NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend The NationStates Community

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Azerzia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Commend The NationStates Community

Postby Azerzia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:36 am

Now at vote: Security Council

SECURITY COUNCIL

Commend The NationStates Community
A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation | Nominee: The NationStates Community | Proposed by: Azerzia

Description: The World Assembly,

OBSERVING that on 1 April 2012, and the hours immediately before and after, the communication company used by all the nations of the world to contact one another offered shares of itself in proportion to national population,

FURTHER OBSERVING that an international organization, OMG INC, was created to allow for the largest share holder, and thus controller of power, to be a single nation representative of the entire world which would be answerable to the desires of the world,

CLARIFYING that OMG INC was managed in a manner of 'one nation, one vote' and made decisions based on the votes of all nations willing to cast a ballot, not just those controlling the shares,

NOTING that the nation of The NationStates Community was the chosen representative of OMG INC by democratic election due to the belief the name represented the community of nation states OMG INC hoped to achieve,

FURTHER NOTING that many of a significant portion of the world backed The NationStates Community and OMG INC,

ACKNOWLEDGING that the original owner the communications company praised OMG INC and The NationStates Community for its efforts and world-wide, democratic ideals,

FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGING that said original owner then changed the conditions of the share offering and trade their shares to the The NationStates Community in order to give The NationStates community the position of largest shareholder,

RECOGNIZING that it would be impractical to commend all nations involved within OMG INC and a commendation would be better served being given to their own chosen representative,

BELIEVING that the goal of a democratic organization representing the nations of the world in business affairs is a commendable goal which coincides with the purpose of the Security Council and the World Assembly as a whole,

HEREBY commends The NationStates Community

Edits made at the request of Todd McCloud and Crushing Our Enemies, adding an explanation of how victory was achieved and removing the name dropping
If anyone can get me a complete list of donors to the cause, I believe such a list should be recorded and archived somewhere on the forum
SECURITY COUNCIL

Category: Commendation | Nominee: The NationStates Community | Proposed by: Azerzia

Description:The World Assembly,

OBSERVING that on 1 April 2012, and the hours immediately before and after, the communication company used by all the nations of the world to contact one another offered shares of itself in proportion to national population,

FURTHER OBSERVING that an international organization, OMG INC, was created to allow for the largest share holder, and thus controller of power, to be a single nation representative of the entire world which would be answerable to the desires of the world,

CLARIFYING that OMG INC was managed in a manner of 'one nation, one vote' and made decisions based on the votes of all nations willing to cast a ballot, not just those controlling the shares,

NOTING that the nation of The NationStates Community was the chosen representative of OMG INC by democratic election due to the belief the name represented the community of nation states OMG INC hoped to achieve,

FURTHER NOTING that many of the most influential states of the world backed The NationStates Community (which ultimately succeeded in its goal) including Lyanna Stark, Zemnaya Svoboda, Ballotonia and countless others,

RECOGNIZING that it would be impractical to commend all nations involved within OMG INC and a commendation would be better served being given to their own chosen representative,

BELIEVING that the goal of a democratic organization representing the nations of the world in business affairs is a commendable goal which coincides with the purpose of the Security Council and the World Assembly as a whole,

SECURITY COUNCIL

FURTHER NOTING that many of the most influential states of the world backed The NationStates Community (which ultimately succeeded in its goal) including Lyanna Stark, Zemnaya Svoboda, Ballotonia, Darkesia, Parhe and countless others,

BELIEVING that the goal of a democratic organization representing the nations of the world in business affairs is a commendable goal,

FURTHER NOTING that many of the most influential states of the world backed The NationStates Community (which ultimately succeeded in its goal) including Unibot II, Lyanna Starks and Ballootonia,

BELIEVING that the goal of a democratic organization representing the nations of the world in business affairs is a commendable goal

Last edited by Crazy girl on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 13 times in total.
With regards,
Marc Crayik, Prime Minister of Azerzia,
serving the people of Azerzia and his Majesty, King Maxius Rotae, Regent of the Realm, King of Stegol, High King of Nymela.
President of the Union of Democratic Leftist States

Zemnaya Svoboda
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zemnaya Svoboda » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:58 am

Azerzia wrote:

FURTHER NOTING that many of the most influential states of the world backed The NationStates Community (which ultimately succeeded in its goal) including Unibot II, Lyanna Starks and Ballootonia,

BELIEVING that the goal of a democratic organization representing the nations of the world in business affairs is a commendable goal

First draft, done on my smart phone. I'll add links later. Thoughts?

It's Lyanna Stark and Ballotonia who were crucial to the effort. You've misspelled their names.

Corporate lepearchauns
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corporate lepearchauns » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:01 am

and elu

Azerzia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Azerzia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:03 am

True. Again smart phone. I'm happy I got as close as I did spelling wise. I'll fix and add Elu once I'm back at my comp
With regards,
serving the people of Azerzia and his Majesty, King Maxius Rotae, Regent of the Realm, King of Stegol, High King of Nymela.

Lyanna Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyanna Stark » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:45 am

I think Elu should be added under his ZS nation (the one that posted in this thread). He ran the meeting on IRC for over six hours, donated all of his shares, and was the OP in this.

I do adore Unibot, but I have to ask why his name is on here rather than the plethora of others that also contributed (and contributed more). I don't wish to open a Pandora's Box of names in this, though..

Thank you to the OP for having me in this. That already means a lot. :)
-Lyanna Stark
Sepatarch, Admin, and Vizier of Culture of Osiris
Former Pharaoh (Delegate) of Osiris
♥ Earth Marlowe-Locksley ♥

"Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men. The other 999 follow women." -Groucho Marx
Unibot: "I've turned you into a defender chick and you've turned me into a respectable human being!"
[11:12pm]Mahaj: omg i have earth's endo
[11:12pm] Mahaj: this is the proudest moment of my defending career

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:52 am

SUPPORT
Puppetmaster for Hashemite Arabiyah

Azerzia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Azerzia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:28 am

The short version of why Unibot is on the list is because I remembered his name from the chat when I was on it; his name is fairly recognizable around NationStates and it stuck in my head. I am making the edits for name spelling and appropriateness now
With regards,

Zemnaya Svoboda
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zemnaya Svoboda » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:25 am

Azerzia wrote:
SECURITY COUNCIL

FURTHER NOTING that many of the most influential states of the world backed The NationStates Community (which ultimately succeeded in its goal) including Lyanna Stark, Zemnaya Svoboda, Ballotonia, Darkesia, Parhe and countless others,

BELIEVING that the goal of a democratic organization representing the nations of the world in business affairs is a commendable goal,

First, my apologies to those nations who played a part whose names are not included and I misspelled in my first draft
Alright, should I change the order of the nation names dropped, should more be added, taken away, etc?
And beyond names, additional thoughts on this to make it more appropriate/passable/etc?

If you mention Parhe you should definitely mention Riemstagrad :)

Azerzia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Azerzia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:36 am

alright. Okay, quick verbal poll: Should we stick with the three most important states involved with OMG INC or should we expand it out to some other number? And, in either event, who would we list?
With regards,

Allied States of Demokratia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied States of Demokratia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:37 am

a thought about nation names included and not included. All the donors worked incredibly hard, and especially those that have been mentioned as the leaders.
They should be the first people commended on this great action.

Why not give a badge/ medal to all the nations that donated? "April 1st plot" or something like that?

and at Azerzia- include the big leaders. Maybe then put a spoiler box in the thread mentioning the rest of the little guys
Drop the guns and rhetoric.
Grab a beer and some nachos...
---------------------------------------
Federal Republic of Demokratia Armed Forces Readiness Status:
[RED- Total War] [1- Total Mobilization] [2- Imminent Deployment Readiness] [3-Hieghtened Alert] [4- Standard Preparedness] [WHITE- Unconditional Stand-down]

Azerzia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Azerzia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:56 am

It would take up a massive amount of commendations to do so, and would degrade commendations in general to give one out to everyone who donated, or even just to the major players. Giving a commendation to NSC, on the other hand, is recognizing OMG INC, and by name dropping the major players, they are getting acknowledged too.

A precedent for this, in condemnations: IASEN is the International Association of Slave Exporting Nations, as most of you know. Because it was an interregional and international organization, it was difficult to condemn it. The SC settled on condemning the leader, Greater Tezdrian of IASEN instead, who incidentally posted in this thread.

What I am stating by that example is that there is a precedent of condemning/commending a single nation as a representative of a larger organization or group
With regards,

Allied States of Demokratia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied States of Demokratia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:01 am

EDIT: totally understand, I mis-worded my thoughts,
Commend the community, acknowledge the big leaders in the commendation, and spoiler box the rest in the forum post only.?
Drop the guns and rhetoric.
Grab a beer and some nachos...
---------------------------------------
Federal Republic of Demokratia Armed Forces Readiness Status:
[RED- Total War] [1- Total Mobilization] [2- Imminent Deployment Readiness] [3-Hieghtened Alert] [4- Standard Preparedness] [WHITE- Unconditional Stand-down]

Wilborn
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilborn » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:22 am

Should we really be commending a failed effort? Give them a handshake yourself, don't drag the whole world into it.

Ora Amaris
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ora Amaris » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:32 am

Wilborn wrote:Should we really be commending a failed effort? Give them a handshake yourself, don't drag the whole world into it.

Not really a failed effort.
Let beauty and creativity reign throughout the universe,
Preserve the sublime equilibrium of nature,
Find enlightenment through the doors of perception,
An it harm none, do what thou wilt,
Respect yourself, respect all life, celebrate oneness with the universe.
Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
Factbook Entry

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:41 am

I think you should mention that OMG_INC was democratic and eventually it's members even decided to discard weighted voting for a one-man, one-vote policy for all its shareholders at the meeting and the fact that ZS was secretary and ran the channel and ran most of the bureaucracy for a lot of April Fools. It's just such a good testament to the goodwill of the NS community (which you could mention is the mission of the SC). :)
Last edited by Unibot II on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:46 am

You need over 50% of the shares to have controlling interest over a company. As Max lost controlling interest early on, no one really could have total control over it. And I don't think hoarding trading shares constitutes a "democratic election." :p
Last edited by Omigodtheykilledkenny on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:49 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:You need over 50% of the shares to have controlling interest over a company. As Max lost controlling interest early on, no one really could have total control over it. And I don't think hoarding trading shares constitutes a "democratic election." :p

No.. in #OMG_INC, the shareholders held a six hour meeting to elect a leader and decide what to do with the shares in the event of various scenarios. The #OMG_INC group is what gave rise to The NationStates Community.
Last edited by Unibot II on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:52 am

Indeos helped a lot, too.
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

Lyanna Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyanna Stark » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:42 am

Indeos did help a lot.

And we did have democratic elections in #omg_inc . They were for Chair, which went to Eluvatar no contest, for Interim CEO which went to myself (against Goobergunch, Darkesia, and Soviet Canuckistan), and then for a general procedure of what to do when we did get over the 25000.

I have to note, the more we continue to add people into the list, the more diluted it's going to be. I have to note that Avakael and his entire puppet army could have been 16th through the whole thing but he combined with my nation early on completely pulling himself out of the fun (as I had sent him to the top to take a screenshot, he passed all his stuff over). Are we adding people in that donated the most shares or are we commending people that had the biggest effect on the movement as a whole and worked rather hard? Reimst also donated his 1 million to my nation for the effort so that we would stay in the #2 spot where we quickly gained more just for that..CrazyGirl, Lady Jane Grey, Whamabama, Drop Your Pants, and Todd McCloud also donated rather large amounts. I was just curious where the line is drawn?

*runs off*
Last edited by Lyanna Stark on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Lyanna Stark
Sepatarch, Admin, and Vizier of Culture of Osiris
Former Pharaoh (Delegate) of Osiris
♥ Earth Marlowe-Locksley ♥

"Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men. The other 999 follow women." -Groucho Marx
Unibot: "I've turned you into a defender chick and you've turned me into a respectable human being!"
[11:12pm]Mahaj: omg i have earth's endo
[11:12pm] Mahaj: this is the proudest moment of my defending career

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:56 am

Personally, I don't think anyone should be named in this commendation. If someone contributed spectacularly to the effort, perhaps they deserve a commendation themselves? This one is about The Nationstates Community. Why would we commend one nation for the actions of other nations?
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Frattastan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:Personally, I don't think anyone should be named in this commendation. If someone contributed spectacularly to the effort, perhaps they deserve a commendation themselves? This one is about The Nationstates Community. Why would we commend one nation for the actions of other nations?

I agree, basically for the reasons Lyanna Stark gave.
Some were crazy puppetmasters, but most of the huge count nations reached their level thanks to the contribution of a lot of other players. :)

No harm in mentioning ZS, though (for starting the whole "Let's beat Max!" thread).
Last edited by Frattastan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

Oh my Days
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oh my Days » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Sorry but I don't understand. Why is everyone giving lots of shares to the same person worthy of a commendation? It's not exactly difficult.
Citizen of The East Pacific and Osiris

El Escozor al Diablo Rojo
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby El Escozor al Diablo Rojo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:15 pm

"By commending the nationstates community, you are commending the tyranny of economic oppression over the masses of the poor in every World Assembly member-state. The I.P.O.'s very existence works to take the money of those who need it the most and give it to the rich. This cannot pass and El Escozor al Diablo Rojo will vote no if this draft reaches quorum."

Arturo "Chucho" Procopio
Acting Villista, El Escozor al Diablo Rojo

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Oh my Days wrote:Sorry but I don't understand. Why is everyone giving lots of shares to the same person worthy of a commendation? It's not exactly difficult.

This is NationStates. Getting everyone to do *anything* is nigh-impossible around here.
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:03 pm

Meh. April Fools was fun, but nah.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates