NATION

PASSWORD

OSIRIS - Establishment

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Topdop
Attaché

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Topdop » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:10 pm

Imperial Athens wrote:Thought you'd like to know how many voters weren't endorsing the delegate per the rules:

That wasn't in the rules.
Topdop (A mean old man)
Delegate of The East Pacific.

Imperial Athens
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 27, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Athens » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:21 pm

"ALL nations wishing to partake in Elections ARE requested to endorse the sitting Delegate as a show of good faith. "

I'm just going by what the occupying delegate decided.
Last edited by Imperial Athens on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mostly armless
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mostly armless » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Imperial Athens wrote:"ALL nations wishing to partake in Elections ARE requested to endorse the sitting Delegate as a show of good faith. "

It says requested, not required...
Last edited by Mostly armless on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the song 'Respect and Obey Authority' -
MoonarEclipse - 'Worse than Justin Beiber! How is that possible?'
Zephie wrote:The ultimate threat to America is arguing about its problems on the internet instead of taking action IRL.

Ashmoria wrote:one wonders how successful a camp full of gay boys can possibly BE in convincing them not to ...... become romantically involved with each other.

Old Erisia wrote:Obviously a conspiracy...
... And it succeeded, so that rules out the CIA...

Hydesland wrote:Do the lib dems actually exist, or have they been a figment of middle class imagination for the last few years?

Place Jolie
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Place Jolie » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Imperial Athens wrote:ZAOLAT'S VOTES:

Oliver the Mediocre
Purple Mage

Was informed by AMOM himself that as long as I resigned from the WA after voting ended, which I did, then my vote would still count.

Idiotic Idioms
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Idiotic Idioms » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:48 pm

One glaringly obvious fact to mention: I believe that it was stated that people must have their WA's in the region before voting began to avoid vote tampering by adding new votes as necessary during voting.

Northern Europia was not a WA in the region prior to yesterday, thus invalidating his vote during this election.

Zaolat wins.
Last edited by Idiotic Idioms on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topdop
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Topdop » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Imperial Athens wrote:"ALL nations wishing to partake in Elections ARE requested to endorse the sitting Delegate as a show of good faith. "

A "request" is not a requirement. All of those votes are still valid.

EDIT:

Idiotic Idioms wrote:One glaringly obvious fact to mention: I believe that it was stated that people must have their WA's in the region before voting began to avoid vote tampering by adding new votes as necessary during voting.

Negative. The fact that this was not the case was a commonly expressed grievance, not a rule.

OSIRIS

RESULTS:

Revert: (Topdop), (Mostly armless), (Land filled with People), (New Rogernomics), (Revert), (Zaolat), (The Death Star), (Momooyo), (Canalk), (Ramesses I), (Thieves), (Badr al-Jamali), (Ginet), (Second Chance Saloon), (Bananacrate), (Black Ops1), (MD of Foothills), (Kelvaros Prime), (Zombie Gaddafi), (Planet Israelia), (-Echolilia-), (Northern Europia), (Cubjubla)

Zaolat: (PhPuppet), (Heliotropus), (Idiotic Idioms), (Mahaj WA Seat), (Oliver the Mediocre), (Scribere est agere), (Phoenicia), (Tommy Franks), (Imperial Athens), (Commander Conquer), (Gruffydd ap Llywelyn 2), (Denivogar), (Osiris), (Purple Mage), (The SGA), (Dalimbar), (Aurora World), (Your Mum and Yo Mamma), (Neo Kervoskia), (Algonac), (Furrylicious)

Nicholas von Sinterklaas: (Nicholas von Sinterklaas)

Imperial 2: (Imperial 2)

Aurora World: (Alderaan), (Brimaica)

Aqualita: (Aqualita), (Verultimum), (Paceminfenitum), (Denton), (Plano), (Gilan)

Candidate disqualified.

Gagnos15: (Gagnos15)

Topdop:: (Twobagger)

Candidate not valid! :P

Bunnesia:

Canalk:

Vaira:

Candidate disqualified.

Considering Revert has publicly declared that he would like to hand the victory to Zaolat...

Zaolat has won. Congratulations.

According to the officer in charge of TITO's operations in Osiris, TITO will, within the next few days, do whatever is necessary to secure Zaolat's status as delegate of Osiris, then leave.

Zaolat, you may choose a forum in which you will host the region's constitutional convention. I personally ask you to oversee this convention very carefully; keep it organized, discourage the usage of one-liners in conversation/debate on it, try to stop people from rushing, and have a system for proposing drafts and editing drafts.

If you follow the guidelines provided in this thread, you will remain delegate of Osiris for three months, and after these three months are over you will step down (unless reelected or somehow chosen again by the newly established government of the region). Sometime before you step down the constitutional convention should be over and the government established.

This is the system I recommend: You oversee the draft of the constitution. Allow people to propose their own drafts and, after a few weeks, have a vote on all existing drafts. The winning draft will then be discussed and debated by the citizens of Osiris, who may propose additions to, edits to, or deletions of the constitution's existing text. A motion to modify the text should be seconded by at least two other members before being voted on, and only one motion should be voted on at a time. Motions should pass with a simple majority vote for and fail if the majority of voters are against.

Set a date on which the new constitution will be considered completed. Accept whatever the text of the constitution is at that time (preferably two or three weeks before your three month term ends) as the region's official constitution and establish the government, the creation of which the constitution should call for. The government should then choose a new delegate or choose to keep you in your position.

That is what I recommend you do, only because I have some experience with this kind of thing and if it isn't done right it can be a mess. You don't want to end up with a constitution or a system like The North Pacific's.

Thank you to all who allowed this to proceed without making displays of excessive absurdity.

Topdop/A mean old man,
signing out.
Last edited by Topdop on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topdop (A mean old man)
Delegate of The East Pacific.

Aurora World
Envoy

Founded: Jun 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurora World » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:06 pm

That's great! My sincere congratulations Zaolat! :clap:
Have you ever wondered which hurts the most: saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing, and wishing you had?

It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

I am a girl. Deal with it.

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:06 pm

Aye, capitan.

For reference, the official forums shall be thus: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Osiris_NS/index/
Last edited by Zaolat on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Congrats, Zaolat :)
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

PhPuppet
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby PhPuppet » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:11 pm

Congrats, Zao and thanks AMOM for holding these elections.

Cerberion
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2010
Corporate Police State

Postby Cerberion » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Congrats!

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:23 pm

Good luck, Osiris, and congrats to Elmer for winning ;)

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:43 pm

Most excellent. Glad to see the region now has a future to build off of.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Yay Zaolat!
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Undead Todd
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Undead Todd » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:00 pm

Huzzah!

The Kayaker
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kayaker » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Congratulations :)

The SGA
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The SGA » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Congrats Zao and Revert! (But especially Zaolat)
The SGA,
A Nuetral Nation,
Osiris

Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.

- Ulysses

Your Mum and Yo Mamma
Secretary

Founded: Aug 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Your Mum and Yo Mamma » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Mostly armless wrote:

It says requested, not required...

It definitely said "required" before the elections. That was why there was some confusion.

It appears that the word had been stealthily changed...

Which is fine, anyway, since I'd been campaigning for the change in that policy from required to requested. Though, I wonder how many votes were missed due to the ignorance of the above change? Not too many, but definitely my vote was missed due to my ignorance of this. Oh well -Zaolat won anyway.

Bananacrate
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bananacrate » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:41 pm

Congrats!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay