NATION

PASSWORD

What do you think the origin of AN's name is?

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.
User avatar
Empth
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 140
Founded: Mar 12, 2026
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

What do you think the origin of AN's name is?

Postby Empth » Fri Sep 25, 2026 11:06 am

It's exactly what it sounds like, list what you think the origins of AN's name is.
Feel free to say something utterly ridiculous and insane, we aren't serious here!
I think, therefore I am
the great nation of- what am i called again?
oh no
What is Empth? Why is Empth?

User avatar
I am a Toaster
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Sep 24, 2026
Capitalist Paradise

Postby I am a Toaster » Fri Sep 25, 2026 11:11 am

It looks like empath, but I'm not sure if that's it, maybe they keysmashed until they got this :>
Your friendly local toaster :>
Always looking for new types of bread

User avatar
Geraluden
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 164
Founded: Aug 20, 2026
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Geraluden » Fri Sep 25, 2026 11:15 am

This may be going out on a limb, but I think they might be some form of bread-cooking machinery.
Been spendin' most our lives livin' in a Scandinavian Liberal Paradise
Here's my political compass if you care: https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2?ec=-2.63&soc=-4.56
State-Controlled Media Policy is not canon
oh and by the way my country is pronounced like the word "paladin" but instead of "p" you say "jir" like "giraffe"
It's Lake Ontario, the Gulf of Mexico, and Denali, among many other things. Fight me.

User avatar
Empth
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 140
Founded: Mar 12, 2026
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Empth » Fri Sep 25, 2026 11:24 am

AN's job involves geriatrics (gera-) and they really like to play (-luden), hence the name Geraluden.
Unfortunately, Geraluden was fired for gambling on the lives of the elderly, and is now unemployed, running a back alley casino where they get people to bet on NationStates.
I think, therefore I am
the great nation of- what am i called again?
oh no
What is Empth? Why is Empth?

User avatar
Karazicu
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 198
Founded: Feb 08, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Karazicu » Fri Sep 25, 2026 11:43 am

I figure it's realted to a shortening of "empath." Or maybe just putting it in a way to sound a bit like a number?
Last edited by Karazicu on Fri Sep 25, 2026 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE KYRASIAN TRANSITIONAL REPUBLIC - Κυρασιανή Μεταβατική Δημοκρατία
15.03.1993

"Εργατη, Αγροτη, Στρατιωτη."
14:26:12

Flag: Athens Polytechnic Uprising
Summary: An island in the Ionian Sea, famed for its culture; a mix of Greek and Slavic influences. Yet it is marred by severe civil unrest which a new military-police junta seeks to eliminate - before the world takes note.
Random Fact: The ADE 651 was a detector purported to be able to track drugs and explosives at great length, sold to various governments and especially Iraq. It had no electronics and worked through the ideomotor effect, whereby it... didn't.

Gas, gas, GAS! I'm gonna step on the gas!
Tonight, I'll fly!

User avatar
Statesburg
Senator
 
Posts: 4448
Founded: May 11, 2023
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Statesburg » Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:16 pm

It feels like it was named after some Serbian war criminal whose name I can't think of.
Statesburg™ (he/they): Disagreement ≠ Defamation. No true Scotsman uses logical fallacies. Some Statesburger vibes for your listening pleasure.
Technically Voškija, but bureaucrats won’t change it. TGs are open. No longer eating bassoons. Statesberg is where my old lore is. PST will rise.
Legacy Bassoons™ Eaten Counter: 19923.5 + π + cos(tan(e)) + 13i/300
NS stats' vibes are canon, not the numbers.
I’m an AuDHD basket case from the glorious bioregion of Cascadia. I support Cascadian secession/unity. Statesburg usually represents my views. The one true Washington is the state.

The Kauvograd Watchman: The Union celebrates its entry into the Commonwealth of States // Kauvograd holds festival celebrating potatoes // Germanium deposits found outside of Šavligrad in Volkania Prefecture // We're rolling!

User avatar
G-Bass
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Sep 27, 2026
Moralistic Democracy

Postby G-Bass » Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:18 pm

they wanted to name their country but it sounded like a city

prob misspelled stateberg or something like that.

B.N, this should be really obvious
yeah, I'm someones alt.
I bet you can't totally guess who I am.
If you actually can't my main is usually on TET and the Forums, and is also has G and B in the name.
In fact, my name is a shortened version of it.
telegram me if you figure it out.

User avatar
Barks Nivvlla
Envoy
 
Posts: 270
Founded: Sep 25, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Barks Nivvlla » Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:19 pm

G-man from half life and bass the type of fish?
C>//: Something will goe here, pls standby


Waffles anyone?

User avatar
Statesburg
Senator
 
Posts: 4448
Founded: May 11, 2023
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Statesburg » Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:20 pm

G-Bass wrote:they wanted to name their country but it sounded like a city

prob misspelled stateberg or something like that.

B.N, this should be really obvious

Actually, it wasn't supposed to be a city or a typo. Though Stateburg, South Carolina does exist.
/skipme
Statesburg™ (he/they): Disagreement ≠ Defamation. No true Scotsman uses logical fallacies. Some Statesburger vibes for your listening pleasure.
Technically Voškija, but bureaucrats won’t change it. TGs are open. No longer eating bassoons. Statesberg is where my old lore is. PST will rise.
Legacy Bassoons™ Eaten Counter: 19923.5 + π + cos(tan(e)) + 13i/300
NS stats' vibes are canon, not the numbers.
I’m an AuDHD basket case from the glorious bioregion of Cascadia. I support Cascadian secession/unity. Statesburg usually represents my views. The one true Washington is the state.

The Kauvograd Watchman: The Union celebrates its entry into the Commonwealth of States // Kauvograd holds festival celebrating potatoes // Germanium deposits found outside of Šavligrad in Volkania Prefecture // We're rolling!

User avatar
Ethensia
Envoy
 
Posts: 246
Founded: Aug 23, 2022
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ethensia » Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:22 pm

maybe some fans of nirvana were barking in a place called nivvlla, which they thought sounded similar to nirvana so they started barking for the band to come?
The United Federal Commonwealth of Ethensia
Ethensia, officially the United Federal Commonwealth of Ethensia, is an island country situated in the Northern Vowesi region in Coyphus. It has a population of around 37.4 million people, and consists of 7 self-governing states: Jandura, Abutakia, Buroda, Viola, Maybel, Tunouth, and Northern Ethensia. Carlton Capitol is the country's capital (in the Carlton Capitol District).

|| Singapore born Filipino-Australian || Born on the 25th of August || AUADHD || he/him ||
- ★--_
Sowerval wrote:Most of your posts are mindless slop. I respect the grind.

⬆️ did they really delete that quote? nooooooo!!!!!
it is NOT that deep bro
potato gun
Most NS stats are not canon
Dre Kpahud Fūrãvò Manāka ko Ethensiani
Overview || Map || Flag || National Anthem

User avatar
Statesburg
Senator
 
Posts: 4448
Founded: May 11, 2023
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Statesburg » Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:03 am

Apologies for the doublepost. I think Ethensia could’ve been named by Ethernet enthusiasts who just wanted to make it sound like a country.

BU: You can use Statesburg and/or Voškija.
Last edited by Statesburg on Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Statesburg™ (he/they): Disagreement ≠ Defamation. No true Scotsman uses logical fallacies. Some Statesburger vibes for your listening pleasure.
Technically Voškija, but bureaucrats won’t change it. TGs are open. No longer eating bassoons. Statesberg is where my old lore is. PST will rise.
Legacy Bassoons™ Eaten Counter: 19923.5 + π + cos(tan(e)) + 13i/300
NS stats' vibes are canon, not the numbers.
I’m an AuDHD basket case from the glorious bioregion of Cascadia. I support Cascadian secession/unity. Statesburg usually represents my views. The one true Washington is the state.

The Kauvograd Watchman: The Union celebrates its entry into the Commonwealth of States // Kauvograd holds festival celebrating potatoes // Germanium deposits found outside of Šavligrad in Volkania Prefecture // We're rolling!

User avatar
Yunogaku
Secretary
 
Posts: 33
Founded: Aug 02, 2025
New York Times Democracy

Postby Yunogaku » Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:08 pm

I assume they are making a alt for their main nation, but once the main nation cted they do a few posts in the alt account. Though for some reason AU decide to go along with the flow and stuck with the alt account, hence their name is Statesburg
THE MANDATE OF HEAVEN
Cyberpunk Dystopia
Yunogaku | Nyrelia
NS STATS ARE NOT CANON | READ THE FACTBOOKS
NO AI USED

User avatar
Gayk
Civilian
 
Posts: 0
Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Gayk » Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:21 pm

Seems like a perfectly well-versed speaker of Japanese creating a feminine name.

User avatar
Welves
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 476
Founded: Aug 20, 2026
Father Knows Best State

Postby Welves » Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:24 pm

They wanted to be named "Gay", but it was already taken so they simply added the "k".
Last edited by Google on Tue Feb 31st, 1909 4:61 am, edited 7 times in total.
Princitum
vod Welves
NS stats are not canon, as they were drowned in the Strategic Chocolate Reserve
Stole the "last edited by" idea from someone else
Proud resident of The Western Isles
Yeah not both Soviet Welves and British Welves exist...at least the US City of Welves doesn't.
◉This user is a member of the◉
◉Orb Party◉

If I had a dollar, I'd have a dollar.
You're a cool person.

User avatar
Allhome
Civilian
 
Posts: 0
Founded: Jul 09, 2026
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Allhome » Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:25 pm

Sounds like Wales or Wolves. Perhaps it's a portmanteau?

User avatar
Shangtianhua
Diplomat
 
Posts: 530
Founded: Apr 16, 2026
Democratic Socialists

Postby Shangtianhua » Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:27 pm

Despite the name, I have a feeling it's not meant to simply be All Home without the spacing but rather a reference to a TV show or video game I'm not aware of.
People's Republic of Huaxia
☯︎P R O J E C T · P A X · S I N I C A☯︎
Meaning of my account name
Bored anglo dude working in defense-oriented operations research/systems analysis for duh gubmint with subject matter expertise in China development. Striking fear into the hearts of all armchair generals, keyboard warriors, and fedora-tipping neckbeard pseudointellectuals online.

User avatar
The Dovahkiin Caliphate
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: May 20, 2025
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Dovahkiin Caliphate » Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:32 pm

Its pinyin of 上添花 without the tone markers or spaces. idk what the icing is supposed to be on tho.

it could also just be an attempt to make a Chinese-sounding name and invoke imagery of Shanghai
Last edited by The Dovahkiin Caliphate on Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the official account of the South Parker ambassador to the World Assembly and Archduchess of Kentucky, Maca Ogle.

"Down with Saddam! He usurped the presidency after Garrison failed to attend his own inauguration. His orange shtick may fool some, but we know the truth!" - Maca Ogle

NS stats are canon.

User avatar
Azeirf
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Aug 19, 2026
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Azeirf » Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:30 am

Searched this up possible reference to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim in this case the word meaning Dragon-Born as “Dovah”means dragon and “Kiin” means born and Dovakiin is the protagonist of the game and then Caliphate becuase it’s a Caliphate and AU/AN is presumably Muslim? I don’t want to assume on that stance though.
Last edited by Azeirf on Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE MULTIVERSE IS A PLAYGROUND FOR THE MAD
EMPEROR OF THE MULTIVERSE
Classification: Psychotic Dictatorship | Sanity: Not Found
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
“I doubt I need an introduction, but just in case, I am the mighty Azeirf, and yes, all the horrible stories you've heard are true!”

UDA Administrator

Note: NS Stats are Jacobin Heretics of the State and thus have been ruthlessly purged from The Azeirfian Dictionary (except for the cool tyranny based ones)

User avatar
Potato Gun
Diplomat
 
Posts: 996
Founded: Dec 19, 2025
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Potato Gun » Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:35 am

All I can find is some random musican so you probably just put down whatever happened to pop into your head.
The WA delegate for Endless Highway, and aerospace enthusiast.
The stars on my flag are the symbol of Infinitism the dominant religion in Potato Gun.
GUNNIC CIVIL WAR
Fuck it the entire Nation States multiverse is canon now.
NS stats ARE canon because I am not a coward.
(excluding population which is canonically 160 million)
Potato Gun wrote:Power, fame, and fortune feed you ego, charity, humility, and compassion feed your soul. I implore you to starve the ego and feed the soul, you will be all the greater for it.
Zooble wrote:Holy Shit
Christian Socialist
I HAVE AUTISM
Despite the colors of my flag I am a cishet man, not nonbinary.
I am a college student slowly working his way towards a PhD


User avatar
The Sernetian Empire
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6180
Founded: Jul 04, 2024
Right-wing Utopia

Postby The Sernetian Empire » Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:37 am

pioneers found virgin lands, local indigenous population had guns which shoot potatoes
Last edited by The Sernetian Empire on Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Polish-algerian muslim madman who lives in SE london, Arsenal supporter, I also am passionate about trains, I play nationstates and stepford county railway (roblox) and some stuff on switch. Location (where I live): London, UK
Sexuality: straight
Sernet is a large nation famous for its extensive rail network and our skyscrapers and tower blocks. Capital city: Sernetesen. Sernet is a space-capable state and maintains a network of terriories, but we're not your traditional earth-based empire (we are very benevolent). The nation is rich in history and culture and is extremely patriotic.
Mostly modern tech, except in some fields where we'd be PMT


#thepowerofsernet
The Sernetian Empire

Rest in peace OG Sernet - Sernet is back
NS stats were gunned down by anti-aircraft guns
News can't fit

User avatar
Potato Gun
Diplomat
 
Posts: 996
Founded: Dec 19, 2025
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Potato Gun » Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:39 am

The Sernetian Empire wrote:pioneers found virgin lands, local indigenous population had guns which shoot potatoes

Except THE GUNNIC SETTLERS WERE THE FIRST PEOPLE TO EVER SET FOOT UPON POTATO GUN.
/skip
Last edited by Potato Gun on Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The WA delegate for Endless Highway, and aerospace enthusiast.
The stars on my flag are the symbol of Infinitism the dominant religion in Potato Gun.
GUNNIC CIVIL WAR
Fuck it the entire Nation States multiverse is canon now.
NS stats ARE canon because I am not a coward.
(excluding population which is canonically 160 million)
Potato Gun wrote:Power, fame, and fortune feed you ego, charity, humility, and compassion feed your soul. I implore you to starve the ego and feed the soul, you will be all the greater for it.
Zooble wrote:Holy Shit
Christian Socialist
I HAVE AUTISM
Despite the colors of my flag I am a cishet man, not nonbinary.
I am a college student slowly working his way towards a PhD


User avatar
Ibito Yama
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Aug 29, 2026
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ibito Yama » Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:36 am

Cant think if a possible origin for the name that feels right. first things to come to mind are CERN, the internet and Samaria.

Looking it up is just some German tech company, so ill say it was mostly random.

User avatar
The Cool Zone
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Mar 10, 2025
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Cool Zone » Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:57 am

An attempt to make a Japanese-sounding name?
I’m like, very cool. It’s even in my name!
Who even reads these?

User avatar
The Sernetian Empire
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6180
Founded: Jul 04, 2024
Right-wing Utopia

Postby The Sernetian Empire » Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:55 pm

penguins in antarctica established a nation and named it "the cool zone"
and so we have AN
Polish-algerian muslim madman who lives in SE london, Arsenal supporter, I also am passionate about trains, I play nationstates and stepford county railway (roblox) and some stuff on switch. Location (where I live): London, UK
Sexuality: straight
Sernet is a large nation famous for its extensive rail network and our skyscrapers and tower blocks. Capital city: Sernetesen. Sernet is a space-capable state and maintains a network of terriories, but we're not your traditional earth-based empire (we are very benevolent). The nation is rich in history and culture and is extremely patriotic.
Mostly modern tech, except in some fields where we'd be PMT


#thepowerofsernet
The Sernetian Empire

Rest in peace OG Sernet - Sernet is back
NS stats were gunned down by anti-aircraft guns
News can't fit

User avatar
Neo Lunatea
Senator
 
Posts: 4032
Founded: Mar 13, 2026
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neo Lunatea » Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:48 pm

Sernet sounds like a name you made up with no reason or meaning behind it.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chan Island, Commonwealth Of Cursedland, Deutscher Volksstaat, Empth, Ineva, Lothria, Meridian Republic, New Kisha, Pryskalt, Ruaun, Statesburg, The X-8 Research Center, Vistivet Schterve, Welves

Advertisement

Remove ads