming up in the next few hours ~

OOC: All of the apps will be accepted shortly, the roster and OP are going an extensive overhaul. The big announcement is the overdue ratification of the Stonewall Charter (it essentially gives the Alliance a working spine), which will occur in another thread that I am currently preparing.
Please refer to my nation IC as the Kingdom of Rome or Roman Kingdom.
Diplomacy: Factbook | Embassy Program | The Stonewall Alliance
Storefronts: Energizia Inc. | Van De Kaap Diamonds
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Macisikan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Macisikan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:28 am

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:

OOC:
The applications have been put on hold while we prepare for the thing SPR is gonna announce.

All (extant nations) are on the road to acceptance with two exceptions; the Great New Nerodian Empire is going to have to explain in detail, and The Homotopia of Saint-Sebastian is rejected - sorry HSS, but "equality for all" does not mean "some are more equal than others" - your discriminatory citizenship laws are not in keeping with the spirit of the Alliance.

Also, SPR, telegram for you.
Please address your messages/threats/lies to:
The current cycle is: ʧ19021

--FT Nations: Melik, the Lord, Ardri Trivkaal, HM Vice-Minister for External Affairs
--Everyone else: Melik, the Lord, Conradin Nuchani, HM Vice-Minister for Foreign Engagement

Quick Overview | Full Factbook | Embassy Programme | Maintenance thread | NS World-Building Discord | The demonym is "Macisikani."
“You have taken my cute idea … and turned it into something cold and cruel.” –Solont
“Terrible experiments. Unethical behaviour. Have I introduced you to my friend Macisikan? He’s something of an expert.” –Sunset
“You are not destroying the universe for science.” -Menelmacar
“CanSpamMac is an outlier and should not be counted” -Arkasia

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:56 pm

Thought this was dead :P also, there's no "something of" used for my nation IC.

Full Nation Name: United Regions of Verona
Population: 1.011 billion
Form of Government: Federal presidential democratic republic
Head of Government: President Yara Gregovich
Head of State (if different): N/A, no head of state as such, unless you count the president herself
Official Representative: Axina Miang
Monetary Contribution (Optional): N/A

Do LGBTQ citizens have equal rights in your nation? Yup
Has anti-discrimination policy been implemented in your nation? Yes!
Is there marriage equality (e.g. same sex marriage legal) in your nation? Yes
Is adoption by LGBTQ citizens legal in your nation? Positive
Is IVF by LGBTQ citizens legal in your nation? Ya
Is gender reassignment surgery legal in your nation? Yup!
Do LGBTQ couples in your nation get the same tax breaks as married heterosexual couples? Only businesses get tax breaks. So yes, they have the same tax breaks as hetero's, which is none.
Any additional information: Verona has been a über-tolerant nation, after the United Regions of Verona was re-founded in 1993, all rights were granted immediately,.MSM's can donate blood after a blood test, which is mandatory for all citizens anyway, so it's not exclusive to LGBT.
I iz a proud and sexi member of d Exchange of Sad Annoying Pathetic Students
My TG box is lonely, why not send me a TG?
Kourtney is the best Kardashian!
''The only sane people on this planet is me, Alfy, Hake & Theo James,'' - Myself
#yafran

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:40 pm

To: Sir Akaan Vattyen, HSM Vice-Minister for Extraregional Representation, Arn-Maciska.
From: Colonel Solomon Cain, Minister of culture, the Allied States of New Edom
Subject: Homosexual Investigation
Encryption: Moderate

Dear Sir Akaan,

I don't know if you remember the investigation into human rights in New Edom. I certainly enjoyed having your commissioners visit us, they were very nice people.

At any rate, I wanted to make a special appeal to the Stonewall Alliance. We are currently investigating whether or not there are a lot of queer folk in our Navy as well as other organizations, and I wanted to know if you could possibly help us with means to identify homosexuals who are guising themselves as normal people.

I would appreciate a response at your earliest convenience.

I have the honour to be
Colonel Solomon Cain
Minister of Culture
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Capisaria
Senator

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Capisaria » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:16 am

New Edom wrote:
To: Sir Akaan Vattyen, HSM Vice-Minister for Extraregional Representation, Arn-Maciska.

Dear Sir Akaan,

I don't know if you remember the investigation into human rights in New Edom. I certainly enjoyed having your commissioners visit us, they were very nice people.

At any rate, I wanted to make a special appeal to the Stonewall Alliance. We are currently investigating whether or not there are a lot of queer folk in our Navy as well as other organizations, and I wanted to know if you could possibly help us with means to identify homosexuals who are guising themselves as normal people.

I have the honour to be
Colonel Solomon Cain
Minister of Culture

Is this guy serious?

Macisikan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Re: The Stonewall Alliance [Sign-Ups|LGBT Rights Organizatio

Postby Macisikan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:17 pm

New Edom wrote:

Dear Sir Akaan,

I have the honour to be
Colonel Solomon Cain
Minister of Culture

The response, when it came, was one step shy of a snarl; but then again, committing what amounted to lèse majesté in a diplomatic communiqué asking for help was not the smartest move Cain could have made...

Official Communiqué

Classification: Diplomatic-In-Confidence
From: Office of the Rechtaire for the Gules Circuit, VMER
To: Solomon Cain of New Edom
CC: Sir Charles Seydoux, Secretary-General (Prov.), Stonewall Alliance; Baron Dakrati Kavisiir, Deputy Secretary-General (Prov.), Stonewall Alliance; Lg. Liu Ao-Khiao, World Assembly Legal Attaché (Prov.), Stonewall Alliance; Mr Yamada Kaoru, Minister of International Cooperation (Prov.), Stonewall Alliance
Subject: RE: Homosexual Investigation

Colonel Solomon Cain, Minister of Culture;

Your request is denied.

His Serene Majesty’s Imperial Federal Government is not interested in assisting your regime with identifying gender and sexual minority (GSM) persons in your nation’s civil or military services, or in any other sphere for that matter. It is the considered view of the Imperial Federal Government that, given your nation’s prior and ongoing treatment of GSM people, this investigation is the prelude to a complete purge of those people from the services, before they are subjected to further persecutions. The Imperial Federal Government deplores your intent to continue to violate the rights of your own citizenry, and condemns the ongoing repression of GSM people by the Pahath-Moab regime. We will not be complicit in these acts, nor will the Alliance assist the regime in harming and further violating the rights of the GSM people of New Edom.

Your phrase “homosexuals who are guising themselves as normal people” carries the implication that homosexual people are somehow not normal (a false inference; same-sex sexual attraction is a normal non-deleterious variation in the spectrum of human sexuality), and that implication, given your national attitude towards GSM people, is in no way complimentary; we know exactly what words your leadership uses to refer to GSM people in general and to homosexuals in particular. As such, In the name of His Serene Majesty’s Imperial Federal Government, I formally protest the insult you have offered to His Most Serene and Royal Highness, the Tánaiste Thomas Ayivin ci deMakra, a deMakra, fides de Réal, Crown Prince and Heir-Designate to the Crown of the Realm of the Federated Star Empire of Macisikan, other members of the Caterine Order and Royal Family, several Most Honoured Ancestral Sovereigns, a great many of our citizens, aristocracy, parliamentarians, and clergy, as well as to the Stonewall Alliance as a whole and numerous delegates, patrons, and representatives in particular.

In closing, in future you will direct any requests you may have of the Alliance to the Minister of International Cooperation, Mr Yamada Kaoru of Glaswegistan; the Imperial Federal Vice-Ministry for Extraregional Representation is an organ of the Imperial Federal Government to provide the interface between the Realm and the wider international polity, not New Edom’s courier or liaison to the Stonewall Alliance.

D. Tavakir
Imperial Federal Government
Federated Star Empire of Macisikan
Please address your messages/threats/lies to:
The current cycle is: ʧ19021

--FT Nations: Melik, the Lord, Ardri Trivkaal, HM Vice-Minister for External Affairs
--Everyone else: Melik, the Lord, Conradin Nuchani, HM Vice-Minister for Foreign Engagement

Quick Overview | Full Factbook | Embassy Programme | Maintenance thread | NS World-Building Discord | The demonym is "Macisikani."
“You have taken my cute idea … and turned it into something cold and cruel.” –Solont
“Terrible experiments. Unethical behaviour. Have I introduced you to my friend Macisikan? He’s something of an expert.” –Sunset
“You are not destroying the universe for science.” -Menelmacar
“CanSpamMac is an outlier and should not be counted” -Arkasia

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:17 pm

OOC: The IC response to the letter is here. https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=22475848#p22475848
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Hong Kong-Macau
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Hong Kong-Macau » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:02 pm

Full Nation Name: Commonwealth of Honk Kong and Macau
Population: 7,981,340
Form of Government: City-State Republic
Head of Government: Fernando Chui
Head of State (if different):
Official Representative: Terrence Tsang
Monetary Contribution (Optional): While membership in this organization has been already approved by the Executive Council, monetary appropriations weren't passed.

Do LGBTQ citizens have equal rights in your nation? Yes
Has anti-discrimination policy been implemented in your nation? Yes
Is there marriage equality (e.g. same sex marriage legal) in your nation? yes
Is adoption by LGBTQ citizens legal in your nation? Yes
Is IVF by LGBTQ citizens legal in your nation? It is not legal for anyone, regardless of orientation.
Is gender reassignment surgery legal in your nation? Yes
Do LGBTQ couples in your nation get the same tax breaks as married heterosexual couples? Yes
Any additional information:

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents