NATION

PASSWORD

Games of the VII Olympiad - RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ipeland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ipeland » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Two football wins kick off Summer Olympics
Day -1 and -2 round-up

The Ipeland and Hutt River team have got off to a great start in the VII Summer Olympics, winning both their football games, which took place before the opening ceremony tomorrow.

Women's: Ipeland and Hutt River 3–0 Taeshan
Ipeland and Hutt River shots

Held on Day '-2' of the Olympics, which meant it was one of the first events to take place. It was a good start too, the amateur women, using a slightly unorthodox 3-2-5 formation, thumping the unnamed Taeshan team 3-0. The team's fantastic performance was helped by a great performance from striker Tia Harding, who scored two of the three Ipeland goals.

Ipeland held most of the possession in the game and had most of the chances. Well, most is a bit of an understatement. We had 21 shots while Taeshan had 3 so it was pretty much total domination. Straight from the kick-off it looked like the team would totally dominate, especially with the ball being in Taeshan's half for most of the first five minutes. The first goal was scored within those 5 minutes, Tia Harding just inside the D of the box hitting a thunderbolt over the Taeshan goalkeeper. It was a fantastic goal that was applauded by the sparse crowd. The first half finished with plenty more chances but no more goals. The second half was quiet for most. Our women seemed to lay off the attack, and let Taeshan have a few shots. They dominated the last 5 minutes of the half and attacked once more, scoring two more goals. Harding tapped in from a corner from defender Kochanski. Kochanski got a goal of her own with a accurately placed shot from inside the box.

Men's: Ipeland and Hutt River 3–2 Tedoka

Ipeland and Hutt River shots

In the men's football, the Ipeland and Hutt River team had to come from behind a two-goal deficit to scrape a 3-2 win over unfancied Tedoka.

Overall the game was pretty even until the last 15 minutes or so, where Ipeland tried to save themselves from an embarrassing draw against a team no-one in the country had ever heard of. As with Taeshan's women the players were unnamed. Tedoka got off to a flyer in the 4th minute after a flurry of chances, their no. 8 headed in from halfway inside the box from a poorly defended corner. Tedoka then doubled their lead on the half hour mark, with again some poor defending and a bad error by young goalkeeper Rogers Nelson, who was picked to start instead of Lister, leading to their No. 10 to tap into the empty net. It was a poor half for Ipeland who didn't take their chances.

Wholesale changes were needed for improvement in the second half. The manager made the maximum changes allowed at half time, putting Lister on for Nelson, Jacob on for Saunders and Ramses Niblick III on for Kryten. Theses changes made an immediate difference as Ipeland scored essentially straight from the kick-off, Ramses Niblick the Third Kerplunk Kerplunk Oops Where's My Thribble doing a fantastic solo run after dispossessing the opposing team's midfielder, dodging two defenders and chipping it over the goalkeeper. The other two Ipeland goals came from corners. The first came when The Cat tapped in from a Moore corner, and then Jacob managed to head the ball into the net in the last minute of the game, which managed to turn a 2-0 deficit into a 3-2 win.
Formerly known as Hutt River

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:48 pm

This is your Day Zero cutoff. Time to shoot those (not) poison arrows.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:23 pm

A BSRN broadcast about the World Cup and the Olympic Prelims.

OOC: Sorry... it's liker super quiet this time around. :( I am still perfecting the art of using the MP3 maker I have.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Ferkas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ferkas » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Chancellery Sport Network

[A lone reporter, a rather young looking man fresh out of college with a shocking head of bright red hair, stands in front of the camera. Behind him is the field where the archery competition wrapped up some fifteen minutes before.]

Reporter - "Well ladies and gentlemen, that concludes the broadcast of the Archery qualifying ranking rounds here in Emberton. Lead by Kyle Mergan and his third place ranking the mens team has finished tenth in the team standings. The women were twenty third, also lead by a third place finish, from Janice Garcia."

[He looks over his shoulder and the camera spots several figures wearing red and gold leaving the competition area.]

Reporter - "I think that is the archery team leaving right now! Lets see if we can get a word!"

[The camera is bouncy for moment as the cameraman and reporter awkwardly jog across the field, calling out to the athletes. The athletes stop and look back, spotting the small news crew, a bemused look crossing their faces. They walk towards them, meeting halfway.]

Reporter - "Thank you for waiting. My name is Paul Lear, with Chancellery Sport News. I was hoping that I could get a quick word with you folks before you head off for the day."

[The assembled athletes, two males and one female, nod in agreement to the proposal. One man, standing furthest to the right, vocalizes his consent with a simple "sure".]

Reporter - "Thanks again, and I promise to keep this quick. Lets start with you Janice. You are the predominant female archer in Ferkas, how do you feel about your performance today?"

Janice Garcia - "I'm pretty pleased with it, all things considered. Third in the qualifier is pretty good, at least in my opinion. Going into the competition I was aiming for a top five position, so this is right where I want to be."

[A quick smile cross her face.]

Janice Garcia - "Besides...I've heard they give out medals for third in the finals too."

[She laughs a little at her joke.]

Reporter - "True that they do, and we all hope that you bring one home with you. Best of luck in the remainder of the competition!"

[The camera adjusts slightly, focusing now on the man in the middle of the group.]

Reporter - "James Lester, fresh off a solid fifth place ranking. Your finish played a huge part in giving the team a top ten stop in the lists today, were you at all concerned about that going into the competition?"

James Lester - "A bit, but...no, not really. I mean, team is important and all, but the way we structure archery back home it just isn't a factor. I'm not use to thinking as a team athlete, I usually just focus on myself and try to shut out everything else. I think the others would agree with me too. Although I guess focusing on doing our personal best also gives the team the best score too, so it all works out, right?"

Reporter - "A very interesting perspective. Have you noticed any other differences between competing here and competing domestically?"

James Lester - "Yes, of course. The atmosphere is just so much greater here. Back home its considered big if many three hundred people show up at nationals. Even at the ranking rounds today there were way more people than that. The accommodations are way nicer here too, usually nationals just puts us up in some three star hotel. Here we get to mix and mingle with athletes from all over, and the Ministry of Sport spares no expense in keeping use well cared for. Its a pleasant experience, thats for sure."

Reporter - "Just one last question and then you can all go celebrate and prepare for the opening ceremonies. Kyle Mergan, you too finished third today. How do you feel about your chances as the competition progresses?"

Kyle Mergan - "I'm fairly confident. Coming in third today was pretty big for me, a nice little confidence boost, but I know I can do better. I plan on talking a lot with my coach tonight to just fine tune one or two little things, then really being ready to make an impact. What can I say...I want one of those medals."
Political Compass: -7.88 Economic, -4.41 Social

Benjamin Mark
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2012

Postby Benjamin Mark » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:53 pm

HELLENSWORTH LOCAL NEWS

Kelly - No one was in this day's tournament, but word has it that in Emberton, things is starting to warmup, Justine Cook is in Emberton to tell us about the the archery matchup, Justine?

Cook - Good Evening, Josh, Yes, the archery ranking happened today just outside of Emberton on the National Archery Ground. Unexpectedly for the Men's side, Kostis Galis of Jaseuyon was ranked number 1 in archery, Jaseuyon is rarely known for archery. On the women's side, Katie Junsie of Cyborg Holland was ranking number 1 in archery. Here's a recap of archery rankings.

(recap is played)

Cook - That's it for today, Opening Ceremony is this evening. Live in Emberton, Justine Cook, HLN News.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:17 pm

THE GAMES OF
THE SEVENTH OLYMPIAD
EMBERTON, KRYTENIA

Schedule of events

... And lastly, KRYTENIA comes into the stadium, and the home crowd is going crazy. Been a long time since Emberton was awarded these games, and finally they can cheer for their own! Here comes their flag bearer...

As the host delegation came in, one of the few people in the crowd that wasn't watching the ceremonies, was the newly elected President of the QOC, Juan Mancaro. He was reading a text message form his assistant, with the attendence percentages from the IBC that just concluded in Qazox on Monday night. (OOC: the IBC championship series in Qazox' timeline ended a couple of days ago [Olympic DAY -3])

98.7% attendence
for non-Qazox games
101.5% attendence
for WC Quals.
Public Support polls:
95.8% highest ever

Mancaro digested the information he just recieved, the deadline for his office to file the paperwork was just after the conclusion of these games. But the final decision was his and his alone. Will Qazox put forth an Olympic Hosting bid for either the 8th Winter or 8th Summer Games; or will they not?
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:32 pm

From MSPN--

Welcome to another edition of Olympic Update. More competition on the day before Opening Ceremonies, so let's see how our athletes did. the Men's Soccer group stage started today, and our team played Carpathia and Ruthenia to a scoreless draw. Women's Gynastics preliminaries saw our ladies fare no better than our men did. Gabi Petrescu qualified on balance beam, but there were no other qualifiers on any apparatus, no qualifiers for the Indidual All-Around, and we will not compete in the Team All-Around. Archery began for both men and women today. Individually for the men Henri Lesseps placed 43rd, Frederic Lasalle was 68th, and Stephane Delacroix was 95th. As a team we stand in 23rd place. For the women, Alice Dubois placed 49th, Louise Dupré was 59th, and Sophie Mellanger was 68th. Our team is currently 16th.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:41 am

Olympic Games Day 1 Morning Preview

Cycling

TKC road cycling champion and Olympic medal hopeful Mark Hardman

The first event of the morning for The Kiaser Colonies sees all 3 of our male cyclists competing in the men's road race final. The usual contenders for a spot in the Olympic delegation Mark Hardman and Adam Cyces retained their spots with 1st and 2nd finishes at the TKC cycling road race championship. This year the are joined by surprise new edition to the team Hamlet Boyne, who finished 6th overall at the championship. Boyne was awarded the place after Rhys Hobson and Matthew Gill both suffered anterior crucial ligament damage after being caught in a crash in a charity race shortly after the championship and the late Cale Walker passed away after an accident canoeing in the Dimard rapids. While young Boyne is of a high standard of cyclist in The Kiaser Colonies and is know for his incredible stamina, it is thought that he will struggle against the professional athletes from other countries. For this new and inexperienced member of the team we predict a lower middle finish. Cyces is predicted to finish upper middle as he boasts considerably more experience than Boyne. Hardman is the golden boy of Kiaser cycling and is expected to challenge for one of the medal spots. He is not the most talented cyclist to go to the Games and as such a gold medal seems unlikely but the optimistic view is that he will finish with a bronze, and a first medal for The Kiaser Colonies at the Games.

Tennis

Image Image
Anne Tobin (left) and Mark Ronson (right), women's and men's TKC singles tennis champions

Both the men's and women's tennis singles preliminary rounds begin on day 1. In the morning Anne Tobin and Simone Louki begin their campaigns for Olympic glory. Due to a fault in the news gathering process it is still unknown who their opponents will be. Unfortunately The Kiaser Colonies is not well known for its tennis players. The Kiaser Colonies have not won or made the final of any international singles tennis tournament in either gender. Although vast increases have been made in the ability of players in the nation its fair to say that we are a league or 2 behind many nations. Despite this Tobin will be no push over no matter what competition she faces. Louki on the other hand has struggled to impress during the past year and looks rather like she could be in danger of being knocked out early if she faces an opponent of a high quality. For Tobin we predict a win in a tie breaker set, for Louki things are less optimistic and a straight sets defeat could be on the cards if she faces an opponent of a high calibre.

Mark Ronson takes to the court in the afternoon as the only representative of The Kiaser Colonies in the men's contest at the Games. Although he has dominated the Kiaser men's singles scene he has never made it past the quarter finals of an international tournament. Over the last year he has undergone surgery on his right knee and shoulder and his results suffered at the beginning of the season but he still managed to win the national championship. With lingering knee problems it is doubtful that he will make much of a stir in the tournament. Nonetheless, provided he doesn't face one of the top player in the early rounds he could win a match or 2. All in all I would expect that he will progress to the next round.
Winner of Rugby World Cup 18 and R7WC 2.
Host of Rugby League World Cup XVII

Hosted: Domestic leagues, Rugby League World Cup XVII

Advanced passed groups/qualifiers: Rugby World Cup 17 (Quarter-finals), Copa Rushmori VI, Rugby World Cup 18, R7WC 2, Beach Cup 13, 9th GCF World Twenty20, Rugby League World Cup XVII (Quarter-finals)

3rd Copa Rushmori VI, Beach Cup 13
2nd None
1st Rugby World Cup 18, Rugby 7's World Cup 2, gold medal men's doubles badminton at one iteration of the Olympics.

Australian and proud!

Chenkorya
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:15 am

"Sir," Olivia said. "Sir, there's some mail for you. One of them appears to be from some airline company..."

"Oh yes, I didn't pay them something. I did totally forget about it" He winked at Olivia, his secretary. This sir was the president of the Chenkoryan Olympic Committee, Max Höski, and the person who decided that the previous squad should not go to the Olympics again.

"Ah, okay!" Olivia answered. "And this is from a somebody called Eveline Rukowski. You know her?"

"Erm, let me look..." He frowned and he did take the envelope out of Olivia's hands. "Oh, it's Mrs. Rukowski. I was already expecting that one." He looked at Olivia and mumbled something, then threw the envelope into the litter bin, without reading it. "And what's the third one."

"I have no idea. Oh wait, there's a sender on the back." Olivia giggled. "Odysseus Salvai again."

"What? Seriously?" Max laughed too. "Wait, give me a minute. I've already received a lot from him, really. Mostly on tuesday and thursday, when Vivianne is here. It's the same message again and again. He's kind of pissed off about not being selected for the Olympics."

"Well, I've also already given you around three letters from him." Olivia said while opening the letter.

"It wouldn't surprise me if he did a suicide attack in the middle of this office or something." He said in a sarcastic way.

"Hm-hm." Olivia said while sitting with her back to Max. "That's actually what he is talking about here. It will happen in some minutes, according to his letter."

"Seriously?" Max frowned his eyebrows, he was really concerned now. He had just been joking.

Olivia turned around and laughed. "No, of course not. Here it is, I didn't open it yet!"

"Then I'll do it!" Max was a ladies' man, he liked showing-off. He acted like he put on rubber handgloves, and then took a letter opener. "Okay. One, two.. Olivia, hide underneath the table.. There might pretty much be a bomb in this envelope!"

Olivia liked it. She laughed at him and said "Max, just open it, without jokes." and then she continued laughing.

He smiled at her too. "Okay, okay, I'll do it."

Olivia looked at him again. "Max, you're actually such a mean man. I mean, you broke a little boy's heart and his dream."

"Puh, Odysseus is such an arrogant looby. Sport is everything to him." Max answered while opening the letter.

"I know, I know. I was just joking. By the way, he can be happy that he actually won that gold medal last year in Lasft, can't he?" Olivia answered.

"Yes Liv, he can definitely be happy with that! I never reached that in my short but heavy swimming carreer!" Then he took the letter out. It was quite a short letter, written with a computer. "Okay, are you ready, Olivia? Here comes the well known Odysseus' complain." They were making fun of Odysseus. "Dear Mr. Höski," He started off.

"Max, dear?!" She laughed. "Is there something I don't know? Huh-huh." she said sarcastic.

"Of course not Livvy, there is nothing you don't know, if you know what I mean." He winked at her. "Anyway, don't interrupt me once again, please. Dear Mr. Höski" he started again. "As you already know, I have not been selected for the Olympics this time." Max sighed. "Yes I know that! Seriously... Anyway. I have been in a depression the last weeks. It was my dream to do the thing I did in Lasft once again, but thanks to you; I could not make that true." He sighed. "Yes of course, give me the guilt... After the Olympics, I immediately started training again, but it was all for nothing. He's just rambling on, isn't he?" Max sighed once again, then continued. "I would like to tell you that you've ruined my life. Thanks, I love you, Odysseus Salvai."

"I love you...?" Olivia giggled.

"Olivia, it only happened once! Don't tell my five!" He said quasi-desperate.

She laughed once again, Olivia kind of like everything Max said. "Anyway, have you ever written back to him?"

"No of course not..." He laughed. "Well, the love letters he send me years ago.. No, just joking. No, why would I actually, Livvy?"

"I don't know.. Maybe he'd stop writing you then." She said.

"Good thing. But his love for me will never die." Another stupid joke. "But, you're right. Olivia, take the laptop, please write down everything I say."

Olivia listened and did take the laptop out of the drawer. "I'm ready!"

"Okay." He made ready just like he was about to do a speech. "Okay. Dear Odysseus Salvai. I thought; let's use dear, just like you did. I hope you like it. I feel sorry for not giving you a ticket to the Olympics, but hey, there are around 260 other athletes that didn't moan about not getting it. Don't let this ruin your life, there are other things to do in life than the Olympics. Maybe we'll see you next year at the Olympics. I love you, Max Höski. Is it allright, Liv?"

Olivia smiled. "Well, I thought you'd come up with something a bit more rude, to be honest. Anyway, the games are already started, we can't help the poor guy anymore. Speaking about the Olympics, Max, aren't you supposed to be there already?"

That was the end of Odysseus Salvai's desperate tries to get a spot in the Olympics. There will hopefully be something else to talk about soon.

D Land and Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby D Land and Isles » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:48 am

DLI.SN's GUIDE TO THE VII OLYMPIC GAMES

DAY 1 PREVIEW:

MENS ROAD RACE:
THE TEAM: Miles Irish, Jack Maddux, Robbie Farrens.

THE TACTICS: The road race in Emberton is very hard. If they can get Maddux or Farrens into the last kilo, then we have a double pronged attack. Maddux can get away or Farrens can launch the sprint.

THE OPPOSITION: Everyone. They limited the amount of entries in this event. Any one can win on any given day, that's the beauty of cycling.

ODDS Of A MEDAL (On a range of 1 to 10...1 being start praying now. 10 meaning why even bother): 7

BEACH VOLLEYBALL

THE TEAM: Nik LizDenis, and Ryan MacDougal

THE TACTICS: Play like there's no tomorrow. This team is an underdog and that will help them mentally.

THE OPPOSITION: As the number four seed in this group of 5 wins early will be essential. If they can beat MANA/KIORI in the first game. They'll feed off that momentum.

ODDS Of A MEDAL (On a range of 1 to 10...1 being start praying now. 10 meaning why even bother): 2

GROUP TWO
MV Farias / R Garcia (CAF)
J Pyevan / Q Pham (TAE)
Mana / Kiori (TPR)
N LizDenis / R MacDougal (DLI)
R Varnes / B Emery (COS)
Matches:
MD1: 2v5, 3v4, 1 off
MD2: 5v3, 1v2, 4 off
MD3: 3v1, 4v5, 2 off
MD4: 1v4, 2v3, 5 off
MD5: 4v2, 1v5, 3 off

COVERAGEfor SATURDAY (DAY #1)

8:00 am live on DLI-SN1: MENS ROAD RACE (CYCLING)

10:30 am live on DLI-SN1: BEACH VOLLEYBALL GROUP 2 MATCH 2 (DLI V. TPR)

1:00 pm-5:00pm on NEWS 4: MORNING RECAP
Showing:
Archery – Men's team – Rounds of 64 / 32
Fencing – Women's individual foil – Rounds of 128 / 64 / 32
Judo – Men's 60kg – Round of 64 / 32 / 16 / QF
Rowing – Men's lightweight fours – Heat
Rowing – Men's double sculls – Heats
Rowing – Women's single sculls – Heats
Rowing – Women's coxless fours – Heats
Shooting – Women's 10m air rifle – Qualifying
Swimming – Men's 400m freestyle – Heats
Swimming – Men's 400m individual medley – Heats
Swimming – Women's 100m butterfly – Heats
Swimming – Women's 400m individual medley – Heats
Swimming – Women's 4x100m freestyle relay – Heats

8:00pm-12:00pm on NEWS 4 OLYMPIC SUMMARY: DAY 1
SHOWING:
Archery – Men's team – Round of 16 / QF / SF / Final
Fencing – Women's individual foil – Round of 16 / QF / SF / Final
Judo – Men's 60kg – Repechage / SF / Final
Judo – Women's 48kg – Repechage / SF / Final
Shooting – Men's 10m air pistol – Final
Shooting – Women's 10m air rifle – Final
Swimming – Men's 400m freestyle – Final
Swimming – Men's 400m individual medley – Final

Swimming – Women's 100m butterfly – Semi-final
Swimming – Women's 400m individual medley – Final
Swimming – Women's 4x100m freestyle relay - Final
Weightlifting – Women's 48kg – Fina
l
Last edited by D Land and Isles on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Companies:
D Air
D City International Airport
Destination Hotel Group
Allez Cycles
Stone Furnitures
Francisport International Aeroport
Columbia Cruises

Olympic Medal Tally: 1 G, 3 S, 2 B
Cycling: Winner D City-Crumpston, Points Jersey 1st, 2nd, Island Tour. Stage 2,3, 2nd Island Tour, Stages 1,5, 1st Island Tour

Located in the Northwest

Wild Isle
Secretary

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wild Isle » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:08 am

Mens Archery:
9 Karakai (TPR) 674 34 8

After a dissapointing football loss from Tapuroamotu. Archer, Karakai shot to glory by finishing ninth out of one hundred and thirty nine.

THE GAMES FROM THE EYES OF A NARGLATCH

Roru was sleeping in a bundle of rough cloth and leaves when he was suddenly awoken by huge amounts of cheer coming from the city below, Roru thought to himself "darned fans, they find joy in getting right in our faces that we only lost one game to them" but nevertheless, Roru was curious and he ventured down to Emberton...
...Roru was tempted by a small patch of sweet smelling grass he was told not to eat any unknown weeds, but here it was, so green, so fresh, Roru took a deep sniff, but just then he felt something in his sixth sense, and spun around, to come face to face with a tiki head. The head leaned towards him, and then a rough voice said, "c'mon narglatch, theres somthing better for you, were having a feast." thats when Roru noticed the log the Tapuroamotueun man was carrying, on it said,

9-KARAKAI vs. Winner P3

Karakai had finished ninth. YIPEE
Puppet of Salchar

Carmadin
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:58 pm

The Unglamorous look at the Emberton Games- From the offices of the Carmadin NOC

Noymee Dehcahnur

I'm back!
What, you didn't miss me?

Well, for all of you who are following the Olympics, and are excited beyond belief for the Opening Ceremony tonight, here is my recap of the preliminary events in Emberton:

Day -2:

Our Olympics began two days before the opening ceremony, with the Women's preliminary MD1, as well as the Men's Gymnastics qualifying rounds.

As the top seed in group fourteen, our Women's football team had a bye, so they got to be some of the thousands of fans at the Olympic Football stadium who watched Camwood and Ferkas battle out to a 1-1 draw. It was a very good game both on and off the pitch, as after this, Carmadin needs just a win in their MD2 game against Camwood to advance into the knockout stages. If anybody's interested, I found this excerpt from a Ferkian news channel about the game. No game for the Carmadin women, but a good result all the same.

I'd rather not discuss what happened in the Men's Gymnastics qualifying. It was bad. Very bad.

Royx X'taht was our strongest Gymnast out there, but that's not saying much at all. He was best on the high bars, but once again, not saying much, as not a single one of our gymnasts was able to scrape up qualification, including our team.

That concluded a rather dismal day -2, Carmadin was looking ahead, of course.

Day -1:

In the Men's football match, our top seed team once again had a bye, and got to watch Mantwenic thump the unknown Bruyn, 3-0. The game means Carmadin needs to hold Mantwenic to under three points in their MD2 battle.

As for the Women's Gymnastics qualifying, it was much, much better than the men's nightmare, but still not great. Guht Rónkeh was clearly the best Carmie out there, and she could stand up with some of the world's best, as she showed by grabbing qualification in the Floor, Uneven Bars, and the all-around. Guht's 64.375 was also the best all-around score for all 173 competitors, and her 16.350 was the third-best floor score, behind only Mélanie Charlevoix of Ad'ihan and Penelope di Medici of the host nation.
The rest of the Gymnasts couldn't follow Guht, and fell short of qualification and glory.

We also got to watch an excellent Baseball game. As you know, Carmadin's Major League is one of the world's best, but the national team has been doing rather dismally as of late.
The game yesterday may have been on the way to changing that, as Carmadin came out with a 6-5 win over Geornon, putting Carmadin into a tie for group second place. Hopefully, they'll continue that form, and enter a new era of National team baseball.

Day 0:

The men's and women's Archery ranking rounds closed out this morning, with Carmadin athletes recieving a collective "meh" for their efforts. Wahm B'chur'hur was the leader, snagging the 30th spot, getting a decent draw in the Ro128. The rest of the team came 78th (Tahmoyt ohw T'yo), and 96th (Th'chiydurch Kohm'h). The Carmadin team came in 19th of 42, not too shabby.

Here's the Men's draws for the Archery individual Round of 128, and the team Round of 32:

4. Holland Appleby (TAE) v Th'chiydurch Kohm'h (CRM)
51. Wahm B'chur'hur (CRM) v Beattie Canadeo (DAR)
54. Keane Armstrong (CVC) v Tahmoyt ohw T'yo (CRM)
14. Karditan v Carmadin

In the women's ranking round, the Carmadins did a tad better, as team captain Ómahz Naw took the 26th position. That, along with Miyj Ng'uhmurj's 67th, and Nauh Zhoyjur's 78th, gave the Carmadin team an excellent 15th seed in the team tournament. So, the women's draws you guys care about are:

(Round of 128)

43. Ómahz Naw (CRM) v Greta Karlsson (CMR)
50. Heather Stanton (CDG) v Miyj Ng'uhmurj (CRM)
54. Owanda Ellis (LEN) v Nauh Zhoyjur (CRM)

(Round of 32)

10. Carmadin v Euskirribakondara

So, that's your pre-opening ceremony recap.
Now, get off the computer and on the remote, and watch the opening ceremony!
I'll be filing :(

Ŏthām ŏþít é zư ü,

Noymee
Last edited by Carmadin on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<PIS>: You say boom. I worry
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
WHF 9: 10th place with 16 points
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Lymantatia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2011

Postby Lymantatia » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Journal-LTN2, June 21, 2012
Today, the opening ceremony has happened. In men's archery, Mark Lawrence qualified for the Round of 64. Lymantatia's team has qualified in the preliminary round. If Lymantatia wins, then they'll compete against FSSO in the Round of 32. In women's archery, all three entries made it to the Round One Draw. Lymantatia will compete in the team's event in the Round of 32 against Carpathia and Ruthenia.
Baptism of Fire 44 Round of 16, de facto retired.

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Documentary Part 2

Postby Taeshan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:02 pm

"And so it begins. After years of waiting many olympians got to walk through the wonders of wonders that is the olympic processional. Many only did it once in their life, but the effect on them was much more than you can get from almost anything else."

"But really the competition begins days before the actual olympics. In most olympic games the football's first matchday is held the day before the events as a sort of kickoff. Puns aside, they weren't the only thing that started before the first delegation processed into the stadium."

"The first pre start day saw the Women's Football and the Mens Artistic Gymnastic. Now if you know anything about Taeshani women's sports, you know the football team lost. The Men's Gymnastics teams started off the olympics with a bang. Not only did they qualify as a team, albeit in fifth place, team leader Jordon Saltamachia qualified for the All Around, and the Rings Final. Teammate Fred Saul qualified into the finals with a sub par performance that he later improved upon, and third time olympian Mike Knubell qualified for the Parallel Bars final."

"Day two would be a sign of even more. The Mens Football team beat Cafundeu. 3-2,considering the team is made up of a second level U21 team with a bunch of no namers on it that either has something to say about our future, or the Cafundeuns. In Womens Artistic Qualifying the bar set high by the men was equaled by the women. They also qualified fifth for the team event. Despina Xanthopolous shattered their low expectations with a all around qualification. While the other two qualifiers were in the vault Erika Saul, and Mandy Smyth. The joy on the Saul twins face after seeing each other qualifying was a big joy to behold."

"Finally one of the biggest events in the Taeshani Olympic calendar. The Archery. On the Mens side Markus Worthington qualified 3rd overall, Jason Nolt 23rd and Holland Appleby 33rd. All three had byes to the second round and were higher seeded going farther into the tournament. The team overall finished 3rd and will see the first round of action as well before taking part in the knockouts. On the womens side things were much less consistent and overall the team will see more action and competition, with them ranked third to last overall.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Socialist States Owen
Minister

Founded: Nov 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialist States Owen » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Archers open solidly
By Special Emplor Olympic Correspondent Zach Rossley

FSSO's archery team got off to an acceptable start ahead of this evening's opening ceremony.

Harry Luton was unsurprisingly in hot form, taking 7th place in the ranking round while Tim Sprall finished 21st, with youngster Reg Foley finished 73rd. Luton will go up against either Josh Farrow or Pascal Houde. In the men's team archery, FSSO were ranked 9th and will face either Lymantatia or hosts Krytenia in the Round of 32. The FSSO were not as impressive in the womens archery with their highest ranking athlete, Emma Farrington, being ranked 37th and the womens team being ranked 19th. They will encounter Thatius in the Round of 32 of the womens archery. Meanwhile the FSSO athletes have been preparing for the opening ceremony tonight, where Captain Max Mallory will be the flag carrier. Prime Minister Andrew Lafferton has had to cancel his attendance but Deputy Prime Minister Lucas Hoffman will be attending.

For more news on the Olympics, visit www.emplor.eu or www.embertongames.kt
---NOTE--- Do not use my nation name. In RP, my nation is known simply as Eura, denonym Euran.
World Cup 60 Runner Up
Cup of Harmony 51 Runner Up
Market Cup I Winner
Next Generation Trophy Winner

- viewtopic.php?f=6&t=167860 Buy the MBT-8H now! The best budget MT tank!
- viewtopic.php?p=7688458#p7688458 < Awarded the prestigious Order of Beast (Second Class) by his lordship Abruzi.
- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=188514&p=10072065#p10072065 Best song ever. Of all time.

Camerania
Envoy

Founded: Nov 28, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Camerania » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:18 pm

The Games of the Seventh Olympiad: My Experiences
By Alfred Gustaffson

Herein I shall begin my account of Camerania's first participation in the cycle of Olympic Games, beginning with the Games of the seventh Olympiad.
If you want a background on me, well, here's what I'll tell you: I was born and raised in Camerania, the son of two loving parents, My father an engineer, and my mother a particle physics professor at the University of Camerania. I grew up with my older brother, Robert, and younger sister, Ingrid with me for support and company. I had a normal childhood, in every sense of the word, and now I am a professor of Philosophy at the University of Camerania. I was chosen for this by my colleagues so that I could show as unique of a perspective as I could, and help bring Camerania more onto the international stage. Tonight will be the Opening Ceremonies, following two days of competition and exhibition, in which we fared with grace, though none enough for recognition just yet. I arrived here in Emberton a week early to get aclimated to it, and have found it to be a very lovely city, and Krytenia an equally lovely place. The city is more than prepared to host the Games and I look forward to sight-seeing in between competitions. I will be doing a sort of 'log' like this one for every day of these games, in an effort to paint the best picture possible for my readers. I have to go, as I must prepare for the Opening Ceremonies. I'll keep in touch, though, so don't go too far, and may you soar ever higher.
- Looking to become more active again, feel free to hit me up with invites to general world RP regions-

- Telegram me with NS Sports RP stuff if for collab questions and what have you-

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004

Postby Krytenia » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:55 pm

19:05, Isserson Olympic Stadium, Emberton

The sun was still up, but low in the sky, as a balmy July day drew to a close. Over one hundred and ninety thousand people were packed into the expanded stadium, the failings of a football team on foreign fields a world away. All that mattered were these moments, these minutes, that would mark the most important sporting event in the long, long history of the nation. The stadium clock ticked over to six minutes past seven.

One minute remaining.

"Ladies and gentlemen, guests and friends from around the world, we welcome you to the City of Nations, and the Isserson Olympic Stadium. Welcome, one and all, to the Opening Ceremony of the Games of the Seventh Olympiad."

With that, the video screen began the countdown to the beginning of the ceremony. Starting with the closing ceremony in Lasft, and swiftly moving through clips of athletes training, construction workers making the venues ready, the Olympic torch passing through the Krytenian countryside, the firework display from the Ashton Games...and then the number ten appeared in huge red letters.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2..1..."

Silence and darkness, for the merest of instants, before the explosion of dozens of fireworks and the raucous cheering of the crowds.

Once the fireworks had cleared, the stage - and by stage, we mean the field of the stadium, covered with red tarpaulin for the occasion - was set for the first act. A bevy of brightly-clad children and teenagers, in pink, blue, green, white, blue, and black (OK, black's not exactly bright, but you get the point) charged into the stadium, splitting into groups to form various shapes. Eventually, they met in the middle, forming themselves into the shape of the Olympic Estoile; or at least, a close approximation, the substitution of red with neon pink looking somewhat off, but then red on red really wouldn't have worked. The children dispersed, forming a loose and seated cordon around the edge of the tarp.

Next, the Olympic flag entered the stadium, carried by members of the Emberton Constabulary in their fetching navy blue formal dress. The flag was raised at one end of the stadium, accompanied by the Olympic Hymn; the Krytenian flag, raised with a rousing chorus of "Celesta" by members of the Krytenian Cavalry Guard, followed soon after.

With the sun slowly disappearing over the horizon, the floodlights once again were extinguished, as the next part of the opening ceremony followed. Lit by a bright white spotlight, a long white and silver Chinese dragon-like trail of people, covered with an elongated representation of a white lion, entered from the south end of the stadium. As the "lion" made its way around the stadium, behind it came people dressed in mining gear, as lumberjacks, as factory foremen, and as city gents, representing the importance of industry and commerce to the cosmopolitan city. Behind them, eighty-eight people, vulpines, Ursines, and others, each an Emberton resident originally from one of the competing nations (and Vulshain), to signify Emberton's reputation as the City of Nations, a melting-pot of cultures, ethnicities, and species, a corner of each foreign field on Krytenian soil. As they, and the children, filed out to reserved seating elsewhere in the stadium, it was time for the proper business of the ceremony to begin; the Parade of Nations.

Cafundéu started the ball rolling; as in Ashton, they had been given the position of honour among the participating nations as hosts of the Sixth Summer Olympics. Ad'ihan, Akbarabad, and the debuting Alcia followed behind, the crowd politely cheering each flag as it entered the stadium. Ancharmunn got a small cheer, neighbours Astograth a noticably larger one, whilst the muted cheer for the Arcadian Islands was more due to the fact no-one had ever heard of them. Babbage Islanders and two flavours of Ursines followed (Bahrrenland getting pretty much silence, whilst Bears Armed got some reasonable support - not as much as the bear-worshipping Ashtonians though). Over eighty teams had made their entry into the stadium when, at last, the black and white flag of Zwangzug entered view, and the crowd held its breath...

"Krytenia! Croitenie! Creteña!"

If the stadium had had a full roof, rather than two arcing canopies, the thing would have been torn off by the deafening cheer. The host nation, last into the stadium, waved, took photos, and generally looked beyond ecstatic to be here. With the athletes in place, and the time growing close to nine in the evening, it was time for the final formalities. The Olympic Handover Flag, still on its short pole from the Lasft Games, was brought into the stadium. Cyclist Tom Lorqvist, and greco-wrestling referee James Lomas, both took a corner and recited the Olympic Oath, promising to compete fairly, judge impartially, and otherwised conduct themselves in accordance with the Olympic ideals on behalf of all the athletes and officials present. The Olympic President, alongside His Majesty King Tristan, took to the podium. With a message of best wishes to all the participants, the Games were officially declared open...leaving just one more task to fulfil.

The phrase "passing the torch" is used a lot in sport, but it took a literal meaning here. Carrying the torch in a contraption attached to his wheelchair, it was Percy Matthews who brought the Olympic flame into the stadium. He, of course, had lit the torch in Ashton, but that was not his job here; instead, he passed it on to legendary footballer Kiefer Lloyd. He, in turn, did half a lap of the running track before passing it on to former cyclist Michaela Astarlosa. She made her way to the base of the cauldron, where she was joined by Krytenia's most famous judoka, David Santa Cruz. Michaela lit David's torch, but did not let go of her own; instead, two torches, and two sporting legends, ascented the hydraulic lift to the top of the cauldron. And so it was that the first man, and first woman, to strike gold for Krytenia lit the flame and sent a message to the world.

Welcome to the City of Nations. Welcome to the Nation of Sport. Welcome...to the Games of the Seventh Olympiad.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Carmadin
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Behdmur Dohchoyt'z'nur was restless, not to mention nervous as hell. Ahead of him was the milling sea of track jackets that was Capitalizt SLANI, one of the world's leading nations, both in the olympics and otherwise. Behind him was the expectant mass of over 400 athletes that were his teammates, his countrymen. He wondered if they were as nervous as he was.
He continues looking behind him, somewhere, dimly, he could see the red, white, and blue of Carpathia and Runathia's flag. He shifted the weight of his own flag, the blue, white, red, and yellow banner of his nation, on his shoulder.
Suddenly, from the stands above the tunnel they stood in, came a cheer, followed by the unmistakable bang of dozens of fireworks. The knots in his stomach grew tighter.
Finally, after what seemed like forever, he heard a booming voice echo around the stadium.
"Cafendeu"

Ahead of him, he could barely see a flag exit the tunnel, to enthusiastic approval, it seemed, from the hundred-thousand-plus in the stadium.

"Ad'ihan"
"Akbarabad"
"Alcia"

And so it continued, seemingly never-ending, the delegation behind him moving closer, closer to the mouth of the tunnel. He began to relax. This wasn't too bad. He could hold a flag, and inch towards the tunnel, and the start of the games.
He began to think their turn would never come.
Suddenly, he was snapped out of his thoughts by
"Camwood"

He watched, noticing they were frighteningly close to the tunnel's mouth now.

"Capitalizt SLANI"

No longer was he relaxed. His stomach was acting like it should be the gold-medal contestant in Gymnastics now.
Finally, the moment came. He was poised, poised right at the tunnel's opening, nothing but empty track ahead of him. He held his flag high. He could sense the rest of the delegation, the tension that ran through the air above the group.

"Carmadin"

He took a step. It seemed like the cheering became louder, here, out on the stadium floor. He looked over the sea of flashing cyan. Cameras winked. He held the flag high. He thought he saw a few patches of Carmadin colors amid all the cyan, but he could not be sure. He couldn't be sure this was even happening, that he was leading his nation onto the greatest stage in the world. He dimly heard the smatters of cheers and chants that came with the national football team, as well as the extraordinarily attractive beach volleyball players, already known to the crowd through dozens of commercials.
He held the flag high, as they rounded the final turn, and came to a stop.
He was too excited, too excited to register any of what went on next.
He did, however, hear the final words.

"Welcome, to the games of the Seventh Olympiad"

He held the flag high.
<PIS>: You say boom. I worry
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
WHF 9: 10th place with 16 points
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Vekaiyun Athletes 'March' in Parade of Nations
Reporting for V3 News Services, Rin Slakori

EMBERTON - When Vekaiyu's name was called, the delegation, led by flag bearer and Olympic gold medalist Vinsent Ivere, commenced their walk with a march. The hand motions and step was similar in style to the Vekaiyun Armed Forces marching style, a style that is well-known to Vekaiyuns due to the presence of military parades in the nation.

The delegation later "broke stride" one-quarter of the way into their walk and were more akin to nations that walked before them.

"We wanted to do something different," flag bearer Vinsent Ivere commented after the parade of nations was complete. "We knew Vekaiyuns back home would like it and would see it as it was - a homage to our nation's troops abroad. We're not much into politics, but we would like our service men and women to come home and for their to be peace for Listonia."

Listonia, Vekaiyu's neighbor to the east, has undergone a controversial occupation by Vekaiyun forces after the nation opened fire on Skendia, a large Vekaiyun metropolis located near the Vekaiyun-Listonian border. Vekaiyun troops entered the nation in January and have worked to stabilize the troubled nation. It is well-known many in Vekaiyu wish Listonia, formerly Vekaiyun territory until 1598, could be absorbed by the stronger nation, despite the knowledge of how economically unfeasible it would be.

"It's definitely a belief," Vekaiyun swimmer Riyna McAves pointed-out. "In a perfect world the two states would be united in harmony and both nations could pool their resources together. It's much more complicated than that, though."

A recent poll suggests Vekaiyun athletes are divided over the issue of a Listonian absorption, despite the Vekaiyun Premier, Ikrisia Levinile, already dismissing claims of Vekaiyun territory expansion. Pro-absorption individuals believe such a move is only a smokescreen to ease international tension.

Nevertheless, the all-vulpine team was certainly a sight to be seen. Men and women alike wore traditional Vekaiyun clothing updated for a modern look. Men wore red button-up shirts with black suspenders adorned with "Vekaiyu!" running down each strap attached to black pants and black boots. Women wore red dresses with white-laced vests with "Vekaiyu!" along the right-hand side of the vest and black boots.

Athletes spoke well about the opening ceremonies in general. "I really liked the 88-nation people who originated from all the participating nations," Ivere said. "Unity never looked so diverse."
Last edited by Todd McCloud on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Ferkas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ferkas » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:23 pm

Olympic Stadium
Emberton Krytenia.

"Erulia!"

The names were being called off in stunning regularity now, the announcer seemed to have found his rhythm and the parade of nations was moving smoothly. The last of the Ferkians began to fall into formation, preparing themselves to enter the stadium. At the front was the flag, being held up by Ethan Sirvent, one of the 20km racewalkers. His life story, with plenty of troubles having been overcome and injustices defeated, was the sort of human interest story that all but secured someone the sport of flag carrier for an occasion such as this.

Standing midway down the formation Kyle Reper was glad that he hadn't been asked. He didn't want the extra attention and pressure. Also he couldn't help but think of how heavy that flag looked, especially in the painfully thin arms of Sirvent. Besides he didn't want any extra press attention. They had been hounding him before he left the Kingdom for the Games, although thankfully his coach had managed to keep them at bay now that they had arrived in Krytenia.

"Euskirribakondara!"

He couldn't help but think "What the heck was that?" with the most recent national introduction. Far too many letters for his taste, and he was impressed by the announcers ability to pronounce it clearly. He must have practiced plenty for that. He thought all of this to himself as he carefully pulled something out of his pocket. It was a square of soft purple fabric, wrapped tightly around something. He quickly, but carefully, undid the wrapping, placing the fabric back into his pocket and leaving the olympic gold medal in his hand. He looked down at it for a moment, placing it around his neck right as the announcer called out again...

"Ferkas!"

The group lurched forward in unison. They moved in step with each other, entering the stadium to the blinding lights of the press and the stadium itself, but continuing towards their assigned position. Once there they waited calmly and quietly. Reper watched the torch relay finish up around the stadium and allowed his thoughts to wander...

'They always carry on like this. Plenty of nonsense, what with the torch and passing it off a half dozen times in the final lap. Any excuse to get someone on TV for a few seconds I guess...' He drifted back to the moment, his eyes focusing as the Olympic flame was about to be lit. 'So much symbolism...I really wish coach just let me skip this out. I don't need to be here anyways, why does it matter? Not like this will help me race faster. But the press would tear me apart if I skipped this...' Thinking of the press he made a point of smiling in case any cameras were on him. 'So darn stupid. Lets just hurry this thing up. I'm getting thirsty...'

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:26 pm

ARCHERY SHOWDOWN WITH VALANORA AWAITS

Men's & Women's teams drawn against AO Rivals

In Men's Archery, the Vilita & Turorian contingent was not impressive in the individual tournament but have all qualified for the Round of 64. There will be at least one Vilita & Turori Olympian in the Round of 32 as Tuiali Rijamora and Pneta Riaoks have been drawn against each other in the Round of 64. The other male Archer, Jualil Mieupa, has been paired against John Lewis.

The Men's team sits 15th of the 42 Nations competing and has been drawn against 18th placed Valanora in the Round of 32.

The Women's team fared better than the Men's with all three archers being ranked in the top 16. 16th Rank Zelda Moraia will face off against 113th ranked Toronto McPherson of Taeshan in round 1. Triniti Moraia, placed 14th in the ranking round, will square off with 115th rank Mercedes Espino while Lara Moraia, ranked 11th, was drawn against 118th ranked Kloiki Shi.

The three Moraia sisters will certainly favor their chances to advance to the second round, in addition to their chances in the Team competitions, currently placed 4th among the 34 competion Nations. The Moraia sisters will face off against 29th rank Valanora in the Round of 32.

It is the first ever Olympic competition for Zelda, Triniti and Lara Moraia.

Olympic Cats Open with Victory

Vilita & Turori 2-0 Northern Sunrise Islands

Vilita & Turori opened its Olympic Mens Football campaign with a 2-0 victory over the Northern Sunrise Islands. The Qualifying Round Matchup is the first of three the Olympic Cats will partake in, needing to finish atop their 4 team group in order to advance to the next phase of the competition.

The Olympics are offering a great opportunity for some of the players lower in the pecking order for both the Vilita and Turori National Teams to get more international experience.

Goalscoring experience is what was gained by Xcnaio Bansoa, a goalscorer in the 10th minute, and Ricata Amakra, the defender picking up a looseball 30 yards out and firing a rocket past Northern Sunrise's Andy Cunnington for the young defenders best contribution of the match.

The Olympic Cats will likely face their toughest competition from Cassadaigua, with the third opponent being Ferkas, who defeated Cassadaigua 1-0 on the first qualifying matchday.

Northern Sunrise Islands
:: Goalscorers ::
:: 10' Xcnaio Bansoa
:: 49' Ricata Amakra
:: Goalscorers ::
-None-
:: Best Player: Cristoh Nrubari
:: Worst Player: Ricata Amakra
:: Shots on Target: 3
:: Corner Kicks: 6
:: Best Player: Andy Cunnington
:: Worst Player: Josué Pedrotti
:: Shots on Target: 3
:: Corner Kicks: 6

'lil Eel-Kitties of Vilita & Turori (3-(1-4)-2) ::
[GK] Jawz Tiiaupila, [D] Timmson Leabiura, [D] Ricata Amakra, [D] Baiiub Jual-Knakok, [DMC] Danie Izmao, [ML] Riksa Valjariia, [MC] Cristoh Nrubari, [MC] Relmar Winauat, [MR] Kiroki Mitaroka, [FC] Xcnaio Bansoa, [FC] Actalia Mermaioada
BENCH::
[FC] Erocka Lorei, [M] Astara Daiili, [U] Tyaoino Munviola, [D] Moia Fliporta, [GK] Atacir Tivalan

Vilita Substitutions::
(64) - Cristoh Nrubari >>> Astara Daiili
(74) - Ricata Amakra >>> Tyaoino Munviola
(75) - Xcnaio Bansoa >>> Erocka Lorei

(For Future Statistical Reference)
GK :: Jawz Tiiaupila 6

D :: Timmson Leabiura 8
D :: Ricata Amakra 5
D :: Baiiub Jual-Knakok 9

DMC :: Danie Izmao 8

ML :: Riksa Valjariia 5
MC :: Cristoh Nrubari 8
MC :: Relmar Winauat 8
MR :: Kiroki Mitaroka 7

FC :: Xcnaio Bansoa 7
FC :: Actalia Mermaioada 7

Vilitan Subs Bench:
FC :: Erocka Lorei 5
M :: Astara Daiili 6
U :: Tyaoino Munviola 5
D :: Moia Fliporta DNP
GK :: Atacir Tivalan DNP
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Arcadian Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcadian Islands » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:20 am

With the Opening Ceremony officially opening the Games of the Seventh Olympiad just hours ago, and the glow of the Olympic Flame now warming the skies of Emberton, athletes and fans are getting even more nervous as their events fast approach. Whilst some athletes have already begun to compete, including the Arcadian Islands men's football team who managed a surprising victory over Polar Islandstates, AiBC's coverage will begin with the first official day of competition.

AiBC 3 will provide live and delayed coverage of selected events, as well as highlights for all events not shown in full. AiBC 3 is proud to be the exclusive local broadcaster for the Games of the Seventh Olympiad.

Tune in at 7pm nightly for a wrap-up of all the day's action, followed later by Olympic Reverie with Joey and Gords at 10pm.

Day 1 Preview
(AM)
Basketball – Women – Group Matchday One (Highlights Only)
Qazox vs. Arcadian Islands; watch as Renae Smith, Jessica Camino and Kayla Abbott lead the rest of the girls in the first match of their tough group against a more fancied opponent.

Rowing – Men's lightweight fours – Heats
See Francois Brienne, William Fox, Wes Pearce and Matthieu Haag combine into an untested lightweight fours combination.
Rowing – Men's single sculls – Heats
Alexanderson is an outside medal chance in the single sculls, but will need to make sure he gets through the competitive heats first.
Rowing – Men's double sculls – Heats
Liam Reynolds and Ian Elliott represent a very real medal chance at these games in Emberton; the duo have confessed their desire to go out and set a fast time, make sure you don't miss it!

Rowing – Women's single sculls – Heats (Highlights Only)
Stay tuned as the only female rower representing Arcadian Islands in this session, Tina Hunter, looks to give her best in the toughest competition of her young career.

Swimming – Men's 400m freestyle – Heats
Drop everything for this one; Jarryd Ward, by now a household name across the archipelago, will be in action as he takes the first steps towards complimenting his national title with an Olympic medal, hopefully gold.

(PM)
Handball – Women – Group Matchday One (Highlights Only)
Erulia vs. Arcadian Islands; The women's handball team contests their first match against Erulia, in a contest that could go either way.

Rowing – Men's coxless pairs – Heats
Pearce and Haag team up for the coxless pairs event; famous across Arcadian Islands for their outspoken advocacy for increased funding for watersports.
Rowing – Men's quadruple sculls – Heats (Highlights Only)
The remaining rowers from the mornings events are in action again as they combine to contest the quad sculls; not fancied by many commentators it remains to be seen if the high intensity schedule effects their performance.

Rowing – Women's coxless pairs – Heats
Emily Quail and Renee Fluerty will look to make waves in this event as the hopefully announce their arrival with a dominating performance leading into the finals; not to be missed!
Rowing – Women's quadruple sculls – Heats (Highlights Only)
Quail and Fluerty will contest their second event of the afternoon as they are joined by Josephine Robert and Amy Canning; although the inexperience of the junior rowers in Robert/Canning makes a finals appearance unlikely.

Swimming – Men's 400m freestyle – Final
Hopefully Jarryd Ward progressed through the heats and will appear in the final, and if so, will be a real chance for a medal; if not, "The Best Sports Bloopers" will be shown instead.

Wild Isle
Secretary

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wild Isle » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:33 am

Opening Ceremony

The Olympic opening ceremony captivated all of the athletes
and other visitors.

Roru the Narglatch tells the story of the march of the
nations and the ceremony.

THE GAMES THROUGH THE EYES OF A NARGLATCH

Roru had woken up early to see the bright, orange sun rise to brighten anyones day. In Taparoumotu culture, the sun was a flaming Narglatch that blessed all who were touched by it. Back home, Roru had always seen the sun when it shed its first morning rays. Content with the sun, Roru retired to the Narglatch pen, where he gnawed on the leftover bones from the feast to honor Karakai The Taparoumotueun women had already risen to prepare a delicouis meat stew. After breakfast, Roru was suprised when the rest of the Narglatches got up and left along with the rest of the Taparoumotu. Roru followed, they marched right into the heart of Emberton, drums banging, voices chanting. On the way, Roru Looked at the TV, it said:

Opening Ceremony Today!

Roru thought to himself, "but the games already started, the Taparoumotu team lost and Karakai did well". Roru, deep in thought continued. The Taparoumotueun tribe walked into the stadium's tunnel, which split into five tunnels, a sign read:

A-E  F-J  K-O  P-T  U-Z

Roru instantly recognized the T for Taparoumotuand followed the fourth tunnel. Proud of himself for reckonizing a foreign letter,
Roru didnt notice that the rest of the tribe was not in this tunnel, they had gone through the last one, as Wild Isle.
Roru noticed this too late, horde of Polar Islandstates athletes thundered around Roru, and he was swept with the neverending flow of athletes. Roru beagan walking to what he thought was the exit, it turned out to be a tunnel
leading onto the stage, Roru got a glimpse of glowing neon lights before he was picked up by strong arms, the arms of a
Taparoumotu man. Roru was brought back to the rest of the Taparoumotu people, where he was happy to see glatchy grass for him and his friends. So absorbed in is trough on wheels, full of glatchy grass, Roru didnt notice Taparoumotu
march out of the tunnel, as Roru ate, he wondered what people had thought of him, oh well, he didnt care, all he cared about was this delicious glatchy grass.
Puppet of Salchar

Benjamin Mark
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2012

Postby Benjamin Mark » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:59 am

HELLENSWORTH LOCAL NEWS

Weze-Campos - Morning, I'm Laura Weze-Campos, Zaren Amesquita is off today.

Hu - I'm Jerry Liou-Hu, Josh Kelly is off today.

Weze-Campos - The opening ceremony at Krytenia, was a wonderful sight to see, and the game happening today are even more wonderful, Justine Cook is in Emberton today with the latest. Justine?

Cook - At Emberton Olympic Stadium, the handoff from one olympiad to another was wonderful, people were screaming their lungs off, and were just joyous to be around, Natalie Kingston, leader of the commonwealth was there. Here is Kingston's account.

Kingston - Oh my god, this is so wonderful, so magnificent. Ms. Eltride was our flag-bearer, she held it well. I can't wait for the next opening ceremony.

Cook - The opening ceremony was wonderful, and the events following it will be equally as wonderful, reporting live, Justin Cook, HLN News.

Ferkas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ferkas » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:51 am

Select Day 1 Preview

Basketball and Cycling Provide Ferkian Excitement

National Online Sport Review www.nationalsport.ckf

By: James Duffy

With the opening ceremonies now over the true excitement of the Olympics can begin. Day one includes competition over an array of disciplines, with a few standing out as real gems to Ferkian spectators.

Cycling - Men's Road Race
Broadcast Live on FBC1

In the morning the cyclists will take to the streets, fighting for glory in the Men's Road Race event. Ferkas will be well represented within this event, an indicator of the high esteem to which the sport is held within the Chancellery Kingdom. Ian Gardener and Louis St. Fleur are both in top form following stunning performances on the roads back home. Both men have national titles to their names and are looking at add some international accolades also. The two teammates, who train together back in Ferkas under Coach Ahmed Bali, have expressed their confidence and hope leading into the race.

Gardener - "I feel like I'm rounding out into top form right now for the Games. The crazy thing is, I've thought I've been in shape before, but the way I feel now is so different. Stronger, faster, and lighter. Everything that a cyclist wants, I'm feeling it. I'm pumped, I can't wait to get out there and show the world what I can do now. I feel like I've done well before, but now I feel as if I can reach a whole new level."

St. Fleur - "I would say that I'm pretty confident about my chances, but I'm trying to keep everything in perspective. Coach Bali is great and really has me feeling prepared to compete well tomorrow [editors note: the interview was done after last nights opening ceremonies]. I just have to remember, this is the Olympics. The people here are some of the very best, a true top notch field of highly capable and motivated athletes. Its exciting, this field could never be put together just with domestic riders, but a little scary too. The pressure is high...and thats the way I like it."

Also competing will be Sanchez Meridian, a strong rider no doubt, but not at the same level as Gardener and St. Fleur. Meridian's best asset may very well be his racing mind. He is capable of making quick and intelligent decisions when in the saddle. His tactics have given him domestic victories over many who may have been stronger physically, hopefully he can do the same here.

Womens Basketball, Match Day 1
Live on CSN1

The first match for the womens basketball team will be today also, pitting our team against the team from Homelands Our in the first of the group matches. The women are looking for a rout here, all indicators show the Ferkian team as the obviously stronger of the two. With only one team advancing out of the group stage a win here is crucial to stay atop to the group rankings list. We caught up with a few members of the team to get their impressions of the upcoming game.

Head Coach Andrew Baddely - "I'm pretty excited for the team we have here. We've really been rounding into good form, team chemistry is really strong with this group. This is a talented team and I think they can really put up a strong opening performance."

Marta Vlasic (Capt.) - "Yes, I would say that I'm feeling pretty confident. I think we all are. We are just ready to step up and really compete against whatever team is against us. I know a lot of experts don't think we are the strongest team here, but we really don't feel afraid of any team that is here. They might be good, but I think we can be just as good. I would say that team excitement is really high right now, we are ready to roll."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports