NATION

PASSWORD

Worldvision Song Contest 98 - IC Thread - Keterig, Aenglide

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Erie-Arcadia of Wombats
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 10, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Erie-Arcadia of Wombats » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:33 am

24:
Erie-Arcadia of Wombats (Erie-Arcadia IC)
scared- arboretum

To The Tune Of : Waiting Room- By Phoebe Bridgers

In Erie-Arcadia, arboretum, the band performing in WorldVision, is one of the most critically acclaimed and widely listened to musical artists. In theuir most recent tour, they sold out every stadium they performed at, inlcuding Central Field, the 50,000-seat ice-hockey rink in Wombatopia, normally the home of the Wombatopia Wild. Due to theur critical success, many saw arboretum as a well-deserved lock for the first Erie-Arcadian delegation to WorldVision. Their song, "scared", was selected by a nationwide vote of 1,193,913 to 506,031 against the pop artist Cameo's song " Elephant In The Room". Arboretum cleaned up many general categories at the 30th Annual Erie-Arcadia Music Awards, with their album "monorails", picking up two nominations, one for best album and one for best indie album, which it won both of, four song nominations, "monorails" for Best Record, "scared" and "monorails" for best song, and "monorails" for best indie and alternative song. Monorails won every one of it's nominations except for Best Song, which went to Milo Merriam's "Stargaze".

THE SONG
I get sca-ared
I get scared sometimes
What I'd do
If there was no way for you
to be mine
(to, to, to be mine)

We started as friends
we're a bit more than that now
if this ever ends
I'd be scared to know how

When the west wind comes
and blows me away
When the west wind
blows me right down to the bay
I'll be scared, if you aren't there,
by my side (by my side)

Whenever you're not here
whenever you're not near,
there's always a sky,
full of clouds,
full of tears,
pelting me with my fears,
aging me beyond my years

I get sca-ared
I get scared sometimes
What I'd do
to be mine
(to, to, to be mine)

We started as friends
we're a bit more than that now
if this ever ends
I'd be scared to know how

When the west wind comes
and blows me right down to the bay
You'll be there,
I'll be scared,
unaware (unawaa-aa-aare)

I get sca-ared
I get scared sometimes
What I'd do
to be mine (to be mine, to, to)
to be mine (to, to, to be mine)

Without you, I don't know what I'd do

Without you, I don't know what I'd doo-o-ooo
Last edited by Erie-Arcadia of Wombats on Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pemecutan » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:13 pm

25/#PCU

Ayu Sekar-"Berlian"

Title Translation: Diamond
Language: Pemecutan Malay

Music: Eka Wiradana, Ngurah Adnyana
Lyric: Ayu Sekar, Dewi Sri Andini
Tune: Phillipa Soo - Ultraluminary

Pemecutan made a sweet comeback last edition after being pushed down to top 20 for two edition. The comeback also mark the fourth time Pemecutan landed on the top 10 with their highest placement is still held by Baladewa and Ayu Laksmi during the 90th edition. With the great result, GBC as the organizer start to looking for a new entry for the upcoming 98th edition. The search is selected a few songs that become a hit domestically in recent weeks. From several selected songs, one song does catch the organizer attention. It is because of its uniqueness and rarity of the kind of song produce in the country. The song is 'Berlian' by Ayu Sekar.

Ayu Sekar

Born 31 years ago in the town of Tembawu, Ayu Sekar is known in Pemecutan entertainment industry. Graduated from Ubung Art Institute, she pursue her career in Pemecutan theater. Her first performance on stage has made her being marked by the critics as the "next best actress". Throughout her 6 years of stage career, she has made a few accomplishment including 3 Topeng Awards nominations, an awarding ceremony to honor excellency in Pemecutan theater.

Her breakthrough to music industry is unexpected. Her first recorded single was meet with mixed reviews although she being nominated for Best New Artist in 36th Chakra Awards where she lost to Made Sabda. This year (1783), she release another single which will become the main song from her first full album. The song which selected as the official delegation of Pemecutan at 98 WorldVision Song Contest.

Entitled 'Berlian' or Diamond, the song was written by Ayu Sekar in collaboration with Dewi Sri Andini a renowned songwriter. This is her first to write a song and she glad that Andini is there to help her.

I gave her the idea and the concept of what's the lyrics is about. And Andini flowing with all of her words until it is all complete. So more credit to her.

- Ayu Sekar

The song's backstory is to not underestimate someone's capability and ability because you wouldn't know what they can and can not do. Everyone also have the capability to always learn to reached the best of them. Although with the heavy background, Andini use a more common words in the lyrics so it can be understand easily by the listeners.

In term of music arrangements, Ayu Sekar wants to combine her theatrical experience and a pop atmosphere which she think attract more audience. But Wiradana and Adnyana suggest a dance pop which will give more pump to the message of the song itself. Ayu Sekar is quite satisfied with the initial arrangement before she wants to add her signature voice in it. That's where the intro lyrics come from.

Ayu Sekar is ready in the backstage as performer from a newcomer, Erie-Arcadia of Wombats. The stage is darken as the postcard of Pemecutan is displayed on the big screen. A mild applause come from the audience. The stage is in a complete darkness after the postcard shows. A bright spotlight shine the stage at its center. Ayu Sekar is seen there standing on top of a staircase wearing a long white robe dress. She sing the intro lyrics with a powerful and clear voice especially when she sing 'Lihatlah' part. Some of the audiences shouted their amazement of her vocal range.

Pandanglah hamparan angkasa
Ada sinar yang selalu berpendar
Lihatlah….ku ada disana

Look at the expanse of space
There is a light that always shines
Take a look….I am there

The LED behind pop up a random lights shows inline with the beat of the music as Ayu Sekar undress the robe dress and reveal a maroon umbrella mini cocktail dress underneath it. She walks down of the stair elegantly where the dancers are already waiting for her on the floor. She begin to sing the first stanza while resembling a few of the dance steps. She do it lightly to keep her voice steady.

She step forward and give a 'no' signature with her hand when she sing the pre-chorus 'Janganlah kau trus mengira' part. She open wide both her hands then point at herself as she sing 'Apa yang aku bisa'.

Kau menganggap ku bagai remah
Dan engkau berlian
Kau merasa kau paling hebat
Dan aku hanya ampas

Janganlah kau trus mengira
Hanya kau yang bisa segalanya
Coba tunggu dan lihatlah
Apa yang aku bisa

You think of me as a crumb
And you are a diamond
You think you're the greatest
And I'm just dregs

Don't you always think
Only you can do everything
Just wait and see
What can I do

She stomp and walk to the island stage through the walkway as she sing the chorus. The dancers are following her. While the floor light up where her feet is as she walk. The LED screen show a whirlwind of colors following the beat of the chorus. She follow the dance move as she sing the post-chorus.

Ku akan membuatmu terpana
Dengan sinar yang kan aku pancarkan
Terangnya menyilaukan angkasa
Melebihi sebuah berlian

Whoa---Dan bukanlah berlian
Whoa---Sinarnya menyilaukan
Whoa---Lihat dan buktikan
Bahwa ku pun bisa
Bersinar selamanya

I will make you stunned
With the light that I will emit
The light dazzles the sky
More than a diamond

Whoa---And not a diamond
Whoa---The light is dazzling
Whoa---See and prove it
That I can too
Shine forever

The camera view her close up as she sing the second stanza. She is surrounded by the dancers as they dance to the music. Ayu belted her voice when she sing 'Kau juga berawal Dari sebuah remah'. Then she collapse.

Kau selalu bermulut besar
Dan kerap menghina
Tapi engkau seakan lupa
Dengan masa lama

Kau juga berawal
Dari sebuah remah

You always have a big mouth
And often insulted
But you seem to forget
With old time

You started too
From a crumb

The stage atmosphere change to intimate as the colorful colors change into blueish sequence. Ayu Sekar sit on the stage floor as she sing the pre-chorus. The camera view her from above while the dancers around her stop their moves. She put her hands on her chest when she sing 'Ku percaya bahwa aku pun bisa' before she spread her hands. Two dancers are ready on her both sides. They grip her hands and lift her as another two dancers come from behind and hold her feet. It looks like she's flying high as she belted her voice to sing 'Tuk bersinar' and then turn to her falsetto on 'Terang'. She success to hold the falsetto long enough.

Berlian tak kan terbentuk dengan mudah
Perlu banyak tempaan
Dan cobaan….kan membuat ku kuat
Ku percaya bahwa aku pun bisa
Tuk bersinar….
Terang….

Diamonds don't form easily
Need a lot of forging
And trials….will make me strong
I believe that I can too
To shine….
Bright….

The colorful colors brighten the stage again as she is put down and sing the chorus. She follow some of the dance moves lightly. She use another falsetto when she sing the last of 'Melebihi berlian' part. She make a light moves as she sing the post-chorus. As the camera view her from the front, she give a punch towards the camera to end the song which coincide with the last beat.

Ku akan membuatmu terpana
Dengan sinar yang kan aku pancarkan
Terangnya menyilaukan angkasa
Melebihi berlian

Whoa---Dan bukanlah berlian
Whoa---
Sinarnya menyilaukan
Whoa---Lihat dan buktikan
Bahwa ku pun bisa
Bersinar selamanya

I will make you stunned
With the light that I will emit
The light dazzles the sky
More than diamonds

Whoa---And not a diamond
Whoa---The light is dazzling
Whoa---See and prove it
That I can too
Shine forever

The stage lights are back to normal. The applause sound roaring throughout the venue as Ayu Sekar take her breath. She smile nicely and give a big wave. "Thank You, Keterig. Suksma!", she shouted. She walk back to the backstage as the next performer is ready to take the stage.
Last edited by Pemecutan on Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Plangainer
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 07, 2019
New York Times Democracy

26. Plangainer

Postby Plangainer » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:59 am

SONG INFO:

"DARLING"
    Performed By: Camille

Song Written by: Camille, Andrew Leure
    Producing by: Camille, JAYNE, Fritz Lillith
    Mixed By: HYRE Sound, Diamond Records

Song Runtime: 2:52 (2 Minutes, 52 Seconds)

Description:
    The song, "Darling", conveys the story of an abusive relationship with a desire to cripple the tower built on neglect and loathing endured, breaking
    the code through determination and resistance against abuse, a beginning in downfall of the supposed "king's castle" through strength and courage.

"There are many people who endure abusive and hostile relationships, and there's always that feeling of wanting to break it all down after having
    had enough. Early in my life I had dealt with aggressive and horrible people before, and I always wanted to show just how much I could prevail no
    matter how little they thought of me."
    ~ Camille

Camille, with her song "Darling" won the Melodine song festival with a total of 218 points, and accepted the offer from AIM to represent Plangainer in
    the WorldVision Song Contest.

Listen to the song HERE!

PERFORMANCE:

As the last few seconds of Ayu Sekar's performance came to a close, the dancers and Camille herself had already taken post just outside the stage, once the cameras cut to the audience shot, the backstage staff give way for Camille to enter the stage as their postcard starts to play on the screens hanging thoroughly across the arena. The reaction from the crowd wasn't immediate, but there were some clapping and cheering once they saw Camille making her way onstage, along with four other dancers, two males and two female respectively, who prepped themselves up just outside the view of the camera that will open up on the beginning of the song.

The postcard ends, as the camera leans in as it slowly zooms closer towards the vast stage, first time since their several attempted debuts did the word "Plangainer" appear, along with the performer and song name, which only would remind Camille of her win in Melodine. The lights finally fade to black as the audience fell silent.

The shot opens with Camille standing in the very center of the stage, slowly zooming closer as an overhead light cast a rim light just behind her, bright blue pulsing growing intensely, the shot cut towards the camera right beside the edge of the stage, still in parallel with Camille as the lights flashed on her last few 'nuh's.

Nuh uh uh, nuh uh uh-uh
Nuh uh uh, nuh uh uh-uh

It’s all coming down, one wish amongst all your lies
Desires all gone, where’s the mercy in your eyes

You’re not the one that will strike at my heart
You’re not the one that will make me come down
I’ll tell you something that you don't wanna hear:
You won’t be the monster that hides in my dreams

It’s not a game that you can play
It’s not a toy that you can break
What makes you think you’ll make me stay
If I can break your heart in two

Darling, darling
See what you’ve done now, you’re gonna pay, now
Darling, darling
I’m stronger than you, just so you know now

Now nuh nuh nuh, nuh nuh nu-nuh
Nuh nuh nuh, nuh nuh nu-nuh yeah
Nuh nuh nuh, nuh nuh nu-nuh
Oh darling, darling

There’s more to me, than your little eyes can see
I guess you’re just mean, and I’m giving you the medicine

You’re not the one that will strike at my heart
You’re not the one that will make me come down
There’s one thing about you that you cannot see:
Your words are empty when they come from you

What makes you think you’ll keep me here

What makes you think you’ll keep me here

Darling, darling
Darling, darling
I’m stronger than you, just so you know now

Now nuh nuh nuh, nuh nuh nu-nuh
Nuh nuh nuh, nuh nuh nu-nuh yeah
Nuh nuh nuh, nuh nuh nu-nuh
Oh darling, darling

(Darling, Darling)

Darling, darling
Darling, darling
I’m stronger than you just so you know-

-Now nuh nuh nuh, nuh nuh nu-nuh

I’m not made of glass, you’re not made of steel
Yeah nuh nuh, nuh nuh nu-nuh
Oh darling, darling

Darling, darling
Darling, darling

She falls on her knees as she looks up smiling, and a bit out of breath. "Thank you so very much!" She yells out to the crowd as the clap and cheer.

Last edited by Plangainer on Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
WV98: Achieved 15th Place
WV99: Achieved 9th Place (Top 10)
WV103: Achieved 6th Place (Top 10)
WV104: Achieved 3rd Place (Podium)
WV106: Achieved 4th Place (Top 5)
WV108: Achieved 10th Place (Top 10)
WV111: Achieved 4th Place (Top 5)

Vartugia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vartugia » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:46 am

27.Vartugia

"Please skip its loud AF!" - "Almost 6 minutes of cute music <3"

WARNING! TUNE IS LOUD.

Vartugia surprised everyone when they ended up getting only 2 points last time and the leadership was angry. But it was decided to give the person who "performed" another chance and he was saved from his execution at the last moment. Later they stole a demo from a popular band from Elejaime, unknowing about the main reason why the demo never was released in the first place.

The postcard has finished and everyone is screaming in horror as it's Vartugia next. No one was to expect the horror that was coming. The play-back machine begins to play and as the singer breaths in we hear loud noises as the demo had been corrupted, making it useless.

You were my ro...(*unhearable*)

Everyone minus the singer covers their ears as this is horrible. It also has another side-effect that is also disastrous. The main artist has started glitching out, making everyone question on what is going on. Some of the audience members have also started to corrupt themself too.

ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝǝ

This entry has began being corrupted as the tune becomes even louder. A loud explosion is heard as some electrical equipment has died from overload. Even the RP has started to see signs that it has began to corucorucorucorucorucorucorucorucorucorucorucorucorucorucorucorucorucoru

ǝ̖̈́ǝ̢̬̬͊͊̎ǝ̝̹̋̚ǝ͉̤̇̓ǝ̢͓̲͍̈̉̍̈ǝ̬̀ǝ̬̗͕̒̉͠ǝ͌ͅǝ̢͔̣̿̚͡ǝ̯̼͖̻̹̋̓̉́̚ǝ̘̱̠̄̂̀ǝ̢̯̦̮̲̓̃̚͡͠ǝǝ̦̼͓̦̎̍͌̓ǝ̤̙̋̈́ǝ̜̓̈ͅǝ̡̣͈͑̏͞ǝ̭̳̙̉̅̕ǝ̻̭͓̭̪̋͆̐͊̽ǝ̰̗͍͐̔̽ǝ̼̠̗̾̏̈́̉͢ǝ̲̈́̄͢ǝ͖̮̎̃̐͢ǝ͖̍ǝ̣̤͓́͂̑̎͜ǝ̡̪͓̂́̔ǝ͕͌ǝǝ̺̹͙̝̊̓̽̂ǝ̘̞̱̝͔͒̅͌̒̚ǝǝ̨̛̥̻͔́̂͆̓͢ǝ͜͞ǝ͚̪̤͛͋̔ǝ̣̮̝͔̋̔̄̐͋͜ǝ̞̙̦̤̔̐͘͝ǝ͙͙̰̰̆͂͞͞ǝ̧͚͍͐͊̋̌͟ǝ̻̠͐̀ǝ̤̺͉̌̌̕ǝ̘̤͖̟͊̊͒̿͗͢ǝ̧̭͉̋̆̚͢͝ǝ̹͉̇̐ǝ̙̩̘̲̿̅̉̕ǝǝ̣̗͔͚͑̍̃́̚͜ǝ̱͑ǝ̳̍ǝ̖̓̈́͢ǝ̛̥̘̤̜̗́̅̕͡ǝ

ERROR 404 RP NOT FOUND PLEASE TRY AGAIN

Suddenly the op behind this thread enters the thread in a safety suit and rushes to unplug a plug causing the thread to disappear. It has been so corrupted it takes 1 hour just to clean up this mess. The rest of this contest is about what happens after the cleaning and fixing was done.
Last edited by Vartugia on Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:09 am, edited 8 times in total.
Puppet of Darkmania

You are reading this signature, didn't you? If so, then have a nice day, and may whatever you believe in bless you.

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:52 am

Anton Virnov's participation at Worldvision comes off of his victory at the Landa vy Polkopiya, which has served as Polkopia's primary method of selecting their Worldvision entry for years. Virnov's recent participation is the young artist's second time at the LvP, with the first one being prior to the 96th edition of the contest, where his song, "High" unfortunately failed to reach the Grand Final. It was a complete 180° turnaround this edition, after Virnov's song swept the Grand Final in the jury vote, and narrowly came second in the televote, earning him the win over second-place MiRaj, who was regarded as an early fan favorite. This also marks the first time since the 76th edition of Worldvision where a song will be sung in entirely Polkopian. The option had been given to Virnov to change some of the lyrics of Zasvyet in order to feature both English and Polkopian lyrics, however Virnov refused, noting how the Polkopian language has seemed to disappear from the international stage since Sergey Borisčev's win in WV76. Hoping to start a trend with future Polkopian entries, Virnov opted to leave his song fully in Polkopian, hoping to do his home country proud by conveying the message of his song in the language it was intended for, rather than being forced to change the lyrics in order to appeal to a wider audience. Unlike artists in the past, Virnov did not intend to launch a large international career after Worldvision, but rather keep his base in Polkopia. While he acknowledged that he would love to have the opportunity to travel to a select few countries in order to showcase his music, he wanted to remain primarily in Polkopia, and write his songs for Polkopians. Polkopian artists inspired Virnov to jumpstart his music career, and he wanted to provide the same service for up-and-coming Polkopian artists as well. Virnov has stated that after Worldvision, he hopes to launch his own music academy in order to provide services to young, aspiring artists without overcharging like some of the flashier, well-renowned schools in Polkopia's larger cities.

Having stepped foot in Aenglide, Virnov realized that he was the first Polkopian musician to perform in the country. A small country in terms of population, Aenglide was always revered by Polkopians back home for its natural beauty. While the climates of Aenglide and Polkopia do share certain similarities, there was a certain euphoric freedom that the mountainous wilderness evoked in a first-time traveler that was unique to Aenglide, and Virnov was not an exception to this. He saw the sprawling forests from the comfort of his plane window, and immediately felt the urge to get lost in the woods - but only for a couple hours! Unfortunately, after landing, there was no time to wander the chilly landscape, as Virnov and his team had to immediately get settled and prepare for their performance. They all had rehearsed a hundred times back in Polkopia, however there were still many aspects that needed to be fleshed out on the Aenglish stage during rehearsals before the performance was ready to be seen by millions. These tidbits were nothing more intense than figuring out where to stand on stage at a certain time, figuring out camera angles, and so on, however these little intricacies made a world of a difference when it came to a Worldvision performance, and could very well mean the difference between first place and twentieth.

After recovering from a fair amount of jetlag, endless hours of dancing, singing, and correcting movements on stage, and sorting out technical difficulties between the Polkopian delegation and the Aenglish technical crew, the performance was where it needed to be. Worldvision was set to begin in two days, and it was all starting to sink in for Virnov, who had never performed on a stage this large, let alone in front of an audience this size. It wasn't necessarily pressure to do well that frightened Virnov - he had already been reminded one hundred times that he was coming off of a Polkopian win from last edition, but it was the inner perfectionist in him that was afraid of delivering a performance that wasn't up to his expectations. All week was spent trying to fix things here and there, and he couldn't help but feel as if something was doomed to go wrong during the performance in the Final. He always had a similar feeling when he performed back home, and more often than not, things usually went according to plan, but this time things seemed a bit more serious because of the magnitude of this competition, and how many people would be watching. While he didn't take himself too seriously on a day to day basis, he did consider himself to be a serious performer, and wanted every flaw, no matter how small it might be, to be snuffed out immediately so that it doesn't detract from the overall show. At this point, however, rehearsals had concluded and there was nothing more to be done on stage until the night of the Final. Whatever negative thoughts Virnov had at the moment would have to be shoved aside for the time being, and his focus would have to turn to preparing for the show and putting himself in the right mindset in order to deliver the performance of his life.

Prior to the beginning of the performance, Anton had been ushered onto the stage by the Polkopian delegation and situated at the vert center of the main stage. The Polkopian team wanted to bring a sort of sultry, sexiness to the song while also maintaining a mysterious and dark vibe to the performance. Although there were to be a multitude of layers for this performance, all of it seemed to go according to plan and the final product seemed good enough to present to the multiverse... at least, according to how the rehearsals went. This was going to be the performance of a lifetime and Anton knew that everything had to be perfect. He also knew that, as a performer, one of the biggest challenges he had was to not let it show on his face how much he was thinking about getting ever step right. He had been instructed to maintain a carefree, almost lackadaisical onstage. Anton was to be wearing a black, sleeveless mesh shirt, under a black, loose-fitting jacket, complete with tight leather black pants and matching shoes. He stood in front of a microphone stand, and the backing LED wall was completely black for the most part, but illuminated around each side, as well as the floor, similar to this. The lighting was changed to a deep red, and dim enough so the audience couldn't see Anton - only his silhouette. The red lighting illuminated very small details of his face, but was certainly not bright enough so that one could see every intricate expression he made as he sang. Fog seemed to creep off of his shoulders, and a similar effect would be situated near the microphone as he sang, hoping to add an extra sultry layer on to the performance.

Vyduvay'te muziku vibravayet ab vašu kožu
Feel the music pulsate against your skin

I poteryay'te svoyu žustutiyu tansovaya menya meždu
And lose your senses, dancing against me

Tiy i ya - miy možem biyt odna čerez noču
You and I - we can be alone for the night

Tak zabuvay'te vesa, i smotri na menya
So forget everyone and keep your eyes focused on me

As Anton sang "čas," the camera angle would switch positions, focusing on Anton's face from three different angles. Regardless of where the camera was viewing him from, Anton stared straight ahead as he sang, now starting to move his hands over his chest as he sang the rest of the pre-chorus bit here. The LED screen showed what looked like iron bars, however the LED screen showed it in a way that mimicked a flickering light in a deep, red shade, so the dark lighting and the flickering lights made it hard to tell for sure. Fog continued to creep out onto the stage floor from all around in the meantime.

Čas, čas, čas, eto vyos čito nam nužno
One hour, one hour, one hour is all that we need

Fakt, fakt, fakt, čito ne opiraešya
It's a fact fact, fact that you can't resist

I raz, raz, raz, eto rukhaet'sya tak biystro
And the time, time, time, moves so quickly

Yesli kot-to pitaet...
If anyone asks...

As soon as the opening note of the chorus hit, lights illuminated Anton fully so that his face was now fully visible to the viewer, though still in various tones of deep red. This only happened for a moment though, as the lighting on and around the stage flickered, mimicking that of the LED screen during the pre-chorus. On the LED screen, the iron bars from the pre-chorus were still visible, but the bars' shapes were much more defined now than before. Blank silhouettes of faceless men and women appeared behind these bars, all of who were dancing. Though they weren't dancing a choreographed number, all of their movements were kept in-sync with the rhythm of the song. Once Anton sang, "Zakončena net" a second time, he held his arms out and smoke erupted from the perimeter of the stage, engulfing the entire back of the stage in thick, gray smoke which was colored red from the stage lighting. The iron bars and silhouettes from the LED screen were hardly visible through the smoke, and all that could be clearly seen was Anton, singing and dancing in the same manner as he had been throughout the performance so far.

Zakončena net
There is no end

Miy parepolotoniye do zasvyet
We're intertwined until dawn

Dua tila stayut odin, tol'ko čerez noču
Two bodies become one, only for the night

I ražušayut davno stinu
And the walls have been town down

I ne nikogda voročayet-yet-yet-yet
And will never come back, back, back

Zakončena net
There is no end

No yest' yeše voperedu
But there is still more to come

Tak milaya, vozi roku-ku-ku-ku
So baby take my hand, hand, hand, hand

The camera moved to a frontal view of the stage, with Anton positioned in the very middle. With the first few notes of the verse, the camera froze in such a way that everything on-stage was completely still. Smoke had engulfed most of the stage, and covered most of Anton's face, but his eyes still peeped through the smoke and stared directly in the camera. The camera zoomed in on this until the beat sounded. By this time, much of the smoke had dissipated so the stage was nearly completely visible once more. Once the camera panned to a view where the rest of the stage was visible, the viewers saw that two "cages" had been rolled out onto the stage floor behind where Anton stood, each of the cages situated on either side of him. Inside each cage was a dancer - one female, and one male. The female dancer had no shirt on, but an open-faced leather jacket covering her breasts, and tight, skin-clad leather pants, and leather boots. She wore dark sunglasses and her hair had been done up in a high ponytail which ran all the way to her lower back. The male dancer was dressed in a similar getup, with only a leather jacket on his torso that hadn't been zipped. He wore black pants with several silver chains dangling from the waist, and black combat boots. Though he had no makeup, he wore heavy eyeliner and mascara.

Yesli eto za noč, pozvoli lučo noč vaševo žizna
If this is for one night, let it be the best night of your life

Nervakh net, pozvoli instinkt vozat vaša
There are no nerves, let it be instinct that takes you

I teper terbovi, poka čas yeše opal'na
You can worry later, for now forget everything else

I pozvoli moyo tilo staet vaš gid
And let my body be your guide

The camera alternated between a stage view and close-up shots of the three people on stage now. The fog had started to return to the stage, and the red lighting intensified. As the camera focused on anyone on stage, it would show the shot in slow-motion before transitioning to the next shot, which would be in real-time. This was to add a cinematic approach to the performance and had been one of the most difficult challenges to prepare for, however the countless hours spent rehearsing this bit seemed to pay off.

Čas, čas, čas, eto vyos čito nam nužno
One hour, one hour, one hour is all that we need

Fakt, fakt, fakt, čito ne opiraešya
It's a fact fact, fact that you can't resist

I raz, raz, raz, eto rukhaet'sya tak biystro
And the time, time, time, moves so quickly

Yesli kot-to pitaet...
If anyone asks...

As Anton sang the first half of the chorus, he slowly extended his arms outward, and by the end of the first half, his arms were completely outstretched. The dancers, meanwhile, slowed their routine in order to match the speed at which Anton extended his arms out. Once the beat resumed midway through the chorus, Anton shot his first in the air while his other hand grasped his microphone, and smoke shot out of the perimeter of the stage once more, flooding the stage in the dark red smoke. The camera was mainly focused on Anton, however shots of the background dancers and LED screen were seen overlapping the foreground at a low transparency so as to not completely shield the main shot. At the end of the chorus, a robotic voice sang unintelligible words, but this didn't seem to matter to anyone on stage, who kept dancing in-sync with the beat until the instrumentation had ended.

Zakončena net
There is no end

I ražušayut davno stinu
And the walls have been town down

I ne nikogda voročayet-yet-yet-yet
And will never come back, back, back

Zakončena net
There is no end

No yest' yeše voperedu
But there is still more to come

Tak milaya, vozi roku-ku-ku-ku
So baby take my hand, hand, hand, hand

The performance ended and the lights returned to their normal state. Anton waved to the cheering crowd and took a bow, unable to hide the cheeky grin he was sporting. After a couple of seconds, he left the stage and the Polkopian delegation cleared up the props in order to make way for the next performance of the night.
Last edited by Polkopia on Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:40 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Crustyland
Attaché

Founded: Oct 15, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Crustyland » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:53 pm

29. Crustyland

In a bid to attract tourists to Crustyland the Crustyland Choir and their song named " Crustyland" failed to really attract any attention, getting the dreaded 0 points from the public and only 18 points in the jury. In another bid to showcase their "beautiful" nation the Crustyland Chor teamed up with Gen Z Hits in the hope of winning over the Worldvision crowds.

The stage is set and the notion of the lights shows the entry is about to start. Lots of ear-piercing off-key notes blast out into the audience and many cover their ears in pain. The stage is lit yellow and Gen Z HIts is stood centre stage. A black shadows block the Crustylkand Choir at the back of the stage. He is in his 30s not and not bad looking with a neat brown beard and his hair waxed up but boy he couldn't sing! He is wearing a navy and red t-shirt and black jeans. His voice is hilarious and high pitched and for most viewers, it loos like he is improvising but, no these were the lyrics! To make a statement he shouts "COST NO PRICE!" and smiles.

Crustyland's nice
Crustyland's nice
Crustyland's hotels COST NO PRICE!

The camera pans over the audience and the audience are still clinching their ears are not enjoying it as Gen Z Hits stands there babbling and swaying centre stage the camera focused on him.

Crusty Crusty Crusty
Price price price
We had to come here again and sing it twice

The lights flash and suddenly a huge Crustyland flag, waving appears in the background waving elegantly in the breeze. The lights are all on and now we can see the Crustyland choir standing in 4 rows swaying on a tiered stand, with their hands in salute to their national flag. The audience looks at one another and begin to take their hands down from their ears. The song had taken a very good turn. The camera pans out proudly. Gen Z sings insyn with the choir.

Crustyland's nice
Crustyland's nice
Crustyland's hotels COST NO PRICE!

During this verse, the choir's curtain they had brought with them sadly topples and pulls down the flimsy paper screen that was hanging in front of the real green screen the wholetime that was live streaming various drone shots of Crustyland. The real-life and actually fairly stunning Crustyland tundra with spruce forests and Aurora is replaced by the hellhole that was the urban side of Crustyland. The half-abandoned derelict foul-smelling semi aquatic sea life infested side. The audience gasps in horror. Some of the choir who were swaying too furiously and proudly being flapping and fall down onto the other members of the choir in a loud crash and groan! The audience looks on

Crusty Crusty Crusty
Price price price
We had to come here again and sing it to you twice

The song kicks up an octave and everyone starts to sing louder, exchanging awkward glances at each other as their cover is blown. They carry on swaying. The stage is still lit white.

Crustyland's nice
Crustyland's nice
Crustyland's landscapes really suffice

The live stream video gets worse as a dilapidated plane flies by and a cat for some reason gets arrested by the police in downtown Flomalas.

Crusty Crusty Crusty
Price price price
We had to come here again to ask you to check out the sights!

Gen Z Hits suddenly points his device "thingy" at the LED screen and Christine Derman the Prime Minster of Crustyland with hypnotic eyes appears on the screen. The music takes a sudden, dramatic and a rather scary turn as Gen Z Hits and the Crustyland Choir try to hypnotise the audience. The lights fade and an ominous radioactive green fills the stage. The baffled audience unaffected by any of this starts looking at one another as the music continues. Everyone on stage including the choir all points ominously into the arena without blinking hoping to win over the crowd. It does not work. The scary but fairly cool orchestral music builds and builds and [url=https://arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-sltrib.s3.amazonaws.com/public/PIZNHHZJD5FN5GY5WWUKLEFWBI.jpg Christine's Derpans [/url]face, the Crustyland President appears on screen and starts to move closer and closer. The song suddenly ends as the green lights are replaced again by happy pink and white lights to lighten up the mood.

A few claps can be heard through the otherwise silent audience.
Last edited by Crustyland on Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Aenglide
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Aenglide » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:21 pm

Tune: Jeremy Vancaulart & Danyka Nadeau - Hurt
Language: English
Music: Jan Kémurik
Lyrics: Eva Kújlora, Henrieta Erunva

Introduction

Ænglidsféstival 97 came harshly to Jannix and Eva Kújlora. The night came down in VadTK Arena in Kéterig, Aenglide’s capital and largest city. It was the first ever Ænglidsféstival to happen, and it was used to select Aenglide’s song and entry for Worldvision 97 in Norfolk Pinewoods, Beepee. The night was great for those two, as they had performed fifth in the running order. Their song was called "Kun élsk es de þoíða ált övke ále", which translates to "Only love is the thing that wants it all" in English. They filled the arena’s atmosphere with joy, and Eva sang her heart out on stage. Jannix was just too busy with the DJ set to care about anything else, but felt good nonetheless. It actually looked like they were going to win that night, with airline tickets straight to Beepee. Everyone in Aenglide and Worldvision fans predicted a win for Jannix and Eva Kújlora. After their performance, came time for the voting, where international juries chimed in and gave their vote. The duo had received four 6’s (which is the maximum points to give to an artist) from the juries over in Beepee, Malta Comino Gozo, Pemecutan and Norrp, and the points kept accumulating to their score. Jannix and Eva were ecstatic that night, and as the 6’s kept coming in, Eva wept tears from her eyes even more, she needed tissues for her emotions. Jannix, on the other hand, just remained calm, chill and collected but was still very happy to get such points from the juries. Sure, there were lower points including a 4, a 3, and two 2s that were given to them, which surprised the crowd immensely, but everyone still knew that they were going to take the first place that night.

Well, so they thought. Jannix and Eva Kújlora did not actually win Ænglidsféstival 97 like everyone had hoped. It was The Mercantiles who won that night. The band from Akjefuldin had won first place with 36 points that night and were sent off to Norfolk Pinewoods. It came as a shock to the people in the arena, the people watching at home and people watching from other countries. You would think that after a great, predicted performance and multiple 6 points that they would have won. Nope, it was instead a rather underdog in the contest. The voting had shown that The Mercantiles had won first place with 36 points. It beat Jannix and Eva, who had 35 points at the end. There were constant mixed emotions around the arena, especially since it was only a single point difference that could have changed it all if the juries had voted just a tiny bit differently. It came as a huge shock because unlike Jannix and Eva, the most points that The Mercantiles constantly kept getting, were 5’s. Nearly every time. But, it was not enough as there are more points in six 5’s, than four 6’s, out of the possible eight juries that had sent their votes that night. While Jannix wasn’t mad or anything, he was just very, very accepting of their result. On the other hand, Eva could not stop crying, and tears kept pouring down her face. It wasn’t tears from not winning, but rather tears from a runners-up achievement, and knowing that people absolutely loved her song and her vocals. Both of them accepted that they weren’t taking the trip of their lives, but were still happy about The Mercantiles’ win. Eva even reached out to Evángeljna, the lead singer of The Mercantiles, to congratulate her on her successful win.

The Mercantiles went on to come an awesome 2nd place out of 25 countries in Beepee. The band totalled a very outstanding 179 points. It was the first ever top 5 placing, and the first ever top 3 placing. A runners-up placing gave Aenglish Worldvision fans a sign of hope that finally, they’re able to find themselves on the left side of the leaderboard, and that they currently started a streak with it. They had a great time performing in Norfolk Pinewoods, and on the stage of the city’s very own Waratah Theatre. All that was feIt was excitement and great feelings for everyone in Aenglide to do so well, but it was a matter of time until the next entry. What was planned for Aenglide for Worldvision 98? Ænglidsféstival, for its first live show, did well in the eyes of the general Worldvision fan community. It was greatly done and had great potential to carry on going to select this edition’s entry. People did look forward to the next Ænglidsféstival in Kéterig, but something that had even more people looking forward to was an overwhelming support for Jannix and Eva Kújlora to have a redemption. Sure, their second place at Ænglidsféstival was a very respectable and great effort, but many people were still emotionally saddened that they didn’t end up going to Worldvision 97. So, why shouldn’t they go to Worldvision 98? Aenglish Worldvision fans really wanted to see the duo perform, and desperately. That is when they [revolted and protested] strongly demanded that Jannix and Eva go to Worldvision 98. Wherever it was going to be.

But that night being at Ænglidsféstival, sitting in the VadTK Arena, they will still fondly remember. While Jannix and Eva both agreed that the night was fun, full of joy and excitement, and mostly love, they didn’t actually need it. Nope, they did not need to perform at Ænglidsféstival at all. Why? Because they were going to be internally selected as Aenglide’s artists in the following edition. The people’s voices were heard, the voices of the Aenglish fans that wanted to see the duo perform. They managed to put pressure on Aenglide’s Head of Delegation both sending Jannix and Eva Kújlora to Worldvision and cancelling Ænglidsféstival for this edition. Well, they agreed. What could go wrong? People seemed to enjoy their performance and their music, and there was obviously overwhelming support, so it was the best thing to select. And now, they’re ready to take on Worldvision. It’s only time to tell from here.

Jannix & Eva Kújlora

Jannix, the DJ on the left, and Eva Kújlora, the singer, on the right.

Jannix, who’s real name is Jan Kémurik, is an Electronic-EDM DJ from Kagyjov, Aenglide’s second largest city in the northern side of the country. He is a big DJ name around Aenglide, doing concerts every once in a while in Aenglide’s major centres, and as of recently doing small concerts in provincial seats and other smaller towns across the country. He frequently collaborates with other singers, like Eva Kújlora, to create songs that chart in Aenglide. Jannix has never sung in any song and has only always been interested in electronic music creation since the early age of sixteen. Eva Kújlora is a singer/songwriter based in Kagyjov too, and she shares the same home town as Jannix. Having taken vocal classes since she was just fourteen, she’s been making electro pop songs with various artists and also using popular social media to get her music out to the public. Since then, the duo have gained popularity in Aenglide after their participation in Ænglidsféstival, and as they were born and bred in the same city, this musical collaboration was made easier due to this fact. The song was recorded and edited in a studio in Keterig, since that is where the music studios are all located.

Way Of Life

Song cover for Way Of Life, released as a single by Jannix & Eva Kújlora

The song, “Way Of Life”, was made as a single and has lyrics about a lover who you spend all of life with, in any moment, in both the good times and the bad times. It was quite interesting lyricism for such a heavy trance-like song. Even though it is a relatively short song in terms of its lyrics, the song only having sixteen lines and a large instrumental part, it had generally great reception from the Aenglish public (helps when you had heavy support in attempt in winning the national selection for Worldvision 97 all over the country). When the song was released and made known as Aenglide’s entry for Worldvision 98, the duo went on a release tour to 7 cities/towns around the country, performing at local venues. They went to Kéterig, Ákjefuldin, Kagyjov, Skyáþoige, Ljænborg, Véksa, and Aúlus/Öölus. Since it's the largest city obviously, They had to do two live shows here in Kéterig. The live song parties went well in every place, and Aenglish Worldvision fans made sure to sell them out.

Keterig

Good old Keterig. A place that the two are quite familiar with. Despite Keterig not being their hometown, they had seen every part of it, inside out. You wouldn’t be surprised that they’ve seen it as the Worldvision host city for this edition is literally the capital of their own country. Keterig was essentially a second home to them as both of them had recorded and produced their songs here. Regardless, they had to come to the city for Worldvision and they didn’t mind anyway. A travel is a travel, even if it is familiar territory. It was quite the charm that Worldvision was brought over to Keterig, after it placed 1st and won the bid out of 3 cities, the other two being Hercules, Beepee and Duomji, StrayaRoos Barrier Islands. It was spectacular that Aenglide has only participated since Worldvision 92, a very recent entry into the contest, and that Jannix and Eva Kújlora's song was only the seventh Aenglish entry in the contest, it felt like the country had come so far.

Jannix and Eva stayed in a small hotel within the city, and they went to the waterfront, and watched the calm seas over Brjdo Bay and the islands nearby, as they sat outside at a small, local bakery. There were markets on the waterfront that day, and it had all kinds of things. Fish, clothing, baking, and definitely more fish. Keterig’s offshore waters hosts many kinds of fish, and whether it be locals with their fishing rods getting the early catch on the docks, or vessels sailing out on the freezing cold harbour fishing for the frozen goods industries. There was quite the abundance of fish being sold at the markets, and it didn’t help that they were all quite spread out around the market, filling the markets with a fishy stench. Eva is a big seafood fan and found the fish, along with the other seafood quite cool, but she didn’t buy any. Jannix isn’t that fond of seafood, and you could see why, however if you didn’t like fish and you were from Aenglide, you’d been seen as a bit of an outsider, as seafood has had a very large impact on Aenglide's cuisine and local dishes.

Then, they both strolled over to Alexandra Hill. A peninsula that juts off and into Brjdo Bay, which is all a park, full of stunning views and luscious nature to see. They walked up to the top of Alexandra Hill. Sure, the summit of Alexandra Hill clearly isn’t the taller alpine mountains that Aenglide is geographically famous for, but the views were nice enough to be able to see the city centre and the outskirts of town, and even across the plains and the distant mountains of the Suþeý Peninsula (The large peninsula in southern Aenglide that Keterig lies on). On the other side, the picturesque Brjdo Bay’s glistening blue waters were a spectacle to see, and the islands in the near and far distance in the sea. Alexandra Hill is a tree-forested place, full of tall boreal trees. You’re able to spend a long time just gazing at the lovely views there.

As the sun began to set in the horizon, Keterig’s nearly east-to-west grid system made it a spectacular scene as the sun was somewhat aligned with the streets facing Brjdo Bay, and you could see it drop below the horizon down the streets. Both Jannix and Eva started walking down Hansenvéj, the main street of Keterig. A wide parisian-style boulevard with trees dotting up and down the centre with stores, cafes, restaurants and apartments were. Jannix himself, not being the largest fan of shopping, was quite bored waiting outside places while Eva looked around inside the shops, but the surrounding city made up for it. As for Eva, she was very keen in looking around stores within the city centre that she has possibly gone past a hundred or so times. She’s probably even entered some of them. Probably even more than once. If you ask the average Kéteriger (a person from Keterig) about the shopping centre, they would tell you that it’s only really tourists who go shopping in the city centre, meaning that, Eva in her own country, made herself look like a foreign tourist.

The next day, they both went to Saint-Jan Stave Church, a Nordic Protestant Stave Church, the largest in Keterig city. Its wooden exterior and interior makes people wonder how it still stands after being constructed in the Viking Kingdoms era of Aenglide. The prominent structure is a high standing building within the skyline of Keterig. Since the 1950s, the church has not been used for masses or prayer and is now only used as a tourist attraction for visitors. The Nordic Protestant religion and beliefs are quite rare in Aenglide nowadays, but has been something that has been preserved and cherished as part of Keterig and Aenglish history. Jannix and Eva bought lunch from a nearby restaurant and took it to the park surrounding the church. It was the last sightsee before business within Worldvision began. That night, it was rehearsals, interviews, photography, and most importantly, the preparation for their entry.

Performance

Jannix and Eva Kújlora were ready for the night of Worldvision and their performance in the VadTK Arena. They were allocated to perform as number 30, after Crustyland’s entry and before Mister X’s entry. Crustyland’s act scurries off the stage, ready to swap out for Jannix and Eva, who were performing next.

After the postcard for Aenglide was shown, which were Stones (or Kílainen in Aenglic), the duo quickly climb onto the stage, and the stage organisers help move a very bulky stand with a DJ set on to the centre-back of the stage. Jannix makes his way and steps onto his DJ set at the back, putting his headphones on, while Eva quickly makes sure that the fog machine is turned on to cover the stage, for a dramatic effect. Eva makes sure she takes the microphone and then she goes onto stage. They are both ready to begin their performance as they take their places.

Jannix in the back is on a raised DJ set and hes, well, let's just say “using” it (the tune is prerecorded), and Eva Kújlora is in the front of the stage, wearing a sky blue leather dress, shrouded in stage fog to encapsulate a dramatic sense of flying. The music plays, and it starts off with the beat and the synth. The lights flash greatly to begin the song, and Eva begins with the first verse.

I’ll be close to you, always in my arms
I’ll be there if your heart falls like autumn leaves (autumn leaves)
Shrouded in my love, in the presence of me
You’re worth more than a diamond ring (diamond ring), ooh

The LED wall at the back of the stage shows glittery lights, with various hues of blues and greens, to vaguely reflect the northern lights of Aenglide, but in general as a misty, mysterious colour that faintly resonates with the mist. The stage's floor also has an LED screen which also showed the light greens and blues like the LED back wall, but this was obviously obscured by the stage fog, which only really shrouded up at Eva's ankles. The camera cuts in and around the audience, only to then turn to face over the stage where Jannix can be seen nodding his head to the beat of the song, while it then cuts to Eva doing a small twirl on stage and smiling to the people in the audience. It shortly returns to Eva singing the next verse after.

Whatever you touch, turns into gold
I’ll carry you through broken pavements (broken pavements)
Taking my hand, the love’s strengthening
Many vast fields left for exploring (for exploring), ooh

All of the stage lights shut, and it is entirely pitch black on stage, including the LED wall being pitch black, except a spot light that points directly at Eva. It shows her kneeling, and then lying on the fog-covered floor to sing this chorus. The lights make it so that Jannix and the DJ set at the back cannot be seen, and only taking the spotlight is Eva. Jannix is not shown, because the song becomes a melancholic piano part that is trying to only show the emotion of the singer. Eva on her knees kneeling and lying down on the stage is also meant to capture this feeling. It becomes an emotional part, and so emotional that Eva can be seen wiping a small tear that falls down her face from her eyes during the middle of the first chorus. She sings very calmly here.

It feels like a dream, everywhere I stand
Always calling my name, saying take my hand
Never leaving your side,
Is this the way of life?

After such an emotional chorus, when the beat hits after the chorus ends, and the harmony uproars, strobing beams of light light up the arena, and the DJ set and Jannix become shown again. All of the lights strongly flow everywhere to signify the start of the instrumental beat. This goes on for a while so within that time, The camera cuts to Jannix doing whatever a DJ does and nodding to the beat. The camera also shows a longer time spent showing the audience, with their flags and lots of cheering when it points at them. The reason why the audience and Jannix get shown more is because Eva is walking down the catwalk and onto the bridge in this part, where to have a somewhat “magical” effect is not shown on camera. Of course live in the arena you’d see her walking there.

For this last chorus, the same lines as before are repeated, except this time with the EDM beat in the background instead of the sad piano bit like before. Eva sings to the best of her capabilities, she sings very strongly to end off the song in a powerful ending. When she sings the last line of the song “Is this the way of life?”, there is a camera that joins her on the catwalk and since she sings a very long note at the end, the camera follows around her in a circle, with Eva looking directly in the camera when she sings that note.

It feels like a dream, everywhere I stand
Always calling my name, saying take my hand
Never leaving your side,
Is this the way of life?

It is an impressive, long note that she sung, and continues singing the same line twice, and decides to variate the lyrics a tad bit for the last line. The camera keeps showing Eva singing until the music stops, where the entire stage is showed, and then panning to the audience.

Is this the way of life?
Tell me, is this the way of life?

The last line and ends the song spectacularly. The crowd is seen cheering heavily, and it cuts to Aenglish fans waving the flag of Aenglide patriotically in the audience. While on the bridge, she looks and smiles and the crowd near her, and looks out to all of the arena and she lets out a great “THANK YOU!” to the audience, followed behind a quieter and more relaxed "Thank you!" from Jannix. Jannix and Eva then go to the middle of the stage and start hugging each other after their performance, with the audience still making lots of noise. After what was a cute moment, stage organisers help remove the DJ set out, they clear the stage for the next entry, which is from Mister X.

Jannix and Eva Kújlora leave the stage, and Eva ends up on the seating area in tears. Happy tears of course, and Jannix goes to cuddle her. Jannix was really proud of her performance, and the way she sang. Eva cannot believe the love shown by the audience, and the fact that after so many rehearsals, she finally showed her song to the entire world.
Last edited by Aenglide on Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:09 pm, edited 15 times in total.
AENGLIDE

The Federation of Aenglide | Federatig Ænglide | Fiterääne Angeeli | Ajunnuna Anigilaak | ᐱᑦᑲᓅᓇ ᐊᖏᓛᑦ/Pitkanuuna Angilaat

A LAND OF FOUR CONLANGS. Aenglic/Ænglik Sprök, Hööra, Uqqurapiata, Kuqaarii/ᑯᖄᕇ !

Standard English: /eɪŋliːd/
Aenglic: /ængliːdə/
WMCA Observer State | WorldVision Committee Member | IIWIKI Page | NS stats not canon

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:18 pm

31 MISTER X

Entourage - "Searching For My Vindication"
Tune: My Chemical Romance - "Welcome To The Black Parade"

Mister X has not competed at the WorldVision Song Contest for quite some time, given events that dissuaded MRX Television from re-entering, along with a horribly poor track record in recent years decades. They have decided to have another proper stab at this, and who better to re-enter than their very first entrants, Entourage, who competed way back in WorldVision 29 with "Na La Na La Na" (MRX Television felt its best chance to win initially was by singing vague gibberish) and followed that up with a plethora of interesting entries over the years, and Entourage have certainly played their part in doing so.

So... why now? Why did MRX choose to enter this now? Well, that story begins with a mountainous hobo on the top of Mount Major, a man known only by Robin Joshson. He offered Entourage's members the elixir of youth. Its de-ageing properties mean that it fetches a value of around T14,112 per kilo. Very few people are known to have found Robin Joshson's hiding place, not least because any attempts to steal his product always end in divine intervention, or so the legend says (with Mister X being a secular nation). All four members of Entourage now look the same as they did in WorldVision 29. The internal effects, however, are unknown. There was, however, one catch: Joshson offered, allegedly, a 17.5% discount if MRX would return to the WorldVision stage with Entourage singing. With absolutely no hesitation, Entourage agreed to do so.

Unusually for MRX Television, this is a rock song. So naturally everyone is wearing black, because apparently it's a rock colour. The stage is coated in a nice, even covering of smoke, with the visibility good to middling. The beginning is shot in black and white and in a letterbox frame, because it's arty and inventive. Apparently. We have a zoom, close up on the keyboard player, solitarily.

He plays the opening notes, before a fade to black, before we fade up again with a solitary light on Josh (left of picture), who gives us the opening line of the song, in close-up, in black, all alone.

I'll tell you a story,
So are you sitting comfortably?
I'm ready to begin

The drums kick in, and the camera pulls back gently from Josh, to reveal the drummer in the back of shot, out of focus, but with a spotlight now illuminating him too.

It's a story about me
A hero, but not that you can see that
It's time to hear my truth

Likewise, as the bass guitar kicks in, the camera pulls back so that Josh, the guitarist (audience left, behind Josh), and the drummer (audience right, behind Josh) are now all in the same shot.

So let me tell you, you don't know
All of it, the pain and hurt inside me
It's tearing me apart

Josh walks past the camera, which pivots round to follow him, as he walks to the centre of the stage and puts the microphone in the stand.

And what I tell you, I promise
It's more that I know just what I have done
And what I want to do

After a close-up of the drummer, we cut to a few wide shots for the short instrumental, which are taken from quite a distance as well for good measure in there too, but the crashing cymbals, at this stage, do not elicit more of an extreme lighting reaction other than a few lights turning on on each crash before fading back off again.

The other band members, George, Jaymi, and JJ, all shout down the microphones, but from so far away it generates a fairly odd sound, with them somehow shouting but remaining quiet in the overall mix.

(So this is his story)
(So are you sitting comfortably?)
(He's ready to begin)
(It's a story about him)
(A hero, but not that you can see that)
(It's time to hear his truth)

And NOW it kicks off.

The lights all come on, although not adding much colour. However, the picture now reverts to a 16:9 standard widescreen frame (goodbye letterbox bars) which also reverts the picture away from black and white, although the only clues that we've done so are the fact the audience are obviously in colour and you can see red piping on the trims of the boys' outfits, because the stage lights are naturalistic white light or not at all, and the only other staging element is a black back wall.

A flash of sparks as the beat kicks in is the only other element of colour.

The camera is now more energetic, with fast panning shots and close-ups in equal measure. Every time Josh does not sing, we cut to a close-up of the instrument whose riff is being played.

Sometimes I hear them saying
That what you see of me
Is not always the truth of what I know
And through it all, I rise and fall
But I know what to do
And it's just something I have to tell you

For the chorus, the lights start moving around and generating patterns (for Eurovision fans out there, think Finland 2014).

Vindication, vindication
And though I know what I'm searching for
I know I'll find
Vindication, vindication
I know that one day I'll be set free
So just you wait, you will see

Lots of the lights turn off for the second verse, as Josh goes on a walk along the walkway bit between the stage and the bridge, eventually arriving at the end of the bridge itself at the end of the verse. The steadicam tracks him, impressively walking backwards in order to do so.

A woman sees you circling
Around inside your head
They're saying I could just go kill you all
So in my head, my voice, it says
It tells me what to do
Believe me, you don't know what I've been through

Breathlessly, he now runs back to the stage and returns the microphone into its stand during this chorus.

Vindication, vindication
And though I know what I'm searching for
I know I'll find
Vindication, vindication
I know that one day I'll be set free
So just you wait, you will see

For the bridge section, the lighting adopts a red motif, because red and black is cool, right?

I ain't got nothing now left to fear, no, no, no
All the time I know there's something here, no, no, no
So just listen to me, and you'll know I'm searching for

This is a little bit like a clapping bit, so all four members of the band hold their right hand fists aloft to the audience during this section.

What I want, it's open to me
For all the world will never break me apart
Come on then, come on and hurt me
Just so you know, I have nothing left to fear
What this is, it is my story
'Cause it's my life, it's the only one I've got
Listen here, my heart is broken
So tell me now, have I earned it?

Their fists remain aloft for the first two lines of this section, but they start pumping the air to gee up the crowd for the final chorus.

Just a man, I'm not the villain
Just a boy, my message should shine through
So tell me is my heart black or white
Am I free?

The lights now return to their black and white motif, whilst they also begin to move again.

Vindication, vindication
And now you know what I've been doing
I know I've found
Vindication, vindication
And now I know that I've been set free
I'm coming out the dark, my friend

As the coda to the song, everything starts to die down somewhat, with the spotlights on the protagonists all turning off one by one, because ending the same way we started is artistic, apparently.

Eventually, it's just the drummer alone in spotlight who is drumming, until the final timpani beat, when he also loses the light.
Last edited by Mister X on Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beepee
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Beepee » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:51 pm

32. BEEPEE

"Next To Me"
Performed by
Horace Cope

Tune: Karsten Walter - "Komm Näher"

Horace Cope was born under a waxing moon in Pisces, the year of the Ox.

His parents were part of a travelling show.  His mother would dance for the money they'd throw.  His father would do whatever he could, preach a little Gospel, or sell a couple bottles of Dr Good.

At the age of sixteen, he met a boy just outside of Banksia, who travelled with them for a while.  The boy was twenty-one, and Horace's father would have shot him of he knew what he'd done.

Horace decided at the age of twenty to put his travelling life behind him and settled on Silver Wattle Bay as his home, where he put his unique talents to use.

He also operated as a medium, tea leaf reader and astrologist.  His astrology readings briefly featured in  the redtop "The Daily Male", a job for which he wad wholly unsuited.  However, in an attempt to curry favour with his competitors, prior to this evening's performance he provided astrological predictions for each of their star signs...

Aquarius - You claim you're just carrying water. You're not, you're just fat.

Pisces - You're fishy.   Pure tuna.  And that's not a good thing.

Aries - Aries the Ram... you haven't rammed anything recently.  And that's not something likely to change soon. 

Taurus - The Bull.  And that's all you talk...

Gemini - the twins.  Despite what your parents said, they always preferred your other sibling.  Everyone else prefers them too.

Cancer the Crab. Crabs!  You need together that sorted.  Get down to the clinic right now.

Leo the Lion.  You're king of the jungle, if the jungle is your grotty bedsit in Cockermouth.  Do us all a favour and crack a window.

Virgo the Virgin - That's not changing any time soon....

Libra the Scales - the scales are all about balance.  On the one hand your ugly and on the other you've got a terrible personality.

Scorpio the Scoprion - You've always been committed to being yourself. Stop it. No-one cares.  Indeed, it pisses everyone else off. 

Sagittarius the Archer.  Sagittarius  was a centaur, half man: half horse.  Shame you got the face of a horse and the *ahem* lower half of a man

Capricorn the Goat.  This star sign is the closest you'll ever get to being the GOAT.

As a side hustle, Horace also sells healing crystals and joss sticks.  Any fans in the auditorium following the performance, can catch Horace in the parking lot behind the VADtk Arena.

Despite his failings as a shaman for the ages, Horace isn't all bad.  He has a kind heart and is simply looking for the right man to settle down with.

He's also a talented guitar player.  He learned to play the guitar at an early age.  Playing every night to aid his mother in dancing for the men who came around and lay their money down.  It allowed him to understand different styles of music and to tailor his style to what is popular and in. 

When his clairvoyance career stuttered, his talent allowed him to play gigs with touring singers.  It was on one tour where he met Beepeean Songwriter Otto Tune.   The pair struck up an unlikely friendship, with Otto and Horace writing a number of songs together, and Otto introducing Horace to the movers and shakers in the Beepeean schlager scene.

Horace was fortunate to be selected by internal selection processes.  Indeed, it was only because Otto Tune wrote the song that Horace will be singing tonight that Horace was chosen.

Horace spent his day off from the stresses of rehearsals, walking around Alexandra Hill in Keterig.  It was nice of him to reconnect with nature.  He found it peaceful and calming to be away from the hubbub at the Arena.

We walked all morning along the hiking trail around the peninsula with its views over the sapphire blue waters of the Brjdo Bay. He stopped at a picnic bench and tucked into his fruitarian lunch.   Before climbing up the hill to the viewpoint overlooking the sprawling city below him.

He could make out the key features of Keterig, the Saint-Jan Stave Church, Hansenvéj, Alsíg Square.  After a day of wandering amongst the trees he felt refreshed for the rest of the contest.

Two female backing dancers will ably assist Horace in tonight's performance which will be filled with poppy dance moves, bright shining toothy grins and maybe, just maybe, if you're lucky, a glimpse of Horace's rock hard abs.

Horace is wearing skinny black jeans, a tighty white t-shirt and a brightly multi-coloured leatherette jacket.   His hair has been tousled and is wonderfully intricate.

He stands centre stage awaiting the postcard to end and for the cue to begin his performance.   Horace is surrounded by mini spotlights which create a small runway effect, where he stands

His two backing singer-dancers stand left and right of stage.

The anticipation of the audience begins to rise as the beautiful postcard showing the majestic and colourful mountain parrots flying over the rugged hills of Aenglide comes to an end.

There's a brief pause.

And the Aenglish director sets up his opening shot of one of the backing singers (for the lyrics below the backing singers vocals will be shown in parentheses).

The backing singer sings the opening lines writhing sensually...

(I wanna make you feel alright)
(Alright, oh, yeah)
(I want, I wanna make you feel alright)

The Aenglish director chooses a wide shot of the stage to really show the scale and majesty of this stage and the VadTK Arena.

Horace is nothing if not full of confidence as he begins,  He interacts with those in the front of the audience.  Pointing, smiling and nodding to them as he starts.  As the opening stanza goes on, Horace gets a little bop in his step, bobbing along to the beat of the music.

As he sings "get out of my head, get into my bed", the Aenglish director cuts to a close up of Horace just in time for the crushable Horace to ruffle his hair, smile and wink down the camera.

Hey! What can I say? What can I do?
When everything I do reminds me of you.
The toss of your hair, that devil may care
Look in your eyes, telling me that I'd better beware
Get out of my head, get into my bed,
And make me feel like tonight that we've never met
There's only one night, one answer that's right!
I'm waiting for you to find that spark that I'm hiding.

With the pre-chorus now upon us there's a smouldering look in Horace's eyes, a deep smize enticing the audience closer.  Horace reaches out the audience... longing.

Hey! a thousand dreams I have of you and me,
I wait for you!

With the chorus and the upbeat music, Horace and his backing dancers prepare the pop style dance routine.  There's lots of deep shoulder shrugs and synchronised turns.  Allowing plenty of time for the audience to appreciate Horace's ever so tight trousers.

Horace has a look of deep concentration on his face as he sings and dances his way through the chorus. 

The lines of spotlights around him, flash and twirl around him as he sings the chorus adding to the movement of the chorus and the upbeat nature of this part of the song. 

Come lay here, baby, next to me, baby, next to me,
I'll show you that you are my ecstacy
You know that you are my only fantasy
(I wanna make you feel alright) And when I close my eyes,
(Alright, oh, yeah) although you're not here, your face is all I see
And when I go to sleep
(alright, oh, yeah) you are the one that haunts me in my dreams

At the end of the chorus, and once the beat again settles for the verses, the backing dancers make their way in to centre stage to join Horace.   They do so midway through the stanza and and dutifully entwine themselves around Horace's legs and torso.

As he continues, the backing dancers run their hands over his body before pulling off his leatherette jacket and tossing it behind him.  Luckily, Horace has been working out before tonight's perofrmance so his guns loo extra tight and the white t-shirt makes hsi tan really pop.

Hey! Where do you go, when you're not here?
I search for your face, I know that you're near!
I spend all my nights hoping it's you that I'll find,
Why do you hide in the darkest corners of my mind?
Oh I'm just like a shadow, alone in the dark,
Looking for you, you know you're my only mark.
I can't stop the dawn, and I know you'll be gone,
I'll have to wait for another dream

Thankfully, for this performance, the Aenglish director is pulling out all of the camera angles and cuts to keep this performance interesting for the people watching at home.  

Just prior to the second pre-chorus beginning, the director told an in audience camera man to find someone with a Beepeean flag.  Fortunately for the televisual public, the camera man did find such a fan.

A slightly overweight, middle aged man stands in the middle of the crowd, clutching at an oversized Beepeean flag which has been wrapped around his shoulders.  The man  is almost chewing on the corners of the flag, as he watches, enthralled, at his schlager fantasy come true.

Back in Beepee, Sheila Vawijn, watching the show on BONC sees her husband gazing dreamily at Horace.  A deep rage fills her soul as he's supposed to be on a business trip in Doportedas.  She flings her remote at the TV and goes to pack his bags.

You're are the only light in my dark and
I'll wait for you

The two backing dancers peel themselves off, like velcro, from Horace, who is now clearly enjoying himself.

With the chorus, the same pre-rehearsed dance routine as before is performed.  This time side by side with the backing dancers centre stage. 

As the chorus comes to an end,  on stage fireworks fountains blaze into life  and the backing LED screen which has been suspiciously dark throughout the performance so far blazes white. If the audience was getting a little bored, that certainly woken them up.

And when I go to sleep

The reason for the fireworks and flooding the auditorium with light was simply to allow a further three male backing dancers to join Horace and the ladies on stage.

But it's had the added bonus of an 'oooh' factor, something what was needed in the performance so far. 

Horace and his (now) five backing prepare themselves for the final chorus

Although you're not here, your face is all I see (I want, I wanna make you feel alright)
(Alright, oh yeah) You are the one that haunts me in my dreams

With the song now coming to a close and one final chorus to go, Horace and his backing dancers give it their all.  The moves are strong, clean and crisp and the concentration which was so evident on.his face during the first chorus has gone and Horace looks relaxed and happy as he performs the moves. 

As the chorus comes to an end the backing dancers crowd around him for the final pose to camera and the six of them, breathing heavily smize their way to the end of the song.

And when I go to sleep

With the song now over, and then having done everything they could have, Horace and his team. Smile and wave to the crowd, thanking them for watching him perform.  The crowd cheers and applauds back. 

Horave thanks them again as he leaves the stage, as Dòrn Iarainn from Gaillimh Ciarra takes to the stage to perform.
Last edited by Beepee on Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:39 am, edited 13 times in total.

Gaillimh Ciarrai
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaillimh Ciarrai » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:35 am

33. Gaillimh Ciarrai

Artist: Dòrn Iarainn
Song: Ná eagla saoirse (Never fear freedom)
Tune: Hammerfall - Hearts on Fire

Video Package

The camera pans over the lush green medows of Gaillimh Ciarrai through the eye of a drone, it flies over a flock of sheep and cliffs until it has to climb a suddenly appearing hill. Up on the hill, with a modern town in the background you can see the Band of the coming act build up their music instruments, partly in time lapse. Instead of the bands music a soft ballad without lyrics is being played, but the band is not playing alone, slowly but surely people are coming in, dancing, drinking, having fun while the sun sets, still in time lapse. In the End, when it is almost too dark to see small lights start to flicker. The time lapse ends and from the crowd comes a loud yell towards the camera, overtunes the ballad: "Beannachtaí chuig Keterig" - Greetings to Keterig

Introduction
First timer in the World Vision Song Contest, Gaillimh Ciarrai sends the Band Dòrn Iarainn; Iron Fist in English which consists of the brothers Niamh and Teagan ó Broin as well Aaron ó Dubhghaill and Ciara ó Murchadha, which came from the same small village in the depth of the mountains. Their fame internationally is hindered by the difficult language of Gogaelic, but locally they are loved and famous for 20 years. The song, Ná eagla saoirse, was written as a heartfelt explanation how the average citizen of Gailimh Ciarrai sees their freedom, but still strife to join the international community.

Performance

Total Blackness rules over the stage until the lights of torches in front of the drums slowly show more of the band. Aaron ó Dubhghaill at the base as well as Ciara ó Murchadha on the drums are wearing military coats, stripped of all insignias, which is a popular choice of clothing for those in the 40s and a sign, that they fought in the war of independence. Both still muscular men, having short red hair shaved into a clip and concentrated on their instruments. Teagan ó Broin on the electric guitar is wearing Jeans and a leather jacket with shining metal chains all over the shoulders, his black hair in a ponytail over his back, his age must be around 35. Niamh ó Broin as the main vocalist is wearing a long leather coat with studs on it, his short red hair accented by a black sweatband. He might be a few years younger then his brother.

Suddenly, base and drums start to play the interlude, with every hit on the drums the light turns up and gets brighter. After the first two lines the e-guitar joins in, then the voice of the singer.

úsáidtear saoirse go bréagach
freedom is falsely used

acu siúd atá ag éileamh
of those claiming

úsáideann siad é ach dóibh
they use it only for them

saoirse chun sclábhaithe
freedom to slaves

nuair a thugann daoirse saibhreas
when servitude brings wealth

a dhéanann athruithe ar an namhaid
makes change into the enemy

But change must be or we can not survive

Fight upright and all those who use it to strive.

Close to the chorus the camera pans back, shows the whole band as well as a few Ciallimnians raising their fists in acknowledgement. The full band sings the chorus.

troid fuath troid bréaga
fighting hate, fighting lies

tá muid go léir ar cheann
we are all one

troid fuath troid bréaga

we are all one

troid fuath troid bréaga

we are all one

féach ach an fhírinne
just see the truth

Ná eagla saoirse
Don't fear freedom

Right after the chorus the camera focusses on the guitarist who is performing a small solo, smiling a grim smile into the camera just before the focus goes back to the the vocalist, which starts with the second verse.

bheith faoi bhrú ag tíortha eile
be under pressure from other countries

mar gheall ar chonarthaí atá imithe i bhfad
just because of contracts that are long gone

troid ar do shon féin
(you should) fight for yourself

tá gach duine comhionann
everyone is equal

cine inscne aois craiceann
race gender skin age

is daonna sinn go léir
we are all human

Who cannot see the rights of everyone

Who sees them different

caillfidh sé a saoirse
he will lose his freedom

Getting to the second chorus again the camera zooms out, but apparently it being a drone it hovers to the back of the band, showing only the back of their heads but instead the crowd, where a small but vocal group is joining into the chorus, singing the difficult Gogaelic words with the whole band.

troid fuath troid bréaga

we are all one

troid fuath troid bréaga

we are all one

troid fuath troid bréaga

we are all one

féach ach an fhírinne
just see the truth

Ná eagla saoirse
Don't fear freedom

After the chorus guitar and base dies, only the drums continue, but gets softer. Niamh ó Broin gets to the border of the stage, sitting down and looking into the general crowd. Softly he continues to sing.

Don´t fear Freedom

The crow gets silent as they did not expect english words there.

Don´t fear Freedom

With the second repetition some fans start to stomp.

Don´t fear Freedom

The crowd joins in, the drums get more aggressive.

Don´t fear Freedom

Don´t fear Freedom

Don´t fear Freedom

Finally the band is on the old tempo. The vocalist jumps back to the stage for one last chorus.

troid fuath troid bréaga

we are all one

troid fuath troid bréaga

we are all one

troid fuath troid bréaga

we are all one

féach ach an fhírinne
just see the truth

Ná eagla saoirse
Don't fear freedom

The moment the song ends the lights cut out just to get back in full force a few seconds later. The band is now standing in a line in front of the crowd, bowing down to them.
Last edited by Gaillimh Ciarrai on Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:12 pm

34 Missus X

Rick Leg - "I Will Survive"
Tune: Queen - "The Show Must Go On"

The headlines were incredible: "RICK LEG IN SERIOUS SONG SHOCK HORROR"...

As Missus X's long-time participant, Rick Leg is someone who is not only a convicted murderer and rapist - live on stage at previous WorldVisions, don't forget - but also an, ahem, interesting singer. It is worth mentioning that in his entire time entries have raged from the sublime (such as his 1-hour epic of a medley of 25 songs) to the ridiculous ("You Resung In The Wrong WorldVision Song Contest Because This Contest Has A 1,000 Degree Knife Gone Wrong Gone Sexual With Trump In The Hood With Fireman Sam NOT CLICKBAIT") to the stuff that couldn't be broadcast on TV, Rick Leg's WorldVision history is certainly interesting.

And now, with a genuinely good song and some interesting staging to boot, they are confident of their best ever result over at MSX Television.

The lighting is very warm, in gold, yellow, orangey colours, with a plethora of dry ice on the stage, and an attempt to look warm and cuddly. The song begins with an orchestral violin section, before four huge drum beats from a drummer.

My time has come, for this could be the end
And let me tell you, a path I fear to tread
Guess I know
'Cause nobody can know that I may live no more
So let me tell you, it might be time to go
But let me tell you something you won't know
Oh, I know,
I want to delay what could well be inevitable

The first chorus, and the lights all go up as the audience is intended to be moved to tears, whilst Rick belts out the tune at the top of his voice.

'Cause I will survive!
'Cause I will survive, yeah...
Inside I am decaying
There's nothing here can save me
But I know I'll survive

Rick goes on a walk around the stage and down onto the catwalk and bridge.

And though it's coming, I'll die another day
And listen to me, I say I ain't gonna play
This is now
And whatever happens I must be stronger now
Because it's my time (it's his time), the time of reckoning
Oh, restitution (-tution, -tution, -tution), but it's not right now
And when the sun is rising, my heart awakes and rises every day

There is a microphone stand on the bridge, which Rick shoves the microphone in and sings the chorus from there, now belting into a wind machine for good measure.

'Cause I will survive!
'Cause I will survive, yeah-eh...!
Ooh, inside I am decaying
There's nothing here can save me
But I know I'll survive

Cue epic guitar solo from an unnamed musician.

Yeah!
Woah, woah...

The lighting all changes colours for the bridge section into rainbow colours.

And at the end of the rainbow there's always hope
Despite all of the sins in my life, I know I have to cope
So I'm here to stay

The song now is more about Rick himself, so the camerawork focuses on him accordingly as opposed to the guitarist or backing orchestra. The only accompanying change is now a golden shower of sparks from the back of the stage.

('Cause I will survive!)
Yeah!
('Cause I will survive!)

And whether I lose or win
I'm never giving in
I will survive...!

More sparks and pyrotechnics with the guitarist, as the stage starts (deliberately) collapsing and (fake) lighting rigs fall onto the stage, as if the performance is too epic for the stage to cope, whilst still with a golden shower of sparks at the back.

Ooh, you know the drill
I love to kill
I know you have to know I will survive
(I will survive, I will sur...)

Everything stops for Rick to belt out his final note.

No! (I will survive)

And Rick collapses to the ground as the song fades out to black along with the backing singers' long and drawn-out finish.

(Survive, survive, survive, survive)

Aenglide
Envoy

Democratic Socialists

Postby Aenglide » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:47 am

Lere: And that was our last entry of the night, from Missus X!
Lere: Alright all you beautiful people, we have some special guests coming to this stage tonight to perform!
Kera: This first song was a song that you may remember from last edition!
Lere: That's right! Back over in Norfolk Pinewoods, where Worldvision 97 was hosted in Beepee, this song was a big moment for Aenglide.
Kera: This was when Aenglide placed second and as of now, has scored the highest for our country. It was truly great! Lere, you could have done that back in 95 but you didn't. You came 21st.
Lere: Oh my gosh, shut up Kera! You know I umm... ya know, when I uh.. Ugh! Don't embarrass me Kera.
Kera: Haha I'm kidding sweetie. You still slayed hard, queen. But, to take the stage now...
Kera & Lere: With their song "Benevolent Frequencies", please welcome our fellow Akjefuldineren band, The Mercantiles!

The Mercantiles
”Benevolent Frequencies”
Tune: stellar* - Violent | Aenglide WV97

This was the song that gave Aenglide it's first 2nd place entry in Worldvision, which is currently our most successful entry in Aenglide's participation. For this reason, we have decided to bring back the runners-up from Norfolk Pinewoods back onto stage here in Keterig. The audience cheers to welcome The Mercantiles onto the VADtk Arena stage. The song is performed very similarly to the performance in Norfolk Pinewoods.

The extravagance
Of the many things we have to say
The comfort of the shining day
Makes me sway in glee
And in the shade, oh I weave astray

Positivity
Is the thing that keeps us aboard
Mutuality is benevolent
‘Cause its the only thing to do
It’s a choice that a single man never knew

This common ground fills me up with
Benevolent frequencies, yeah
It’s all about the joy and the ride of benevolence, yeah

Oh, the liveliness
I see the faces around me smiling
Living up to the benevolence
I can’t live without its light
And that’s the way that life should be

It’s all about the joy and the ride of benevolence, oh

Caring
Unity
I want you beside me
The ideal eternity, woah, oh oh

It’s all about the joy and the ride of benevolence, oh

Evángeljna, the lead singer of the band, blows a kiss and shouts "KETERIG I LOVE YOU!" to the audience.

Lere: The Mercantiles, round of applause for them. Great job!
Kera: Yes, again, well done on their achievement. But, The Mercantiles were the runners-up!
Lere: Yeah, we know, why?
Kera: Well, what if I told you we were bringing another special guest from Worldvision 97 tonight?
Lere: Ooh, the winner perhaps?
Kera: Bingo. We have last edition’s winner here! From Polkopia, Biyan’ka and her song “What’s wrong?”! Please welcome Biyan’ka, everyone!

The audience cheers to welcome the winner of last edition, Biyan’ka, to come onto stage to sing her song for them. The performance is performed very similarly to her performance in Worldvision 97.

Biyan’ka
“What’s Wrong?”
Tune: Tove Lo - How Long? | Polkopia WV97

Tried to play the fool, that ain't me
Got you in my head, you know that.
It's midnight and I'm dreaming,
Just want you right beside me.

I'm liv-I'm living
One day at a time, without
Your touch on my neck, but I'm not
And she's so fucking pretty
How could you ever love me?

What’s wrong? What’s wrong?

W-What's wrong with trying to fantasize
your touch when I close my eyes,
The way you're holding me
when we're between the sheets.
W-What's wrong with wishing I was her
when you're behind closed doors.
What's wrong? What's wrong?

The words are in my head, I hear them.
But I can't touch them yet, never can.
It's midnight and I'm dreaming,
Just want you right beside me.

I'm liv-I'm living
One day at a time, without
Your touch on my neck, but I'm not
Wishing it was easy
Getting you to love me.

What’s wrong? What’s wrong?

What's wrong?
I need to know,

What's wrong with trying to fantasize

I should be more aware
I should know when to give up.
There's no way to repair
The empty hole burning in my chest
I never shed a tear,
But my heart still beats when you're near

What's wrong?
I need to know,

What's wrong with trying to fantasize

Kera: Thank you Biyan’ka, thank you so much, that was an amazing performance tonight.
Lere: I agree, that was wonderful. But now, it is time for the most exciting part of tonight. The voting!

Kera: That's right. We have the voting, and we would like to ask everyone watching in the audience, whether here on at home, to make up our televote! Just go to the Worldvision app and make sure to vote for your favourite entries! You can't vote for your own country, by the way.
Lere: So, while you do that, we will be seeing our votes from each of the national juries!

Kera: Our first jury of night is StrayaRoos Barrier Islands. Hello, Duomjy!
Last edited by Aenglide on Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
AENGLIDE

The Federation of Aenglide | Federatig Ænglide | Fiterääne Angeeli | Ajunnuna Anigilaak | ᐱᑦᑲᓅᓇ ᐊᖏᓛᑦ/Pitkanuuna Angilaat

A LAND OF FOUR CONLANGS. Aenglic/Ænglik Sprök, Hööra, Uqqurapiata, Kuqaarii/ᑯᖄᕇ !

WMCA Observer State | WorldVision Committee Member | IIWIKI Page | NS stats not canon

StrayaRoos Barrier Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2021
Corrupt Dictatorship

01/34-Duomji

Postby StrayaRoos Barrier Islands » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:21 pm

12:Placely Placington
10:Erie-Arcadia
8:Hööra
7:These American States
6:Plaingaier
5:StrayaRoos
4:Crustyland
3:Moorland
2:Aenglide
1:Elejamie
Last edited by StrayaRoos Barrier Islands on Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where the emus rule the world

Autonomous Hoora Peoples and Provinces
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 25, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Autonomous Hoora Peoples and Provinces » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:55 am

Hööra - Voting 2/32

Höj! Hej! Hello to you all! This is Hööra calling! Këëterigivnu, how are you doing? I am Elsena Oleviäniku, from last time, remember me? It is sad to see Hööra leave for a while but, I guess it is what it is. However, instead of me rambling on about things, I will get on to the points that we're giving.

01 Crustyland
02 Linnebourg
03 Norrp
04 Erie-Arcadia
05 Aenglide
06 Gaillimh Ciarrai
07 Plangainer
08 Mister X
10 Alezian Union
12 Beepee

Alright everyone! Tääkmoik! Good night!
Höj! This is the Hööra Autonomous Province inside Aenglide, which is an autonomous province that has their own language, people group, and customs!

Beepee
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Beepee » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:21 am

Beepee 3/32

Good Evening Keterig. This is BONC Norfolk Pinewoods Calling.

From the hosts of WorldVision 97, we think you've done a wonderful job tonight, as have all the contestants.

Bravo!

Now without further ado, here are the first points of the Beepeean Jury.

One point to Alezian Union
Two points to Tödlichebujoku
Three points to Plangainer
Four points to you, our wonderful hosts, Aenglide
Five points to Malta Comino Gozo
Six points to Polkopia
Seven points to Achaean Republic

And now for our top points

Beepee's eight points goes to Ertzei Kishim

Our ten points go to the wonderful Britonisea

And finally,

The 12 points, the douze points, from Beepee goes to.....
Antahbrantahstan

Congratulations!

Thank you, goodnight and good luck with the rest of the show!

Waisnor
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Waisnor » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:55 am

WAISNOR IS CALLING

"Hello, everybody! Ilya Kuzin is here again with another top 10 from Waisnorian jury) This edition, as usual, was full of great songs, so I hope the best one will win? But who's the best according to Waisnorian jury? Let's find out:"

1 point - ALEZIAN UNION
2 points - BEEPEE
3 points - PLANGAINER
4 points - ACHAEAN REPUBLIC
5 points - POLKOPIA
6 points - MALTA COMINO GOZO
7 points - ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN

8 points - SCOTATROVA

10 points - BRITONISEA

12 points - ERTZEI KISHIM
81 = 18th/34
82 = 22nd/31
83 = 27th/41
84 = 15th/27
85 = 20th/28
86 = 14th/32
87 = 14th/36
88 = 24th/32
89 = 16th/37
90 = 8th/35
91 = 9th/30
92 = 8th/29
93 = 4th/25
94 = 14th/28
95 = 15th/27
96 = 8th/34
97 = 6th/25
98 = 23rd/31
99 = 6th/38
100 = 12th/51
101 = 24th/32
102 = 10th/30
103 = 2nd/26
104 = 11th/26
105 = 6th/31
106 = 5th/25
107 = 21st/37
108 = 9th/32
109 = 11th/21
110 = 14th/27
111 = 5th/29
112 = 7th/25

51 = 10th/20
52 = 19th/24
53 = 11th in the semifinal/33

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:57 am

ETV1 presents WorldVision 98 - English language commentary by Cerin Erali and Flynn Taggart

Model and entertainer. Upbeat and fairly easy to please but sometimes he'll give criticism or comments on songs, regardless of whether or not he likes them. Expect positive comments from him, especially since my personal thoughts on the songs usually tend to lean closer to his opinions. Despite what the picture shows, he doesn't actually smoke. Calls Flynn "Fleen" because Y in the Iyilim alphabet is a consonant so it kept coming out as "Fluh-yeen", Flynn told him to pretend there's an I in it instead of a Y.

Ice hockey goaltender turned talk show host. Incredibly cynical and miserable to the point where he might seem a bit dickheadish. Almost always speaks in a flat monotone. Brought in not just as a foil to Cerin and his positive attitude but also because the two are friends off-camera. Will still give some positive comments on songs if they please him.

CE: Welcome to WorldVision 98! Bienvenido a WorldVision 98! Yalcom WorldVision 98! Live in Kettering!
FT: Close, Keterig.
CE: At least the country's not that hard for me to say. Anyway, I'm Cerin Erali.
FT: And I'm Flynn Taggart.
CE: And we are your English language commentators for this evening. For a Spanish commentary, Iyilim language commentary or to sing-along to each entry, please press the red button. Thank you. Para Español, Iyilim o karaoke, pulse botón rojo por favor. Gracias. Aspenol, Iyilim o cereoc - Ancelis o Aspenol, ne Iyilim - plaes toc rad boton. Fenci.
FT: Call, text, use the app. Do whatever you want to vote.
CE: We're at #10 so viewers back home can't vote for them. The same rule doesn't apply to any foreign viewers watching this stream by the way.
FT: Considering what we're sending this time around, I don't think many of them will vote for it.
CE: We'll see. Anyway let's get this WorldVision show on the road!

01 - StrayaRoos

FT: You know those ballad covers of songs you get around Christmastime or in commercials? This is like that but a more electronic dance music-esque one.
CE: I kind of hear it. I mean I still disagree but I can still hear it.
FT: It's not really a good song, though.
CE: I kind of like it but it's not really something I'd put in my playlist. At least the staging's alright.

02 - Norrp

CE: Ooh, I like the music here. Very dark to start with but it manages to become quite poppy later on. A good show
FT: Very irritating vocals, however.

03 - Moorland

FT: Well that was one of the worst fucking songs I've ever heard.
CE: At least the stagehand managed to help her off. That was nice of him.
FT: It doesn't make up for the rest of it.

(N.B. This isn't a stab at Moorland, as I get along OK with them, but rather a stab at Work which is a song I genuinely despise)

04 - Carrelie

FT: Four songs in and already I'm starting to wonder why I even bothered to show up here.
CE: It's not that bad?
FT: Her vocals are quite nice. The music's a bit of a mess, however.
CE: True but it's a mess that you can at least vibe with. That should count for something.

05 - Kalosia

CE: Is this any better Fleen?
FT: Yes and no. It's a song I'm not interested in but it's not bad, it's just me.
CE: Meanwhile I'm quite fond of this song. The Achaeans will go so mad for this song like you wouldn't believe. But, for me, it's not bad. It's just something to stick in the background and just enjoy.

06 - Scotatrova

CE: This is OK. Very dramatic, very atmospheric.
FT: And again, the vocals could be better. I don't know why, they just kind of feel a bit... artificial.
CE: I think at this point you're starting to reach for criticisms, Fleen.
FT: Maybe I am.

07 - Britonisea

CE: Is this any better?
FT: Somewhat. It feels like any other generic ballad but, I don't know, it feels somewhat dramatic. There's a real character to it even if it's not worth repeated listens.
CE: Great staging, too.
FT: That it is. Say what you want about the Britonish but they know how to put on a good show no matter what they send.

08 - Achaean Republic

FT: It took eight songs but there's finally something I genuinely like.
CE: I can kind of see why. It's very dramatic, it's well-sung. It's your sort of music.
CE: And I imagine a fair amount of Hispano-Elejamians enjoying this as well.

09 - Illdonya

FT: And from that to this.
CE: It's OK.
FT: It's OK?
CE: It's OK. I really don't know how to describe it, really. It sounds pleasant but it's not a song you'd seek out to listen to. It's something to have in a playlist of chill songs and be all "This is nice" when it comes on.

10 - Elejamie

CE: I really don't know who this would appeal to. The Talvezians aren't in this, Joija doesn't seem to be in it, maybe the "lulz so random" countries might vote for it and that'd be it.
FT: Hey, we're quitting the contest, why not just send out whatever soo when we do reach our planned end we go out with a bang.

11 - These American States

CE: I can't remember the last time these guys took part.
FT: And I'm too lazy to go back and check.
CE: But they certainly haven't missed a beat! It's nice, simple, country rock. And a good message too.
FT: It sounds like an intro the whole way through but I get your point.

12 - Todlichebujoku

CE: It's Todlichebujoku. They're sending another boppy banger with excellent staging, good lyrics and overall a tight atmosphere that'll help them. What else can I say, really?

13 - Linnebourg

FT: You'd expect me to like this because of how 1980s it sounds but, in reality, it's OK but could do with some more effort.
CE: Such as?
FT: Vocals that don't sound flat, for a start.

14 - Waisnor

CE: A nice bit of vaguely alt rocky poppy whatever it is from Waisnor. Sung well, as you'd expect. Nothing else I can say.

15 - Hööra

CE: It starts off fairly boring but then it turns into something quite alright. Nothing really worth talking about but still, I wouldn't mind this if it was on.
FT: Nor I.

16 - Alezian Union

CE: This is also OK. A nice, well-sung world-y ballad. Not much to write home about either.
FT: So it's pleasant but not worth committing to memory?
CE: Ish. If it's your sort of thing you might want to keep it down but, again, I don't think I'll be listening to it much after the contest's over.

17 - Adab

SADLY WITHDRAWN

18 - StrayaRoos Barrier Islands

CE: Fleen hated it but I thought it was pretty good. Not perfect but dumb, fun and enjoyable.

19 - Malta Comino Gozo

FT: Fiveive's back.
CE: Isn't it supposed to be 5ive?
FT: If they didn't want me to say their name wrong, they shouldn't have put the number at the start and the rest of the word afterwards.
CE: True, true. It's interesting to hear them sing in their native language.
FT: That it is.
CE: Song's quite good too. As is the staging. After all, they did win it and they want lightning to strike twice.

20 - Ertzei Kishim

CE: And after they missed the last one, we have Ertzei Kishim. I know Fleen won't like it.
FT: I don't, that's right.
CE: But I'm OK with it. It sounds like any other well-made clubby pop song. It's my bag.

21 - Placely Placington

CE: Let's er, let's- let's move on, shall we?
FT: I'm just fortunate enough to have my headset off through that whole ordeal.

22 - Antahbrantahstan

FT: Antahbrantahstan trying to score some easy points from Beepee, methinks.
CE: It'd probably score well from us. Sounds quite nice, very retro.

23 - Vlavia

TBA

24 - Erie-Arcadia

CE: This is OK? Very simple and rustic before it becomes more rocky over half-way through but, I don't know, there's something about it that doesn't sit with me.
FT: If it was cut in half I would probably enjoy it more.

25 - Pemecutan

FT: Cerin did say that enjoy this but unfortunately he's had to take a bathroom break so we can't hear his live reaction. And I'm sure you do not want to hear mine because, while I wasn't keen on it, some of you would be.

26 - Plangainer

CE: At least I made it back in time for this song!
FT: So you can tell the audience how you felt about a song I didn't personally like.
CE: He didn't but I'm kind of OK with it. Again, a nice bit of club-ready music. Not bad, certainly not as good as the Kishim entry, but on its own is pretty good.
FT: A bit underwhelming, though, in my opinion. You'd think they'd do something fairly special to begin with.
CE: I hard disagree but, even if I did agree, I'd count it as "testing the waters" before bringing out the big guns.

27 - Vartugia

FT: That was an earache and a half.

28 - Polkopia

CE: This reminds me of a song I listened to once when a nightclub I used to visit had a cybergoth night and I didn't notice until I went there. It was ten years ago so I can't remember the full details but I can remember that song sounded a wee, wee bit similar to this.
FT: Is that good or bad?
CE: Bad because, in all honesty, the music is boring and his voice sounds like he's being force-fed marbles and horse tranquilizers. I hate being mean to a song but this one's just a chore to listen to.
FT: I'd bring up how this would be disappointing from a reigning champion but, then again, there have been worse.

29 - Crustyland

FT: It's another terrible song but at least it's a different type of terrible.
CE: At least it gets a bit good later on.

30 - Aenglide

CE: Finally, something good. And it's the hosts going all-out too. Well done.

31 - Mister X

CE: Ooh, Mister X is making a return as well. I quite like this song, it reminds me of being an angsty teenager again.
FT: Were you an angsty teenager?
CE: No but I'd like to imagine that I was just so I can like songs like these.

32 - Beepee

CE: Ignoring that intro where it samples a classic for no reason and it adds nothing to the song, it's standard Beepeean modern schlager. It's quite nice, not as good as our previous schlagery offering, but as it stands I quite like it.

33 - Gaillimh Ciarrai

CE: A bit of old-school metal here. Seeing as we had a bit of a scene like that -
FT: It's why we sent ESLM to that RetroVision the one time.
CE: I don't see why this won't get a ton of points from us either.

34 - Missus X

CE: And, to close things off, we have Rick Leg. Representing Missus X as always.
FT: It's as if he's the only one there.
CE: Maybe. Anyway, this is a surprisingly good, dramatic number from them. It makes you wonder what the deal is. Either way, a great way to end the show.
Last edited by Elejamie on Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Alezian Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Alezian Votes

Postby Alezian Union » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:49 am

Hello, hello! Hello, Aenglide, This is Doorsbreeken calling! Here are the votes of the Alezian jury! We would like to remind everyone here that every song here is beautiful in their own ways, but only 10 gets our votes, and here are the votes!

12 - Ertzei Kishim
10 - Malta Comino Gozo
8 - Antahbrantahstan
7 - Pemecutan
6 - Beepee
5 - Todlichebujoku
4 - Achaean Republic
3 - Waisnor
2 - Kalosia
1 - Britonisea

That concludes the results of the Alezian jury, thank you, and see you next edition!
OOC: Sorry, I didn't send my votes in the usual Lez flair, I have more things I need to take care of, so I take care of this first
THE ALEZIAN UNION

Member of the WMCAverse
Waisnor / Malta Comino Gozo / Carrelie / ALEZIAN UNION

Read The Alezian Union: The Comic HERE!

Winner of Worldvision 94,103, and 107
Runner-up of Worldvision 83 (through NA), 104, and 105, WHF 55, and JWHF 9

Illdonya
Envoy

Founded: Jan 11, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby Illdonya » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:31 pm

Hello this is Feker Libi calling! I'm Maya Dawn and I'm here to present Illdonya's Jury Votes. Illdonya's Juries had a hard time deciding on what was the best song, but here are the votes:

12 points to Aenglide
10 points to Beepee
8 points to Pemecutan
7 points to Plangainer
6 points to Tödlichebujoku
5 points to Ertzei Kishim
4 points to Kalosia
3 points to Waisnor
2 points to Scotatrova
1 point to Carrelie
Last edited by Illdonya on Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worldvision 97, 20th place
Worldvision 98, 19th place
Worldvision 99, 32nd place
Worldvision 102, 5th place
Worldvision 103, 19th place
Worldvision 104, 8th place
Worldvision 105, 26th place
Worldvision 106, 12th place

Kuhling (Feker Libi) International Airport

Norrp
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 02, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Norrp » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:31 pm

Guten Tag! Good Evening Keterig!
This is Norrp here! Danke for the beautiful show you did for us here! Here are the points from Norrpean jury tonight
1 Todlichebujoku
2 Achaean Republic
3 Pemecutan
4 Gaillimh Ciarrai
5 Aenglide
6 Elejamie
7 Linnebourg

8 to Mister X
10 go to our friends, Beepee
12 points go to... The band we love! They are 5ive and Malta Comino Gozo!

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:26 pm

Unia:Good Evening Keterig,thank you for a Magnificent Evening,now for the Most important result of the night,who gets StrayaRoos' magical Douze Points or as you say here tvoǽd pöeken,they go to...
Our Hosts for this evening,AENGLIDE!

12:Aenglide
10:Polkopia
8:Carrelie
7:Malta Comino Gozo
6:Beepee
5:Elejamie
4:Illdonya
3:StrayaRoos Barrier Islands
2:Mister X
1:Erie-Arcadia
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
Fly Air STR, the Spirit of StrayaRoos
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

Aenglide
Envoy

Democratic Socialists

Postby Aenglide » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:52 pm

Kera: Thank you Unia, from StrayaRoos!
Lere: Now, we will take a look at our top five. This will also appear when we are three quarters through the jury voting!

J,1/4 = Jury Voting, 1/4 of Votes

Kera: Currently, we have Antahbrantahstan at fifth place, Ertzei Kishim at fourth place, Malta Comino Gozo taking top three, Aenglide at second place, and currently at the top of the leaderboard is Beepee.
Lere: However, this could change significantly, so we will now go to our jury from Vartugia.
Last edited by Aenglide on Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AENGLIDE

Vartugia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vartugia » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:21 pm

Vartugia

Dear God not him

Some music starts to play with the main spokesperson jumping into the frame.

Spokesperson: Hello. I am the spokesperson and I present our votes, hopefully without cheating.

12 - Beepee
10 - Planganier
8 - Moorland

7- Aenglide
6 – These American States
5 - Crustyland
4 – StrayaRoos Barrier Island
3 – Mister X
2 – Malta Comino Gozo
1 – StrayaRoos
Puppet of Darkmania

You are reading this signature, didn't you? If so, then have a nice day, and may whatever you believe in bless you.

Linnebourg
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 12, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Linnebourg » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:40 am

Hallo! This is Linnebourg with our points

1 point goes to Scotatrova
2 points go to Strayaroos
3 points go to Gailimh Cairrai
4 points go to Elejamie
5 points go to Mister X
6 points go to Norrp
7 points go to Todichebujoku
8 points go to Aenglide
10 points go to Beepee
12 points go to Kalosia

Thank you and have a nice night, and thank you for a great show Keterig

These American States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby These American States » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:04 am

11/32

Bobby Prince was the biggest Black-Action-Star on the planet....

At least until last week, when during the FAUX film awards,
fellow comic actor Peter Pinscher had made the statement
"How 'bout that Bobby Prince's wife; she sure do be lookin' like Grimace, from McDonalds..."

That's when things got heated. Prince is quoted as saying
"MAYBE I NEED TO GIVE YOU A SMACK TO HELP KEEP MY WIFES GOOD NAME OUT YA BLOOOOOOOOODY MOUTH!!!! "
before violently throwing Pinscher across a table, ruining the platter of food that had been prepared for the occasion, and frightening onlookers.

The destruction of the buffet was particularly offensive to the FAUX Award Committee President, who hadn't eaten yet and wasn't quite himself when he was hangry. That's why he decried that the committee would strip all of Prince's FAUX awards and put them back into The Sydney Vault. The President of the FAUX awards said this: "It's unfortunate. It was just a fat joke, and Prince should not have been so upset by it."

Of course the veteran actor would have been devastated.
However, at that moment he received and urgent phone call... From the President...

Bobby Prince, The Biggest Black Action Star on the Planet

"Hello Everybody in the World, this is Bobby Prince, calling in from HOLLYWOOD, T.A.S.
I promise, 'm not gonna smack anybody today... "

Prince laughed awkwardly. No one else did.

"So the points are as follows... assuming they dont take 'em away again...

Malta Comino Gozo - 12 Points, and well deserved cause you blew my socks off
Aenglide - 10 Points to the Hosts with Most, they showed us all a good time and still came through with a knock out...
Gaillimh Ciarrai -8 points for rocking my world
Carrelie 7. points for burning down the house with your visual excellence
Todlichebujoku.....uh....Toad...lick...uh.........I'm just messin'. I can actually pronounce it, fun fact: yes i did go to school and graduated...but anyways, so you get 6 Points for the indelible red mark you've left on my chest....or... you made a mark....ya know...
MSX 5 Points for Rick Leg, you survived, we all survived this thing together. I Personally thought that was the best ending to a WorldVision Contest that i've seen in a while...
HOORA 4 Points. I Like that old school vibe. very cool.
Scotatrava - 3 Points and ya'll definitely got robbed here cause that song was fire, just sayin...
Vartugia - 2 Points...Vartugia...well, well.... a lot of people from my country will be upset because you didn't get many points from us....ha...ha... i'm not one of them....
Achaen Republic 1 point, and i definitely enjoyed the vibe here.

Aenglide, Thanks for putting this on.
Good Luck to everybody tonight.

Custom TAS Scoring Decal
created for WorldVision 98 by order of President JOE KING.

Malta Comino Gozo - 12
Aenglide - 10
Gaillimh Ciarrai -8
Carrelie 7.
Todlichebujoku 6
MSX 5
HOORA 4
Scotatrava - 3
Vartugia - 2
Achaen Republic 1

The Following Interview took place moments after the Scoreboard above was displayed

Faux News: ;

Derk Jenkins: Welcome back to Derk Jenkin's: News Right Now!
I'm Derk Jenkins
for Faux News, where it's all faked-- *Caughs* FACT BASED....
libel--*Caugh*....excuse me..... RELIABLE News Coverage.
*The Camera changes Angles*
Derk Jenkins: During our coverage of the WorldVision Song Contest in Keterig, Aenglide
we thought it would be best to get some opinions from the people at home.
I'm told we have a correspondent ready to go live in South Florida. Go Ahead....

Florida Man: Hello.

Hello? huh...

Derk Jenkins: Yes Hello there, welcome to the program, You're on Derk Jenkin's: News Right Now!
I'm Derk Jenkins.

Florida Man: Oh Mah Gawd, Dark Jeenkins, is that You? I Love Your Show, Man!

DJ: Thanks. That's great. So have you been watching the WorldVision Song Contest?

Florida Man: Yes Sir, i have been watching it, but all i can say really is i seen the results
of OUR vote and i'm not very happy with it.
Reporter: Why?
Well cause i think its rigged to be honest i think the whole thing is a sham.
Reporter: Why you think that?
Well like, how does Moldy Camino Gozer even get a win from These American States? No Way...
i voted for Vartugia, and actually my whole family and everyone i know basically voted for Vartugia.
DJ: Well....so how is that even possible? if all these people are voting for Vartugia, and they're barely gettin any points from us
Florida Man: Joe King, that's how....
DJ: So basically Joe King stole Trummmp's Job,
raised all the prices
and now he stole your WorldVision Votes too? UN-BE-LIEVE-ABLE"

FakeFriends user "Not Don't" is posting again. What could all this mean? We'll break it down for you, when we come back....

ImageVartugia
Last edited by These American States on Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
President: Joe King | Vice Pres: California Jones

WorldVision 67 70 83 89 98 99 107 108 109

These American States is Puppet of Syrche

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates