NATION

PASSWORD

Sovereign Empires Coalition (Main Thread v4)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aquilinia
Senator

Founded: Feb 05, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Aquilinia » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:30 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Aquilinia wrote:
We weren't saying that big people = unfair. We were saying 3x 10bn vs 1x 500mil = unfair. Or at least I was.

You can call it unfair all you want but it is the reality. Of RL and of NS. And lets not forget that plenty of nations of the SEC has in the past attacked much smaller nations sometimes without much of a casus belli. As an example I remember once where the 700 million inhabitants of the bladian empire attacked a young frail 40 million inhabitant nation named the Transitional Legitimist Government of Pristina and the Empire. Its how NS works.

And I won't argue against that. But I still say that there are situations in which I think that some people are just overusing their abilities provided by their population size.

Automagfreek wrote:
Aquilinia wrote:
The problem is, the real world isn't all about population size. I doubt that, for example, India would go bullying the US just because they have a far greater population.

NS isn't all about population size either, I don't know why a lot of newer players have this impression, because it's false. The Soviets, a world superpower, lost to a small band of rag-tag nobodies in Afghanistan. So even if we all out invaded you it doesn't mean that you've automatically lost, unless you have no faith in your RP abilities whatsoever.

Well, there are some people who you can't win a war against, because if you throw back one million of their troops, they'll just send another million. I grant, that is bad form, but I am sure there are some.

Anyway, due to the fact that I have to go somewhere in a bit, I'm out of the discussion. Since people don't seem to quite understand what I'm trying to say anyway, I don't really see the point in trying to arguing any more anyway. I am not arguing against large nations, but against large nations teaming up against smaller ones just "because they can".

Another reason why I won't continue this argument is because I repeatedly get quintuple ninja'ing, and it's pissing me off.

Kylarnatia wrote:
Blademasters765 wrote::palm:

I'm just going to go ahead and retcon everything I did int he last few hours

You did seriously jump the gun >.>

I've been reading whats been going on in the past few pages, and I think I may be resigning too. I can't be bothered with a shitstorm like this, though I'm not afraid of fighting. I just need a lot of seasoning in my Military RP Skills and I have to be the one to be invaded, as my forces are a defensive force.

I'm not saying I'm resigning yet, but I may have too if nothing can be properly sorted out within the coming hours. IDK, we'll see :/

TBH, If even you leave the SEC, there won't be much of a coalition left in a few weeks...
Etat Liber Aquilini - Freistaat Aquilinien - Free State of Aquilinia
Libertas et Unitas - Freiheit und Einheit - Freedom and Unity

Empress: Lucille II of the House of Silvanus Aquili
Consul: Dr. Zoé Metelli

Proud member of Esvanovia
Formerly of Sondria

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:32 am

Blademasters765 wrote:
Of the Quendi wrote:It later, after narrowly defeating its opponent, renamed itself La Serenissima and recently emerged as La Imperium Populi Quendorum.

thought so but I do believe I was assisting what I believed was the rightful government....

Yes I know. The Authocratic Republican Government of Archaion I think it was. But then lets take Blue zone 1 or East Asian Nation as two examples where both our nation's like vultures butchered much smaller nations (even if it where warranted)
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

The Western Russians
Minister

Founded: Dec 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Russians » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:33 am

Aquilinia wrote:
Of the Quendi wrote:You can call it unfair all you want but it is the reality. Of RL and of NS. And lets not forget that plenty of nations of the SEC has in the past attacked much smaller nations sometimes without much of a casus belli. As an example I remember once where the 700 million inhabitants of the bladian empire attacked a young frail 40 million inhabitant nation named the Transitional Legitimist Government of Pristina and the Empire. Its how NS works.

And I won't argue against that. But I still say that there are situations in which I think that some people are just overusing their abilities provided by their population size.

Automagfreek wrote:
NS isn't all about population size either, I don't know why a lot of newer players have this impression, because it's false. The Soviets, a world superpower, lost to a small band of rag-tag nobodies in Afghanistan. So even if we all out invaded you it doesn't mean that you've automatically lost, unless you have no faith in your RP abilities whatsoever.

Well, there are some people who you can't win a war against, because if you throw back one million of their troops, they'll just send another million. I grant, that is bad form, but I am sure there are some.

Anyway, due to the fact that I have to go somewhere in a bit, I'm out of the discussion. Since people don't seem to quite understand what I'm trying to say anyway, I don't really see the point in trying to arguing any more anyway. I am not arguing against large nations, but against large nations teaming up against smaller ones just "because they can".

Another reason why I won't continue this argument is because I repeatedly get quintuple ninja'ing, and it's pissing me off.

Kylarnatia wrote:
You did seriously jump the gun >.>

I've been reading whats been going on in the past few pages, and I think I may be resigning too. I can't be bothered with a shitstorm like this, though I'm not afraid of fighting. I just need a lot of seasoning in my Military RP Skills and I have to be the one to be invaded, as my forces are a defensive force.

I'm not saying I'm resigning yet, but I may have too if nothing can be properly sorted out within the coming hours. IDK, we'll see :/

TBH, If even you leave the SEC, there won't be much of a coalition left in a few weeks...

TBH I blame the leadership. One part of the three. Take a guess.
<21:38: Abruzi> I'd like to award the Order of the People's Revolutionary Heroic Valiant Crimson Banner Party of Lenin IC trolling award to:
<21:39: Abruzi> Siberia!
<21:02: DoctorWho> Gagarin Space Center, perhaps?
<21:03: Siberia> JACK FUCKING CHURCHILL.
<21:04: Siberia> Mad Jacks' Space Escapades!
<21:04: StGeorge> I'm St George of England and I endorse this post.
<00:21: Kyrusia> - Also, I'm thinking of creating a research foundation that directs its attention toward "fringe" or so-called "non-mainstream" science.
<00:21: Siberia> - Like how many jelly babies it takes to choke a child?
<00:26: Automagfreek> - Like how far you can ram your fist into a whore's anus?

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Automagfreek » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:33 am

Of the Quendi wrote:True. A local populace bend on resistance can destroy even the mightiest of empires as Afghanistan and Vietnam are only recent examples of. But since both nations was utterly destroyed by their respective wars I think my SEC friends worry how their nations will come out of a conflict with much more powerful nations.

Nations can be rebuilt. And another thing a lot of people are forgetting, is that not all of us large nations throw millions of troops into a war, that kind of congestion is downright foolish. I personally deploy 200,000 to 500,000 depending on the conflict.

Wait? You are at war with the UNL? ... But. Thats me. Oh dear god

Yep, we're going after them.
Founded on March 24th, 2003
Proud founder and Lord of Gholgoth
Condemned by Security Council Resolution #82
Join the religion of war. Become a Vanmakti warrior today.

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:35 am

The Western Russians wrote:
Milograd wrote:Pfft....population. :/
You're gonna deal with my 400 million pounds of fury and you're gonna like it. ):>
[OoC: Seriously, if you can outsmart your enemy during war and such, and or dominate them in other key fields, you can win. The population of ones armed forces isn't the deciding factor during a conflict.]

Exactly. Get the hell off the subject of quantity, it's quality. If you can't out RP someone, you don't deserve to win. Hell, if a 17 billion population nation was a terrible RPer and went up to an excellent RPer of 5 million, the 5 million deserves to win. Hell, I'm in a war against a side number over 40 billion, so deal with it.

[OoC: Not even getting to that point, you have to take into consideration how one nation chooses to fight against another and such. A nation whom has a poorly equipped armed forces, or has a inability to gain superiority in certain aspects of war, whilst only examples, these nations will likely lose, regardless of the population and or rping skill. You gotta remember that there is a lot to take into consideration when rping war, war is not as simple as 'biggest population/best rper' wins. Thats more of what I was trying to communicate.
Retired

Aquilinia
Senator

Libertarian Police State

Postby Aquilinia » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:36 am

I won't. Because if you are blaming me but are too much of a coward to tell me, then, well, bugger off. But I guess you are referring to another director.

Automagfreek wrote:Nations can be rebuilt. And another thing a lot of people are forgetting, is that not all of us large nations throw millions of troops into a war, that kind of congestion is downright foolish. I personally deploy 200,000 to 500,000 depending on the conflict.

I do like to hear that. I have been in a war with several huge nations (luckily on their side), and in the end I was a bit shocked about the extreme numbers (we're talking multiple millions here) of troops they were throwing around.

And a little note, Milo, this entire thread is pretty much OOC unless stated otherwise, so there's no need for OOC tags ;)

Formerly of Sondria

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:37 am

To Aquilinia

I actually find that most very large nations deploy relatively small forces for their campaigns taking stuff like logistics and popular support into consideration (things largely ignored by RP'ers of our generation, to my own regret I might add) If someone send a million troops against you, loose them, and then try to send another million I would ask them OOC'ly to explain how exactly they will justify that to their public. Dictatorship or not even the biggest nation should RP growing impatience with their inhabitants if a million lives are lost.

To Freekish empire
See my above comment. And might I add that I commend you and others for setting that example.

Nah, what the hell. I am so far down the membership rooster that it will take you ages to get to me :) Anyway the only reason my government joined was (they are cynics) to have some bailout if the Sacred Lands where ever attacked.
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation RP name
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Blademasters765
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blademasters765 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:38 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Automagfreek wrote:I was waiting for someone to point that out. Of course they had a bit of help from US weapons and CIA operatives on the ground, but the point remains; size and perceived strength are simply factors in a war, they are not the end-all-be-all.

True. A local populace bend on resistance can destroy even the mightiest of empires as Afghanistan and Vietnam are only recent examples of. But since both nations was utterly destroyed by their respective wars I think my SEC friends worry how their nations will come out of a conflict with much more powerful nations.

If I have to admit it I will

I've never been the type of RPer to RP my own citizens (Not soldiers) getting killed, every thread where I have, I usually stop posting because I don't have that mind set

Though I can RP soldiers fighting and dying....Except for when I had no idea what the enemy was using, like one time Holy Marsh used Maticores against me and I didn't know that they were so awesome that they could and did wipe out the forces I had in that area....thousands of soldiers....tsk tsk
The Most Glorious Hack wrote:
Mod Centre Log wrote:# Sun Aug 7 06:08:54 2011: the_most_glorious_hack examined hot_sexy_sluts

I love my job.
Georgizm wrote:The Falklands are closest to Argentina, therefore Argentina should become part of the Falklands.

Bladian Imperium Embassy Program

-Deus-
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:39 am

Aquilinia wrote:I won't. Because if you are blaming me but are too much of a coward to tell me, then, well, bugger off. But I guess you are referring to another director.

Automagfreek wrote:Nations can be rebuilt. And another thing a lot of people are forgetting, is that not all of us large nations throw millions of troops into a war, that kind of congestion is downright foolish. I personally deploy 200,000 to 500,000 depending on the conflict.

I do like to hear that. I have been in a war with several huge nations (luckily on their side), and in the end I was a bit shocked about the extreme numbers (we're talking multiple millions here) of troops they were throwing around.

And a little note, Milo, this entire thread is pretty much OOC unless stated otherwise, so there's no need for OOC tags ;)

Nations can be rebuilt. Heh, just this nation alone of Deus has been nuked a good five times and is still standing more or less. Latnya was nuked once and completely desolated by fire and bombing. And yet, in Latnya a few survive, a few cities still stand and civilization is returning to the battered husk. Rebuilding is slow, but it comes. Rebuilding gives a good opportunities as well.

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:39 am

Aquilinia wrote:And a little note, Milo, this entire thread is pretty much OOC unless stated otherwise, so there's no need for OOC tags ;)

[OoC: I will not lower myself to acting as the apes do. I am civilized. I will not tolerate the communists any longer.
(`-')>]
Retired

New africaso Goverment
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

What's happnin

Postby New africaso Goverment » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:40 am

Umm whats going on here

Aquilinia
Senator

Libertarian Police State

Postby Aquilinia » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:41 am

Of the Quendi wrote:To Aquilinia

I actually find that most very large nations deploy relatively small forces for their campaigns taking stuff like logistics and popular support into consideration (things largely ignored by RP'ers of our generation, to my own regret I might add) If someone send a million troops against you, loose them, and then try to send another million I would ask them OOC'ly to explain how exactly they will justify that to their public. Dictatorship or not even the biggest nation should RP growing impatience with their inhabitants if a million lives are lost.

To Freekish empire
See my above comment. And might I add that I commend you and others for setting that example.

Well, I have never seen such a loss happen anyway. That war where I was involved with, it was pretty much easy pickings by me and one of the huge ones(who had deployed about 750,000, but another million on the way iirc), especially when the 1.5 million or so troops of the other huge nation arrived. But while I am sure you are right, there are not only people among our RP-generation who like to ignore these things, and there are likely to be some among the multi-billion nations as well.

@Deus: I had agreed to exactly that point, duh.

New africaso Goverment wrote:Umm whats going on here

And who the hell would you be?

Formerly of Sondria

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:42 am

We are having a party. Care to join? :)
Nation RP name

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:44 am

Aquilinia wrote:
Of the Quendi wrote:To Aquilinia

To Freekish empire

Well, I have never seen such a loss happen anyway. That war where I was involved with, it was pretty much easy pickings by me and one of the huge ones(who had deployed about 750,000, but another million on the way iirc), especially when the 1.5 million or so troops of the other huge nation arrived. But while I am sure you are right, there are not only people among our RP-generation who like to ignore these things, and there are likely to be some among the multi-billion nations as well.

@Deus: I had agreed to exactly that point, duh.

And who the hell would you be?

Ignoring such things are in my oppinion reason enough to use the ever victorious ignore canon. Its like people who think there armies can march anywhere without logistic support or people who begin their involvement in a conflict by having a force ready and present in the main theater.
Nation RP name

Aquilinia
Senator

Libertarian Police State

Postby Aquilinia » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:45 am

Of the Quendi wrote:Ignoring such things are in my oppinion reason enough to use the ever victorious ignore canon. Its like people who think there armies can march anywhere without logistic support or people who begin their involvement in a conflict by having a force ready and present in the main theater.

My point exactly. I admit, I don't go into extreme detail with logistics myself, but my troops at least take a while to get to places. Everything else makes no sense.

Formerly of Sondria

The Matthew Islands
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Matthew Islands » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:47 am

ImageImage

As head of the government of The Matthew Islands I am extremely alarmed at some of the events that have been happening in the S.E.C recently. I am slightly unnerved by diplomatic moves and what we in our nation see as rather inflammatory language being used by both sides.

We fully understand that tensions are running high on what is sure to amount to an exponential conflict and we understand that we are eager to see our nations through this difficult time. However, we, or rather I, will not stand idly by while our nation is potentially thrown into a conflict which will cost us the blood of our nations sons and daughters.

We wish it to go on record that The Matthew Islands does not want any part of this war. While we will dutifully follow our commitments to the S.E.C we do not wish for our support to be abused.

Signed,

King Gilligan VII.

(OOC: I don't want to get involved not because I will lose but because I am not able to meet the quality expected in these mass RP's. I am not leaving BTW.)
Souseiseki wrote:as a posting career in the UK Poltics Thread becomes longer, the probability of literally becoming souseiseki approaches 1

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:48 am

Aquilinia wrote:
Of the Quendi wrote:Ignoring such things are in my oppinion reason enough to use the ever victorious ignore canon. Its like people who think there armies can march anywhere without logistic support or people who begin their involvement in a conflict by having a force ready and present in the main theater.

My point exactly. I admit, I don't go into extreme detail with logistics myself, but my troops at least take a while to get to places. Everything else makes no sense.

I didn't say anything about going into details. As long as you state that you bring logistic support with you I personally don't expect more. Of course if anyone ever invades the Sacred Lands logistics would mean alot as I would probarbly target those parts of the invading force rather then the battle ready troops. But other then that I don't think one need to make long posts about how many vehicles loaded with food and ammo you brings. Thats just boring.
Nation RP name

Aquilinia
Senator

Libertarian Police State

Postby Aquilinia » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:49 am

The Matthew Islands wrote:(Image)(Image)

As head of the government of The Matthew Islands I am extremely alarmed at some of the events that have been happening in the S.E.C recently. I am slightly unnerved by diplomatic moves and what we in our nation see as rather inflammatory language being used by both sides.

We fully understand that tensions are running high on what is sure to amount to an exponential conflict and we understand that we are eager to see our nations through this difficult time. However, we, or rather I, will not stand idly by while our nation is potentially thrown into a conflict which will cost us the blood of our nations sons and daughters.

We wish it to go on record that The Matthew Islands does not want any part of this war. While we will dutifully follow our commitments to the S.E.C we do not wish for our support to be abused.

Signed,

King Gilligan VII.

(OOC: I don't want to get involved not because I will lose but because I am not able to meet the quality expected in these mass RP's. I am not leaving BTW.)

You are two hours late. The SEC as a whole is staying out of the matter ;)

Oh, and for something completely different: Kylarnatia, will you finally move that conference RP on or what? ;)

And Nick (Quendi): Exactly.

EDIT: Anyway, I would love to talk for a bit longer, but I've got band practice. Be back in two hours.
Last edited by Aquilinia on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Formerly of Sondria

Blademasters765
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Blademasters765 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:52 am

I fear this is my resignation from the Sovereign Empires Coalition on behalf of Bladia

The Sovereign Empires Coalition has changed alot since we first formed and now as the technical founding nation, I must say good bye

In the last couple of months my ability to lead such an alliance has taken massive setbacks and now I know I can no longer lead such an alliance, I'm sorry for the lack of leadership I have displayed over the months and have decided to step down from the position of director and revert myself to Observer, As I feel myself not great enough to be equal among those great nations of the SEC, like Castleclose....the Irish lad everyone loves (So what one example :P)

I shall now take my leave of the position of Director and shall maintain the thread and the forums until such time that the thread becomes too many pages....I shall the leave it to Dewhurst Narculis to recreate then thread v5

Goodbye for now

Signed
Reece Connor
The Lad behind Bladia

Mod Centre Log wrote:# Sun Aug 7 06:08:54 2011: the_most_glorious_hack examined hot_sexy_sluts

I love my job.
Georgizm wrote:The Falklands are closest to Argentina, therefore Argentina should become part of the Falklands.

The Matthew Islands
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Matthew Islands » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:54 am

Aquilinia wrote:You are two hours late. The SEC as a whole is staying out of the matter ;)

Well, either way, that is probably the most professional looking post I have ever made.
Souseiseki wrote:as a posting career in the UK Poltics Thread becomes longer, the probability of literally becoming souseiseki approaches 1

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:56 am

While I have had my many disagreement with this alliance and its leadership (culminating in my own resignation) I would like to say, with the danger of sounding like a sentimental fool giving a eulogy that you have been the spirit of the SEC Reece. I honestly doubt the alliance can, or even that its members will, let it continue without you as director. I however understand your reasons for resigning and commend you for trying to rescue the alliance regardless of my beliefs of the outcome of this attempt. Best of luck in all future endaveours.
Nation RP name

Blademasters765
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Blademasters765 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 am

Of the Quendi wrote:While I have had my many disagreement with this alliance and its leadership (culminating in my own resignation) I would like to say, with the danger of sounding like a sentimental fool giving a eulogy that you have been the spirit of the SEC Reece. I honestly doubt the alliance can, or even that its members will, let it continue without you as director. I however understand your reasons for resigning and commend you for trying to rescue the alliance regardless of my beliefs of the outcome of this attempt. Best of luck in all future endaveours.

Thank you

One question still lingers....where do I go from here?

I love my job.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:00 am

Blademasters765 wrote:
Of the Quendi wrote:While I have had my many disagreement with this alliance and its leadership (culminating in my own resignation) I would like to say, with the danger of sounding like a sentimental fool giving a eulogy that you have been the spirit of the SEC Reece. I honestly doubt the alliance can, or even that its members will, let it continue without you as director. I however understand your reasons for resigning and commend you for trying to rescue the alliance regardless of my beliefs of the outcome of this attempt. Best of luck in all future endaveours.

Thank you

Well if you are looking for a new alliance I am sure you will be welcomed in the Imperial Commonwealth even if I personally ahve to lobby among that inefficient group of Quendi hating Council members that make up the legislative assembly (which luckily I wouldn't have to as Izzy makes the judgement)

Alternatively I have spend most of my time in NS more or less non alligned in regards to alliances. It worked fine for me.
Nation RP name

Blademasters765
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Blademasters765 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:02 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Blademasters765 wrote:Thank you

Well if you are looking for a new alliance I am sure you will be welcomed in the Imperial Commonwealth even if I personally ahve to lobby among that inefficient group of Quendi hating Council members that make up the legislative assembly (which luckily I wouldn't have to as Izzy makes the judgement)

Alternatively I have spend most of my time in NS more or less non alligned in regards to alliances. It worked fine for me.

We shall see....

Oh and did I cause everyone else to stop posting?

I love my job.

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:04 am

Perhaps now is the time to disbanded the SEC. It's really been a blast and all, but without two of the three founders and the other inactive (not a criticism), can we continue at all?

The SEC is not the be all and end all of NS RP, and it may be time to move on from it. I say this as one of the very first members and someone with a great fondness for the SEC, and its members, it being the second alliance I ever joined. I consider all of you friends both icly and Oocly, but it may be time to end it.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents