NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of the South Pacific

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Thu May 18, 2023 11:29 am

Madjack wrote:
The North Polish Union wrote:Nonsense.

Yes, everything you posted after this was.

Not only do you misunderstand what independence is, you also entirely misunderstand TNP's complaint over TSP's appointment of HS. I'm honestly surprised. I know you've never really been that quick on the uptake, but the Independent Manifesto has been around for a long time, and it's pretty clear on what it stands for.

Maybe pontificate less, and read more.

Did you not consider that I had exactly the Independent Manifesto in mind when I made my last post?

The ultimate objective of an Independent region’s diplomacy is to maximize utility for the region
--
collaboration can exist on the [...] condition that the other parties will acknowledge and respect the Independent region’s freedom to act in any capacity its self-interests dictate
--
decisions and guidelines on the types of military operations an Independent military may execute are adopted on the basis of regional interests

Need I go on?

Are these positions that signal to allies or potential allies that a region is a reliable partner, and not one who will abandon ship the moment partnership becomes a burden to their highly-utilitarian diplomatic philosophy?
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Sacred Butterfinger
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sacred Butterfinger » Thu May 18, 2023 11:41 am

The North Polish Union wrote:
The ultimate objective of an Independent region’s diplomacy is to maximize utility for the region
--
collaboration can exist on the [...] condition that the other parties will acknowledge and respect the Independent region’s freedom to act in any capacity its self-interests dictate
--
decisions and guidelines on the types of military operations an Independent military may execute are adopted on the basis of regional interests

Need I go on?

"Independent region wants to do what is best for said region"
"Independent region doesn't want other regions to infringe on its sovereignty"
"Independent region can decide themselves if they want to partake in an operation"

These are all radical ideas, oh my god. I'm flabbergasted.
Yes, you need to go on because I fail to see the problem.*
EDIT: *You fail to explain the non-existent problem.
Last edited by Sacred Butterfinger on Thu May 18, 2023 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruben
TNPer & Independent
Stubborn is my middle name.

NPU
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 20, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby NPU » Thu May 18, 2023 12:10 pm

Sacred Butterfinger wrote:
The North Polish Union wrote:
--
--

Need I go on?

"Independent region wants to do what is best for said region"
"Independent region doesn't want other regions to infringe on its sovereignty"
"Independent region can decide themselves if they want to partake in an operation"

These are all radical ideas, oh my god. I'm flabbergasted.
Yes, you need to go on because I fail to see the problem.*
EDIT: *You fail to explain the non-existent problem.

These of course become much easier to rationalise when one interprets them in the way that is most beneficial to their own interests. However, I do feel obligated to point out that the second excerpt I took from the Independent Manifesto and your condensation of it are two entirely different statements, more even than the condensations of the 1st and 3rd excerpts. All three excerpts point to a hyper-utilitarian diplomatic philosophy which, if taken seriously, would actually encourage 'Independent' regions to abandon their allies the moment an inconvenient situation arises. This sort of behaviour can be seen easily and perhaps most notably in the well-documented fact that NES sought to cooperate with both sides of the Milograd conflict in TSP to ensure that he and his would be the ultimate kingmakers of the region.

In this case TNP uses the good old line about their own regional sovereignty to object to TSP appointing an individual to an internal-facing cabinet position. Koth on the previous page points out that under TNP's regional sovereignty framework they have grounds to be concerned about this appointment. The question then is whether or not TNP has the right to likewise infringe on TSP's sovereignty by seeking to dictate their internal affairs; if TNP takes seriously that their diplomacy should be to "maximize utility for the region", then it would seem that they do have that right, TSP's interests be damned.

Of course, one could come to the conclusion that 'regional sovereignty' is all a farce, but I don't expect TNP to do that and instead to continue down their fruitless road.
I am a Proud Algerstonia Cultist with Pride and Honor. Algerstonia is my Dear Leader

Sacred Butterfinger
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacred Butterfinger » Thu May 18, 2023 12:29 pm

NPU wrote:-snip-

Cool. Take your consistently bad takes, which nobody asked for, and give them to people who actually care, which is probably no one.
Ruben
TNPer & Independent

Malice Sleet
Secretary

Founded: Mar 30, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Malice Sleet » Thu May 18, 2023 12:40 pm

Sacred Butterfinger wrote:
NPU wrote:-snip-

Cool. Take your consistently bad takes, which nobody asked for, and give them to people who actually care, which is probably no one.

npu's brand of unapologetic agendaposting is an art form, one that you lot could learn a lot from!
Do you really think you're righteous,
or is it just a lie you tell yourselves to help you go to sleep?

Sacred Butterfinger
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacred Butterfinger » Thu May 18, 2023 12:43 pm

Malice Sleet wrote:
Sacred Butterfinger wrote:Cool. Take your consistently bad takes, which nobody asked for, and give them to people who actually care, which is probably no one.

npu's brand of unapologetic agendaposting is an art form, one that you lot could learn a lot from!

I have always dreamt of reaching NPU's heights! One day, one day.
Ruben
TNPer & Independent

Chef Big Dog
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 17, 2017
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Chef Big Dog » Fri May 19, 2023 12:22 pm

Sporaltryus wrote:
Syberis wrote:Can we please, for the sake of my blood pressure and sleep schedule, not have a third?

That's a fantastic idea, and god knows I'm gonna try to avoid a third.

I have the upmost faith in your abilities.
Lone Wolves United - Hearts and Minds
Proud Griefer

Sporaltryus
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 01, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sporaltryus » Wed May 24, 2023 4:30 am

Fellow South Pacificans and to our Friends abroad,

As you may be well aware, Delegate of The North Pacific Gorundu has issued a statement outlining the question advanced in TNP’s Regional Assembly of whether to repeal the Aurora Alliance. Over the coming days, their legislative body will deliberate on this matter and a decision on retaining our formal alliance will be made.

The South Pacific has upmost respect for TNP’s prerogative to govern its affairs as however it sees fit, and this extends to its present discussion of this matter. Such is the bedrock of our longstanding relations with one another as the two oldest democracies in the world. Accordingly, it is on this unimpeachable premise that we shall respect whatever decision the RA arrives at.

Notwithstanding the ultimate outcome of TNP’s deliberations, the Coalition affirms, as it always has, our intentions to continue to cultivate positive relations with our neighbouring region and close partner.

The North Pacific will always have a friend in The South Pacific.

Yours truly,

Prime Minister of The South Pacific
ProfessorHenn (Sporaltryus)

Minister of Foreign Affairs of The South Pacific
Amerion

Sporaltryus/ProfessorHenn
Minister of Foreign Affairs of NationStates' Oldest Democracy
they/him

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Wed May 24, 2023 6:23 am

NS democracies are like slow burn fics, you either love watching the train wreck in slow motion or it's complete fucking agony
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

Past beans
Envoy

Founded: Jan 11, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Past beans » Wed May 24, 2023 6:32 am

Reventus Koth wrote:NS democracies are like slow burn fics, you either love watching the train wreck in slow motion or it's complete fucking agony

It entirely depends on how much time you have on your hands.
I’ll make factbooks when I think of shit to write about!

Improper Classifications
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Improper Classifications » Wed May 24, 2023 12:00 pm

Reventus Koth wrote:NS democracies are like slow burn fics, you either love watching the train wreck in slow motion or it's complete fucking agony

Somebody get the camcorder. This has got to be the GP event of the year.
Former Acolyte of Malice
Founder and Champion of Voidcall, Conqueror of Majesty and Pentarchs.
Legally proscribed in The South Pacific under On Concord.
The Imperial Federation of Improper Classifications

Mlakhavia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Mlakhavia » Wed May 24, 2023 12:01 pm

Improper Classifications wrote:

Somebody get the camcorder. This has got to be the GP event of the year.

It's only May. Don't tempt fate. :p
PRAF
THROUGH RED SKIES // TO GREEN FIELDS
Fight the Right: Join the PRAF!
Leningrad Airfield: Ruling the skies since 2021.
Leftist Reading Resources
Come to the Communist Bloc: NationStates' largest leftist region! ★

/ Independent of the Year 2023 / Air Marshal of the People's Revolutionary Air Force / Terror of Trinidad /

Perfidious trickster beloved by all*, legitimate Delegate of Warzone Trinidad, &c. 'Tyrant', 'unhinged', 'Misley 2', 'fucking annoying', 'a genuinely terrible person'
She / Her

[iota] — «being british is fine when you do it»
[nota] — «you embody the spirit of what i enjoy in raiding»
[wasc] — «Sleet is an amazing person, do not follow in her footsteps»

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed May 24, 2023 2:56 pm

Sporaltryus wrote:The North Pacific will always have a friend in The South Pacific.

Friends don't threaten friends.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Wed May 24, 2023 3:02 pm

It's nearly three years since #Mofanda promised to end the alliance with TNP. Sadly, I didn't get elected, and yet it looks like the alliance will come to an end anyway?

So that begs the question, what else from my campaign will come true in the coming months or years? :twisted:
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

The Nationalistic Republics of N Belarus
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 26, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Nationalistic Republics of N Belarus » Thu May 25, 2023 1:23 pm

This never would have been allowed to happen if Comrade Milograd was still in charge.
ALL FOR ALEKSANDR LUKASHENKA! URA! URA! URA!

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Thu May 25, 2023 7:53 pm

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:It's nearly three years since #Mofanda promised to end the alliance with TNP. Sadly, I didn't get elected, and yet it looks like the alliance will come to an end anyway?

So that begs the question, what else from my campaign will come true in the coming months or years? :twisted:

It takes some longer than others to see the light.

MANS0N
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 28, 2023
Anarchy

Postby MANS0N » Thu May 25, 2023 8:21 pm

The Nationalistic Republics of N Belarus wrote:This never would have been allowed to happen if Comrade Milograd was still in charge.

frfr

Drystar
Secretary

Founded: May 05, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Drystar » Fri May 26, 2023 6:37 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Sporaltryus wrote:The North Pacific will always have a friend in The South Pacific.

You have a very narrow definition of friendship.

A Bloodred Moon
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 13, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby A Bloodred Moon » Fri May 26, 2023 7:25 am

Drystar wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

Leave it to a TSPer to disagree with a statement as simple as “friends don’t threaten friends”, I suppose.
JoWhatup

Alpha Emeritus of Lone Wolves United - For Your Protection

Darcania
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Darcania » Fri May 26, 2023 10:25 am

A Bloodred Moon wrote:
Drystar wrote:

Leave it to a TSPer to disagree with a statement as simple as “friends don’t threaten friends”, I suppose.

Explains a lot, really. Can't deny that it fits within NSGP's general attitude, though :P

Sacred Butterfinger
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacred Butterfinger » Fri May 26, 2023 12:57 pm

Drystar wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

Ah, the TSPer with a twisted definition of friendship. What else is new?
Ruben
TNPer & Independent

Refiria
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Capitalizt

Postby Refiria » Fri May 26, 2023 2:09 pm

Drystar wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

Music for Airports

TPFKAQ
Only person to become WA Delegate of over 300 regions in one update, and second person to become WA Delegate of over 200 regions in one update
Founder, Admiral and Fleet Commander of Ijaka, Lieutenant and Commander of The Black Hawks, Big Six Tagger in Lily
Proud to be a citizen of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Basic disclaimer: I am always right. Worship my every move. Also, they/them

Drystar
Secretary

Founded: May 05, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Drystar » Tue May 30, 2023 10:44 am

Refiria wrote:
Drystar wrote:

Since you, at least loosely, asked for clarification. Friendship is never an open ended relationship. Say you’ve had a friend for a while, you’ve shared laughs and genuine amusement at events, but then your friend gets distracted by any number of things you find questionable. Do you not warn your friend that’s probably not the best choice? And if they ignore you, and their indulgences become a bit more unsavory, do you follow along blindly? Or do you at some point start warning your friend of possible consequences that could happen? A threat or warning can be interpreted in many different ways after all. Recall the old parent saying, “If your friend jumped off a bridge, would you do it to?”.

Mlakhavia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Mlakhavia » Tue May 30, 2023 10:56 am

Drystar wrote:
Refiria wrote:Image

Since you, at least loosely, asked for clarification. Friendship is never an open ended relationship. Say you’ve had a friend for a while, you’ve shared laughs and genuine amusement at events, but then your friend gets distracted by any number of things you find questionable. Do you not warn your friend that’s probably not the best choice? And if they ignore you, and their indulgences become a bit more unsavory, do you follow along blindly? Or do you at some point start warning your friend of possible consequences that could happen? A threat or warning can be interpreted in many different ways after all. Recall the old parent saying, “If your friend jumped off a bridge, would you do it to?”.

Yeah, of course, voting for an LWU resolution you co-authored is precisely the same gravity as throwing yourself off a bridge.

You are incredibly insightful.
PRAF
THROUGH RED SKIES // TO GREEN FIELDS
Fight the Right: Join the PRAF!
Leningrad Airfield: Ruling the skies since 2021.
Leftist Reading Resources
Come to the Communist Bloc: NationStates' largest leftist region! ★

/ Independent of the Year 2023 / Air Marshal of the People's Revolutionary Air Force / Terror of Trinidad /

Perfidious trickster beloved by all*, legitimate Delegate of Warzone Trinidad, &c. 'Tyrant', 'unhinged', 'Misley 2', 'fucking annoying', 'a genuinely terrible person'
She / Her

[iota] — «being british is fine when you do it»
[nota] — «you embody the spirit of what i enjoy in raiding»
[wasc] — «Sleet is an amazing person, do not follow in her footsteps»

Trivalve
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Trivalve » Tue May 30, 2023 1:05 pm

Mlakhavia wrote:
Drystar wrote:

Yeah, of course, voting for an LWU resolution you co-authored is precisely the same gravity as throwing yourself off a bridge.

You are incredibly insightful.

Dear lord you guys take things way to literally. It's a figure of speech, not an exact comparison.
Minister of On-Site Events the South Pacific, Delegates Advisory Council the South Pacific, Founder and Head ISO of Crimson Spire, former Local Councillor of the South Pacific, Creator and Head of the Regional Development program, former Deputy Councillor of the South Pacific.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay