NATION

PASSWORD

Water Supply Issue help.

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Which option should i go with?

Option 1.
45%
Option 2.
9%
Option 3.
9%
Option 4.
36%

Total votes : 11

Aglrinia
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Water Supply Issue help.

Postby Aglrinia » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:59 am

I'm having trouble with this water supply issue. Any pointers i'm going to install a poll, but please vote after you looked at the options.

"Due to the explosive population growth in Aglrinia, coupled with recent droughts, people are beginning to worry about the nation's decreasing water supply, and who should get first dibs on the vital H20.

The Debate
1. "We need this water to raise our crops," says incensed farmer Pip Shiomi. "If it wasn't for us farmers, the rest of Aglrinia would be starving. How about laying the blame where it belongs, and look to those cookie cutter suburban houses with their green lawns and pristinely washed mini-vans!"

2."It is my right to have the most beautiful lawn in the neighborhood," says neighborhood spokesman George W. Shiomi. "Our community spends a lot of effort cultivating a nice environment for our kids to grow up in. Why, if they didn't have these nice lawns to play in, they would be hanging out on street corners peddling drugs, or worse! Won't someone please think of the children?"

3."Here is a novel idea," proclaims Chastity Hamilton, spokesperson for radical environmental group Leave Nature Alone. "How about getting rid of all these dams and irrigation projects that are getting in the way of Mother Nature's plans for the water. It is time to allow the rivers to take their natural courses and leave the environment alone. I'm sure things will work out fine if we let Nature take its course."

4."Obviously, who gets how much water is only a part of the problem," notes famed population-control advocate Gregory Hamilton. "We must try to curtail the rapid growth of our population, whether by limiting the amount of children people may have, or by deporting immigrants and criminals... we must get a handle on our population before we can hope to correct this water supply problem.""
Jakker wrote:TBH is Pro-bring Life to GP

Yukorteshik
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Yukorteshik » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:08 am

obviously 3 becuz if you need more water just get rid of the dams

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:29 am

If you choose option 3, you're sure to experience water shortage. You may choose option 4, but I am not sure it will really help. So, that leaves you with choosing between option 1 and option 2. If you choose the first, you're citizens will moan about dry lawns, but you secure food production, which probably is more important? I usually choose option 1 and option 4.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Despoticania
Envoy

Founded: Aug 17, 2006
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Despoticania » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:32 am

I really like large population, even "RP-wise", so I'll always choose the option number 1. It's not that I'll have to listen (or care) about anyone whining about dry lawn or anything.
God was a dream of good government.

Despoticania factbooks

Cynthia McKinney
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Water Supply

Postby Cynthia McKinney » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:45 pm

I tried options 1 and 3 and they both weakened my economy so I don't think there are any good options. So you should just dismiss the issue.

Return to Got Issues?