NATION

PASSWORD

Q&A The Military Dictatorship of Ainocra

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Ainocra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Q&A The Military Dictatorship of Ainocra

Postby Ainocra » Tue May 04, 2010 4:24 pm

1. Geography
Ainocra Prime is a large class M planet with all terrestrial vegetation and wildlife types. It is the fourth planet of 12 orbiting a medium sized yellow dwarf star near the very edge of it’s galaxy. There are only a few other inhabited star systems nearby as the region (Dark Skyes) is considered a stellar backwater. There are several colonies and mining outposts scattered throughout the Ainocran solar system as well as military listening posts scattered widely throughout the surrounding empty star systems.

2. Economy
Ainocra is a free market economy anchored around its massive arms manufacturing sector. The Ainocran military is the largest customer however our weapons are traded across the universe. We will sell them to anyone who has the money. It’s current gross domestic product is somewhere in the neighborhood of 31 trillion galcreds annually. The current GDP per capita of Ainocra is 23,975.25 galcreds. Thanks to the progressive social policies in Ainocra the poverty rate is currently only 4.3%. Economic factors could always cause this to fluctuate but at the moment it seems to be holding steady. The unemployment rate of Ainocra is difficult to calculate since nearly everyone is on the government payroll but it is believed to be near the 6% mark though this figure cannot be confirmed. The Income tax rate is currently extremely high passing 70% but the government in an effort to spur economic growth has been steadily lowering it and plans to continue to do so until it is a more manageable figure. The labor force consists of roughly 750 million working adults. The industrial sector is huge as all types of weapons and military equipment and manufactured both for local use and for resale to other nations. The mining industry had made great strides in low gravity and zero gravity mining and as such provide most of the raw materials for the rest of the system. Computer equipment and small spacecraft are also manufactured for resale though the larger capital ships are not for sale on the open market. The nuclear industry is especially powerful on the planet providing 72% of the power for the people. The rest of the nation’s power needs are provided by hydroelectric power and solar power. Fossil fuels of all types are abundant on Ainocra prime as well as several other planets in the Ainocran system and are consequently exported all over the universe. The agricultural sector thanks to advances in genetic engineering is robust and sustainable. While Ainocra is not known for it’s crop exports they do export a small amount. Most excess food however is kept in reserve by the government. Ainocra currently does not offer economic aid to other nations, but is not opposed to the idea. The currency is the Galcred and it comes in electronic format. Paper currency is not used and all personal accounts are stored on a credchip that the owner carries with them. Ainocra currently enjoys a trade surplus. While there is a market for imports the majority of the goods and services available are locally produced. There are no trade restrictions, anyone wishing to do business on Ainocra must pay the same tax rate regardless of where they are from.

3. History
Ainocra was originally a colony world of the long lost Arconian Empire. Due to it’s backwater status it survived the imperial collapse relatively intact. However it was not exactly a technology center and had to struggle for several generations to become self sufficient. In recent years there have been a spate of separatist movements on the southern continent and even one full fledged civil war. The current Ambassador to the WA, Admiral Alcon Enta is a decorated hero of this conflict.

4. Military
The Ainocran military is all pervasive in society. Every man, woman and child is legally a part of it due to the mandatory conscription laws. Children are educated at military academies until they reach 18 years of age then are required by law to enlist for a minimum term of two years. Should they have good enough grades they can be accepted to officers school but that requires a four year commitment once they have graduated. Once their service is complete they may reenlist or muster out to the private sector. All able bodied individuals are a part of the Ainocran reserve force.
Ownership of firearms is mandatory for this reason. This is largely seen as a formality by the population as the reserves have never been called up at any time in the history of the world.
The Military is divided into the following branches
Civil Defense Corp
This is the mainstay of the Ainocran army comprising all police and emergency units throughout society.
Marines
These hard chargers are the front line troops, first in and last out.
Air Force
This branch is tasked with the defense of the skies of Ainocra.
Planetary Navy
The men and women of the planetary navy are responsible for patrolling the seas of the home world and keeping it safe.
Space Navy
Responsible for the defense of the system and the planet as a whole.
Approximately ten percent of the population is currently on active duty in the various military branches. almost 60% of the economy is dedicated to the military industrial complex.

5. Government and Political Structure
The Sovereign Star System of Ainocra is a military dictatorship ruled by the Supreme Marshal of the armed forces. He is assisted by a general staff and four other Marshals each commanding a branch of the military. The current Supreme also doubles as the Space Marshal as that was his title before he became the Supreme. The capitol city of Fustercluck is on the northern continent of Ainocra prime. It is also the system’s busiest spaceport. Personal liberty is cherished in Ainocra, the right to say and believe what you wish is sacrosanct. It has always been the stance of the high command that the people have done their duty and earned their rights.

6. People and Population
The current population is 1.3 billion. Roughly 25% are elderly and 20% are minors. The average life expectancy is 120 years and the literacy rate is 96%. There are no major religions in the Nation though anyone is welcome to worship as they please.

7. Communications
The nation is rife with advanced communications equipment. everyone is issued a portable com unit and net access card. Every building is required by law to be equipped with data access for all types of known media.
Last edited by Ainocra on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alcon Enta
Supreme Marshal of Ainocra

"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny

Ainocra
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Ainocran Military Structure and Ranks

Postby Ainocra » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:50 am

All members of the Ainocran military and there reserve forces have a single rank structure for enlisted, and for officers. There is no difference in titles until the Flag ranks are reached.

Here is a quick breakdown of the available ranks.

Enlisted Ranks

E-1: Private
E-2: Corporal
E-3: Sargent
E-4: Staff Sargent
E-5: Technical Sargent
E-6: Master Sargent
E-7: Gunnery Sargent
E-8: Sargent Major
E-9: Command Sargent Major

Warrant Officer
W-1: Warrant officer second class
W-2: Warrant officer first class
W-3: Chief Warrant officer

Commissioned Officers
O-1: Second Lieutenant
O-2: First Lieutenant
O-3: Lieutenant Commander
O-4: Captain
O-5: Major
O-6: Colonel

Flag Officers have different titles depending on the branch of service they are in. The Civil defense corp, The Marines, and the air force share the following titles

Flag Officers
F-1: Brigadier General
F-2: Major General
F-3: Lieutenant General
F-4: General
F-5: Field Marshal for the CDC and Marines. Sky Marshal for the Air force.

The Planetary navy and the Space navy share the following titles.

F-1: Commodore
F-2: Vice Admiral
F-3: Rear Admiral
F-4: Admiral
F-5: Sea Marshal for the planetary nave and Fleet Marshal for the Space navy.

F-6: Supreme Marshal of Ainocra
Last edited by Ainocra on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alcon Enta

"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny

Ainocra
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Ainocran Technology

Postby Ainocra » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:50 am

[reserved coming soon]
Alcon Enta

Ainocra
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Figures of note

Postby Ainocra » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:51 am

Supreme Marshal : Alexander Emerson

Field Marshal of the Army : David Elliot Allen Draught
Chief of Army Operations: General Kristopher Sharp

Field Marshal of the Marines: Alexandra Fiona Kulhain
Chief of Marine Operations: General Maximillion Golden

Sea Marshal: John Francis Caine
Chief of Naval Operations: Admiral Eric Gerard

Sky Marshal: Jayson Randolph Xaiver
Chief of Air Force Operations: General Naoimi Sterling

Fleet Marshal: Alcon Enta
Chief of Fleet Operations: None

Chief Ambassador: Marshal Alcon Enta

More information forthcoming soon
Last edited by Ainocra on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Alcon Enta

Return to Factbooks and National Information