




26th September 2024
Hotel Room in Hamilton, Electrum
Even during celebration of humankind through a series of sports competitions, I still had to work my behind off.
Maybe that's what happens when you're appointed the Chair-region of one of the largest federal countries on Earth.
Sure that title is disputed since there are more bigger countries that I met. Some I had already met especially in the WMCA alliance or those that I defeated in WorldVision and past Olympiads before, others I've rarely met or even met for the first time. However, everytime I'm celebrating with the other members of the Alezian Union when our athletes sets new things to celebrate about, or just about anything, there's always that fear in my mind that I'm falling behind. In all kinds of things, to be honest.
Lately, I'm scared of what's going to happen in the future to me, my friends, my people, and many other things I hold dearly. The 14-hour war might be short, but it's very detrimental to my own reputation as a country who tried to be involved in as little conflict as possible, trying to be everyone's friend. Polkopia has a new boss that... may not exactly like me and my allies, even though I still treat Polkopia as one of my best friends. While we differ in opinions now, I still wishes him the best of everything.
So today, I'm writing in a secret place Electrum gave me so I can work remotely in a safe sterile environment... aka my hotel room. Electrum and Liventia has been so nice to me and the rest of the Alezian delegation, just like every other delegation, we're deeply impressed with what they did here. Maybe a teeny tiny envy got into me and imagine: What if me, and South, can hold an Olympics one day? But argh, that wouldn't be realistic. Especially knowing that we lack the expertise. Sure we hosted WorldVision twice, maybe thrice one day if PI successfully negotiated his bid... and there's that WMCA Summit... but that's not enough. We never hosted any sports competition (though Zafizamarrah Open is still in the works)
Anyway, I got distracted. But first, I'll tell you that I celebrated so many good things today. We rarely got anything in wrestling, so Andi Adi Yudhanto's bronze in men's 86 kg freestyle is a wonderful news, table tennis went better than expected, and many of my athletes advanced into the next round. The "golden" moment today is Ishaqina and Nur Hasan in women's doubles in badminton defeating Diarcesia's Phresenánda Lhubić and Omúcqia Bázdulh. I still remember that time where I got to share a medal with Diarcesia a few winter olympics ago, I forgot when, but I celebrated that with him. Of course, I met Diarcesia again talking about many things today. Still the nice (albeit eccentric (probably because they have WAY MORE... grandeur design and philosophy than me which I always respect) guy I know.
Okay, time to talk about the main point here today. Falling behind, and being left behind. I got this realization while walking around Hamilton with MN while South and PI arranged any related preparations in Schimpol, Liventia (after all, South is the better guy to talk with the usually no-nonsense Liventia although I hoped PI doesn't make Liventia go nuts). So there I was, walking with MN around Hamilton Tennis Park for badminton preparation. This is ESPECIALLY knowing that Ismailyan and Martilla are still in the game, albeit in separate badminton men's singles round. Ismailyan will be facing a Malta Comino Gozoan... I don't know how that will go especially since I got defeated by MCG in men's football a few days ago. *
* this diary is made before the final rounds of badminton men's singles
This feeling of inferiority and responsibility feels more apparent as I'm paying for stuff with Electrum's Synergy. A complete digital currency? While here I am STILL deliberating it and Alezia only having a digital PAYMENT SYSTEM instead of a digital currency entirely. And the infrastructure, it's all there. I shouldn't feel so inferior, after all, we don't really have a target except to stop being so unlucky, but everything Liventia and Electrum prepared together here is quite the reminder for me that there's still work to be done back home.
But there's an important issue right now that scares me. Eventually, I'll have to give my position as Chair-region position to someone else, probably South. It's already hard FOR ME to keep this country together against external threats, and I have DECADES of diplomatic experience. Yet here I am sweating my palms everytime I got a glimpse of reminder that I just endured a very short, yet significant war in my history... and also me participating way and way less things in stuff I used to love like WorldVision or tennis. I'm worried that people are starting to like me less, even though I tried really hard to become everyone's friend, or atleast a country everyone can tolerate and cooperate with.
I tried to internally say that I'm just exagerrating, that I'm fearing of something that didn't or won't happen, but in all due honesty,
I need to try to be less fragile about things and actually find a way to not think too much about it.
Alezia is here, after all.
Okay, back to observing how my athletes are doing in the Olympics. I didn't hope for much except to avoid potential disastrous days in the coming future for our Olympiad reputation.




. A big shoutout to Lisander for the pictograms! Viva la Crpostran! On an additional note, was not aware that the cut-off was re-scheduled to an earlier time (while I was sleeping lol)











































