NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Fire 45 Discussion Thread (OOC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Vettrera
Senator
 
Posts: 4272
Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Astograth wrote:The first tiebreaker is head-to-head results, Vettera, and the current order is due to you beating Ancharmunn, Ancharmunn beating Lizland and Lizland beating Ima and Eastern Mae ;)

oh, Thank you :blush:
||International Achievements||
"In Search of That Which Cannot Be Seen"

User avatar
Eastfield Lodge
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10231
Founded: May 23, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Eastfield Lodge » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:00 am

Enjoying the World Cup history here.
Economic Left/Right: -5.01 (formerly -5.88)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31 (formerly 2.36)
ISideWith UK
My motto translates to: "All Eat Fish and Chips!"
First person to post the 10,000th reply to a thread on these forums.
International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
info to be added
stuff to be added
This nation partially represents my political, social and economic views.

User avatar
Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21295
Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Eastfield Lodge wrote:Enjoying the World Cup history here.


Same here.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

User avatar
Azrael
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7203
Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Will a post after the RP cutoff, but before the scores are posted, count towards the next matchday?
If nothing exists, where did this anger come from?

User avatar
Astograth
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1632
Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Astograth » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Azrael wrote:Will a post after the RP cutoff, but before the scores are posted, count towards the next matchday?

Yes. Apologies for today's delay between cutoff and scores.

User avatar
Azrael
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7203
Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:55 pm

Astograth wrote:
Azrael wrote:Will a post after the RP cutoff, but before the scores are posted, count towards the next matchday?

Yes. Apologies for today's delay between cutoff and scores.

Ah, it's alright. I'll just combine the post I deleted (because I was unsure) with a match summary. :)
If nothing exists, where did this anger come from?

User avatar
Equestrian States
Senator
 
Posts: 3869
Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Equestrian States » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:35 pm

Well, I'm done. Whatever happens in the last matches won't matter as my team would lose the head-to-head tiebreakers against either of the current top two.

I'll try to win the last one to get 3rd in the group, but we're done otherwise.
83rd World Cup Champions
58th & 59th AOCAF Cup Champions
5x World Cup, 2x Cup of Harmony, 1x Baptism of Fire, 2x World Cup of Hockey, 3x World Baseball Classic, 1x World Bowl, 2x International Basketball Championship Host

User avatar
Yesopalitha
Minister
 
Posts: 2664
Founded: Sep 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Yesopalitha » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Gotta love how at three wins and one draw if I lose next match and another team wins I can be going home. Go Group B - INSANITY. (with Armed Bears and Hutt River)
Motto: Perseverantia saeculorum Note: I prefer to be known as YSP over YES if you use abbreviations.
Proud Original Member of Mystria

Puppet Nation of Chromatika

User avatar
Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21295
Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Yesopalitha wrote:Gotta love how at three wins and one draw if I lose next match and another team wins I can be going home. Go Group B - INSANITY. (with Armed Bears and Hutt River)


Equestrian States wrote:Well, I'm done. Whatever happens in the last matches won't matter as my team would lose the head-to-head tiebreakers against either of the current top two.

I'll try to win the last one to get 3rd in the group, but we're done otherwise.


Welcome to the World Cup and Margaret's whims...

(also 5000th post 8) )
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

User avatar
Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21608
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:34 am

Yesopalitha wrote:Gotta love how at three wins and one draw if I lose next match and another team wins I can be going home. Go Group B - INSANITY. (with Armed Bears and Hutt River)

I know, I know: As one of my players said, it seems like the toughest group in the contest ... and I think that it's the only group in which as many as five of the six nations have already done at least some RP...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

User avatar
Elmonia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Oct 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Elmonia » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:35 am

Hope everyone's been enjoying my RP's.
Off to write another!

Now, i'll be angry if i qualify, cuz when Carmadin was in the BoF, they didn't get past the Group Stage :blink:

I can probably work that in with the whole "Damn Carmadin" mindset in the RP Plot, though :)

User avatar
Wight
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1118
Founded: Oct 14, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wight » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:03 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Yesopalitha wrote:Gotta love how at three wins and one draw if I lose next match and another team wins I can be going home. Go Group B - INSANITY. (with Armed Bears and Hutt River)

I know, I know: As one of my players said, it seems like the toughest group in the contest ... and I think that it's the only group in which as many as five of the six nations have already done at least some RP...

Does seem like the RPers are clustered, and other groups totally RP free. Luck (or lack of) the draw...
::: WIGHT :::
BECAUSE REASONS

User avatar
New Montreal States
Diplomat
 
Posts: 654
Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Montreal States » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:04 am

Wight wrote:Does seem like the RPers are clustered, and other groups totally RP free. Luck (or lack of) the draw...


It's easier, and more fun, to RP when a bunch of other people in your group are also RPing.
WBC 26 champions!
4th place finishers, World Cup 11; 2nd place finishers World Cup 31; Cup of Harmony 53 winners
Co-hosts of World Cup 28 and Cup of Harmony 16 with The Archregimancy; co-hosts of World Cup 64 and Cup of Harmony 54 with Wight; co-hosts of Cup of Harmony 50

User avatar
Polar Islandstates
Senator
 
Posts: 3578
Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Islandstates » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:23 am

New Montreal States wrote:
Wight wrote:Does seem like the RPers are clustered, and other groups totally RP free. Luck (or lack of) the draw...


It's easier, and more fun, to RP when a bunch of other people in your group are also RPing.


true that. i'm the only one in my group.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, DBC57, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

User avatar
Cascratia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cascratia » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:30 am

Group H is fun with West Angola, Azrael and myself rolepaying consistently. It's just sad to see one of us will go out tomorrow.

User avatar
Carmadin
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1284
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:25 am

Polar Islandstates wrote:
New Montreal States wrote:
It's easier, and more fun, to RP when a bunch of other people in your group are also RPing.


true that. i'm the only one in my group.

same
<PIS>: You say boom. I worry
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
WHF 9: 10th place with 16 points
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

User avatar
West Angola
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1460
Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Angola » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:43 am

Cascratia wrote:Group H is fun with West Angola, Azrael and myself rolepaying consistently. It's just sad to see one of us will go out tomorrow.


Aye, it will be sad. We play them today and I'm almost hoping for a draw to make things really complicated!
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95
Fourth Place: Cup of Harmony 59; Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 55; Champion: Cup of Harmony 57

User avatar
Yesopalitha
Minister
 
Posts: 2664
Founded: Sep 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Yesopalitha » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:50 am

Cascratia wrote:Group H is fun with West Angola, Azrael and myself rolepaying consistently. It's just sad to see one of us will go out tomorrow.


In my opinion one of the best RPs available is the one after you don't make it to the playoffs... Dealing with a loss is actually funner to RP
Motto: Perseverantia saeculorum Note: I prefer to be known as YSP over YES if you use abbreviations.
Proud Original Member of Mystria

Puppet Nation of Chromatika

User avatar
Kagdazka and Pazhujebu
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kagdazka and Pazhujebu » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Yesopalitha wrote:
Cascratia wrote:Group H is fun with West Angola, Azrael and myself rolepaying consistently. It's just sad to see one of us will go out tomorrow.


In my opinion one of the best RPs available is the one after you don't make it to the playoffs... Dealing with a loss is actually funner to RP

A fantastic attitude; one which I entirely agree with personally. One of the best RPs I ever wrote was a sensationalist tabloid insulting half the players on my team for sucking so much after losing in the Cup of Harmony! :D

In other news, I will be holding the draw for the knockouts on IRC tonight shortly after I post scores. Anyone and everyone is welcome to drop in if they like; it's channel #nssport.

The four worst second place teams by points and then relevant tiebreakers will go to playoffs with one another (those playoffs will take place tomorrow evening). The two winners of those matches will go through with the nine group winners and five best group runners up. The Round of Sixteen will then take place on Thursday night.
The Federation of Kagdazka and Pazhujebu

Baptism of Fire 25 Champions (The Pazhujeb Islands), Baptism of Fire 33 Runners-Up (Kagdazka), AOCAF 33 Runners-Up (Kagdazka and Pazhujebu), Baptism of Fire 43 Co-Hosts, Baptism of Fire 45 Co-Hosts

User avatar
Azrael
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7203
Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:29 pm

West Angola wrote:
Cascratia wrote:Group H is fun with West Angola, Azrael and myself rolepaying consistently. It's just sad to see one of us will go out tomorrow.

Aye, it will be sad. We play them today and I'm almost hoping for a draw to make things really complicated!

Ah, I'm sorry West Angola. :( I have to agree it was really fun RP'ing with you guys. I offer you my condolences West Angola, and wish best of luck to you Cascratia.

Kagdazka and Pazhujebu wrote:
Yesopalitha wrote:
In my opinion one of the best RPs available is the one after you don't make it to the playoffs... Dealing with a loss is actually funner to RP

A fantastic attitude; one which I entirely agree with personally. One of the best RPs I ever wrote was a sensationalist tabloid insulting half the players on my team for sucking so much after losing in the Cup of Harmony! :D

In other news, I will be holding the draw for the knockouts on IRC tonight shortly after I post scores. Anyone and everyone is welcome to drop in if they like; it's channel #nssport.

The four worst second place teams by points and then relevant tiebreakers will go to playoffs with one another (those playoffs will take place tomorrow evening). The two winners of those matches will go through with the nine group winners and five best group runners up. The Round of Sixteen will then take place on Thursday night.

Yeah, I have to agree that a losing RP would be a fun one to write. And thanks for clarifying that info on the Round of 16; I had been wondering about that stuff for a while.
If nothing exists, where did this anger come from?

User avatar
Yesopalitha
Minister
 
Posts: 2664
Founded: Sep 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Yesopalitha » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Oh Margaret, Thou art cruel. Why must two teams that have identical records (four wins and a draw) face each other in the Round of 16? XD XD
Motto: Perseverantia saeculorum Note: I prefer to be known as YSP over YES if you use abbreviations.
Proud Original Member of Mystria

Puppet Nation of Chromatika

User avatar
Polar Islandstates
Senator
 
Posts: 3578
Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Islandstates » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:41 pm

Yesopalitha wrote:Oh Margaret, Thou art cruel. Why must two teams that have identical records (four wins and a draw) face each other in the Round of 16? XD XD


all three 5-0-0 teams into the same half, as well. nasty.
Last edited by Polar Islandstates on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, DBC57, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

User avatar
Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21295
Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Yesopalitha wrote:Oh Margaret, Thou art cruel. Why must two teams that have identical records (four wins and a draw) face each other in the Round of 16? XD XD


Yes... yes she is. <goes into corner and cries whilst sniffling I just want one semifinal appearence.. is that too much to ask?>
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

User avatar
Wight
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1118
Founded: Oct 14, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wight » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:22 pm

.
Last edited by Wight on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
::: WIGHT :::
BECAUSE REASONS

User avatar
Kagdazka and Pazhujebu
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kagdazka and Pazhujebu » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:41 pm

IMPORTANT HOST ANNOUNCEMENT

A heads up to Astograth, my cohost, and to all participants: I have edited the knockout draw very slightly. Having noticed that I drew two teams from the same group against one another in the Round of Sixteen (Politik and 19th Century Beards), I opted to simply switch the opponents in Astograth's Octofinals 3 and 4. With the new arrangement, Sigeren will face 19th Century Beards, and Politik will face the winner of the Überhölichschleissen-French Scandinavia playoff. This shouldn't benefit or harm anyone significantly.
The Federation of Kagdazka and Pazhujebu

Baptism of Fire 25 Champions (The Pazhujeb Islands), Baptism of Fire 33 Runners-Up (Kagdazka), AOCAF 33 Runners-Up (Kagdazka and Pazhujebu), Baptism of Fire 43 Co-Hosts, Baptism of Fire 45 Co-Hosts

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp

Advertisement

Remove ads