NATION

PASSWORD

Campionato Esportiva 35 - Everything

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Asgharbad
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 01, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Asgharbad » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:01 pm

Asgharbad, is a nation that nobody has probably heard of and they had very good reason for that as well. Ever since the Brook invasion, the Islamic nation of Asgharbad has been lost in a void, a large web of darkness. Nearly 20% of the existing population in Asgharbad were transferred to Brookstation as working slaves and yet it is their very former colonisers who helped the nation come out of the void in recent times. Although the Brooks are hated throughout the nation of Asgharbad, the Asgharis are thankful to the Brook for one thing, the game of football.

As they put it, football spread faster than the authoritarian rule of the Brooks in Asgharbad and ever since the introduction of the game, football has become an integral part of the nation. Earlier, it was mainly the Brook officers who played the sport, allowing only a few Asgharis to play the sport but with the advent of time, when the tensions between the Brook and Asgharis began to settle, football was practiced throughout the streets of Asgharbad. The reason for football's popularity can also be explained due to nation's climate. Football is a sport, that can be played in almost any climatic conditions, be it under the scorching sun or underneath the howling and gushing rain. Furthermore, the sport doesn't require any major instalments or facilities, which made it all the more easier for the development of the sport in Asgharbad. The Brook government ensured the parallel development of football in the nation and subsequently, a national football league was established in the nation in 1975, with local club Al Wadedjah Tigers clinching the first title.

The real problems arose during the early 90s, when the struggle for freedom started in Asgharbad. Widespread revolts and subsequently violent responses from the Brook government found the nation in the midst of a massive political turmoil and in the following days, poverty, unemployment and widespread revolts plagued the nation further. It was obvious that there could be practically no development, leave alone the growth of sports. When Brookstation actually surrendered and Asgharbad's independence was secured, the nation found themselves in the midst of a bigger trouble. Firstly, the nation had to pull itself out of poverty, strife and hatred and only after these basic developments could they think of sports again. For almost a decade, football had disappeared from the nation but then it again made its return.

The resurrection of the nation was faster and much well planned than anyone could imagine and thus within only a few years, Asgharbad respawned as a more or less developed nation and the game of football was back into life. Football became an important part of the nation, which not only helped build harmony among the citizens and lead to a more co operative society but it also provided the youth an impetus to do something better, to do something for their nation, perhaps in the international stage?

Well, today, after so many decades, the answer finally lies in front of Asgharbad, the Campionato Esportiva, the biggest regional tournament in the region of Esportiva. Ideally, this wasn't the start Mazeed al Quadri and his men had expected but the start to any major manouever, is always difficult. This tournament won't be like any other regular tournament for the nation but would rather serve as a tournament to build up a base, a base that can hopefully be consolidated in the upcoming years. It will be a tournament to test the capabilities of the squad, something which al Quadri himself wasn't sure of. Surely, their very colonisers struggled massively in their intial days of international debut but surely, Asgharbad had to be better.

Now that we are aware of the significance of this particular edition of the Campionato Esportiva for Asgharbad, let's have a look at how this group actually looks for Asgharbad. Making it to the Round of 16 is itself going to be a stellar task for the team and making it thus far would be quite the achievement al Quadri can expect. In a group with regional powers like Esportivan Darmen and Ethane is a massive problem for the team but the biggest obstacle is obviously the nation of Brenecia, the nation with the highest number of regional titles. All this seems as nothing short of a nightmare for al Quadri and it all counts down to the last decisions of the coach and the performance of the team at large, perhaps with a pinch of luck.
The Republic of Asgharbad
President: Muneer al Abdullah | Capital: Aq Salim al Jabat | Population: 4.35 million | Demonym: Asghari
Former colony of Brookstation

Quebecois Acadiana
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Quebecois Acadiana » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:11 pm

Acadiana Football National Team

First things first...

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Godmod scoring events: Yes/No
RP injuries to my players: Yes/No
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes/No
Hand out penalties to my players: Yes/No
Eject my players: Yes/No
Godmod other events: Yes/No

Also...

Style Mod: -3.69

Now, let's have a look at this squad:

Nickname: Warriors
Acronym: ACA
Denonym: Acadianans
Official Supporters Group: Blue, Gold and Green

Manager: Thierry Yarran, 47
Assistant Manager: Grigorij Kubes, 39 (NZS)

After a long, celebrated career in both the AcaLeague and the Q-League, where he was the star midfielder of Hyacinthe of the South and pre-promotion-to-dynasty Mipojoseon, Thierry Yarran has made a decent managerial career with the Hyacinthe of the South before landing his position with the Acadinana national team for the second straight cycle. So far so good, as the previous CE where Acadiana played well, only to be denied entry into knockout round due to the federation's own financial issues that struck them midway into the tournament, so you never know what could happen the second time around.

That aside, they aren't a particularly exceptional pair with him and his assistant Grigorij Kubes, for most part, setting plans well but aren't always known to be the best in mid-game adjustments, but they do try now and then to shake things up for their team. They have also shown their openness to try different formations now and then, even if their usually preferred one would be 5-1-3-1, and they aren't shy in using relatively inexperienced players up front either.

So who knows, maybe they will actually pull something off! Or they might not. Who knows really.

Default Formation: 4-1-3-1
Approach: Slow tempo. Direct, narrow width, short passing lanes. Bit more centralised in terms of play. Strikers may enjoy long ball.
Starting XI: Jung; Chastanet - Yi-Swift - Wood-Beveridge - Vanunu - Nantel-Viau; Cha; Byeon - Umbarra - Tremaine; Grisset-Tassi
Key substitutes: DF Yim - DF Carter - DF Mirri-Garuu; MF Poulin - MF Lucio; FW Toypurina

#  POS. Name        Surname        Age ? Nat. Club  
01 GK Klemens JUNG 31 M NHV* Nyhavns Boldklub (Gatchingerrak Superliga)
12 GK Adrienne MIRRI-HOWLETT 26 F ACA Garigal City
30 GK Aidan HOLLIS-GORDON 20 M QUE Habpo Koreana (Championship.)
14 LB Louise-Anne CHASTANET 31 F NHV* BoIFK
02 LB Do-Gyoon YIM 23 M ACA Hyacinthe of the South
15 CB Cordell YI-SWIFT 30 M QUE Haligonian
03 CB Peter WOOD-BEVERIDGE 27 M QUE PLI Islanders
04 CB Odell CARTER 29 M QUE Wansan Noksaekjeonsa
19 CB Armand VANUNU 18 M TMZ Pere-Bellejoun
20 CB/RB Joon-Yim HWANG 21 F QUE BK Klampenborg (Championship.)
18 RB Odette NANTEL-VIAU 26 F ACA Murranbulla Hearts
28 RB Claude MIRRI-GARUU 19 M ACA Hyacinthe of the South
05 DM Alexis PORSAN-THAUVIN 35 M QUE Montreal City
06 DM/CM ELLISON CHA 26 M ACA RC Pont-Rouge
11 LM/LW Se-Jin BYEON 25 M QUE Leaside Lions
13 LM Yolaine POULIN 18 F ACA Bungunnia Cavalry
08 CM Larry UMBARRA 22 M QUE PLI Islanders
10 CM LUCIO Gagnon-Pietrini 32 M ACA Garigal City
07 RW/RM Ilhan TREMAINE 26 M QUE Heart of Saguenay
16 RM Despina GKOUNTOURA 28 F QUE Agawa Athletic
09 CF Theodore GRISSET-TASSI 24 M ACA Karagi Jets
17 RW/ST Marina TOYPURINA 19 F QUE Northandryun Rovers
21 FW Hyeon-Wook NOH 20 M NPG Armada Petrograd (Gatchingerrak Superliga)

The Tumbran Northlands
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 26, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Tumbran Northlands » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:01 am

RP Permissions

Style Mod: -5

Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: No.
RP injuries to my players: Yes. Maximum of 2 per match. I will decide length.
Godmod injuries to my players: No.
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes. Maximum of 3. Any more must be matched.
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes*. Maximum of 1. Any more must be matched.
Godmod other events: No.

Do not use pictures of RL players and claim they are my players.

COVID-19 does not exist in the Tumbran Northlands.

*As a general rule, just let me know before doing something egregious. Don't know what egregious means, or unsure that what you want to do breaks
this line? Telegram me or message me on Discord. I'm on the NSS server.

The Tumbran Northlands
Regional Football Team

What do you do when you're a not-really-nation-nation that's basically a colonial enterprise in need of a football team? Why, pluck footballers from the second tier of Tumbran football, of course. Having a passport's enough to be granted citizenship — and these players all got their beautiful dark blue passports in time for the squad announcement. Of course, this comes with a hefty sum of money. Who were the twenty-six footballers foolhardy enough to declare for a not-really-nation-nation? Well...

Campionato Esportiva 35 - Squad
Goalkeepers
No Pos Name Sex Age Club Caps CS

1 GK Michael Weatherford M 32 Ashton Rovers [TMB] 0 0
12 GK Tim Poole M 24 Cobham Town [TMB] 0 0
13 GK Simon Grech M 28 Trelmont Rangers [TMB] 0 0

Defenders
No Pos Name Sex Age Club Caps Gls

2 LB Arthur Ackerman M 25 North Thornton United [TMB] 0 0
18 LB Christian Langford M 29 Carter United [TMB] 0 0

4 CB Gary Lewis [c] M 34 AFC Gillman [TMB] 0 0
5 CB Tim Clarke M 23 Readale Wanderers [TMB] 0 0
14 CB Sarah Corbett F 27 Ricci Ironworkers [TMB] 0 0
20 CB Bryan Chappelle M 26 Guillemard Town [TMB] 0 0
24 CB James Kaufman M 25 Ridgewell United [TMB] 0 0

3 RB Paul Wakefield M 27 Glenmont AFC [TMB] 0 0
19 RB Hayden Williams M 23 Gelder Creek [TMB] 0 0

Midfielders

7 LM Graeme Lawrence M 25 Free Agent 0 0
17 LM Daniel Phelps M 30 Cobham Town [TMB] 0 0

6 CM Jacob Black [vc] M 30 Guillemard Town [TMB] 0 0
8 CM David Liddell M 25 New Timbourne Knights [TMB] 0 0
15 CM Ann Blunt F 22 Hendon Cardinals [TMB] 0 0
16 CM James Gardiner M 26 Washington City [TMB] 0 0
23 CM Colin Sinclair M 31 Heath Bay Mariners [TMB] 0 0
25 CM Ivan Whitworth M 20 Tavistock Park [TMB] 0 0

9 RM Benny Sullivan M 23 Tavistock Athletic [TMB] 0 0
21 RM Trevor Austin M 27 Glenmont AFC [TMB] 0 0

Strikers

10 ST Derek Scott M 22 Guillemard Town [TMB] 0 0
11 ST Neil Summers M 29 Carrington Town [TMB] 0 0
22 ST Thomas Kershaw M 23 Trelmont Rangers [TMB] 0 0
26 ST Alexis Coxton F 20 Mackay Rovers [TMB] 0 0

Manager: Colin Barrendale, 54, Tumbra
THE TUMBRAN NORTHLANDS
The Northlands — soon to be Tumbra's 26th state.
Population: ~500,000 | TLA: NTM | Capital and Largest City: Port Willoughby
Domestic News | Domestic Sports
Chief Executive/Administrator: Percy Blunt (Independent) | First Minister: vacant

Hallikshire
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallikshire » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:04 am

Hallikshire's Roster for CE35

Nation Trigramme: HKR
Team Colors: Green, Blue
Team Nickname: Alligators
Demonyms: Gothanitans (referring to people from TGI in general), Hallikshireans (people from Hallikshire)

Player List
#1 - Corey Casales, 36 - M (HKR) - GK - FC Tyrani
#12 - Matti Hase, 38 - M (HKR) - GK - Daris Si Solam
#23 - Abraam Lundquist, 37 - M (HKR) - GK - Daris Si Solam

#3 - Marcellina Geary, 39 - M (HKR) - LB - 1093 Kayirs
#2 - Charlee Harel, 31 - M (HKR) - RB - FC Tyrani
#4 - Timotheos Dunn, 40 - M (HKR) - CB - Daris Si Solam
#5 - Karl-Heinz MacNevin, 37 - M (HKR) - CB/LB - Trieste Rangers
#14 - Matthew Idowu, 33 - M (HKR) - LB - Daris Si Solam
#13 - Ren Rani, 30 - F (HKR) - RB - TX Hongsire
#15 - Natille Dressler, 38 - F (HKR) - CB - 1093 Kayirs
#16 - Kristi Mägi, 37 - M (HKR) - CB - FC Tyrani

#6 - Amalija Bothe , 40 - M (HKR) - CM/DCM - Daris Si Solam
#10 - Jocowitch Hans, 32 - M (HKR) - ACM - Daris Si Solam
#11 - Vigga Hase, 38 - M (HKR) - LM - Daris Si Solam
#7 - Hailee Askes, 36 - F (HKR) - RM - Daris Si Solam
#17 - Terhi Chandler, 31 - M (HKR) - CB/DCM - Rotteinme 93
#21 - Ljubica Ingesson, 37 - M (HKR) - ACM/CF - Prezo Hongsire
#22 - Akaki Jack, 37 - M (HKR) - LM - 1093 Kayirs
#18 - Mortimer Knepp, 34 - M (HKR) - RM - Alor Hangor FC

#8 - Goliath Jackson, 37 - M (HKR) - CF - Daris Si Solam
#9 - Adelia Kelly , 38 - F (HKR) - CF/RW - FC Tyrani
#19 - Algar Henderson, 36 - M (HKR) - CF/LW - Rotteinme 93
#20 - Jack Holmson, 35 - M (HKR) - CF/LW - FC Tyrani

Players numbered #1 to #11 are default starters. Other players can be substituted whenever necessary.

Head Coach and Playing Style
Silas Unterbrink, 58
The manager was appointed as manager following the formation of the Hallikshire football team. Previously, he served as team manager of Daris Si Solam, leading them to a strong performance over his 8-year tenure, before he left to become the first manager of the Hallikshire football team. His playing style is rather flexible, being relatively balanced, but bringing forth a bit of attacking or defending flavour depending on the players. He builds his strategies around the players, and has decided to go with a slightly aggressive possession-based strategy this time.

Style Modifier: +0.369
Formation: 4-4-2

I give my opponents permission to do the following for their RPs:
- Choose my starting lineup, goalscorers, substitutes. This must be done in reference to the details provided in pre-match RPs/main roster, such as the 11 starters listed above, and the players' styles.
- Godmod any scoring events, subject to these events being realistic. (Eg. Long range balls from midpoint line/goalkeeper line is allowed, RPing a fast ball boy that allowed for the corner to take place amid chaos is allowed, but something like having a pigeon swoop down from the sky to push a ball in is not allowed. Go through with me what you plan and I may easily accept it.)
- RP or Godmod injuries to my players. These injuries can occur inside or outside the match, however, you only RP what happened. (Do TG me so that I will take notice, especially for godmodded ones.) The extent of injuries, as well as the duration of the player being out, is decided by me.
- Hand out yellow and red cards to my players. However, the number of red cards can only be 1 more than the number of red cards you give your own players.
- RP or Godmod any other events, with the exception of any pandemic-related events. No pandemic in my nation, no pandemic on my players.
Last edited by Hallikshire on Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Esportiva member of The Gothanita Isles
IC Flag TBC

Sylestone
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sylestone » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:18 am

The below Hallikshire RP has counted for this matchday's round of results.

Group A
Sylestone 3-1 Gouvanarch * scorinated by Poafmersia
Irithoren 2–4 Dod Rava
Hannasea 1
–0 Lozho

Group A               Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Dod Rava 1 1 0 0 4 2 +2 3
Sylestone 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2 3
3 Hannasea 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
4 Lozho 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
5 Gouvanarch 1 0 0 1 1 3 −2 0
Irithoren 1 0 0 1 2 4 −2 0

Group B
Neomaris 1–1 Nova Anglicana AZE
Natanians and Nosts 4–1 Boring Paradise
BET Njaza 0–3 The Tumbran Northlands

Group B                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Natanians and Nosts 1 1 0 0 4 1 +3 3
The Tumbran Northlands 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3
3 Neomaris 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
Nova Anglicana AZE 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
5 BET Njaza 1 0 0 1 0 3 −3 0
Boring Paradise 1 0 0 1 1 4 −3 0

Group C
Macbon 0–0 Ceyne Isles
Kita-Hinode 0–2 Acadiana
Zirahuen 0–7 Xanneria

Group C              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Xanneria 1 1 0 0 7 0 +7 3
2 Acadiana 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Ceyne Isles 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Macbon 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
5 Kita-Hinode 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0
6 Zirahuen 1 0 0 1 0 7 −7 0

Group D
Katterimunk 4–3 Fhulghamous Peninsula
South Newlandia 2–0 Capital Cove
United Dispian Quarters 0–2 Tumbra

Group D                    Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 South Newlandia 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
Tumbra 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Katterimunk 1 1 0 0 4 3 +1 3
4 Fhulghamous Peninsula 1 0 0 1 3 4 −1 0
5 Capital Cove 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0
United Dispian Quarters 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Group E
Cap Nord 1–0 Drehda
Racing 2–4 Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom
Robostania 3–3 Josifovo

Group E                      Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom 1 1 0 0 4 2 +2 3
2 Cap Nord 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Josifovo 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
Robostania 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
5 Drehda 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
6 Racing 1 0 0 1 2 4 −2 0

Group F
Esportivan Darmen 5–3 Hallikshire
Ethane 1–0 Asgharbad
Brenecia 1–1 Bongo Johnson

Group F              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Esportivan Darmen 1 1 0 0 5 3 +2 3
2 Ethane 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Bongo Johnson 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
Brenecia 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
5 Asgharbad 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
6 Hallikshire 1 0 0 1 3 5 −2 0
Last edited by Sylestone on Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Football: WC94 Qualifiers, CE35&36 semifinalists
Cricket: GCF WT20 XVI champions, ODI WT II semifinalists, GCF WT20 XV semifinalists, EspoT20 I&II champions
BoF 74, CoH 78, CoH 81, GCF WT20 XV, HWC 24, EspoT20 I&III

Hallikshire
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallikshire » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:20 am

The Gothanita Times
"Wokeanaia" submits to the CAFA Cup without any agreement from the GIFC: Statement
A combined statement from the Gothanitan Isles Football Confederations and the 4 member associations have expressed deep regret at the submission of a host bid and team entry by the region of Wokean, adding that the region of Wokean continues to be a member of North Handoria and therefore should be ineligible for submission into the CAFA Cup.

In the statement, the respective football confederations, which includes Otksarin Football Association (OFA), Football Association of North Handoria (FANH), Football Federation of South Jeolerina (FFSJ) and the Hallikshiran Federation of Football (HFF), have indicated that they didn't expect the "sports washing" of the Wokean dispute by trying to seek recognition in a separate region from the regions of the 4 Gothanitan member states. The territory currently still remains as part of Atlantian Oceania, and the players of the Wokean team are still members of the FANH by association status. "There was no negotiation whatsoever on the part of this so-called Wokeanaia Football Confederation, which was formed against the charter of the GIFC," the statement read. "The GIFC has pledged support for the 4 member nations to participate in their respective regions, but did not expect a fifth team to come out of nowhere and attempt to affect the preperations of the North Handorian regional team."

In particular, the FANH has also confirmed that the squad members of this so-called "Wokean team" will be removed from their positions in FANH member clubs, as well as removed from eligibility from participating in FANH-sanctioned competitions. "The FANH has also applied for members who claim to be part of this new WFC to be removed from the Gothanitan Football League. We are currently discussing the motion and understand that some clubs have taken their own step of suspending the said players. The actions taken by the clubs are perfectly valid given our lack of stand."

The next two months will be a very busy period for TGI regions, as they head towards their respective regionals. Starting off first will be the Campionato Esportiva, with Hallikshire playing their first game tomorrow against Esportivan Darmen in Sylestone.
Esportiva member of The Gothanita Isles
IC Flag TBC

Drehda
Attaché

Founded: Sep 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Drehda » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:58 am

Stubborn Goshawks fall to clinical Whalers

National head coach Jessica Greenwood made her competitive debut against a glittering Cap Norian side in a noble but ultimately futile display.

Greenwood's Goshawks couldn't have asked for a much tougher first test as they lined up against #3 overall ranked Whalers and did provide a credible performance against such vaunted opposition.

Starting XI

#1 Chris White
# 2 LWB Oscar Lopez
# 3 CB Yossi Leventhal (C)
#4 CB Angelo Marquez
#17 CB Arsenio Gonzalez
#6 RWB Alvin O'Gallagher
#7 DM Ewan Curry
#8 CM Henrik Hellman
#9 CM Pete Jacks
#10 CAM Donovan Reede
#11 ST Sándor Mészöly

Sticking with the same formation and largely the same personnel, Greenwood's primary task has been to boost the mood around the squad and bring the best out of these players. Despite the significant gulf in reputation and quality, Greenwood sent her men out with positive intent and looked to utilise the speed and athletism from the wing back positions and mercurial talents of Reede and Mészöly up front.

While they were unable to keep the ball for significant periods of time, Drehda were able to win set plays in key positions and build from those opportunities. Mészöly was given the personal attentions of Crester Wanderers centre back Pat O'Sullivan and time and time again was able to nick the odd foul when nothing else was on offer. Open play generally consisted of the Whalers recycling the ball in the Drehdan half looking for openings, so each cheap free kick allowed the play to reset and release the pressure. Despite the better field position, Drehda weren't able to convert any of these set plays into goals.

Young Currilow goalkeeper Chris White was protected from excessive workload by a brave and committed defensive unit who communicated well and put their bodies on the line in every tackle and block. When shots did through, White made himself equal to the task and pulled off note worthy saves to repel a low stinging drive from Theodor Bissett after 27 minutes and a powerful Till Myrrheim header just before half time.

The sides went into half time level at 0-0, a match situation with bouyed the mood of the Drehda players. Tyrelle Burns came on for Pete Jacks in central midfield and Victoria Shankwell's Jamal Orozco was brought on for attacking playmaker Reede.

The Goshawks best chance came in the 51st minute with a strike from Mészöly rounding off a rare team move. Tyrelle Burns sprung upon a loose pass in his own half and was able to drive forward beyond the halfway line. A clever pass with the outside of the boot found Orozco in space. Orozco skipped past his marker and then cut the ball back for Mészöly who curled a shot goalwards which left Johannes Marzinn rooted to the spot. The collective breath of the gathered Bay Reserve crowd was held but it was the Cap Nordian sighing with relief as the ball cracked off the post and deflected back to the feet of a scrambling defender who hooked it clear.

The stubborn Drehdan rearguard action was broken on the 68th minute with a goal from #11 Rohan Williams. Despite their hardwork and constant communication, Williams was able to drop into a pocket of space and lose his marker before launching a perfectly timed run into the penalty area to connect with a through pass and dink the ball over the out-rushing Chris White. A delightful delicate first time finish to crush the Drehdan spirit.

The Goshawks gave a great level of effort throughout but going a goal down and their collective fatigue proved too great a mountain for them to overcome. Cap Nord skillfully marshalled out the remaining portion of the game before the final whistle handed them the 3 points. Greenwood will take heart from the valiant resistance and commitment but all eyes will now turn to their remaining fixtures. Results in other games keep alive their faint hopes of securing a third place finish in this group, but the new boss will know her team can't afford to let any more games slip away from them.

Fhulghamous Peninsula
Spokesperson

Founded: May 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fhulghamous Peninsula » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:43 am

THE COLONY OF THE FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL TEAM

The Colony of the Fhulghamous Peninsula (Full-Gah-Moose) was first established on 6 December 2008, when Fleftic explorers landed on what was then a previously undiscovered continent. These explorers landed on a large peninsula that they named Fhulghamous because of its rich and lush green forests. One of the explorers then fell into an old mine shaft while exploring the peninsula and discovered that the entire peninsula was lying on top of one of the biggest diamond deposits ever discovered by mankind. Once the explorers announced their discovery to the Fleftic government, the Democratic Republic Army Corps of Engineers was quickly dispatched to help speed up the establishment of the colony by helping in constructing settlements and assisting in constructing mining facilities to extract the diamonds within the land.

The Colony of the Fhulghamous Peninsula was officially established as a colony of the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft on 6 September 2010 following the signing of Democratic Republic Act No. 2340. The colony's capital would be Port Thimpodopoulos, named after Sergeant Major Pythagoras Thimpodopoulos of the Army Corps of Engineers, who tragically died of a heart attack during the construction of the settlement that would eventually bear his name. Today, Port Thimpodopoulos has a population of ten million, accounting for just under half of the total population of the colony. Other cities in the colony were Besanza, Tadoki, Haritzaga City and Thereisnogodabad, home of Multiverse Premier League club Thereisnogodistan FC.

The colony is under the leadership of Governor-General Petrarchos Kulbano, brother of Minister of Colonial Affairs Demetrios Kulbano. His rule saw the Fhulghamous Peninsula's ascent to being one of the most economically-productive colonies of the Democratic Republic, but due to the colony's distance from the mainland Governor Kulbano is slowly beginning to treat the colony as his own personal fiefdom. This was one of the reasons why he had decided to send forth a petition to send a national team to the Di Bradini Cup, the Multiverse's top under-21 football competition. Unfortunately due to some last-minute troubles, the Fhulghamous Peninsula's team was not allowed entry into the Di Bradini Cup, leaving many people in the colony a bit unfulfilled. But when another chance to send forth a national team revealed itself, Governor Kulbano was quick to submit his team's entry, and this time he made sure that the wouldn't miss out on another chance at participating in an international competition.

BASIC INFORMATION
Name of Nation: The Colony of the Fhulghamous Peninsula
Demonym: Fhulghamousian, Colonist
Team colors: Green and gray
Manager: Wellington Acuña (72 y/o, Abanhfleft)

STARTERS
GK: Thanasis Tsiros (27 y/o, Charalambos FC)
RB: Bruno Bravo (28 y/o, Marinos Thimpodopoulos [Abanhfleft], co-captain)
RCB: Miltiadis Mouzakis (28 y/o, Nou Constantinopoli [Abanhfleft])
LCB: Ermolaos Katsikas (27 y/o, FC Aeaea Albion)
LB: Mariano Suarez Iglesias (24 y/o, Nuevo Guadix CF)
RM: Edgardo Quinterno (27 y/o, Asparagus Thistle)
RCM: Tilemachos Dermentzis (28 y/o, Heliopolisspor)
LCM: Krystallis Antonakakis (30 y/o, UD Nuevo Carthago)
LM: Priamos Kontoulis (28 y/o, Heliopolisspor)
RS: Anselmo Iñiguez (28 y/o, Atletico Bed Deg [Copper Cuprum], captain)
LS: Giorgis Agiasmenakis (28 y/o, EA Tatouwine)

RESERVES
GK: Tadeo Roman (25 y/o, Deportivo Pequeña Melilla)
GK: Dimokritos Kapias (24 y/o, RCD Nueva Ceuta)
DF: Basilio Silvestri (24 y/o, OGC Nou Nicaea)
DF: Polynikis Kalyftakis (21 y/o, Charalambos FC)
DF: Kallis Vural (19 y/o, FC Aeaea Albion)
MF: Besim Bušić (19 y/o, EA Tatouwine)
MF: Meheni Ziane (22 y/o, Marinos Thimpodopoulos [Abanhfleft])
MF: Zakaria Fihraoui (22 y/o, Marinos Thimpodopoulos [Abanhfleft])
MF: Silas Babalioutas (20 y/o, Athletic Dorfdifving [Abanhfleft] on loan from Rosenpfelblatz City [Abanhfleft])
FW: Alibek Sokolov (22 y/o, RCD Nueva Ceuta)
FW: Gerasimos Mouratidis (27 y/o, Nou Philippopolis)
FW: Magdy El-Romy (27 y/o, Vay Deg Eels A.F.C. [Copper Cuprum])

NOTES
If the Fhulghamous is facing a higher-ranked opponent then Iñiguez is the captain.
If the Fhulghamous is facing a lower-ranked opponent then Bravo is the captain.

KITS (by Adidulas)

HOME STADIUM (ARENA MARINOS, PORT THIMPODOPOULOS)
Arena Marinos is the home ground of both FC Marinos Thimpodopoulos, which plays in Abanhfleft's Premier League (first level of the Fleftic football league system) and the Fhulghamous Peninsula national football team. It has a total capacity of 35,673 spectators. Now back in service after a magnitude 6.2 earthquake caused part of the stadium's roof to collapse and devastated the capital city of the colony, necessitating a lot of repairs.

RICHARD DAWKINS PARK, THEREISNOGODABAD
Richard Dawkins Park has a capacity of 23,171 spectators. Following a magnitude 6.2 earthquake that devastated Port Thimpodopoulos, all Fhulghamous Peninsula home matches were held in RDP in Thereisnogodabad while repairs were being made on Arena Marinos. With Arena Marinos now fixed, both the Fhulghamous Peninsula Football Association and Thereisnogodistan FC have reached an agreement in which RDP will serve as an alternate venue for national team games in recognition for the time that Richard Dawkins Park served as the home stadium of the national team following the earthquake.

RP PERMISSIONS (This also applies to the other sports as appropriate)
Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes (but I decide the severity and length)
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes (maximum of 3 per game)
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes (only 1 per 2 games)
Godmod other events: Yes (TG me first before posting anything)

Style modifier: +2.25 (Positive two point two five)
Governor General: Petrarchos Kulbano || Lieutenant Governor: Nadejda Palomarska
Capital: Port Thimpodopoulos || Population: 21,046,399

Abanhfleft's Esportivan colony

The Tumbran Northlands
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 26, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Tumbran Northlands » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:33 am

Carver, Ronald F., Daniel J. Heinemann, Ann McDermott, Matthew S. Heaney, Donald Tsui, and Fatiha Aslam. "The Status of the Tumbran Northlands In Legislation and Tumbran Federal Constitutional Law Cases." Journal of Constitutional Law 184, no. 2 (February 2033): 309-322. (Excerpts)

[...] It is, of course, no surprise that the status of the Northlands is a subject of heavy dispute amongst those in Tumbra, regardless of political leanings. Rarely has the country embarked on such a controversial move with regards to foreign policy since the military action on Saint Edward's Island in 1984. Slightly less controversial has been the status of the Northlands vis-à-vis Tumbra, with there being variable amounts of confusion over whether the territory is exactly that — a territory, a prospective state, an independent legal entity, or otherwise. The authors, irrespective of their stances on the Northlands issue, recommend that the Government of Tumbra explicitly clarify the status of the Northlands, as the current situation, which can at best be described as muddled and confused, is likely to give rise to conflicting methods of approaching the Northlands in international law and in domestic constitutional law [...]

[...] The Northlands Expansion Act 2024, which is essentially the founding document establishing the country's claim over the territory, sets out the territory as an organised, unincorporated territory of the Federal Republic, at least initially. The terms, which originate from the Empire Holdings Act 1878, gives Parliament the power to determine how parts of Tumbra that are not officially states are governed. Territories with local governments created by Parliament are called organised; territories governed directly from Straton are called unorganised. Territories where the Constitution of the Federal Republic are called incorporated; and territories where the Constitution does not apply, either wholly or in part, are called unincorporated. A brief look through parliamentary records at this time notes that the intended purpose of this Act and the definition of these terms was to facilitate the eventual accession of former Empire of Tumbra holdings to the Federal Republic. As most would know, however, this never came to pass; almost every single territory was granted independence, ostensibly because the Tumbran state, itself running into huge amounts of debt in attempting to rebuild its shattered economy after a twelve-year civil war, could not afford the maintenance of its predecessor's colonial holdings. The Act has therefore never actually been exercised, leading to a wide degree of interpretation of how a theoretical state's accession to the Federal Republic would occur [...]

[...] Yet the first problem was when the Ministry of Northern Affairs was established soon after, effectively running the Northlands from the safety of Straton. Even after the two major settlements of the Northlands — Port Willoughby and Blackthorn — were established, precious little staff actually moved to the Northlands. There was government, but it was extremely limited; and its purview was limited to simply local government. The settlers of the Northlands were not given the opportunity to govern themselves; every single person in a place of authority for the first five years was directly imported from Straton, if they even set foot in the territory; most notably, the first Chief Executive, David Mallory, never stepped foot in the territory throughout his eighteen-month tenure. His successor, former minister (and widely-accepted political surrogate) Kevin Steinmann, was largely based out of Straton. Government in the Northlands could hardly be considered "organised" [...]

[...] Quite famously, as expressed in Hannigan v. Tumbra, the Northlands is unincorporated; this has never been much an issue of contention. Much more focus has been placed on the non-applicability of almost the entirety of the Constitution's basic provisions on the rights of the person to the Northlands. While they have, by far and large, been respected, the suspension of habeas corpus as the state struggled to deal with the Northern Insurgency (euphemistically referred to as a 'pacification' in recent years, and particularly since the country claimed victory over the United Clans) brought particular concern to activists. The State of Emergency in the Northlands may have been lifted, but the question of rights in the territory has yet to be answered; and while Tumbra has promised that the Constitution will soon apply to the Northlands in full, there has been no movement towards this [...]

[...] Intriguingly, the Northlands therefore seeks to be in limbo legally. The Constitution does and does not apply at the same time; government is simultaneously devolved to Port Willoughby and yet power is retained in Straton. The Ministry of Northern Affairs, de jure run by the Prime Minister but de facto administered by the Minister of State for the department and the Minister without Portfolio, seems continually reluctant to devolve power beyond basic municipal and taxation facilities to Port Willoughby. With the announcement of elections held in the Northlands for an eighty-seat Territorial Assembly, one particularly curious fount of struggle for the first-ever elected Northlands government looks set to be between Straton and whomever the First Minister will be. Straton seems content to make vague promises of a merger "sometime in the future" and yet keeping the Northlands at arms' length, seemingly happy to get around constitutional bounds on power, escaping parliamentary scrutiny and essentially running the Northlands as its own fiefdom.
THE TUMBRAN NORTHLANDS
The Northlands — soon to be Tumbra's 26th state.
Population: ~500,000 | TLA: NTM | Capital and Largest City: Port Willoughby
Domestic News | Domestic Sports
Chief Executive/Administrator: Percy Blunt (Independent) | First Minister: vacant

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:34 am

United Dispian Quarters 0-2 Tumbra

TMB (4-2-3-1): 1 - Barker; 2 - Renton (18 - Hawthorn, 82'), 5 - Ashburn (20 - Proudfoot, 75'), 24 - Lawson, 3 - Mercurio; 15 - McCormick, 16 - Robertson, 10 - Cole (23 - Coleman, 75'); 7 - Wells, 21 - Hardaker (9 - Crossley, 85'), 11 - Riordan (22 - Henshaw, 85')

TMB scorers: Phil Cole [16'], Nick Riordan [50']

Player of the Match: Phil Cole [TMB]

Selection of headlines on a random morning at a newsagents' in Couno.

As dissolution looms, Liberals edge into convincing lead yet overall result projections remain close

Polling of first preference votes across the current parliamentary term

THE final polls before an expected dissolution of Parliament are here; and almost all of them are in agreement that the Liberals have eked out a small yet convincing lead in the first preference votes after several political victories in the first half of the year. The biggest boons for the Prime Minister, of course, have turned out to be his victory over the terrorist group known as the "United Clans" in the Northlands, and the improved fiscal situation brought about after a hefty welfare reform package was passed in Parliament, raising the country's retirement age to 66 in the process.

Yet, the Liberals' path to an overall majority in Parliament seems unclear; they must gain seats in the Labour-friendly eastern part of the country to hit the magic number of 326 seats, which two elections held in a matter of months four years ago were unable to deliver. What looks set to make things even more difficult for the Liberals is the rebound in Labour's primary vote as it regains support from the left-wing Alliance, which could place several key marginal seats in states like Bechor and Clearmont out of reach of the Liberals.

Still, it is widely accepted that the Liberals will win the election, due by August 2033; it is only a matter of whether the incumbent governing coalition between the Liberals and Moderates will need to be renewed or if the Liberals will be able to go it alone.

Black Eagles run out convincing 2-0 victors over Campionato newcomers as speculation over next Tumbra manager remains high

TUMBRA'S campaign for a fourth Campionato Esportiva trophy got off to a rocket start as goals from Phil Cole and Nick Riordan saw the Black Eagles ease past the United Dispian Quarters in Avondale. The game was largely controlled by Tumbra throughout, though Dispian counterattacks did force a save from goalkeeper Nick Barker near the end of the first half. Interim manager Peter Gabriel, speaking after the match, commented that the game was "good, and a wonderful start for the Black Eagles," while remaining more coy on the prospect of him getting the job permanently. Gabriel, who has taken charge of the squad on two separate occasions before this, has served as assistant manager for the side for over twelve years now, and is thought to harbour a desire to move into club management sooner rather than later.

The Tumbran Football Federation, itself embroiled in internal politics regarding the future of the Tumbran Football League, has apparently not yet come to a conclusion on who the next full-time manager of the Tumbran national team will be; though there is widespread consensus that after nearly a decade of Yue manager Yuan Zilai at the helm, coinciding with the most successful period of the Black Eagles' ever, the next manager of the Tumbran national team will be a Tumbran citizen. Names that have been floated for the position include Hesham manager William Wight and Ridgewell manager Chris Haines; with Steve Nicholls, the long-serving manager of Omnio in Chromatika, mooted as a dark horse candidate for the position.

POP SINGER HASEGAWA TO DIVORCE HUSBAND OF THREE YEARS

Pop singer Rebecca Hasegawa, 24, has filed for divorce from her husband of three years, Tom Sharpe, citing "irreconcilable differences" in their marriage. Music producer Sharpe, 39, and Hasegawa, best known for her self-titled album Rebecca, got married in an elaborate ceremony three years prior which paid tribute to Hasegawa's Riennic heritage. At the time, the marriage was roundly criticised for the age gap between the two and the unequal power dynamics of music producer and scouted talent. Hasegawa, however, in a single titled Nectarine, refuted all the accusations in an explosive power ballad.

Speculation over the two's relationship grew after Hasegawa attended the TIKE Music Awards, hosted in Bencoolen in March, alone; Sharpe had reportedly moved out of their nuptial flat in Straton by this point. Hasegawa, who posted a series of cryptic Instagram photos alluding to singleness (posting album images of all her singles except for Nectarine) and expressing a desire for a "restart" of her career, has not publicly confirmed the separation; but court documents filed in Straton have confirmed that the couple's marriage is set to be dissolved.

Elsewhere in today's edition of The Daily Crier:
- Sport: "I Lost My Virginity At Fourteen," Says Retired Racing Driver In Tell-All Memoir (page 11)
- Business: Banana Container Contender For "Worst Invention Ever"; Inventor Forgets Bananas Already Have A Container (page 24)
- Nature: Two massive birds celebrate the summer holidays by frolicking about in a fountain (page 33)
Last edited by Tumbra on Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Irithoren
Secretary

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Irithoren » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:21 pm

Eleven girl/boyhood dreams came true with the Irithoreni debut at the Campionato Esportiva. A tough group for sure, but the fledgling team are up to the task - or at least, they think. We're about to find out if Al-Dawri ('the league') is as good at the Irithoreni think, though most on the tiny cape watch the leagues of countries much bigger than them and don't worry, they know the canyon of skill separating Al-Dawri and the leagues of Tumbra and Brenecia. It's a good thing, then, that the team aren't exactly aiming for that level just yet. Surviving the group would make some wild dreams come true on top of even playing in the CE. But then there's that one thing standing in between them and greatness. That damn group. Hosts Sylestone, top tier teams in Hannasea and Lozho, with perhaps a chance to knock down Dod Rava and Gouvanarch.

And then that hope was shattered pretty quickly. The naive Irithoreni back line was duped by Milka six minutes in, the striker navigating through more holes than cheese produced by particularly plus-flagged neutral Esportivan nations. Wilimowski doubled the scoreline, and then Milka finished his brace before being subbed off. Staring at a 3-0 deficit with fifteen minutes to go, it was time for a triple substitution on our side, Dalia Arnab off for an extra midfielder in Rania Ayn and unlucky Soha Alqamar off for an extra striker, Sima Sujaa. The third sub was a defender for a defender again, with Chadi Maraara off for Saeed Fiqawit who's much better on the ball. Now with four Al-Ettifaq players on the field, things started rolling a bit. Fiqawit knew where Faj'an would pop up and found him on a pass that split Dod Rava's midfield, and in turn the young midfielder directly sent the ball wide to Ayn as if it were an easy home game versus Al-Faiha on an idle Wednesday night, and Ayn crossed it straight back, low, behind the defenders, to Sujaa, who was really going to score Irithoren's first official international goal with the keeper in the wrong corner and the net begging! And then skied it.

Torian quickly restarted play with a goal kick - perhaps in cahoots with the ball boys - finding a wide-open Caballero who casually walked past Sharif and tested Rachid Ard. The Al-Safra goalie kept it out at first but didn't direct the ball out of play, and the ensuing Jurek Jurson shot was a direct hit. 4-0.

Irithoren's four strikers couldn't play with less enjoyment - and as it turned out, the age-old 'winning is more fun than just participating' was proven right again. That said, Dod Rava took a step back and the extreme overload of green-jerseyed players overwhelmed their defences. Sa'id scored the national team's first goal, for real this time, from a scrimmage inside the box, and the second Irithoreni goal wasn't much more organised with Nizm scoring from the edge of the box after seven players couldn't clear the ball properly. It's messy but it worked - if you'd asked anyone from 'Cape Cozy' as it's known by Ko-orenites, they'd sign over their firstborn for seeing two goals in the opening fixture. Not so cozy now.

The warm climate prevents Al-Dawri for going on for 36 matches - four games times nine possible opponents - and instead opts for a relatively short season, home and away, for 18 weekends. That doesn't stop the clubs from filling the calendar up with another competition. In record pace, the ten clubs compete for either Al-Dhidiyah or Al-Hurghada - the Dhidiyah league for clubs in and around the capital, and the Hurghada league for clubs in the sticks. Played at random intervals throughout the early weeks of Al-Dawri, fans sometimes don't find out about kickoff times until after the match kicks off, and farmers, fishermen, and various other employees pour into the stands empty bits around the sidelines to watch the action.

*  Al-Dhidiyah           Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Al-Hudud 8 4 2 2 12 7 +5 14
2 Al-Shabab 8 3 4 1 9 6 +3 13
3 El-Akhthar 8 3 3 2 7 7 0 12
4 Al-Amid 8 2 2 4 5 9 −4 8
5 Al-Ettifaq 8 1 3 4 6 10 −4 6

*   Al-Hurghada           Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Al-Nusur 8 4 2 2 7 6 +1 14
2 Al-Safra 8 4 1 3 9 5 +4 13
3 Al-Soqur 8 3 4 1 5 3 +2 13
4 Al-Faiha 8 3 2 3 10 5 +5 11
5 Al-Burtuqali 8 1 1 6 4 16 −12 4

Cap Nord
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 30, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Cap Nord » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:13 pm

Three points in the bag and still, the atmosphere seemed near freezing point in the dressing room. Drehda had done a lot more than put up a courageous fight: they had come within one goal-post width of cracking the spirit of the Whalers. Only matchwinner Rohan Williams kept some of his usual clownesque behavior, squirting his shampoo bottle over an unsuspecting teammate and laughing boisterously, but even he noticed the lack of feedback from an audience that usually fit him like a glove. Especially in the corner of the defenders, the mood was stale. O'Sullivan had surprisingly been given the preference to replace van Hilvaren but after forty-five abysmal minutes, in which she was tactically dominated by Mészöly, she had been relieved. Not that her back-up Jonathan Peary fared much better. Before the one-nil, it still seemed more likely that a Cadderick Rover would grace the scoreboard than a Sandfjell forward as 'Jonho' couldn't get a grip on Mészöly either.

Seated between the duo, Luuk Vennema realized that he had flunked this test to become the new defense leader. The passage of time and lack of alternatives would give him the role nonetheless in due time, but there was still a lot to learn. When Patrick van Hilvaren, the 35-year old veteran who was so missed tonight, walked in, Vennema could barely look him in the eye. The contrast between the two could not be starker. Vennema, in a muddy shirt and with tousled hair, looked like a school boy in the principal's office. Van Hilvaren, who spent the game in the stands due to a one-game ban, rocked the tuxedo: every inch of him, from the first gray hairs behind the ears to the stale-blue eyes, screamed about his coaching potential once he had completed his career at Noordende.

"Well, that was proper shit."

Van Hilvaren was not one to beat around the bush and suddenly, Vennema looked two inches shorter. But van Hilvaren leaned in, forcing the junior partner of the duo to look him in the eye. The starting line of the conversation had been loud enough for all to hear, but the remainder came just above whispering level, staying forever between the two of them.

"What those two clowns beside you brought to the field was piss-poor. Mészöly is a clever bugger, an annoying opponent but he can be made harmless with the right focus."

A quick sideways glance confirmed that Pat and Johno were still focusing on their own recap of the game.

"Secondly, you guys have not been helped today. Worbe looked out of depth and Bissett had his mind up his arse, trying to score himself. This team does not have the luxury to defend with less than eleven players."

By now, Vennema had also stopped staring at the floor of the Bay Reserve: he had not yet looked at it this way.

"Finchley. Well, I rate the guy but he sometimes glosses over stuff. An international coach has so many fewer games, then every single one his plans need to be perfect. Those set plays could have cost us."

Luuk Vennema spotted the Lozhoan in the corner of his eye, having short talks with players. Victory or defeat, Finchley made time for quick individual post-game feedback: something that almost everyone appreciated as it allowed a positive focus on what was to follow.

"And last but not least."

Now van Hilvaren's voice dropped another notch, making it almost hard for Vennema to catch every word.

"I have played on this team as if there was no tomorrow for too long. It's my duty to get you ready, cause you have got the skills. We've got a whole cycle to get you in your new role. We start tomorrow, no time to waste."

With that, the captain rose again, sniggered loudly and declared.

"Playing poorly and grabbing three points, how good do you want your wake-up call, wankers? Some of you already think knock-out rounds come without hard work. It doesn't and you either learn that from me or let Racing teach you."

South Newlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby South Newlandia » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:16 pm

In front of sparse crowd, Elephants shine in Avondale

After a disappointing result in the previous Campionato Esportiva at home, the Elephants have started on the right foot in Sylestone with a solid win over Capital Cove. For some South Newlandians, including goalkeeper Edward Khan, it was a trip to their adopted home, with a few Elephants earning their money in the Sylestonian Toilet League. Two different players do, in fact, earn their pay checks right here, in Avondale, with LB Leon Mazza playing for local rivals Avondale Beach and Edward Khan playing for Avondale City, the other local rival team.

One player that definitely had all eyes on her was striker Angela Diaz. The young Newlandian from Ratzupalfu had made quite the name for herself immediately after arriving at Desert Lions FC in The 14 Stars, a team that gave her a chance for her first career step. She never looked back and has turned in a fantastic performance in her very first season as a professional so far, enough to quickly attract the attention of national team coach Dale Hartford-Phelps, with the Zwangzugian desperate to find upgrades to his squad. Diaz was immediately elevated to a starting role in Sylestone, which either says a lot about Diaz or about the state of the South Newlandian national team. Either way, she gave her Elephants debut in Avondale.

In a stadium that has space for just under 100,000 that was more than half-empty for the battle between two fairly small countries, the Elephants prevailed. While Diaz did not find the net herself, her pass to Brandon "Elefantea" Irving set the routineer Elephant up for the go-ahead goal early in the first half. The Elephants added a second goal late in the first half, with Donald Lancaster bringing in a corner converted by defender Jet McBride. Capital Cove ultimately had no answer against a surprisingly solid Elephants defense and especially goalkeeper Khan.

Next, the Elephants are going to face Katterimunk, hoping to add some additional points in a game they might be slight favourites in. For Hartford-Phelps, it will be a critical game, with the Zwangzugian hoping to at least take the Ellies to the knockouts this time. If he can't, that just might mean the end of his coaching run with South Newlandia, the team he surprisingly won CE32 with.

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:47 pm

The Slaughter in Sylestone
excerpt from http://www.xtrasports.xan

SYLESTONE - Everyone knows Xanneria is a top team in Esportiva, but most know they also had been coming off a brutal end to a World Cup that lead into a sluggish Cup of Harmony. The other news was that longtime NTer Anton Vito was retiring from international competition. This means there is a new look for the Maroons with several U-21s getting a call up. Well by U-21s we are talking about the college all star team that was sent to play in the U-21 tournament last year. The fearless four as the press has dubbed them are Jamal Akron, Trey Dillon, Harmony Ghilcrist, and Shawna Isley made their debut in the first game of the 35th Campianato Esportiva.

The opponent for the Maroons was Zirahuen. This is the nations first attempt at a Campianato Esportiva and we can only hope this didn't scare them off. We say that because the game ended up in a 7-0 victory for the all-conquering Maroons. Allison Burns Scored a penta-trick and Newcomer Harmony Ghilcrist looks like she's going to fit in perfectly with the team as she scored a goal and had two assist. Of course it was Allison Burnes who got the scoring off and going, when in the 11th minute she got the scoring started on a beautiful rainbow kick that perfectly went over the goalies head and fell back down to earth in goal. Her second goal came five minutes later as she got behind the Zirahuen defense and took a beautiful pass from Max Smith. Smith is starting for the first time since the qualifiers and this is his first assist since the second game against Milchama. After that it was another arching kick, this time from Ghilcrest, before the next three goals were shot in by Allison Burnes. Lastly Dillon Hailey got in on the action with his first goal of the CE. This was actually a header from a corner kick. Something Hailey had been practicing in the offseason. He has said before that he was not good at his timing but wanted to work at timing his headers in the offseason. He did seems to have done so. Up Next for the Maroons are the Ceyne Isles. #7 in Esportiva and the team that controversially defeated Xanneria in the 3PPO three years ago.

XANNERIA - 7
A. Burnes 11' 16' 40' 62' 78'
Ghilcrist 27'
D. Hailey 84'

ZIRAHUEN - 0
NONE'
Last edited by Xanneria on Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Sylestone
Ambassador

Postby Sylestone » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:19 am

SENTIENTS ROLLICK PAST GOUVANARCH DESPITE CONCEDING

Sylestone (4-4-1-1): Fuller; Holt (Ironing Board 68’ (Image 85’)) - Hand Sanitiser - Faucett (Image 56’) - Keller; Holmes - Rodway (Paterson 81’) - Brown - Jones; Fleetwood (Keyes 68’); Strathfield (Blamey 87’)

Gouvanarch: Unknown

CHAMBERLEY, SYLESTONE - Conceding. It’s a word that brings tears to the eyes and vomit to the mouth of nearly every Sylestonean football fan. Winning, losing, it’s all stuff you can get over. But the sight of seeing an opposition player pierce the famed Sylestonean defensive unit and tap the ball into the back of the net? It’s a completely different thing altogether.

But sometimes, you’ve just got to stand there and think to yourself, “wow, that was just an outrageous piece of football.” Sure, no one likes to concede, particularly if you have Sylestonean blood in you, but on occasion, there’s quite literally nothing you can do. No one’s out of position, no one’s made a mistake with passing or ball control, and the goalkeeper has done everything in their ability to protect the goal. It’s just pure skill, and perhaps a touch of luck.

Thankfully for the Sentients, though, the 79th-minute deficit-halver from the Gouvanarch number ten wasn’t enough to seal a point for the underdogs as the hosts ran out 3-1 victors in front of an adoring home crowd of over 100,000 at the Chamberley Institute of Sport. Similar to the last encounter between the two nations in last year’s Campionato Esportiva, the Sentients were thoroughly dominant in all aspects of the game but possession, but when your manager is a strong believer of the counter-attacking style of play, that kind of statistic is almost negligible. Other than one moment of pure madness in the 79th minute that resulted in a goal, the Gouvanarchais never truly appeared likely to stick the ball beyond the safe hands of Georgina Fuller, the Sentient defence shutting them down each time they looked to launch an assault on goal.

With hopes running high off the back of a superb qualifying campaign, Sylestone were quick to put the pressure on the opponents from the outset, shushing the already tiny away section in the ground with a series of quickfire counter-attacks and deadly set pieces. Despite Abigail Jones scraping the outside of the post on a free kick five metres from the edge of the box inside the opening ten minutes, Gemma Rodway hitting the bar from range and Riley Strathfield forcing the Gouvanarch goalkeeper into a strong save moments later after creating a chance from nothing, there was zilch in the column that truly mattered to show for the Sentients’ effort come the 20th minute.

But as often as not, consistent pressure forces errors and while it may not be pretty, goals are goals. In an attempt to recover after five minutes of constant pressure from the Sylestonean unit, Rose Fleetwood sniffed out the weakness in the Gouvanarch centre back, pouncing upon them as soon as they placed a little too much weight on a touch. Jumping over the sliding legs of that same centre back, the Newark Argyle attacking midfielder laid the ball through the defensive line, falling to the feet of Riley Strathfield as the Chamberley crowd gradually rose from their seats. He’d already had one saved already in the game, but this time, the former AFC Droves forward never let the thought of missing cross his mind, calmly guiding the ball around the diving body of the Gouvanarch goalkeeper and into the back of the net.

Despite having conceded over 60% possession to their opponents in the opening quarter of the fixture - the first of 106 to be played across twelve grounds around the country - it was the hosts who took the lead, just as they were expected to by those watching on. This was the Sylestonean football team that had taken the World Cup Qualifiers by storm back over the past year - the ones who were ruthless when given the opportunity to attack, and provided little to no options for opponents looking to do the same.

In the aftermath of Huayramarca’s demolition of the very same team at the very same ground just a couple of months ago, many would have been undoubtedly concerned about the possibility that it’d take a while for Mojmir Anac to recover his players and get them back to their best football, particularly with no friendlies heading into the home Campionato Esportiva. But no, here they were, in front of a home crowd, raring to go and performing better than ever. Under Anac, football was very simple. First, they had to score a goal. Then, they had to defend that goal as if their lives depended on it. If another goal is scored to further entrench that lead, that’s all well and good, but according to him, a 1-0 win was just as decisive as a 4-0 win. The philosophy placed immense trust in his players to go out there and continue to record those sorts of wins due to the resulting low goal difference, but in a year of coaching the Sentients, it had never not paid off in the long run. Sure, there were times - namely against the Cordian Isles in the dying moments of the qualifying campaign - where a late goal meant to the opposition meant that only a draw was possible but more often than not, a 1-0 lead to Sylestone meant victory.

Here in Chamberley, the same would emerge true in an hour and a half’s time. But before the referee blew into his whistle thrice to signal the end of proceedings, an eventful final fifteen minutes kept the home crowd on edge right until the game’s conclusion.

After Riley Strathfield’s opener, the match developed into a lull as half time came and went, Gouvanarch unable to breach the Sylestonean defence as the tournament hosts sat back and defended as if their very lives were dependent on success. Only twice did a team find themselves in with a half-chance of scoring ahead of the 75th minute - once for Gouvanarch with a corner headed straight into the arms of Georgina Fuller just before first half stoppage time, while Fleetwood and Strathfield again combined for another scoring opportunity on the hour mark as their opponents prepared their first substitution of the evening. Ultimately, though, the shot was just wide, and 1-0 it remained.

Then came the game-changing substitution that, looking back on it, all but sealed the game for the Sentients. With a little over twenty minutes remaining, Anac’s “Plan C” was activated, as Cam Keyes entered in place of Rose Fleetwood and immediately, the creative attacking midfielder eased into his work with precision, pace and skill. It was not long before the Lakewood-based 30-year-old was on the scoresheet with Sylestone’s second goal, supplying the finish after a deft little one-two with Abigail Jones that perforated the Gouvanarch defence to double the hosts’ lead. With a 2-0 lead in the 75th minute, it would now be a near impossible task for the Gouvanarchais to salvage a point against arguably the best defence in Esportiva. They’d need a miracle, a slice of magic…

As if the gods were watching, they received that magic not five minutes later. With the Sentients committing numbers back to hold onto that two-goal lead, it was always going to take some act of brilliance to even force Fuller into action, let alone actually score. But from a Gouvanarch corner - just their third of the match to Sylestone’s eight - that’s exactly what their attacking midfielder provided them with.

It wasn’t even a great corner; Eden Holt at the front post was easily tall enough to latch her head onto it and hook it away. She even managed to time and place it well enough to fall into the forward run of Abigail Jones as she surged out of the Sylestonean penalty box as the Gouvanarch defence to backpedal, realising they were outnumbered.

Apart from one player. Instead of backpedalling away from the dangerous Sylestonean winger, the Gouvanarch number ten launched themselves at the ball, catching the volley mere milliseconds before Jones, the two instead colliding with one another and tumbling to the floor, completely oblivious to the location of the ball. The next thing they knew was the celebrations of their joyous teammates as they lay there, dazed, while Abigail Jones brushed herself off and shook her head in defiance.

As for the shot itself, Fuller and the defence stood no chance. Dissecting the trio of Alana Faucett, Lesley Keller and Raphael Brown standing motionless in the box as they watched, awestruck by the power on the volley. The goalkeeper was barely able to move an inch before the ball tucked itself into the top corner of the net, momentarily silencing the entire crowd before the moment sunk in, sending the few thousand travelling Gouvanarch fans into chaos in the away bay.

A moment of magic.

It was what Gouvanarch needed. They’d done the impossible and scored a goal - something the likes of Kandorith, Tumbra and Jeruselem had struggled or outright failed to achieve over the course of the past year. But the job wasn’t done yet, for the scoreline still read 2-1 in the hosts favour, and three points were still a likelihood for those in blue.

50% of the job was complete. They’d found that moment of magic, and now all they had to do was to capitalise on that to turn the match around completely.

Alas, for the neutral fans, it was not to be. As Anac rung the changes to provide the fresh legs a chance at preventing a second Gouvanarch goal, the Sentients slipped back into their previous style of play, giving up possession but maintaining a rock solid back four, forcing desperate shots from afar in an attempt to recreate the first goal. But as the visitors committed numbers, they left themselves exposed at the back, and Sylestone were not about to let that go unnoticed and ignored.

In the end, it was the fairytale ending for the home fans. With mere minutes remaining in the fixture, Riley Strathfield was finally pulled from the field, struggling to walk. A round of polite clapping followed him as he made his way towards the touchline, which rose into a roar as local hero and Toilet League Golden Boot winner Hayden Blamey was found waiting for him, the 25-year-old receiving his debut cap in the dying moments of the clash.

And yet, as he had done for Chamberley City so many times at this very ground over the past year, he still found a way to score. Naturally, it had to come from another counterattack, as Cayden Holmes outsmarted the Gouvanarch right back and cut a perfect ball back into the box, leaving Blamey with an open net in the 90th minute of the match to seal the three points.

Despite having conceded, a 3-1 triumph was just the start the Sentients needed. The resilience, the determination was there - everyone had learned and moved on from that crushing defeat in the playoffs and now, Sylestone were back and stronger than ever. All aspects of the game were firing, and the tactics were working. But there were still four more games remaining in the group stage and from then on, it was a straight knockout. A solid base had been constructed, but if Anac was serious about beating the likes of Tumbra, Brenecia, Cap Nord and even Xanneria after their 7-0 crushing of Zirahuen, there was still more to be done. But the upcoming cycle had begun with a big tick, and that was the first step.

Sylestone 3-1 Gouvanarch
Image Strathfield 20’ Image Player 79’
Image Keyes 75’
Image Blamey 90’

Starting Lineup vs Irithoren @ Chamberley Institute of Sport, Chamberley
Fuller; Holt - Mornington - Hand Sanitiser - Keller; Holmes - Rodway - Brown - Jones; Fleetwood; Blamey
Cricket: GCF WT20 XVI champions, ODI WT II semifinalists, GCF WT20 XV semifinalists, EspoT20 I&II champions

Fhulghamous Peninsula
Spokesperson

Postby Fhulghamous Peninsula » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:53 am

DISCLAIMER: Gaelic Gamers is an independents sports blogging website created by four cousins with a common liking and passion for sports of all kinds and is in no way or form affiliated with or organized by any official news organization in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. All statements and opinions posted here are our own and not anyone else's.

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Football Fallacies
with The Man from Markovsky

WAIT, THIS WASN'T HOW THINGS WERE SUPPOSED TO START

Hello and welcome to The Football Fallacies. Right lads, so it’s that time of the year once again. Yes, it’s once again time for me, the Man from Markovsky, to cover the Campionato Esportiva and the exploits of our colony the Fhulghamous Peninsula through that bloody competition. I mean, at this point, is the Fhulghamous still just a colony of ours? Like, the bloody fuckers are part of our elections, and they’ve got senators and representatives in Congress. They’re practically a province in all but name at this point! Yeah, yeah, legally speaking, the Fhulghamous still hasn’t been integrated into the rest of the country yet, just like Trendstart down in Antarctica, but I mean for all intents and purposes they’re part of the country already! Just because Petrarchos Kulbano is running everything over in Esportiva like it’s his own personal kingdom doesn’t mean that he doesn’t have to report to the president anymore. I mean, people keep harping on and on about how Kulbano has been leeching off of all of the colonists who moved to the Fhulghamous since it was established, but he hasn’t been removed from office by any of the presidents since then, from Makhdoum Be to Rako Novoire to Arthur Rogun to even Matthias Green, so either Kulbano has dirt on all of those guys or he’s just that damn good at his job!

Yeah, but you bastards are not here to hear me talk about bloody politics, right? No, you’re all here because of the football! And I have to say that I’m also bloody sick and tired of hearing politics left and right because of the fact that local elections are once again around the corner and every single candidate is busy slinging every bit of mud that they could right at their opponents. Yeah, I get why the man on the street would be exhausted from all of that! No wonder sports like football is really making bank these days. People just want to not be told what to think anymore! And the Campionato Esportiva couldn’t have come at a much better time than this. Nothing beats the sight of grown men kicking the absolute bollocks out of each other in pursuit of a bloody white and black ball to make other grown men forget about everything else that’s happening in their country and the world for ninety minutes! Of course this only works if the side that the people are supporting are also winning. If the team loses then it’s just adding and compounding even more misery on those poor souls who tuned their TVs or went on dodgy websites or even paid actual money for actual seats to watch the whole damn thing live. Luckily for me, I’m a member of the second camp so the only thing I’ve wasted is my own time, and that was just in removing one by one the viruses attempting to latch themselves onto my hard drive and whatnot.

Anyway, you know that time during the previous Campionato when I said that we should give Wellington Acuña time to get his system in place after he came in at literally the last minute to take charge just before the Peninsula went to South Newlandia for the second time. There were pros and cons with the Colonists’ performance, I’ll admit that, but I did say that if we just let Wellington cook then we might just see a new and improved Fhulghamous side that might finally be in contention for the honor of being the best team in Esportiva. Give him time to get his system into place and call up the players that will actually fit said system and we might just have the recipe for some silverware for the Colony. Heck, there really was a chance that we could have won the Campionato two years ago had it not been for that own goal that cost the Colonists against Zeta Reka and Hügeltaldom, but that probably would have been too much to ask from Mr. Acuña. Well, now we finally let the man cook for two years, get everyone used to how he wants them all to play, and what the fuck does he serve up to us on the first day of the Campionato Esportiva? A big fat L, that’s what!

But if I’m being completely serious for just a moment, Wellington Acuña was indeed cooking something good in the first half hour of this particular game. You all can call me an Acuña simp all day long, and I’m not gonna deny it at all. He led Esteghlal Omidinabad over in the Sultanate of Oontaz from their third tier straight to the Oontaznik First Division, and they don’t look like they’re going anywhere else anytime soon thanks to that guy. Wellington Acuña knows how to work with limited resources, both in terms of money and players, and his appointment as the new main man for the Fhulghamous job looked, to me at least, like the perfect national team appointment for the guy. And for the first thirty minutes against Katterimunk, the man really did look like he was cooking a seven-star four-course gourmet! Who would have though Giorgis Agiasmenakis was going to be such a great replacement for Julian Elvira on the roster? Yeah, yeah, Giorgis might not have had enough time to shine in previous Campionatos because Julian was still a perfectly serviceable striker in his time, but now it’s Agiasmenakis’ moment, and he took it with both bloody hands. One goal and one assist in his very first start for the Colonists? A lot of the players we consider stars and even absolute legends nowadays would kill to have such stats for the first start, I’ll tell you all that much!

Unfortunately for those of us who actually unironically follow and support the Fhulghamous Peninsula in football, the good times didn’t last long. I mean, they never do, do they? Even during the times when the Fhulghamous shocked everybody and they picked up the bronze medal in Hannasea all those years ago, there was still some disappointment that occurred throughout that campaign. I mean, the Colonists lost against Ethane, and then who can forget about that penalty shootout against Newmanistan in the semifinals that made the Peninsula settle for bronze in the first place? And it was in recalling those two matches that made me realize that no matter who’s managing the Fhulghamous, the poor bastards are going to be forever tainted by their association with Abanhfleft because, as we all know, defense does not exist here in the Democratic Republic. Not an effective one, at the very least. In fact, here in Abanhfleft, the best defense is literally a good offense. Someone said that football is all about scoring more goals than the opponent, and we all took that lesson to heart, and not even a wooden stake through this undead idea is going to ever put it down for the count. Wellington Acuña’s boys became too complacent once they had scored two goals; they took their foot off the gas, and Katterimunk bloody made them pay for it. Bloody Katterimunk! That place is literally named after a cat, a tree, and a monk, and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Just one moment was all it took for the game to be turned completely on its head, and that moment was in the 38th minute when Suarez Iglesias and Vaibhav Shaha squared up to each other and had a tiny little faceoff. Both teams broke things apart before it escalated, but it got the Katterimunk players heated nonetheless, and everything fell apart for the Colonists after that. Katterimunk and Yuzman Aftar pulled one back near the end of the first half, and then three minutes into the second half, Edgardo Quinterno chopped down San Kun Lee and conceded a penalty kick. I’m not kidding when I say that this was one of the biggest collapses that I have ever seen in a football context, and as a fan of Ludogorets Markovsky, I’ve seen quite a number of massive collapses in my time! Katterimunk were making the Peninsula chase shadows after the incident between Suarez and Vaibhav, and we just had no response! Headless chickens would have done a much better job defending against Katterimunk and cutting out their passing lanes. Heck, if we were going to be committing so many fouls out there, maybe we should have just sent out a rugby side instead! They get away with a heck of a lot more stuff over in rugby, or at least that’s what my boss Graham O’Doherty tells me. Imagine being 2-0 up after 30 minutes to drawing 2-2 after 50 minutes and looking like a side full of rank amateurs! Yeah, couldn’t be the Fhulghamous, am I right?

Katterimunk had the upper hand throughout the rest of this match, and really, it was more a matter of when and not if they were gonna score their next goal. So when young Alibek Sokolov scored the Peninsula’s third goal of the game, “against the run of play” doesn’t even begin to cut it. Yeah, Katterimunk had been battering down on the Fhulghamousian goal’s door so much that there was literally no one on their team in their own half except for their goalkeeper, and it’s not really a surprise that Sokolov managed to beat everyone else for the chance to put the Peninsula in front once again. But yeah, that lead didn’t really last very long in the end, did it? Trish Khomov scored his second of the night, and Ankor Preistiv made sure that all three points were going to go the way of Katterimunk come the final whistle. Whereas the Fhulghamous took the foot off the gas when they went two goals up thirty minutes into the first half, in the second half the Peninsula never looked like they were ever in the game in the first place. It was all Katterimunk all the way in the second half even with Alibek Sokolov’s goal, and a massive fly just dropped itself into the soup that Wellington Acuña was supposed to be cooking. And the road to the Campionato Esportiva final just started to look a helluva lot more difficult than everyone thought considering who we’ve got up next in our schedule. Yep, lads and girls, it’s none other than Tumbra itself. I can’t really remember if they were the ones who won the last Campionato, but they’re still one of the best teams in the region nonetheless. Yeah, Wellington, sorry, but I don’t think you’re gonna be cooking any beef anytime soon. Better luck next Campionato, I guess? I don’t really know.

Anyway, that’s all that there is from me now. If you’ve got any thoughts or comments of your own about the game against Katterimunk or predictions against Tumbra (predictions that aren’t “we’re gonna lose 5-0 and we’re going to love it” at the very least) then feel free to leave them in the comments down below. Until then, I’ve been the Man from Markovsky, thoroughly disappointed in my own country’s colony.

KATTERIMUNK 4 - 3 FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA  
AFTAR (44') ANTONAKAKIS (10')
KHOMOV (48' pen, 63') AGIASMENAKIS (29')
PREISTIV (82') SOKOLOV (57')

Sylestone
Ambassador

Postby Sylestone » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:30 am

Group A
Gouvanarch 0–0 Lozho
Dod Rava 0–1 Hannasea
Sylestone 0–0 Irithoren * scorinated by Poafmersia

Group A              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Hannasea 2 2 0 0 2 0 +2 6
2 Sylestone 2 1 1 0 3 1 +2 4
3 Dod Rava 2 1 0 1 4 3 +1 3
4 Lozho 2 0 1 1 0 1 −1 1
5 Gouvanarch 2 0 1 1 1 3 −2 1
Irithoren 2 0 1 1 2 4 −2 1

Group B
Nova Anglicana AZE 0–0 The Tumbran Northlands
Boring Paradise 2–2 BET Njaza
Neomaris 0–1 Natanians and Nosts

Group B                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Natanians and Nosts 2 2 0 0 5 1 +4 6
2 The Tumbran Northlands 2 1 1 0 3 0 +3 4
3 Nova Anglicana AZE 2 0 2 0 1 1 0 2
4 Neomaris 2 0 1 1 1 2 −1 1
5 BET Njaza 2 0 1 1 2 5 −3 1
Boring Paradise 2 0 1 1 3 6 −3 1

Group C
Ceyne Isles 0–3 Xanneria
Acadiana 1
–0 Zirahuen
Macbon 3–1 Kita-Hinode

Group C              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Xanneria 2 2 0 0 10 0 +10 6
2 Acadiana 2 2 0 0 3 0 +3 6
3 Macbon 2 1 1 0 3 1 +2 4
4 Ceyne Isles 2 0 1 1 0 3 −3 1
5 Kita-Hinode 2 0 0 2 1 5 −4 0
6 Zirahuen 2 0 0 2 0 8 −8 0

Group D
Fhulghamous Peninsula 2–2 Tumbra
Capital Cove 0–1 United Dispian Quarters
Katterimunk 1–1 South Newlandia

Group D                    Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 South Newlandia 2 1 1 0 3 1 +2 4
Tumbra 2 1 1 0 4 2 +2 4
3 Katterimunk 2 1 1 0 5 4 +1 4
4 United Dispian Quarters 2 1 0 1 1 2 −1 3
5 Fhulghamous Peninsula 2 0 1 1 5 6 −1 1
6 Capital Cove 2 0 0 2 0 3 −3 0

Group E
Drehda 3–2 Josifovo
Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom 0–1 Robostania
Cap Nord 1–2 Racing

Group E                      Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Robostania 2 1 1 0 4 3 +1 4
2 Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom 2 1 0 1 4 3 +1 3
3 Cap Nord 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 3
4 Drehda 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 3
5 Racing 2 1 0 1 4 5 −1 3
6 Josifovo 2 0 1 1 5 6 −1 1

Group F
Hallikshire 0–3 Bongo Johnson
Asgharbad 0–1 Brenecia
Esportivan Darmen 3–4 Ethane

Group F              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Ethane 2 2 0 0 5 3 +2 6
2 Bongo Johnson 2 1 1 0 4 1 +3 4
3 Brenecia 2 1 1 0 2 1 +1 4
4 Esportivan Darmen 2 1 0 1 8 7 +1 3
5 Asgharbad 2 0 0 2 0 2 −2 0
6 Hallikshire 2 0 0 2 3 8 −5 0
Last edited by Sylestone on Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drehda
Attaché

Founded: Sep 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Drehda » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:49 am

Goshawks Soar To Key Victory

Jessica Greenwood marshaled her troops to their first win of CE35 and the first victory of her reign as national boss as Drehda ran out victorious in a five goal shootout over unranked debutants Josifovo. The result is just the second ever win for the Goshawks and is a major shot in the arm for their hopes of challenging for qualification from the group.

Bouyed from a battling display against the pre-tournament group favorites Cap Nord in MD1, Greenwood made a subtle change in formation by going 3-5-2 with Hector Berlioz coming into the starting line up for Donovan Reede. Berlioz's presence offers more physical threat and running to compliment the main striker Mészöly who is stylish but lacking in industriousness in the defensive press. Tyrelle Burns also earned promotion from the bench, coming in for Henrik Hellman at central midfield for his first start of the competition.

Although relatively minnows on the world stage this fixture was a rare opportunity for Drehda to play the role of favourites and the early proceedings followed this path. Drehda's midfield trio gave them the numerical superiority and allowed them to dictate much of the play. The first 25 minutes saw the Goshawks opportunities limited to the odd pot-shot from range which did little to trouble Budzakoski between the Josifski sticks.

The breakthrough came at the half hour mark however as Pete Jacks exchanged some neat passes with Burns before spreading the ball wide to Mészöly, who had drifted off his marker to find space. Mészöly took the ball down to byline and then skewered the ball back across goal, hoping to find his attacking partner. Berlioz dived in to a scrum against Budzakoski and centre back Kuzmanović however the ball somehow squeezed through the tangle of bodies and rolled loose at the back post for swashbuckling right wing back Alvin O'Gallagher to lash the ball home for his first international strike.

Although the senior partner for this fixture, going a goal up seemed to expose the Drehdan inexperience at this level and there was notable near-instant relaxation amongst the players. To their absolute credit the Josifski's didn't shy away from the challenge at all and were straight at the Goshawks from the restart. A free kick just inside the Drehda's half was launched forward by Nusret Mehić on the 38th minute and some lazy marking allowed FK Samuilovo's central defender Petko Karandzhulov to rise unchallenged and slam a header past helpless Chris White to even the scoreline.

Greenwood was screaming at her side to get their heads in the game but those on the pitch seemed absolutely shell-shocked at gaining and then blowing a lead in such a short spell. Scenting blood in the water, the international newcomers kept up the pressure and snatch a shock lead just before the half time whistle. Staniša Jović danced through a statue-esque Drehdan midfield and then peeled off a delightful strike from the edge of the penalty area into the bottom corner.

Jessica Greenwood had a face like thunder has she marched her side off the pitch and one can only imagine the rollicking which she handed out behind the changing room doors. Hennerton defensive midfielder Ewan Curry was hooked off for Kyle Norman in the only half time substitution.

While the specifics aren't public knowledge and doubtless not fit for publication, whatever instructions Greenwood dished out worked as her side came out for the second 45 with renewed vigor. Sándor Mészöly produced another flash of brilliance on 49', deftly controlling a long ball before flashing it past Kuzmanović and driving into the penalty box to arrow a shot home to take it back level.

From there Drehda grew back into their role as relative heavyweights in the tie and Josifovo's player began to show their weariness. While working hard and sticking doggedly to the tactical gameplay, Josifovo found themselves chasing the ball all over the pitch and space began to open up as a result. With time dwindling down in the 76th minute, left wing back Oscar Lopez got down the touchline and hooked over a deep cross, Berlioz rose at the back post to nod the ball down and Tyrelle Burns timed his run perfectly to crack a first time effort home from 16 yards out to give Drehda the lead and eventually the win.

With surprising results in the other group games, a possible path to qualification lies open for the Goshawks. Greenwood will see this result as successfully navigating their first test - beating lower rates opposition but knows that more work will need to be done to smarten up at the back and get this group of players looking like real contenders.

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:01 pm

Xanneria Wins key matchup versus Ceyne
excerpt from http://www.xtrasports.xan

SYLESTONE - It was the most anticipated match possible of all the groups stage. The 4th and 7th best teams in the region and a rematch of the 3PPO. Yet in the end the Xannerian Maroons came out the victors, and it wasn't close. Xanneria came out of the gate punchin' and scored a through and sufficient 3-0 victory over the Sharks. Allison Burnes again had a nice game with a goal but it was the defense of Trey Dillon at CB and David Iowa in particular that shone through in this match.

Dillon had been taking some heat from the press lately. He signed with Kelssek squad Hamiltonian Cambria FC for what many pundits consider a super cheap deal and found out he would not be a consistent starter at the mid pack Kelssek team. Dillon, the 6'0" 235lbs, stocky built, right back has said he doesn't mind the lack of starting time. This is not surprising given how vocal in college, the farmboy from Agnew, was about getting out of the Agnew area. That being said, there are many who think that him starting for Xanneria at CB for this match was actually his idea. Dillon is playing on a Hamiltonian team that does have an aging centreback so it is plausible he's doing this to put himself in a better spot with his team once 33 year old Chromatikan CB Annette Faure leaves.

While Dillon did admirably at Centerback, his compatriot, David Iowa looked like the David Iowa we all know and love! The Delano City native, who came out of nowhere at USD and turned into one of the greatest college football players ever, held off to the potent offense of Ceyne Isles. Iowa recently signed with the legendary Cazadores Cathair team and one XTRA Sports pundit now famously wrote he "Is soon to be the defacto most decorated Xannerian player of all time" due to Cazadores history in international domestic tournaments. During this game Iowa showed how he went from from unheralded player at a "Delano Directional" to an elite player for Xanneria. Mind you David Iowa also had to deal with the absolutely devastating train wreck of Alexandria City, a team that went through three coaches in the span of a full year. A team so dysfunctional that they nearly imploded their way out of the league had an even bigger trainwreck in Sporting CC not existed.

First score in this match went to Dillon Hailey. Hailey took a pass from Harmony Ghilcrist, a player whose been absolutely having a breakout tourney in the first two games, and kicked right by Leoni Joyce, a veteran keeper for Cranequin City in Nephara. The second goal though was really not a goal most keepers could defend. Harmony Ghilcrist took a shot from the edge of the goal area, but hit the top crossbar, thankfully Allison Burnes was there to make a diving header and the dimuntive 5'2" 130lbs Burnes scored the second goal of the match thanks to her height. Lastly the game was turned into a blowout when in the 86th minute Harmony Ghilcrist finally got her first goal of the match on a lob from fellow OM Paul Gessecki who kicked a corner shot that she headed in.

Next up is Arcadiana, a scrappy pace controlling team, who could do some damage in the group if teams overlook them

XANNERIA - 3
D. Hailey 27'
A. Burnes 61'
H. Ghilcrist 86'

CEYNE ISLES - 0
NONE'
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

South Newlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby South Newlandia » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:51 am

Green Lions are the better team, but Elephants escape with a draw

The matchup between Katterimunk and South Newlandia was always going to be a key game for both sides. For the Elephants as the pot 2 team, holding off the Katteri was always going to be crucial; however, this young team starting to blossom in Esportiva was never going to be an easy out.
Interestingly, the Green Lions use the 4-4-2 diamond; a formation the Elephants experienced the majority of their success in. It's also a system that tends to match up well with the Elephants' 4-3-3.

The Katteri indeed had the better start in Avondale, with Garf Shinoda weaving his way through the undermanned South Newlandian midfield in the early minutes of the game. With Valeria Lerida too passive, Shinoda decided to take aim at the goal of Edward Khan. A precise shot nearly put Katterimunk ahead, but the crossbar had other ideas.

While Katterimunk remained fairly dominant in the first half, it was the Elephants who ultimately scored the first goal of the match. Finnley Wallis and Angela Diaz connected for a swift double-pass, with Shane Loesteen coming too late with his tackle against the South Newlandian striker. A foul in the box meant a penalty kick and a yellow card. The former would be the responsibility of routineer Brandon Irving. Elefantea sent Kalke Soraski into the wrong corner and put the Elephants up at half-time.

At the half, Elephants' coach Dale Hartford-Phelps adjusted his strategy, notably bringing in defender Leon Mazza for striker Tom Sloan, who had failed to make a real impact, and dropping the team into a 5-3-2, hoping to slow down the attack of the Green Lions. Thanks to a few impact subs off the bench, the Green Lions only grew more dominant in the second half, with young striker Ankor Preistiv really putting in work in pursuit of a starting role.

It was Preistiv who instigated the first big opportunity for the Green Lions in the second half, finding some space in the midfield and ultimately playing a beautiful pass to Shoa Ahiko, with Elephants defender Jack Flores in hot pursuit. Ahiko managed to get a good shot off, but Edward Khan managed to make a nice save to preserve the lead.

With the game shifting more and more into the half of the Elephants, the South Newlandian team's offensive output was almost entirely contained to the occasional counterattack. One on such counterattack with about 25 minutes left in the game, a long clearance by Danielle de Jong gave Angela Diaz and Brandon Irving an opportunity 2-on-2, but the shot by Diaz was saved by Kalke Soraski, who managed to get his foot on the ball.

The Green Lions secured the equalizer with about 20 minutes left in the game. On a corner, Ankor Preistiv escaped coverage and managed to score after Abhinav Shaha headed the corner towards the second post. Goalkeeper Edward Khan was without a chance.

Neutral fans probably had hoped that this equalizer would open up the game for an exciting finish, but that did not end up being the case. Both teams seemed unable to land a late lucky punch to secure all three points, with the Elephants eventually figuring out how to slow down the Green Lions at least a little bit. Ultimately, the Elephants can be happy with the draw, and are now heading into a crucial matchup with Fhulghamous Peninsula, who are never an easy team to beat.
Last edited by South Newlandia on Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Katterimunk
Attaché

Founded: May 25, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby Katterimunk » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:30 am

Allsports Katterimunk

Welcome to allsports Katterimunk, a portal where we talk about the latest news related to sports in Katterimunk. Lets start with the 1st news of the day.

Domestic

Ready the Hoops

It is finally happening. It is time for all the basketball lovers in our nation as the sport is going to have it's own Domestic League! And it is about to start. The league were to have 15 teams, but due to reasons 2 had to step down. So now this new 13 team league will play a quadruple round robin, as each team plays the other 4 times - 2 home and 2 away - for a 48 game season with the top 6 making the playoffs as usual. The league will have it's draft play out the next weakend. It will be a 22 round inaugral draft with the first 15 rounds being compulsory.

The Shooting Guard Heaver McConnor is the favourite for being the 1st round 1st pick. Being 22, he missed the last World Cup thanks to his injury. But as this blazing dunker returns, he is looking to blaze the league. Being brought up by a proffessor father and a housewife mother, Heaver is the younger of the 2 siblings other being his sister Hannah. Basketball was not the sport for McConnor to start with however as he used to be a football lover in his youth. But thanks to his height, the coach of basketball team in his high school brought him under his training. And there began his journey to the top. Being sought after by mostly all the teams, the man looks highly fascinated by the Vrord Jackals. "Love Vrord man. Their football team is the best. And it would be lovely to play ball for them"

The rival to him however, is the playmaking sharpshooter, Stenz Asimov. 21 and an internationally capped, the player is also considered to be the 1st pick overall. Born to a family of doctors in Ancehaul, Stenz had a knack for playing ball at a young age, playing with his cousins, who were much older. Soon he started outperforming his taller and much older cousins and that caught the eye of his uncle, Volter Asimov, then coach of the Inkar union High School basketball team - one of the best Katterimunk had. This allowed for his beginning to play for his nation. The man is looking to play for Ancehaul Blasters, his home team.

The Preseason Cup to run alongside the Campionato

Everyone and their mothers in Katterimunk knows that the campionato has fially started. And with Katterimunk partaking in this tournament again with high hopes, it was expected that BAFK will postpone the upcoming Clenston Cup, also called the Preseason Cup, for the reason of it having a clash timing with the Campionato Esportiva. And even if the tournament has less importance, people still watch it, and have a good reason to, it being one of the oldest football tournaments in Katterimunk, one that kept the fans of the sport hooked before Liga Premera was a thing. Yet here we are with the Clenston cup happening during an International football tournament and would likely continue till the start of the UBL. And to top it all off, fans have less expectations of this edition as the best are out for internationals, making the Clenston cup even more boring.

Others are more hopefull, as many believe this might be the time for the Campio teams to shine as the Premera teams are in handicap with their best out for internationals. This is also going to be the first time that the Cup is to be conducted by KBSA officially.

International

No loss yet in the Campionato

Katterimunk had a great start in their second ever Campionato. The Green lions begun their journey beating the Fhulghamous Peninsula. The match began pretty bitter for the Katterimunk team, as the opposing man Antonakakis pushed the ball past the goal the first time in the game in the 10th minute. And then following suit in the 29th minute, a 2-0 lead was cemented by Fhulghamous striker Agiasmenakis. This lead was carried forward for long. But the Katteri fight till the end. And this desire to fight was fueled as there went a brutal faceoff between Katteri defender Vaibhav and Fulghamous man Suarez Iglasias. And when Vaibhav's brother Abhinav went in to stop the fight, he had to hear some pretty bad words, words that none of the Katteri on field liked. And the opposition were now to pay for it. Aftar bashed the first goal in this Campionato, just like the last time, in the 44th minute, allowing Katterimunk to finish with a goal on the scoreboard before the end of the 1st half at 2-1. The second half was a dominance by the Katteri. A sudden shift in tactics caught the Fhulghamous off guard, as the Katteri went on to equalize with Kun Lee being fouled in the box, allowing Khomov to score a penalty in the 48th minute. The opposing team did manage to retaliate with another goal taking the lead back in the 57th minute, but 6 minutes later the equalizer was there. 3-3. And as Katterimunk dominated every stat in the match, the 4th goal at 82nd minute off of Preistiv's foot entered past the goal, giving Katterimunk the lead for the first time and for the rest of the match.

The second game was much more close and ended with a 1 all draw against the previous Campionato hosts South Newlandia. The game started out well as the team jammed the midfield early in the game to push the ball up to opposing half, creating the first chance of the game. But even after adamant efforts from the Katteri side, the first goal went for the elephants as a penalty was scored by the likes of Brandon Irving close to the end of the 1st half. The second half, Newlandia decided to play the defense with 5 defenders. And even though Katteri had the possession and the attack, the strong defensive unit of the Elephants fended all the Katteri attack. This however didn't last as the starman Ankor scored in the 70th minute, the much needed Equilizer to end the game in a draw, keeping Katterimunk unbeaten in the league still.

Currently Katterimunk stands in the 3rd position with 4 points, ahead of United Dispian Quarters by a point, behind the top team Tumbra by virtue of Goal Difference. The team is next to play the UDQ, a team behind of Katteri by a point winning the recent to Capital Cove and losing the 1st to Tumbra. An Unranked team with no info on players or staff, it is to be a mystry who we are playing next. The win predictor, however, is high on the side of the Katteri with a 47% Katteri Victory, 31% chance of Draw and 22% chance for UDQ taking the W.

The Katteri Cut to the Quarters in Ko-oren

Katterimunk is performing well in the campionato. But the national asociacion football team's game is overshadowing the amazing game showed by the Australian Rules football team of Katterimunk. Football is famous in Katterimunk, but the variation often called Association football is what is though of as football here. So when sports fans heard of the term Australian Rules Football, they were a bit confused to say the least. The rules are vastly different starting from size of the field to the number of players, all are massive. Hence when Katteri were invited to play in the ARWC, the nation had to build a team from the scratch, utilizing players from other amateaur and pro sports including Rugby and Gridiron. And this was successful as the team, even after having a bitter start managed to garner 3 vics, making it to the quarter finals - keeping Katterimunk's tradition of qualifying to every knockouts in international events, except for hockey.

National Sports Publications
ph-495935303372
mail- nspofficial@katmail.com
NS Sports Domestic Thread

80th BoF Semi Finalist

Nova Anglican Admin Zone of Esportiva
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 20, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nova Anglican Admin Zone of Esportiva » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:34 am

Group of Esportivan Realists Conference - "Unity, Prosperity, Sovereignty"

Duration: 3 days

Selected Events

Day 1 - Unity

Keynote Speaker: Esther Smetona, Prime Minister, Brenecia, National Civic Union - "Unity in Difficult Times"

Key Panel: "Achieving conservative goals in Esportiva", hosted by Sara Walsh-Barrerro, Hannasea

Key Event: Delegate meet-and-greet (Light hors d'oeuvres, heavy cocktails, strong chance of hookups)

Other Speakers: Arsène Deslauriers, Leader of the Opposition, Nova Anglicana, People's Party - "The popular centre - How next-generation conservatism can take the fight to the left"

Day 2 - Prosperity

Keynote Speaker: Mandy Proudfoot, Secretary to the Council, Hannasea, Conservative Party - "The Espo: considerations for ensuring the currency union's prosperity"

Key Panel: "Strengthening ties with conservative non-EU partners", hosted by Harland Peake, Editor, Cincinnatus Magazine, Nova Anglicana, w/featured guest Pieter Vanderbeken, Secretary of Trade, Cap Nord, National Union Party - "International trade in a nationalist market"

Key Event: Esportivan Business Forum luncheon (3-course meal, heavy cocktails, medium chance of corruption)

Other Speakers: Colby Blackburn, EU Commissioner, Nova Anglicana, Independent - "Promoting cross-regional markets and business opportunities"

Day 3 - Sovereignty

Keynote Speaker: Stephen Williams, Prime Minister, Tumbra, Liberal Party - "Sovereignty and the EU"

Key Panel: "Defending EU Borders", hosted by William Boré, Cap Nord, w/featured guest Mark Robbins, Drehda

Key Event: Cross-Assembly Group (GER + other political groups) luncheon (3-course meal, heavy cocktails, light chance of drunken brawl)

Other Speakers: Aston West, Regional President, Esportivan Darmen, Republican Party/Bob Barnard, MAE/Party Leader, Drehda, Alliance for Liberty Party - "Respecting national sovereignty while building co-operative ties" (both speakers)
Puppet of Nova Anglicana

Champions: CE29, CE30

Third place: CE 31

Quarterfinals: CE13, CE16, CE17, CE18

Round of 16: CE10, CE15

Fhulghamous Peninsula
Spokesperson

Postby Fhulghamous Peninsula » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:41 am

DISCLAIMER: Gaelic Gamers is an independents sports blogging website created by four cousins with a common liking and passion for sports of all kinds and is in no way or form affiliated with or organized by any official news organization in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. All statements and opinions posted here are our own and not anyone else's.

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Football Fallacies
with The Man from Markovsky

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER

Hello and welcome to The Football Fallacies. Right, so remember a few days ago when I said that this was not the start that the Fhulghamous Peninsula would have wanted if they were really serious about challenging for the Campionato Esportiva? Well, two games in and it’s still not the start that Wellington Acuña and company would have wanted, but it’s the start that they got anyway so they’ll have to make do with what they’ve been given. The Colonists’ campaign should have already gotten off to a winning start against Katterimunk but these bastards let those other bastards come back into the game, and voila! Three points down the drain! And now people are expecting the Fhulghamous to finally get their campaign back on the right track against Tumbra? The undisputed best team in Esportiva at the moment according to the rankings? They’re the team that the Peninsula is supposed to beat?! I mean, I know us Flefts tend to be very crazy fans, but this is just pushing it to the realms of impossibility! Who really expects the Colonists to be able to beat the three-time defending champions of the region? Apparently, other Fhulghamousians do!

Unlike the Fhulghamous, Tumbra managed to get their campaign off to a winning start with a routine 2-0 victory over the United Dispian Quarters. Sure, it doesn’t seem like it’s much, but this is Tumbra we’re talking about. And that is the team that the Fhulghamous Peninsula are supposed to beat to get their own campaign back on track? Yeah, I don’t think Wellington Acuña will be able to pull this one off, even if I am admittedly more than just a little bit high on the man! And also remember that his lads are just fresh off of a demoralizing defeat against Katterimunk so it’s going to be difficult for him, if not downright impossible, to get their heads back in the game. Yeah, I just called the Colonists mentally fragile. Doesn’t make me wrong though, does it? And when Tumbra blasted two goals past these bastards within the first twenty minutes of the game, I gotta say that they didn’t really inspire much confidence in me going forward. I know that ball-watching is as cliche as criticisms of defenders get these days, but it’s downright accurate to what the hell both Miltiadis Mouzakis and Ermolaos Katsikas were doing for both of Tumbra’s goals!

The first half of the Fhulghamous-Tumbra game was not something that any of the players or staff involved with the Colonists would want to revisit anytime soon. But now allow me to simp for Wellington Acuña once again and say that whatever he told his lads during the half-time break, it was goddamn effective! I wasn’t ready to see the Fhulghamous come out in the second half with one goal and only one goal in mind: steal one point from Tumbra, or maybe even all three. To a lot of teams, including those named the Fhulghamous Peninsula, that task would have been pretty much impossible. And really, it should have been impossible regardless of who was playing Tumbra. But the bastards did it. Boy, did they manage to do it! In the first half, the Colonists were thoroughly outplayed, but in the second half, they came out to play! And Tumbra didn’t look like they were expecting it at all either. They were in control of the match for the first 45 minutes, and they really should have seen out this game, which is probably what would have happened 9 times out of 10. But this was that proverbial 1 out of 10 games where shit happens and things don’t happen the way that they should and the script got shredded to absolute pieces and thrown out the window.

Anselmo Iñiguez didn’t really look like he was playing the same game as the rest of his teammates in the first half, which is probably a testament to how well he was marked out of the game by the Tumbran defenders. I mean, when someone is bullying you out there on the football pitch, sometimes the simplest solution is just to bully them back. Now I don’t recommend this course of action to any schoolchildren who happen to be reading this because that usually only ends up in you being the one punished by the authorities, and then the next day you’ll find yourself face-first into the toilets and with your underwear being flown up the flag pole. Good god, the kids back in my day were absolutely fucking horrible to each other! In any case, Anselmo Iñiguez was marked out of the game in the first half, and the service wasn’t reaching them back then either so really, he was stuck out there doing a whole load of nothing, so when he started getting more and more chances to score in the second half, it really did look as if he just arrived at the stadium and was finally ready to play. I really don’t understand what changed in the Fhulghamousian game plan that resulted in Anselmo finally being able to get away from his markers to take more shots at goal enough times that he finally ended up converting due to sheer probability.

And don’t even get me started on Gerasimos Mouratidis! Wellington Acuña brought him on as a substitute in the 70th minute to get some tired legs out of the game, and it really showed. I’m not sure if Tumbra simply didn’t have enough film on the guy or if Gerasimos truly is an X-factor for the Peninsula because as soon as he came on, things started falling apart for the defending champs. All I know is that Gerasimos was running circles around literally everyone else on that pitch and it was only a matter of time before he finally put another goal past the Tumbran goalie, maybe even two! Yeah, the brace for the substitute didn’t really happen at the end of the day, but that doesn’t mean that he didn’t come close! I really should give the opposition goalkeeper some credit here; if it weren’t for them, Tumbra would have dropped more than just one point from their winning position. It’s not every day that you hear shit like that being said for the defending champions of Esportiva, but I also have to say that Wellington Acuña did well to change his game plan when it was obvious that it wasn’t going to work. Yeah, he didn’t change it for 45 minutes, but at least he changed it come half-time, which is a lot better than some other managers I’ve had the misfortune of seeing.

Well, the Fhulghamous did manage to salvage a point against Tumbra, but one point from two games is just a poor showing no matter if you’re one of the top teams in the region or one of those teams that signs up for a tournament or two only to disappear and be never heard from again. That particular issue isn’t really as big of a thing in some regional tournaments as it is in the big competitions like the World Cup, the World Bowl, the World Baseball Classic, that kind of thing. But one point from two games is an absolutely pitiful return for a team that’s supposed to be contending for at least a spot in the playoffs, maybe even the quarterfinals. But given the way things are going for the Colonists at the moment, getting out of their group in the first place looks like it’s going to be a much more difficult prospect than initially believed. And they still haven’t played bloody South Newlandia too! If that game ends up being a draw or worse, I’m pretty sure that we can write off yet another Campionato as a massive bust. Damn it, Wellington, this wasn’t what was supposed to happen! This wasn’t how it was supposed to end! You were supposed to get this team used to your system and then bring in the players that you want so you can finally take the Peninsula to the next level in the Campionato! Instead, we’ve got… whatever the fuck this crap is. South Newlandia is going to be the game that’s going to make or break this campaign. He’ll probably still get another chance next Campionato, but this might well be the one that got away from him.

Anyway, that’s all that there is from me now. If you’ve got any thoughts or comments of your own about the game against Tumbra or predictions against South Newlandia then feel free to leave them down below. Until then, I’ve been the Man from Markovsky, thoroughly disappointed in my country’s colony yet again.

FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA 2 - 2 TUMBRA               
IÑIGUEZ (66') RIORDAN (3')
MOURATIDIS (87') CROSSLEY (20')

Cap Nord
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 30, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Cap Nord » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:19 pm

Till Myrrheim watched the line-up ahead of the third confrontation of the Campionato. The clash against Robostania suddenly became a vital decider for the Capnordic faith in the tournament. If further points were dropped, the series closer against Zeta Reka would be a must-win and no one was looking forward to such a thing against the mighty neighbor. Yes, the match against Racing had been a disappointment: Till understood well that the result begged for changes.

Especially due to the way the 2-1 loss came to existence. A pattern reminiscent of the Cup of Harmony came to mind: an early lead, courtesy of a marvelous Bjerkness flick, was thrown away. The experienced Racing side might have been held at gunpoint in the early stages of the game, they dodged a bullet and returned the favor. The equalizer might have come out of thin air but the decisive score was the result of unrelenting pressure on the goal of Marzinn. The Cleorough goalie worked a handful of miracles, but had to bow out eventually: any honest observer would have called a Cap Nord win a disgrace.

In no way, this team reminded one of the silver medallists of the previous edition. It seemed ironic as they were practically a carbon-copy in terms of personnel. Still, the Drehda win had been narrow and all the luck was used up for the second encounter. Three points out of six was, if anything, flattered. Pointing fingers at the manager is, at times like these, the easy way out. Finchley himself accepted the disappointment from the press with grace but noticed, in silence, that they could add little detail to the complaints: his starting line-ups were (almost all) sensible, his substitutions impactful and logical, his enthusiasm untouched and not even the tiniest hint of a scandal or disquiet among the players surfaced.

And so, a better, larger, scapegoat was searched. And a nearly two meter tall one was found, even if it required statistics. It started with a short message on social media by the user @OptaFries. Originally just a spoof on more reliable stat providers, the account had split in two, where the original kept on bringing ridiculous (but popular) nonsensical numbers. Spin-off @OptaMayo turned into the author of saucy figures which were or weren't true, polling the followers on its veracity.

613 - An unseen drought for Myrrheim, who has not found the net in 613 minutes. A personal worst in his professional career, beating a 548 minute streak in his second season at Sandjell. Out of touch.

It seemed impossible, with the debate going on on two sides of the argument: scoring at such a frequency, career-long, is it even possible? Maybe, for a player at 388 official appearances for club and country, neatly ensuring a 0.73 goal ratio per match. Which also explained the other side of the controversy: who could imagine a world in which Till Myrrheim has not found the back of the net in seven games?

Immediately, others jumped on it: xG missed over 1093 minutes, touches-in-goal area squandered every fortnight, worst-curved outside foot passes by gradient, least-good-looking expression when heading a ball, … Suddenly every possible stat turned up in red next to the name Till Myrrheim. And indeed, he had been struggling in the tailend of his year with Sandfjell and took that poor form with him to the NT. Still…

The man who was a certainty, an assurance on goals and as such, on playing minutes, maybe except for a dead rubber here or there. That man was now looking at the large sheet which bore the unmistakable handwriting of Pazron Finchley. He did not need to scan the first ten names, but the calligraphy on the last one seemed particularly aggressive, almost attacking to Till. Bold, red letters that, however much he squinted his eyes, refused to start with an 'M'. There it stood, plain and simple, as if it was not an attack on his whole being: CLARK.

"I understand this is a surprise, Till. But at some point in their career, every player needs a moment where they need to be protected against themselves. You are forcing your efforts, Till, trying so hard that you make it impossible on yourself. I need you to play simple again, but on to that point I"

Finchley never finished that sentence. Myrrheim, Till Myrrheim, that gentlest of giants, the kindest man to ever be a lethal weapon on the pitch rose and stared the coach dead in the eye. Without speaking, he grabbed a chair and seemed to ready himself to toss it across the room, into the sheet. Just in time, Myrrheim controlled himself but with no more than a muffled sob, he legged out the room.

Before the bang of the closing door had stopped echoing, Pazron Finchley knew that the next game would decide his faith in Cap Nord: a tipping point for his grasp on the group.

Sylestone
Ambassador

Postby Sylestone » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:25 pm

NEWCOMERS HOLD SENTIENTS AS KEY DEFENDER RULED OUT FOR MONTHS

Sylestone (4-4-1-1 → 4-2-3-1): Fuller; Holt (Ryland 76’) - Mornington - Hand Sanitiser (Faucett 33’) - Keller; Holmes - Rodway (Image 90+7’) - Brown (Bar Stool 76’ (Image 90+1’) - Jones; Fleetwood (Image 45+2’) (Keyes 63’); Blamey (Strathfield 76’)

Irithoren (4-3-3): L Ard (Image 89’); Arnab (Image 30’) - Maraara - Fiqawit (Image 7’) (Safinah 58’) - Sharif; Bahr - Faj’an (Image 83’) - Alqamar (Jaadal 90+3’ (Image 90+7’); Nizm (Nuzah 58’) - Sa’id (Far 80’) - Sal

CHAMBERLEY, SYLESTONE - Thirty minutes. That’s the amount of time the celebrated centre back duo of Hugo Mornington and Hand Sanitiser will play together this Campionato Esportiv. Against Gouvanarch, the new Sentient skipper found himself watching on from the bench, still serving a suspension after producing a mean tackle against Huayramarca that wholeheartedly in front of the same crowd a few months ago. And now, just half an hour into the Sentients’ matchday two fixture with Irithoren, the Hand Sanitiser found itself on the ground, howling in agony as a long, thin cut emerged down its centre, internal fluids slowly seeping out into the Chamberley soil.

Metres away, Hugo Mornington and Rose Fleetwood were already at the culprit - Irithorenian left back Dalia Arnab as she squirmed away from the incident, knowing full well that her shove had conceded a penalty and a yellow card, if not worse. Sure, she hadn’t halted a genuine scoring opportunity as Cayden Holmes’ corner was a relatively poor one that wasn’t really going anywhere, but the extravagant shove was easily enough to at least let the thought of showing red to the referee’s mind.

Despite both players rarely crossing paths with one another on the pitch, this was not the first incident between the Sentient and the Irithoren defender in the match, with the Hand Sanitiser letting flying with an aggressive tackle bordering on a foul as Arnab bolted towards the Sylestonean penalty box ten minutes earlier in an attempt to open the scoring for the underdogs. Although the tackle was ruled clean by both the referee and the review system, Arnab disagreed as she nearly came to arms with the Sentient, with players from both sides needing to pull the pair apart. Over the next ten minutes, whenever the two came across each other on the field of play, they’d almost go out of their way to tackle one another, much to the frustration of both head coaches.

Yet, all of Anac’s ill will towards his own player vanished as soon as Arnab pushed it to the ground, joining in the rage from the sidelines as the referee broke the Sylestonean players away from the defender, issuing her a yellow card and pointing directly towards the penalty spot. In response, a few weak protests were derived from Arnab’s direction, but even she knew that the decision was fair and if anything, was lucky to have only received a booking.

But at least she was still able to play. As for the Hand Sanitiser, a similar thing could not be said. One look and you knew that its Campionato Esportiva was all over, with Alana Faucett on the sidelines already warming up in preparation for substitution onto the field. Having put in a stellar, commanding performance in the Sentients’ tournament opener, the 22-year-old was thoroughly deserving of the opportunity. It was ultimately a shame that what appeared to turn into her first prolonged run in the Sylestonean national team had to come as a result of unfortunate circumstances, but football is a brutal sport. Every player, at all levels of the game, knows that each time they make their way out onto the field there is a chance that they will be hobbling off at the end, if not worse.

Perhaps demoralised by the sight of seeing her own teammate being stretchered off into an ambulance, Gemma Rodway never truly appeared prepared to take the penalty kick. Even with the support of an adoring home crowd behind her, some part of her seemed off with the fairies - nervous glances over to the tunnel in which the stretcher had disappeared down displayed that. Anac’s choice to let the attacking midfielder take the penalty was equally bemusing - Hayden Blamey had been remarkably consistent from the spot for Chamberley City over the past year and here, in front of his home crowd, would be the perfect place for him to convert the chance and take a 1-0 lead.

You could just sense it, though. At no point did Rodway appear confident despite her recent form with Newark Argyle as she slammed the ball into the top of the crossbar, the ball spinning over the goal and into the frenzied George End behind Irithorenian goalkeeper Loulwa Ard. Stunned silence enveloped the arena as Rodway stood there in disbelief, opposition players moving in to circle their goalkeeper.

Unfortunately for the Sentients, that chance would sum up their game. Coming ever so close so many times, but never quite finishing to the ability they had been able to against Gouvanarch, nor in the previous Campionato Esportiva in South Newlandia where they had gone on a blitz against teams of Irithoren’s calibre. But as chance after chance presented itself, the Sylestonean forward line proved wasteful, as Blamey and Fleetwood failed to convert their chances, albeit partially due to strout defending on Irithoren’s behalf. Not even the introduction of super sub Cam Keyes could provide Sylestone with the opener, nor the substitution of Hayden Blamey for Riley Strathfield with quarter of an hour to spare.

As the Sentients’ struggles in the final third continued, the tension between the two teams did as well and soon enough, fights broke out between the usually passive Sylestoneans and those representing Irithoren. But no matter how many bookings the referee had to hand out, there was still nothing to show in the column that truly mattered - goals. Despite taking 21 shots at goal - including eight on target - Anac’s players could not find a way through as Irithoren unlocked their inner Ko-orenite to ensure a goalless draw.

A disappointing result, sure. Somehow, that ruthless intent had vanished into thin air following Gouvanarch and although the Sentients came close on multiple occasions, they never truly looked like scoring. No massive chances presented themselves, either; Gemma Rodway’s missed penalty was the only opportunity one could look back on and think to themselves that yes, that really should have been converted. In the end, it was Sylestone’s best player of the game, Eden Holt, who came the closest in second half stoppage time, forcing a remarkable diving save out of Loulwa Ard with a wonderful knuckleball from outside the box.

Despite the failures of the Sylestonean offence, there were at least an acceptable number of positives to take out of the match. For the second game running, Georgina Fuller never truly seemed troubled - after all, Irithoren could only manage one shot on target out of four tries throughout the entire game - with Alana Faucett slipping into the back four with ease despite the Hand Sanitiser’s absence. Hugo Mornington again showed why he is valued so highly by his coach and the nation’s football fans, breaking down every attack to come his way and controlling the game from the back. With the group’s form team Hannasea up next, though, he and the remainder of his defensive group would again need to perform at their highest standard, while the forward line may need a bit of reshuffle again. With Riley Strathfield fit and well again, it can be hoped that his return to the centre forward position will bring goals once again.

Hell, there are even talks of Anac giving Avondale City’s teenage wonderkid Brett Sarcav-Jones a run around against Hannasea. Like Jack Ryland, who received his debut in the final fifteen minutes against Irithoren, there is much hype over his form and abilities at such a young age, even if he’s never started a professional match in his life. Is it too early for the 17-year-old, or is he up to the challenge?

Sylestone 0-0 Irithoren

Starting Lineup vs Hannasea @ Chamberley Institute of Sport, Chamberley
Fuller; Holt - Mornington - Faucett - Keller; Holmes - Rodway - Brown - Jones; Fleetwood; Strathfield

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports