NATION

PASSWORD

Daily Life in Elbania (CLOSED, MT, ATTN ArghNeedAName)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Elbania
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Daily Life in Elbania (CLOSED, MT, ATTN ArghNeedAName)

Postby Elbania » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Trebizond, Elbania
April 2, 2012

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

It was half past seven, when Diana Smith was woken up by her alarm. She was 32, and was married to Kevin Smith, and even had a daughter, Kiana J. Smith, aged 4. They lived in the smallest county in population, Trebizond, 23 people, 20 of whom live in the county hamlet of Trebizond. Until 1998, granite was a major source of income within the county. Since the last granite mine closed, it went down from 4,281 people in the county, 3,193 that lived in Port Trebizond in 1990, to 74 people, 70 living in the county seat, in 2000, and now to 23. As she got dressed, she knew that she was the breadwinner, since her husband runs a daycare at their house, with 5 children, Ariel, aged 3, Simba, aged 2, Kiana, aged 4, Troy, aged 4 and a special needs child, Hamza, aged 7.

Indeed, Diana worked at a school in Port Borogravia, the second largest city on the island, behind Port Jevosk, the de-facto capital. Soon, after she got dressed and took a shower, she headed out, and into the car.

Starting the ignition, in her 1977 Ford Pinto Cruising Wagon, she felt ready to go. Everything was ready, even the gasoline, and soon made a U-turn on the only street, Main Street, part of National Highway 1, a perimeter road around the island, and headed northwards, to Port Borogravia.
Last edited by Elbania on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:29 pm

In between Trebizond and Port Borogravia was a small farmhouse. It was here she stopped over to pick up Michael Haras, who also taught at the school.

"Good morning Diana," he said with a nod, as he entered the car. He handed her a wad of banknotes. "Here's the $50 for the fuel". In return for having a lift to the school where he also worked, Haras paid for most of the fuel of the car. It was expensive in Elbania; ArghNeedAName refused to supply them.

Like many Elbanians, Haras had a Borogravian surname and blond hair that clearly revealed his Borogravian descent.

Soon afterwards, the car drove into Port Borogravia, a town with a population of about 3,200.
President: Malcolm Whitacre
Prime Minister: Mark Robinson
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs: Michael Barton
1 (Ignore) - 2 (Grumble) - 3 (Threaten) - 4 (Invade) - 5 (Lose)
United Provinces of ArghNeedAName (Note the change!)
Adjective: ArghNeedANamic; Demonym: ArghNeedANamer
Wiki Page Constitution Glossary Hansard
RP Population: 104 million
Embassy program now still open!
Interested in creating a parliamentary diagram? View my guide here!

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:33 pm

ArghNeedAName wrote:In between Trebizond and Port Borogravia was a small farmhouse. It was here she stopped over to pick up Michael Haras, who also taught at the school.

"Good morning Diana," he said with a nod, as he entered the car. He handed her a wad of banknotes. "Here's the $50 for the fuel". In return for having a lift to the school where he also worked, Haras paid for most of the fuel of the car. It was expensive in Elbania; ArghNeedAName refused to supply them.

Like many Elbanians, Haras had a Borogravian surname and blond hair that clearly revealed his Borogravian descent.

Soon afterwards, the car drove into Port Borogravia, a town with a population of about 3,200.

"Thank you, madam," she replied. After she got in, and buckled up, she headed to Port Borogravia. Port Jevosk was the largest, at 15,281 people. Within 9 minutes, they arrived at an intersection, Central Avenue and Main Street. If one kept going straight, they'll be on the highway, to the left, to the docks, and right, to the houses. After getting fuel, she then arrived at the staff parking lot of the Johesk Levonon Primary School, and opened the doors for both.

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Most of the buildings in Elbania were made of wood, and the school was no exception. The school building was a much larger wooden structure than the surrounding houses, and had an old-fashioned bell tower, though the bell was never rang these days except when pupils messed around. A billboard next to the entrance showed a picture of Johesk Levonon.

Inside, the building was drafty and always cold. The roof always found one place where it could leak; today there was a bucket placked in the corner of the entrance room to a dripping water. Through a door, they entered the central corridor of the school. The classrooms were on either sides.

In total the school had about about 500 pupils, sorted into 7 years and 14 classes. Haras, the deputy headteacher, was one of the only two male teachers, and taught the top year.
Last edited by ArghNeedAName on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Finally, she entered the Grade 1 classroom (Kindergarten was not mandatory and only available in Port Jevosk), to the happiness of the 21 Grade 1 students, all six years old, save one, who was seven.

"Good morning, class. I am Mrs. Smith, and today, we will learn these subjects. First is our native tongue, Welsh, and after recess, Physical Education will be next. Then, after lunch, it will be Arithmetic, and then Reading, and then you get to head home!" She had a bright smile, and promptly picked up the chalk. As she did attendance, on a board where it records who was present this week, she marked an X on those that are not present, with the familiar screeching sound of chalk on an old blackboard.

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:01 pm

Michael Haras entered his classroom to the Grade 7 pupils. "Good morning Class 7A," he said.

"Good morning Mister Haras," came a dreary chant. Someone near the back of the class could be heard saying "Morning madam!".

"Enough! Dobson! You really don't want to get the cane at this time of morning."

The top year classes always got the best equipment, including a whiteboard, although the supply of pens was often limited. As a result, the classroom still had a blackboard, with the timetable displayed on it. Today Class 7A would have Citizenship and Science in the morning, and Religious Instruction and Arithmatics in the afternoon.
Last edited by ArghNeedAName on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:13 pm

"Today," explained Mrs. Smith, "we will learn to write and recite the Lord's Prayer in Welsh."

Soon, she picked up the chalk and wrote the following down:

Ein Tad yn y nefoedd,
sancteiddier dy enw.
Deled dy deyrnas,
gwneler dy ewyllys,
ar y ddaear fel yn y nef.
Dyro i ni heddiw ein bara beunyddiol,
a maddau i ni ein dyledion,
fel yr ydym hefyd wedi maddau ein dyledwyr.
Ac nid arwain ni i brofedigaeth;
eithr gwared ni rhag drwg.
Amen.

Afterwards, she said, "Take out your papers, and write the Lords Prayer down in proper handwriting. Once complete, I would like you to recite it in Welsh."

Another student, Alexia William was proud that Citizenship was the first class. Indeed, it was favorite, and was eager for the class to begin.

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:15 pm

Citizenship classes included learning about the law, the idealogy of fascism, the life stories of Johesk and Peterson Levonon and current affairs.

Today they were doing a series of lessons about communism. Haras explained to the class about the upcoming election.

"Elections in ArghNeedAName are meaningless. All politicians know each other well and belong to an overarching club. After the next election is held, some seats in Parliament may change hands but there will be no major change in policy.

You will see how the Bacon-controlled and communist-steered political club in ArghNeedAName stifles the leader's ability to govern and lead. President Whitacre is undoubtably anti-communist and willing to work with Luziyca, yet his position is fairly powerless. Under democracy, a leader is a marionette who is responsible for carrying out other people's dirty work.

From time to time, the Club of Ankh Morpork lets in new politicians to give the impression they are in touch with the population..."

Meanwhile, James Luiksen was in Diana's class, dreading the PE lesson.

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:24 pm

ArghNeedAName wrote:Citizenship classes included learning about the law, the idealogy of fascism, the life stories of Johesk and Peterson Levonon and current affairs.

Today they were doing a series of lessons about communism. Haras explained to the class about the upcoming election.

"Elections in ArghNeedAName are meaningless. All politicians know each other well and belong to an overarching club. After the next election is held, some seats in Parliament may change hands but there will be no major change in policy.

You will see how the Bacon-controlled and communist-steered political club in ArghNeedAName stifles the leader's ability to govern and lead. President Whitacre is undoubtably anti-communist and willing to work with Luziyca, yet his position is fairly powerless. Under democracy, a leader is a marionette who is responsible for carrying out other people's dirty work.

From time to time, the Club of Ankh Morpork lets in new politicians to give the impression they are in touch with the population..."

Meanwhile, James Luiksen was in Diana's class, dreading the PE lesson.

Alexia then raised her hand, and said, "Madam, so, is there any evidence that this system does not work?"

Finally, she finished her Welsh class when the bell rang, dismissing the class for recess, which lasts for 15 minutes. Soon, the children headed outside, to the playground, beside the school, made of wood. A fence would surround the school yard.

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:43 pm

(OOC: Got permission from Luziyca via TG, being Elbania his puppet.)

Varyvela Vyelevyn, aged 37, is a person with Iglesian roots. She lives in Port Borogravia, being granddaughter of one of Agreste's high-ranking officials who migrated to the island following the Blue Revolution, resulting in turning loyal to the fascists in ArghNeedAName and supporting Jehosk; he was elected to represent Ankh Morpork (its de jure capital which was not controlled) in 1944, having represented the city for 20 years until 1964, when he died at the age of 91.

Varyvela vehemently opposed the regime controlling Elbania, with the fear that her last hour would come for her strong opposition to the Elbanian government. She learns a lot throughout the Internet (even if it is only allowed for ambassadors and high-ranking Elbanian government officials).

She teaches people at the same school, having done so since 2000 with her Reading classes, and she has done through the rigid rules of Elbanian education. But for her, the day has come to "tell the truth behind the propaganda which is forcing you to agree with the Elbanian government", as she says in a class.

"It has been 65 years that all of you have been brainwashed to agree with everything with the government. And my grandfather came from a country where since 1917 I can say everything I want and I don't get punished: in fact, there are no prisons in a country called Iglesiantis. Do you know something about Iglesiantis?"
Last edited by Iglesian Archipelago on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Iglesian Archipelago wrote:(OOC: Got permission from Luziyca via TG, being Elbania his puppet.)

Varyvela Vyelevyn, aged 37, is a person with Iglesian roots. She lives in Port Borogravia, being granddaughter of one of Agreste's high-ranking officials who migrated to the island before the Blue Revolution, resulting in turning loyal to the fascists in ArghNeedAName and supporting Jehosk; he was elected to represent Ankh Morpork (its de jure capital which was not controlled) in 1944, having represented the city for 20 years until 1964, when he died at the age of 91.

Varyvela vehemently opposed the regime controlling Elbania, with the fear that her last hour would come for her strong opposition to the Elbanian government. She learns a lot throughout the Internet (even if it is only allowed for ambassadors and high-ranking Elbanian government officials).

She teaches people at the same school, having done so since 2000 with her Reading classes, and she has done through the rigid rules of Elbanian education. But for her, the day has come to "tell the truth behind the propaganda which is forcing you to agree with the Elbanian government", as she says in a class.

"It has been 65 years that all of you have been brainwashed to agree with everything with the government. And my grandfather came from a country where since 1917 I can say everything I want and I don't get punished: in fact, there are no prisons in a country called Iglesiantis. Do you know something about Iglesiantis?"

A forest of hands would shoot up. In this classroom at the Saint Anthony Primary School, in Port Jevosk, populated with around 15,000 people, it served as the de-facto capital of Elbania.

After she chose one, she replied, "Yes, I do actually." Her name was Jane Smith, and was part of the National Youth League (Welsh: Cynghrair Cenedlaethol Ieuenctid), created in 1948, and . "It is a communist dictatorship, where for every act that opposes political correctness, it gets you thrown in gulags, which claims they do not exist. Indeed, they even hire people to act 'conservative' to trick many nations into thinking Iglesiantis has freedom. However, we know the truth."

The CCL or NYL was known for spreading the ideology of fascism. It is optional to join one, but it gives better career opportunities, hence why many join it. Its range was ages 5 to 21.

"The truth is, it is a communist dictatorship, that harms its people."

"Amen," shouted a voice from the back of the room.

"Shush," Jane whispered.

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Varyvela says: "Well... the current Iglesian President is an independent and the current Prime Minister of that country is from the Iglesian Democratic Party... that of Iglesiantis being a communist dictatorship could come from Luziycans or Hippostanians as well, but I don't believe so. I'm granddaughter of an Agreste's high-ranking official who migrated to the island in 1917 following the Blue Revolution and he collaborated with ArghNeedANamic fascists and supported Jehosk, being elected to represent Ankh Morpork, the capital of ArghNeedAName, for 20 years, from 1944 to 1964. I, on the other hand, I see the current regime ruling Elbania as dictatorial. I wanted to show you something, but first, do you know what Internet is?"
Last edited by Iglesian Archipelago on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:00 pm

When they heard 'dictatorial', the entire classroom booed. Many said, "No, the internet is communist," before resuming the booing of the teacher. Calling their native "free" land dictatorial, was seen as a grave offense, both legally and socially. Thus, they kept booing, some throwing insults at the teacher, calling her a communist spy.

In fact Jane would sneak out, to use a telephone. When asked the reason, she stated to call the police that there was a communist spy brainwashing the children. Granted, she soon would call.

"9-1-1. Yes, this is Jane Smith, I am at the front office of the Saint Anthony Primary School. I wish to report that there is a communist spy teaching us propaganda from Iglesiantis. Please take her to jail. Thanks."

After hanging up, she headed back to her classroom, grinning.

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Vary (commonly a short name for Varyvela) says: "The Internet may be used by everyone, from communists to fascists, from authoritarians to libertarians and everybody else in between. The newspapers you usually read are censored to force people to delight the regime while many people are being executed for believing in other ideas. In my opinion, this violates freedom of speech."

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Iglesian Archipelago wrote:Vary (commonly a short name for Varyvela) says: "The Internet may be used by everyone, from communists to fascists, from authoritarians to libertarians and everybody else in between. The newspapers you usually read are censored to force people to delight the regime while many people are being executed for believing in other ideas. In my opinion, this violates freedom of speech."

Just as she finished that, a military police officer, John Shyvosk, a Luziycan who joined the military in the 1980s, and now in the 10th Regiment, 4th Brigade, entered the building.

"I am here to arrest a communist spy. Where is she?"

"In her homeroom, sir."

"Thank you."

Finally, he marched down the hallways, his footsteps echoing. Once he arrived into the classroom, he wore a military uniform, and was ready to arrest her.

"You are under arrest, for teaching communist propaganda to the students in the Grade 3 classroom. Come with me." He then forced her arms to go behind the back, twisting a knot together with a string, and then placed a handcuff on her right arm.

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:06 am

Varyvela replies: "I'd like to see people speaking freely without censorship. Why is this happening?"

Afterwards, the school atrium was projecting an Elbanian propaganda film, which said that people should be "proud to be Elbanians and fight for their freedom."

However, immediately after the propaganda film was shown, it was shown a report from Yareva Informasya, one of the best-known and most watched Iglesian 24-hour news channels (together with RTI News and Newsroom 24). This included the countdown to the beginning of the news programme, including the brand new futuristic, technospatial intro (used from 27th February, 2012 onwards), the headlines and the first news story, which was a report related to Elbania, showing images of torture and execution.
Last edited by Iglesian Archipelago on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:17 am

No-one really knew that Michael was an undercover operative for the ArghNeedAName Secret Service (ASS). It was an ironic job to have when he did the regime's dirty work in Port Borogravia. Every month, he reported to a superior operative called 'Roland' in Port Jevosk, who had direct contact with mainland ArghNeedAName. Since he didn't have a car, Michael had to catch the 5pm bus service to take him around the island. There were at least three other operatives on the island who reported to 'Roland', but Michael had never met them. He did know that one of the informants lived in Port Jevosk.

There were only three buses in Elbania, and only a few services a day on the island's two bus routes. They were decrepid vehicles, at least 40 years old. Michael had once compared the buses to the Ship of Theseus. Almost every component or panel would have been replaced at least once. The journey along the narrow clifftop roads was terrifying, especially as the bus drivers seemed to think that they were on a roller coaster.

The bus ran out of fuel in Statler, forcing him to walk the rest of the journey. By the time he came in sight of Port Jevosk, it was a long time after dark. On the edge of the island's largest town was a large transmittor and Roland's meeting place was in a house very close to the base of it.

Roland had good news - he had managed to hack the transmittor to a point where he could now access most Iglesian television stations (although he was still some way from accessing those in ArgNeedAName). But there were other news:

"I have another operative of mine - he does the same job as you, but he's Iglesian - has discovered his daughter arrested for criticising the regime in class. This girl was only 7 years old."

"Why couldn't she learn to keep her mouth shut?" asked Michael, rather unimpressed "God I hate Levonon too but I'm not thick enough to announce it in public."

"Only 7 years old, Michael. And if her household speaks freely, she probably thinks she can speak freely anywhere. Alas for the innocence of childhood! Dictatorship is an idea so alien to children. But to the point - I want her rescued. I don't know how much she knows about me or the hacking project, but she might give it away if she gets tortured or whatever. And if they find out, I'll have to run. It'll set back my whole hacking project by about a year."

"You're mad, Roland. You want to rescue her?"

"Yes, Michael. If I can't, I need to at least find contact with her. But a rescue is far better."

"What will you do when she's rescued?"

"I'll summon a boat from the mainland [ArghNeedAName] and maybe even get the whole family evacuated."

"You're mad Roland! You'll get yourself killed trying to get someone out of jail!"

"You said the same when I proposed hacking this transmittor, Michael."

"True."

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:09 pm

ArghNeedAName wrote:No-one really knew that Michael was an undercover operative for the ArghNeedAName Secret Service (ASS). It was an ironic job to have when he did the regime's dirty work in Port Borogravia. Every month, he reported to a superior operative called 'Roland' in Port Jevosk, who had direct contact with mainland ArghNeedAName. Since he didn't have a car, Michael had to catch the 5pm bus service to take him around the island. There were at least three other operatives on the island who reported to 'Roland', but Michael had never met them. He did know that one of the informants lived in Port Jevosk.

There were only three buses in Elbania, and only a few services a day on the island's two bus routes. They were decrepid vehicles, at least 40 years old. Michael had once compared the buses to the Ship of Theseus. Almost every component or panel would have been replaced at least once. The journey along the narrow clifftop roads was terrifying, especially as the bus drivers seemed to think that they were on a roller coaster.

The bus ran out of fuel in Statler, forcing him to walk the rest of the journey. By the time he came in sight of Port Jevosk, it was a long time after dark. On the edge of the island's largest town was a large transmittor and Roland's meeting place was in a house very close to the base of it.

Roland had good news - he had managed to hack the transmittor to a point where he could now access most Iglesian television stations (although he was still some way from accessing those in ArgNeedAName). But there were other news:

"I have another operative of mine - he does the same job as you, but he's Iglesian - has discovered his daughter arrested for criticising the regime in class. This girl was only 7 years old."

"Why couldn't she learn to keep her mouth shut?" asked Michael, rather unimpressed "God I hate Levonon too but I'm not thick enough to announce it in public."

"Only 7 years old, Michael. And if her household speaks freely, she probably thinks she can speak freely anywhere. Alas for the innocence of childhood! Dictatorship is an idea so alien to children. But to the point - I want her rescued. I don't know how much she knows about me or the hacking project, but she might give it away if she gets tortured or whatever. And if they find out, I'll have to run. It'll set back my whole hacking project by about a year."

"You're mad, Roland. You want to rescue her?"

"Yes, Michael. If I can't, I need to at least find contact with her. But a rescue is far better."

"What will you do when she's rescued?"

"I'll summon a boat from the mainland [ArghNeedAName] and maybe even get the whole family evacuated."

"You're mad Roland! You'll get yourself killed trying to get someone out of jail!"

"You said the same when I proposed hacking this transmittor, Michael."

"True."

OOC: Sorry, but the 8 year old actually reported Varyleva. ;)

IC: "Sorry," said the officer, "but the law is the law, Varyleva." Thus, they would take the teacher to prison.

Meanwhile, when they saw the propaganda film, they felt proud, but when they saw the report, the entire CLASSROOM walked out of the school. They knew that Yareva was communist, and loyal to their nation, they obeyed, following their commands from their Glorious Leader, Johesk Levonon.

OOC: Timeship to after-school.

IC: The bell chimed at quarter past three, and the children would soon walk home or for those living in Trebizond, or the surrounding farms, they took the school bus, around 40 years old. Finally, Mrs. Smith walked up to Micheal Hara, and asked, "Do you want to visit my village where I live?"

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Varyvela felt terrible while she was imprisoned. She says that being imprisoned for believing in other ideas is a violation to freedom of speech, and she says that she is not living in a free land. For her, it was time to escape from prison, even if it meant execution.

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Iglesian Archipelago wrote:Varyvela felt terrible while she was imprisoned. She says that being imprisoned for believing in other ideas is a violation to freedom of speech, and she says that she is not living in a free land. For her, it was time to escape from prison, even if it meant execution.

After two months of abuse at the Huswa Varanken Detention Center, one of its "minimum-security prisons," a guard arrived.

"Mademoiselle, you are now heading to the courthouse. Come with me." Promptly, she dragged Varyvela from her cell, and took her outside, into a police car, a 1959 Mustang.

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Varyvela thinks and says: "Oh my god, now I'm under the shackles of a country where nobody has rights..."

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Iglesian Archipelago wrote:Varyvela thinks and says: "Oh my god, now I'm under the shackles of a country where nobody has rights..."

"Hoffwn i chi farw, rydych bradwr," the guard insulted Varyvela in Welsh. It meant, "I wish you were dead, you traitor." Soon, after tossing her in the back, he headed back, while another police officer drove her to the courthouse, right on the First of April Square (Welsh: Cyntaf o Ebrill Sgwâr), named after the day in 1929 when Johesk himself began his struggle against communism. Or so propaganda depicted.

When they arrived, the officer got up, and shoved Varyvela out, before dragging her onto the steps of the courthouse.

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:51 pm

"And now, what happens?", Varyvela asks and thinks. She feels extremely nervous.

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Iglesian Archipelago wrote:"And now, what happens?", Varyvela asks and thinks. She feels extremely nervous.

"You are up for a 'trial,' mademoiselle."

Soon, they dragged her to the courtroom and sat at the defendant's chair. Typically, it would have a judge and jury, but due to the State of Temporary Rebellion, in force since 1945, it had a panel of 10 soldiers from the 5th Brigade of the 1st Regiment.

After doing the usual greetings, they read the charges, not giving the defendant ANY chance to appeal whatsoever, as if the fate was decided by God. A key charge was "treason against the free State of ArghNeedAName," and "teaching communist propaganda." Then, they sentenced her, to death by "burning at the stake." This form occurs once a year now, largely replaced with execution by firing squad.

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:24 pm

And, as Varyvela returns to prison, she says and thinks: "I'll leave this place." She is beginning her plans to escape from prison.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates