NATION

PASSWORD

2011 International Incidents RPers' Region Showdown! [Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

2011 International Incidents RPers' Region Showdown! [Open]

Postby Jenrak » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:48 am

Congratulations to our winners in Tyrrhenia, and I hope to see you bring a strong game next year!

Welcome to the first 2011 RPers' Region for the Favourite RPers' Regional Competition, which will showcase and round down a group of RPing Regions through votership based on no actual major criteria save for preference. Of course, in understanding that, I have regardless of that fact decided to create the first of the International Incidents RPers' Region Region showdown, which will break down and pit the names of RPing Regions or regions consisting of RPers as its base to compete and vote on their favourites.

Considering the general variety, I have chosen 'Favourite' rather than 'Best' because it fosters some semblance of elitism in the word anyhow. Even though 'Favourite' may be contestable at certain points, I am assuming people of their own region would vote for their region anyhow.

So how is this done?

It'll be in single-elimination tournament bracket style, with a Left and Right division, leading down to a final pit to crown a region as International Incidents' Favourite RPing Region.

You know this may not be an accurate indicator of the sentiment, right?

It's mainly for fun, nothing too serious. Plus to pump some pride (hopefully) of individual RPers into their own regions.

Who may join?

Anyone who fits the criteria of an II or Nationstates-esque RPing Region, and considering the vagueness of that title, I will be the one who will have the final say as to whether they're in or not. Considering that I will be fairly flexible in what is or isn't an RPing region, please keep in mind that there isn't usually a problem unless you're being stupidly anti-RP and trying to join. If I'm steadfast in my opinion (I'll tell you by saying 'I'm steadfast in that 'no' '), then there's no point arguing.

How will the voting happen?

I'll host threads that'll be linked by this Nexus thread from voting threads in FN&I where the voting will occur. It'll generally go on for about 2 days and then taken off. Considering that I do have work and various other commitments, I will try to give an accurate timeframe of when I'll end a thread at the beginning to minimise accusations of lawlcarruption.

Voting threads will be linked in the main thread here.

Can I nominate or forward a region?

By all means.
Last edited by Jenrak on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:50 am

List of Regions Entered

• The Milky Way Galaxy
  • Tyrrhenia
  • Gholgoth
  • Haven
  • Greater Dienstad
  • Judea
  • Guanxi
  • Azhukali
  • Nova
  • Morningstar Coalition
  • Grand Alliance
  • Tarquinia
  • Rostil

* The founders or delegates: If you wish your region would not like to be entered, please let me know via telegram.
Last edited by Jenrak on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:54 am, edited 12 times in total.

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:32 pm

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=102296

First match, Gholgoth versus Guanxi, is up. Please keep it civilized, and no puppets, please.

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:49 pm

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=102604

Second Match, Greater Dienstad vs Haven, is up.

Yannia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yannia » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Why is this being spammed in F&NI? Why not here in II, or F7, where it belongs?
Yannia's nation page contains an error. The population should be in millions, not in billions.

Sailsia
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sailsia » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Yannia wrote:Why is this being spammed in F&NI? Why not here in II, or F7, where it belongs?

For one thing, I think a moderator knows what spam is, and wouldn't do so. And it has nothing to do with F7, so why on Earth would it be there?
RIP RON PAUL
Author of the U.S. Constitution
July 4, 1776 - September 11, 2001

Yannia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yannia » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Sailsia wrote:
Yannia wrote:Why is this being spammed in F&NI? Why not here in II, or F7, where it belongs?

For one thing, I think a moderator knows what spam is, and wouldn't do so. And it has nothing to do with F7, so why on Earth would it be there?

Mods are not error free. It may have nothing to do with F7 (though i don't agree; this sort of games is what F7 is for), it has even less to do with F&NI.
Yannia's nation page contains an error. The population should be in millions, not in billions.

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Automagfreek » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:41 pm

That's alright, Gholgoth cares not for popularity contests. We care more about taking your lands and daughters.
Founded on March 24th, 2003
Proud founder and Lord of Gholgoth
Condemned by Security Council Resolution #82
Join the religion of war. Become a Vanmakti warrior today.

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:47 am

I placed it primarily in FN&I since FN&I is largely more of an inbetween and more OOCly informal 'catch' forum than anything else, and that many of its members blend with II or are greatly familiar with II anyhow. There's actually no RPing within the threads, which is why I kept it out of II.

Match 3 is up.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=102819
Last edited by Jenrak on Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:09 pm

This looks... interesting. Time to fly the patriotic colours.

Is there any way of checking for puppets in case people start getting ideas?

Tergnitz
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:48 pm

IP tracing...but that might be going a bit far.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:02 am

Tergnitz wrote:IP tracing...but that might be going a bit far.

Exactly.

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:07 am

Its pretty much just for fun, I doubt anyone is going to go out of there way just to win the competition. I honestly could only see my region doing this... *shudders*
Retired

Tergnitz
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:08 am

Hmm, maybe it is the cynic in me but I see a lot of regions doing this, especially as we reach the higher brackets.

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:12 am

Tergnitz wrote:Hmm, maybe it is the cynic in me but I see a lot of regions doing this, especially as we reach the higher brackets.

I can't really imagine Tarquinia puppet wanking votes to be honest, nor can I see Azhukali or Dienstaad doing it.

Guanxi though...I make no promises...thats something that we would probably do unfortunately. I'm not a fan of it, but my lultyranny only goes to a certain point.

I guess the only way to really do this is to assume that we are all mature enough not to cheat in this...because most of us are.
Last edited by Milograd on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Retired

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:15 am

Yeah, definitely. Dienstad would never do that.

*hastily logs out of two-hundred and fifty-five WA puppets*

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:33 am

I'm pretty much working on the honour system in regards to preventing puppets. It's not a massively important competition anyhow, just something for fun.

Third Spanish States
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Spanish States » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:58 am

No offense intended, but IMO this thread only exists because Azhukali will inevitably win, with 117 nations there.

And I fully agree with the opinion Praetonia posted elsewhere.

Let's leave at that.
PMT Factbook.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, Binaria, Varejao, Hogsweat, Franberry, ChevyRocks, Izistan, Ulanpataar, North-Point, The Mindset, Vault 10, Rosbaningrad, Sharfghotten, Tyrandis, South Sharfgotten, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania.
Izistan wrote:Third Spanish States is a well known far-right activist so his attempts at humor can only be expected.

Umbagar wrote:%*$#! I put a crack in my screen thanks to the awesome "place fist here" sign. >:(

Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Saxon Germany wrote:[...]you're practically a professional troll, TSS.[...]

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Third Spanish States wrote:No offense intended, but IMO this thread only exists because Azhukali will inevitably win, with 117 nations there.

Let's leave at that.

You make a fair point. But who cares? If they win, people will know why. If they lose, it'll be a surprise. Either way, it doesn't change anything.

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Third Spanish States wrote:No offense intended, but IMO this thread only exists because Azhukali will inevitably win, with 117 nations there.

Let's leave at that.

That's actually questionable. Numbers are hardly indicative when a good number of Azhu's membership is all over the place.

Belkaland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Belkaland » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:16 pm

Has this died?
The Grand Empire of Belkaland
Ruler: Großkaiserin Katharina von Bora

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:20 pm

Belkaland wrote:Has this died?

Nope.
Retired

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:45 pm

Belkaland wrote:Has this died?

Nope, I've been running into random things and been getting a bunch of RPs done before proceeding. I should have the Rostil vs. Tyrrhenia match up by tommorrow morning. Sorry for the delay.

That said, Rostil vs Tyrrhenia is up!

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=103357
Last edited by Jenrak on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Willman
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Willman » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:17 pm

Ugh not enough time to mobilize the base, was expecting an early evening post like all the others.

Ooooookay, guess that was plenty of time to mobilize the base!
Last edited by Willman on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supreme Overlord of the Rostil Region

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:45 am

Match 5, Nova vs Azhukali, is up:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=103537

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents