NATION

PASSWORD

Transfer foundership to another nation?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
User avatar
The Glade of Dreams
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Transfer foundership to another nation?

Postby The Glade of Dreams » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:28 pm

Hi. I used Gadg8eer (a "leader-nation" meant to prevent impersonation by trolls) to found Oneiric Ocean and then realised I should have founded it with this nation because the leader-nation belongs in a different region.

Is there any way to transfer foundership or assign WA Delegate to The Glade of Dreams?

User avatar
Trivalve
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 177
Founded: Jun 17, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Trivalve » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:50 pm

The Glade of Dreams wrote:Hi. I used Gadg8eer (a "leader-nation" meant to prevent impersonation by trolls) to found Oneiric Ocean and then realised I should have founded it with this nation because the leader-nation belongs in a different region.

Is there any way to transfer foundership or assign WA Delegate to The Glade of Dreams?

I don't think you can transfer foundership but if a nation has at least 2 endorsements (and is not being beaten by another nation or tying with), they should become WA delegate when the next daily update rolls out.
Current Local Councillor of the South Pacific, Creator and Head of the Regional Development program, former Deputy Councillor of the South Pacific, former Leader of the South Pacific Union.

User avatar
Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20889
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:12 pm

The only thing that you can do is wait until just before the update, move the founder out so that the region -- being empty -- ceases to exist at the update, and then use the "correct" nation to found it again... and hope that nobody else either moves in too close to the update for you to eject them again (which the Founder can do even while outside the region) or is quicker than you to found a region of that name after the update.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

User avatar
The Glade of Dreams
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Glade of Dreams » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:36 pm

Bears Armed wrote:The only thing that you can do is wait until just before the update, move the founder out so that the region -- being empty -- ceases to exist at the update, and then use the "correct" nation to found it again... and hope that nobody else either moves in too close to the update for you to eject them again (which the Founder can do even while outside the region) or is quicker than you to found a region of that name after the update.


Alright, thank you.

User avatar
Twertis
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 130
Founded: Apr 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Twertis » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:46 pm

The Glade of Dreams wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:The only thing that you can do is wait until just before the update, move the founder out so that the region -- being empty -- ceases to exist at the update, and then use the "correct" nation to found it again... and hope that nobody else either moves in too close to the update for you to eject them again (which the Founder can do even while outside the region) or is quicker than you to found a region of that name after the update.


Alright, thank you.

You just tipped off raiders to your intention to refound. They may choose to beat you to the refound in order to mess with you / be mean, and they'll have a better shot at getting it than you. You may wish to wait until a random update to do it. :)
Last edited by Twertis on Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Trivalve
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 177
Founded: Jun 17, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Trivalve » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:48 pm

Twertis wrote:
The Glade of Dreams wrote:
Alright, thank you.

You just tipped off raiders to your intention to refound. They may choose to beat you to the refound in order to mess with you / be mean, and they'll have a better shot at getting it than you. You may wish to wait until a random update to do it. :)

He can just temporarily put a password in his region
Last edited by Trivalve on Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Local Councillor of the South Pacific, Creator and Head of the Regional Development program, former Deputy Councillor of the South Pacific, former Leader of the South Pacific Union.

User avatar
Twertis
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 130
Founded: Apr 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Twertis » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:49 pm

Trivalve wrote:
Twertis wrote:You just tipped off raiders to your intention to refound. They may choose to beat you to the refound in order to mess with you / be mean, and they'll have a better shot at getting it than you. You may wish to wait until a random update to do it. :)

He can just temporarily put a password in his region

How would that stop someone from sniping a refound at update?

User avatar
Trivalve
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 177
Founded: Jun 17, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Trivalve » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:50 pm

Twertis wrote:
Trivalve wrote:He can just temporarily put a password in his region

How would that stop someone from sniping a refound at update?

They wouldn't be able enter the region if it's password protected
Current Local Councillor of the South Pacific, Creator and Head of the Regional Development program, former Deputy Councillor of the South Pacific, former Leader of the South Pacific Union.

User avatar
Twertis
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 130
Founded: Apr 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Twertis » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:55 pm

Trivalve wrote:
Twertis wrote:How would that stop someone from sniping a refound at update?

They wouldn't be able enter the region if it's password protected

Correct me if I'm wrong but, an empty region, when it updates, is eliminated from existence. So to refound you have to password the region, clear it of all nations, and wait until the precise moment after it updates to create a region of the same name. Someone could easily beat you to creating that region first.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22116
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:59 pm

Trivalve wrote:
Twertis wrote:How would that stop someone from sniping a refound at update?

They wouldn't be able enter the region if it's password protected

Doesn't matter if it ceases to exist. Anyone can refound under an unoccupied region name.

EDIT: Unless you can actually have a 0-nation region. That's just weird.
Last edited by Wallenburg on Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want to improve.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Kiu Ghesik wrote:harris' interpretation of bidenism and subsequent establishment of a bidenist vanguard party to root out malarkey and revisionist elements in society was revisionist in and of itself and should never have been implemented.

King of Snark, Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Arbiter for The East Pacific

User avatar
Trivalve
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 177
Founded: Jun 17, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Trivalve » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:00 pm

Twertis wrote:
Trivalve wrote:They wouldn't be able enter the region if it's password protected

Correct me if I'm wrong but, an empty region, when it updates, is eliminated from existence. So to refound you have to password the region, clear it of all nations, and wait until the precise moment after it updates to create a region of the same name. Someone could easily beat you to creating that region first.

Well yes but raiders would rather take the old one so you can't make the new one rather then making the new one before you. I wouldn't call making the region first raiding rather then just first in best dressed. Taking the old region before a new one can be made is what I would consider raiding.
Current Local Councillor of the South Pacific, Creator and Head of the Regional Development program, former Deputy Councillor of the South Pacific, former Leader of the South Pacific Union.

User avatar
Trivalve
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 177
Founded: Jun 17, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Trivalve » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:01 pm

Anyway lets stop this discussion, we are off topic here and we don't want to threadjack
Last edited by Trivalve on Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Local Councillor of the South Pacific, Creator and Head of the Regional Development program, former Deputy Councillor of the South Pacific, former Leader of the South Pacific Union.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads

cron