NATION

PASSWORD

Advocates For Abolition And Against Slavery (AFAASA) [IC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free Kathen
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Kathen » Sat May 21, 2022 1:05 pm

Langenia wrote:

Official Statement of the Catholic Republic of Langenia

World tensions are escalating, caused by certain groups of nations that form into "alliances" and seek to bully other weaker countries and force them to submit to their will. This is especially shown in the example of the alliance AFAASA, whose goal is to interfere in the internal affairs of other countries and force their values, like so called "anti-slavery" on them, even though such moves do not take into account the feelings of the peoples of the countries being affected by AFAASA's brutal interventions. "Anti-slavery" is nothing more than a front for imperialism by a small group of countries, intent on world domination and rewriting the international world order to their own narrative. Langenia declares its condemnation of this, and declares that it will fight to prevent the spread of such imperialism.

As a result, we will begin movement of military forces to the Mediterranean region in support of the country of Ukraine, which is under threat from groups like AFAASA who seek to bend it to their own will. The Langenian people stand by Ukraine, joining the struggle to help them maintain the right to conduct their own internal affairs.

Glory to Langenia, and death to its enemies.

Tammuz: “Well, this is certainly a… fascinating outlook on trying to end the idea of people trading other people as commodities. It’s certainly unfortunate that they feel this way, but the cause of ending slavery can’t be stopped because some government with a Theos-damned imperial eagle decides it’s imperialism.”
-Holy Commonwealth of Free Kathen Peoples-
"One God, No Masters!"
Theos greet thee and love thee
-NEWS FROM THE FRONT-
THERAN SPY FOUND IN URU, AWAITING PEOPLE'S TRIAL. TENSIONS RISING? | 17 SURVIVORS OF ELLASAR MASSACRE FOUND IN ARQUTTU PLANES, TAKEN TO SAFETY. SITUATION STILL ONGOING.
Free Kathen does not necessarily represent my personal views. NS stats eaten by bears after threatening a prophet. Language used is Akkadian/Babylonian.

Phenyzia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby Phenyzia » Sat May 21, 2022 2:36 pm

Wilhelm von Schlieffen, a retired colonel of the Phenyzian Imperial Directorate of Inner Security, had been appointed to act as representative of the Greater Kaiserreich's new position as an Observer in the AFAASA.

"Gentlemen, if I may draw your attention to a matter that may be of great interest to the AFAASA, the Imperial government is very much aware of the situation in our colonies of some of the local viceroys and governors simply ignoring any anti-slavery legislation. However over the past few years the Imperial Directorate of Colonial Order or KDO for short, has used this rather unfortunate situation to infiltrate illegal human-trafficking organizations with ties to colonial governors and the viceroys. At present the KDO, with aid from the Colonial Security Forces is getting ready to deliver a devastating blow to those organizations and governors who ignored Imperial legislation for years. I figure the AFAASA may wish to consider getting involved in these matters on some level as we believe these organizations to operate beyond just our own colonies."
Founder and Leader of the League of Independent States
Observer of AFAASA

Arpasia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Arpasia » Sat May 21, 2022 10:47 pm

Langenia wrote:

Official Statement of the Catholic Republic of Langenia

World tensions are escalating, caused by certain groups of nations that form into "alliances" and seek to bully other weaker countries and force them to submit to their will. This is especially shown in the example of the alliance AFAASA, whose goal is to interfere in the internal affairs of other countries and force their values, like so called "anti-slavery" on them, even though such moves do not take into account the feelings of the peoples of the countries being affected by AFAASA's brutal interventions. "Anti-slavery" is nothing more than a front for imperialism by a small group of countries, intent on world domination and rewriting the international world order to their own narrative. Langenia declares its condemnation of this, and declares that it will fight to prevent the spread of such imperialism.

As a result, we will begin movement of military forces to the Mediterranean region in support of the country of Ukraine, which is under threat from groups like AFAASA who seek to bend it to their own will. The Langenian people stand by Ukraine, joining the struggle to help them maintain the right to conduct their own internal affairs.

Glory to Langenia, and death to its enemies.

THIS MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF AFAASA HIGH COMMAND
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: CLASSIFIED LEVEL 4

Attention, the nation of The Catholic Republic of Langenia.

We have read through the vile and spiteful speech of hatred directed at us, and we must say that we are very much disappointed at Langenia's viewpoint on the newly formed Alliance along with it's stance with the vile pro-slaver state of Ukraine. We believe that the government of Langenia and Ukraine are blind to the immeasurable amount of misery that the millions of slaves in slaver nations have to endure every single day, with diseases, and torture running rampant across slave labor camps leading to the deaths of many slaves in those nations, not to mention the abhorrent supremacist nature shown by the Ukrainians in their statement of hatred, in which they regard the "Moskals" as a lower race, and that the Ukrainians are the more superior race.

The statement that Anti-Slaver alliances like the AFAASA are nothing more than a "front of imperialism" is truly false, for this accusation is unsubstantiated, given the fact that the alliance's virtues are to release slaves and grant them the same rights another human being would have. Two other another baseless accusations are also deemed as false, with one detailing that the alliance is secretly vying for "world domination", this one seems too far-fetched to be true, the same goes for the other one, that the members of the alliance are only "small nations". These claims which are mentioned in the statement by Langenia have little to nothing in terms of hard evidence or anything that might back up these claims, therefore, high command will release a statement directed at the International Community that the claims made by Langenia and Ukraine that their claims against the alliance are entirely false.

Regarding the statement "interfere in the internal affairs of other countries and force their values, like so called "anti-slavery" on them, even though such moves do not take into account the feelings of the peoples of the countries being affected by AFAASA's brutal interventions." The AFAASA and other associated organizations have deemed the values of these slaver nations as wrong and abhorrent in every aspects, for the very practice of slavery is deemed as cruel, unhumanitarian and a show of hate against races and ethnicities, and that nations who show support for this hateful practice will be regarded as showing support for widespread hatred against fellow human beings.

This has led us to ask the question: Does Langenia fully support and are ready to defend a bastion of hatred and intolerance?

In response to this, Langenia will be in the list of the AFAASA's primary enemies.
Ek Sê!, A Nation on Eastern Altropia, basically an Alternate Universe France.
NS Stats executed by M67 Rifle.
Le temps de Philippeaux: OrbOb satellite captures S.S Jiangxiao moored on pirate-controlled Nasrah coast. | Black Coast government fully transitions into military dictatorship virtually overnight. | 5.7 magnitude earthquake rocks western Norteagua and Cortina. | Arpasian ambassador to Sufistan disappears after going inside People's Council building.
Since those people have anime girls and whatnot on their flags, I decide to use him in my flag, and also, this is not Henry on my flag, it's Konrad and a marine.

Likes: Quailty Posts, F7, GE&T, Henry Stickmin, S-61R, UH-60.
Dislikes: Summies, Adbots, Slaver Nations, One-liners.

Republique Grande Francaise
Spokesperson

Founded: May 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Republique Grande Francaise » Sat May 21, 2022 10:57 pm

Jean François was sitting in his chair going through his agenda when suddenly his assistant brought his attention to something.

Jean françois: ‘‘What is this?’’

Assistant: ‘‘Monsieur I thought you might be interested in this. Langenia released this statement today and we are mentioned in it.’’

Jean started to go through the contents of the paper and then said to his assistant:

Jean (smilingly): ‘‘Those Langenians are framing us as ‘‘imperialists’’ while supporting Nazis in Ukraine look at the sheer irony my belly is gonna explode because I can't hold my laugh. Hahaha! Anyway, it was a nice attempt on their behalf to succeed in their ambitions in Europe and the Black Sea. Forward this to the Ministére De L'Europe Et Des Affairés Étrangéres they'll deal with it.’’
Viva La Française

In this far future scenario, France has emerged as a dominant multiversal power on Earth and across multiple multiverses. Through technological advancements, diplomacy, and strategic alliances, France has achieved unparalleled influence and control over vast territories. With it's chief rivals the United States, The United Kingdom, Soviet Union and China it's in a state of Cold War raging across countless dimensions.

Republique Grande Francaise
Spokesperson

Founded: May 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Republique Grande Francaise » Sat May 21, 2022 11:00 pm

Phenyzia wrote:Wilhelm von Schlieffen, a retired colonel of the Phenyzian Imperial Directorate of Inner Security, had been appointed to act as representative of the Greater Kaiserreich's new position as an Observer in the AFAASA.

"Gentlemen, if I may draw your attention to a matter that may be of great interest to the AFAASA, the Imperial government is very much aware of the situation in our colonies of some of the local viceroys and governors simply ignoring any anti-slavery legislation. However over the past few years the Imperial Directorate of Colonial Order or KDO for short, has used this rather unfortunate situation to infiltrate illegal human-trafficking organizations with ties to colonial governors and the viceroys. At present the KDO, with aid from the Colonial Security Forces is getting ready to deliver a devastating blow to those organizations and governors who ignored Imperial legislation for years. I figure the AFAASA may wish to consider getting involved in these matters on some level as we believe these organizations to operate beyond just our own colonies."

Jean François: ‘‘Monsieur Schlieffen, My government is very interested in this matter. And I propose we must discuss this matter in front of this council.’’
Viva La Française

In this far future scenario, France has emerged as a dominant multiversal power on Earth and across multiple multiverses. Through technological advancements, diplomacy, and strategic alliances, France has achieved unparalleled influence and control over vast territories. With it's chief rivals the United States, The United Kingdom, Soviet Union and China it's in a state of Cold War raging across countless dimensions.

Arpasia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arpasia » Sat May 21, 2022 11:24 pm

Phenyzia wrote:Wilhelm von Schlieffen, a retired colonel of the Phenyzian Imperial Directorate of Inner Security, had been appointed to act as representative of the Greater Kaiserreich's new position as an Observer in the AFAASA.

"We'll take this into careful consideration" the secretary-general responds, "For now, we'll decide if military action or non-military action should be taken in our attempt to extinguish the flames of slavery in these colonies. But I may think that some of these colonies are still using the practice simply because they didn't get word of reforms, so maybe some of these colonies may peacefully repeal the practice. What say you, Mr. Wilhelm?"
Le temps de Philippeaux: OrbOb satellite captures S.S Jiangxiao moored on pirate-controlled Nasrah coast. | Black Coast government fully transitions into military dictatorship virtually overnight. | 5.7 magnitude earthquake rocks western Norteagua and Cortina. | Arpasian ambassador to Sufistan disappears after going inside People's Council building.
Since those people have anime girls and whatnot on their flags, I decide to use him in my flag, and also, this is not Henry on my flag, it's Konrad and a marine.

Phenyzia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Phenyzia » Sun May 22, 2022 9:45 am

"Said Legislations were passed in 1870 and specifically expanded to include colonial territories in 1900, I believe the time of claiming that colonial officials are simply unaware has passed. Concerns about potential economic issues and destabilizing the colonies is what has protected the two colonial viceroys from the Imperial Government simply acting against them, our new heir-apparent has however very clearly announced her desire to end the issue of colonial slavery once and for all so more drastic steps are finally being taken.
The KDO's assessment is that the pacific will ultimately fall in line with a show of force, which our Colonial Security Forces are presently preparing for together with large portions of the Imperial Pacific Fleet.
This operation codenamed Authority, should quickly eliminate the problem in the pacific, which would then leave the issue of dealing with all the former slaves, as we do not have any programs in place to return them to their country of origin. Any slavery related intel the KDO acquires in this operation will of course be made available to AFAASA officials."

The retired Colonel opens the folder he's been holding onto, containing various photos of East African officials. "The Viceroy of East Africa however is an entirely different matter. We believe that he has embezzled large portions of the colonial government's funds to expand his slavery operations and strengthen his personal militia against our own Colonial Security Forces, and unlike the Pacific we can not simply blockade every possible escape route as he might just see flee into one of the neigbouring countries. A full-scale invasion would be too risky as it would most likely destabilize the entire region."
Observer of AFAASA

Arpasia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arpasia » Sun May 29, 2022 7:09 am

Phenyzia wrote:"Said Legislations were passed in 1870 and specifically expanded to include colonial territories in 1900, I believe the time of claiming that colonial officials are simply unaware has passed. Concerns about potential economic issues and destabilizing the colonies is what has protected the two colonial viceroys from the Imperial Government simply acting against them, our new heir-apparent has however very clearly announced her desire to end the issue of colonial slavery once and for all so more drastic steps are finally being taken.
The KDO's assessment is that the pacific will ultimately fall in line with a show of force, which our Colonial Security Forces are presently preparing for together with large portions of the Imperial Pacific Fleet.
This operation codenamed Authority, should quickly eliminate the problem in the pacific, which would then leave the issue of dealing with all the former slaves, as we do not have any programs in place to return them to their country of origin. Any slavery related intel the KDO acquires in this operation will of course be made available to AFAASA officials."

The retired Colonel opens the folder he's been holding onto, containing various photos of East African officials. "The Viceroy of East Africa however is an entirely different matter. We believe that he has embezzled large portions of the colonial government's funds to expand his slavery operations and strengthen his personal militia against our own Colonial Security Forces, and unlike the Pacific we can not simply blockade every possible escape route as he might just see flee into one of the neigbouring countries. A full-scale invasion would be too risky as it would most likely destabilize the entire region."

"My first proposal for a solution would be to deprive the colonies of essential supplies, or perhaps by threatening a military occupation if they don't comply with an ultimatum.", the secretary-general proposes to the delegate.

Red Lake Circle
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Red Lake Circle » Sun May 29, 2022 10:41 am

Hawi Davies walks into the room. She's wearing the uniform of an officer of Red Lake, with her hair pinned back in a braided knot and a beret on top of her head. She's followed by a detail of two guards in power armor and a man holding using a chunky handheld computer to record what's being said and report it back.

Though she carries herself as a soldier for the most part, she's softly smiling.

L.T.C. Hawi Davies: "Hey, sorry I'm late to the party. What are we discussing'?"
✶ ✶ ✶ The Naturalist Federation of Laguzrauth ✶ ✶ ✶
"For Nature and Liberty!"
- AHAKS NEWS RADIO -
01/15/1583 2000 GST: The trial for the murder of Faurgamu Reiks, the former head of National Revival who had connections to the terrorist group the Harjis Witoth, comes to a conclusion. Both Awareik Fairgunein and Hawi Marthal were convicted of second-degree murder. The public has a mixed response, with some agreeing with the sentencing and others believing the killing was justified. Presiding judge Aiktriu K. Kam responds, "I stand with the law, not public opinion."
Red Lake does not necssarily represent my personal views. I promise I'll make a tech factbook eventually. NS stats didn't respect the wildlife and got mauled. Language is Gothic.

Laka Strolistandiler
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Sun May 29, 2022 2:59 pm

Phenyzia wrote:"Said Legislations were passed in 1870 and specifically expanded to include colonial territories in 1900, I believe the time of claiming that colonial officials are simply unaware has passed. Concerns about potential economic issues and destabilizing the colonies is what has protected the two colonial viceroys from the Imperial Government simply acting against them, our new heir-apparent has however very clearly announced her desire to end the issue of colonial slavery once and for all so more drastic steps are finally being taken.

Perhaps, your country has been been awardening your viceroys way too much freedom in their economic and military policies, Your Honor?- the Lakan ambassador would say in a firm but justified voice,- we would eagerly assist you in taking him down- as well as our major allies in the region. I believe that Greater State of Rhodesia-Zimbabwe will have a field day hunting him down…
||||||||||||||||||||
I am not a Russian but a Cameroonian born in this POS.
An autocratic semi feudal monarchy with elements of aristocracy. Society absurdly hierarchical, cosplaying Edwardian Britain. A British-ish colonial empire incorporating some partially democratic nations who just want some WMD’s
Pronouns up to your choice I can be a girl if I want to so refer to me as she/her.
I reserve the right to /stillme any one-liners if my post is at least two lines long

Phenyzia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Phenyzia » Tue May 31, 2022 6:24 am

The Phenyzian representative offered the Lakan ambassador a brief nod.

"It would appear so, but the issue is less about the ability of overwhelming any forces in east africa but rather that this would destabilize the region too much, just a few weeks of fighting might cause chaos for years to come. For obvious reasons my government is looking towards more subtle methods of ending the problem, but if that fails a full-scale invasion of course remains an option. As for the suggestion of an ultimatum, again in this case our concern is that the responsible parties would take such an early warning to escape."

After a brief pause he continued. "As of right now the two proposals my government is considering to be the most likely options are either a massive bombardment by air and naval assets with such overwhelming force that the colonial security forces should be able to swiftly move in and deal with the remnants of any disloyal militias. Or deployment of covert operatives to deal with rogue officials, followed by additional military deployment after to aid our colonial security forces in disarming any potentially disloyal militias. Success with either approach would leave east africa with the same problem as the pacific colonies: What do we do with the slaves we would likely find there?"
Observer of AFAASA

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 28, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Tue May 31, 2022 8:04 am

Marcia Rutkowski scurried into the meeting room as quickly as she could. She was late to the party so to say but was eager to figure out a solution to the problem of slavery. The Jamesian Republic had quite the experience with slavery. Between the settlement of the country to 1865 The Jamesian Republic had legalized slavery. However as the years went on slavery would slowly be abolished state by state. However in an attempt to appease the South compromise after compromise was made until finally the South seceded and civil war began. The war tore the nation apart but it still stands. The scars have healed somewhat but they are still there. Today The Jamesian Republic has joined AFAASA to repay society for its sins and bring justice.

Marcia went to her assigned place and spoke.

“Good day ladies and gentlemen of the assembly, my name is Marcia Rutkowski and I’m the Jamesian representative. I have worked on the Senate Emancipation Committee in my home country and now The Jamesian Republic has decided to engage in diplomatic work to bring an end to the practice of slavery. My country for hundreds of years enslaved people mostly on the basis of race. It took a violent civil war and the near death of my nation and the deaths of millions within the borders of Jamesia to bring an end to legal institution that had survived since colonial times. That is why I am here. So never again are people enslaved and never again a nation nearly destroyed. The current course of action The Jamesian Republic believes is appropriate is to funnel money into abolitionist groups and advising groups in nations perhaps on the brink of war to peacefully negotiate the end of slavery without the nation’s destruction.” Marcia said.
Become an Independent. You’ll see how liberating it is.
My Political Beliefs: The Jamesianist Manifesto
General Theme
Special Theme

KoeJginm
Attaché

Founded: Aug 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby KoeJginm » Tue May 31, 2022 11:28 am

The Jamesian Republic wrote:Marcia Rutkowski scurried into the meeting room as quickly as she could. She was late to the party so to say but was eager to figure out a solution to the problem of slavery. The Jamesian Republic had quite the experience with slavery. Between the settlement of the country to 1865 The Jamesian Republic had legalized slavery. However as the years went on slavery would slowly be abolished state by state. However in an attempt to appease the South compromise after compromise was made until finally the South seceded and civil war began. The war tore the nation apart but it still stands. The scars have healed somewhat but they are still there. Today The Jamesian Republic has joined AFAASA to repay society for its sins and bring justice.

“Good day ladies and gentlemen of the assembly, my name is Marcia Rutkowski and I’m the Jamesian representative. I have worked on the Senate Emancipation Committee in my home country and now The Jamesian Republic has decided to engage in diplomatic work to bring an end to the practice of slavery. My country for hundreds of years enslaved people mostly on the basis of race. It took a violent civil war and the near death of my nation and the deaths of millions within the borders of Jamesia to bring an end to legal institution that had survived since colonial times. That is why I am here. So never again are people enslaved and never again a nation nearly destroyed. The current course of action The Jamesian Republic believes is appropriate is to funnel money into abolitionist groups and advising groups in nations perhaps on the brink of war to peacefully negotiate the end of slavery without the nation’s destruction.” Marcia said.

The Koejginm representative spoke once more, shocking his bodyguards who were amazed at how he was able to articulate the words of the Great representative.

"Yo my dude, why are we letting colonial countries and former slave holders have a seat in this forum? It's simple that we need to be higher standard so we should stop giving these countries a seat until they prove that they are not holding these thoughts anymore bro. As for the colonies I think we should send them buckets of good food and supply to help them get out of their wrong ways. We should kick out their leader and install a new one but we shouldn't make the people suffer, aight?"

He sat back down in his bucket and sighed heavily.

Red Lake Circle
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Red Lake Circle » Tue May 31, 2022 11:38 am

Koejginm wrote:
The Jamesian Republic wrote:Marcia Rutkowski scurried into the meeting room as quickly as she could. She was late to the party so to say but was eager to figure out a solution to the problem of slavery. The Jamesian Republic had quite the experience with slavery. Between the settlement of the country to 1865 The Jamesian Republic had legalized slavery. However as the years went on slavery would slowly be abolished state by state. However in an attempt to appease the South compromise after compromise was made until finally the South seceded and civil war began. The war tore the nation apart but it still stands. The scars have healed somewhat but they are still there. Today The Jamesian Republic has joined AFAASA to repay society for its sins and bring justice.

The Koejginm representative spoke once more, shocking his bodyguards who were amazed at how he was able to articulate the words of the Great representative.

"Yo my dude, why are we letting colonial countries and former slave holders have a seat in this forum? It's simple that we need to be higher standard so we should stop giving these countries a seat until they prove that they are not holding these thoughts anymore bro. As for the colonies I think we should send them buckets of good food and supply to help them get out of their wrong ways. We should kick out their leader and install a new one but we shouldn't make the people suffer, aight?"

L.T.C. Hawi Davies: “Say what you will about the Jamesian Republic, but it is not the United States. Its abolition of slavery came much earlier, and didn’t require a civil war to achieve; in addition, the ruling parties seem to have done a lot more to try and bridge the gap between the descendants of slaves and those without such a history. Farbeit for me to be the arbiter of this organization’s affairs, but I vote that the Republic still deserves a seat at this grand table.

That being said, your origins and your imperial actions are, er… much harder to get past, to put it kindly. What exactly have you been doing to amend these?”
Last edited by Red Lake Circle on Tue May 31, 2022 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
- AHAKS NEWS RADIO -
01/15/1583 2000 GST: The trial for the murder of Faurgamu Reiks, the former head of National Revival who had connections to the terrorist group the Harjis Witoth, comes to a conclusion. Both Awareik Fairgunein and Hawi Marthal were convicted of second-degree murder. The public has a mixed response, with some agreeing with the sentencing and others believing the killing was justified. Presiding judge Aiktriu K. Kam responds, "I stand with the law, not public opinion."
Red Lake does not necssarily represent my personal views. I promise I'll make a tech factbook eventually. NS stats didn't respect the wildlife and got mauled. Language is Gothic.

KoeJginm
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby KoeJginm » Tue May 31, 2022 11:41 am

Red Lake Circle wrote:
Koejginm wrote:The Koejginm representative spoke once more, shocking his bodyguards who were amazed at how he was able to articulate the words of the Great representative.

L.T.C. Hawi Davies: “Say what you will about the Jamesian Republic, but it is not the United States. Its abolition of slavery came much earlier, and didn’t require a civil war to achieve; in addition, the ruling parties seem to have done a lot more to try and bridge the gap between the descendants of slaves and those without such a history. Farbeit for me to be the arbiter of this organization’s affairs, but I vote that the Republic still deserves a seat at this grand table.”

"Bro maybe they have bridged the gap, I accept it, but if we let these countries through we may accept a land that might not have the same standards as this country. At least yall should set up a standard for former slave-holding lands to abide by!"

Free Kathen
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Kathen » Tue May 31, 2022 11:46 am

Koejginm wrote:
Red Lake Circle wrote:L.T.C. Hawi Davies: “Say what you will about the Jamesian Republic, but it is not the United States. Its abolition of slavery came much earlier, and didn’t require a civil war to achieve; in addition, the ruling parties seem to have done a lot more to try and bridge the gap between the descendants of slaves and those without such a history. Farbeit for me to be the arbiter of this organization’s affairs, but I vote that the Republic still deserves a seat at this grand table.”

"Bro maybe they have bridged the gap, I accept it, but if we let these countries through we may accept a land that might not have the same standards as this country. At least yall should set up a standard for former slave-holding lands to abide by!"

Tammuz: "And what would that standard be? What would be required for them that other nations wouldn't have? My nation once had slaves due to the people that colonized us, but we abolished the practice when we kicked that Empire out of our lands around 8 years ago. Would we be held to the same standard? I don't think you're thinking this through. We need all the help we can get, and the Jamesian Republic seems as good an ally as any."
-Holy Commonwealth of Free Kathen Peoples-
"One God, No Masters!"
Theos greet thee and love thee
-NEWS FROM THE FRONT-
THERAN SPY FOUND IN URU, AWAITING PEOPLE'S TRIAL. TENSIONS RISING? | 17 SURVIVORS OF ELLASAR MASSACRE FOUND IN ARQUTTU PLANES, TAKEN TO SAFETY. SITUATION STILL ONGOING.
Free Kathen does not necessarily represent my personal views. NS stats eaten by bears after threatening a prophet. Language used is Akkadian/Babylonian.

KoeJginm
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby KoeJginm » Tue May 31, 2022 11:48 am

Red Lake Circle wrote:
Koejginm wrote:The Koejginm representative spoke once more, shocking his bodyguards who were amazed at how he was able to articulate the words of the Great representative.

L.T.C. Hawi Davies: “Say what you will about the Jamesian Republic, but it is not the United States. Its abolition of slavery came much earlier, and didn’t require a civil war to achieve; in addition, the ruling parties seem to have done a lot more to try and bridge the gap between the descendants of slaves and those without such a history. Farbeit for me to be the arbiter of this organization’s affairs, but I vote that the Republic still deserves a seat at this grand table.

That being said, your origins and your imperial actions are, er… much harder to get past, to put it kindly. What exactly have you been doing to amend these?”

(to continue the conversation)
"As for our people, we were the ones who kicked out our colonial masters around the middle of the 20th century, trying to establish a country that would be equal to all the peoples. In fact, it was us who... what's the word? Heralded? Yes, heralded the decline of our colonial masters around the world! If it wasn't with us, the masses of the world would still be ruled by a wrongful imperialistic empire!"

KoeJginm
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby KoeJginm » Tue May 31, 2022 11:54 am

Free Kathen wrote:
Koejginm wrote:"Bro maybe they have bridged the gap, I accept it, but if we let these countries through we may accept a land that might not have the same standards as this country. At least yall should set up a standard for former slave-holding lands to abide by!"

Tammuz: "And what would that standard be? What would be required for them that other nations wouldn't have? My nation once had slaves due to the people that colonized us, but we abolished the practice when we kicked that Empire out of our lands around 8 years ago. Would we be held to the same standard? I don't think you're thinking this through. We need all the help we can get, and the Jamesian Republic seems as good an ally as any."

The representative looks at his bodyguards before staring at his empty desk; it took him a fair while to respond to this question. He sighed before continuing.

"Maybe so though we are... what's the word? Beholden? Yes, beholden to the responsibilities that our country have dealt with regarding the slavery. For us it took decades to get our colonial masters out of our republic though without consequence. This standard would have to be debated by us if this is accepted though my idea is to essentially evaluate if they have a similar system and whether or not they're doing enough to stop the villains of the system."

The representative whispers to one of the two bodyguards and that bodyguard stands up and leaves. He returns a little bit later with two pens and a few papers.

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Tue May 31, 2022 12:00 pm

Marcia decided to respond to the representative from Koejginm.

“My good sir The Jamesian Republic has been slavery free since 1865. Ever since we have been trying to fight injustices across the world and multiverse. It’s a form of payback to society for its sins. As for how we have made amends to our past we punished the states that seceded from the Republic made an amendment to abolish any type of segregation and have extended political suffrage to the Native Jamesians and have established a pact of mutual aid and ownership of the territory belonging to the Jamesian government and the tribes. But nonetheless The Jamesian Republic is dedicated to abolishing the practice where it exists and emancipate the people in bondage.” Marcia explained.
General Theme
Special Theme

Red Lake Circle
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Red Lake Circle » Tue May 31, 2022 12:02 pm

The Jamesian Republic wrote:Marcia decided to respond to the representative from Koejginm.

“My good sir The Jamesian Republic has been slavery free since 1865. Ever since we have been trying to fight injustices across the world and multiverse. It’s a form of payback to society for its sins. As for how we have made amends to our past we punished the states that seceded from the Republic made an amendment to abolish any type of segregation and have extended political suffrage to the Native Jamesians and have established a pact of mutual aid and ownership of the territory belonging to the Jamesian government and the tribes. But nonetheless The Jamesian Republic is dedicated to abolishing the practice where it exists and emancipate the people in bondage.” Marcia explained.

"Thank you. Considering we allow Laka a seat here, I think this Republic should be able to maintain its position."
- AHAKS NEWS RADIO -

Aursi
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aursi » Tue May 31, 2022 12:06 pm

Johnny Harris: “It has been a long time since Sec Gen. Said that there was going to be a vote for a merger with GCN or GENA. It still hasn't been held. Thats why I motion to hold a vote on whether AFAAS will join GENA or not. There can be a merger between IHC and AFAAS as well. But Sec Gen. Please proceed to do a vote.”
Last edited by Aursi on Tue May 31, 2022 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder and Co-Founder of
ATO UCN SMOL
UADC GENA FA
GADN PESTO ULIBOR
IAD OAMC SUSS
Founded: 19.11.1975
Capital: Aurtumn
Chancellor: Fedor Sorokin
Population: 75 Million
GDP: 6@ Trillion Aursifens
Kingdom of Aursi
Freedom, Democracy, Liberty
Current Year: 2035

_
_
PortalOverviewNewsMilitaryMapsEmbassyStore

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Tue May 31, 2022 12:08 pm

Red Lake Circle wrote:
The Jamesian Republic wrote:Marcia decided to respond to the representative from Koejginm.

"Thank you. Considering we allow Laka a seat here, I think this Republic should be able to maintain its position."

“You are very welcome. I do hope Jamesia can bring this organization success.” Marcia replied.
General Theme
Special Theme

Phenyzia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Phenyzia » Tue May 31, 2022 12:11 pm

Koejginm wrote:
Red Lake Circle wrote:L.T.C. Hawi Davies: “Say what you will about the Jamesian Republic, but it is not the United States. Its abolition of slavery came much earlier, and didn’t require a civil war to achieve; in addition, the ruling parties seem to have done a lot more to try and bridge the gap between the descendants of slaves and those without such a history. Farbeit for me to be the arbiter of this organization’s affairs, but I vote that the Republic still deserves a seat at this grand table.”

"To my colleague from Koejginm: I'd urge you to consider that democracy and republicanism may work for many nations but not for all and you'd be foolish to try and apply the same standard to every nation or empire. Western democracy is far from a universal model."
Observer of AFAASA

KoeJginm
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby KoeJginm » Tue May 31, 2022 12:12 pm

The Jamesian Republic wrote:
Red Lake Circle wrote:"Thank you. Considering we allow Laka a seat here, I think this Republic should be able to maintain its position."

“You are very welcome. I do hope Jamesia can bring this organization success.” Marcia replied.

The representative just says "Ok."
Aursi wrote:Johnny Harris: “It has been a long time since Sec Gen. Said that there was going to be a vote for a merger with GCN or GENA. It still hasn't been held. Thats why I motion to hold a vote on whether AFAAS will join GENA or not. There can be a merger between IHC and AFAAS as well. But Sec Gen. Please proceed to do a vote.”

before he stands up and proclaims that "Our country suggests everyone else vote no in any merger. We are the only ones to be neutral and who truly support freedom and democracy. A merger will kill our chances of remaining neutral."

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Tue May 31, 2022 12:14 pm

Aursi wrote:Johnny Harris: “It has been a long time since Sec Gen. Said that there was going to be a vote for a merger with GCN or GENA. It still hasn't been held. Thats why I motion to hold a vote on whether AFAAS will join GENA or not. There can be a merger between IHC and AFAAS as well. But Sec Gen. Please proceed to do a vote.”

“If I may ask what is GENA?” Marica asked.
General Theme
Special Theme

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents