NATION

PASSWORD

The Civilization Thread: Armageddon!

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

What victory do you like most? (Civ 6)

Science
2
50%
Culture
1
25%
Domination
0
No votes
Religion
1
25%
Diplomatic
0
No votes
Score
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 4

User avatar
Statesburg
Senator
 
Posts: 4455
Founded: May 11, 2023
Civil Rights Lovefest

The Civilization Thread: Armageddon!

Postby Statesburg » Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:35 pm

Hello, nuke enthusiasts! This thread is dedicated to Sid Meier's Civilization, in all its iterations. Feel free to tell the forums about your games, share opinions on the series, or just vent about how much you hate Montezuma. I primarily play Civ 6, but I own 5 and 7 too. With that, let the Civ begin.
Last edited by Statesburg on Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Statesburg™ (he/they): Disagreement ≠ Defamation. No true Scotsman uses logical fallacies. Some Statesburger vibes for your listening pleasure.
Technically Voškija, but bureaucrats won’t change it. TGs are open. No longer eating bassoons. Statesberg is where my old lore is. PST will rise.
Legacy Bassoons™ Eaten Counter: 19923.5 + π + cos(tan(e)) + 13i/300
NS stats' vibes are canon, not the numbers.
I’m an AuDHD basket case from the glorious bioregion of Cascadia. I support Cascadian secession/unity. Statesburg usually represents my views. The one true Washington is the state.

The Kauvograd Watchman: The Union celebrates its entry into the Commonwealth of States // Kauvograd holds festival celebrating potatoes // Germanium deposits found outside of Šavligrad in Volkania Prefecture // We're rolling!

User avatar
Kasdados
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6878
Founded: Jun 02, 2024
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Kasdados » Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:37 pm

When it comes to Civ 6, my go-to is always Hammurabi. Using planes against spearmen makes me feel alive.
Aussie Patriot. Proud grandson of Greeks - prouder Son of Our Lord And Saviour. Passionate lover of creative writing, the bridge betwixt the realms beyond our own and the comprehension of our minds. Aspergers is its name, awesome is its game. Suave gentleman, debonair intellectual, kind soul. Lover of history, of politics, of civilisation. Devotee of Tolkien, of Frank Herbert, of George R. R Martin - the forgers of worlds. Supporter of Thomas Aquinas, of Aristotle, of Marcus Aurelius. Opponent of blasphemers, of uncreatives, and impolites.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law" — Galatians 5:22-23.

User avatar
Statesburg
Senator
 
Posts: 4455
Founded: May 11, 2023
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Statesburg » Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:01 pm

Today is Gandhi’s birthday. Drop some nukes in celebration.
Statesburg™ (he/they): Disagreement ≠ Defamation. No true Scotsman uses logical fallacies. Some Statesburger vibes for your listening pleasure.
Technically Voškija, but bureaucrats won’t change it. TGs are open. No longer eating bassoons. Statesberg is where my old lore is. PST will rise.
Legacy Bassoons™ Eaten Counter: 19923.5 + π + cos(tan(e)) + 13i/300
NS stats' vibes are canon, not the numbers.
I’m an AuDHD basket case from the glorious bioregion of Cascadia. I support Cascadian secession/unity. Statesburg usually represents my views. The one true Washington is the state.

The Kauvograd Watchman: The Union celebrates its entry into the Commonwealth of States // Kauvograd holds festival celebrating potatoes // Germanium deposits found outside of Šavligrad in Volkania Prefecture // We're rolling!

User avatar
Chan Island
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8396
Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Autocracy

Postby Chan Island » Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:05 pm

I have in my time played a truly frightening amount of Civ 5. Great game, but I want to live :?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

User avatar
Statesburg
Senator
 
Posts: 4455
Founded: May 11, 2023
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Statesburg » Tue Oct 06, 2026 5:44 pm

Anyone got mod recommendations? I personally love Bear's Governor Overhaul in Civ 6.
Statesburg™ (he/they): Disagreement ≠ Defamation. No true Scotsman uses logical fallacies. Some Statesburger vibes for your listening pleasure.
Technically Voškija, but bureaucrats won’t change it. TGs are open. No longer eating bassoons. Statesberg is where my old lore is. PST will rise.
Legacy Bassoons™ Eaten Counter: 19923.5 + π + cos(tan(e)) + 13i/300
NS stats' vibes are canon, not the numbers.
I’m an AuDHD basket case from the glorious bioregion of Cascadia. I support Cascadian secession/unity. Statesburg usually represents my views. The one true Washington is the state.

The Kauvograd Watchman: The Union celebrates its entry into the Commonwealth of States // Kauvograd holds festival celebrating potatoes // Germanium deposits found outside of Šavligrad in Volkania Prefecture // We're rolling!

User avatar
Lusitanic
Minister
 
Posts: 3198
Founded: Jan 27, 2025
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lusitanic » Wed Oct 07, 2026 9:45 am

I’m doing a civ 6 Portugal run rn, I feel like Portugal is a less powerful, maritime version of Mali.
What is you guys favorite nations?
I like maya and Korea if I’m playing for science and Japan and Rome are good overall picks imo.
I prayed "God, make my enemies ridiculous"... and He sent me to General on the NationStates forums.
Economic Left/Right: 0.5 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5
https://8values.github.io/results.html? ... 6.7&s=75.6
My right values says individualist anarchist but I’m not an anarchist.


Return to Arts & Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads