NATION

PASSWORD

PASSED: Repeal "Liberate Feudal Japan"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Inflatable Gandalfs
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

PASSED: Repeal "Liberate Feudal Japan"

Postby Inflatable Gandalfs » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:43 am

Seeing how this is at vote, and the other thread was not dedicated to this particular version of the repeal:

Repeal "Liberate Feudal Japan"
A proposal to repeal a previously passed resolution

Category: Repeal
Resolution: SC#6
Proposed by: The KoZ

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #6: Liberate Feudal Japan shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Statements captured by Security Council Resolution #6: Liberate Feudal Japan (Category: Liberation) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

RECOGNISING Feudal Japan, a formerly sizeable and active region prior to its invasion in November 2007, has been restored to the recognized heirs of its founder, as anticipated by the passage of said Liberation resolution;

NOTING that forces of the FRA, TITO, Equilism, Texas, Europeia, 00000 A World Power, Yggdrasil, The United Kingdom, Crusaders of Justice, Liberty Alliance, Antarctica, and Royal Federation of Nations have accomplished this by neutralizing the act of invasion perpetrated by Catlandatopia, Fox Rite, The Cathedral, and Blades of Conquest upon the region Feudal Japan as it was cited in that resolution;

UNDERSTANDING while the region remains in contention between these opposing forces and under the threat of repeat invasion and assault, there is risk of disruption to the reclamation activities of the neutral residents of Feudal Japan as they rebuild their shattered community, as well as imposition to its desire for removing itself as a battleground so it may exist in peace;

FURTHER recognizing that the constructive act of rebuilding this region will swiftly contradict the Liberation resolution's statement that "current occupiers have left the region to rot and degrade into a mockery of its former self", which referred to its status post-invasion, pre-reclamation;

AWARE that the only hope for true peace and security being restored to this founderless region and for defusing uneasy standoff amongst the international community is by way of removing this "bone of contention" from the international stage, which requires restoring the region's ability for password protection as defence against future aggressors;

HEREBY retires Security Council Resolution #6 "Liberate Feudal Japan".
Last edited by Flibbleites on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I rest my case. Nurse! My medication!

Norhell
Civilian

Founded: Oct 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Norhell » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:19 pm

Hi, I'm new. Why was Feudal Japan invaded in the first place? I'm just trying to get the whole story before casting my yays or nays.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:17 pm

FJ was technically invaded twice. It was invaded first a little less than two years ago when nations from Catlandatopia, Fox Rite, and a few other regions took the delegacy. The reasons escape me, but I believe it was mainly due to relations that region was harboring with other regions and some of the players within that region at the time. Numerous attempts were made to free the region, but they were defeated and the region was subsequently passworded. With the passing of the apparent 'cure all' liberation proposal, the password was removed and the region was again invaded by members from a coalition of regions. But this invasion is more acceptable than the last invasion, according to NS politics, so they want the ability to have a password back in the region so they can password it for themselves.

Really, the region belongs to none of them anymore. It's a false front if anything, and kind of a moot point. Why would these new invaders want the ability to re-password the region? For the region's protection, I urge all nations to vote against this potentially hazardous repeal. We must protect FJ from being passworded.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:54 pm

I oppose the use of passwords to destroy communities.

Whether that is in the name of simple destruction, or for the cause of "rebuilding" refounding the region.

My WA puppet votes against.
AKA Weed

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:08 pm

As I've indicated before, the WA should not be in the business of being the invader/defender police. Further, Krioval will not vote for this resolution until all the "natives" that have been constantly alluded to actually show up and detail how this proposal is going to make everything all better, and they agree not to bother the WA if this resolution causes problems down the road. FJ has been liberated, and I don't see the mission of the WA to jump at the whims of individual regions.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:23 pm

I vote aganist, because i like that little badge and liberation makes impossible to new invaders to try the "occupy-block" game again. Password are useless for defending, those are better for invading.
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

Havensky
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Don't you mean to say that the invaders kicked all the natives out and passworded the region letting it sit there like a corpse for 2 years? The natives all had to take refuge in another region until the liberation resolution made it possible for them to return. Native leadership then proposed the repeal - that way they could protect the region on their own without interfernce from the Invader Wars.
The Skybound Republic of Havensky
(Pronounced Haven-Sky)

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Odd how a great deal of those "natives" have defender backgrounds.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Martyrdoom
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:01 pm

Krioval wrote:As I've indicated before, the WA should not be in the business of being the invader/defender police. Further, Krioval will not vote for this resolution until all the "natives" that have been constantly alluded to actually show up and detail how this proposal is going to make everything all better, and they agree not to bother the WA if this resolution causes problems down the road. FJ has been liberated, and I don't see the mission of the WA to jump at the whims of individual regions.

Too right, they should be the ones on here now, instead of 'defenders', gets me thinking...thoughts. As far as I know the current invade delegate of FJ - The Kabushiki Kaisha of The KoZ could be a defender puppet. So the WA has spent its time on liberating FJ and granting it the 'free-entry' it so anxiously sought, only for the new powers-that-be in the region to about-face and decide that we're not too keen on this 'free-entry' business?

Moreover, I can see one possibility which - if it were to happen - would kick up an almighty stink in some 3 days 16 hours and 50+mins: the WA would be ransacked as a consequence (obviously by the 'defenders', 'native' residents don't seem, to be kind, to have a voice).
Last edited by Martyrdoom on Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smelled a Spring on the Salford wind

Martyrdoom
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:03 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Odd how a great deal of those "natives" have defender backgrounds.

hahahahahaha just as I posted, been thinking the same thing. 'Koz' especially, I've not been around here too long, but I know I've seen it somewhere - and way before I even heard of FJ.

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:FJ was technically invaded twice. It was invaded first a little less than two years ago when nations from Catlandatopia, Fox Rite, and a few other regions took the delegacy. The reasons escape me, but I believe it was mainly due to relations that region was harboring with other regions and some of the players within that region at the time. Numerous attempts were made to free the region, but they were defeated and the region was subsequently passworded. With the passing of the apparent 'cure all' liberation proposal, the password was removed and the region was again invaded by members from a coalition of regions. But this invasion is more acceptable than the last invasion, according to NS politics, so they want the ability to have a password back in the region so they can password it for themselves.

Really, the region belongs to none of them anymore. It's a false front if anything, and kind of a moot point. Why would these new invaders want the ability to re-password the region? For the region's protection, I urge all nations to vote against this potentially hazardous repeal. We must protect FJ from being passworded.

That a good point,I'll vote against this one.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:24 pm

Krioval wrote:As I've indicated before, the WA should not be in the business of being the invader/defender police. Further, Krioval will not vote for this resolution until all the "natives" that have been constantly alluded to actually show up and detail how this proposal is going to make everything all better, and they agree not to bother the WA if this resolution causes problems down the road. FJ has been liberated, and I don't see the mission of the WA to jump at the whims of individual regions.

Quite right. This was a good idea for those password invasions where a password was put into place immediately after the initial invasion. But now it's just becoming a tool to that the WA really should be quick to ignore. I mean, if this worked in the real UN (yeah, I'll make an analogy on that), what, would the UN have proposed a "Liberate Iraq" in which they remove the US's password from the nation?

Martyrdoom
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:33 pm

I assume you'll be voting against the repeal Todd?

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Martyrdoom wrote:I assume you'll be voting against the repeal Todd?

I vote however my region tells me to vote.

Havensky
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:30 pm

This may be a bit too subtle, but didn't a native propose the repeal?
Last edited by Havensky on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Skybound Republic of Havensky
(Pronounced Haven-Sky)

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:30 pm

I just hope to [violet] that raiders don't take the delegacy before the retirement is voted in.

That would be destiny at its bitchiness. :p
Ambassador Adelinda Gliemann
The Clockwork Forge of Stash Kroh
WA Security Council Liaison

Metania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 31, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Metania » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:24 pm

I find it ironic raiders can rally large forces of nations to take over a nation, but are incapable of getting those same people to turn out in large enough numbers to vote through proposals in the WA.
Determination Overcomes Adversity
Jul

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:34 pm

I don't.

Crashers can't stick with the same puppet, if we do, defenders will track us everywhere we attempt to crash and simply overwhelm us. To add to that, partaking in a WA vote is a good way to get your puppet spotted. Ever notice that a vast majority of Crasher regions do not have delegates? That is why (mind you Lone Wolves United has a delegate for reasons no one can explain, not even the delegate).

Metania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 31, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Metania » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:38 pm

But what about a WA puppet not used for raiding, hiding out somewhere inconspicuous or locked? Heck, maybe even in the rejected realms.

It makes sense you wouldn't use your raiding puppets/main nations, since that would do what you say. But if you had some dummy WA-only nations which never raided or did anything, perhaps you could get your vote, and then instead of complaining about these resolutions, just vote them down and kill them.

Heck, it's not much different from raiding itself--you get a block of people, you vote out what's there and then you have a new thing. It shouldn't be too difficult to apply that to WA politics--the Defender side only has so many votes because people who don't know anything about the raider game are inspired to vote primarily based on 'Wah wah destroy the evil raiders' and of course, they just click approve mindlessly.

Edit: Ah, right, stupid me, you need to be in the WA to take over WA delegates.

Guess that's where all this uneven representation comes from...
Last edited by Metania on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Determination Overcomes Adversity
Jul

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:42 pm

I've never owned a WA puppet I didn't use for Crashing. Besides that, we change puppets with each raid, and for some of us that means nightly. It is impractical to even try to one-up the defenders in the WA, we simply do not have the numbers, do not have the public support, do not have the time, and do not have a stable WA puppet to do so with.

The KoZ
Civil Servant

Founded: May 18, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Support "Repeal Liberate Feudal Japan"

Postby The KoZ » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:44 pm

Greetings Fellow Delegates and WA Members

Currently at vote is a proposal to repeal "Liberate Feudal Japan". This is in order for us, the original occupants of this region prior to its capture via invasion, to restore peace to our small corner of NS. The liberation has been successful, as was indicated to be the majority of the WA's desire by its passage of the liberation proposal. What is required now is to restore this region's ability to protect itself.

There is some concern expressed that the WA should be expected to support limiting access to a region. However, the alternative is to support maintaining our region as a battleground between defender and invader armies, rather than allowing its return to peaceful prosperity.

Please vote in favour of this motion so we may have this peace restored.

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:34 pm

We are inclined to support this resolution as it appears to be the will of the natives. We reject the view that mere duration of occupation confers nativity, with a possible exception should all original natives be permitted to return freely. This is in accordance with our previous stance towards the region of the Pacific.

Goobergunchia votes in favor.

[Lord] Michael Evif
Goobergunchian UN Ambassador
Nasicournian Officer
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:55 pm

Right, I forgot you were part of the group of people who believe that Franco was an evil dictator who should be deposed. :p

New Maine and York
Secretary

Founded: Oct 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Maine and York » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:29 pm

I oppose this measure. For the Assembly to remove itself from the issue would give the aggressors the opportunity to strike again. We cannot give them an opportunity to password-protect the region and destroy the community.
Member of the Nuclear Arms Assembly (NAA)
Member of the Kingdom of Ireland, of the Commonwealth
Member of World Assembly

Daynor
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 25, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Daynor » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:12 pm

New Maine and York wrote:I oppose this measure. For the Assembly to remove itself from the issue would give the aggressors the opportunity to strike again. We cannot give them an opportunity to password-protect the region and destroy the community.

That's the goal. The Natives now WANT to password the region, and eject every member.

We are now using this (liberations) to do exactly what we were told the feature was meant to prevent, because the people in TITO and Equilism want to. Luckily, the WASC is free of corruption, huh?
Young Libertarian Conservative
Political Compass: (2.63,-1.44)
Delegate of the Conservative Coalition
Ambassador Franklin Tanner
ლ(゚д゚ლ)
Daynor

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives