NATION

PASSWORD

Worldvision Song Contest 111 | Akjefuldin, Aenglide

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:11 pm

Filius Deorum - "Feel Your Love"
Tune: Troye Sivan - "Rush"

The grandest of grand returns; MRX back at the WorldVision Song Contest, Filius Deorum, Mister X's most successful WorldVision act (by which we mean he's our only winner), and a banging tune to match. No one is quite sure how many times Filius Deorum has entered the WorldVision Song Contest, but the continued faith shown in him by MRX officials can only be a good thing. Filius Deorum made his debut for Mister X in WV30, so his longevity is somewhat outstanding. "Feel Your Love" was influenced by several artists and one quite rowdy football match; the notion being that the thumping homoerotic techno matches perfectly with the crowd vocals which play such an important part in the song.

The staging was a problem (unsurprisingly) as MRX Television did not want to make the mistake of being too high-concept, a problem they have had on multiple occasions meaning no one quite understands what the staging is about, nor do they want to have the problem of low-concept, giving the mistaken impression of not caring. The unique shape of the stage resulted in a series of selection meetings in which no one could quite agree on the best way forward... not that that was going to stop us now.

Therefore, Filius, dressed as in the above picture - i.e. only wearing some speedos - starts his song with backing vocals introducing him. The entire thing is shot in super-close-up to be as sexual as possible. The thumping bass at the beginning of the song therefore gets the crowd going. Heart pumping, heart racing, heart beating, for this is about to bring the party.

(I feel your love)
(So don't you let it stop)

Filius enters from stage right (audience left) and immediately makes his way over to a dancer, male of course, dressed similarly sporadically. The use of a microphone is the only thing providing some distance between the two. Both are incredibly sweaty, with Filius singing directly towards the dancer who moves close to him, almost as though he is in a nightclub. The combination of this, half-light, and super-close-up adds some credence to this nightclub-like atmosphere.

Baby, baby, baby, feel your love tonight
Love it when you tell me all the little lies
Come on here and show me up
I am what you want, don't you wanna

We take a rare wide shot to see that more dancers are coming onto the stage, creating something more claustrophobic to add to the nightclub atmosphere. Filius is still front and centre and we return to super-close-up for the second verse.

(Come on) Baby, baby, baby, let's go right ahead
Every single night I want you in my bed
I feel it in you, I always feel your love
Don't you know, I love it when my

Then, suddenly, all the dancing and lighting stops flashing, we instead get the dancers in half-light and one spotlight on Filius in mid-shot, as all of the dancers go into slow motion, whilst Filius turns to face the front of the stage and sing the pre-chorus. It's a little bit A Level Theatre Studies, but we're making things happen tonight to allow the crowd and Filius to focus on the singing.

Body's with you
My body with you

And cue the chorus. That means cue the strobe lighting, the hyper-choreographed dancing, Filius included. The entire section of backing singers, dancers, even some members of the crowd - they all join in. Unlike the mistake some people have made in the past, the team decided not to change anything from the music video, so the crowd could join in with the dance.

I feel your love
So don't you let it stop
Oh, I feel your love
So come on, so come on
I feel your love
So don't you let it stop
Oh, I feel your love
So come on, so come on
Come on baby, just love me, baby, love
So come on, so come on
I love it when you love me baby, come on
So come on, so come on

We join a steadicam on a segway which zooms in quickly into Filius's face, so that only his face is in the screen, the dancers having spread out off the stage. The segway does some laps around him for the second verse whilst he sings it into the camera. It's a lot less sexually charged than the first verse, which is a welcome relief to more conservative viewers out there, but on the final line of the second verse we zoom back out.

Baby, baby, baby, don't you let it stop
Your body next to me, that is all I want
We're the revolution
Come on let's have some fun
Baby, you're the one, I love my

Unlike the first pre-chorus, the dancers now walk on from each side in the half-light slowly. We join a wide shot so we can see that happening, but the final line of the pre-chorus crash zooms in to Filius's face.

Body with you
My body with you

Chorus time again, so cue the strobe lighting, rapid camera shots, and dancing. The dancing is equally as choreographed and complex as it was in the first verse and this allows for a huge amount of continuity.

I feel your love
So don't you let it stop
Oh, I feel your love
So come on, so come on
I feel your love
So don't you let it stop
Oh, I feel your love
So come on, so come on
Come on baby, just love me, baby, love
So come on, so come on
I love it when you love me baby, come on
So come on, so come on

There's no bridge in this song, and it is about to come to something of an abrupt end. So what happens on stage? Well, we get Filius and the dancers getting ever closer to emphasise the nightclub atmosphere.

So come on, so come on

And on the final line of the song, Filius reunites with the dancer he saw first of all, like some romantic love story that only ever happens in fairytales and WorldVision entries. They pause for just a second when they see each other - having been lost in the madness of the rest of the song - and after Filius sings the final line of the song, they kiss.

So come on, so come on

And the song is finished, so FIlius and the dancer hold the kiss for as long as they can get away with.

Finally, the lights come back up and Filius waves to the crowd, screams "thank you", and moves off the stage.

Last edited by Mister X on Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Father Squidward
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 25, 2023
Corporate Police State

Postby Father Squidward » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:31 am

tweni too
father squidward
eff argh why (F.R.Y) by cruella
toon is gee you why by lad gag

Imagethis is cruella

0 too 0:22
as this amazing song starts hot pink lights flood the stage, causing intense nausea in the audience. the backdrop is displays lots of random food just moving around, as well as a bunch of yaks. cruella stand in a kids toy kitchen wearing a filthy apron and disgustingly colourful rainbow. candy is everywhere on the stage.
Greetings, WorldVision
Do not invite me to dinner, you'll regret your decision
Sit down, and don't touch my birthday candy as I rip your cheap wigs with precision

0:22 to 0:42
she starts grating cheese on to fruits and fruit juice in a raw pastry pie case. when she mentions snacks, backup dancers come on and start throwing crisp packets everywhere into the audience and all over the stage.
I am always a fat, raging yak
I am always an F.R.Y
I love eating all food, pass the snacks
Like Dolly, I make berry pie

0:42 too 0:58
every food mention gets displayed on the screen behind cruella, floating into the mouth of a yak that grows bigger every time it eats something.
I'm gonna eat pizza, want some fish pie to finish
My appetite will never diminish (Diminish)
Give me, give me steak with cheese
Feed me, Feed me all of these
Help me be the fat, raging yak that eats it all

0:58 too 1:18
when eggs and cheese are mentioned, raw eggs and cheese are thrown at cruella
Give me some eggs to fry (F.R.Y.)
Give me some cheese to fry (F.R.Y.)
Give me some food to fry (F.R.Y.)
Some food so I won't die

1:18 too 1:43
cruella pours 7up from a saucepan into a cup while the screen displays her 'b.a.k.e'
I drink hot 7UP in my cup
Then eat my B.A.K.E.:
Bread, apples, kimchi, elk, with ketchup
Escargot? Yes please, merci

1:44 too 2:00
same thing as last time ig but different foods
I'm gonna eat pizza, want some fish pie to finish
My appetite will never diminish (Diminish)
Sushi, sushi, don't you tease
Pass me, pass me, pass them peas
Help me be the fat, raging yak that eats it all

2:00 too 2:19
same thing again ig
Some food so I won't die

2:20 too 2:36
the screen just becomes a getty image of cookie dough
I don't want hospital bills or vegan diets
I just want a vat of cookie dough
Food tastes the best when it's hot
As it burns my taste buds so much, that I can't taste the mould

2:36 too 2:54
an in depth video showing seafood being cooked on a hotplate is played on the screen as cruella states whats happening in the video in between the prerecorded vocals
(F.R.Y.) Feed me, feed me
(Grab your chopsticks)
(F.R.Y.) Feed me, feed me
(A skinny shrimp cooks on a hot plate)
(F.R.Y.) Get food inside me
(And the cod's lifeless eyes stare as I consume my meal)

2:54 too 3:03
um... she just sings while the screen has the original display ig
Feed me, feed me, don’t deny
I'll get mad like an F.R.Y.
I'll eat food until I cry
Consuming like an F.R.Y.

3:03 too 3:35
same thing but during the repeat chorus with different lyrics, a pig and a horse are walked onto the stage, as cages of birds are released and fly everywhere, trying to escape the venue
Some food so I won't die
Give me some pig to fry (F.R.Y.)
Give me some horse to fry (F.R.Y.)
Give me some birds to fry (F.R.Y.)
Some food so I won't die

3:35 too 3:52
she just screams this as fourteen grilled cheese sandwiches are thrown at her
Fourteen grilled cheese, I am
HUNGRY! HUNGRY!
HUNGRY! HUNGRY!

she then eats the sandwich she catched and walks off with raw egg yolk seeping out of her disgusting rainbow wig
Last edited by Father Squidward on Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alezian Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alezian Union » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:32 pm

"Alika'i!"
Singer : TEAM 42
Composer : Ra'i A'uraka'i Makarina, Nevena Lo'upa Dadon, Anita Ru'a'a Ancic
Lyricist : Ra'i A'uraka'i Makarina, Nevena Lo'upa Dadon, Anita Ru'a'a Ancic
Tune : Hurricane - Hasta La Vista

TEAM 42 as shown in the Alezian WorldVision promotion site
from left to right: Ra'i, Nevena, and Anita

TEAM 42 is a Pantabang Islander all-female singing trio consisting of Ra'i Auraka'i Makarina (Ra'i), Nevena Lo'upa Dadon (Nevena) and Anita Ru'a'a Ancic (Anita). They are quite recent in terms of their music and their existence in the Alezian (or actually Pantabang Islander) music scene, only uniting since 2022. They haven't released any new albums so far neither physical or digital, and their ARICO.Net account (aka where Alezian Musicians would call "the starting line") only gained traction AFTER they won Operation : WorldVision. This is practically why their victory at Operation : WorldVision and the group being selected to represent the Alezian Union at the ever so important WorldVision Song Contest became quite a shock victory for everyone tuning in to ABA Channel One a few weeks ago.

But then, musical critics are saying that the third season of Operation:WorldVision started with very intense competition with all songs deemed worthy of representing the Alezian Union. However, with how new Team 42 are, those same critics asked the Alezian public to be more careful when setting expectations, considering as well how the trio's victory were a close one compared to the runner-ups Meliana + Miriam who represented the Alezian Union when it hosted in WorldVision 108 in Doorsbreekenstad, DB-SA. Additionally, Andi Dinaiya, Ishaq Daniruddin, Dashnon & Eira, and Iliyas Zhandos (who is more well known as one of the best Alezian olympians who competed and earned medals for the country at the Olympics in the Weightlifting sport) all has serious chances of winning the national preselection.

But even though their victory are unexpected, people will quickly understand why they even won in the first place. Team 42 consists of members who are born and lived together in the same area: Na'udapa. It is in the Dadon region in the Pantabang Islands approximately 75 kilometers away from Bucinnois and is a tribal constituency. While the Pantabang Islanders lived and enjoyed life with freedom and modernism, some of the tribal traditions of Native Alezians still stayed intact including how there is a non-elected, hereditary tribal council. And it's the representative or the chief of Na'udapa, "Madame Na'iparaki", who suggested that Ra'i, Nevena, and Anita (who have great voices and have been friends for a long time) sing together in a group. The three have been singing together in local events since they're children. And even though they have to separate for university, all three of them are back in the game and ready to sing together.

In all due honesty, they didn't expect that they even have the smallest chance of competing at WorldVision. It seems like a distant dream that they might as well get in maybe two to three years but definitely not now. But surprise surprise, now the Alezian Union picks them and hopes that they continued AMIA's wonderful victory especially considering they're a Pantabang Islander group knowing that the Pantabang Islands' record at the contest has been nothing but stellar overall with Immanuel and AMIA, two of four Alezian victories, hailing from the region.

Image Image

"Alika'i!" is Team 42's first ever single and will be a part of their first ever album simply called "T42". The title came from the Alezian language word, storied to be the first ever said in the Alezian language. The word itself doesn't have actual linguistical meaning or linguistical relations to languages part of the Austronesian linguistic family (since it was predicted the word came thousands of years ago from a surprised fascination after the first ever Alezians found the Alezian Isles), but since then it has been roughly translated to "I found it".

The song talks about a woman who is bored with her boyfriend in a relationship, saying how he haven't really found a way to the keys of her heart. But then, she didn't meant to be hostile, but the thing is, it takes even more courage to be together with someone, and the boyfriend just don't have that kind of courage and failed to respect her time and attempts to be available for him.

The song will be the first Alezian entry to be sung in Alezian, more specifically in the Dadonese dialect (yes, there are a lot of dialects INCLUDING dialects that have tones that are predicted to come from Chinese influence, rumour suggesting that there will be a Pantabang Islander entry at OP:WV that will be sung in Tonal Alezian). The song itself received great attention and acclaim from Pantabang Islander fans ESPECIALLY the elderly Native Alezians who normally wouldn't care about WorldVision due to its' "decadence and overreliance on English and French".

Unlike Immanuel and AMIA, Team 42 hasn't actually revealed the contents of their debut album "T42", but they said that it'll include "Alika'i!" plus six other songs that they are currently on the progress of recording, with expectations to be released at March 2024.

Wait, IT'S OUTSIDE?!

The Alezian delegation after reading the host information booklet distributed to delegations

... We'll return to that but for now Akjefulden left a lot of positive remarkable experiences to Team 42 as they arranged what would the whole Aenglish setting for this edition's WorldVision Song Contest would mean for "Alika'i" on live. The team discussed things along with the rest of delegations about the way that the whole thing is held outside, in cold weather (sure the Aenglish guaranteed heating, but the Alezians wanted to take precautions because none of the delegation except for maybe one or two are North Alezian who can withstand the cold. Most of the delegation this time are Pantabang Islander, a beach seaside resort of that is generally warmer than the rest of sub-tropical country but still!).

Nevena made her decision to abandon her perm for the live show due to how she didn't really want to bother perming for the live show and would rather straighten her hair. Ra'i and Anita supported her decision even though they joked that they'll miss her perm. The funicular is a memorable transportation experience knowing that Bucinnois, the big city it has, still didn't have a reliable public transport system (although a cable car is there... but that's mostly for tourists and rumour has it that the recent regional election might push for public transport in Bucinnois).

Akjefuldin could potentially be Bucinnois' lost twin. Both cities has a long history with their seaside and have an appreciation to sealife and the people who puts their life around it (there's an Alezian saying that Alezia cannot live without its' seas, and disrespecting the sea means disrespecting Alezia as a whole). And Team 42 can appreciate that similiarity through their museum, which contains a lot of information. Akjefuldin may as well Bucinnois but colder.

The waterfront (and its' delicious food) became the venue of the Alezian delegations' worries. The live performance of "Alika'i" was intended for indoor live performance, not outdoor. But then, the Alezians have tackled the same issue with NEYSSA at Malta Comino Gozo quite some time ago, and they got second! Maybe Alezians loves adapting to issues they faced. The night of Akjefuldin also became a witness to their decision to maybe try and cover up and revamp the Alezian performance altogether, taking on a more "Winter Wonderland" theme. After all, if "Alika'i" did well, it might be the theme song for this 2023-2024 Astalji (Alezian winter festival that happens from November to February)!

Okay so that's set, but the whole fiasco became "homework" for the ABA: Sometimes countries might want to host things outdoors (and there's nothing wrong with that, heck, even Bucinnois plan to do tha- *cough-cough-hack*), and that means Alezia has to have a contingency plan on making sure their songs can be played EVERYWHERE. Luckily, the whole thing works so fine for the team that the trio are confident again, as rehearsals started and finished, souvenirs bought, it's time for them to come onstage, live, in front of millions of people.

Team 42 isn't trying to repeat AMIA, but if they did, it would be a wonderful miracle that they'll be grateful to repeat once again.

The postcard ended and the scene moved to the faraway view of the stage, with the flags and audiences coming from all around the world celebrating TEAM 42. Ra'i, Nevena, and Anita stood by, taking a deep breath, because for God's sake, the entire country relies on them to not embarrass them tonight, the Alezian Union has been on a strong track, a strong international WorldVision reputation, and one of the best performing on the last 10 contests. The Alezians after a long streak of bad luck decided to take revenge in 102 onwards and now 111 will determine whether that reputation will continue. But now, it's the three, holding on to each other's hands, and then closing their eyes as the lights dim down.

Well, since the three believes in the land that raises them, they hoped that the Alika'i trusts them just like how it trusts them by selecting them to represent it. Okay... here goes nothing.

One by one as the trumpets and beats and claps becomes more and more refined, the lights started activating as well. At first, it's one light. Then two. Then four, and then all of them fastly alternating between each other before for the TV viewers, the screen switched to black and a wall of text like the one below before moving to the picture under it.

Ra'i, Nevena, and Anita gathered together in a small triangle with Ra'i in the front while Nevena, and Anita supported her from the back. Ra'i presented herself as someone intimidating to the viewers at the arena and at home. The trio broke the triangle and entered a horizontal line as they sung the unison part. And as a surprise to most Alezian WorldVision enthusiasts, TEAM 42 went straight to the steadicam. A massive departure from other Alezian entries. Additionally, Ra'i went a little bit extra by touching the steadicam, which is normally unheard of in an Alezian entry.
Mai la'ue-i kaau,
Don't take my,

kaau ma'u oleiio
my words fully

"Ali'au wauyaa ʻe"
"I love you"

Ali'au ʻe, ʻaoli'e ali'au ma'ili
Loving you, not really loving

The line dispersed and reunited into a triangle again, this time with Nevena taking the helm with Ra'i and Anita providing support for Nevena who also looked quite intimidating because honestly, that's good for the votes, ain't it? ANYWAY, the same thing with the previous part repeated where the triangle dispersed into a horizontal line when the unison part comes around.

Mai la'ue-i kaau,
Don't take my,

kaau pewui koki'i
my heart seriously,

"E maliam wauya ʻe"
"I'll care for you"

Maliam wauya ʻe, ʻaoli'e maliam ma'ili
Caring you, not really caring

The triangle then reunited where finally, Anita takes the helm with Nevena and Ra'i with Anita looking more empathetic (with a bit of sass) to the camera who are starting to fly away from the stage, the two reasons of her doing it because it represented the way that people do understood how others feel sometimes saying that it's hard, but honestly, that needed to be supplemented with respect. The other reason is the way that Anita is raised from her childhood, which is to be respectful. But remember, respect is earned in the world of Team 42. But unfortunately, Ra'i took the reign from Anita because well, they tried too hard to understand but still, it didn't create anything productive so the best option is to just say goodbye as the lights flickers on and off like crazy before the main part

A'ike wauhe i'ano paakike'i
I know it's kinda hard

A'ikeano paʻakikei ʻaʻole ʻoe e mahalo iaʻu
But it's kinda hard that you don't respect me

ʻIkia'au heano ʻaiha koupuwa'anai
I know it kinda hurts your heart

Nala'ie ʻoulailo ali'cho ʻe, a maloa ako
So say goodbye, forever and ever

Ra'i, Nevena, and Anita started arranging themselves in a horizontal line again, dancing in a choreography that were done even before the Pantabang Islander regional preselection for Operation:WorldVision itself, two spins, three finger gun gestures with each member doing one in succession with the line starting from Ra'i, Nevena, and finally Anita before all three lifted their hands again before "holstering" their finger guns.

The three repeated the whole thing again but this time facing the right side of the stage which the camera caught on perfectly as the three sung the whole part of this song in unison.

Ma'iolelo "alikaʻi"
Don't you say "alika'i"

ʻAule ʻei loa, ʻaule ʻei louʻa'a
You haven't found it, you really haven't found it

Ma'iolelo "alikaʻi"
Don't you say "alika'i"

Uai'o'e, ʻaha'oe ma'uhou
You have lost, no more chances

Ra'i, Nevena, and Anita crouched in quick succession in that order as the first line in this part were sung before they stood up facing the other way supported by a spin in quick succession this time in the reverse order. Then the three in unison just like their singing moved their hips and shoulders in the same uniform way before the three spun again facing the audience again.
Ma'ikahi wa'
Don't get it the wrong way

ʻAule au ina'i
I don't really hate you

Akuaʻo kea ha'aia
But the way you treat me

'Aihalo kupo ma'iwau e hali'ai!
It makes my head hurt so much I want to go!

The three started dancing a bit randomly but still under the choreography until all three of them gathered in the triangle arrangement just like previously as they stopped to let the TV screens do its magic and the audience applaused for the Alezian entry which is still ongoing right now. The TV screen quickly shows yet another definition of the word "Alika'i" but this time in French, one of the languages of the Pantabang Islands (and also the language of both Alezian winning songs that came from the Pantabang Islands)
Ma'iolelo "alikaʻi"
Don't you say "alika'i"

The black screen stopped and the camera shows the trio and triangle arrangement repeating again, but this time the arrangement is made differently again with Anita taking the helm with Nevena and Ra'i. In all due honesty, Anita is definitely the most nervous between the three. She's the one who shops less, takes less pictures, and instead thinking of how the whole live performance could affect the happiness of those around her, her teammates, her delegation, and her country (including her family who are watching this live... sigh...) but she didn't let that disrupt her as she proved to be composed and collected and fun for the camera.
Mai la'ue-i kaau,
Don't take my,

kaau ma'u oleiio
my words fully

"Ali'au wauyaa ʻe"
"I love you"

Ali'au ʻe, ʻaoli'e ali'au ma'ili
Loving you, not really loving

The three might be worried about how the country and the world will perceive them after this, but they are just having waaay too much fun at this point, as shown in the camera as two cameras are utilized to show Ra'i singing her part to be interrupted with a quick camera move to Nevena, then back to Ra'i and then quickly back to Nevena pointing at the camera elegantly accusing the poor person watching the TV of being a "psycho" (don't worry, she didn't mean it unless it's for those who deserved it)
Mai la'ue-i kaau,
Don't take my,

(ma'ikou ali'au)
(my love seriously)

"E maliam wauya ʻe"
"I'll care for you"

Maliam wauya ʻe, ha-sa'iko we
Caring you, you're a psycho

Anita interrupted the two by pushing the two aside for her to enter through. As Ra'i and Nevena followed Anita and the camera once again zooming outwards from the stage to show the audience and flags enjoying all of the Alezian charm, the camera quickly zoomed back in to show Anita pointing her finger at the screen before fireworks suddenly got shot from the floor in front of Anita and disrupting the view and transitioning the view to the steadicam.

A'ike wauhe i'ano paakike'i
I know it's kinda hard

A'ikeano paʻakikei ʻaʻole ʻoe e mahalo iaʻu
But it's kinda hard that you don't respect me

ʻIkia'au heano ʻaiha koupuwa'anai
I know it kinda hurts your heart

Nala'ie ʻoulailo ali'cho ʻe, a maloa ako
So say goodbye, forever and ever

Ra'i, Nevena, and Anita started arranging themselves in a horizontal line again, dancing in a choreography that were done even before the Pantabang Islander regional preselection for Operation:WorldVision itself, two spins, three finger gun gestures with each member doing one in succession with the line starting from Ra'i, Nevena, and finally Anita before all three lifted their hands again before "holstering" their finger guns.

The three repeated the whole thing again but this time facing the right side of the stage which the camera caught on perfectly as the three sung the whole part of this song in unison.

Ma'iolelo "alikaʻi"
Don't you say "alika'i"

Ma'iolelo "alikaʻi"
Don't you say "alika'i"

Uai'o'e, ʻaha'oe ma'uhou

Ra'i, Nevena, and Anita crouched in quick succession in that order as the first line in this part were sung before they stood up facing the other way supported by a spin in quick succession this time in the reverse order. Then the three in unison just like their singing moved their hips and shoulders in the same uniform way before the three spun again facing the audience again.
Ma'ikahi wa'

ʻAule au ina'i
I don't really hate you

Akuaʻo kea ha'aia
But the way you treat me

The three started dancing a bit randomly, separating from each other, but still under the choreography until all three of them gathered in the triangle arrangement. But the progress of them reaching it is kinda slower this time, because they are actually buying time to make sure the three returned at harmony, at the same time, ready for the next part of the song
Ma'iolelo "alikaʻi"
Don't you say "alika'i"

The steadicam rotates around the trio, the lights around them becoming much more unstable as they kept turning on and off for that amazing dramatization effect. But nevertheless, the three are using that opportunity to give each other screen time and reveal their shorter dress that was hidden under that long trench coat of theirs as they sang together and the camera spins first from Ra'i, Nevena, and finally ending with Anita
Ei ha'ai walumi iau i pa'ai,
Just give me closure,

Ei haiaʻu i ka'aha
Let me go from this pain

Ou a ʻoi,
You and I

Wa'awa ka ho'upa, Wa'awa ka ho'upa, ho'upa`!
Aren't destiny, aren't destiny, destiny!

This time with the decorations of the constant generous fireworks and fire, Ra'i, Nevena, and Anita started arranging themselves in a horizontal line again, dancing in a choreography that were done even before the Pantabang Islander regional preselection for Operation:WorldVision itself, two spins, three finger gun gestures with each member doing one in succession with the line starting from Ra'i, Nevena, and finally Anita before all three lifted their hands again before "holstering" their finger guns.

Ma'iolelo "alikaʻi"
Don't you say "alika'i"

Ma'iolelo "alikaʻi"
Don't you say "alika'i"

Uai'o'e, ʻaha'oe ma'uhou

Ma'ikahi wa'

ʻAule au ina'i
I don't really hate you

Akuaʻo kea ha'aia
But the way you treat me

The trio finally arranged themselves differently this time, with the trio arranging themselves in a vertical line, standing from front to back, starting from whoever sang their solo line first. In this case it's Anita who sang her part and swerved a bit to the right, and then Nevena who swerved a bit to the left, which gave Ra'i the room to sing her solo and the creme de la creme before the last part of the instrumental gave them the time to arrange themselves just like in their promotional photo horizontally from Ra'i, Nevena, and finally ending with Ra'i. The three finished, and like the besties they are from childhood to now representing their country at WorldVision, they posed together as the last fireworks and fire got shot, the instrumental ended, and the audience applaused.

Ma'iolelo "alikaʻi"
Don't you say "alika'i"

Ne dis pas...
Don't say...

Ma'iolelo "alikaʻi"
Don't you say "alika'i"

Zeg je niet "Alika'i"... ooohh...
Don't say Alika'i... oooh....

Ma'iolelo "alikaʻi"
Don't you say "alika'i"

Don't you.... ooohh...
Ma'iolelo "alikaʻi"
Don't you say "alika'i"

Ma'iolelo "alikaʻi"!
Don't you say "alika'i"!

Ra'i, Nevena, and Anita jumped with joy thanking the audience and definitely, since they're Pantabang Islanders, especially with their Native Alezian heritage, they shouted "ALIKA'I!" which received quite the applause from the Aenglish venue today. Maybe the open stage setting isn't so bad after all!

But now they're going to the green room waiting for how the world will react to their entry. Like previously said, they don't have strong expectations especially expecting to repeat AMIA's victory, but maybe, with performance like that? Who knows? Anything can happen in the WorldVision Song Contest.

....MEANWHILE....

READ LEFT TO RIGHT, CHARACTER FROM LEFT TO RIGHT ARE PHYSICAL REPRESENTATIONS OF THE MEMBERS OF THE ALEZIAN UNION (LtoR: Pantabang Islands, South Alezia, North Alezia, and Mosin-Nagan)

National reception of the entry's live performance are quite positive! Pantabang Islanders believed that TEAM 42 has a great chance, South Alezians (even though they're still bitter about losing Operation:WorldVision by a THIN margin) liked the entry and hoping that a South Alezian can win WorldVision one day, North Alezians take a much more careful approach (as like to everything) to expect the worst (and enjoy the preparation of expecting the best), and the Mosin-Naganese wondered why they never entered WorldVision for the Alezian Union again since Solidarity's "Anomie". They've won, but since then? They haven't won OP:WV, the only region to never win. Maybe one day. Just like one day we'll see a South Alezian raise a WorldVision trophy for the union.

But for now, they're definitely hoping the best for TEAM 42.

Last edited by Alezian Union on Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:35 pm, edited 11 times in total.
THE ALEZIAN UNION

Member of the WMCAverse
Waisnor / Malta Comino Gozo / Carrelie / ALEZIAN UNION

Read The Alezian Union: The Comic HERE!

Winner of Worldvision 94,103, and 107
Runner-up of Worldvision 83 (through NA), 104, and 105, WHF 55, and JWHF 9

Plangainer
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 07, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Plangainer » Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:43 am

Back after a particularly long hiatus in the contest, it couldn't be helped that the previous performance had lived up to a particular standard, but not to the eyes of the biggest fans and the delegation themselves after a horrifyingly strict and intensive preparation that came to be their most recent former act, and it didn't come without a sense of embarrassment as they went back home with a little sense of dread as to what had gone wrong to suddenly dip a few spaces down from where they stood.

Melodine was still their most effective tool, undoubtedly the most well-organized and familiar title in Plangainer as of modern days, inspiring creative art and acts across the nation to come together to show in a contest of wits and musical talents both newbie artists who only recently began singing professionally alongside the most veteran singers known to the country — a fair fight between these individuals vying over glory while also trying hard against each other to either win the trophy or a ticket to the contest, maybe both.

But there was always the intrigue of what-if's, how's and trials that incurred to make their formula even more entertaining yet with a goal that would be purely concentrated on one thing, as soon the national format split and a new show was in the pot to cook as the brains behind the curtain thought of ways to make such an event work with their new and fresh ideas crafting a brand new show to come so ever soon to be the sister/brother of the national song festival, but not without having to make breaks and sacrifices along the way with what they already had on hand, and until the three songs came across the television screens before the audience of millions with Aurelia Wei being one of the few, it was a time to make quick haste to choose and not waste a moment in doing so.

♪ "PAMELUOS" ♪
    Performed By: Aurelia Wei

Written by: Aurelia Wei
    Producing by: Aurelia Wei

Mixed By: AIM Studios, Diamond Records
    Published By: AIM Studios

➤ Song Runtime: 2 Minutes, 21 Seconds

Description:
    Returning for a second attempt at the WorldVision Song Contest, the rising star from Banou had long since teased for a potential re-run to a successful moment on stage
    with her previous entry in collaboration with another artist — Harrison Osborne — whom both stormed the public and jury vote to gain a reputable third place, the very
    highest placement attained for Plangainer since.

The song, following a somber yet melancholic issue of self-preservation and issue of dishonesty was picked by the public through an online vote as this act was chosen
    outside of the standard national selection format for the second time ever, as AIM (the participating broadcaster) prepares a successor to Melodine — their song festival
    of which winning acts may choose to represent Plangainer in Worldvision — with core intent to focus songs and artist of whom participate to only attain the flag and fly
    it high on the global stage with their songs and stories.

Listen to the song HERE! - See the music video HERE!

Aurelia Wei
(2024)
About The Artist Aurelia Wei

Prelude and Introductory from Mariensbourg, Carrelie (WorldVision Song Contest 104)

Her legacy that left her leaving with a shower of champagne and laughter put her high on a pedestal back in Plangainer after the 104th edition of the WorldVision Song Contest, the mention of coming third amongst
the most competitive artists from around the world made the spirit fly higher than ever before, with Harrison and her returning home with the flags in hand and to a parade of journalists and surveying fans from
all over. Aurelia made her mark at the contest having been the first-ever participant from Banou, putting herself forward as a national icon of pride for the little island even if it was only on the podium without the
gold medal.

She is often remembered back home for the simple but iconic performance that earned her and Harrison both Plangainer's highest placing ever before and is widely seen as an artistic success for Banou as a whole, her contribution and influence has brought the little region and island to the map with even some international businesses showing remarkable interest in working with her as a partner of collaborative arts projects and events, allowing her to maintain a steady lifestyle back home without having to require a considerable amount of her life, focusing her freely to work on something new and evoking at which her ideas changed for something different compared to their previous act — having been inspired from experiences endured by one of her closest relatives, Aurelia was pushed to create something to let the story be heard by those she could inspire to break and fight out against the odds that have once held them down like chains, to never feel afraid to express themselves and find a way to fight back if necessary, to become their own hero and liberate themselves from lies and illusions built by those in power to maintain control.

"There's beauty in truth and I guess, I knew what people thought and what was out there to say. I just thought that sometimes it doesn't feel fair to bow down to someone's fake ideals because you were afraid of what they might do [...] but once you realize that they take this advantage of you, they're using you and playing a game against you, then that's when the real fight begins."

Music was truly a proficient way to spread a lot of emotions around as it reached all types of ears — good or bad. Songs were meant to move anyone who listened, be they young or old, male or female, and in many occasions, Aurelia found it easier to convey a message than to verbally communicate through conversations as her mind was constantly rushing at the thought of all possibilities and it wasn't easy to put them all into a simple phrase, she had always found a way to express herself through her art which helped her develop the way she presented herself on paper, and much like her newest song, she wanted there to be a reason behind everything she created and why.

"And eventually I got a call, saying they picked me as one of three potentials to represent Plangainer, and that the vote would be done. It felt weird since they'd have us physically be in the competition back then, but once I spoke to the guy on the other end I kind of let out a breath of relief, but I wasn't sure just YET if I'd go."

Returning back for the second time to the WorldVision Song Contest felt different for Aurelia — she didn't have the same nerves and anxieties of performing at the front of a crowd of thousands, a sea of cameras and millions watching across the nation and beyond as she did before; she was more mature in terms of her life now. She'd grown and seen plenty of what the world could offer outside of her island and the continent, traveled abroad to different cities and states and got to understand a lot of things through her experiences with fans, music and those who worked closely by her side, it wasn't easy but she felt a sense of fulfillment knowing just how far she's come now.

But of course, even however long the musician might have had the title and fame that came with it, the WorldVision Song Contest will always hold a memorable spot in Aurelia's heart which made the decision much easier for her to rejoin the event for her sake. Having seen just how influential the competition could be and it's impact around the world, Aurelia didn't want to deny herself or anyone else in Banou that sort of chance — the recognition, the pride and joy of being there and representing the little island that stood for so much more despite what was presented on the surface — she wanted to let them know there's more to what her little autonomous island held apart from the vista and the culture.

And for that, Aurelia Wei came back.

· ❇ Before The Contest ❇ ·

The appealing vistas and gorgeous winter scenes that greeted them as the plane flew across and above the patches of clouds below, the vast forests that was blanketed in the fresh snow that had fallen days prior, gazing out as the horizon drew an almost greenish blue with the afternoon sun that seemed to rise and slowly drop lower, the sunrays shining down from behind and into the cabin of the plane, as morning rose for early preparations. Aurelia had finally touched down in Akjefuldin, high hopes and promising excitement awaited for her arrival, along with the others of her representing delegation as the found the hotel they were going to be staying in for the very occasion.

g into after a long time in the sunny skies down in the southern hemisphere — causing her to nearly go into vocal rest to protect her voice from further strain due to the dropping temperatures and dry winds that had caused her throat to hurt. Thankfully, they didn't need to perform much on their own accord as rehearsals and their drafted staging ideas were already long since been rehearsed back at the broadcaster studios and in Banou. It was a lucky pick to get something thick for the coats that they had bought collectively for all delegate members around Plangainer before departing for something like Akjefuldin. Banou is often warm or temperate all throughout the year, and it being right besides Plangainer meant the southern regions towards Orley had warm and bristling hot temperatures all year round, something that her body had gotten used to for a little too long.

She'd spent her times back in Banou to write song material for the contest itself and for the nation's broadcaster, some of her work ending up in Melodine once or twice but of course with varying degrees of success — something Aurelia was thankful of. Being in Banou wasn't really something she had chosen by chance, instead it was more of being homesick and missing her hometown than anything else, and of course with an additional degree or two from Eridu, there was no shame in returning back to her lovely coworkers in town, lovely hours for working and lovely customers to cater to.

Knowing the very rule from her Head of Delegation to not let social media take your attention away, she always loved to check in with social media but tried to stray away from going too far deep into posts that would react to her music videos or talk about her on a blogging site or so — she did try, and had done great thus far in avoiding too many drama and controversies as best as possible, and as an artist with a more or less stable career, she felt her self-respect would grow better with less attention on the internet to focus what mattered purely on her. She didn't mind it as much as people would have thought, instead, she preferred to keep the drama to a minimum and not to be too caught up in everything that came with the attention from it all, time was a valuable thing and some people ought to waste it with something so frivolous and fleeting.

And as quick as the cold came, it passed her by nearing second day as she went out to visit the local sights in Akjefuldin, something she didn't have much of the chance of doing way back when before she left for university. Her phone would ring with notifications from the delegates, social media and such while being met with groups of people who welcomed her with kind requests for pictures and signatures, Aurelia always willing to stop by for a small chat as it was her normal way to get along and keep herself and the mind active outside of the usual creative sphere that sometimes would be an overwhelming pool to swim in, mixed with something new that felt like fresh air to breathe in. Passing by the occasional one or two other acts who'd perform on the stage herself, there were a little hilarious moments to share as their delegations would mingle around together before returning to the hotel rooms to get the very much needed beauty sleep and rest — after all, a good artist never neglects the good ol' R.E.M cycle, they are more than just a pretty face.

· ❇ Welcome To The Stage ❇ ·

The contest itself would go along just fine without much troubles, the broadcasters having the very much needed rehearsal days for artists to perform their songs and staging as much as possible — the broadcaster being strict on what can or cannot happen in regards to technicality, with the safety of both the act and the other participants being the first priority, something Aurelia thought was a great way of running the show and making sure to take extra care for anything that could go wrong. But she wasn't alone, of course, her Head of Delegation were ever attentive in guiding her and keeping her focused with the task ahead and making sure things were as perfect as they could be, but sometimes a little drift away to some fun mindless entertainment wouldn't hurt every once in a while in between the breaks as eventually it occurred that all delegates ended up playing a small verison of Hot Potato in their costume and preparations room which eventually led to Aurelia Wei kicking her shoe off in an attempt to catch it and it ending up between the door and frame of another delegate whom was going outside for a bathroom break — and oh boy, the laughs and the amount of apologizing were not to be forgotten, Aurelia would have to laugh at it for years to come if she wanted to eventually forget it.

There was a lot of costume deliberation in the meanwhile, what was appropriate for the stage and what was appropriate for the song that had been written for it. Aurelia's idea would be for a mix of dark blue and greyish-white themed dress with a splash of some decorative ribbon with her team doing the finishing touches on the outfit she had planned — it wasn't too extravagant as they didn't want to waste away too much on costumes and rather try and find ways to present a more humble and approachable look for the performance itself. Of course, a lot of them drew inspiration what was adorned in the music video, it was an effective and essentially cheap goal to go for since they already had most of it ready and didn't have to start from scratch when deciding what kind of look Aurelia Wei was going to be giving, simplicity had it's many strong points in making things look great and it would do the artist no shame in the long run, as they all said.

There were more songs to be performed and Aurelia had decided that it was for the best to not listen to a lot of the other competing songs, trying to not influence herself with anything other than her own thoughts, her own ideas, her own work — which she hoped the audience would adore and fall in love with as it had happened in Melodine the previous time around. She knew one or two songs already, either by incident or thanks to the radio station at the stores that she often went shopping in, but nothing much more than that, the song that she herself were performing and the details of it were held a little more secluded as they wanted to really surprise everyone once the snippets of their rehearsals would be uploaded on the official WorldVision Song Contest's Youtube channels — there were a couple of days left until the live shows and Aurelia Wei couldn't help but feel the thrill of being back again and seeing the people there once more.

The stage itself was new, VERY new, but looked absolutely incredible once rehearsals had gotten under way and the delegation was more than satisfied with everything, a smile forming on Aurelia's face as the head of delegation gave them the go-ahead on their costumes and their staging ideas — which they would have to follow to the T as that it was their last corrective opportunity to fix any problems or timelines on account of it being a big demand to keep changing the staging after every available rehearsal, especially the day before the live shows.

It was all or nothing, Aurelia Wei was confident and the delegation shared the same sentiments as the rehearsals went along without any troubles. A new stage, a new experience, a new journey — hopefully for Aurelia, the end result would be the very same as it was just during her years back in Melodine.

· ❇ Good Luck ❇ ·

And as quickly as it arrived, the night of the very live broadcast had rolled around and it was time for Aurelia Wei to take the stage — she had practiced and prepared for a long time, any that remained in terms of hiccups or minute mistakes had been corrected to their best and Aurelia, along with her delegation, was ready for the contest.
Being back on the stage would always bring a wave of emotions with it, something Aurelia was thankful for was having support back at home, her parents, friends, coworkers — there was a lot of fans from Banou and Plangainer that she had encountered during the days at Akjefuldin. There were quite a few familiar faces here and there, but that was a positive thing — the atmosphere was always a good one and there was rarely any hostility or negative things from people Aurelia had the chance of meeting on her way around in rehearsals, the artists were all very supportive and respectful, and that was a big point of Aurelia's liking for these kind of events, it truly was a world of it's own with people from all across the world and in a way, that made the whole contest experience much better than Aurelia would have initially imagined or guessed it would be before she stepped on stage back during the 104th edition of the contest.

The ever-so familiar hymn of the IBA played as the crowd roared into life and the hosts of the event appeared on stage, introducing themselves as they did year after year as well as the audience, welcoming the fans and audience present for the show, the lights dimmed and the stage was ready to light up with life and colours with every single act — Aurelia Wei being the twenty fourth artist of the lineup this year, as it usually was an increasing amount of artists to compete with one another in the battle for the trophy, it wasn't easy but the thrill and excitement of it was a strong fuel for the motivation to keep pushing forwards, even when it had seemed a little daunting or impossible to accomplish the very goal in the beginning. For the first time she felt content, confident, it was finally all coming together with a lot of hard work and efforts for a long, long time — she was glad it was coming to fruition.

The hosts and broadcaster crew were quick on their feet and soon after, the very first act went on stage, music blasting in full volume from the speakers as they began to sing, the green room moving along to each passing act as time went faster and faster — Aurelia Wei finding herself on the very next act. A few deep breaths, the music had died down and the next act was to begin their performance, in which during this time that the performers AFTER the next act were ushered for preparation, as no one could delay the show's progress any longer than absolutely needed as to avoid the next act or act after from waiting any longer than strictly needed, since the broadcast can't be any flexible without making the show drag on and on.

Casually skipping through the corridor, she didn't have the same amount of nerves as back when she was making her very debut performance, now she was more familiar with the whole thing — she had learned a lot on the contest and how it was handled, her own performance and how things moved and the very little times the broadcaster would allow anything that wasn't according to the script to occur in terms of unplanned events during a performance. In-ears, microphones, final costume checks and warm up exercises, Aurelia Wei found herself back at the wings, the bass of the preceding act's music thumping in her chest as it penetrated the thick concrete walls surrounding them and making her heart beat to the tempo — a familiar sensation to have, it brought back memories of her performance way long when with Harrison, but this time with her and just her alone.

It was time to get the show on the road, with TEAM 42 from Alezian Union ending their performance with applause, the crew worked in a blink of an eye to fix up the stage before Aurelia Wei entered, shrouded in darkness as the postcards VT now played across the screens, the audience quieted down after the former's act as she takes a few seconds to clear her throat and take in a couple of deep breaths before the end of the video cued the sound in her ear to click in rhythm.

"Intro in 3, 2, 1..."

The shot opens on Aurelia Wei, standing in the midst of smoke illuminated by backlighting from the very crest of the stage right behind her in the colors of purple and blue, her dress — a white coloured ribbon-decorated dress with semi-transparent long sleeve and silverish grey patterns — shining ever so beautifully as it catches the light and makes it look even more vibrant to the eye, the light silk of her dress as it moved down in a gradient to a dark navy blue at the ends flowing in the wind cast by a machine just behind her, lightly lifting the veil off the ground as it gracefully swam in the ocean of fog around her feet, her face illuminated in a gentle shade of white as the camera slowly moves away to open more of the vast stage into the shot.

The LED screens beneath her feet, just about visible through the layer of white smoke beneath imitated the flowing blue ocean in a slow motion effect, rippling gently from where she stood, as the shot dissipated in a blur to a rail camera at the crest of the stage that showed Aurelia in one focused spot right above her at the bottom left of the screen, looking upwards ahead whilst the camera caught her silhouette with a soft navy blue glow, casting the outline of her figure and face, the fog flowing in an almost magical fashion around her as the shot moves slowly from left to right as the music had brought her to the chorus, the shot moving just as slowly with the music as it her voice filled the empty chamber that awaited for her.

Nuleisk galvą ir įkvėpk tik giliau
Šaltas drebulys - palei sielą
Vasaros lietus, gelia kaip peiliai
Rest your head down and take a deep breath
A cold shiver runs down into your soul
Light summer rain turns into sharp blades

The broadcast would then crossfade to a shot of a gliding Steadicam slowly peeking out of the thick navy blue-enriched fog in a circular orbit around her for the second part of her first verse, showing the performer in an angle still maintained at the lower half of the screen with lights cast from the audience blurred into large hexagonal spots as she dominated the right side of the screen this time, the camera later panning out closer towards her once it approached her at the very front before moving away to sink back into the fog around her, again only seeing hints of what lay ahead while singing softly in a hushed voice, but this time around, the lighting slowly began to reveal more of her features to the screen while keeping to the same color scheme the song had started out with.

Jų portretai, tapytas mitu
Pelenų krūva - vadinti dovana
Supuvusiai sielai, mintančiai iš tavęs
Their own portraits painted with myths
Turned a pile of ash - call it my gift
To a rotten soul that fed on your love

There was a presence in the background now, the sound of a tapping and clicking synth as the aura also kicked into a little more life, tiny star-like flickers decorating the space behind her and around the very front of the stage as she slowly walked forth, stepping her dark blue heels in time with the music, the fog pushing away as a top-down shot caught her casting a wave-like effect beneath her, as she took slow but steady steps towards the front of the openness, as an array of vertical strips lined themselves in a peculiar shape at her sides, all of which seemed to slowly descend into a horizontal placement as she sang the pre-chorus in a more firm tone this time.

Cutting back to camera just off to the side of the stage, she eluded a little more finesse into her lyrics through gentle gestures while keeping in topic with her song, a couple of spotlights focused on Aurelia Wei as the LED tiles now changed color to a darker shade of deep violet and golden thunderbolt-like strikes deep in the shallows, mimicking the rain effect that slowly began to move in time with the ambient stab of the synth and the introduced percussion after the second half of her pre-chorus.

Liūdną gruodžio naktį darosi šalta
Kai vilkai riaumoja, bet nekanda
Ir kai jų daina nutils šiai nakčiai
Pradėk stoti aukšta ir išsigąs
It gets cold on a sad December night
When wolves howl but they never try to bite
And their song falls silent for the night
Start to stand tall and they will show their fright

As the music then dissipates into a single sound of a bell chip, so do the rest of the lights blink into darkness as a flare behind her on the backdrop kept a presence, one of which wasn't seen in the beginning of the song but not long after would change into chromatic spectacle as the song kicked into a real bump and kick, her voice harmonized with accompanying female backing vocalists that blended into resonant perfection with Aurelia's voice, with the fog now bleeding through a very strong color of purple and gold that waved from where she had stood, cascading in a wave to the farthest points of the floor tiles every time the vocalists hit the a-ha's, Aurelia moving her feet ever so close as she dragged the veil along her side, raising it up before setting it down once she leant down to look into a rising front cam that showed the backdrop in its full pearlescent flared glow that showed the darkness that lingered away.

Kiek tau kartu pameluos, a-ha, a-ha
Nes tave tik pazaluos, a-ha, a-ha
Pasakyk kiek buvo prarasta, sakyk, tiek tau prarasta
Kiek tau kartu pameluos,

Tau nesustos
It won't be the only lie, a-ha, a-ha
It'll hurt until you die, a-ha, a-ha
Just tell me how much have you lost, tell me, how much have you lost
It won't be the only lie

Never just one

The lights fall back to their secluded dimness, but this time accompanied with a slight pulse along with the percussions that now accompanied the backing track of the verse, at which point would fall into an unnatural silence before being filled by a three-tap synthetic stab of which would be exaggerated by vertical volumetric shines cast behind Aurelia as the cameras cut to the furthest wide shot which captured the whole stage for the duration of that sequence, before returning to a descending crane that observed down at the front of the stage from above, capturing her walking a few steps back as shadowy figures encircled the singer in the mystical flowing sea beneath her feet, which seemingly fit in the very veil of the lines accompanying the section of the song, before cutting to a Steadicam that would see a faint reflection of her in the tiling, her hands gently flowing as her image would disappear as the spotlights illuminating her dip to dark.

Tavo dangus tampa tamsus
Slėpkis giliai, plauk kaip ryklys
Kai jie įkąs, tavęs nebus
Your sunny sky gets a bit dark
Hide in the deep, swim like a shark
Once their jaws bite, then you'll be gone

The camera swipes to the side as it transitioned to another which would see Aurelia briskly stepping through the thick smoke, the arena illuminated in royal purple as it shone down towards the stage, moving inwards and away from the edge as she approached a pedestal carved like realistic stone, decorated in patches of yellowish marble that would pulse to the kick of the track, descending down to reflect in the video content down like a tidal wave, the fog dissipating to let more of her be seen as she was being shown at distant angles, each reflecting her with different colored lights to her attire and facial features, stepping foot on the podium as a projection cast itself onto the veil behind her, like dissipating stars and wisps that turned into a galaxy-like array of light and spectrum to blend with the content below the podium itself.

Atverk šias akis, pamatysi melą
Neprireiks daug, aš pažadu
Kaip ir paukštis, negiedok jų giesmių
Open those eyes, see through their lies
Won't take much, I'll promise you
Like a bird, don't sing their sick songs

The song returns to the build up leading to the chorus once more, this time with more dramatic shifts in lights and tone, Aurelia Wei moving along with the wave-like motions the LED screens cast beneath her as it shifted between waves of golden lights with the veil that waved along and the dark purple as a deep and rich glow would follow from the very podium she stood upon, the shot switching from aerial to low shot perspectives every so often as she swayed to the rhythm of her song, arm and hand reached out whenever it was convenient to her to accentuate the feeling in the very song, her voice getting stronger and more focused while she slowly made out from the depths of the fog, her entire form visible for the first time in the entire act.

Liūdną gruodžio naktį darosi šalta
Kai vilkai riaumoja, bet nekanda
Ir kai jų daina nutils šiai nakčiai
Pradėk stoti aukšta ir išsigąs
It gets cold on a sad December night
When wolves howl but they never try to bite
And their song falls silent for the night
Start to stand tall and they will show their fright

Aurelia Wei then turns to the left, her side profile casting a long shadow outward into the arena as the song returns to the chorus with a more stronger rush of visual accompaniment and illumination, as a golden color now began to slowly take over the purple with the LED both moving in a more exaggerated fluid motion in waves and pulsing to the drum kick of the beat, the artist reaching her hands up high as the shot panned out further away from her figure, her voice a little louder than the backing vocals this time around as the stage reveled for each a-ha of her chorus, Aurelia Wei putting on a face of confidence and determination, as the song was starting to slowly reach its very end, but not without another repeat of the chorus to follow right after before finishing the job.

Kiek tau kartu pameluos,

Tau nesustos
It won't be the only lie

Never just one

And as the chorus repeats for the very last time, the stage no longer resembled the wave theme it did in the beginning, a circular flood of cloud-like lights now cast in gold and white illuminated the arena and the LED panels on stage itself as Aurelia Wei stood strong in the midst of it, her silhouette illuminated in a beautiful white as she reached a hand out that would light up her very face — taking her efforts and pushing a strong end as she descended from her pedestal at the remaining half of the song, stepping down once more with a Steadicam gliding around her as it captured her organized light choreography in order to feel alive and move along with the tune, but of course there was one change she had made to the end chorus and she intended to variate her ending as much as she could for the live performance for it to not feel as bleak as she hoped when initially rehearsing the song, this time around, her voice sung the words a-ha with longer drawn out higher notes, singing the last few words the same way it was heard in the studio version before ending off with a different line that felt a little less repetitive for the act but fitting all the same to what was intended.

Kiek tau kartu pameluos,

Kas patikės?
It won't be the only lie

Who will believe?

The song ends as a long white vertical strip on the vertical stage LED put Aurelia out from the darkness that immediately engulfed the stage, the cheers and claps of the audience roaring with applause and cheers as Aurelia Wei took a few more seconds to stay in her pose before breaking out and letting out a warm laugh as she blew a kiss towards the audience — her heart beating fast and her adrenaline rushing, as she could feel a little sweat form at her temples from the intensity of the performance, it felt amazing to finally share what she had planned and written up for the song itself, a mixture of confidence and nervousness were a little funny to have, as Aurelia looked around and let out a soft giggle into the microphone, "Thank you very much Aenglide! Thank you all!"

And then it was time for her to return to the green room after such an incredible moment with the crowd in the arena, as the next act prepared their performance and the stage crew moved the props away to make room for the next delegation to step forth.

Last edited by Plangainer on Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
WV98: Achieved 15th Place
WV99: Achieved 9th Place (Top 10)
WV103: Achieved 6th Place (Top 10)
WV104: Achieved 3rd Place (Podium)
WV106: Achieved 4th Place (Top 5)
WV108: Achieved 10th Place (Top 10)
WV111: Achieved 4th Place (Top 5)

Illdonya
Envoy

Founded: Jan 11, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby Illdonya » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:37 pm

25. Illdonya
WENDY - "Bop!"
Tune: NAYEON - POP
Lyricists: Jay Wai Pi • Composers: Jay Wai Pi, Seng-Mi
Language(s):English, Chinese

In short, times have not been fairing well for Illdonya. After the death of their queen, the entire country has been in severe turmoil, to say the least. Fortunately this political turmoil has settled calmly with the established new President, Colleen Wu. Despite her best efforts, the country face economic troubles. With the chaos that originally ensued, the economy started to deteriorate. Most of Illdonya's economy comes from the tourism industry, with fishing economy coming in second; and when the chaos hit, tourism rapidly decreased, many avoiding the country in fear of the danger from annoyed citizens. With the collapse of one of the largest economic sectors in Illdonya, the price of goods rapidly increased, as fewer and fewer companies wanted to cater towards the unstable country. With hyperinflation, the Illdonyan government stopped funding IGBA as well as a sharp decline on donors. IGBA only kept their English news channel, consequently shutting down all their other channels.

However, JWP Entertainment saw this as an opportunity. JWP Entertainment wanted to spread their global reach across the world, and there was no better way in doing so by participating in the World Hit Festival and the WorldVision Song Contest. JWP Entertainment is an Illdonyan subsidiary of the massive South Korean entertainment company, YGee Entertainment. YGee then donated money to fund the World Hit Festival participation (as well as the WorldVision participation, but that is later on), barely making the entry cutoff, with the broadcaster TOBUK allowing IGBA to participate. YGee Entertainment and their subsidiary, JWP Entertainment hope that this will shed light on their Korean and Illdonyan groups. IGBA stated that they're delighted to be working with the YGee Entertainment and JWP Entertainment team, saying that "We have enough funding to continue on."

Artist: WENDY

Cao Wan-shan, known as Wendy (her English name) stylized as WENDY, is a Illdonyan singer based in South Korea. She auditioned for YGee's reality TV show called "I'm Gonna Be a Star!" when she was 17 years old. She managed to get accepted and to her surprise, she managed to make it to the final, placing 4th overall. Since she placed in the top 7 in the competition, she will get to debut in the South Korean girl group, TO-NICE. The group managed to hit many global songs such at "VV", "Feels The" and "Dislikey". However YGee wanted to appeal towards more western countries, and they had the brilliant idea to participate in World Hit Festival. Since their most famous group, TO-NICE had an Illdonyan member, there was no better way than to send her through Illdonya, to represent at the World Hit Festival. They sent her to their Illdonyan subsidiary, JWP Entertainment, who produced her song with input from YGee Entertainment. To appeal to Illdonyan audiences, JWP Entertainment decided to utilize Illdonyan-Chinese in their entry.

This is WENDY's first solo album (the album is also title "Bop!"), with YGee Entertainment curating the rest of the songs. The song has already been released in Korea and Illdonya, with the second title track, "Killing Me Bad" peaking at number 6 in Korean Charts and number 10 in Illdonyan charts. Her song "Bop!" is a song about partying but has a deeper meaning about how one should be self-confident and be proud of who they are. She said in a statement "My song is talks about how we truly are, especially in a time where people are more insecure about their looks, my song represents the idea that you can be whatever you wish to be, and no matter what you are, or how you look, you matter and are a queen, king, or monarch! Stay positive!"

ImageAlbum cover

In Fláišlichehori, Tödlichebujoku

The song was first entered to the WHF in Fláišlichehori in the grand country of Tödlichebujoku. She planned to be the second Illdonyan act to ever perform in the WHF. They had low expectations due to budget cuts and while the last Illdonyan participation in the WHF placed last.
WENDY finally arrived in Fláišlichehori after her whole team from YGee and JWP had arrive to transport the background props for the stage. For the next few days, she practiced her dance constantly. On a VLive (A place where K-Pop idols can livestream to their fans), WENDY said she quite liked the city. The entire TO-NICE group was there as well, since the group was on their "Sunlight Moonrise" tour of the new EP titled "Sunlight Moonrise", with the title track of, you guessed it, "Sunlight Moonrise". TO-NICE posted a vlog of Fláišlichehori of the girls riding horses and trying Todlichibujoki food. Jaehyo, a member of TO-NICE, said on the vlog that she loved the city and she found the experience extremely fun, she commented especially saying that the Todlichebujoki people are very kind, and fun to be around; she stated that the vibe here is fun, and would recommend others to visit. Two days after the vlog was posted, it was the day of World Hit Festival. WENDY prepared to perform.

It went disastrous. Due to a rushed scheduling and poor Wendy being overworked by her agency, her performance was subpar. Her sloppy moves were also possibly caused to poor equipment; YGee and JWP Entertainment both released statements that the clothing was of poor quality, to the point where the clothes could've broken during the performance. To prevent this, Wendy had to perform in a cautious way leading to the lack of synchronization and sloppiness. Wendy eventually placed second to last.

In Akjefuldin, Aenglide

JWP Entertainment and their parent company, YGee Entertainment, were a bit ashamed of their low placement. This only encouraged them to strike for a higher impact. The WorldVision Song Contest is a contest even more massive than the World Hit Festival—and by that logic, it should reach more people around the world. For JWP and YGee Entertainment, they found this as a perfect opportunity to connect with more fans and spread their outreach across the world. Only something blocked the way—money. IGBA had barely any money left, and the World Hit Festival unfortunately did not garner many views or benefit to IGBA. However if YGee Entertainment and JWP Entertainment fund IGBA's participation to the WorldVision Song Contest, it could bring back millions of viewers, considering that WorldVision was extremely popular in Illdonya, notably in WorldVision 102. After a 3 edition break, Illdonya will be back with a bigger budget than before, thanks to funding from JWP Entertainment and YGee Entertainment.

Since the announcement of Illdonya's return to the WorldVision Song Contest. Many audience member showed their support on various social medias excited to see Illdonya's return, especially since the rather low placings in the editions before Illdonya's hiatus. Their sudden return will hopefully garner attention back to WorldVision Song Contest whilst hoping for a better placement. IGBA hopes they will be able to meet all their current standards and place exceptionally well. "This could be the edition where Illdonya could have their higher placement!" Says Wendy in high hopes. Jay Wai Pi, the CEO of JWP Entertainment hopes to beat the 3 most recent Illdonyan participations; although they are quite low thresholds (26th in 105, 12th in 106, 20th in 107 [7th in Semi-final 1]).

Before going on stage Wendy took a deep breath, and got ready to perform.

Performance

The song begins with Wendy sitting in the middle with 4 dancers surrounding her. She's wearing a red shirt and red pants with thin red ribbons in her hair. The background has pastel blue steps on the sides and the letters "WENDY" in the middle, with more steps placed on top. These blue steps are in the background and Wendy isn't standing on them. There are some pastel blue balloons scattered behind Wendy, but in front of the steps. Behind the steps, there are these pastel blue ribbons with sparkly blue circles along the ribbon, these ribbons are hung behind the steps. The dancers, contrasting Wendy, are wearing white shirts and a white face masks (as a precaution for Covid 19). Both Wendy and the dancers are wearing long flashy red boots and long flashy red gloves. Wendy is using a head mic, rather than a handheld one for her convenience.

The camera zooms closely to Wendy's face, only so that the audience on TV can only see Wendy and the dancers' hands. Wendy faces away from the audience while the dancers point towards here and open and close their fists like they are squeezing a stress ball. The audience cheers excitedly as the camera slowly zooms out of Wendy's face. Wendy abruptly turns around so that her beautiful smile is able to be seen by the camera.
Wendy and her dancers' stand up as Wendy starts to sing. Wendy and her dancers' move their hip back and forth as they point their finger to the camera. They then move the hand up, so that they are now pointing up, then quickly move their hand to their chest as if they're praying. The hands move up and separate when they get close to their necks making a "V" which is fluidly transitioned to their hands touching the back of their head. They pivot their hip to one side and quickly nod to the beat.
When Wendy starts to sing the second line, Wendy and her dancers' pivot their hips to the other side while Wendy brings one hand to the side of her hip that's being pushed out. Wendy brings her spare hand to her face to touch her lips. Meanwhile, the dancers, instead of putting their hands on their hips, they thrust their arms backward twice. They then all jump at the same time, bring their hands up, clasping them together, making an oval with their arms. As Wendy says "Bop, bop, bop" at the end of the 2nd line, everyone touches their cheeks with their index finger to match the "Bops".
When Wendy starts to sing the beginning of the third line, Wendy and her dancers' bring their right hand and drag them across their chest, from left to right. They do the same with the left hand. Then they almost to the same thing again with the right hand, but instead of dragging it to the right side of the chest, they bring it up next to their face and make and "OK" sign with the hand. They then twirl around and move their hands back and forth in front of their chest.
For the fourth line, Wendy (as well as her dancers) begins by pulling out her palm of her left hand while her right hand acts like she is picking a cherry by the stem. She moves her right hand back and forth to the beat, like swinging the cherry back and forth. When Wendy sings the final line of the song, Wendy and her dancers each squat down and stretches out each of their arms. They each cross their left are with there right, and open their hands quickly and immediately closing them; like the hand gesture for something that is flashing or blinking. They do this hand motion while standing up from the squat and when they are fully upright, they would bring their arms up as well. This is all done in one fluid motion. Quickly, Wendy (and the dancers which are in sync with her) shake their chest and hips while leaning to the left. They move their right hand up the body and then they bring it down, only to a swiping motion—bringing the right hand back up again. In an extreme pace, they raise their left hand completely while the right hand is at eye level and shimmy their hands to the left—kind of like a turning/swiping motion. When Wendy says "baby" the camera zooms in closely to her face as she give a cute little wave right next to her face. To finish of this beginning part of the song, Wendy and her dancer initiate a dance move that looks as if they are pushing in imaginary wall, which then they move their right hand to the left side of the chest.

Hey you! 我想讓你的眼睛發光! (Bop, bop, bop)
Stand up! 今晚讓我們在舞池裡狂歡吧! (Bop, bop, bop)
我們去跳舞吧, 我們一起唱吧
Look up! 所有的燈光都向你閃耀。
我們唱歌和跳舞, We can't stop dancing, our heart is shaking baby, you're not the only one dancing alone

Feel the beat, 聽這首歌
You wanna hear that, bop bop bop, ya feel it
Bop bop bop, 感覺很時髦
Happily, 我跟著唱
Bop bop bop, 感覺很時髦

Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop

提高你的聲音並大聲唱歌
我們所有人都要去狂歡直到日出
Get down low and sing it
You can always fake it
移動你的腿和手臂!
感受周圍的音樂

Feel the beat, 聽這首歌
Bop bop bop, 感覺很時髦
Happily, 我跟著唱
Bop bop bop, 感覺很時髦

Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop

Oh yeah, OMG, 你的舞蹈很棒!
You don't say, 我喜歡這個晚上
Get ready for it, the song's about to get so hot
Baby, I can see you now, 這首歌是 bop, yeah

Five! Get ready for the, Four!
Are you ready for the Three!
We're so close, Two! One! Sing with me!

Feel the beat, 聽這首歌
Bop bop bop, 感覺很時髦
Happily, 我跟著唱
Bop bop bop, 感覺很時髦

Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop

Hey you! I want to make your eyes light up!
Stand up! Let's party tonight on the dancefloor!
Let's go dancing, let's all sing
Look up! All the lights shine on you.
We sing and we dance, we can't stop dancing, our heart is shaking baby, you're not the only one dancing alone

Feel the beat, listen to the song
Bop bop bop, feelin' groovy
Happily, I sing along

Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop

Raise your voice and sing loudly
We're all going to party until sunrise
Get down low and sing it
You can always fake it
Move your legs and arms!
Feel the music around you

Happily, I sing along

Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop

Oh yeah, OMG, your dance is great!
You don't say, I love tonight
Get ready for it, the song's about to get so hot
Baby, I can see you now, this song is a bop, yeah

Five! Get ready for the, Four!
Are you ready for the Three!
We're so close, Two! One! Sing with me!

Happily, I sing along

Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop, bop bop
Bop bop bop
Last edited by Illdonya on Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Worldvision 97, 20th place
Worldvision 98, 19th place
Worldvision 99, 32nd place
Worldvision 102, 5th place
Worldvision 103, 19th place
Worldvision 104, 8th place
Worldvision 105, 26th place
Worldvision 106, 12th place

Kuhling (Feker Libi) International Airport

Brodhavan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 02, 2023
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Brodhavan » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:48 am

Language: Brodhvadur
Lyrics By: Ravanko Olssen, Miko Asugawara
Composer:: Samakura Kakomanika, Ilvansøn Grudenvik, Lars Ranhavansson, Rasmus Ørtenberg

Description:
"Is this the End?" is a poignant song that delves into the depths of uncertainty and introspection. The lyrics paint a vivid picture of shadows, fractured dreams, and haunting doubts, exploring the theme of questioning whether something is reaching its conclusion. Throughout the song, there's a sense of vulnerability and a search for meaning in the face of doubts and fears.

The recurring refrain, "Is this the end, or just a bend?" encapsulates the central theme, inviting listeners to contemplate the transient nature of moments and the possibility of renewal. The interplay between darkness and light, symbolized by the stars and the void, adds layers to the emotional journey depicted in the song.

The lyrics create a poetic narrative that weaves through moments of doubt, fear, and introspection, ultimately suggesting that the journey is ongoing and not necessarily a definitive end. The use of metaphors, such as a symphony of doubt and a tapestry of moments, adds depth to the song's exploration of the human experience.

"Is this the End?" is a thought-provoking composition that invites listeners to reflect on the cyclical nature of life, the potential for transformation, and the resilience of hope even in the face of uncertainty.

About her Performance prior to the performance in WV111

Hilda Grindvendóttir's victory in Music Check marks a triumphant moment in her musical journey. With a captivating voice and compelling performance, she emerged as the standout artist chosen to represent her nation in Worlvision 111 in Akjefuldin, Aenglide. This win not only showcases her exceptional talent but also highlights her ability to connect with audiences and the recognition of her artistry by the national selection committee.

As Hilda prepares to take the stage on the global platform of Worlvision, anticipation builds for the unique blend of her artistry and the cultural richness she brings from her homeland. Her win not only signifies personal success but also creates excitement for fans eager to witness her musical prowess on an international scale.

Hilda Grindvendóttir's journey to Worlvision 111 is a celebration of her dedication to music and the joy she brings to her listeners. As she steps into the spotlight, the world awaits a memorable performance that will leave a lasting impact on the global music community.

In this captivating performance, Hilda Grindvendóttir takes the stage with grace, positioning herself beside a grand piano. As her fingers delicately touch the keys, she establishes a connection with the instrument. The melody begins to resonate through the venue, setting the stage for a soul-stirring musical experience.

With each note, Hilda's voice emerges, weaving seamlessly with the piano's enchanting chords. Her presence exudes a blend of confidence and vulnerability, capturing the audience's attention. The interplay between her vocals and the piano creates a harmonious atmosphere, drawing listeners into the emotional depth of the performance.

I skyggja dyp, hvor ekkoene blander seik,
(In shadows deep, where echoes blend,)

Et hvisket spørsmål, "Er detten sludunërinn?"
(A whispered question, "Is this the end?")

Ginjom knuste drømmer, hvor håpet henger i luften,
(Through fractured dreams, where hope suspends,)

En hjemsøkende tvil forsvarer hjertet.
(A haunting doubt, the heart defends.)

As the song unfolds, Hilda's expressions convey the nuanced emotions of the lyrics. The synergy between her singing and piano-playing transcends mere performance, transforming the stage into a canvas where emotions are painted through music. The audience is left entranced by the sheer beauty and artistry emanating from this captivating collaboration of voice and piano.

Er detten sludunërinn, en bår eng sjin?
(Is this the end, or just a bend?)

Et flyktig øyeblikk, en beskjed å sende.
(A fleeting moment, a message to send.)

Gjennom mørket, vil lyset overvinne?
(Through the darkness, will light transcend?)

Å, fetell meg nå.
(Oh, tell me now.)

The silhouette emerges from the shadows, a form cloaked in darkness, mysterious and enigmatic. Its contours define a presence that transcends the absence of light, creating an intriguing and haunting figure against the dim backdrop. The silhouette stands as a testament to the play between light and shadow, leaving room for imagination and introspection. In its obscurity, there lies an air of both uncertainty and allure, inviting contemplation of the hidden depths within the confines of darkness.

Stjernni over, i stillhet synker ned,
(The stars above, in silence descend,)

Maler fortellinger om en verdenén som leges.
(Painting tales of a world on the mend.)

Likevel, i tomromä, hvor fryktene strekker seg,
(Yet, in the void, where fears extend,)

Linger spørsmålet, "Er detten sludunërinn?"
(Lingers the question, "Is this the end?")

With each resonant note, Hilda Grindvendóttir gracefully moves toward shadowy figures, each a symbolic embodiment of various struggles. As her melodic journey unfolds, the dance between light and darkness becomes a poignant visual narrative. The shadow figures encapsulate the challenges, each characterized by its unique form, echoing the complexity of human struggles.

Hilda, in her musical storytelling, weaves around these shadows, creating a moving tableau of resilience and perseverance. The choreography becomes a metaphorical expression, conveying the interconnectedness of her song with the diverse struggles represented by each silhouette. The interplay of light and shadow becomes a visual symphony, resonating with the emotional landscape painted by both voice and movement.

En symvoni av tvil, en kor av frykt,
(A symphony of doubt, a chorus of fear,)

Gjentakende spørsmål vi holder kjært.
(Echoing questions we hold dear.)

Men i ekkenä, en sanhet å bli venn med.
(But in the echoes, a truth to befriend.)

As Hilda Grindvendóttir delves deeper into her performance, she reveals another shadow figure, introducing a new layer of complexity to her narrative. This additional silhouette, shaped by the cadence of her song, symbolizes another facet of struggle or challenge. The choreography unfolds with a seamless fusion of her vocals and the symbolic dance of shadows, creating an evocative tapestry of emotion and storytelling.

With each successive note, Hilda draws the audience into the unfolding drama, allowing them to empathize with the struggles represented by these enigmatic figures. The dynamics of light and shadow continue to play out, casting a poetic ambiance over the stage. As the new silhouette emerges, the audience becomes immersed in the rich tapestry of Hilda's musical and visual exploration of the human experience.

En rei som utvöld seik, ikka bare en slud.
(A journey unfolding, not just an end.)

Gjennom ebbe og flom, hvor skjebnene slyng seik,
(Through the ebb and flow, where destinies wend,)

En tapes av øyeblikk, ved sammen for å lärg.
(A tapestry of moments, intertwined to mend.)

Hilda Grindvendóttir finds herself alone on a dimly lit stage. The spotlight focuses solely on her, intensifying the sense of solitude. As she continues to sing, the atmosphere becomes charged with emotional depth, emphasizing the isolation she portrays.

The lighting creates stark contrasts, casting shadows that accentuate the contours of her presence. The intentional isolation within the simulated setting heightens the impact of her performance, allowing the audience to feel the raw vulnerability conveyed through her voice and movements.

In this dramatic portrayal, Hilda stands as a solitary figure, encapsulating the essence of her song's emotional landscape. The simulated isolation becomes a powerful visual element, amplifying the connection between the artist and the audience in a shared moment of introspection and empathy.

Er detten en vinalèn, en sjanse til å rette opp?
(Is this a finale, or a chance to amend?)

En fortsettelse av historien, et manus å transcendere.
(A story's continuation, a script to transcend.)

As Hilda Grindvendóttir's performance unfolds, the lights gradually intensify, casting a gentle glow that illuminates the stage. The slow brightening creates a visual crescendo, symbolizing a shift from the initial dramatic isolation to a newfound radiance. This change in lighting mirrors the evolving narrative of the song, infusing a sense of hope and overcoming.

På kanten, hvor ekkoene henger i luften,
(On the precipice, where echoes suspend,)

Da motet stige, som tvilen trekker seg tilbake.
(Let courage rise, as doubts rescind.)

In a powerful moment, Hilda Grindvendóttir's performance takes a transformative turn. Breaking free from the symbolic struggles represented by the shadow figures, she asserts resilience and triumph. Her movements become more dynamic, embodying a sense of liberation and overcoming adversity.

The music swells with newfound strength, echoing the theme of liberation. As she continues to sing, Hilda's presence radiates confidence, symbolizing a journey of personal growth and resilience. The visual narrative aligns with the lyrical message, creating a cathartic and empowering experience for both the artist and the audience.

Fortelingten skifter, rundt svinggnan,
(The narrative shifts, around the bend,)

En vörnijalse akk håp, som verdenén blanden seik.
(A renewal of hope, as worlds blend.)

Omfavni rei, for detten er ikk sludunërinn.
(Embrace the journey, for it's not the end.

As the lights reach their zenith, a radiant glow envelops Hilda Grindvendóttir, signifying the culmination of her journey and liberation from struggles. The crescendo of light aligns with the triumphant climax of her song, creating a visually stunning and emotionally charged finale.

Er detten sludunërinn, en bår eng sjin?
(Is this the end, or just a bend?)

Et flyktig øyeblikk, en beskjed å sende.
(A fleeting moment, a message to send.)

Gjennom mørket, vil lyset overvinne?
(Through the darkness, will light transcend?)

Er detten sludunërinn?
(Is this the end?)

As the final notes of the song fade away, Hilda Grindvendóttir addresses the audience with gratitude, saying, "Thank you to all of you, and thank you Akjefuldin!!! Gőd Nate Ænglide!!!!!!!" Her heartfelt appreciation resonates through the venue, expressing gratitude for the support and connection with the audience.
Last edited by Brodhavan on Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:25 am, edited 21 times in total.
Brodhavan is a Linguistically Nordic People, with its own language called "Brodhvadur"

A Quirky Nation, who have clawed their way to its Utopia today. Sponsored by Furballland

Waisnor
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Waisnor » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:58 am

WAISNOR

BARQUE - Ya zhdu/Tune: MEROL - Applaus

There you go with a little picture of BARQUE)

BARQUE, or Svetlana Balaganova, has built herself a reputation of one of the most stylish and elegant performers in Waisnorian music scene. And it seems that this style has really taken off in Waisnor, since Monika's performance in 2021 ESC was met with high regard (Yes, I stole Monika Liu for Waisnor, what are you going to do about it :P). And so, Svetlana, already with an array of critically acclaimed albums taking inspiration from French and English popular music, decided to take her shot at performing in WorldVision Song Contest through the national selection. And even though she wasn't a clear frontrunner to win the whole thing, she made it, and now, she was the Waisnorian representative in WV.

But now, let's get to the performance, shall we? We open with a close up shot of Sveltana, although her face is concealed by a black fan. Apart from that, Balaganova was clearly visible, especially her exquisite black and blue dress. All the lights on the stage were focused on her, and she was completely alone on stage.

Простите за нескромность
Sorry for the indiscretion

Но я хочу ответ
But I want an answer

Ведь я почти не помню
After all, I hardly remember

Того, чтоб не никчёмным
The times when my advices

Был каждый мой совет
Weren't worthless to you

When this verse was finished, she abruptly closed the fan and finally showed the audience her face, with rather subtle makeup and a pair of small earrings. Meanwhile, an animation appeared in the background of a woman walking among a crowd of paper cutouts of people.

Быть может, я бестактна
Maybe I'm tactless

Но мне есть, что сказать
But I have something to say

Так вот, я жду контакта
So, I'm waiting for contact

Пусть не длинней антракта
Let it not be longer than intermission

Я не могу молчать
I can't be silent

When it was time to bring the song to the chorus, Svetlana began to walk forward to the edge of the stage, deliberately walking so that her dress would flutter effectively as she walked. Meanwhile, the lights began to flicker slowly, moving from one side of the stage to the other, while red crosses began to appear on the faces of some of the cut-out people on stage.

Прошу, помолчите
Please be quiet

Трибуну уступите
Give up the tribune

Я теперь в зените (Вот так, увы и ах)
I'm now at my zenith (That's it, alas and ah)

It's time for the chorus, which means it's time for the pyrotechnics to do their thing - on the first notes of the chorus, they shot fireworks upward for a couple of moments, and the light scattered throughout the hall. Svetlana, who had been holding this fan in her hand all this time, threw it up, and in the background a woman, somewhat reminiscent of Balaganova, cut out a door for herself through the crowd of paper people and is now walking through.

Я жду, я жду, я жду
I'm waiting (x3)

Когда поймёте вы без слов
When will you understand without words

То, что имею я ввиду
What I mean

Уже невмоготу
It's unbearable

Сидеть мне бездумно среди мертвецов
To sit mindlessly among the dead

After that, she repeated the chorus again, all the while calmly walking across the stage and showing all of herself (as much as possible within reason, of course). But when it was time to return to the usual verses, almost all the light disappeared from the stage, leaving only a small beam concentrated on Svetlana. At this time, people began to appear on stage, pretending to have a lively conversation among themselves.

Ваши уши будто в воске
Your ears, they're like in wax

Для вас я сама - пустяк
For you, I am nothing

Но в ваших криках отголоске
But in your screams there is an echo

Будет слышен тихий возглас
A quiet cry will be heard

Это моих слов кулак
This is my fist of words

While in the background a woman walked through the city at night, no longer as papery as before, Svetlana calmly walked towards the people talking to each other, who did not pay any attention to her. By the way, one of the people there had a simple wooden cane, which Balaganova quietly took away, which was not shown to the audience while she herself walked around the people on stage.

Меня не успокоить
I can't be calmed down

Придется вам усвоить
You'll have to learn

Что тот, кто просто воет (Не сможет выиграть спор)
That someone who just howls (Can't win an argument)

When it was time to sing the chorus again, Svetlana suddenly tapped the stage with her cane, which was now visible to the audience. And as if on cue, people now argued and fell silent. Now, while Svetlana sang the chorus, she would adjust the person's head or hand as she passed them. And again, the light was completely scattered across the stage and throughout the hall.

Я жду, я жду, я жду
I'm waiting (x3)

Когда поймёте вы без слов
When will you understand without words

То, что имею я ввиду
What I mean

Уже невмоготу
It's unbearable

Сидеть мне бездумно среди мертвецов
To sit mindlessly among the dead

When the performance was over, Sveltana bowed to the audience and sent a little air kiss to them, saying: "Thank you all! Stay strong, everybody!"
Last edited by Waisnor on Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
81 = 18th/34
82 = 22nd/31
83 = 27th/41
84 = 15th/27
85 = 20th/28
86 = 14th/32
87 = 14th/36
88 = 24th/32
89 = 16th/37
90 = 8th/35
91 = 9th/30
92 = 8th/29
93 = 4th/25
94 = 14th/28
95 = 15th/27
96 = 8th/34
97 = 6th/25
98 = 23rd/31
99 = 6th/38
100 = 12th/51
101 = 24th/32
102 = 10th/30
103 = 2nd/26
104 = 11th/26
105 = 6th/31
106 = 5th/25
107 = 21st/37
108 = 9th/32
109 = 11th/21
110 = 14th/27
111 = 5th/29
112 = 7th/25
113 = 7th/24

51 = 10th/20
52 = 19th/24
53 = 11th in the semifinal/33

Lavonia
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 18, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Lavonia » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:57 am

28. Lavonia
Song Name: Je sais ce que je demande
Tune: hi-5 Xero ti Zitao
Lyrics
Je sais ce que je demande
Pourquoi tu demandes à parler de nous ?
comment oses-tu me serrer dans tes bras ?
J'ai été tellement blessé,
cette fois, je gagnerai de loin

Il est tard pour admettre que c'est de ta faute
Je t'ai quitté une fois pour toutes dans le passé
maintenant je peux résister
Je sais que je ne me perdrai pas

Je regarde devant, seulement devant

plus rien ne me retient
c'est la seule chose qui compte
et je vivrai pleinement chaque jour qui passe

Où étais-tu quand j'ai été coupé en deux ?
Je te voulais tellement et pourtant tu n'avais pas le temps
maintenant, dans les moments difficiles, tu dis que tu m'aimes
ne dis pas un tel mot à la légère

Je me battrai pour cela même si je serai fatigué
mes rêves montreront toujours le bon chemin
maintenant j'essaye seulement pour moi
Je sais que je ne me perdrai pas

Je regarde devant, seulement devant

plus rien ne me retient
c'est la seule chose qui compte (x2)

Tant de mensonges, tant de choses que j'ai apprises
Je n'ai pas peur de ce que demain m'apportera
J'ai maintenant appris que quelque chose
peut commencer à l'intérieur du feu

plus rien ne me retient
c'est la seule chose qui compte (x2)
Last edited by Lavonia on Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015

Postby Darkmania » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:51 am

This post contains AI generated imagery courtesy of AI Face Generator, used for RP purpuses.

29 Darkmania

Moneka- "Sërin Nën" (Stary Night)

Last in the Juryvote?!? Only 23rd out of 27 with a score of 43 points?!? This isn’t what the darkmanians wanted to see. They have a history of being around the bottom of the scoreboard at the beginning of darkmanain worldvision and this isn’t something that DäTV wanted to repeat. So there is one thing to do; drop a nuke. By bringing a soprano to worldvision. Do you know that one time that Darkmania brought a soprano to a song contest they won the contest?

Möneka Gällotello, known under her stage name Moneka gained national recognition when her audition at a popular signing competition gained views on social media for her powerful vocals. And unsurprisingly, she won the show with the votes to the runner-up "being measured by miles". Since then she has appeared at several operas and

Vocals: "Moneka" (Möneka Gällotello)
Piano: Thömas Ärgentÿr

There is only one piano on stage, not counting the piano player and Moneka. The wall is pitch black with only some stars being shown on the wall and the floor is covered in fog so thick it obscures what is displayed on the floor.

Këlk ÿr hörd
(Love is hard)

Lërng ÿmr nët vët
(Something I didn't know)

Töu förlet ym fëri förgel
(You left me and went away)

Dÿ nët köme igë
(You are never coming back)

The piano players begin playing with him being placed next to Moneka. The arena is pitch black, bar some lights that makes it looks like stars.

Ymä öl
(I'm alone)

Stënde mï toü ë ym
(Moments with you and me)

Ër täk ÿn ënd
(It took an end)

Hërtbrök
(Heartbroken)

Sërin Nën
(Stary night)

Omët öl
(On my own)

Sërin Nën
(Stary night)

Alïn
(Alone)

10 ïer ënd
(10 year's end)

Fërkur ën yrsël ë yr frëli
(Who knew it wasent for us)

Ër hörd mër möst
(It's hard and long)

För ëngel
(For a single)

Sërin Nën
(Stary night)

Omët öl
(On my own)

Sërin Nën
(Stary night)

Alïn
(Alone)

Sërin Nën
(Stary night)

Säve töu
(Missing you)

Sërin Nën
(Stary night)

Alïn
(Alone)

Këlk ÿr hörd
(Love is hard)

Lërng ÿmr nët vët
(Something I didn't know)

Töu förlet ym fëri förgel
(You left me and went away)

Dÿ nët köme igë
(You will never come back)

Sërin Nën
(Stary night)

Omët öl
(On my own)

Sërin Nën
(Stary night)

Alïn
(Alone)

As she decides to show her vocal skils, a spider cam flies while doing a dolly zoom, revealing that the piano are gone and now there are only Moneka who is on stage.

*Screams in a F5 vocal range note*

As pyros rains over the stage and the wind machine being turned on max it fills a void of Moneka being the only one on stage right now

Sërin Nën
(Stary night)

Säve töu
(Missing you)

Ah
(Ah)

Säve töu
(Missing you)

Omët öl, nët töu
(On my own, without you)

Alïn
(Alone)

Nët töu
(Whitout you)

Alïn
(Alone)

Ah
(Ah)

The music slowly fades and by the last line, has completely stopped. But Moneka shows her amazing vocals by holding the last vocal note for 6 seconds. This should be noticed by the juries.

Sërin Nën
(Stary night)

Säve töu
(Missing you)

Tÿm tö gëve värk
(Time to move on)

Këm tëok
(Back home)

We get several shots from the audience enjoying the song.
Last edited by Darkmania on Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:53 pm, edited 10 times in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Conburn
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 05, 2021
Corporate Police State

Postby Conburn » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:10 pm

withdrawn
Last edited by Conburn on Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robloxian Robloxia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 26, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Robloxian Robloxia » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:26 am

Withdrawn x
Last edited by Robloxian Robloxia on Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:41 pm

Kalosia
Everybody's Business — Rian Dalesso
performed in English to the tune of Bad Habits — Shaun

Adrian 'Rian' Dalesso was in no rush. It was 7 years ago when he performed "Chemicals", a song co-written by Britonish music professionals Guy Autriche and Emile Sollihul at the 54th WorldVision Song Contest in Ekoz. It was a particularly memorable rendition as the song was performed entirely live—with a loop station whose input he fed into himself live on the Kønikstaat stage. Despite his best efforts, he came 13th place in a field of 27, which went on to be Kalosia's only non-DSQ finish outside the top 10 between WV42 and WV68.

Rian, who turns 28 this year, is now back in the contest. And this time, he won't be singing a tune that came 5th in the Vha Melodhivestoile semifinals! Over the years he has had the chance to further refine his skills and hone his music abilities. Safe to say, this entry is locally written and produced.

The song is called "Everybody's Business" and talks about what appears to be a relationship that is set to take off but may not happen after all due to the singer's love interest taking things too fast. Rian played a substantial role in the songwriting process and hopes to get everybody's votes with this entry.

For the big night, Rian is wearing a striped oxford shirt and chinos, as well as an electric guitar strapped to his shoulder. He took the spotlight on stage, obviously, but he was accompanied by a keyboardist and drummer behind him. The LED screens were off for this performance as only the strobe lights were used.

As the song began, a spidercam descended from the front of the stage slightly moving over Rian. After a few other slow wide shots with fade-to-black transitions, we get a close up of Rian as he sings the opening lines to the song:

It started all with a smile
Then I came over and it was not so bad
Then you extended your hand
I can’t forget how your soft skin brushed ‘gainst mine

The strobe lights flash in an orderly fashion to the beat, with every other beat getting a bigger flash. They are lit in blue, giving a somewhat cold ambience. It goes well with Rian's shirt, which is white with blue horizontal stripes (which he said in a post-rehearsal interview wasn't inspired by the colours of the Kalosian flag but he'd gladly welcome such an interpretation). As Rian sings, he looks a bit disappointed, in a way that goes with the vibe of the story rather than him being genuinely upset.

They say you get two for the price of one
Didn’t know what it meant but was glad
I thought that everything was said and done
Given the happy moments that we had, oh oh

Now that we enter the pre-chorus, the strobe lights are positioned in a way that it makes it seem like there are specks of white LEDs moving upwards slowly, like reverse shooting stars. The spidercam making a return and slowly zooming out from above the front of the stage encapsulates this movement well.

The next day I came back and found, suddenly
It’s everybody’s business, oh
And as I turned to you, wearing chains of gold
The stakes were sold

In this part the camera just focuses on Rian and his backing musicians, slowly panning across the stage in a mid-to-close up view. The strobe lights have also gone back to the flash pattern it did during the verse except this time it was in yellow, while the spotlights were kinda "flowing" in a pattern, creating a bit of a dynamic light show.

So let the people know
That you have got to go, oh-oh-oh
I should’ve told you “no”
And let this heat turn cold, oh-oh-oh

Now we return to the same light settings as the verse, with the blue lighting. The blue complements Rian's clothes more than the yellow, in particular his very light beige chinos and the off-white of his shirt. In the verses his facial expressions really come out, and as he sings this it looks like he's genuinely pondering. To the viewer, it really feels like he is telling a story.

But still I’m tempted to think
That I could give in and let the feelings grow
Should I let my worries sink?
With all your charming looks, how could I say no?

But then comes the chance to 'attack' his potential lover a bit, as Rian implicitly compares her to a snake. A steadicam also enters the stage and circles around the drummer and keyboardist, before cutting back to Rian.

They say that diamonds are a test of time
That is if all the carats are not fake
Maybe I should learn how to spot the signs
Just like Dad would say “beware of snakes”, oh oh oh

We get another close up of Rian and, unexpectedly, the audience cheers during this bit. Rian candidly responds, letting out a few chuckles and winking at the audience.

And if I wanted to slip away quietly
So I decided it’s best to leave you a loan
It’s set in stone

The cameras briefly cut away to the drummer before switching to a pan of the stage as the stage lights turn yellow again, like the previous chorus.

So let the people know
That you have got to go
And let this heat turn cold

Now Rian stops playing the guitar and takes the mic off his stand as he sings the bridge. He takes a few steps forward as he greets the audience, before reaching another mic stand right in front of the stage. He fixes the mic onto it right as this next bit ends:

It’s not that I don’t want a happy ending
But you’re moving too fast
Even though I am seeing, I’m not believing
Not sure that this will last, oh oh oh

Now the stage lights dim save for a spotlight on Rian. In this next part it alternates between a few shots taken from a distance, in particular to emphasize the closeness of Rian with the audience, some of which try to reach their arms out to him. But in the last two lines he sings directly facing a spidercam which has closed up on him. As he sings these lines, his voice intensifies, as if to express that he is fed up with this person. He sings "you've got to go" straight into the camera, looking annoyed, as it quickly zooms up and away.

Feels like it’s just the beginning, yet already
I’m almost scared to see what tomorrow will bring
You’ve got to go

As the camera flies away, all the lights turn back on but this time they are red. A key change takes place. Using the same lighting patterns as earlier, a dynamic lighting show manifests on the stage. The audience cheers.

So let all the people know
That I should’ve said no

And now as Rian sings the last chorus of the song, he gives it his all. The cameras focus on him as he is surrounded by fans, and he seems to be in a good mood.

So let the people know
That you have got to go, oh-oh-oh
And let this heat turn cold, oh-oh-oh, yeah

As the song comes to an end, he lets go of the guitar (which is still attached to him by means of the strap so nothing happens) and raises both his fists in the air. "Wooooo!" he exclaims, as the audience cheers for him. He gestures to his backing musicians as they take bows before he shouts "Thank you Aenglide, thank you WorldVision!". Then Rian and his performers vacate the stage as the crew set up the stage for the next entry.
Last edited by Kalosia on Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Aenglide
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Aenglide » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:21 am

Country Name: Aenglide
Artist Name: Arrowlanda
Song Title: Intertwine
Languages: English

Music: David Emmerik, Sammi Grytviken, Rons Hving, Rik Lindermann, Harrietta Vingsten
Lyrics: Rons Hving
Tune: Stereophonics - C’est La Vie

Aenglide made an appearance at the 110th Worldvision Song Contest, which recently came to a conclusion in Ous, Ugunnustan, the first Worldvision hosting for the country. The nation’s nineteenth participation saw Veksa singer-songwriter Marie Sömmervars perform with her single “Find Me”, in the Müsqa arenası Ous. Described as an uptempo, Europoppy, radio-friendly song, standards were raised to the ceiling for her, as her participation was behind the back of Worldvision 109, where Jana Argelsen and the Ulmsläärigili Javkivolka performed their wonderful native Hööra song “Ccëguus Rääska”, which ended up taking a mighty fifth spot in the final. People also wondered how it would fare, as it was the first English entry since the previous two editions. Marie didn’t seem to care that much about the score or result - she was ultimately there for the experience, and she wanted to enjoy herself while she was in Ous. However, the Aenglish delegation beside her for the ride was upset. The jury votes blew Aenglide away from a good start, seeing zero sets of 12 points from any nation. The highest that Aenglide achieved there was a Beepeean 10, as well a couple of 8s handed out from both StrayaRoos and Tödlichebujoku, nothing more. Aenglide was found 13th after the juries with only 60 points.

Oh well, maybe televoting could help? With a crowd of grimacing faces, and a slightly underwhelming reveal, it showed that Aenglide received 71 points from the public, a reasonable improvement from the juries. Still not enough to make a dent though, and Aenglide made twelfth place, out of 27 participating countries. Aenglish Worldvision fans saw a shock horror in front of their eyes when it was revealed on the scoreboard that the entry scored low. It wasn’t too bad of a result at all, and Marie felt proud of herself, but compared to the previous Aenglish entry, it was a downhill slope from a climactic result. It was now ÆTV’s job to proceed onwards, and select an act to hopefully make a comeback from that blip, and they selected Arrowlanda to represent the nation.

But wait - that’s not the end of the story. The city of Akjefuldin in northwestern Aenglide, submitted a bid in the interest of hosting the 111st Worldvision Song Contest, in the race with three other cities - Bloxburg, Robloxian Robloxia; Citysburgh, Placely Placington; and Eureka in the Spiritual Republic of Caryton. It was an immense surprise to many, if not all that after the final decision was made, humble Akjefuldin would win the rights of the entire contest by amassing a total of 112 points. This, as of now, marks the second ever hosting in Aenglide, after the 98th Worldvision Song Contest was hosted in the capital of Keterig. It also marks the twentieth appearance of Aenglide in the contest. Time really does fly! What a way to celebrate such a milestone.

Arrowlanda in 2024. From left to right; Grytviken; Vingsten; Elser; Hving; and Lindermann.

Arrowlanda is an indie rock band formed in 2008 in Marielag, Aenglide, with a current lineup of five members. As it stands in alphabetical order, David Elser takes the bassist role, Sammi Grytviken is the band’s keyboardist, Rons Hving is the band’s lead singer and songwriter, the drums are lead by Rik Lindermann, and Harrietta Vingsten doubles as a guitarist and a backup vocalist. The band has been based throughout different cities within Aenglide, moving from their homes in Marielag, to the capital Keterig, as well as here to the rock scene of Akjefuldin, along with other local bands such as Worldvision 97 runners-up The Mercantiles, and shoegaze pioneers Blujaket, who represented Aenglide in the 67th World Hit Festival. As of now, they’ve been based back in Marielag for a few yeas. In the early days of the band’s formation, the band went through various lineups within the first three years - but the current formation has been this way since 2018, so they’ve known eachother pretty well.

Yeah, at a party on the outskirts of town
Bow and arrow, shoot your shot, you got the chance now
Cause there’s a pretty girl standing next to the counter
And I said “I’m too damn nervous to ask her”
Boy, if the past version of me only ever knew
What the mighty power of courage could do
I walked up, said hi and looked at her face
Then I said “Do you wanna come back to my place?”
Knew from the moment that I saw you there
We’d intertwine and be the perfect pair

(Let’s run away from here)
So baby, baby, come and take my hand
I can show you the world, take you to see your favourite bands
We can travel far beyond to places we’ve never been
Tell me, have I found the key to your heart?

I like your tune, can I whistle to it?
The resonation, it sparks up like magic
The world’s your oyster girl, there’s never a limit
I can take you anywhere, the world is boundless
From the seas, to a night sky full of stars
Or a million drinks in a thousand bars
Fulfilled at the chance worth gambling
Cause only God would know where else I would be
Knew from the moment that I saw you there
We’d intertwine and be the perfect pair

I said, baby, never fall out of line
Cause your rays of light will never shine
If it wasn’t for you girl, you know I’d die
Find your roots, twist them around, so we can intertwine
We can see the lights sparkle in your favourite towns
Or we can chase our dreams and follow the sound
And if you’re all about a calmer life, that’s okay too
Because I’d love to accommodate to you
I don’t need anything else as long as you’re happy
Cause whatever lets you live is all I wanna see
And I hope we can carry the wisdom when we grow old
To be able to enjoy the finer things in life, woah

Let’s just live for the moment while we’ve got it
Life’s too short to afford all this wonderin’
But while we’re here, let’s rewind and remember how
That one single moment decided our life now

[align=center]
She said “Come on baby, we can intertwine”
Farewell to the sun, in exchange for the street lights
Sitting on a bench, remembering the good times
While we sip on a glass of a finely aged wine

Yeah, yeah
Let’s run away from here
Let’s run away from here
Let’s run away from here
Run away
Let’s run away from here
Let’s run away from here
Let’s run away from here
Let’s run away from here
Last edited by Aenglide on Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
AENGLIDE

The Federation of Aenglide | Federatig Ænglide | Fiterääne Angeeli | Ajunnuna Anigilaak | ᐱᑦᑲᓅᓇ ᐊᖏᓛᑦ/Pitkanuuna Angilaat

A LAND OF FOUR CONLANGS. Aenglic/Ænglik Sprök, Hööra, Uqqurapiata, Kuqaarii/ᑯᖄᕇ !

Standard English: /eɪŋliːd/
Aenglic: /ængliːdə/
WMCA Observer State | WorldVision Committee Member | IIWIKI Page | NS stats not canon

Hafamarimyht
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Hafamarimyht » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:38 am

34 | Hafamarimët
Mïnjëjek | Žahëvana Vjobönetka
Music: Ëtna Panïlg, Nïlara Behanetka, Žïlëp Cehmë
Lyrics: Nïlara Behanetka, Žahëvana Vjobönetka

Title Translation: I Survive

Tune: Elodie - Tribale

Žahëvana Vjobönetka

The National Final
Žahëvana sat nervously fidgeting in the green room of Heroes Arena in Pöcë, the site of the grand final of Čänlëdïl WorldVisionvun 111. As Bïdnel Halnetka hyped up the crowd before the final set of votes were announced, the votes from Hafamarimët, her mind kept telling her she didn't belong here. By all accounts this was an outside chance; the thirty-three year old had no background in pop music, having been a dance teacher for the last ten years at a mid-sized after school program in Baspink. She auditioned, if you can consider it that, by posting a video clip of her singing as a reply to a post on Twitter by Nïlara Behanetka, the Hafamari representative at WV100, searching for a vocalist for a song she had been working on. It was a whim, not fully thought out - but Nïlara along with the other producers picked her. Her! She hadn't sung in public outside of the occasional karaoke night in years, and suddenly she was going to be in the studio with some pretty big names.

She was floored when the song made it through the preselection. She was flabbergasted when she finished high enough in her semi-final to make it to the grand final. And now she was freaking out about having the most points after the international votes were tallied. Before the Hafamari vote was announced, she was in first place by one point over Ïnuh Pmïlgïnt, who went to WV82 for Hafamarimët in addition to being a huge star. She was sweating. She was shaking. She was screaming, crying, throwing up (almost).

"It's all down to this!" Bïdnel shouted from the stage. She gripped her champagne tightly. "Žahëvana Vjobönetka needs 19 points to win. And you, the Hafamari public, have given her ...TWENTY!"

The arena erupted in applause as the champagne glass erupted in her hand. Žahëvana was going to WorldVision!

Before the Show
Žahëvana arrived in Akjefuldin two days after the winter solstice, a major holiday in Hafamarimët. Originally her press agent (she had a press agent now, which was wild) had wanted her there before then, but she refused in order to celebrate the holiday with her two-year-old daughter. The same daughter who was, blessedly, amazingly, sleeping soundly on the plane, something Žahëvana had never been able to do.

Her stressful rehearsal period was, luckily, not without breaks and time off, which she primarily used to take her daughter to various parks and museums. She shed a silent tear at Akjefuldin Memorial Park Lookout, watching the snow fall over the quiet city. She introduced her daughter to oysters (not a fan) and lutefisk (she loved it???) at a dockside restaurant in Harálditarvt. She even treated herself to a night out at a club, the first time she had been out dancing past 1am since before her daughter was born.

But now the rehearsals had finished. The meet and greets had been met and greeted. She had to steel her nerves one last time as she prepared to perform towards the end of the night. She watched from the green room of Nardelisen Arena as the other artists performed before her, growing more nervous yet more excited and impressed with each one. Finally, it was her turn to shine, and she smiled and kept her head down as she was led to the stage.

The Performance
The music fades in with a background singer vocalizing. The arena is mostly dark, the stage illuminated in white light which grows brighter as the song begins. Beginning with her head down, Žahëvana slowly looks up, meeting the camera with her serious gaze as the first verse begins.

Kuno pa hučötöi
Sähadïl hugruvöi
Desa mïcad dardïl pata
Sa darmega dnadöi

Sa pnägöi žegöita
Po huv ajan suna stronger
Bufansa mänëhekata
Čërulagavjë darjëm öi pata

Don’t say you’re sorry
You don’t know the meaning of the word
That was the last time
You treat me that way

You thought you’d break me
But I am stronger than ever now
I realized my power
And you were surprised by that

Her simple yet energetic choreography stops as the bridge begins. The flashing lights stop and spotlights cross the arena before they land on her.

Söjpa
Öi sečekošo
Po rintöi vra
Öjtan savun cvänekata

Hajan
Öi vunkejajek
Vunvro sa knöjtu dänöita
Ë šede

Maybe
I might miss you
But when you hurt me
I promised myself

Never
Will I forgive you
Because you tore me down
And kept me there

As the chorus begins, backup dancer/singers join her, dancing forwards towards the front edge of the stage. The choreography includes several high kicks interspersed with the relatively calm, but groovy and fun, dance routine.

Po sa, mïnjëjek
Savun mïnjëjek
Sunëtïnak vïgajek
Čiho dërëčojek

Ë sa, mïnjëjek
Hud öivun mïnjëjek
Čïndïl sajeh mejaca
Vamo sa vehëtaca

Mïnjëjek

But me, I survive
For myself, I survive
In the morning I wake up
I give thanks to the sun

And me, I survive
Not for you, I survive
The strength lives within me
It finds me well

I survive

She stands still, slowly and seductively moving her hips during this calmer portion before the second verse.

Mïnjëjek

Mïnjëjek

She walks to the beat around the stage, interacting with audience members and the camera. Though at times a small bit of nervousness comes through, it is also very clear that she is having a great time, performing with all of her heart. Waves of light pulse in an outline of the stage with each downbeat, slowly shifting from plain white to green to pink to blue.

Hazutjo udran tjo hud patajev
Sadïlmo čiho bimekïlï
Mïcatjo čilgatöi, sa ludnum žegöi
Mïcatjo pa vrana imsu sa gabjevlö žegöi

If tomorrow wasn’t another day
I could pull the sun up by myself
You’re stuck in yesterday, thinking you control me
Thinking yesterday is where you’d keep me, too

The backup dancer/singers lift Žahëvana, one knee bent as the camera switches to show the stage from above. Žahëvana is laid flat while being lifted, looking directly into the camera as the dancers slowly rotate her. Slower flashes of white light now begin to join the pulses, which have also slowed.

Söjpa
Öi sečekošo
Po rintöi vra
Öjtan savun cvänekata

Hajan
Öi vunkejajek
Vunvro sa knöjtu dänöita
Ë šede

Maybe
I might miss you
But when you hurt me
I promised myself

Never
Will I forgive you
Because you tore me down
And kept me there

Brief video clips of people tearing up photographs of themselves with an ex-partner show on the screen behind the stage as Žahëvana is returned to the ground and again begins the dance towards the front edge of the stage. She playfully rolls her eyes during a closeup of her face.

Po sa, mïnjëjek
Savun mïnjëjek
Sunëtïnak vïgajek
Čiho dërëčojek

Ë sa, mïnjëjek
Hud öivun mïnjëjek
Čïndïl sajeh mejaca
Vamo sa vehëtaca

Mïnjëjek

But me, I survive
For myself, I survive
In the morning I wake up
I give thanks to the sun

And me, I survive
Not for you, I survive
It finds me well

I survive

She removes the sleeves of her vested outfit slowly, playfully, shaking her hips during this section.

Mïnjëjek

Mïnjëjek

She stands in one place during this bridge, slowly and deliberately doing arm choreography that shows off the tattoo on her forearm, small plain letters which read "ihëjanča vačamvajeh rumtava" which translates to "we hold the universe within ourselves."

Savun zuga paluta
Dar sa rintöilö žegöita
Žuhajuv sa sïgajek
Sa, husujavjë sa pa

It’s become a joke to me
That you thought you could hurt me
I make myself out of stone
Me, I am unmoveable

The final chorus kicks in and the flashing lights go wild, joined by pulsing waves made by the flashing armbands given to people in the audience. With each wave the color sharply changes, deep, rich, vibrant tones that span the spectrum of color. The screen at the back of the stage now shows many people flexing their arms, showing their emotional resilience through their physical strength, although most of the people shown are of average build.

Po sa, mïnjëjek
Savun mïnjëjek
Sunëtïnak vïgajek
Čiho dërëčojek

Ë sa, mïnjëjek
Hud öivun mïnjëjek
Čïndïl sajeh mejaca
Vamo sa vehëtaca

Mïnjëjek

But me, I survive
For myself, I survive
In the morning I wake up
I give thanks to the sun

And me, I survive
Not for you, I survive
It finds me well

I survive

She dances wildly, high kicks, turns, hair flips. The dancer/singers behind her do the routine from the earlier chorus.

Mïnjëjek

Mïnjëjek

Čïndïl sajeh mejaca
Vamo sa vehëtaca
Mïnjëjek

She sings the last word as she sinks into a split, waist twisted so she faces the audience fully. The dancer/singers pose behind her to emphasize her resilience. She holds the pose as she laughs and shouts "Thank you! Thank you so much!"
Last edited by Hafamarimyht on Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
WV19: 23rd (27pts)
WV24: 34th (9pts)
WV26: 34th (28 pts)
WV27: 31st (27 pts)
WV28: 28th (21 pts)
WV30: 18th (39 pts)
WV34: DQ
WV82: 24th (18 pts)
WV86: 21st (99pts)
WV87: 9th (160pts)
WV88: 19th (121pts)
WV90: 26th (81pts)
WV91: 15th (117pts)
WV96: 17th (134pts)
WV99: 11th (158pts)
WV100: 16th in SF/DNQ
WV109: 18th (71pts)
WV110: 8th (156pts)
WV111: 7th (196pts)
WV112: 8th (146pts)

WHF5: 8th (16pts)
WHF11: 22nd (3pts)
WHF13: 24th (5pts)
WHF56: 20th (6pts)
WHF57: 8th (18pts)
WHF59: 10th (13pts)
WHF73: 2nd (22pts)

Crustyland
Attaché

Founded: Oct 15, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Crustyland » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:44 pm

Tune

Well, 18th place with 78 points. This is NOT what CRAP had hoped for. To be honest, a lot of funds had gone towards sending a credible entry and talented artist, and it hadn't paid off. The only solaces of the night really was a 12 from Terra Zealandia and 8 from Hafamarimët, as well as a credible 40 points from the televote. Even so, the budget for WorldVision 111 wasn't nearly as good as it could've been, and CRAP had debated for way too long on whether they were participating or not.

In a last-minute decision, Crustyland was confirmed to participate and decided to select or rather ask very nicely, Jeremias Hansen if he could be their act. Jeremias Hansen, 62, from Ulptoth, was arguably one of the best country singers in the country, and they agreed, but only on certain terms. It would cost 140 bonners for every 20 seconds of the song. When met with this the team at CRAP head office were flabbergasted and stared at one another. A deal was made, and boy, oh boy, would it show. Ladies and gentlemen here is "Do More of What You Love" by famous Crustylandian singer Jeremias Hansen.

Crustyland would perform 35th in the running order and the crowd settled down ready for the entry from Crustyland. Expectations were high since Crustyland had been on a sort of good run as of late. The postcard finished, the lights were set.

As Jeremias Hansen took centre stage, it was hard to miss his impressive caramel brown suit. Impeccably tailored, the suit fitted him perfectly and spoke volumes about his keen sense of style. It was clear that it had been chosen with care, perfectly complementing his appearance on stage. The suit's elegant design gave him a professional and polished look, befitting his performance with his acoustic guitar.

Lit in a basic white spotlight he began to sway as the sing country-styled song began as the banjo began to play. The camera approached him as he began to sing. He strummed his guitar, smiled at the camera and gently swayed as he sang.

Do More of What You Love

The sound of a catchy and beautiful harmonica ended the song and the lights dimmed as he held the last note of the song.

"Thank you Aenglide." He said gently to the absolutely speechless and hushed crowd. The song had barely even begun and it was over already! A look of confusion was etched on most of the audiences faces as they scratched their heads, baffled as to what the song had only been a mere 18 seconds long. After what seemed like ages, small applause finally broke out, and Jeremias, very content, bowed and left the stage. Almost everyone in the crowd agreed if the song had been much, much longer, it would have faired very well!
Last edited by Crustyland on Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pemecutan » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:56 pm

36/#PCU
PEMECUTAN

Bayu Cakra-"Lihat Kenyataannya"

Title Translation: Look at the Reality
Language: Pemecutan Malay, Basa Giri

Music: Made Yohan, Muhammad Fikri
Lyric: Bayu Cakra, David Diawan
Tune: Caleb Hyles - Surface Pressure

Flashback to WorldVision 109 at Marienburg, Pemecutan for the first time enter the competition with a girl band. And despite a low total point, they were still reached the top 10. One of the few Pemecutanian entries that reached the position. The result was elevated the girl band, Catur, popularity back home. It was a rare ocassion for the country to reach such feet. Unfortunately, the country has to skip the 110th edition. No official statement was release by GBC as the official broadcaster of the competition which makes the fans confused of what is actually happening. Rumors starts to spread from GBC financial troubled to internal dispute following the recent change in the country which might affect the country's participation in the future edition of the competition. On the other hand, GBC seems to let the rumor goes wild as nothing was done to counter the already spread rumors.

Out of nowhere, GBC announced the possibility of the country of enter the 111th edition of WorldVision. An announcement that both shocking and bring happiness to the fans. But then the fans become worry as no progress was made from the announcement. And with the deadline of the contest coming to its end, the fans begin to doubt that Pemecutan will made a comeback to WVSC. But then, in the last minute, GBC announced their representative to the 111th WorldVision Song Contest which will be held in Aenglide. The representative is Bayu Cakra with his song, 'Lihat Kenyataannya' (English: Look at the Reality).

Made Ngurah Bayu Cakrawibawa or known by his stage name, Bayu Cakra is a 31-year-old Pemecutan singer and songwriter. Born at a coastal town of Sakenan in west Pemecutan, Bayu Cakra has never dream to become a singer. His parents are not an artistry person. His father is an accountant while his mother is a college professor in Civil Engineering. Knowing about their son's talent, the parent encourages him to explore it more. Bayu at first singing in pop karawitan genre, the more traditional pop genre native to Pemecutan. Something that is usual for a newcomer to explore themselves in the country's music industry especially if they are coming from rural places. But Bayu was not confidence with the genre. He, on the other hand focus on writing songs after his first album flop in the market. He gained popularity as a songwriter and even got his first Chakra Music award nomination as a songwriter for the song, "Pemecutan is Pride' which was sung by veteran rockstar De Jong. Despite losing in his nomination, the song had catapulted his name in Pemecutan music industry.

One of his friends then encouraged him to produce another album. Reluctant at first, Bayu then starts to collect the repertoire for his upcoming album. Some of the songs were written by himself while others were acquired from fellow songwriters from lyrics that were not taken by another singer. Feeling bad with taking pop karawitan genre, he decides to switch into rock genre where he feels more comfortable. His second album was then released in 1773 Pawukon to a great success. He received 8 nominations in the 1774 Chakra Music Awards including Best New Artist, Best Male Performer and Album of the Year. He won 3 awards that night in Best New Artist, Best Rock Solo Performer and Best Rock Album category. After that, he released another 2 albums. The last was in 1780 entitled 'Breaking Point' with his initial single 'Selepas Senja' (English: 'After Dawn'). He received 3 nominations in the 1781 Chakra Music Awards for the album and the single. All in rock genre category. Unfortunately, he was not winning any. After his latest album, he is somehow disappeared from Pemecutan music industry. Although he continues to attend the Chakra Music Awards each year. But the fans are missing his music. In one interview, he stated that he was indeed taking a break, but he keeps written songs that was sing by several artists such as Mayaputri, BaBeKi and Saiful.

Then surprisingly, he drops a teaser in his WhoTube channel for an upcoming single. The short video is making his fans wild. And after almost 5 years of hiatus, Bayu Cakra release a single from his new album. The single is 'Lihat Kenyataannya'. The single is widely accepted by the fans and non-rock listeners. The critics said that the song is a refreshment from Bayu Cakra although with a heavy lyric. Everyone then questioning if Bayu have ever experience something like the lyric in his new song. But he dismisses the question. He noted that his parents have never forced him to become a perfect child or a perfect man. In one interview, he mentioned that the song is inspired the overgrowing toxic masculinity that he sees around him. He feels that this is quite alarming that there is a set of rules or criterion for a male person to be able to call a real man. "I don't think there is a definition of a real man as there is also no definition for a real woman. Because all of these men and women are real despite of their greatness and flaws," he said. He also called an end to stereotyping and hope this song can encourages all men to act as they want it to be and stops thinks of what other thoughts. While Pemecutan Central of Mental Health Disorder is praising this song as there is a little room for men to express their feeling in reality. "Boys are often to tell not to cry, not to whine because that's not how men are. But these practice makes boys and men are vulnerable to mental issue as they can't express their own feeling and always suppress it especially if it is connected to sadness," said Pemecutan of Mental Health Disorder spokesperson. The selection of the song as Pemecutan representative at the 111th WorldVision Song Contest is praise by the fans and music critics for the good meaning of the song itself.

After the end of the Crustyland's entry added with a few minutes break, the postcard of Pemecutan is displayed on the big screen. It is a brief display as the stage goes back to dark. The song suddenly started, and the downlight enlighten the center of the stage. The stage floor is crack open, and two poles emerge from down below. Bayu's voice can be heard as he sings the first verse of the song. But then the audience gasp after seeing him in between the poles with chains around his body. He is bare chest and only wearing a rather tight black leather pants. The camera swirling around him giving a full view of him as he continues to sing.

Harus kuat dan berani
Tak ada yang harus ditakuti
Jangan manja jangan blengih*
Tak ada yang perlu ditangisi

Itu semua yang kudengar
Saat aku beranjak dewasa
Segala cara yang diajarkan agar kujadi lelaki sejati
But...

Must be strong and brave
There's nothing to be afraid of
Don't be spoiled, don't be a crybaby*
There's nothing to cry about

That's all I heard
When I grew up
All the ways I was taught to become a real man
But...

Note:
* Blengih is a Basa Giri word for crybaby.

A few female dancers enter the stage as Bayu sing the pre-chorus part of the song. While the lights are dancing in color between red and blue. The camera shoots high and low and crossing the poles as he continues to sing. Once in a while the camera focus on the dancers who begin to dance around Bayu in a circle configuration. As the music suddenly slowing down, the dancers drop themselves to the ground. And the stage turn pitch black.

Kenyataannya, ku hanya tidur dengan lampu menyala
Kenyataannya, aku gemetar saat di ketinggian
Kenyataannya, ku tak bisa kelahi, ku hanya bisa lari
Bagaimana aku bisa menjadi lelaki seperti kau inginkan?
In fact, I only sleep with the light on
In fact, I tremble at altitude
In reality, I can't fight, I can only run
How can I be the man you want?

The lights turn white again while on the big screen, the camera displays a close view of Bayu as he opens his eyes to sing the chorus. The beat of the music increases slowly. The camera on the other hand zooming out slowly. It passes one of the dancers who begin to rise. And when the beat is on the top, the dancers become more energetic. They run around the poles while jumping here and there while the camera still showing the front view of Bayu. It moves closer as the dancers also approach him. They caress his body as he continues the chorus until the last word.

Cukup, cukuplah sudah jangan teruskan, whoa
Cukup, cukuplah sudah jangan kau paksakan, whoa-oh-oh
Biarkan aku menjadi diriku
Menjadi lelaki versi diriku
Tak perlu engkau membandingkan yang lainnya

Cukup, cukuplah sudah jangan lakukan, whoa
Cukup, cukuplah sudah jangan memaksakan, whoa-oh-oh
Bebaskan aku menjadi diriku
Menjadi lelaki yang aku mau
Hentikan lah tuk membandingkan yang lainnya
Enough, enough, don't continue, whoa
Enough, enough, don't force it, whoa-oh-oh
Let me be me
Become a man version of myself
You don't need to compare others

Enough, enough, don't do it, whoa
Free me to be me
Be the man I want to be
Stop comparing others

The camera view how Bayu seems to be asking for a help as he sings the second pre-chorus. While the dancers ignore him. They are just swirling around him. Bayu tries to pull the chain that bind him. And as he struggles, the dancers approach him and take off the chain on his hand. He drops to his knees as he sings the last part of the pre-chorus.

Yang aku dengar, segala harap yang kau panjatkan
Yang aku dengar, semua sikap yang kau inginkan
Yang aku dengar, apa yang ku lakukan selalu saja kurang
Apakah aku bisa menggapai semua?
Atau aku akan hancur berantakan
What I hear is all the hopes you have
What I hear is all the attitude you want
What I hear is that what I do is always lacking
Can I achieve everything?
Or I'll fall apart

The white downlight become the only light left on the stage as Bayu is still on his knees. The camera gives a shot from the top of him which feature his neck and upper back. He rise up his head and his face are capture by the camera who is high above him. The camera then follows his head movement while the lights become wider and wider. Two of the dancers help him to stand up as he takes off the chains from his body. At the end of the bridge part, the flamethrower surprised the audience as Bayu finally free from the chains that bind him.

Sudah, hentikan semua terlalu banyak harapan yang ku terima
Ku hanya ingin jalani hari seperti biasa
Tanpa harapan, tanpa aturan yang buat ku mati rasa
That's it, stop everything, I have too many expectations
I just want to live my day as usual
Without hope, without rules that make me feel numb

The stage become more vibrant with a dance of colors especially red, blue and green. While Bayu follows the movement of the dancers as he sings the chorus. The dance become more energetic as the beat become stronger. Bayu moves forward and followed by the dancers. They dance on the edge of the stage facing the audience. The move makes the audience gone wild. The camera views the dance from edge to edge before getting back to the center where Bayu also dances his way following the song. He then makes a pose as the song ended which is capture by the camera and begin the center of the focus as the downlight come down to him while the other lights are turn off accompanied by another flamethrower who brings a scream from the audience.

Cukup, cukuplah sudah jangan teruskan, whoa
Cukup, cukuplah sudah jangan kau paksakan, whoa-oh-oh
Biarkan aku menjadi diriku
Menjadi lelaki versi diriku
Tak perlu engkau membandingkan yang lainnya

Cukup, cukuplah sudah jangan lakukan, whoa
Cukup, cukuplah sudah jangan memaksakan, whoa-oh-oh
Bebaskan aku menjadi diriku
Menjadi lelaki yang aku mau
Hentikan lah tuk membandingkan
Aku yang tau diriku
Enough, enough, don't continue, whoa
Let me be me
Become a man version of myself
You don't need to compare others

Enough, enough, don't do it, whoa
Free me to be me
Be the man I want to be
Stop comparing
I know myself

The audience continue to cheer after the performance ended. The light on the stage is back on again and Bayu is seen there with a wide smile and a heavy breath. He is not accustomed to dance, so it is a heavy works for him. "Thank you, Akjefuldin! Suksma!" he says before waving for the last time to the wild audience. He lightly run back to the backstage to mark the end of his performance.
Last edited by Pemecutan on Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Saviera
Spokesperson

Founded: May 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Saviera » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:06 am

.::: 37 ✾ Saviera :::.
Be the One
Lucia Dagenn
Tune: Sinaran by Sheila Majid

Lucia represented Saviera at the 95th WorldVision Song Contest in Yvesia, where she infamously broke into tears halfway through her entry and left being unable to finish it.

In the year or two since, she has reflected a lot on her past life and decided that she needed to change her outlook on life. It was time to move on, she thought. Still, that didn't mean that she had to change who she was.

As such, her song this time is in the same 80s tone as Do-Re-Mi, but is more optimistic. Rather than discuss the end of a relationship, this time she sings in hopes that her feelings are reciprocated by a lover. And once again, Lucia will be joined by a backing band on stage with a very 80s-inspired setup.

Lucia is wearing a glittery orange dress. As the song begins, at first she is nowhere to be seen. The cameras focus on the band. Eventually the beat kicks in and she walks onstage holding a mic and starts singing. Hopefully she won't cry this time!

I made you a little melody
World is watching, face the symphony
You don’t know if there is harmony
Play those notes, the rest is history

Lucia comes to a halt as she arrives in front of the band and takes over the spotlight.

Echoes of love, they chime
From our hearts, both yours and mine
If you look for signs, then, here is our sign!

She sings very confidently, and even this early in the song she looks like she's having a ton of fun on stage!

Be the one
Who is always by my side
Who will be here for the ride
On this journey we call ‘life’

Be my sun
That will brighten up my days
And I’ll find a way to feel your warm light
Even when you’re gone

As we go back to the chorus, Lucia starts walking around the stage, particularly near the edges where WorldVision fans await her. The cameras show fans reaching out towards her.

Sadness died on the cross of our paths
Happiness ascends, our love will last
Those old lonely days, they are no more
Now come moments that we’ve waited for

At this point she is closer to the edge of one side of the stage, she turns and is faced with a steadicam. On the TV it is overlaid with a retro camera filter. She sings the pre-chorus while facing this camera.

I cherish our time
As your hands are holding mine

Now she turns and walks back towards the center, where she was earlier.

Be the one
Who is always by my side

Be my sun
Even when you’re gone

Now a steadicam approaches her from the side of the stage, and as it spins around her she follows. Eventually she follows it as it goes toward the back of the stage, while she sings the bridge.

I wish you’d always stay
But I know, soon will end the day

When I look at the moon
And the light reflects you
Then I know I’ll
See you soon

She decides to stop by her guitar player and, as this instrumental break takes place, she dances and grooves along with her. Very lively scene, Lucia looks like she's having the time of her life!

And at this point, gone are the days of her sad past. She takes a few steps forward, singing confidently:

Echoes of love, they chime
As your hands are holding mine

As she really gets into the feel of the song, her body language really shows it. She moves along to the beat, her gestures reflecting what she is singing, and her face full of hope.

Be the one
Who is always by my side

Be my sun
Even when you’re gone

Now she goes forth and interact with the fans

Ooh-ooh-ooh
Du-du-du du… du-du
Du-du-du, du-du-du

Now she goes up to the front of the stage and interacts with the audience, shaking hands and hi-fiving some of them. Eventually she makes her way back to the band where she grooves along with them like during the instrumental break earlier.

Du-du-du du… du-du
Du-du-du, du-du-du

Eventually the song comes to an end and she takes a bow. Then she gets with her fellow performers and has her arms around them before they take a bow together. "Thank you!" she says as she waves at the audience and blows kisses at them, before they vacate the stage.

As she heads back, Lucia remembers her first WV attempt and how it ended a disaster—for her at least. She should have never let her emotions take over her on that fateful night in Yvesia. But tonight, she allowed her emotions to take over again, the difference being that these were happy emotions. And she doesn't regret that at all. As she steps backstage and hands her mic to a crew member, Lucia smiles, grateful that the WorldVision audience have given her a second chance.

Aenglide
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Aenglide » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:17 pm

Bella: And that was the final song there! Thank you to Saviera with their amazing performance by Lucia Dagenn!

The Akjefuldin crowd all cheers, as the cameras pan back to Bella Pjötrssen, who can be seen standing at the centre of the stage.

Bella: What an incredible night, right?

The entire audience shouts "YES!"

Bella: That is what we love to hear! Anyways, now comes the difficult part of the night. The points. Along with the juries of each country, all of you can participate in the voting too!

The cameras transition to a split screen, with Bella on the left half, beside a graphic showing how to submit a televote.

Bella: It's really simple. All you need to do is go onto your phone or whatever device you may be using, and go to the Worldvision websites. When we give the go ahead, the button on the website will open to everyone.

A wide pan shot of the entire stadium commences, with the crowd ready to officially begin the voting.

Bella: ARE WE READY AKJEFULDIN? ONE. TWO. THREE.

The audience joins in for the counting.

Bella: WORLD. START VOTING NOW!

Extreme cheers can be heard through out the Nardelisen Arena, in excitement for what is to come. Bella waits for the audience to calm down a bit before welcoming in the next guest for the interval act.

Bella:Before we can see the votes, however, we are going to welcome the wonderfully Akjefuldiner band The Mercantiles with their runners-up hit from Worldvision 97, "Benevolent Frequencies"!

The entire crowd cheers to welcome the big Aenglish band, known by many in the country and even outside in other nations. The song is performed exactly like their entry in Norfolk Pinewoods, Beepee, the host city of the 97th Worldvision Song Contest.

Interval Act
The Mercantiles - "Benevolent Frequencies"
Tune: Shapeshifter - In Colour

The extravagance
Of the many things we have to say
The comfort of the shining day
Makes me sway in glee
And in the shade, oh I weave astray

Positivity
Is the thing that keeps us aboard
Mutuality is benevolent
‘Cause its the only thing to do
It’s a choice that a single man never knew

This common ground fills me up with
Benevolent frequencies, yeah
It’s all about the joy and the ride of benevolence, yeah

Oh, the liveliness
I see the faces around me smiling
Living up to the benevolence
I can’t live without its light
And that’s the way that life should be

It’s all about the joy and the ride of benevolence, oh

Caring
Unity
I want you beside me
The ideal eternity, woah, oh oh

It’s all about the joy and the ride of benevolence, oh

The Mercantiles conclude their performance.

Bella: Ugh, you have just got to LOVE them! Oh yeah, whats that? Voting time.

Some people in the audience laugh and Bella's slight act there.

Bella: We will now begin with the jury votes. Good evening Saint Monkey, may I have your votes?
Last edited by Aenglide on Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AENGLIDE

The Federation of Aenglide | Federatig Ænglide | Fiterääne Angeeli | Ajunnuna Anigilaak | ᐱᑦᑲᓅᓇ ᐊᖏᓛᑦ/Pitkanuuna Angilaat

A LAND OF FOUR CONLANGS. Aenglic/Ænglik Sprök, Hööra, Uqqurapiata, Kuqaarii/ᑯᖄᕇ !

Standard English: /eɪŋliːd/
Aenglic: /ængliːdə/
WMCA Observer State | WorldVision Committee Member | IIWIKI Page | NS stats not canon

Saint Monkey
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 16, 2022
Civil Rights Lovefest

01: Saint Monkey

Postby Saint Monkey » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:46 am

#01: Saint Monkey is calling...

A Jury Member of Saint Monkeys jury steps into the camera. The first jury scores appear:

1 Point- Terra Zealandia
2 Points- Samudera Darussalam
3 Points- Illdonya
4 Points- Saviera
5 Points- Pemecutan
6 Points- StrayaRoos
7 Points- Brodhavan
8 Points- Northern Beepee
10 Points- Malta Comino Gozo

"Good Evening WorldVision! What an absolutely fantastic evening and contest. We absolutely loved it, and will definitely come back for more! Yes! Saint Monkey has announced that they will participate in WV112, after such a successful show! Also, everyone give Aenglide and Akjefuldin a massive applause for the fantastic contest!" (Crowd: WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!) "Now, the douze points from Chimpangutan and the Saint Monkey jury goes to..."

FURLANDBALL!!!!!! Congratulations!!! Good Night Everyone!!!!!!!
Last edited by Saint Monkey on Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
News:
-Jazz Box heading to Chiton, Beepee for WV114!
-BREAKING: Teriible/Perek Dictator announced dead by Teriiblean Officials
-Nations in the South Monkey and Monkey Peninsula discussing name changes, following Horrendous changing to Hanta Sith Mon.
-Fortre Tribe "making progress" with the newly discovered tribes, a tribal spokesperson said in a press conference earlier today.
The Confederacy of Saint Monkey

Quote: “If you want to be happy, be.”

NationVision, JWHF & WorldVision Results!

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2021

Postby StrayaRoos » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:50 pm

Altos: Hey Akjefuldin! I'm back for more of WorldVisionThe Roosian jury has voted, and we have our points!

1 point go to...Achaean Republic
2 points go to....Um...are you sure?...okay?...Placey Placington. The jurors must have been drunk.
3 points go to...Mother Cupcakke
4 points go to...Samudera Darussalam
5 points go to...Beepee
6 points go to...Plangainer
7 points go to...Saint Monkey
8 points go to...MALTA COMINO GOZO!

10 points go to...THE ALEZIAN UNION

And finally, Twelve points go to... UGUNNUSTAN!
Last edited by StrayaRoos on Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
Fly Air STR, the Spirit of StrayaRoos
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

Placely Placington
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 03, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Placely Placington » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:55 pm

03/30 - Placely Placington

Still running low on ideas so here's the lead singer of E Oe giving Placely's votes.

EO I A OO A E EE A EE AE E OI O AE AIO! I A A E OO O A I OU IE O I E E O U O EEOE AI A!

OE OI OE O AIEA!
O OI O O OU AOO!
EE OI O O AAIE!
OU OI O O AIO
IE OI O O IOA
I OI O O OE EEEE
EE OI O O AUEA AUAA!
EI OI O O EA EAAIA!
E OI O O AI OE!
A IA E EE OI O AE AIO O O IU!

1. Saviera
2. South Batoko
3. Plangainer
4. Waisnor
5. Illdonya
6. Northern Beepee
7. Samudera Darussalam
8. Terra Zealandia
10. Saint Monkey
12. Missus X

(Note: There was an edit to this post but that was because I forgot to include the usual Placely voting header thing. There have been zero changes otherwise)
Last edited by Placely Placington on Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obligatory wacky and "so random" puppet that you all know and are probably sick and tired of, brought to you by Elejamie.

Malta Comino Gozo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:28 pm

Good Evening WorldVision, Good Evening Aenglide! Hello, this is Valletta calling! My name is Mario Falzon and it is an honour for me to be here to give you the points from the Malta Comino Gozo Jury tonight! Firstly, I want to say the show was magnificent tonight. Bravo, Aenglide, and well done to everyone; I wish you all the best! Now, onto the votes!

7 Mister X
6 Kalosia
5 Saint Monkey
4 StrayaRoos
3 Plangainer
2 Furballland
1 Waisnor

Now the top points

Our 8 points this evening are awarded to lovely
Northern Beepee!

The 10 points are to a brilliant song, I have to say!
Samudera Darussalam!!

And finally, the 12 points from Malta Comino Gozo this evening go to a solid performance tonight so they go to... go to... build the suspense...
UGUNNUSTAN!!!

Thank you, and the best of luck!
Malta Comino Gozo WV Committee member. International Broadcast Alliance founding member. Member of the WMCAverse, Waisnor/Malta Comino Gozo/Carrelie/Alezian Union Achaean_Republic

Crustyland
Attaché

Founded: Oct 15, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Crustyland » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:33 pm

Hello WorldVision! This is Crustyland calling! Thank you for a great show Aenglide! Here are the points from Crustyland!

Gorden Ranwale

12 Waisnor
10 Pemecutan
8 Hafamarimët
7 Terra Zealandia
6 South Batoko
5 Malta Comino Gozo
4 Aenglide
3 StrayaRoos
2 Placely Placington
1 Mother Cupcakke

Thanks and goodnight!
Last edited by Crustyland on Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:50 pm

11 Ugunnustan 12
27 Waisnor 10
23 Alezian Union 8
16 Strayaroos 7
17 Malta Comino Gozo 6
07 Beepee 4
25 Illdonya 3