NATION

PASSWORD

North Carolina Bans Same-Sex Marriage and Civil Unions

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gallogach
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallogach » Wed May 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Nova Nacio wrote:
Gallogach wrote:So let me get this straight, you are claiming people are going to lose their jobs or that there will be some form of job loss because civil unions are outlawed. Care to elaborate how not getting married or put in a civil union causes this? And what protections are you referring to that comes with civil unions and why are they so vital? As for civil unions and kids, that seems to be a nonissue at face value in my opinion. Homosexuals cant adopt or have kids in North Carolina so what they have works for them.

Domestic abuse simply becomes assault and should be handled appropriately. Meaning there is also a nonissue. Unless you are implying police will cease enforcing the law because of this ammendment.

With the war on women and children and the poor being waged by the GOP, all you need is to read/look around for proper news - this is just one more state that will be hit hard by this racist, sexist, and rich/corporatist-pandering BS the GOP is doing, all in the name of a religion I AM NOW ASHAMED TO BE APART OF.

The GOP's goal is to use shit like this to discriminate, as well as roll back ALL RIGHTS AND PROTECTIONS for women, children, the poor, and ALL MINORITIES (like Black people, like MYSELF) who need them to survive in a world doomed to eventual violent revolution and/or anarchy, should these rights die.

Religion you are ashamed to be apart of? Then renounce your faith and be done with it instead of attempting to besmirch the religion itself by claiming you are ashamed of who you are because of it. You have the freedom of choice so you should use it instead of claiming yourself a victim who is unable to change. I think I just solved a personal problem for you there. --And I'd like to note that they aren't doing this in the name of religion. There is no religious group standing up on a political platform saying that their goal was to ban civil unions in North Carolina. Get me proof that there was a group campaigning specifically for this before the vote and then we'll talk.

You want to talk about war on women? How is there a war on women? Allowing freedom of religion to be upheld by not forcing the religious organization to do something against its fundamental teachings? That is not a war on women my friend, that is a war on liberty and the right to choose. Nothing more, nothing less. Not a single person said that we should ban contraception or anything of the sort. But what you should look at for war on women is how many of these women lost jobs due to the current economic environment brought about by this administration. Or you could look to how the Democracts actively demean and debase stay at home moms.

War on the poor? There is currently a war to force people to become poor. The number of people on food stamps has doubled since this administration has taken office. So you are correct. This administration wants more poor people now than ever before so the government can dictate what you can and cannot do.

Racists and sexists? Banning civil unions happened because North Carolina is racist and sexist? That makes a sound argument by any standards (Note the sarcasm). Are you implying that men are sexists against the lesbians and that the women are sexist against the gay men? That is as far as my logic takes me but then that would make marriage and having a family all but impossible. Unless you are trying to insinuate that all men and women are self loathing sexists who hate their very existence. At which point they should commit mass suicide and be done with it. As for them being racists, I don't have any statistical data, but I'm pretty sure being a homosexual is indiscriminate to race.

As for rolling back protections; I am still waiting on someone to list for me what protections have been taken. I already noted above how this isn't affecting children protections, and domestic abuse incidents simply become assault. Therefore there is not attack on women's rights here. The poor aren't affected by this unless you can show me how not having a civil union somehow condemns a person to poverty who isn't already rich beyond belief, destroys jobs, or causes economic disparity. And for this being racist, that is a fallacy. Unless you are claiming that majority of people who are gay are minorities. At which time I would like to see statistical data to back this point up.

Ninja'd!!

Gallogach
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallogach » Wed May 09, 2012 4:46 pm

Kaleer wrote:I found this, and I think it's rather telling.

(Image)

I'd like to see what those bachelors are in. Liberal arts perhaps? Trust me, I've been through more than one college and I've experienced first hand how the professors spout their opinions on cultural topics. Anyone who speaks out against them is degraded in front of the class and their grade in the class clearly suffers from it. I was forced to play a professor's game to pass a class once. Actually, just look at this:

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed May 09, 2012 4:50 pm

You know, this whole stripping of rights away from citizens thing, it is a personal slap in the face from the people who voted yes to me.

See unlike a vast majority of those wasters and people here who support Amendment One, I volunteered to serve my country in the US Military. The branch is irrelevant, so was my job but for just for the sake of argument or nitpicking I wasn't behind a desk, I was in harms way.
I served to protect every US citizen, to safeguard their lives and liberties. That means every American and all liberties, no exemptions.
Along the way I have been privileged and honored to meet men and women who also made the sacrifice to dedicate their time to serving this country. Some of these men and women were gay, lesbians, and even a transsexual. They served with no less distinction or honor than I, some even have gone on to be awarded medals for their bravery and skill.

And three of them have died in the line of duty. I talk to the family of one on a regular basis, and they grieve the loss of their son and have welcomed his boyfriend into their lives with open arms and a big heart. I can give no higher praise of them than I know none greater than they.

Every single North Carolinan who either voted to strip away and marginalize certain citizens of the USA or stood idly by while it happened is unworthy of my service and sacrifice, and the same of those who have come before me and those who have come since. This "amendment" sullies my efforts and is wholly unworthy of those who are greater than them, namely my brothers and sisters in or formerly in uniform, and were it up to the vast majority of us we would undertake an errant mission to extricate those who recognized Amendment One for what it is and voted no, then leave the state to wither and die. How fortunate them that this is the United States of America, and though we don't like what they do we are obligated by our oaths and creeds to protect that state as vigorously as we would any other.

You who think that Amendment One isn't a breach of civil liberties and constitutional rights, who think its perfectly justifiable to marginalize belittle and subjugate other human beings for an invalid reason, you are completely unworthy of every member of the US Militaries' service and sacrifice and mine, and for that you should feel no greater shame.
Last edited by Northern Dominus on Wed May 09, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Gallogach
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallogach » Wed May 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:You know, this whole stripping of rights away from citizens thing, it is a personal slap in the face from the people who voted yes to me.

See unlike a vast majority of those wasters and people here who support Amendment One, I volunteered to serve my country in the US Military. The branch is irrelevant, so was my job but for just for the sake of argument or nitpicking I wasn't behind a desk, I was in harms way.
I served to protect every US citizen, to safeguard their lives and liberties. That means every American and all liberties, no exemptions.
Along the way I have been privileged and honored to meet men and women who also made the sacrifice to dedicate their time to serving this country. Some of these men and women were gay, lesbians, and even a transsexual. They served with no less distinction or honor than I, some even have gone on to be awarded medals for their bravery and skill.

And three of them have died in the line of duty. I talk to the family of one on a regular basis, and they grieve the loss of their son and have welcomed his boyfriend into their lives with open arms and a big heart. I can give no higher praise of them than I know none greater than they.

Every single North Carolinan who either voted to strip away and marginalize certain citizens of the USA or stood idly by while it happened is unworthy of my service and sacrifice, and the same of those who have come before me and those who have come since. This "amendment" sullies my efforts and is wholly unworthy of those who are greater than them, namely my brothers and sisters in or formerly in uniform, and were it up to the vast majority of us we would undertake an errant mission to extricate those who recognized Amendment One for what it is and voted no, then leave the state to wither and die. How fortunate them that this is the United States of America, and though we don't like what they do we are obligated by our oaths and creeds to protect that state as vigorously as we would any other.

You who think that Amendment One isn't a breach of civil liberties and constitutional rights, who think its perfectly justifiable to marginalize belittle and subjugate other human beings for an invalid reason, you are completely unworthy of every member of the US Militaries' service and sacrifice and mine, and for that you should feel no greater shame.

First off, how dare you use your military service record to try and villianize those people who voted against your views. As a member of the military, you fought for them to have differing opinions and protect those opinions. So shut your mouth, quit trying to intimidate and bully those with opinions conflicting against your own, and take some pride in the fact that you were a service member by upholding the dignity of your position by protecting those in this country. Whether you like what they are doing or not. It was voted for by the people and it was your sworn duty to uphold it. Not to use your military position to verbally attack them.

Secondly, this is in no way, shape, or form an attack on civil liberties. The state voted to not recognize civil unions or same sex marriages as it applies to law. They have in no way, shape, or form said that they can't get married on their own and live a happy life together. There is nothing stopping them from doing that and there is no criminalization of any act with this amendment. So those of you who says it strips away your liberty can try and twist it but the facts are very plain. No liberty is being taken away, no one is being punished.

Cerberion
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2010
Corporate Police State

Postby Cerberion » Wed May 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Tmutarakhan wrote:
Cerberion wrote:

Actually I expressed the statement that everyone deserves equal right to freedom.

We were talking about the issue of whether insurance companies might renege on health-care coverage and see if the courts would let them get away with it. Your response was that it would be a good thing if companies had the "right" to be assholes in this way. And, this was your first reaction: to come in and kick people while they're down. Now you claim that you have a prior history of being supportive of civil unions, which you don't: just like on the previous thread, where you also made claims that you had a history of opposing bullying, when you have no record except for making statements against opponents of bullying.

As I have supported civil unions in this thread consistantly your statement is ludicrous.
I believe a corporation should indeed have the right to decide who they offer their benefits to. I don't give a rats if you think that's evil. It's called freedom.

So thank you for your judgment based on your preconceived, and as it turns out, incorrect assessment of who I am and what I believe.

Oh, and no history. I did some digging and here in March of this year and here again in May of 2010 are two more examples of me saying the same darn thing.
Last edited by Cerberion on Wed May 09, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed May 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:Oh right, all those inbred rednecks from the sticks who believe what some bigoted asshole screaming from a pulpit while glancing at a holy book that voted in favor of the amendment are just APPALLED that it banned civil unions.

For someone who is supposedly railing about tolerance, you sound an awful lot like a bigot to me.

My fellow North Carolinians who campaigned in opposition to the amendment for the last several months don't really need a Chicagoan to call us a bunch of inbred rednecks from the sticks. Why you've singled out this single state to malign and insult, I don't know. But I can tell you from reading this thread that there are plenty of non-bigoted, well meaning North Carolina residents right here on NationStates, and we don't appreciate your constant stream of insults.

Knock it the hell off, wouldja?
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Wed May 09, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Wed May 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Orcoa wrote:Thank you North Carolina, For showing us that you are nothing more but a bunch of dickless rednecks with shit for brains. I hope you burn in hell :)

There are 40ish states that have laws on the books banning gay marriage. I don't like what we did but it's not unusual.
Last edited by United Dependencies on Wed May 09, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Orcoa wrote:Thank you North Carolina, For showing us that you are nothing more but a bunch of dickless rednecks with shit for brains. I hope you burn in hell :)

*** One day ban for trolling ***.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Avalar
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Avalar » Wed May 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:You know, this whole stripping of rights away from citizens thing, it is a personal slap in the face from the people who voted yes to me.

Well maybe when the US Army is done spreading democracy in Afghanistan they can spread some democracy in North Carolina.
NSG's Sexiest Aussie Blonde Surfer, PK, and 1Direction fan boy!

The Nuclear Fist wrote:Bow down thy soulless cast,
From the earth from whence ye fell far.
The path of smoldering brimstone leads,
To the chamber in which dwells Avalar.

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Wed May 09, 2012 5:41 pm

Gallogach wrote:
Kaleer wrote:I found this, and I think it's rather telling.

(Image)

I'd like to see what those bachelors are in. Liberal arts perhaps? Trust me, I've been through more than one college and I've experienced first hand how the professors spout their opinions on cultural topics. Anyone who speaks out against them is degraded in front of the class and their grade in the class clearly suffers from it. I was forced to play a professor's game to pass a class once. Actually, just look at this:

"Detention" != "College classroom."

The demographics of the divide are complex, but the biggest effect is generational.

As discussed here, education also has a significant effect. The map is not coincidental; opposition to gay marriage is centered in those who are older, and also those who are less educated.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed May 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Gallogach wrote:

First off, how dare you use your military service record to try and villianize those people who voted against your views. As a member of the military, you fought for them to have differing opinions and protect those opinions. So shut your mouth, quit trying to intimidate and bully those with opinions conflicting against your own, and take some pride in the fact that you were a service member by upholding the dignity of your position by protecting those in this country. Whether you like what they are doing or not. It was voted for by the people and it was your sworn duty to uphold it. Not to use your military position to verbally attack them.

Secondly, this is in no way, shape, or form an attack on civil liberties. The state voted to not recognize civil unions or same sex marriages as it applies to law. They have in no way, shape, or form said that they can't get married on their own and live a happy life together. There is nothing stopping them from doing that and there is no criminalization of any act with this amendment. So those of you who says it strips away your liberty can try and twist it but the facts are very plain. No liberty is being taken away, no one is being punished.

How dare I use my experience and viewpoints to shine a light into hatred and bigotry? No, the outrage should be how dare the citizens of North Carolina who voted in favor of Amendment One deny same-sex couples the same rights and privileges afford to straight couples. My service and sacrifice entitles me to a viewpoint and perspective that most of those voters don't have, and their votes sicken and disturb not only me but the vast majority of men and women in the armed forces.
Furthermore how dare you belittle me for detailing how I am personally offended by the blatant attack on civil rights and liberties? As I said I served my country defending those rights and liberties for ALL Americans, and while that does mean I was obligated to protect the bigoted ignoramuses who think this is a good thing, I also was obligated to protect the people they so adamantly hate and fear. Furthermore, the same gay lesbian bisexual and transsexual people that they so fear also put themselves in harms way, and to have their sacrifices rewarded with a state so publicly stating that they're unworthy of the rights they fought to defend is a vile travesty of justice to say the least.

Are you even aware of what the ban entails? This isn't marriage in the sense of going into some building and having some holy person bless your union while relatives look on, this is a ban on a valid legal state-recognized marriages. This ban means that same-sex couples aren't allowed the same tax breaks for cohabitation as other couples, not allowed to see each other in the hospital or be informed of their status, not able to collect bereavement benefits when a partner dies. It is the start of a slippery slope.
Here is just a partial list of the benefits and privileges of marriage. This is what same-sex couples are now denied in North Carolina.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/mar_bene.htm

And before you go further how this isn't constitutional, marriage is a fundamental right:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_rights
And justifying Amendment One as anything other than unconstitutional and a violation of civil rights is not only flawed and flat-out wrong, as I stated earlier I view it as a personal slap in the face and wholly unworthy of my efforts and sacrifices while serving in the US Military.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Wed May 09, 2012 5:44 pm

A Facepalm doesn't even begin to cover how I feel about this amendment. Of course, my actual beliefs are too strong for these forums, so, yeah... I will instead be of a more calm ilk, and state as follows:

This amendment is another disgusting proof that the United States government is pushing further against founding secular values to turn the US into a theocratic dictatorship (just like the ones we like to invade).
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed May 09, 2012 5:45 pm

And another state struggles to preserve the taboo kinkiness of gay sex.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed May 09, 2012 5:46 pm

If some states allow gay marriage and others ban it, eventually the US will be split into "gay" and "straight" states. At least to conservatives.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Wed May 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Permission to repost this so I can shame my relatives?
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed May 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Oh right, all those inbred rednecks from the sticks who believe what some bigoted asshole screaming from a pulpit while glancing at a holy book that voted in favor of the amendment are just APPALLED that it banned civil unions.

For someone who is supposedly railing about tolerance, you sound an awful lot like a bigot to me.

My fellow North Carolinians who campaigned in opposition to the amendment for the last several months don't really need a Chicagoan to call us a bunch of inbred rednecks from the sticks. Why you've singled out this single state to malign and insult, I don't know. But I can tell you from reading this thread that there are plenty of non-bigoted, well meaning North Carolina residents right here on NationStates, and we don't appreciate your constant stream of insults.

Knock it the hell off, wouldja?

Again North Carolina is being singled out because of the rather public way and the sickening pride some of the proponents of this amendment are displaying it.
I apologize if it seemed that I was throwing all North Carolina residents under the bus. It was a majority, but it wasn't a big one, so I am well aware (and after some earned proverbial head slaps from you and other people) that there is strident opposition to the bill.

However, as the maps have shown it's primarily more urban and college influenced counties that voted no to the amendment. One could then surmise that a lot of the people who voted in favor of the amendment were in fact live in more isolated rural areas and aren't educated beyond high school and generally are subjected to regular earbashings courtesy of a hate monger behind a dias that uses a holy book as a cover for their own bigotry.

Avalar
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Avalar » Wed May 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Gallogach wrote:

How dare I use my experience and viewpoints to shine a light into hatred and bigotry? No, the outrage should be how dare the citizens of North Carolina who voted in favor of Amendment One deny same-sex couples the same rights and privileges afford to straight couples. My service and sacrifice entitles me to a viewpoint and perspective that most of those voters don't have, and their votes sicken and disturb not only me but the vast majority of men and women in the armed forces.
Furthermore how dare you belittle me for detailing how I am personally offended by the blatant attack on civil rights and liberties? As I said I served my country defending those rights and liberties for ALL Americans, and while that does mean I was obligated to protect the bigoted ignoramuses who think this is a good thing, I also was obligated to protect the people they so adamantly hate and fear. Furthermore, the same gay lesbian bisexual and transsexual people that they so fear also put themselves in harms way, and to have their sacrifices rewarded with a state so publicly stating that they're unworthy of the rights they fought to defend is a vile travesty of justice to say the least.

Are you even aware of what the ban entails? This isn't marriage in the sense of going into some building and having some holy person bless your union while relatives look on, this is a ban on a valid legal state-recognized marriages. This ban means that same-sex couples aren't allowed the same tax breaks for cohabitation as other couples, not allowed to see each other in the hospital or be informed of their status, not able to collect bereavement benefits when a partner dies. It is the start of a slippery slope.
Here is just a partial list of the benefits and privileges of marriage. This is what same-sex couples are now denied in North Carolina.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/mar_bene.htm

And before you go further how this isn't constitutional, marriage is a fundamental right:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_rights
And justifying Amendment One as anything other than unconstitutional and a violation of civil rights is not only flawed and flat-out wrong, as I stated earlier I view it as a personal slap in the face and wholly unworthy of my efforts and sacrifices while serving in the US Military.

It's only same sex marriage. No need to get worked up. I agree with you (I think :? ) but you need to calm down

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed May 09, 2012 5:48 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:

Permission to repost this so I can shame my relatives?

Hell, make a poster out of it if it helps.

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Wed May 09, 2012 5:55 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:This is what same-sex couples are now still denied in North Carolina.

Fixed for factual accuracy. The state already failed to recognize same-sex civil unions and marriages; the amendment does not change this.

It does, however, make it harder to change it in the future, which is why they did it.

New Asgariath
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Asgariath » Wed May 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Honestly, I think I could have been somewhat pro-gay marriage if the constant anti-Republican rants and liberal economic policies didn't alienate me.

As it stands now, I'm glad to see that the liberals have been pushed back in yet another state.
Last edited by New Asgariath on Wed May 09, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christ is Risen
Secretary

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Christ is Risen » Wed May 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Very glad North Carolina passed this amendment.

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Postby United Dependencies » Wed May 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Christ is Risen wrote:Very glad North Carolina passed this amendment.

Why?

We already had a law in place. Why do we need to pile on an amendment to our constitution? The constitution is no place for trivial matters like marriage.

Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

Avalar
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Avalar » Wed May 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Of cause you are...

Hallistar
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Wed May 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Does it make Jesus feel happy inside or something? Is he preparing those barbecue skewers in hell for the billions of humans who dared to enjoy their lives and be themselves?

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Postby United Dependencies » Wed May 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Hallistar wrote:

Does it make Jesus feel happy inside or something? Is he preparing those barbecue skewers in hell for the billions of humans who dared to enjoy their lives and be themselves?

Well sure, what did you think all the heavenly souls would be eating at the great feast?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General