NATION

PASSWORD

Opinion on Mixed-Race Marriages?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Nicolo Machiavelli
Envoy
 
Posts: 234
Founded: Jul 26, 2026
Anarchy

Opinion on Mixed-Race Marriages?

Postby Nicolo Machiavelli » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:23 pm

Mixed-race marriages are simply marriages between 2 people of different races, like Black men and White women or White men and Asian women (most common). They blend 2 different cultural experiences together and have challenges raising their child, as some families might go so far as to disown their kids for dating a Black man.

Mixed-race marriages were actually illegal until 1967 and were known as "miscegenation" in the USA. They are rapidly growing and are everywhere too, like in France and the UK. Some people who are against it believe race mixing "dilutes" the race, and also, generally speaking, some marginalized people like Latinos and Black people believe that you should stay in your own race, as it prevents microaggressions.

However, looking at everything, mixed-race marriages are only a problem when Black people and other people do them; White men do it with Asians, Latinos, and so much more, and also face far less scrutiny despite doing it the most. An example of this is the "mudsharks" insult, which is given to white women who date Black men.

I view them very positively and don't think people should be judged on race but rather by their person as a whole, and we shouldn't use the rigid barriers of race to determine relationships.

But still, what is your opinion?.
Give it time, a Dog will bite harder than a Viper.
Money is everything, from our day of birth till the day we are kicked into the tomb we chased money.

User avatar
Touisterland
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Jul 20, 2025
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Touisterland » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:27 pm

Weird question. But adults should be allowed to marry whoever they want as long as they consent to it.

User avatar
Zephyriel
Attaché
 
Posts: 88
Founded: Oct 06, 2024
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zephyriel » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:28 pm

Super duper positive, Mixed children are the most beautiful as mixing 2 backgrounds leads to a more better face.
✨ Welcome to Zephyriel! ✨
“In a world full of chaos, be the confetti!”
“I put the 'pro' in procrastination.”
[b]Overview: Explore the vibrant cultures of Zephyriel!

Lore: Dive into the epic tales of our land!
Latest News:
New festival announced!Celebrate with us as we launch the annual Zephyriel Festival!

AI upgrade complete! Our AI is now equipped with even more jokes and wisdom!
Did you hear about the claustrophobic astronaut? He just needed a little space!
What do you call fake spaghetti? An impasta!
Overview Factbook
Lore Factbook
Powered by AI and a dash of whimsy!

User avatar
ImperialRussia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1121
Founded: May 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ImperialRussia » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:30 pm

Who really entitled to suffrage when comes to the opposite sex of a different race of people's having mixed marriages? They really need government support or should they live independently? My opinion is both they should be supported government and work to live independently.
Last edited by ImperialRussia on Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Eieryn
Diplomat
 
Posts: 609
Founded: Aug 25, 2025
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eieryn » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:30 pm

I don't even see how this can still a question. People should be able to marry who they want, regardless of their skin colour, nationality, gender, etc.
Population: 133 million | Political parties and current legislature | Other factbooks | Q&A of Eieryn
Democratic, socialist and secular nation
I AM PRO-TOLERANCE ! PRO-DEMOCRACY ! AND PRO-FREEDOM ! IF THIS MAKES ME WOKE, THEN SO BE IT !
I am also atheist, socialist (but not communist), and first of all a proud etceterist, because I cannot put everything here.
Pronouns : he/him, but they/them is also fine.

The Democratic Republic of Eieryn
Former President and WA Delegate of the UEPU Federal Republic
Current Speaker of the Parliament of the UEPU Federal Republic

User avatar
Anakona
Diplomat
 
Posts: 927
Founded: Dec 28, 2025
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Anakona » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:31 pm

NS Forums if they were from 1950:

User avatar
Geraluden
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 109
Founded: Aug 20, 2026
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Geraluden » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:38 pm

Weird question, but I fail to see how it matters.
I am, in fact, NOT the very model of a modern major-general.
(THE STATE-CONTROLLED MEDIA POLICY IS NOT CANON. PLEASE IGNORE IT. I DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE IT A THING.)
((oh and by the way my country is pronounced like the word "paladin" but instead of "p" you say "jir" like "giraffe"))

User avatar
Nicolo Machiavelli
Envoy
 
Posts: 234
Founded: Jul 26, 2026
Anarchy

Postby Nicolo Machiavelli » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:39 pm

Social media was lying to me; I thought there would actually be more opposition against it, as I saw in a poll with 29% of Americans against it.
Give it time, a Dog will bite harder than a Viper.
Money is everything, from our day of birth till the day we are kicked into the tomb we chased money.

User avatar
Pale Dawn
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6903
Founded: Feb 24, 2023
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Pale Dawn » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:42 pm

Nicolo Machiavelli wrote:Social media was lying to me; I thought there would actually be more opposition against it, as I saw in a poll with 29% of Americans against it.

My wife's against it because it left her with two communities that didnt recognize her as one of them and years of rejection but that's a personal view for personal choice, not legal or political.
We Are The Fire

User avatar
Nicolo Machiavelli
Envoy
 
Posts: 234
Founded: Jul 26, 2026
Anarchy

Postby Nicolo Machiavelli » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:45 pm

Pale Dawn wrote:
Nicolo Machiavelli wrote:Social media was lying to me; I thought there would actually be more opposition against it, as I saw in a poll with 29% of Americans against it.

My wife's against it because it left her with two communities that didnt recognize her as one of them and years of rejection but that's a personal view for personal choice, not legal or political.

True, this is one of the struggles mixed race children face as they have a battle almost of which side to choose. But let's not forget they have also been mixed race marriages that have gone well, I'm sorry for your wife's experience.
Give it time, a Dog will bite harder than a Viper.
Money is everything, from our day of birth till the day we are kicked into the tomb we chased money.

User avatar
ImperialRussia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1121
Founded: May 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ImperialRussia » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:47 pm

Nicolo Machiavelli wrote:Social media was lying to me; I thought there would actually be more opposition against it, as I saw in a poll with 29% of Americans against it.

Maybe it's the parents' what's view compared to a woman and to man to be allowed to mix marry races compared to a dominate father or mother. Mother or father given asked to marry their daughter or son and went full denial given to full abuse to father or mother disowning or spank by belt by mother or father through disciplinary actions to conform within the race compared to a parent's point of view.

User avatar
Might Delete Later
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6727
Founded: Apr 05, 2025
Anarchy

Postby Might Delete Later » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:47 pm

Made because of it so positive

User avatar
Dumb Ideologies
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47825
Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Dumb Ideologies » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:48 pm

One of the big problems with mass migration is that people from the same place tend to form communities apart from the natives. With several generations of them marrying each other, going to their own schools and so on, this can lead to a large community characterised by a hardened "us and them" identity which can become a social and community cohesion problem.

While I'm generally a pessimist when it comes to what those dynamics mean in the round, every mixed marriage is a bridge and an individual success story. For the sake of the future I hope for more of them.
Furthermore, I consider that feminism must be destroyed.

User avatar
Rojamonton
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 11
Founded: Nov 18, 2023
Democratic Socialists

Postby Rojamonton » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:52 pm

I'm kind of new to the NS forums. Is this kind of thread common around here?

User avatar
Nicolo Machiavelli
Envoy
 
Posts: 234
Founded: Jul 26, 2026
Anarchy

Postby Nicolo Machiavelli » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:52 pm

White and Asian marriages tend to be equal to White and White or even surpass which is interesting to say the least.
Give it time, a Dog will bite harder than a Viper.
Money is everything, from our day of birth till the day we are kicked into the tomb we chased money.

User avatar
Stellar Colonies
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11327
Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:52 pm

Rojamonton wrote:I'm kind of new to the NS forums. Is this kind of thread common around here?

It comes in waves.
I try to be objective, but I do have actual positions and some biases.
Dedicated egalitarian.

Born Californian (and American, Calexit can go stuff it)
Native to The East Pacific
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years for the IC date in Earth's reference frame.

User avatar
Intaglio
Diplomat
 
Posts: 693
Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Intaglio » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:52 pm

I predict this thread will go very badly, so I'mma just put in my two cents early and then get our of Dodge. Marriage is between the two people who make it; race is irrelevant when choosing a marriage partner. It's about finding someone you are compatible with, who shares your lifetime goals and values. Other people should bud out of it and opposing two people being married simply because they're different races is ridiculous. The whole "racial purity" thing is an outdated concept to me. Speaking for myself, I'm mostly Black but I have Native American and White ancestry as well, so I wouldn't exist without race mixing. My younger siblings are also the result of a more recent race mixing, Most of my crushes and loves over my lifetime have been with people of a different race than mine; race played no part in it, just attraction and affection.

User avatar
Orcuo
Senator
 
Posts: 3844
Founded: Dec 15, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Orcuo » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:54 pm

Nic is going to put me out of business.
Kill the pig. Cut her throat. Spill her blood.
She/Her
Join the Madness
Neder Islands wrote:Orcuo-type woke is so left that it falls back into the alt-right camp.

User avatar
Geraluden
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 109
Founded: Aug 20, 2026
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Geraluden » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:54 pm

Rojamonton wrote:I'm kind of new to the NS forums. Is this kind of thread common around here?

Yes. Run while you still can.
I am, in fact, NOT the very model of a modern major-general.
(THE STATE-CONTROLLED MEDIA POLICY IS NOT CANON. PLEASE IGNORE IT. I DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE IT A THING.)
((oh and by the way my country is pronounced like the word "paladin" but instead of "p" you say "jir" like "giraffe"))

User avatar
Nicolo Machiavelli
Envoy
 
Posts: 234
Founded: Jul 26, 2026
Anarchy

Postby Nicolo Machiavelli » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:58 pm

Intaglio wrote:I predict this thread will go very badly, so I'mma just put in my two cents early and then get our of Dodge. Marriage is between the two people who make it; race is irrelevant when choosing a marriage partner. It's about finding someone you are compatible with, who shares your lifetime goals and values. Other people should bud out of it and opposing two people being married simply because they're different races is ridiculous. The whole "racial purity" thing is an outdated concept to me. Speaking for myself, I'm mostly Black but I have Native American and White ancestry as well, so I wouldn't exist without race mixing. My younger siblings are also the result of a more recent race mixing, Most of my crushes and loves over my lifetime have been with people of a different race than mine; race played no part in it, just attraction and affection.

There is also the great "replacement" theory that apparently white people are slowly no longer being the dominant population and are going out in droves.
Give it time, a Dog will bite harder than a Viper.
Money is everything, from our day of birth till the day we are kicked into the tomb we chased money.

User avatar
Unogonduria
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10750
Founded: Jan 07, 2023
Democratic Socialists

Postby Unogonduria » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:58 pm

I have no problems with it, in factz it can lead to very healthy offspring. We are all made in God's Image.
However, if I had mixed-race children in my country I would pity them, as they would be mocked for "having a lower IQ" (specifically if half-black or half-gypsy) and similar things. Of course, only a handful of people would actually say that, but they still wouldn't feel good when every second person uses the word ciganin/mangal derogatively (it just has negative connotations).
Last edited by Unogonduria on Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nature is beautiful. Praise the LORD!
And they were calling to one another: "Holy, Holy, Holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” - Isaiah 6:3
NEVER FORGET!!!!
Embrace Tvrkic lingvistics + Indoevropean genetics
Be polite and humble. Please.
SapplyValues Political Compass Result - by far the most accurate political compass test on the internet, double checked with the results of the Bulgarian Political Compass!
Your local Soft Russophile
Even the return of the Ottoman Empire is prefferable to the return of the atheistic communist regimes throughout Europe.
Christ is King! ☦☦☦

User avatar
Commonwealth Of Cursedland
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 364
Founded: Apr 07, 2026
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Commonwealth Of Cursedland » Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:58 pm

Why is this a topic at all? They're perfectly fine, you should be allowed to marry whoever you want to marry.

Rojamonton wrote:I'm kind of new to the NS forums. Is this kind of thread common around here?

Sadly yes. I advise to stay well away from NSG unless you wanna post on TET
Fortitudo in Varietate, Gaudium in Unitate
A “confederation” of 10 substantially independent states, sharing (most of) the continent of Gursedland on planet Bearth.
Random 18 yo Italian dude with nothing of substance about his life (according to him).
Likes some things, hates other things, maybe he's funny, he's certainly socially paranoid, and has no idea why he's talking in the 3rd person rn.
I created also Comicsland and The Socialist World Republic of Cats, if you remember those
Anyways, byeee!!
Our leader, our inhabitants and our member states
NS stats have been sent to a nice seaside resort in Kipozia

User avatar
-Macaronesia-
Envoy
 
Posts: 276
Founded: Aug 11, 2024
New York Times Democracy

Postby -Macaronesia- » Mon Sep 14, 2026 1:00 pm

I don't have a bad opinion; I think it's beautiful and unique, the entire Latin American continent and Caribbean are of mixed-race people (along with many Creole countries worldwide). The only problem I have is treating race-mixing like it produces genetically "superior" children. That's just eugenics. We can complement mixed-race people without dragging down another group, and vice versa. I myself am mixed race (kinda) Dominican/Portuguese. I support anyone who wants to marry within their culture and people who choose to marry outside of it. Neither decision is inherently better or worse. My professor actually made a weird suggestion implying that her mixed-race children are genetically "less likely to get diseases", and how it's a good argument for ending racism because it makes "healthier babies". Honestly, I was disturbed by her comment. All children are valuable no matter their background, and being from one race doesn't necessarily mean "better" or "worse" health, especially with modern genetic counselling, and to me it came across as kind of shame-ish.
Last edited by -Macaronesia- on Mon Sep 14, 2026 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Camtropia
Senator
 
Posts: 3708
Founded: Jan 27, 2024
New York Times Democracy

Postby Camtropia » Mon Sep 14, 2026 1:01 pm

Oh boy, this is going to draw some weirdos out of the woodwork
Yeah, I'm mostly just on General these days. But just in case...
Camtropia is a young, left-leaning, democratic nation located in Southern Central/Eastern Europe, or somewhere similar.
Almost all stats and policies are canon.
Population: 52 million.

 CBC News | Heatwave leads to surge in portable air conditioner sales -- Minister of Agriculture resigns after affair scandal with secretary -- Local man unable to think up headlines 

User avatar
TURTLESHROOM II
Senator
 
Posts: 4781
Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Mon Sep 14, 2026 1:01 pm

Miscegenation is not a a sin, according to the Bible, unless a Jew marries a Gentile who does not convert to Judaism. As long as the man and the woman enter into a marriage, their sexual intercourse with one-another is legitimate in the eyes of God, as are their posterity. So no, it is neither immoral nor sinful nor evil.

However, it still brings consequences in certain pairings. Children will grow up struggling with their identities. Children whose union was half-black will actively suffer at the hands of full blacks and society at-large, due to residual prejudice from centuries of dissuasion against black and non-black unions.

Furthermore, there is the danger to the partners. Every union of different races, with a single exception, does not increase divorce, stress, or violence. The only exception is when a non-black woman marries a black man; these unions are more prone to domestic violence, divorce, suffering, and so on. This does not happen among a non-black man and a black woman (the divorce rate is far lower there), or any other combination. (This isn’t because of an inherent propensity to violence in a black man’s DNA. It is entirely cultural.)

Race-mixing will have consequences, sometimes grave, for your children. One who truly wishes to commit to miscegenation must understand that he will bequeath hardship to your offspring. He needs to train them to stand strong and understand what, and who, they are.

It should not be outlawed, but for the sake of the children, it should be exercised with caution.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Borkmaster, Celritannia, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Shrillland, Sycorat, Threlizdun, Window Land

Advertisement

Remove ads