NATION

PASSWORD

[DELAYED] Repeal Commend 10000 Islands

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

[DELAYED] Repeal Commend 10000 Islands

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:08 pm

The Security Council,

Acknowledging that 10000 Islands once stood as a pinnacle of the defensive efforts of the world and that forces there have aided many a wrongly-invaded region,

Realizing, however, that as-of-late 10000 Islands and the defender organization TITO, based out of 10000 Islands, has turned rogue in multiple cases in different regions,

Pointing Out that TITO has violated the wishes of natives and long-standing regional residents, including banning and ejecting nations as well as acting in a manner that has resulted in the Condemnation of regions such as The Black Hawks and Unknown,

Noting the power-grabbing manner in which TITO executed a raid-style invasion of the region Osiris soon after it was founded, in which the TITO operative Sichuan Pepper not only took control of the region but proceeded to ban and eject multiple nations displaying no hostility or malevolence toward the region or populous thereof,

Further Noting that the region Anarchy was invaded and forced into a militant coup by TITO forces in which said forces claimed to be "re-instating the rightful Delegate," barring that the natives of the region had said that the TITO forces were, indeed, not restoring any rightful Delegate but endorsing their own candidate in another shockingly raider-esque tactic,

Appalled that 10000 Islands would not only sanction such invasions and land-grabs but would would proudly flaunt the maneuver and house the invaders responsible, all while flying the banner of "justice,"

Hereby Repeals SCR#30, Commend 10000 Islands.

Submitted Draft now stands as:

The Security Council,

Acknowledging that 10000 Islands once stood as a pinnacle of the defensive efforts of the world and that their forces there have aided many a wrongly-invaded region,

Concerned by the overzealous military policies of 10000 Islands, in which nations that do not share their views were regarded as "bullies" or "menaces", as well as their questionable operations as of late, which has resulted in tyranny under the guise of justice,

Realizing, however, lately, 10000 Islands and the defender organization TITO, based out of 10000 Islands, has turned rogue in multiple cases in different regions, resulting in the tragic displacement of native nations and unwanted nations being forcibly placed impositions of power,

Pointing Out that TITO has violated the wishes of natives and long-standing regional residents, including banning and ejecting nations, as well as acting in a manner that has resulted in the Condemnation of regions such as The Black Hawks, NAZI EUROPE, and the Greater German Reich,

Noting the power-grabbing manner in which TITO executed a raid-style invasion of the region Osiris - the demographics and influence of which displaying the potential to become an exorbitant entity, soon after it was founded - in which the TITO operative Sichuan Pepper not only took control of the region but proceeded to ban and eject multiple nations displaying no hostility or malevolence toward the region or populous thereof,

Further Noting that the region Islam was invaded by the same TITO operative who performed suppression of native conversation and free will without reasonable cause,

Appalled that 10000 Islands would not only sanction such invasions and land-grabs but would would proudly flaunt the maneuver and house the invaders responsible, while simultaneously attempting to control regional elections outside of 10000 Islands and impose this will on unwilling natives, all while flying the banner of "justice,"

Recognizing that by the events above, 10000 Islands has reversed the course of actions that originally resulted in their Commendation and are therefore now unworthy to hold the badge,

Co-Authored by Connopolis
Last edited by Skyrim Diplomacy on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:31 am, edited 6 times in total.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:09 pm

Against...

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Totally against.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Albul wrote:Everyone has said what they needed and now no one is saying anything relevant to the topic.

That describes pretty much every topic ever posted in NSG.

Karak Eight Peaks
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 03, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Karak Eight Peaks » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:43 pm

For. You could also draft a condemnation of Sichuan Pepper.

Gibet
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gibet » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:50 pm

I am FOR this resolution......

We cannot tolerate invaders....
Gott Mit Uns!

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:51 pm

ABSOLUTLY AGAINST
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Connopolis
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Upon joining several months ago, I had a profound respect for XKI and TITO, considering their benevolent cause and just purpose; defending with no incentive other than to protect natives from "bullies" as noted in their WFE. However, as time progresses, I gradually lost my respect; the TITO sponsored repeal of Laws of the Sea was sickening, as the proposal was submitted without referring to the NS forums, and it repealed a perfectly good resolution over dubious "errors". Next came their accusing me of being a raider, when I'm a registered member of the UDL and the subsequent ban from their forums because of it; I'm still unsure of their ulterior reasoning to this day. And finally, comes to horrifying invasions of Anarchy, which despite their claims, was not native endorsed; compounded with their regional raiding, they've basically raided Osiris, which I'm skeptical of whether or not their motives are benign or otherwise, as I can see no reason for an organization as large as XKI to need a sinker to effectively defend. So I am strongly in support of this, as I find it inappropriate to commend a region who is under the feint guise of "justice", when as of late, their decisions have been questionable at best. If they can explain these actions adequately, then I will consider changing my mind, but as of now, I'm:
FOR
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell
GA Ambassador of the Connopolian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm

I've been critical of what I thought were TITO raids in the past, but I must admit this whole case over the new sinker is total bull. The raiders wanted it, knew they couldn't beat TITO and are thus throwing a tantrum because there was an "invasion". It's a new GCR, no matter who takes the delegate spot, it is going to be through moving into the region as a WA and endorsing someone. Unless they wanted there not to ever be a delegate, it is a stupid charge, unless they are only making it in the hopes TITO will flee from the "scandal" and they finally get their hands on the sinker.

I don't know anything about Anarchy, I've been inactive. As far as I'm concerned what you are saying could be true, but I don't need to check it out because I'll vote against this based on the above regardless.
AKA Weed

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Topid wrote:I've been critical of what I thought were TITO raids in the past, but I must admit this whole case over the new sinker is total bull. The raiders wanted it, knew they couldn't beat TITO and are thus throwing a tantrum because there was an "invasion". It's a new GCR, no matter who takes the delegate spot, it is going to be through moving into the region as a WA and endorsing someone. Unless they wanted there not to ever be a delegate, it is a stupid charge, unless they are only making it in the hopes TITO will flee from the "scandal" and they finally get their hands on the sinker.

I don't know anything about Anarchy, I've been inactive. As far as I'm concerned what you are saying could be true, but I don't need to check it out because I'll vote against this based on the above regardless.

I haven't seen any raiders throwing tantrums as of yet... As far as I know, no one that's posted thus far is a raider.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:06 pm

To be honest, I would have liked to have been able to go into one of the two new feeders and do something useful- but I don't see the point, when anyone who's considered an invader is being told by XKI that we aren't allowed to have any input. The removal of a commendation, while sending the right message in the World Assembly's political language and simultaneously removing a document that I revile, will only translate to Grub and his disgustingly insular government that raiders now run the World Assembly. This would result in further interference from XKI in WA affairs, which is something I don't think anybody wants to see anymore. I am therefore AGAINST this proposal.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:15 pm

I hear the fors and againsts; thanks for the quick input. Any noticeable errors/changes you would make from you prolific author sorts?

*pokes Connopolis*
Last edited by Skyrim Diplomacy on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Unknown was condemned more for forum destroying. I'd remove them from this.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:33 pm

*Connopolis takes out his red pen* :p

The Security Council,

Acknowledging that 10000 Islands once stood as a pinnacle of the defensive efforts of the world and that their forces there have aided many a wrongly-invaded region,

Concerned by the overzealous policies of the 10000 Islands, in which nations that do not hold their views were regarded as "bullies" or "menaces", as well as their questionable operations as of late, which resulted in tyranny under the guise of justice,
-Just a suggestions, but I personally think it fits well; sort of introduced their other actions-

Realizing, however, that lately, 10000 Islands and the defender organization TITO, based out of 10000 Islands, has turned rogue in multiple cases in different regions,

Pointing out that TITO has violated the wishes of natives and long-standing regional residents, including banning and ejecting nations as well as acting in a manner that has resulted in the Condemnation of regions such as The Black Hawks, and Unknown,

Noting the power-grabbing manner in which TITO executed a raid-style invasion of the region Osiris - the demographics and influence of which displaying the potential to become an exorbitant entity - in which the TITO operative Sichuan Pepper not only took control of the region but proceeded to ban and eject multiple nations dip laying no hostility or malevolence toward the region or populous thereof,

Further Noting that the region Anarchy was invaded and forced into a militant coup by TITO forces in which said forces claimed to be "re-instating the rightful Delegate," barring that the natives of the region had said that the TITO forces were, indeed, not restoring any rightful Delegate but endorsing their own candidate in another shockingly raider-esque tactic,

Appalled that 10000 Islands would not only sanction such invasions and land-grabs but would would proudly flaunt the maneuver and house the invaders responsible, all while flying the banner of "justice,"

Horrified by their uncooperative attitude, and refusal to assist other prominent defender organizations, on several occasions, despite the common goal of the organizations,

-Based on my personal experience during my defending career (which has been brief, however); they tend to be isolationist and confrontational with other defending organizations-

The Security Council,

Acknowledging that 10000 Islands once stood as a pinnacle of the defensive efforts of the world and that their forces [strike]there have aided many a wrongly-invaded region,

Concerned by the overzealous policies of the 10000 Islands, in which nations that do not hold their views were regarded as "bullies" or "menaces", as well as their questionable operations as of late, which resulted in tyranny under the guise of justice,

Realizing, however, lately, 10000 Islands and the defender organization TITO, based out of 10000 Islands, has turned rogue in multiple cases in different regions,

Pointing out that TITO has violated the wishes of natives and long-standing regional residents, including banning and ejecting nations as well as acting in a manner that has resulted in the Condemnation of regions such as The Black Hawks,

Noting the power-grabbing manner in which TITO executed a raid-style invasion of the region Osiris - the demographics and influence of which displaying the potential to become an exorbitant entity, soon after it was founded - in which the TITO operative Sichuan Pepper not only took control of the region but proceeded to ban and eject multiple nations dip laying no hostility or malevolence toward the region or populous thereof,

Horrified by their uncooperative attitude, and refusal to assist other prominent defender organizations, on several occasions, despite the common goal of the organizations,

OOC: More edits to come. I've got a Symphonic Wind ensemble to perform at tonight, and tomorrow, so expect more edits then. :lol:
Last edited by Connopolis on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 8 times in total.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:54 pm

Also, the work TITO did in Islam. Same operative.

-Arizona-
Civilian

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -Arizona- » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:23 pm

I will support this indefinitely.

Let me know how I can help.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Furthering the reasoning here, it would seem Grub/TITO/XKI are going to continue their occupation of Osiris for the time being.

Hello to all of the new residents of Osiris!

Unfortunately, this message is going to be off of the RMB in about 10 minutes, but hopefully either someone can re-post it or let others know what is going on. I'll try to be brief and to the point. Last night, a known invader, Kain_the_Dragoon, moved into Osiris. We know this guy and he is not someone you want having your information and running this region by force. Since we can see a bright future for Osiris, we didn't want you to be under the thumb of a known bad guy who has a history of putting his interests above those of other regions. So, we moved in and booted the lot.

While invaders and defenders abound here, we want to give you all the choice to elect your own first true leader. I haven't [heard] back yet, but I have reached out to a neutral, well known, third party to organize the election of your first Delegate.

Details with be upcoming, but I want you all to know what's going on. I am sure 50% of you will hate this news and brand me an occupier, but this is for the good of this region and NationStates. Defenders and invaders (as much as I despise what they do in NS) will be free to take part in this election. Since nations can only have one WA nation at a time, only votes from WA nations should be counted and those nations must reside in Osiris.

So, that's the update. Feel free to say why this is awful, but that's the plan. BTW, I want this to happen soon. I am not interested in this dragging on forever. I would like voting to start in about a week with voting lasting a day or two in the NS forum. Details aren't set, but that's what I'm thinking right now.

Sincerely,
The United States of Grub

Original Post

Apparently Grub now thinks he will be controlling the election cycle in Osiris. Even more reason why XKI and TITO should have their commendation revoked.

Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:55 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:Also, the work TITO did in Islam. Same operative.

Please by all means enhance on this. What work? Seriously a link to a region?
Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Derp (Ancient)
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Derp (Ancient) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:30 am

Sichuan Pepper wrote:
Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:Also, the work TITO did in Islam. Same operative.

"Further Noting that the region Anarchy was invaded and forced into a militant coup by TITO forces in which said forces claimed to be "re-instating the rightful Delegate," barring that the natives of the region had said that the TITO forces were, indeed, not restoring any rightful Delegate but endorsing their own candidate in another shockingly raider-esque tactic, and that the region Islam was invaded by the same TITO operative who performed suppression of native conversation and free will,"

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:14 am

Derp wrote:
Sichuan Pepper wrote:

"Further Noting that the region Anarchy was invaded and forced into a militant coup by TITO forces in which said forces claimed to be "re-instating the rightful Delegate," barring that the natives of the region had said that the TITO forces were, indeed, not restoring any rightful Delegate but endorsing their own candidate in another shockingly raider-esque tactic, and that the region Islam was invaded by the same TITO operative who performed suppression of native conversation and free will,"

"Suppression of native conversation and free will"? It sounds like The Alliance of Dictators :clap: . I think I will oppose this repeal. Good work TITO/10 KI. Good work Grub.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:58 am

Ooh I see ....you believe the INVADER Cobras of Israel (currently occupying and trying to grief Utopia and the INVADER Tail Two also in Utopia, also trying to grief Utopia) Were unfairly suppressed while they were raiding Islam.
Yes I suppose I was mean to have protected that region and stopped them from having fun.
Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Lagaphroaig
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Lagaphroaig » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:33 am

Sichuan Pepper wrote:Ooh I see ....you believe the INVADER Cobras of Israel (currently occupying and trying to grief Utopia and the INVADER Tail Two also in Utopia, also trying to grief Utopia) Were unfairly suppressed while they were raiding Islam.
Yes I suppose I was mean to have protected that region and stopped them from having fun.

Why so grumpy, dear delegate? You have the right to use your absolute power in the ways you see fit. Cheers for you and TITO. A job well done.
War is peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:44 am

Topid wrote:this whole case over the new sinker is total bull. The raiders wanted it, knew they couldn't beat TITO and are thus throwing a tantrum because there was an "invasion". It's a new GCR, no matter who takes the delegate spot, it is going to be through moving into the region as a WA and endorsing someone. Unless they wanted there not to ever be a delegate, it is a stupid charge, unless they are only making it in the hopes TITO will flee from the "scandal" and they finally get their hands on the sinker.
This.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Lagaphroaig
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Lagaphroaig » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:54 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Topid wrote:this whole case over the new sinker is total bull. The raiders wanted it, knew they couldn't beat TITO and are thus throwing a tantrum because there was an "invasion". It's a new GCR, no matter who takes the delegate spot, it is going to be through moving into the region as a WA and endorsing someone. Unless they wanted there not to ever be a delegate, it is a stupid charge, unless they are only making it in the hopes TITO will flee from the "scandal" and they finally get their hands on the sinker.
This.

???
War is peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength

The Teutonic Order
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Teutonic Order » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:03 am

Against
95% of people on NationStates won’t read this, but as we speak, Libyan people are being massacred, because they’re rebelling against an unfair government. The elderly, women, children, everyone in Libya is in danger tonight. It’s genocide. Repost this in your sig to raise awareness and support the revolution!
Generation 27 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Founded: Nov 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:21 am

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:Furthering the reasoning here, it would seem Grub/TITO/XKI are going to continue their occupation of Osiris for the time being.

Hello to all of the new residents of Osiris!

Unfortunately, this message is going to be off of the RMB in about 10 minutes, but hopefully either someone can re-post it or let others know what is going on. I'll try to be brief and to the point. Last night, a known invader, Kain_the_Dragoon, moved into Osiris. We know this guy and he is not someone you want having your information and running this region by force. Since we can see a bright future for Osiris, we didn't want you to be under the thumb of a known bad guy who has a history of putting his interests above those of other regions. So, we moved in and booted the lot.

While invaders and defenders abound here, we want to give you all the choice to elect your own first true leader. I haven't [heard] back yet, but I have reached out to a neutral, well known, third party to organize the election of your first Delegate.

Details with be upcoming, but I want you all to know what's going on. I am sure 50% of you will hate this news and brand me an occupier, but this is for the good of this region and NationStates. Defenders and invaders (as much as I despise what they do in NS) will be free to take part in this election. Since nations can only have one WA nation at a time, only votes from WA nations should be counted and those nations must reside in Osiris.

So, that's the update. Feel free to say why this is awful, but that's the plan. BTW, I want this to happen soon. I am not interested in this dragging on forever. I would like voting to start in about a week with voting lasting a day or two in the NS forum. Details aren't set, but that's what I'm thinking right now.

Sincerely,
The United States of Grub

Original Post

Apparently Grub now thinks he will be controlling the election cycle in Osiris. Even more reason why XKI and TITO should have their commendation revoked.

This is mostly why i'm for.
Member of The South and Osiris
Representing Mahaj in the World Assembly.
The Mahaj Factbook.

Author of Missing Minors Act (Repealed) and In Regards to Cloning
Mike the Progressive wrote:
Brogavia wrote:Fuck bitches, get money.
You shall be my god.

Georgism wrote:Fuck off you cunt, I'm always nice.

NERVUN wrote:Yog zap!

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:I am the Urinater..... I'll be back.

Jedi Utopians wrote:5) Now, saying that a nation couldn't be part of OPEC would be bold. AIPEC sounds like something you'd want to get checked out by a physician for.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council