NATION

PASSWORD

Should the "LGB" & the "T" be Separate?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Necroghastia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 19067
Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:38 pm

Bnei Noah wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:It's not much of a legitimate belief when you have at best cherrypicked evidence.
This is just "the gays are grooming your children" in different packaging.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lindseyedarvin/2024/04/25/transgender-athletes-could-be-at-a-physical-disadvantage-new-research-shows/

Explain how? Trans people have if anything been instrumental in the whole rights movement. The likes of Marsha P. Johnson, Zazu Nova, Sylvia Rivera, and Miss Major Griffin-Gracy should not be forgotten.



So, it's about a new form of conversion therapy. Telling boys that they can't be feminine and telling girls they can't be masculine.

you mean the thing anti-lgbt cis people do all the dang time
If they feel this way, they must have be transgender, as in have gender dysphoria rather than just being a feminine male or a masculine female.

Absolutely no one actually believes this.
Last edited by Necroghastia on Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her
Please don't TG about Mod Stuff - try the Moderation subforum for forumside issues or submitting a Getting Help Request for gameside. Also, the One-Stop Rules Shop!

User avatar
Slembana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35681
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Slembana » Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:39 pm

Federal Republic of Serov wrote:
Slembana wrote:There is nothing “morally reprehensible” about being LGBTQ.

Says the guy who tried to justify communist atrocities. You’re not exactly a moral authority. Who should I listen to, some guy from the internet who justifies murder or the God who created the entire universe, is infinite in wisdom, loves the entirety of humanity, and died for our sins even though we do all sorts of deplorable things? The answer is obvious.

I didn’t “justify communist atrocities” I don’t justify murder. And God doesn’t hate LGBTQ people, in reality.
I am an anarchist/libertarian socialist. Policies of my country roughly reflect my views IRL. Click below for more information on my political views, which are specifically about my views with relation to the conflict between Israel and Palestine.
FUCK ISRAEL! I support peace, therefore I stand with Palestine. I want a bi-national solution, a state in which Jews and Palestinians can coexist peacefully. The onus is on Israel to stop this - it can do it anytime by bringing a ceasefire and ending apartheid.

27 years old. AUDHD. Scottish. I am an agnostic theist. Fan of Manchester United and Edinburgh City.

User avatar
Neu California
Senator
 
Posts: 4677
Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu California » Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:39 pm

Federal Republic of Serov wrote:
Neu California wrote:And what makes them morally reprehensible?

Your answer should be good for a laugh at least.

Leviticus 18:22
Romans 1:26-28
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
And many, many, more.

So, a bunch of people who lived millennia ago and didn't have modern understanding of science. :rofl:

Can you show actual, quantifiable harm from accepting LGBT people beyond "they hurt my fee fees" and "they go against my religion"? (Reminder that I live in a country that declared over 200 years ago that it's not a Christian nation
"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little"-FDR
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist"-Dom Helder Camara
"When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression"-Unknown
He/him
Aspie and proud
I'm a weak agnostic without atheistic or theistic leanings.
Endless sucker for romantic lesbian stuff

"During my research I interviewed a guy who said he was a libertarian until he did MDMA and realized that other people have feelings, and that was pretty much the best summary of libertarianism I've ever heard"

User avatar
Bnei Noah
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1108
Founded: Sep 17, 2025
Ex-Nation

Postby Bnei Noah » Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:39 pm

Neu California wrote:
Federal Republic of Serov wrote:Obviously. One has to do with sexuality and the other is completely different. They’re the same in the way that they’re both morally reprehensible but completely different in nature.

And what makes them morally reprehensible?

Your answer should be good for a laugh at least.


Just to let you know, folks like this believe I'm going to be burning in hell even though I'm 100% celibate and never even been on a date or even had a first kiss.
This nation will be retired soon.

User avatar
Bnei Noah
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1108
Founded: Sep 17, 2025
Ex-Nation

Postby Bnei Noah » Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:41 pm

Slembana wrote:
Federal Republic of Serov wrote:Says the guy who tried to justify communist atrocities. You’re not exactly a moral authority. Who should I listen to, some guy from the internet who justifies murder or the God who created the entire universe, is infinite in wisdom, loves the entirety of humanity, and died for our sins even though we do all sorts of deplorable things? The answer is obvious.

I didn’t “justify communist atrocities” I don’t justify murder. And God doesn’t hate LGBTQ people, in reality.


God doesn't like what some LGB(TQ) people do and say, but he doesn't hate them for being created in his image.
This nation will be retired soon.

User avatar
Federal Republic of Serov
Envoy
 
Posts: 331
Founded: Aug 13, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Republic of Serov » Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:42 pm

Slembana wrote:
Federal Republic of Serov wrote:Says the guy who tried to justify communist atrocities. You’re not exactly a moral authority. Who should I listen to, some guy from the internet who justifies murder or the God who created the entire universe, is infinite in wisdom, loves the entirety of humanity, and died for our sins even though we do all sorts of deplorable things? The answer is obvious.

I didn’t “justify communist atrocities” I don’t justify murder. And God doesn’t hate LGBTQ people, in reality.

Yes, God doesn’t hate anyone. Including LGBT. That doesn’t mean that it’s not a sin LMAO :rofl:
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner

♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
Slembana
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35681
Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Slembana » Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:43 pm

Federal Republic of Serov wrote:
Slembana wrote:I didn’t “justify communist atrocities” I don’t justify murder. And God doesn’t hate LGBTQ people, in reality.

Yes, God doesn’t hate anyone. Including LGBT. That doesn’t mean that it’s not a sin LMAO :rofl:

Being gay is not a sin.
I am an anarchist/libertarian socialist. Policies of my country roughly reflect my views IRL. Click below for more information on my political views, which are specifically about my views with relation to the conflict between Israel and Palestine.
FUCK ISRAEL! I support peace, therefore I stand with Palestine. I want a bi-national solution, a state in which Jews and Palestinians can coexist peacefully. The onus is on Israel to stop this - it can do it anytime by bringing a ceasefire and ending apartheid.

27 years old. AUDHD. Scottish. I am an agnostic theist. Fan of Manchester United and Edinburgh City.

User avatar
Neu California
Senator
 
Posts: 4677
Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu California » Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:44 pm

Federal Republic of Serov wrote:
Slembana wrote:I didn’t “justify communist atrocities” I don’t justify murder. And God doesn’t hate LGBTQ people, in reality.

Yes, God doesn’t hate anyone. Including LGBT. That doesn’t mean that it’s not a sin LMAO :rofl:

Doesn't mean it is a sin either.

And why would an all-loving god make people gay, bi, or trans, then condemn them to hell for that? It's literally beyond their control.
"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little"-FDR
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist"-Dom Helder Camara
"When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression"-Unknown
He/him
Aspie and proud
I'm a weak agnostic without atheistic or theistic leanings.
Endless sucker for romantic lesbian stuff

"During my research I interviewed a guy who said he was a libertarian until he did MDMA and realized that other people have feelings, and that was pretty much the best summary of libertarianism I've ever heard"

User avatar
Necroghastia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 19067
Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:46 pm

Federal Republic of Serov wrote:
Slembana wrote:I didn’t “justify communist atrocities” I don’t justify murder. And God doesn’t hate LGBTQ people, in reality.

Yes, God doesn’t hate anyone. Including LGBT. That doesn’t mean that it’s not a sin LMAO :rofl:

Threadjacking is a sin. Pretty sure. It's like, the eleventh commandment, it got accidentally left off the classic list when they remade the stones after Moses dropped 'em.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her
Please don't TG about Mod Stuff - try the Moderation subforum for forumside issues or submitting a Getting Help Request for gameside. Also, the One-Stop Rules Shop!

User avatar
Federal Republic of Serov
Envoy
 
Posts: 331
Founded: Aug 13, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Republic of Serov » Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:46 pm

Bnei Noah wrote:
Neu California wrote:And what makes them morally reprehensible?

Your answer should be good for a laugh at least.


Just to let you know, folks like this believe I'm going to be burning in hell even though I'm 100% celibate and never even been on a date or even had a first kiss.

1. It’s not my call to say how does or doesn’t go to Heaven. The only people we know for sure whether they went to Heaven or hell are the Saints. The rest is a mystery.

2. Mathew 5:28 Lust is a sin too. You don’t have to actually do the thing.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner

♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
Bnei Noah
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1108
Founded: Sep 17, 2025
Ex-Nation

Postby Bnei Noah » Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:48 pm

Federal Republic of Serov wrote:
Bnei Noah wrote:
Just to let you know, folks like this believe I'm going to be burning in hell even though I'm 100% celibate and never even been on a date or even had a first kiss.

1. It’s not my call to say how does or doesn’t go to Heaven. The only people we know for sure whether they went to Heaven or hell are the Saints. The rest is a mystery.

2. Mathew 5:28 Lust is a sin too. You don’t have to actually do the thing.


The topic of the thread is not if LGBTQ is a sin under Christian theology. Please take that to the appropriate thread.
This nation will be retired soon.

User avatar
Federal Republic of Serov
Envoy
 
Posts: 331
Founded: Aug 13, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Republic of Serov » Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:48 pm

Neu California wrote:
Federal Republic of Serov wrote:Yes, God doesn’t hate anyone. Including LGBT. That doesn’t mean that it’s not a sin LMAO :rofl:

Doesn't mean it is a sin either.

And why would an all-loving god make people gay, bi, or trans, then condemn them to hell for that? It's literally beyond their control.

He didn’t make them that way. The Demons corrupted such people. It is in their control. They choose to do such things (including just lusting after someone). Google Father Seraphim Rose, a former homosexual who repented and is now being considered for canonization.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner

♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
Federal Republic of Serov
Envoy
 
Posts: 331
Founded: Aug 13, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Republic of Serov » Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:49 pm

Bnei Noah wrote:
Federal Republic of Serov wrote:1. It’s not my call to say how does or doesn’t go to Heaven. The only people we know for sure whether they went to Heaven or hell are the Saints. The rest is a mystery.

2. Mathew 5:28 Lust is a sin too. You don’t have to actually do the thing.


The topic of the thread is not if LGBTQ is a sin under Christian theology. Please take that to the appropriate thread.

Ok. I’ll stop posting about this here.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner

♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
Jeffs
Attaché
 
Posts: 77
Founded: Aug 07, 2025
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeffs » Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:56 pm

Kostane wrote:
Jeffs wrote:Natural is a property that something has if it is not impeded. If we are not impeded, we are born as children, our bodies grow naturally, and with them our sexual characteristics.

And no, working out is not natural, in the sense that our bodies are not inclined to do it in themselves. But if we do it, it does not impede the natural development of our bodies. Chemical castration does.

So someone who does not work out at all is equally healthy compared to someone who has a regular workout schedule (all other things being equal)? Because neither of them would be impeding or helping the "natural" development of their bodies.

Is wearing clothes unhealthy?
Is wearing glasses unhealthy?
Is a procedure to fix a broken bone unhealthy?

You don't understand what I mean, so I'll try to clarify the terms.

There are natural characteristics, which are those that something possesses if it is not prevented from doing so. Then there are non-natural characteristics, which are those that something may not possess even if it is not prevented from doing so.

Among the non-natural characteristics, some are unnatural in the true sense of the word, meaning that their opposite is natural. Others are merely non-natural, meaning neither natural nor unnatural: they may have no effect on the thing that possesses them, they may be negative, or they may be positive.

Having certain hormone levels is natural for a male.
Medically preventing the achievement of these hormone levels, or suffering from a disease that alters them, is unnatural.
Playing sports, dressing up, and other such things are merely non-natural. Indeed, in the case of playing sports and dressing up, it is even beneficial, at least in principle.

Is that clearer?

User avatar
Neu California
Senator
 
Posts: 4677
Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu California » Tue Oct 07, 2025 5:59 pm

Jeffs wrote:
Kostane wrote:So someone who does not work out at all is equally healthy compared to someone who has a regular workout schedule (all other things being equal)? Because neither of them would be impeding or helping the "natural" development of their bodies.

Is wearing clothes unhealthy?
Is wearing glasses unhealthy?
Is a procedure to fix a broken bone unhealthy?

You don't understand what I mean, so I'll try to clarify the terms.

There are natural characteristics, which are those that something possesses if it is not prevented from doing so. Then there are non-natural characteristics, which are those that something may not possess even if it is not prevented from doing so.

Among the non-natural characteristics, some are unnatural in the true sense of the word, meaning that their opposite is natural. Others are merely non-natural, meaning neither natural nor unnatural: they may have no effect on the thing that possesses them, they may be negative, or they may be positive.

Having certain hormone levels is natural for a male.
Medically preventing the achievement of these hormone levels, or suffering from a disease that alters them, is unnatural.
Playing sports, dressing up, and other such things are merely non-natural. Indeed, in the case of playing sports and dressing up, it is even beneficial, at least in principle.

Is that clearer?

Considering disease is, by definition, natural, no it's still rather contradictory.
"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little"-FDR
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist"-Dom Helder Camara
"When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression"-Unknown
He/him
Aspie and proud
I'm a weak agnostic without atheistic or theistic leanings.
Endless sucker for romantic lesbian stuff

"During my research I interviewed a guy who said he was a libertarian until he did MDMA and realized that other people have feelings, and that was pretty much the best summary of libertarianism I've ever heard"

User avatar
Necroghastia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 19067
Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Oct 07, 2025 6:00 pm

Jeffs wrote:
Kostane wrote:So someone who does not work out at all is equally healthy compared to someone who has a regular workout schedule (all other things being equal)? Because neither of them would be impeding or helping the "natural" development of their bodies.

Is wearing clothes unhealthy?
Is wearing glasses unhealthy?
Is a procedure to fix a broken bone unhealthy?

You don't understand what I mean, so I'll try to clarify the terms.

There are natural characteristics, which are those that something possesses if it is not prevented from doing so. Then there are non-natural characteristics, which are those that something may not possess even if it is not prevented from doing so.

Among the non-natural characteristics, some are unnatural in the true sense of the word, meaning that their opposite is natural. Others are merely non-natural, meaning neither natural nor unnatural: they may have no effect on the thing that possesses them, they may be negative, or they may be positive.

Having certain hormone levels is natural for a male.
Medically preventing the achievement of these hormone levels, or suffering from a disease that alters them, is unnatural.
Playing sports, dressing up, and other such things are merely non-natural. Indeed, in the case of playing sports and dressing up, it is even beneficial, at least in principle.

Is that clearer?

It's certainly not clear how this ties into the thread topic.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her
Please don't TG about Mod Stuff - try the Moderation subforum for forumside issues or submitting a Getting Help Request for gameside. Also, the One-Stop Rules Shop!

User avatar
Chobotan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 458
Founded: Dec 20, 2024
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chobotan » Tue Oct 07, 2025 6:03 pm

I think not. After all, as Slembana so wisely said, trans people have and always will be a pivotal part of the LGBTQ+ pride movement.
Chobotan

Yello! I am Chobotan, bisexual, a metalhead, and atheist. To know more about me, check out my OOC factbook.
I use he/him pronouns. You can call me Ell, if you would like.
NS stats got caught Dancing On Glass. Apparently, they were found in the trash.
Questions? TG Me! All my Q&As died. Or if your region has an embassy with Europeia, seek me out on the RMB! Before doing that, though, please take a look at my OOC factbook with the link in line 1.
Quote of the Days: "I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by"-Douglas Adams
Revamp has begun ... in some capacity.

User avatar
Nilokeras
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7241
Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Nilokeras » Tue Oct 07, 2025 6:06 pm

Jeffs wrote:
Nilokeras wrote:trans women take androgen blockers as part of their hormone therapy specifically to halt the development of higher muscle mass and other 'male' traits testosterone encourages. they have no real 'advantage' over cis women because of that.

Exactly, an unhealthy lifestyle.


Trans women, on average, are on par with cis women. They might have a slight disadvantage in terms of some metrics that elite athletes that care about, but it’s nothing any trans person has to worry about.
"Nobody more left-wing [than Mamdani] isn’t gonna get elected. " ~ S0LA FIDE, September 21, 2026

Isn't gonna get elected status: tbd

User avatar
Jeffs
Attaché
 
Posts: 77
Founded: Aug 07, 2025
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeffs » Tue Oct 07, 2025 6:07 pm

Neu California wrote:Considering disease is, by definition, natural, no it's still rather contradictory.

Read it again more carefully and you will understand that I didn't mean "natural" in the sense of “occurring in nature".
Necroghastia wrote:It's certainly not clear how this ties into the thread topic.

Fair. I will stop this argument here.

User avatar
Kriegsreich of Iron
Senator
 
Posts: 4667
Founded: Apr 22, 2025
Ex-Nation

Postby Kriegsreich of Iron » Tue Oct 07, 2025 6:09 pm

You know, I feel, and hear me out here, the experts should decide.

Make all this billions of wasted dollars in “Queer Studies” degrees count for once, eh?
You just lost the Game. :)

User avatar
Nilokeras
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7241
Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Nilokeras » Tue Oct 07, 2025 6:10 pm

Jeffs wrote:It alters the natural development of the human body.


Shaking hands meme between the six year olds who don’t want to get braces and transphobes
"Nobody more left-wing [than Mamdani] isn’t gonna get elected. " ~ S0LA FIDE, September 21, 2026

Isn't gonna get elected status: tbd

User avatar
The Xenopolis Confederation
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9866
Founded: Aug 11, 2017
Anarchy

Postby The Xenopolis Confederation » Tue Oct 07, 2025 6:10 pm

Welskerland wrote:From my anecdotal experience, a lot of gays, bi and lesbians absolutely despise the T for doing more to set their movement and progress back than anybody else.

What are trans people doing to set anybody's progress back?
Nationality: Australian
Gender: MTF trans woman (she/her)
Political Ideology: Liberalism
Discord: mellotronyellow

User avatar
The Xenopolis Confederation
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9866
Founded: Aug 11, 2017
Anarchy

Postby The Xenopolis Confederation » Tue Oct 07, 2025 6:11 pm

Bnei Noah wrote:
Washington-Columbia wrote:What part of "divide and conquer" do people not understand?


Oh please, there are legitimate disagreements within the community.

Which community are you referring to exactly?
Nationality: Australian
Gender: MTF trans woman (she/her)
Political Ideology: Liberalism
Discord: mellotronyellow

User avatar
Nilokeras
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7241
Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Nilokeras » Tue Oct 07, 2025 6:11 pm

Kriegsreich of Iron wrote:You know, I feel, and hear me out here, the experts should decide.

Make all this billions of wasted dollars in “Queer Studies” degrees count for once, eh?


oh man, in about 15 years when you’re finally old enough to go to uni, mention this to your profs who do queer studies

they’ll laugh and laugh
"Nobody more left-wing [than Mamdani] isn’t gonna get elected. " ~ S0LA FIDE, September 21, 2026

Isn't gonna get elected status: tbd

User avatar
Kriegsreich of Iron
Senator
 
Posts: 4667
Founded: Apr 22, 2025
Ex-Nation

Postby Kriegsreich of Iron » Tue Oct 07, 2025 6:16 pm

Nilokeras wrote:
Kriegsreich of Iron wrote:You know, I feel, and hear me out here, the experts should decide.

Make all this billions of wasted dollars in “Queer Studies” degrees count for once, eh?


oh man, in about 15 years when you’re finally old enough to go to uni, mention this to your profs who do queer studies

they’ll laugh and laugh

Hopefully, I won’t, because by then (I hope), QS won’t be a requirement anymore.
You just lost the Game. :)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ariddia, Cole Whyte-Gurney, Emdilur, Foxs kingdom, Google [Bot], Hirota, Infected Mushroom, Ostroeuropa, Valrifell

Advertisement

Remove ads