NATION

PASSWORD

[REPORT] Routine action requests (Moves, Adbots, Spam, etc)

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Emotional Support Crocodile
Senator

Founded: Jun 06, 2022
New York Times Democracy

Postby Emotional Support Crocodile » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:02 am

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1624938

With that name and that first post I'm guessing they might be a DOS.
Just another surprising item on the bagging scale of life

Only 10 minutes to save the West... but I could murder a pint

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality can feel like oppression

Dexterra
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:37 pm

Last edited by Dexterra on Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix (attributed)

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:39 pm

Last edited by Dexterra on Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix (attributed)

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:00 pm

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:46 pm

Dexterra wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=520487

viewtopic.php?p=39740836#p39740836

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:30 pm

Broken board, possible fix?

Code: Select all
[box][align=center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/zXKm9p4n/USSeal.png[/img][/align]
[align=center][size=150][u][b]U.S. Embassy Application[/b][/u][/size][/align]

[align=center][b]General Information:[/b][/align]

[b]Name of Nation (Including Pretitle):[/b] Republic of Coliantia
[b]Polity Type:[/b] Unitary presidential republic
[b]Head of State:[/b] President Ben Mukturi
[b]Head of Government (If Different):[/b] As above
[b]Minister of Foreign Affairs (Or Equivalent):[/b] Ministry of Foreign Affairs Chris Palenko
[b]Ruling Party / Coalition:[/b] Social Democratic Party of Coliantia
[b]State Ideology (If Applicable):[/b] Democracy
[b]Official Language (S):[/b] Coliantian, English

[align=center][b]Ambassador Information:[/b][/align]

[b]Ambassador Name:[/b] Henry Mahato
[b]Age:[/b] 34
[b]Sex:[/b] Male
[b]Relevant Experience:[/b] Worked in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for four years prior to ambassador appointment.
[b]Will any Family Members of the Ambassador Reside with them:[/b] Yes, his wife, Jana Mahato.
[b]Any Health Issues that need local authorities need to be wary of:[/b] None
[b]Any Personal Security Issues that need local authorities need to be wary of:[/b] None
[b]Other:[/b] N/A

[align=center][b]Embassy Information:[/b][/align]

[b]Requested Embassy Location:[/b] Markington
[b]Secondary Location (if Primary is N/A):[/b] Alexandria
[b]Tertiary Location (if Secondary is N/A):[/b] Springfield
[b]Special Requests regarding Location:[/b] None

[align=center][b]Staff and Equipment:[/b][/align]

[i]*Note: Military Grade Vehicles are prohibited, along with Explosives, Machine Guns, and Heavy Weapons.*[/i]

[b]Security Staff (Max of 25):[/b] 15
[list]
[*] [b]Would Your Embassy like Additional Security Services, provided by the United States:[/b][/list] Sure
[b]Embassy Staff (Max of 75):[/b] 16
[b]Will Your Embassy Be Hiring Locals:[/b] Yes
[b]Weapons Used By Security Staff:[/b] 20 P98 pistols, 12 taser guns, 10 pepper sprays
[b]Type and Number of Vehicles to be Used:[/b] 2 SUVs

[align=center][b]Miscellaneous:[/b][/align] None

[b]Do You have any special requests:[/b] No
[b]Please Declare any Plants, Animals, or Controlled Substances that will be brought into Amaurita:[/b] Ambassador's pet dog, Clyde
[b]May the United States of Amaurita Establish an Embassy in Your Nation? (If So, Please Provide a Link):[/b] Already did
[b]Any Additional Agreements You may be interested in? (Trade Pact, Non-Aggression Pact, Et Cetera):[/b] Trade pact and non-aggression pact[/box]
Last edited by Dexterra on Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:38 pm

Gravedig of insufficient OP

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:11 am

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:47 am

Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Courelli
Attaché

Founded: Apr 17, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Courelli » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:20 am

foreign language adbot? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=520497
Governor: Paolo Argentieri
Prime Minister: Elisabetta Di Martino
FA Minister: Emiliano Marsicano
WA Representative: Alessandra Borgese
THE REPUBLIC OF COURELLI
Pronouns: he/him
Discord: @courelli

recall how often in human history the saint and the rebel have been the same person

12th, 15th, 18th, & 23rd Delegate of The Social Liberal Union | Administrator of NSLeft | Co-Author of GA #459 | Co-Author of Issue 1558

Anaaxes wrote:imagine explaining to an alien child the concept of a birthday party fully hosted by Chuck E. Cheese himself, they would be mortified of our rituals

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:05 am

Insufficient OP or moveable to F&NI

That seems like an easy fix I think?

Code: Select all
[quote="Gravlen";p="39742027"][quote="Tarsonis";p="39741761"]

Granted, I'm not a lawyer, but I read that entire thing and I found nothing that that from my understanding would constitute an exception to the hearsay rule.  98% of her testimony is literally her saying what she heard someone else tell her.  the only thing she directly witnessed was a discombobulated SS agent.

I don't think Congress has the same rules as a court does, but I'm still reasonably certain that witness doesn't get called in an actual court room.[/quote]
I mean, I just provided the rules which allows such testimony in a criminal trial.
[/quote]

No youvprovided a list of exceptions to thr hearsay rule.  I'm guessing you didn't read those either, because I specifically told you I read through all the lists you provided, and none of them apply to her testimony.  I guess you missed that.
[quote]
[url=https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/06/28/cassidy-hutchinson-jan-6-testimony-00042985]Here's a former federal prosecutor on the issue[/url]:
[box]Courts have routinely set this bar very high in the context of political speech because the First Amendment broadly protects speech of that type. A political statement by the president of the United States would be presumptively protected by the First Amendment.[/box]
[/quote]

this isn't political speech it's a deposition.

[quote]
But now we have Hutchinson’s testimony that Trump said he didn’t “f---ing care that they have weapons. They’re not here to hurt me” and that they would be going to the Capitol later. This is precisely the sort of “smoking gun” evidence needed to prove that the person speaking meant to incite imminent violence.

The DOJ will understandably be concerned that the Supreme Court — particularly the current court — would find that Trump’s speech was constitutionally protected by the First Amendment. But this evidence should be enough to make them at least consider an incitement prosecution. Before Hutchinson’s testimony, an incitement prosecution would likely fail to clear the high First Amendment hurdle. Now, it is at least a close call and something DOJ should seriously consider.

And to be clear, Hutchinson’s testimony would not be hearsay if offered by the DOJ at court against Trump. Statements by a “party opponent” are not considered hearsay, according to Federal Rule of Evidence 801(d)(2). In this case, Trump would be the DOJ’s “party opponent” in a criminal prosecution of Trump, and her testimony regarding Trump’s statements could be used against him in court.

Hutchinson also provided testimony that gets DOJ closer to what they would need to prosecute Trump for obstructing an official proceeding. That charge requires “corrupt” intent. She testified that Trump tried to grab the steering wheel of his official vehicle (“The Beast”) when Secret Service agents refused to take him to the Capitol. She also testified that when an agent physically blocked Trump from seizing the wheel, Trump himself placed his hand on the agent’s “clavicles,” just under his neck.

Trump’s failed attempt to go to the Capitol, in itself, would not be a criminal offense. But the episode inside The Beast would be powerful evidence of Trump’s intent. Up until now, the picture that emerged of Trump was of someone who engaged in “inaction” while the Capitol was under attack, declining to call off his supporters or to call in police or troops. In itself, that is dereliction of duty, not a crime.

But episodes like trying to wrest the steering wheel show that Trump wanted to be at the Capitol and would have been there if he hadn’t been kept from doing so. He wanted to be there, hands on, for the attack itself. That sheds a powerful light on his state of mind.

Juries are typically instructed to infer a defendant’s state of mind from his words and actions. In this situation, Trump’s actions speak loudly, and they can be used as evidence of Trump’s state of mind when he engaged in earlier actions.

Prosecutors will still need to put together a case that shows that Trump was involved in a conspiracy or scheme that obstructed the Jan. 6 certification proceeding. That’s not the simple task that many would have you believe. But it’s easier than establishing intent.

Hutchison’s testimony is a game changer. Until now, the only readily provable crimes based on what is known publicly were potentially narrow criminal charges against crooked lawyers. Now it looks like an (otherwise unlikely) incitement prosecution is possible, and there may be the “smoking gun” needed for an obstruction charge.

The committee was smart to lock in public testimony from Hutchinson when it had the chance, given the potentially unlawful pressure against her to change her tune. Committee members have to hope that others follow in her footsteps. But they already have much of what they need.[/quote]

no we don't have any of that.  Hutchinson wasn't witness to any of those events, she wasnt in the car, she was [i]told[/i] those events happened. If this had been criminal court she never would have gotten the testimony out because the Sefense would be filing objections every 5 seconds
Last edited by Dexterra on Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:20 am

Last edited by Dexterra on Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:57 am

Last edited by Dexterra on Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:33 pm

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:22 pm

Last edited by Dexterra on Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:53 pm

Baity?

Thomasi wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Ok you owned the libs.

What are you going to do now abortion is gone?

Make sure I don't use protection during hookups to get a baby. It's a great ruling for men because we aren't at risk of women killing our babies.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:37 pm

Last edited by Dexterra on Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:04 pm

Broken board, I see few tags to begin with so perhaps it's something in the sig(s)?
Last edited by Dexterra on Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:10 am

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:03 am

Forth post in this thread is spam:

viewtopic.php?p=39744933#p39744933
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:33 am

Last edited by Dexterra on Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:33 pm

Dexterra wrote:Adbot

I didn't see anything ad-like in that thread or nation profile.

Dexterra wrote:Duplicate threads

One thread was about counting down from 10,000. They did that. The other one was the replacement.

I know you dominate this thread, but you report a lot of stuff that doesn't need mod action. Not every forum needs insufficient OPs , duplicate posts, or gravedigs that don't matter. If you're trying to impress us with your diligence, you're trying too hard.

Emotional Support Crocodile
Senator

Founded: Jun 06, 2022
New York Times Democracy

Postby Emotional Support Crocodile » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:40 pm

Think this is the serial spammer

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1625530
Just another surprising item on the bagging scale of life

Only 10 minutes to save the West... but I could murder a pint

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality can feel like oppression

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:51 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Dexterra wrote:Adbot

I didn't see anything ad-like in that thread or nation profile.

It's very very sneaky, but they quoted the OP and edited it to include a link to something. Here's a screenshot, and apologies if still nothing:

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Dexterra wrote:Duplicate threads

One thread was about counting down from 10,000. They did that. The other one was the replacement.

I know you dominate this thread, but you report a lot of stuff that doesn't need mod action. Not every forum needs insufficient OPs , duplicate posts, or gravedigs that don't matter. If you're trying to impress us with your diligence, you're trying too hard.

It looked like the old thread had been changed to continue on with the game, but the replacement was still available - wasn't completely clear what they wanted to do there. At any rate, I am flattered if it seems like I'm trying to impress anybody or be extra diligent, but I would swear on (my) original Dexter's grave that it's not, and never has (nor ever will be), about that for me. I hope you're having a great week Fris!
Last edited by Dexterra on Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:33 pm

Last edited by Dexterra on Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation