NATION

PASSWORD

FLAMES OF LIBERTY (1960 Alt-History American Political RP)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:46 pm

Alright, now who's ready for PRESIDENT SPARKS!

*why do I hear crickets*
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

The Rio Grande River Basin
Senator

Founded: Sep 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:46 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:Alright, now who's ready for PRESIDENT SPARKS!

*why do I hear crickets*

*Senator Long’s newspaper readying up a hatchet job be like.

“There’s only room for one southern populist in these parts…”
FT Canon is most developed, therefore for F7
This Index says I am 0.364
Battle of Mar’Sa’Nakar ends in Pyrrhic victory as the Galactic Federation suffers losses, in defending the critical sector. GFS Andromeda severely damaged, GFS Comet destroyed. Mass evacuation of outer sector worlds beginning.
Something of a McGovernite, have some sympathy for Huey Long. Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.59
Friend of Kraven, 2005-2023
18 years of stories deleted
Kraven Prevails!

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:55 pm

POV: Senator Long is approaching your location with a shotgun in hand.
Battle of Mar’Sa’Nakar ends in Pyrrhic victory as the Galactic Federation suffers losses, in defending the critical sector. GFS Andromeda severely damaged, GFS Comet destroyed. Mass evacuation of outer sector worlds beginning.
Something of a McGovernite, have some sympathy for Huey Long. Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Kraven Prevails!

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:33 pm

Sorry for the triple posts… I may have gone a little overboard.
Kraven Prevails!

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:31 pm

You guys have been busy. I still need to introduce Disney into the spotlight. He and his allies being referred to as the "Mice" or the "Rats" of the Republican Party
Last edited by Union Princes on Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:12 pm

Senator Long: Target detected.
Kraven Prevails!

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:46 pm

Writing Disney was a lot more fun than I thought, more than Joyner. I have big plans for Disney

Turkducken
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:07 pm

Union Princes wrote:Writing Disney was a lot more fun than I thought, more than Joyner. I have big plans for Disney

Is he running for President or was that just an internal memo?

Because I thought he was going for Governor or Senator first
Discord: Turkducken#3718

That's a She/Her from me Boss

Metal...Gear?!

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:21 pm

I've decided to have Disney go for president first and if that fails, he switches to governorship of California

Turkducken
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:35 pm

Lic wrote:^ partially based on Hubert Humphrey.

The Majority Whip and the Speaker of the House should probably discuss their roles and strategy for the Democratic Party this cycle.

Are you on the Discord?

Metal...Gear?!

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:23 am

Is it possible for Graythorpe and/or Gary to have an interview?
Kraven Prevails!

Catalaonia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 15, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Catalaonia » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:36 am

Gonna be dropping my governor, and go for a Republican populist - Farage-like kinda guy,

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:27 am

Catalaonia wrote:Gonna be dropping my governor, and go for a Republican populist - Farage-like kinda guy,

"We need to withdrawal from the Alliance of Free Nations and fall back into isolationism."

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:31 am

Turkducken wrote:
Lic wrote:^ partially based on Hubert Humphrey.

The Majority Whip and the Speaker of the House should probably discuss their roles and strategy for the Democratic Party this cycle.

Are you on the Discord?

I don't have a Discord unfortunately. Is there a different way to discuss?
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

Turkducken
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:34 am

Lic wrote:
Turkducken wrote:The Majority Whip and the Speaker of the House should probably discuss their roles and strategy for the Democratic Party this cycle.

Are you on the Discord?

I don't have a Discord unfortunately. Is there a different way to discuss?

There's nothing that says we can't do it post by post in IC, its just easier to RP all at once imo

Metal...Gear?!

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:03 am

Turkducken wrote:
Lic wrote:I don't have a Discord unfortunately. Is there a different way to discuss?

There's nothing that says we can't do it post by post in IC, its just easier to RP all at once imo

Would it not really be the Majority Leader and Speaker? Anyhow, you can bet that Long'll be giving both of them an earful. Even if he isn't invited. Probably afterwards, considering how much he detests the speaker.
Kraven Prevails!

Catalaonia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 15, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Catalaonia » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:33 pm

(CHARACTER PHOTO HERE)

Character Application and Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Catalaonia
Character Name: Arthur Watts
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 47
Character Date of Birth: 17th April, 1912
Character Position/Role/Job:

- US Senator for Wisconsin (1954 - Present)
- State Representative for the Wisconsin State House (1948 - 1954)
- Investment Banker at JP Morgan (1930 - 1942)
- Owner of Watts Investment (1942 - 1948)
- Shareholder for Watts Investment (1948 - Present)

Character Country/State of Birth: River Hills, Wisconsin
Character State of Residence: River Hills, Wisonsin
Character Party Affiliation: Republican
Faceclaim: Frank Church
Main Strengths:

The Next Generation - A fairly young senator, and despite having been a senator for only 6 years, Arthur Watts has bootlicked, betrayed and rode the Washington Political Pipe to become not only a highly influential member of the Foreign Affairs Committee, but is often considered a potential next President during the new decade, with 64' and 68' being deemed potential elections for the small-state populist to gamble as the Republican Nominee.

Money can grow on Trees - His success as an investment banker has led to the production of a significant amount of wealth before his time in the Wisconsin State Representatives, and this means any re-election campaigns or presidential bids could be financed very well, giving him the financial edge over some other candidates.

Born into the Establishment - With his father having been a long-serving veteran on the Wisconsin State Senate for over 30 years, as-well as his families large amassed wealth, his roots into the establishment remain deep, with the likes of Walt Disney to other major players in the US Business and Political world allow him to heavily financed and propped up to create the "Rising Populist Star" image.

Main Weaknesses:

Sweet Little Lies - He has often been brought up on lying, both smaller ones which wouldn't be caught by the local paper, to bigger ones, such as him saying on multiple occasions that he had come from humble beginnings and wanted to "change the US political system". If used in the right way, it could mean an end to the so-called "Darling of the Right".

Civil Rights? What's that? - Although his economic views are very well-known, promoting low taxes, small government and traditional conservative economic policies, his views on civil rights are chequered. On the one hand, he voted for the 1957 Civil Rights Act, but on the other hand, he called further reform a "step too far".

Pro-War - Known to be pro-intervention, his views on the war have been berated by isolationists and anti-war senators, and is often seen as a lone wolf in some situations concerning the war, and has in the past few months called for a troop surge in the region.

Biography:

Arthur Lee Watts was born on the 17th April, 1912, in the rich lands of River Hills, Wisconsin. Born to Alfred Lee-Elliot Watts, a state senator for the Wisconsin Senate and Amanda Watts, a housewife. He had 2 brothers, one younger and one older, named Elliot (Born in 1910) and Charles (Born in 1915). He grew up in 3 separate houses, with his family being fairly wealthy, they had their suburban house in River Hills, with a country house in the Driftless Area and a summer house near Lake Michigan.

He went to Brookfield Academy from ages 5-18, a privately-educated school in which a lot of politician's sons and daughters went to. During his time in school, he came interested in sports such as basketball and soccer, yet grew out of it when he became older, forced into the study of finance by his father. It was during the latter stages of his primary education that he would found the Brookfield Union of Conservatives, becoming it's first president. A group of younger republicans, who would discuss policy. Boring, yet the catalyst for his political direction.

After leaving Brookfield, he went straight into the world of finance, becoming an investment banker at a JP Morgan branch in Wisconsin. Although his 12 years at JP Morgan were to him, very boring and dull, it was become the true catalyst to heading for elected office, as-well as creating connections with various high-end investment bankers. During the 12 years, he'd become almost a political figure at JP Morgan, and left in 1942 to found his own investment firm in New York City, named as Watts Investment.

Although not a great success, it managed to become a fairly well-known investment bank to the more conservative elements of the New York Establishment, in which allowed during his 6-year tenure as majority share-holder, to network with various new-york republicans, as-well as high-end businesses. It was during this time would shape his political interests. Although a direct production of the elite, he knew if we wanted to have a shot at high-level elected governance, he needed to appeal to the masses.

In 1948, after the war, he sold over his majority shares, and looked to become a state representative in Wisconsin. Calling for a limited government and low taxes, he won in a fairly strong victory due his young age, mostly. His election victory was only the start, as during the 6-year tenure as state representative, he drove a low-regulation ideology of hard conservatism, pushing his low-tax to the post in the 6 years. However, the 6 years also made him a household name in conservative republican politics, giving him the popularity to go for Senator in 1954.

He managed to defeat his democrat opponent in 1954, albeit a slim margin, berating more the democrats left-wing populists rather than the candidate himself, giving him the voter vacuum of a more pragmatic set of social policies to win. His tenure in the Senate has been shaky, especially during the early years, when he attempted to set up more hard conservative factions in the Republican party, and became a maverick-like politician due to his refusal to vote on party lines. Now come to 1960, and he's up for re-election, and looking like he could by a much bigger margin. However, could he do the unthinkable and challenge the President himself?

Other Info: He is currently in a relationship with Canadian Model Amber Rosset, with no children.

I have read and accepted the rules of the roleplay: Catalaonia

Do Not Remove: COLDWAR

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:09 pm

Catalaonia wrote:NS Nation Name: Catalaonia
Character Name: Arthur Watts

ACCEPTED
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:16 pm

The character roster has been updated. Inform me if I missed anyone. :)
Signature:

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:05 pm

Between Disney and Joyner, who would Jackson preder to interview?

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:07 pm

Union Princes wrote:Between Disney and Joyner, who would Jackson preder to interview?

Disney.

Joyner will not be interviewed by a mainstream show like Jackson's.
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:38 pm

Jackson is being extra busy this year with all these candidates

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:40 pm

Union Princes wrote:Jackson is being extra busy this year with all these candidates

Yeah, his ratings will go through the roof. Which means more $$$$
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018

Postby Azekopolaltion » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:25 am

Can we have an updated post on the OOC that keeps track of declared presidential candidates?
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:41 pm

Azekopolaltion wrote:Can we have an updated post on the OOC that keeps track of declared presidential candidates?

Sure. Expect an update on this soon. :)
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse