NATION

PASSWORD

Civil War Within Hadin (closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Hadin
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Civil War Within Hadin (closed)

Postby Hadin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:57 pm

OOC: It's fairly open. Keep the technology to the present day (mostly). Guns and tanks are fine. Machine guns are good. Missiles are fine. NO NUKES. Of course, that's deciding that you decide to take the military route instead of the diplomatic one. Either is fine.

In the hot summer air, on a windy day, Junakaur Grenders stepped up to the podium on the balcony of Davie Palace, in the capital city of Kopurauth. She was the leader of a group called D.F.H.I: "Diplomacy for Hadinian Independence".

"My fellow Hadinians! We stand united here today, out of a unified desire to seek independence from Nui-ta!"

"The Nui-tan Emperor has declared that he will agree to peaceful negotiations between our two countries! Rejoice, O Hadin! We are reaching a new dawn where we can reach diplomacy without any needs to worry about war with the Empire! We have achieved our goals with peace!"

There were cheers from the whole crowd.

It could not have seemed better for a moment.

And then a gunshot rang out from the rooftops. Junakaur lay dead, slumped against the podium. A sniper had shot a bullet straight through her chest.

The mob descended into chaos, fleeing the square and attempting to reach the safety of their own homes. Mobs of gangsters with matching trenchcoats began to fill the quare, firing gunshots into the air and killing many civilians.

Their leader, a man with a gas mask and military attire covering him from head to foot, screamed. "Death to the Diplomats! Nui-ta will never give us what we want! We demand total freedom, not negotiations! The Liberation Front of Hadin, HEREBY DECLARES WAR ON THOSE IN HADIN THAT DARE SUPPORT THE IDOLATRY OF PEACE!"
Last edited by Hadin on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just so you know, this nation, in character, is a highly sexist, highly theocratic, and highly authoritarian state. (Though under the new guy, it seems to be improving a little).

I disagree with a lot of what this nation stands for. It was invented for its intrigue and ample opportunities for satire, not for its ideals.

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:09 pm

"YOUR HIGHNESS!" An advisor came running though the halls of the Royal Palace, screaming in alarm.

"Your Highness! Your Majesty! Mercy! Pity! It's already happening!"

Vincentius di Amori rose out of his chair in alarm. "What?! What in the world has gotten into you?!"

The advisor whimpered. "War, sir. Hadin has finally blown its own top."

"They've declared war on us?!" Vincentius stared incredulously.

"No, sir. Not on us. ON THEMSELVES."

"Explain."

"Yes sir. As you know, we had liberation talks scheduled with a woman named Junakaur Grenders."

"The leader of a peace movement within Hadin, yes?"

"Yes. We were glad to find Junakaur because she was the first to condemn the terrorist attacks on Nui-tans on foreign soil. She agreed with us on diplomacy, and for a while, it even seemed as though she could help us peacefully negotiate Hadin's removal from Nui-tan governing."

"She was instrumental....what happened to her?"

"Dead sir. Sniper got her in the chest while she was at a rally."

"And who claims responsibility for this?"

"A terrorist group in Hadin known as the Liberation Front."

"Any connections with the attempted assassination about a month ago? Or the car-bombings that were thwarted in the Royal District?"

"They take full responsibility. They're shooting civilians in the streets sir, telling them not to encourage diplomacy or else. If we don't do something we may have a full-scale war on our hands!"

Vincentius nodded. "I was going to take us off of Code Red....but clearly we need to stay there. I want the Standard and Elite Corps moved into position along our border with Hadin. I want the King's Guard on High Alert. Make sure Brigades P.R-1 though P.R-3 are especially on high alert."

"P.R-1? The brigade headed by Sergeant i-Harendo? That brigade has been disbanded sir, due to the Sergeant's impending wedding to the Prime Minister."

"Then get P.R-2 and P.R-3 mobilized, and see how many members of P.R-1 you can track down to join them."

"Yes sir. Anything else, sir?"

"There are allied Radiatian bases established in Nui-ta. I want the ones near the border on high alert, while the Minister of Defense and I have a good talk about what course of action we will take. Speaking of, I want that Minister on the line with me in 10 minutes!"
Someone cares? Okay then. Economic Left/Right: -2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

INFP-T personality, quite heavy on the I,P, and T.

Hadin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hadin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Two and a half hours after the incident in the square, one of the gunmen went into a house and opened a trap-door.

He pulled out a radio and set it up. He then proceeded to hook up a walkie-talkie and turn the dial to a certain frequency.

There was static on the other end. The man began speaking.

"Pavor. Come in Pavor. We did exactly what you said. Junakaur is dead."

"You killed her? How long did it take?"

"One gunshot."

"Very....very good. I want the peacebrokers quaking in their boots. We will sacrifice them to the God of War, like the sheep they are."

"Yes sir. We shot a few others, just to make a point."

"Any in particular?"

"Average civilians."

"Women? Children?"

"A couple."

"Good.

"Your next instructions sir?"

"I want an takeover of the Capital. 48 hours from now, our flags shall be hanging from every door!"
Just so you know, this nation, in character, is a highly sexist, highly theocratic, and highly authoritarian state. (Though under the new guy, it seems to be improving a little).

I disagree with a lot of what this nation stands for. It was invented for its intrigue and ample opportunities for satire, not for its ideals.

Hadin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hadin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:41 pm

"Have you intercepted the Nui-tan television stations yet? I want to make a personal announcement to either Crumlo or di-Amori." One of the Hadinian Liberation Front members asked the other.

"No, not yet. You got the camera ready?" The one working the computers said.

"Yeah, all ready to go. Hey Yuvi, you ready to speak?"

The girl standing in front of the camera, Yuvi Haraa, nodded silently.

"Okay...here we go...intercepting now."

Yuvi maintained a stoic face, despite her young age. She looked like a middle-school student, but was actually 21 years of age. The camera lit up, and Yuvi began speaking.

"We have a personal message for the Empire of Nui-ta. You will allow us to have independence on our terms. We of the Liberation Front do not wish to negotiate a thing. As proof of our willingness to maintain a hardline stance as to what we want, we have executed the Leader of the Hadinian Diplomats. We will not tolerate political games from our own kind or from you. I hope you understand that."

"I will quickly tell you the terms that the Liberation Front seeks. Agree to them, and this process will be quick and easy."

"First, we wish to have our own Internal Affairs Ministry, instead of being dominated by that of Nui-ta."

"Second, we wish to have no part in embassy work or international affairs. If our people want to globalize, we will do it on our own. Don't wrap us up within your treaties."

"Third, in the year 103 A.N, the borders were divided between Nui-ta and Hadin to divide out the badlands that compose the border between the two. We wish to change the border of Hadin and Nui-ta, extending the south edge and returning the north edge. This means that we identify Northern Cities within Hadin such as Herschel and Diamone to be those of Nui-ta, but we wish to reclaim areas like Alin and Havara in the south, which have more Hadinians that Nui-tans. We believe this to be a claim that Hadin deserves these areas."

"Fourth, the surrender of all Hadinian troops within Nui-ta's Standard Corps, Elite Corps, and King's Guard to Hadin, and the return of these soldiers to their homeland."

"Five, the discharging of any Hadinian military members in Nui-ta who refuse to leave, and a ban on their continuing in the military. They must also make arrangements to either become Nui-tan citizens within three years if they refuse to return to the motherland. Otherwise they will be considered ex-patriots, guilty of treason, and our Liberation Front will come for them."

"Six, to have any statutes involving Hadin under Nui-tan law destroyed or repealed."

"Seven, to cease trade with Nui-ta."

"Eight, to cease immigration within Nui-ta."

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Level 101, Presidential Building, Xerconia FCT:
1138 Hours Xerconia Standard Time:

"Mr. President! We have just received an urgent distress call from the Emperor of Nui-ta."
President Yerkal Nathus nodded. "What's the situation?"
"Civil war in Hadin. Assassination of Junakaur Grenders, the legitimate and peaceful leader."

The President thought for a moment.

"Order the RFA on Code Yellow. Except... contact the bases in Nui-ta. They are to be placed on Code Orange."
"Yes Mr. President."

Radiatian Federal Army Nui-ta (RFANT) Base One, 20 miles outside of Alin:

Lieutenant Milo Fujikoka waited anxiously while Colonel Jeffry Horvatincic spoke on the phone.

The Colonel put the receiver down and sighed.

"Sir? What's wrong?"

The Colonel was silent.

"Who was on the phone?"

Colonel Horvatincic looked at Fujikoka.

"That was... the President. We've just been placed on Orange Alert. All three bases."

"I will alert the men, sir!" Said the Lieutenant.

Within moments an alarm had sounded and all 300 members of the RFANT 1st Company were assembled, awaiting further instruction.

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:24 pm

While she was having the final adjustments placed on her wedding dress, Prime Minister Trenta Crumlo's phone rang.

"Kiana! So sorry to ask this of you but can you bring me the phone? I can't move from here!"

Kiana Yarringsen, a bodyguard and good friend of Trenta's, nodded and went to fetch the phone.

Trenta sighed.

Probably Hariem, calling to check up on me.

The tailor adjusted Trenta's shoulder strap slightly.

"That is a dress worthy of you!" She smiled.

Trenta blushed in the gold gown. She was to be married in less than 2 weeks. The stress had been taking a toll on her health --- she lost 5 pounds (which was not a good thing, since Trenta was skinny).

Kiana handed Trenta the phone.

"Hello? Hariem, is that you?"

She gasped. "Your Majesty! Yes. Yes....WHAT?"

She felt dizzy. Kiana noticed and prepared to catch Trenta if she fainted.

"What...why now? What do you mean?"

The Emperor's voice could be heard over the phone.

"You heard me. We have a situation going on. Hadin is experiencing civil war. At least 20 are dead in Hadin....including Grenders."

"They assassinated Grenders? But she was supposed to take over!"

"Yeah, well she's going to the crematorium now rather than a Parliament."

"So what is happening? What is your plan --- you run the military after all..."

"I want you to find Minister ri-Denshir for me. If you know where he is?"

"I'll call him up."

"Good. And I'm mobilizing P.R-2 and P.R-3. If there are any members of P.R-1 besides Hariem, they should also get ready to move out to Alin and help fortify the border."

"I'm keeping Kiana. My health has been bad, and Hariem is so busy himself that he might not be here if I collapse again."

"What is your health situation? We need you guarded, this includes medical needs. Is it your weak lungs?"

"No. I'm awaiting test results. They think it's something with the stomach or pancreas."

"Okay. Keep Kiana by you. Her orders are to guard you personally."

Trenta nodded. "Got it. Anything else?"

The Emperor nodded. "I need you to address the citizens and alert them to the situation. Specifically the press. Let me worry about mobilization."

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:47 pm

TO: Vincentius di Amori III, Emperor of Nui-ta
FROM: Yerkal Nathus, President of the Radiatian Federation
ENCRYPTION: HIGH

My friend Vincentius,

The Radiatian Federation are monitoring the situation in Hadin with keen interest.

We have placed the RFANT (that is, the RFA in Nui-ta) troops on Code Orange, which means they are prepared for conflict.

If any attacks are made against Nui-ta, then I am prepared to declare war on Hadin and will send a full army to aid you if needed.

While I am not a religious man, at a time like this I am tempted to pray that it does not come to this.

Yours,
Yerkal Nathus
President of the Radiatian Federation

Level 101 Presidential Building
Federation Square
Xerconia, FCT

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:39 pm

Radiatia wrote:

TO: Vincentius di Amori III, Emperor of Nui-ta
FROM: Yerkal Nathus, President of the Radiatian Federation
ENCRYPTION: HIGH

My friend Vincentius,

The Radiatian Federation are monitoring the situation in Hadin with keen interest.

We have placed the RFANT (that is, the RFA in Nui-ta) troops on Code Orange, which means they are prepared for conflict.

If any attacks are made against Nui-ta, then I am prepared to declare war on Hadin and will send a full army to aid you if needed.

While I am not a religious man, at a time like this I am tempted to pray that it does not come to this.

Yours,
Yerkal Nathus
President of the Radiatian Federation

Level 101 Presidential Building
Federation Square
Xerconia, FCT

TO:President Yerkal Nathus, Radiatian President.
SECURITY CODE: 1944SKAFJ1919DKS--NRMEMO

We have recently received a video tape from the terrorists, proclaiming their terms and wishes. While most of the terms are acceptable, there are a couple that I cannot agree too, (namely term 4, a transcript of the tape has been attached). As a result, we are going to attempt to work diplomatically to resolve what cannot be as the Hadinian terrorists will it to be.

In the likely event that diplomacy fails, we will be mobilizing the Standard Corps for a general invasion to regain control, apprehend the terrorists and allow Hadin to leave the Empire with a smooth transition.

In this event, we do not wish for the Radiatian forces to invade along with us, but I humbly ask that they be moved to the border to prevent any terrorists from coming in.

I thank you for your alliance and support in this grave time, and I pray to the Gods that it will not come to this measure.

With all thanks,
VINCENTIVS DI AMORI III

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:46 am

TO:The Liberation Front.
SECURITY CODE: JFKA81591AIFL-STATE

We have received and considered the terms of your proposal.

I know that you do not enjoy negotiations, but you will have to reconsider a couple of the terms made herein, as well as a few of our own that we will state here.

Firstly, your terms.

As we were already going to give your nation independence (and therein, autonomy), your first two terms were already being established.

Following independence, Hadin will be capable of opening its own Internal Affairs offices. They will also be considered outside of any treaties, embassy agreements, and alliances that Nui-ta has made with other countries. We accept Terms 1 and 2.

We will not accept Term 3 as written. The northern part of the western border was ceded to you, and it is up to Hadin to decide what to do with that land.

The southern part (what is currently the Alinian Province) was placed under our control by your citizens. The area was nearly uninhabitable due to the badland climate and high population of wolves when Nui-ta came in. It is now a bustling farming province, providing more than 20% of Nui-ta's output.

As it was our nation that benefited this region, we feel that we are the ones entitled to keep it.

Term 3 is denied.

Term 4 is denied, as the methods behind how this measure would be carried out have not been stated.

Hadinian personnel make up about 100,000 of our military population. We will not discharge such a large number immediately. We may discharge those who seek to leave without dishonor post-conflict.

We will not discharge those who wish to continue in the Nui-tan military voluntarily.

Term 5 is denied absolutely. We will not allow the arrest, imprisonment an execution of remaining Hadinian citizens who legally reside on Nui-tan soil. Under sovereign Nui-tan law, one must live in this nation for 5 years before being able to claim citizenship. The paltry time period of 3 years that you have given will force many Hadinians within Nui-ta to flee for their own lives.

We will not, by principle, take part in the persecution of these, who you call ex-patriots.

Terms 6 and 7 are accepted.

Term 8 needs more clarification.

Moving unto our own terms,

1. We wish to see the reinstatement of Junakaur Grendel's party as the legitimate head. Whether or not your party is involved (peacefully) is not an issue.

2. You must cease and desist all attacks on Hadinian civilians at once.

3. Those responsible for the assault must be brought forward for punishment.

4. All remaining negotiations must be done diplomatically.

Nui-ta has already mobilized the Standard and Elite Corps along the border between Hadin and Nui-ta. Radiatian bases within Nui-ta are also mobilized and prepared for conflict.

As the Minister of Defense, I would like to see that they remain on base or on our side of the border. If such violence continues, though, this will not be the case.

Be warned, between the Elite Corps and Radiatia's bases, there will be no mercy to the Liberation Front.

By the Gods, do not let it come to this.

HENDRI RI-DENSHIR
Minister of Defense

Hadin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hadin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:02 am

Laughter could be heard in the underground building.

"Yuvi! It looks like they didn't take you too seriously!"

The girl frowned, watching the two men laugh.

"Big letter from his high and mighty Minister of Defense. Says Nui-ta doesn't agree to our terms!"

"Which ones in particular?"

"Giving Alin to Hadin, and turning over the Hadinian military."

"I figured that would be too hard for them. So show them we mean business."

The other man smiled at this.

"Yes sir."

He walked outside and towards the town square, the only man on the block. The civiliams were all barricading themselves inside out of pure fear.

He heard singing in the temple.

"Praying? To ward me off? Damn traitors. They should be praying to the War Gods that we take back what is ours through the flames."

He muttered something into a communications device that was attached to his belt.

Several others soon appeared on the streets.

"What shall we do, Gojia?"

Gojia, who had called them, smiled.

"Simple. See this temple? It's full of rats, who pray for peace."

Laughter could be heard among the men.

Gojia got serious.

"Block the exits. Light it on fire."

The men smiled evily. "Let us take down these heathen."

They immediately began placing heavy stones and furniture on the exits, or breaking the locks to jam the doors.

A few men stood by each exit with machine guns.

Gojia had dumped gasoline by the back of the temple.

He lit a match and threw it into the gas. The wooden temple immediately combusted and creaked as shrieks of terror were heard from inside.

As the temple filled with smoke, many civilians rushed to try and open the barricaded exits.

The few who made it out were gunned down inside.

Several hours later, Gojia smiled as the last cinders were extinguished and charred "traitor" corpses were brought out unto the street.

"Your orders, sir?"

"Hang them up, to show the civilians what will happen to the peaceful."

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:09 am

FEDERAL CABINET EMERGENCY BRIEFING ROOM:
RFA BUILDING, XERCONIA FCT
1500 HOURS

Several Cabinet Ministers, including the Prime Minister, along with the Commanders of the RFA, RSEF, RFAF and RFSF all stood to attention as President Yerkal Nathus entered the Federal Cabinet Emergency Briefing Room, in a secret basement location in the RFA Building.

The President motioned for them to sit down.

"Thank you all for coming. I know that the timing could not be more difficult."

He looked the Cabinet Ministers, who looked a little bit disgruntled to have had to cut their holidays short.

"Comrades, I am sure that many of you here have been following the situation in Nui-ta with keen interest." His eyes flashed briefly on Foreign Affairs Minister Josko Ivers. "I have been in contact with the Emperor and their Ministry of Defence. R-SOD have also given me reports into the negotiation between our allies and the colony of Hadin.

"The current reports indicate that the Hadinians are not responding positively. We have had unconfirmed reports of a temple being destroyed, as a way of declining the invitation to peace.

"I have called an emergency meeting of the Federal Council this afternoon, and will be keeping them on hand should the worst come to worst.

"However..."

He turned to the four Commanders who sat on his left in full military uniform.

"I am now placing all Radiatian Military forces on code yellow. Except - I will be placing the RFAF on Code Orange, and I am placing the RFA on Code Orange.

"While we have bases in Nui-ta, this is not good enough in my opinion, given the enemy we face."

Commander Karl Sarka of the RFA nodded. "Mr. President, I have already placed the Radiatian Third Army on Orange Alert. They are ready to mobilise at a moments notice, while the troops in Nui-ta are themselves ready."

Yerkal Nathus nodded. "The Nui-tans do not want us involved. However... an attack on an ally is an attack on us all."

Layla Kipling, the Minister of Youth, whispered to the Prime Minister. "What does all this mean?"

Lena Toriah whispered back. "Code Orange means we are now one step away from declaring war on Hadin. All that's needed is Federal Council approval and for authorisation from Nui-ta."

Commander Sarka stood up.

"Remember," Said the President. "We are only greasing up the war machine. We're not turning it on just yet."

The four Commanders saluted and left.

-------------

TO:Hendri ri-Denshir, Nui-tan Minister of Defence
ENCRYPTION: VERY HIGH

Greetings,

I have been authorised by the Prime Minister to offer you use of several RFAF Unmanned Surveillance Aircraft.

Although these drones will be controlled by R-SOD, and based here in Radiatia, all intelligence will be sent to you.

These aircraft are hunter-killers, so they are also capable for use in finding and neutralising terrorists.

I await your response.

Sincerely,
Yulian Bently
Chief Executive Officer of R-SOD
Last edited by Radiatia on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:43 am

Emperor Vincentius crumpled up the newest reports of the situation in Hadin angrily in his hands.

Minister Hendri ri-Denshir looked on, a stoic expression chiseled into his face which was only betrayed by the slight waiver of uncertainty in his voice.

"Your Highness, as you can see....they are well on their way to terrorizing the Hadinian Capital."

"In essence, they have already gained control. At no better time too. It's election season for us AND our allies, not to mention the Prime Minister seems to be getting worse by the hour with whatever ailment she has."

"With the Prime Minister effectively incapable of taking action, I have brought in the Deputy, your Highness.

"Send him in."

The Minister nodded and Deputy Prime Minister Evan Isaci stepped into the door.

He was much older than Trenta, having a slight gait in his step. His hair was almost non-existent, but his face made him aopear as though he were a confused 20 year old college student.

The Emperor sighed.

"Alright, Deputy Minister Isaci. First, I assume you are briefed on the situation?"

Isaci nodded.

"What is the condition of Prime Minister Trenta Crumlo?"

Isaci shook his head. "A few hours ago, she was still active. The bodyguard girl called me up about an hour ago saying Trenta had collapsed again. They have taken her to the hospital. She seems quite ill."

The Emperor shook his head. "That's my only problem with her. She's absolutely brilliant but she's so sickly. Who is guarding her?"

"Sergeant Hariem i-Harendo."

"What happened to the rest of P.R-1?"

"The lower three members are mobilizing along with P.R-3. P.R-2 is with Hariem."

"And the other Sergeant, Yarringsen?"

Minister ri-Denshir stepped forward. "Due to her vast experience with Hadinian culture and land, I have requested that Sergeant Kiana Yarringsen be reinstated with her former rank of Adjulant Corporal and deployed into Hadin with the intelligence force."

Vincentius shook his head. "You're sending her only? I can't let you do that."

"No." Ri-Denshir shook his head. "My proposition is to send in the surviving 4 members of H-Minor8."

Vincentius raised an eyebrow. "How many Hadinian soldiers are you sending in?"

"I plan to send six, including the four earlier mentioned, your Highness."

"How many troops total on the intelligence squad?"

Ri-Denshir sighed. "Six."

"What other squads do you want to send in?"

"I want a 750-strong brigade to counterattack the Liberation Front directly. 650 Standard, 100 Elite."

"And the Radiatians, Ministers?"

Evan Isaci winced. "Actually...I would just prefer them to stay here. And guard the border. I don't want to tax our new allies unless we really need them."

Ri-Denshir stepped in. "I agree to an extent. I do want some involvement by them. By air, since they have the stronger air force. Leave the ground work to us for now."

Vincentius sighed. He wanted to end this peacefully, but with the destruction of a temple and the increasing violence against the civilians, what other options did he have?

He thought suddenly of Hariem and Kiana's connections to Radiatia.

"Make sure Crumlo is under surveillance, and that as soon as you know what is wrong with her, you give me a call. Evan, until then, you are taking her place."

Isaci nodded. "Her test results should be out within a half hour."

Ri-Denshir nodded. "Am I to tell Hariem about Kiana?"

Vincentius wanted to say yes, but shook his head no.

"Kiana is now back within the Elite Guard and has been reinstated as a Corporal. She is out of his jurisdiction. Hariem will not be happy anyways, and Trenta doesn't need that sort of stress given the condition that she is in."

"One more thing sir, the Radiatian R-SOD and RFAF have offered us the usage of several unmanned surveillance aircraft to use. Shall we?"

Vincentius nodded. "Unmanned anything is better. I give the go-ahead."

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:14 am

"Trenta." Hariem's voice resounded through the darkness.

"Trenta..."

Trenta Crumlo woke up, disoriented. Hariem was standing over her.

"Trenta. We're going to war."

She looked up at Hariem.

"But...but I didn't..."

"Deputy Prime Minister Isaci called it. You've been unconscious for about six hours now."

Trenta slurred, "...six hours? What....what happened?"

Hariem sighed. "You fainted. The doctor says your body is too highly taxed and you haven't been eating much."

Trenta nodded. "Can't eat much...my stomach has been aching..."

"Kiana rushed you to the hospital, but left as soon as I came. She wouldn't tell me where or why she was leaving. But enough about that. Now that we know what the problem is, you can rest."

"Rest...? We're at war, Hariem. I have to go and..." she could barely move her head.

Hariem coaxed her to stay still.

"Shhh...shhh...I'm sorry. Be still."

He sighed. "I postponed the wedding. You're way too sick."

Trenta looked at Hariem. "It's not just stress is it. I can tell there is something you aren't telling me."

Hariem stayed quiet.

"Tell me. Hariem..."

She saw a tear go down Hariem's face.

"Oh my god..." he whimpered (Hariem had an emotional side, but he had never cried in front of anyone before, not even Trenta).

"Trenta...it's..."

"What is it? I'm not gonna die or anything am I?"

Hariem sighed. "No..."

"But...the stress hasn't been helping. You're pregnant."

Trenta gasped. "What?"

Hariem sighed. "You're pregnant. Which means your body is more frail than usual. Combined with the stress, the lack of food and the high amount of work you've been doing, you sent your body into shock."

Trenta looked at him quietly.

"Does anyone else know?"

"You. Me. The Emperor. Evan Isaci. That's it. The press will not be told."

Hariem sighed. "Just great. We're at war, my wife is pregnant and sick, Kiana is missing, and the country is on high alert looking for answers from you. This is not how I expected to find about becoming a father."

He turned on the TV.

"Evan Isaci is supposed to be speaking at any moment."

Sure enough, the screen showed Evan stepping upto the podium.

"Citizens of Nui-ta...I come before you today as the interim Prime Minister of Nui-ta, to tell you that we are in a state of war against Hadin."

"The Hadinian terrorists have threatened our nation for too long. They attempted to assassinate the Emperor in the carjacking attempt of the Royal District. They nearly killed Ambassador Edgar von Traumend during Nui-ta's treaty talks with Radiatia. And now, they seek to take Alin, cutting off a vital food source for Nui-ta, despite the fact that it was Nui-ta who worked to bring that region back from the dead!"

"They seek to cripple Nui-ta's military by demanding that loyal soldiers of Hadinian descent return to Hadin and fight their own Emperor or DIE! How dare they attack us! How dare they demand independence for their crimes! How dare they threaten their own civilians on pain of death for not wanting to kill us! Who do they think they are?!"

"Today, Trenta Crumlo is not with us as Prime Minister, but resting as a civilian. The times and health have been unkind to her, and I will be taking over as interim Prime Minister until her recovery."

"We are now mobilizing our troops! 750 men and women shall move towards the first strike against the so-called Liberation Front! Our ally Radiatia has agreed to aid us and send in their own soldiers! 5000 mobilized Nui-tan troops will be behind them, ready to storm the gates, liberate the oppressed citizens of Hadin and set the country on the proper course of independence! Junakaur Grendels, your aim to bring peace will not be forgotten!"

Hariem sighed, holding Trenta up with one hand and dialing a number on his cell phone with another.

You have reached Kiana. I'm unable to answer the phone right now...

He dialed again.

You have reached Kiana. I'm unable to answer the phone right now...

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:09 pm

The six members of the Elite Guard, in the meanwhile, had quietly snuck into Kopurauth, taking up residence in one of the empty houses.

"You think that no one will notice us?" Sergeant Ribila Trysi whispered.

"No. This part of town is so isolated that even the residents don't know their next door neighbors. Plus, we got sent in because we're all Hadinian. We know the culture, we know the language...we'll blend in well. Everyone dressed up properly?" The Lieutenant, Hardel Nevian asked.

"Armor should be concealed. I want to blend in. Gentlemen, you're all in cotton shirts and work pants. Good. You two ladies,  tunics and aprons? Very nice, Corporal Yarringsen. The scarf is a nice touch. Give one to Sergeant Trysi."

Kiana handed off a second scarf to Ribila, who tied it around her hair, matching Kiana.

"Alright." Lieutenant Nevian sighed. "Our orders as of right now are to infiltrate Kopurauth and find out all we can about the Liberation Front. We are not invading --- that's Standard's job. Find a place in this house to hide your uniforms and weaponry."

"Already hidden sir, in a compartment under the loom." Ribila nodded.

"Good. Now. We're going to be posing as a family from Evo, which is a farming town away from here. Far enough away where they won't send anyone looking for us. I'm sure you're all familiar with it?"

The other five nodded.

"Good. Since I'm the older one im here by a longshot, I'll be the father. Major Tinal, you look about my age, so you'll pass off as my brother."

He looked over at the other four soldiers. "You four were all from H-Minor8. I'm sure you're all fairly good friends, so you'll be brothers and sisters. Corporal Yarringsen, you will be the eldest girl. Sergeant Trysi, you be the youngest of the four. Be sure to follow the Corporal around everywhere. Major Gicilo, you'll be the eldest. Corporal Fidar, I know you're a higher rank than the Major, but since you look younger, you'll be the third child, between Yarringsen and Trysi."

Lieutenant Nevian continued, quizzing the five on a back story that had already been made up in case any of them were questioned.

"Alright. Now...it's almost dinner time. I don't mean to be the sexist one, but you two girls need to get in the kitchen and cook or you'll give us away."

Kiana and Ribila nodded, heading into the kitchen and pulling out some of the remaining food.

"This looks rotted." Ribila said, pulling out some herbs that looked bad.

"We have some seasonings, but I need meat to cook."

She peeked back at the Lieutenant. "Sir, can you bring me some meat from the market?

Nevian sent Fidar to quickly catch something to eat. Fidar came back in a few minutes with fresh pork.

For about an hour, everything was peaceful.

Just as dinner was being served, there was a knock on the door.

The air in the room was tense as Major Gicilo answered the door.

"Good evening." A man with a red bandana and a gun were at the door.

"I hear you are the new arrivals from Evo? I've been instructed to come and....check on you."

The Lieutenant was especially tense.

Shit...I hope he doesn't know...

"Come in sir!" Nevian got up from his seat, expertly putting on the face of a father.

"So glad that in this monstrous time, the Kopurauth men could come to see us."

The man sighed. "And what bad times they are. My name is Windsor. Nice to meet you all."

His suspicions aroused, he decided to test the family.

"I mean...what with that Junakaur woman being shot. Nasty Liberation Front, killing off so many innocent civilians.

The red bandana-wearing man noticed an awkward silence in the room.

Kiana quickly realized that the group was in serious danger. She acted quickly.

"Are you...implying that her death was a bad thing, Mr. Windsor?" Kiana spoke.

Windsor was caught off-guard.

"Well, a woman was shot, my dear kolobivia" (Melodian term of endearment for a young woman).

"A traitor was shot." Kiana answered back. "A diplomatic swine!"

Ribila picked up the idea and began following Kiana's lead. "My sister is right! How can you speak of the Liberation Front as if they were monsters?"

The Lieutenant furrowed his eyebrows. "Look how you have upset my daughters!"

Windsor apologized, thinking that the "family" was now sincere.

"I'm sorry. It was just a test...nice to meet you sir. I'm Windsor Hivian."

The Lieutenant extended his hands. "I should hope you were just kidding. Hannibal Circuvian."

Major Tinal was next. "I'm his brother. I'm Ronove Circuvian."

The Lieutenant guestured towards his "children", from oldest to youngest.

Major Gilico bowed. "Ultimus".

Kiana curtsied. "Yavia".

Fidar was next. "Veigh".

Last was Ribila. "Meredia".

Windsor sighed. "That meat smells delicious." He looked at Kiana and Riliba, taken aback by their cooking (and developing a crush on both of them).

"Uh...might I have some?"

The Lieutenant quickly breathed with relief.

Looks like we made it, for now.

Hadin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hadin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:05 pm

"They seem to be getting ready to mobilize, sir." One of the men said to Pavor.

He took of his gas mask to reveal a scraggly, middle-aged face. Pavor certainly hadn't shaved in a while --- stubble coated his whole face.

"Seem to be? You idiot, they are mobilized. They should be coming in at any moment. I expect them by tomorrow."

"What shall we do about it?"

"I want our forces to gather anyone and everyone who is sympathetic to our cause or does not want to get shot in the head into the square."

Windsor Hivian walked down the stairs and into the basement that the Liberation Front was operating their work in Kopurauth.

"I checked on the two new families that snuck in. They both check out fine."

Pavor remained suspicious. "Who are they?"

"The first is a man, a wife, and two children. Illio is the surname."

"Tell the man to work with us as a soldier if he and his family want to live. Get the wife and kids to work on helping us with supplies, food, that sort of thing."

Windsor nodded. "Same for the second?"

"How many do they have?"

"A widowed father and his brother. Names are Hannibal and Ronove Circuvian. Hannibal has four adult and teenage children, two boys and two girls."

"What are the son's names?"

"If I remember correctly, Ultimus and....something with a V....Veigh. All four men look to be in good shape, and I gotta say that the two girls are pretty cute themselves."

"The girls are?"

"Yavia and Meredia, in order of age. I can't decide between the two, but man that Meredia can cook!"

"Then get little Meredia cooking for the troops. What about this Yavia?"

"I dunno. There is a loom in the house. I'm guessing she spins?"

"Tell her to start making bandages. Give her some cloth to get started." Pavor sighed.

"Go house to house and tell everyone to work in some way. Enlist the men, get the women to support them. If children are old enough to work, put them to work as well. If the children are young...." Pavor's voice trailed off.

"Tell them to go find materials around their houses." Yuvi suggested, from the back of the room. "Tell the kids it's a game. Give the ones who find the most some chocolate or something."

Pavor nodded. "And if the family refuses, shoot them."

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:02 pm

"How is it going?" Vincentius looked over at Hendri's desk.

Hendri held up a paper. "I just got some intelligence from Lieutenant Nevian's squad. They slipped into Kopurauth and are commencing operations. They await any further orders.

He handed the paper to Vincentius. "It's a transcription of some coded transmissions. Things must be bad out there if he can't write us an actual letter and had to write such a hastily done telegram. Then again, I'm just glad it's understandable."

THIS IS LIEUTENANT HARDEL HEVIAN STOP HAVE ARRIVED IN KOPURAUTH STOP
ALL SIX PERSONNEL ARE DOING WELL STOP
WE WERE CONFRONTED BY THE LIBERATION FRONT WHO ARE TRACKING DOWN EVERYONE WHO ENTERS KOPURAUTH AND NOT ALLOWING PEOPLE TO LEAVE STOP
WE WERE QUESTIONED SOON AFTER ARRIVAL BUT MANAGED TO PASS A TEST GIVEN STOP
WE ARE WORKING UNDER ASSUMED NAMES FAMILY OF SIX WITH SURNAME CIRCUVIAN STOP
ASSUMED FIRST NAMES ARE HANNIBAL, YAIVA, VEIGH, ULTIMUS, RONOVE AND MEREDIA STOP
DO NOT ATTACK ANYONE UNDER THESE NAMES STOP
ARE STAYING ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF KOPURAUTH BY SOUTH GATE STOP
THEY ARE ROUNDING UP DISSENTERS AND SHOOTING THEM IN THE STREETS STOP
THE CAPITAL IS COMPLETELY UNDER LIBERATION FRONT CONTROL STOP
FROM WHAT WE KNOW THUS FAR LIBERATION FRONT IS NOT YET SPREAD TO COUNTRYSIDE BUT I HAVE MY DOUBTS STOP
CAUTION THEY ARE EXPECTING YOU STOP
MY RECOMMENDATION IS TO ATTACK WITH LARGER NUMBERS THAN 1000 AND TO USE AIR STRIKES AS WELL AS LAND STOP

"Don't release the real names of anyone on the squad to anyone, Radiatian or Nui-tan. Just tell them to keep a special eye out for those with such names, and that we want them alive. This is top secret information."

"Of course."

Vincentius sighed. "We are going to have to tell Sergeant i-Harendo where Yarringsen went, even though we can't give him the details out of risk of compromising the mission. He's been snooping around when he should be looking after his wife."

"I'll send someone to tell him."

----------

"She hasn't picked up the phone, and no one has seen her. It's been 2 days!" Hariem panicked, wondering where Kiana could have disappeared to.

Trenta lay in bed, still very ill. "I remember her saying something about a text message before she left."

"Yeah, but if only I could find her phone! Her apartment is locked up tight! I sent two guards to try and break in to see if they could find anything."

Hariem frowned. And now Radiatia is involved. What am I supposed to tell Josko? That she just vanished off the face of the Earth?

Trenta coughed furiously. Hariem rushed over and shoved the inhaler into her mouth.

"C'mon breathe. I already have one person unaccounted for. I don't need anything else to worry about right now."

"I'm sorry Hariem..."

"No....no I shouldn't yell at you...I just..." Hariem sighed and sat down. "God I'm just....I'm worried sick about her."

A knock on the door caused Hariem to jump up. A girl's voice was on the other end.

Hariem rushed to the door, thinking it was Kiana.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN I OUGHT TO..." He stopped. It wasn't her, but a black-haired girl in an enlistee's uniform. Definitely not Kiana.

"Hello, Sergeant i-Harendo?" The girl cringed a bit, the members of P.R-3 standing right behind her, waiting for Hariem's orders.

"Yes?"

"I'm sure you're wondering about Corporal Yarringsen?"

Hariem raised an eyebrow. "She's not a Corporal." He paused. "At least....she wasn't when I checked."

The girl shook her head. "Check again. I've been ordered to come and tell you that she has been moved out of P.R-1."

It suddenly hit Hariem like a ton of bricks where Kiana was.

"Where on the warfront is she?"

"I haven't been given that information."

Hariem groaned. "Is that it?"

"The Emperor wants you to quit looking for her now that you know that she is no longer under your jurisdiction. No disrespect, Sergeant. His words." She saluted shyly.

"He is also asking about Trenta."

Hariem turned to Trenta. "I'm guessing you're not up to moving around yet, is that it?"

Trenta got up, lightheaded. "I...I can do this."

"There is no way that you can resume Prime Minister work just yet. Let Isaci handle this."

Trenta shook her head. "Let me at least know what is going on. Take me to the Emperor."

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:55 pm

The Standard Corps had reached Kopurauth, climbing up through the mountains on the North Side.

"Alright Troops." General Juvicia said, walking along the line of soldiers that were arming their guns.

"The internal report we have received from our double agents has told us to stay away from the South Side, where they are rooted. Hence why we are coming up through the north side. If we start from here and work our way down towards the middle, we will reach the town square. It is positioned near the center of the building. Taking this is our goal."

"However, for right now, we are going to focus more on attacking long-range. Radiatia has agreed to employ an air strike of some sort on the town, so we won't be going in until the air strike and our long-range work has crippled the town."

He looked a Lieutenant who was peering though binoculars.

"What do you see?"

"Everyone is mobilizing in the town square. Do we aim there?"

"We might hit the double agents if they are there. Strike near it instead at the other buildings."

The Lieutenant passed the orders to the gunmen, who began aiming their long range cannons and machine guns down towards the walls of the town square.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:01 pm

RPNNWORLD

RADIATIA

AT

WAR.

TENSIONS REACH CRITICAL MASS IN NUI-TA, PRESIDENT PLACES MILITARY ON CODE RED

BREAKING NEWS:
President Yerkal Nathus has confirmed that the Radiatian Federation is now at war with Hadin.

Following weeks of tensions between Nui-ta and Hadin, including the assassination of Junakaur Grenders, leader of the peaceful "Diplomacy for Hadinian Independence" group by the Liberation Front of Hadin, and the storming of the Hadinian capital of Kopurauth by the Liberation Front, the Emperor of Nui-ta, Vicentius di Amori III has confirmed that Nui-ta will be invading Hadin in order to bring the terrorist group to justice.
Following tensions between Nui-ta and Hadin, the RFA has been placed on Code Red

The Liberation Front of Hadin is a known terrorist group within the Radiatian Federation, following the attempted assassination of Nui-ta's ambassador to Radiatia Edgar von Traummend last week, which sent Federation Square into lock down. While Radiatia already has troops stationed in Nui-ta, the RFAF has been deployed and the Radiatian Third Army is on standby for deployment.

At 5pm today Xerconia Standard Time (4pm Exegrad Time), the Federal Council confirmed that they had ratified the President's declaration of war against Hadin, with the RFA now on Code Red.

The President called an urgent press conference, following the declaration of war.

"My fellow Radiatians,

"It is my duty to inform you that the Radiatian Federal Army, and the Radiatian Federal Air Force are currently in the early stages of a mission to aid our allies Nui-ta in freeing the colony of Hadin from the violent seperatist regime known as the the Hadinian Liberation Front.

"The nation is currently on Code Red, and the Federal Council have ratified the declaration of war.

"The people of Hadin are counting on Radiatia to liberate them from the violence, the dogma, the tyranny of this evil group. And I have full confidence that we will do so.

"The Hadinian Liberation Front endangers us all. Even here in Radiatia, a Hadinian terrorist was apprehended after attempting to assassinate the Nui-tan Ambassador Edgar von Traummend, putting the lives of thousands of Radiatians in danger.

"This is the enemy we are fighting.

"To those of you in military families, I wish you well, and it is my hope that your loved ones will return home soon, safe and victorious.

"This is not a time for fear or panic. Keep calm. Be efficient. And continue about your day.

"Radiatia Prevails."

- RPNN

Hadin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hadin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Pavor stood on the balcony as the entire town was mobilized before him. He had his gas mask on to cover his face, with Yuvi, Windsor and Gojia standing behind him.

"Listen up!" Pavor cried. "Today, we settle a long score with these Nui-tans. They have begun to move their troops down upon us. But we will fight to the last man --- crawling if we have to!"

He grinned behind the mask. "May the God of War accept our sacrifice, in that if we do not achieve Liberation, we fight to the death!"

Some of the populace shouted in glee, agreeing with Pavor. Others were more half-hearted in their response, more worried about the guns behind them than the concept of Liberation by Blood and Fire, as Pavor would have it.

Pavor smiled. "They will have to kill us all if they do not wish to grant us our terms!"

Yuvi clapped behind him.

A family of six suddenly caught her attention. Four men and two women. They were murmuring amongst themselves, like others in the crowd. But their facial expressions were different. They were not full of fear.

It was as if they were planning something.

Yuvi quietly descended into the crowd, deciding to keep tabs on the mysterious six.

Pavor gripped the balcony railing. "Now, who will die for Hadin?!"

Those that did not raise their hands felt a gun to their backs.

"I will ask again, who will die for Hadin?!"

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Lieutenant Nevian clenched his hands tightly, realizing just how much of a mess that the city was in.

Gas Mask over there isn't fighting a war at all. It's a freaking suicide cult. This is definitely gonna be messy.

He whispered softly, "Hey. Ronove. Yavia."

Kiana stared. "Yes, Father?" She was keeping with the assumed roles, knowing that the walls had their own ears.

Major Tinal narrowed his eyes and looked at the Lieutenant.

"This may be too dangerous for us to stay here any further. We know their plans and expectations. We've done our job. I say we get back to the house as soon as possible and make a break for it. We're an intelligence team, we need to pass the intel forward, so let's get on that."

Kiana nodded. "I second that, Father."

Tinal looked over at Nevian. "When, Brother?"

Nevian sighed. "As soon as he lets us move somewhere, we'll head back to the house, grab our stuff and make a run for it. We're close to the South Gate. If we get out and go east, we'll hit a marsh where we can hide."

Kiana looked up.

The girl that was standing on the balcony is looking right at us.

"Father, you should respect our Leader's speech. What a bad example you set for your children by interrupting."

Nevian got the hint.

"You were always a very.....wise and perceptive daughter."

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:24 pm

General Juvicia pulled out his sword. The gunmen were ready to fire.

"Ready!"

Everyone nodded.

"Aim!"

A pause.

"FIRE!"

Gunfire began to go off, hitting the buildings in the square.

The Lieutenant saw the situation break down into chaos as the citizens of Kopurauth scattered within the town square, heading to their homes for shelter.

He saw a few figures move off of the balcony. These were the terrorists, no doubt about that.

"AIM FOR THE BALCONY AND FIRE AT WILL!"

-----At the square-----

Lieutenant Nevian knew that this was their only chance to leave Kopurauth.

"Get moving! Go go go!"

The six members of the Intelligence Squad sprinted towards the South end.

The Lieutenant opened the compartment within the loom quickly, pulling out six Elite Corps trenchcoats and the weapons of all six guards.

He grabbed his gun, an automatic revolver, and scrambled to get to the South Gate.

"Hurry up!"

The other five members hurried behind him, all carrying their trenchcoats and various weapons.
Last edited by Nui-ta on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hadin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hadin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Pavor jumped down from the balcony and began running for cover along with Gojia when the gunfire started, heading into a nearby building and then downstairs from there into a basement.

Windsor had been struck by one of the bullets. The others left him for dead.

In the meantime, Yuvi pulled out a pistol from her belt and began following the fleeing Circumvian family.

When she saw them pull out Nui-tan Military Uniforms, she began to open fire.

I KNEW something was off about them.

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:46 pm

A bullet nearly hit Tinal in the head. He turned and saw the woman from the balcony firing at them.

"OUR COVER IS BLOWN!" He shouted. He pulled out his own weapon, a standard rifle, and fired back at the girl.

"GET OUT OF HERE!"

Everyone kept running, hoping that Tinal would make it out as well.

Kiana pulled out her own rifle and grabbed Sergeant Ribila.

"Let's split up! You three go past the hills up ahead! We'll hit the marsh!"

The Lieutenant looked back at Kiana. "What happens afterwards?!"

"We'll meet up somewhere! Perhaps somewhere in the countryside?"

"Corporal Yarringsen, do you know where Alin is? The river leads out to there!"

"I live there! You mean Harpia River, right?"

"Yes! The whole river that this is forks in two! If you follow the east branch, you'll hit Harpia, which will take you across the border and to Alin!"

"Great! See you there!" Kiana grabbed Ribila by the collar and started running east towards the marsh.

The Lieutenant took the other two men past the hills, stopping near a field. There was an abandoned farm up ahead.

"Let's stay away from the large barn. That's where they want us to go. See if the storage is empty, Major Gilico. Corporal Fidar, you cover us. Make sure she didn't follow."

Fidar aimed his pistol outwards, looking for the girl from the balcony.

"She's not here."

The Major called out. "Storage is empty! We can use the underground compartment inside."

The Lieutenant nodded.

They climbed into the storage. The Lieutenant pulled out a radio and began quickly speaking into the receiver after setting it up.

The Corporal sighed. "I don't think she followed us."

Major Gilico nodded. "Either she lost us, Major Tinal got her, or she's following the girls."

The Lieutenant's voice could be heard from just above them.

"Tinal. Come in, Tinal."

No response.

The Lieutenant shook his head. "He's gone." He turned back to the radio and tried again.

"Yarringsen. Yarringsen, are you still there?"

Kiana's voice came back on the radio. "Still here Lieutenant. So is Ribila."

"Watch out, Corporal. That shooter is probably coming for you. I think Tinal is dead."

Hadin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hadin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Having shot the soldier that stayed behind to save her, Yuvi ran outside to pursue the others.

She thought she had lost them before noticing footprints in the marsh.

Got them. She moved forward and soon saw the two female soldiers resting in the marsh.

They didn't notice her.

She aimed her pistol towards one and pulled the trigger.

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:01 pm

"Corporal....oh man I'm glad we finally made it away from there." Sergeant Ribila fell to the ground, exhausted.

Kiana nodded. "Yeah..." she pulled out her rifle and reloaded, just to be safe.

Ribila looked at her admiringly. "So, what do you hope to do when we get home? Do you have some man?"

Kiana's face went red, her thoughts flashing back to Radiatia. To Josko.

The Sergeant smiled. "Oh man, you do! But you're so pretty, there is no way you wouldn't! What is he like?"

Kiana sighed. "Calm down. We aren't out the woods yet." She looked around the marsh. "Literally..."

"Okay, fine." The Sergeant giggled, lighting a fire. "But we can rest here for at least a short while, no? We've been running for so long, I'm exhausted."

Kiana looked outwards. Kopurauth was a blip on the horizon.

"Yeah. Just for a little. We need to keep moving. The Lieutenant says that we might still have that girl on our tails."

Ribila looked at her. "So what is he like?!"

Kiana blushed. "Well...he's older than I am."

Ribila smiled. "That's good! He can take care of you!"

Kiana went bright red. "He....he has a fair amount of money too, it seems."

"Tell me more!"

"I....wonder if he knows I'm out here."

"He doesn't know? Where does he live."

"...Radiatia."

"All the way out there?! How did you meet him?"

"I met him on duty in the King's Guard."

"Oh, so he's a bigshot! He must have been important if you were on a mission with the King's Guard when you met him!"

"Yeah....yeah he's a really powerful guy in Radiatia."

"Do you miss him?"

"Of course."

"Did you get to spend time with him off duty?"

"Yeah. I got injured in Radiatia and he took care of me."

Ribila smiled. "You're a great woman, Corporal Yarringsen! I want to be like you!"

Kiana was unsure how to react to the compliment. War had toned down her normally bubbly personality.

"Well..." Kiana turned her head away for a moment, thinking of how to answer.

A gunshot rang out.

Ribila fell to the floor, a gunshot wound in her head.

Kiana sprang up and fired her rifle twice into the woods.

Yuvi appeared.

Kiana looked back at Ribila.

She's gone.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents