NATION

PASSWORD

[NSNS] When a sinker is born...

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:24 pm

SL is there to help the region and we're holding elections as we speak. He holds no sword of damascus over the region. I'm not sure what your argument is. Just because SL is not neutral does not mean he can't act in a neutral capacity and I've been very impressed by his work. He has not said "I'm holding these forums for about a week before holding elections". That was something we had deliberated and discussed as a group.

I think the biggest difference between the two is that in Balder, we saw co-operation and in Osiris it was unilateral action that continues to be unilateral. Has TITO been discussing with members in the region what it wants to do? Or has it been dictating? It also seems that even TITO itself hasn't been discussing this with all of it's own members , given the answers of members such MinnaCaroline. I think TITO should communicate with the members of the region (rather than just telling them what to do) and work on getting it going not on their terms but on the regions terms and to do what's best for the region.

Surely, co-operation and communication is the answer?
Two-Time President of Europeia
Self-Lighting Firework

Europeia, the Land of Peace, Freedom and Equality .

Fratt Armed Forces
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fratt Armed Forces » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:35 pm

*wonders if Cerberion is thinking of a different SL*
RRA High Commander

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:35 pm

Maybe... it's Sovereign Liberties.
Self-Lighting Firework

Cerberion
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2010
Corporate Police State

Postby Cerberion » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Then yeah, very much different SL. LOL

Serves me right for not looking at Balder.

Serves everyone right for using abbreviations :)

Let me give you another situation to think of. Let's say Kain and his merry band had not marched in, and TITO deployed much as Uni's folks did to set it up.

You'd still scream bloody murder. You'd scream even louder if a forum created by a TITO member had been put up, even if we gave the admin access to the legally appointed delegate.

Let's face it, the only way to take Osiris is to own their forum so that you have power over their community.

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:53 pm

All I'm saying, is why can't TITO communicate and co-operate with other members who share the goal of setting up a democratic region?
Self-Lighting Firework

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Founded: Nov 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Cerberion wrote:Then yeah, very much different SL. LOL

Let me give you another situation to think of. Let's say Kain and his merry band had not marched in, and TITO deployed much as Uni's folks did to set it up.

You'd still scream bloody murder. You'd scream even louder if a forum created by a TITO member had been put up, even if we gave the admin access to the legally appointed delegate.

Let's face it, the only way to take Osiris is to own their forum so that you have power over their community.

Guess what? Osiris has a forum that people use, and thats in our IRC chat and stuff! But you insist on having Osiris's elections in the NS forums like Osiris is just some pawn.
Member of The South and Osiris
Representing Mahaj in the World Assembly.
The Mahaj Factbook.

Author of Missing Minors Act (Repealed) and In Regards to Cloning
Mike the Progressive wrote:
Brogavia wrote:Fuck bitches, get money.
You shall be my god.

Georgism wrote:Fuck off you cunt, I'm always nice.

NERVUN wrote:Yog zap!

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:I am the Urinater..... I'll be back.

Jedi Utopians wrote:5) Now, saying that a nation couldn't be part of OPEC would be bold. AIPEC sounds like something you'd want to get checked out by a physician for.

Cerberion
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cerberion » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Mahaj WA Seat wrote:
Cerberion wrote:Then yeah, very much different SL. LOL

Guess what? Osiris has a forum that people use, and thats in our IRC chat and stuff! But you insist on having Osiris's elections in the NS forums like Osiris is just some pawn.

Who's the admin of those forums?

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:09 pm

Cerberion wrote:
Mahaj WA Seat wrote:Guess what? Osiris has a forum that people use, and thats in our IRC chat and stuff! But you insist on having Osiris's elections in the NS forums like Osiris is just some pawn.

Kain the Dragoon, ToddMcCloud, Dalimbar, and Zaolat.
The Mahaj Factbook.

You shall be my god.

Jedi Utopians wrote:5) Now, saying that a nation couldn't be part of OPEC would be bold. AIPEC sounds like something you'd want to get checked out by a physician for.

Cerberion
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cerberion » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:15 pm

Mahaj WA Seat wrote:
Cerberion wrote:

Kain the Dragoon, ToddMcCloud, Dalimbar, and Zaolat.

Yeah, maybe if it was a neutral forum...

Fratt Armed Forces
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fratt Armed Forces » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:23 pm

How many forums Todd is admin in? :P
RRA High Commander

Dystopian Malisin
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dystopian Malisin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:23 pm

TITO wants to control Osiris. It's that simple.
Factbook(Incomplete)
NSWiki(Incomplete)
Website(Incomplete)
NSEconomy
NSTracker
Sunset Calculator
People:
Seth Eliason, current dictator. Wife: Toria Eliason. Son: William Eliason, ambassador to Saliu. Brother: Gray Eliason, executed for treason.
Tarik El-Hilal, current head advisor, head of internal and foreign affairs. Tenzin El-Hilal, head military and police general.
Katrina Bermenheim, criminal and traitor. *captured*
Business: None Yet
Wars: War on Pazajkland- diplomatic victory
Alliances: None Yet
Sports: None Yet
Other: Embassy in Saliu- Ambassador William Eliason
Allies: Saliu
Enemies: None Yet

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:27 pm

Cerberion wrote:
Mahaj WA Seat wrote:Kain the Dragoon, ToddMcCloud, Dalimbar, and Zaolat.

This is about as neutral as its going to get. You guys know that well, but yet you insist on this neutrality. Like you guys are The Neutral Region yourselves.
The Mahaj Factbook.

You shall be my god.

Cerberion
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cerberion » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:35 pm

Mahaj WA Seat wrote:
Cerberion wrote:

This is about as neutral as its going to get. You guys know that well, but yet you insist on this neutrality. Like you guys are The Neutral Region yourselves.

One final comment and then I think I'm done with the dead horse.
Kain is the super admin right? he who can delete all other admin?

If so, start a forum run by a truly neutral player as the ultimate owner, and we'll call it neutral.

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Cerberion wrote:
Mahaj WA Seat wrote:This is about as neutral as its going to get. You guys know that well, but yet you insist on this neutrality. Like you guys are The Neutral Region yourselves.

One final comment and then I think I'm done with the dead horse.
Kain is the super admin right? he who can delete all other admin?

If so, start a forum run by a truly neutral player as the ultimate owner, and we'll call it neutral.

He is not. I listed him first because my listing was random, he is not. Zao is (he's the second highest endod native FYI)
The Mahaj Factbook.

You shall be my god.

Kshrlmnt
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kshrlmnt » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Cerberion wrote:My, I wonder how the story would have read if Kain had gotten enough Endo's.

Moreover, I wonder what the WFE would have read?
Bet you I know what the flag would have looked like.

So interesting how attitudes change from thread to thread. If Kain was in the seat would there have been a thread similar to TPC Poetically invaded? A thread gloating over the triumph of NBE's subjugation of Osiris? I think perhaps the answer to that is "very likely".

But of course, every time things go awry it's some wonderfully high moral stand taken by the invader group, about how they were helping the community and how evil TITO are.

Same old rhetoric, from the same old faces. It's almost comforting in it's predictability.

Also to: http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=690710

I disagree. I'm not going for the delegacy myself, and you know why? There's nothing to raid, and I don't particularly want to control a sinker. Sure, large regions are fun to raid, and anyone could come out on top here, but it'd be like conquering Somalia over conquering the US (no offense to either). The first isn't *not* a challenge, but then you have to deal with the mess, and if you're there to just stick your flag in the place and claim it you're only going to annoy the people who were trying to clean up. The second is a real challenge, and you're not going to be buried under the 20 other people going for the place.

It's somewhat arrogant to take it upon yourself to be the neutral party officiating elections, but hey, I gotta admit it's useful. But Osiris isn't a region that exactly has natives, not yet. It's a new thing and if XKI wants to be fair and give everyone a chance, they should give raiders a chance, too. Contrary to the training manuals, raiders don't spend all their days bouncing around NS destroying poor innocent regions. Raiders can be regionbuilders, too, you know, and Kain's actually quite an excellent one.
Elindra Kshrlmnt Dion Diablessa
Lady of Loquacity and Archempress of Unknown

Mistress of the lolcats, Secretary of NS Disney, Author of Ask Ellie, Victim of the illustrious Flag Thief, Member of PETI
She whose name can too be pronounced

Koth - Last Monday at 9:38 AM
I get sad when I offend elindra because I don't intend to yet I will do absolutely nothing to prevent it

Ghostbusters
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghostbusters » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Dystopian Malisin wrote:TITO wants to control Osiris. It's that simple.

TITO wants to controls Osiris. It's that simple.

There fixed that for you. You know what else is simple? Take it from them! (Although that works better when you have actual WA nations in the region instead of a bunch of noisy puppets... so it appears you're out of luck.)

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Kshrlmnt wrote:
Cerberion wrote:My, I wonder how the story would have read if Kain had gotten enough Endo's.

Moreover, I wonder what the WFE would have read?
Bet you I know what the flag would have looked like.

So interesting how attitudes change from thread to thread. If Kain was in the seat would there have been a thread similar to TPC Poetically invaded? A thread gloating over the triumph of NBE's subjugation of Osiris? I think perhaps the answer to that is "very likely".

But of course, every time things go awry it's some wonderfully high moral stand taken by the invader group, about how they were helping the community and how evil TITO are.

Same old rhetoric, from the same old faces. It's almost comforting in it's predictability.

Also to: http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=690710

I disagree. I'm not going for the delegacy myself, and you know why? There's nothing to raid, and I don't particularly want to control a sinker. Sure, large regions are fun to raid, and anyone could come out on top here, but it'd be like conquering Somalia over conquering the US (no offense to either). The first isn't *not* a challenge, but then you have to deal with the mess, and if you're there to just stick your flag in the place and claim it you're only going to annoy the people who were trying to clean up. The second is a real challenge, and you're not going to be buried under the 20 other people going for the place.

It's somewhat arrogant to take it upon yourself to be the neutral party officiating elections, but hey, I gotta admit it's useful. But Osiris isn't a region that exactly has natives, not yet. It's a new thing and if XKI wants to be fair and give everyone a chance, they should give raiders a chance, too. Contrary to the training manuals, raiders don't spend all their days bouncing around NS destroying poor innocent regions. Raiders can be regionbuilders, too, you know, and Kain's actually quite an excellent one.

You have well thought out points. Unfortunately, TITO is obliged to disagree with you, else they'll be kicked out by The Chief Raider himself, Grub.
The Mahaj Factbook.

You shall be my god.

Kommandant Von Gest
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kommandant Von Gest » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:25 pm

Well I at least hope this means that I won't hear anymore about how noble and moral the defenders are. This is an example of pure Realpolitik with the defenders seeking to install their own handpicked on the sinkers.

Ostensibly the defenders will argue that they're installing democracies but this is a sham. In the end the delegates shall be some safe milquetoast pick.

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:18 pm

At this time I have not recognized any government as legitimate in the regions "Osiris" or "Balder". I am waiting and seeing what arises in said regions before recognizing anything. Until then, I'm staying out.

I also don't think the term "native" is appropriate to use in these regions. Let's face it, everybody in there was either (1) refounded in the last couple days or (2) moved in during the last couple days. It's always been difficult to classify "natives" in game-created regions, and in the case of game-created regions this new, I think trying to draw that distinction is useless outside of propaganda.

Also, I think the last few days have illustrated just how different the approaches of various defenders can be. (Note I'm speaking only for myself in this post.)

Goobergunchia
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Defenders, by their nature, are suppose to be reactionary, not proactive. XKI doesn't quite seem to understand that, and thinks that simply because they proclaim themselves "defenders" it makes it true, which is far from the case.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:57 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Defenders, by their nature, are suppose to be reactionary, not proactive. XKI doesn't quite seem to understand that, and thinks that simply because they proclaim themselves "defenders" it makes it true, which is far from the case.

You couldn't have just said that TITO is a bunch of raiders posing as defenders?
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:57 pm

Fratt Armed Forces wrote:How many forums Todd is admin in? :P

OVER 9000!!!

Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:04 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:You couldn't have just said that TITO is a bunch of raiders posing as defenders?

And insult raiders everywhere? I think not.

You know, General Powell of DEN once came up with a phrase for the sort of group that TITO is, one that pretends to defend but is really only acting in their own interests. He called them "Offenders" which was later shortened down to "Fenda".
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:06 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:You couldn't have just said that TITO is a bunch of raiders posing as defenders?

And insult raiders everywhere? I think not.

You know, General Powell of DEN once came up with a phrase for the sort of group that TITO is, one that pretends to defend but is really only acting in their own interests. He called them "Offenders" which was later shortened down to "Fenda".

Interesting... So that's where fenda comes from....

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:10 pm

Yes, people commonly associate it as raider slang for "Defender" but they are using the word incorrectly if they use it as such.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay