NATION

PASSWORD

The Brotherhood of Malice: The Embassy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:13 pm

As a side note here as it seems relevant, was it Malice that just tried to recruit Leo?
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

The devi wears prada
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 08, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The devi wears prada » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:26 pm

Wayneactia wrote:As a side note here as it seems relevant, was it Malice that just tried to recruit Leo?

Your first mistake was taking anything Leo says at face value :blush:
raider? i hardly know 'er!

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:03 pm

No, and can we please stop focusing on these random nobodies in our embassy?
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:24 pm

Reventus Koth wrote:No, and can we please stop focusing on these random nobodies in our embassy?

Sorry Koth, you are right.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Free Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Algerstonia » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:25 pm

Malicious Souls wrote:The only Russian in Malice is "Rushin' to make more Minion memes about TNP."

amazing. you should really stop stalin around with that, you're putin it off too much.
Wayneactia wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:No, and can we please stop focusing on these random nobodies in our embassy?

Sorry Koth, you are right.

is he? how is koth right about a question?
Z

The Universe World
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Universe World » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:29 pm

I once compared raiders to Nazis in my younger days *shudders*. But I was nine when I did that, so. I do not recommend making those types of comparisons; they are idiotic and take importance away from actual horrible things.
WayNeacTia wrote:Why admit to to something, when you can just deny it and release a word salad composed solely of bullshit?

God bless you all, may the Lord be with you all, and let the Lord be with you all.

The Democratic Republic of Avalon
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 15, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Republic of Avalon » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:13 am

The Universe World wrote:I once compared raiders to Nazis in my younger days *shudders*. But I was nine when I did that, so. I do not recommend making those types of comparisons; they are idiotic and take importance away from actual horrible things.

Honestly, I really respect these people. They ave found a way to play with the game's mechanics, creating a very fun way of "invading" inactive and careless regions. I say, if you're going to make a region, you have to be dedicated to it. Nationstates is more than just a game. These raideres are dedicated to cleaning out the regions that aren't. Sure, they've made some pretty risky operations on places like Stargate and The Mystical Council, but they can rebuild. Raiders get a really bad rep, and we need to spread the message that they are actually pretty cool people just wanting to have fun using the game's mechanics. I would be a raider if I wasn't handling three main accounts, the founding and development of two regions, and two RPs. But no, I'll just make a defender army instead.

The Democratic Republic of Avalon
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 15, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Republic of Avalon » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:16 am

I also enjoy watching you people's "redecoration"

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:34 pm

Statement on Invasion of Islands of Paradise

Earlier this morning, the North Pacific, seemingly not learning from the mistakes of other defender organisations, invaded the region of Islands of Paradise , a long standing tag of the Brotherhood of Malice. As should be evident already, this is an action which will always carry consequences. This senseless action by the North Pacific has been motivated by the denial of a forum embassy, blinding them to the consequences of attacking the Brotherhood of Malice or its allies

Not content with a half-hearted attempt to intimidate our region and our allies into establishing relations with them, the North Pacific has sought to provoke the Brotherhood of Malice by the nature of this operation. Their operation included childish activities, designed to heighten tension and draw further attention to their operation. Nobody has since been restored to the Delegacy, and I thank the members of BoM who took part in this operation. I also thank the regions - both allied and not - who have reached out to offer support the Brotherhood of Malice and Islands of Paradise in the face of this unwarranted aggression.

In response, I have invoked our newly passed foreign policy law to prohibit diplomatic relations with The North Pacific. This, pending a vote of the Regional Assembly, prevents any establishment of embassies or official collaboration of any kind between The Brotherhood of Malice and the target region. Importantly, this action will bind all future governments of The Brotherhood of Malice to hold to this, unless they seek the revocation of this status from the Regional Assembly. The North Pacific has also been added to our retaliatory recruitment list as per our standard operating procedures.
I am also exempting The North Pacific from the prohibitions put upon the Brotherhood of Malice assassins from damaging and destroying regions under Section 7.6 of the Legal Code. This exemption will be extended to all North Pacific trophies, refoundings by North Pacific leadership under other banners and a number of North Pacific embassy regions. The region of Osiris, with whom BoM has a non-aggression pact and who have not participated nor supported this hostile act, will not be part of this list.

The North Pacific have, with their actions, clearly indicated that they are not only an enemy of the Brotherhood of Malice, but also of any region that values the freedom and sovereignty to decide who to maintain relations with without intimidation or attack. We will oppose them, and we will outlast them, and when their leading players slink off back to retirement, we will finish them.

The Sapientia
Assassin of the Brotherhood of Malice
Last edited by The Sapientia on Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

The Universe World
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Universe World » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:01 pm

The girls are fighting!
WayNeacTia wrote:Why admit to to something, when you can just deny it and release a word salad composed solely of bullshit?

God bless you all, may the Lord be with you all, and let the Lord be with you all.

The Galactic Federation of Avalon
Attaché

Founded: Mar 08, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Federation of Avalon » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:58 am

The Sapientia wrote:

Earlier this morning, the North Pacific, seemingly not learning from the mistakes of other defender organisations, invaded the region of Islands of Paradise , a long standing tag of the Brotherhood of Malice. As should be evident already, this is an action which will always carry consequences. This senseless action by the North Pacific has been motivated by the denial of a forum embassy, blinding them to the consequences of attacking the Brotherhood of Malice or its allies

Not content with a half-hearted attempt to intimidate our region and our allies into establishing relations with them, the North Pacific has sought to provoke the Brotherhood of Malice by the nature of this operation. Their operation included childish activities, designed to heighten tension and draw further attention to their operation. Nobody has since been restored to the Delegacy, and I thank the members of BoM who took part in this operation. I also thank the regions - both allied and not - who have reached out to offer support the Brotherhood of Malice and Islands of Paradise in the face of this unwarranted aggression.

In response, I have invoked our newly passed foreign policy law to prohibit diplomatic relations with The North Pacific. This, pending a vote of the Regional Assembly, prevents any establishment of embassies or official collaboration of any kind between The Brotherhood of Malice and the target region. Importantly, this action will bind all future governments of The Brotherhood of Malice to hold to this, unless they seek the revocation of this status from the Regional Assembly. The North Pacific has also been added to our retaliatory recruitment list as per our standard operating procedures.
I am also exempting The North Pacific from the prohibitions put upon the Brotherhood of Malice assassins from damaging and destroying regions under Section 7.6 of the Legal Code. This exemption will be extended to all North Pacific trophies, refoundings by North Pacific leadership under other banners and a number of North Pacific embassy regions. The region of Osiris, with whom BoM has a non-aggression pact and who have not participated nor supported this hostile act, will not be part of this list.

The North Pacific have, with their actions, clearly indicated that they are not only an enemy of the Brotherhood of Malice, but also of any region that values the freedom and sovereignty to decide who to maintain relations with without intimidation or attack. We will oppose them, and we will outlast them, and when their leading players slink off back to retirement, we will finish them.

The Sapientia

Raid TNP :rofl:
Proud founder and Executive Minister of The Galactic Union of Nations!

Amateur Defender, Leader of the Galactic Union if Nations Defense Forces. Identifies as independent in the political scheme of things.

Please consider joining my region. We're not even a month old and we have a organised regional government and President, as well as a constitution!

Team Leo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 02, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Team Leo » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:31 am

The Sapientia wrote:

The Sapientia

Dude, you're gunna get jumped my guy. No offense but TNP is more powerful than you and has allies that are more powerful than you. You're just gunna start some big world war in NS (NS World War 1). You guys are scaring us and the future of NationStates. Like now TNP is gunna really get angered at you. Also what does Islands of Paradise have to do with TNP?
Last edited by Team Leo on Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Catalyse
Attaché

Founded: Jul 25, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Catalyse » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:09 am

Team Leo wrote:Dude, you're gunna get jumped my guy. No offense but TNP is more powerful than you and has allies that are more powerful than you. You're just gunna start some big world war in NS (NS World War 1). You guys are scaring us and the future of NationStates. Like now TNP is gunna really get angered at you. Also what does Islands of Paradise have to do with TNP?

I believe this is what they call satire.
Jumbled up letters.
Former WA Delegate of TRR.
Former some other things.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:03 am

Sinking Ship Settled

Since March 10th in response to Europeia's retags and closure of embassies of a few Malicious targets, although not our natural environment, us Assassins took to the seas in order to pirate some ERN booty as they had done to us. A bounty was placed by the Night Father himself to bring back as many trophies as possible, standard ways to earn points was pointing on an ERN tag was worth two points, while triggering for it would be worth one point. Special targets and points were also called out and awarded which eventually resulted in this leaderboard;

The devi wears prada: 107
Thorn1000: 66
Vict0ria: 52
Gladio iii: 32
Bloody Good Riot: 26
Socttiesland: 10
Malicious Souls: 2
The Sapientia: 2

A great turn out all around and our top three privateers of the sea are going to be awarded the playing card for this operation for their outstanding haul of booty they brought back. Assassins devi, Thorn, and Victoria are hereby awarded the Operations Sinking Ship card to add to their collection.

Thank you to everyone who made this a smashing success and enjoyed their time along the way, I'm exceptionally proud of you all and look forward to our next fun competition.

Taskmaster Thorn Reporting for Duty

The Night Father looked over at his most recent reports and scratched at his stubble. The light of his oil lamp flickered across the papers but he saw the trend in spite of the spotty lighting. He looked up and with the gait of a much older man than he thought himself to be, maneuvered towards the office of his brother. Associates, assassins, and servants moved out of his way, as he wordlessly stumped down until he stood outside of the vampire's abode. Venico thought of knocking for a moment before scoffing and just opening the door. Inside, Valtarre lounged in his chair sipping on...well it looked like wine anyways.

"Heads up, Brother, that Thorn fellow has been organizing group and really hustling for us, what do you th-" He was cut off by Valtarre's flick of his wrist and velvety voice interjecting.

"I'm in agreement, make him Taskmaster and let him run wild. He's already done us much good."

Venico nodded and smiled wryly. "Sometimes I think we've spent too many years together. But glad we're in agreement. I'll get something written up." With the same gait, the Night Father stumped back to his office and began drawing up a letter.

In recognition of your ability to organize and lead bands of assassins out into the field, we are assigning you the rank of Taskmaster. It is expected that with this title that you will continue to be the leading force you have been and will wield this power accordingly in order to spread Malice and the will of the Overseer, praise be. If you ever find yourself in need of direction, consult the Shadowmasters, but that has not been a problem you've run into yet.

I have the utmost confidence in you and look forward to reading your future reports. Take the field with force, Taskmaster Thorn.

With my highest esteem,
The Night Father
Last edited by Venico on Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Aurum Raider
Envoy

Founded: Sep 18, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aurum Raider » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:38 am

Congrats, Thorn! :clap:
Vleerian Vytherov-Denral
Cognitohazard

The North Polish Union wrote:Additionally, virtually all founderless regions are viewed as falling under the defenders' allegedly protective purview. This is a form of colonialism that the great imperialist regions of NS history could only dream of.

The devi wears prada
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 08, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The devi wears prada » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:43 am

I hear that Thorn guy always ends up moving into the wrong region. It's confusing as heck, but if it draws people away,,, :blush:

Congrats on the promotion~!
raider? i hardly know 'er!

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Anarchy

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:45 am

It's good to see the young people learning to hate Europeia too. :hug:

The Angel of DEAT
Civilian

Founded: Feb 23, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Angel of DEAT » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:48 am

Good on ya, Thorn! ヾ(≧▽≦*)o

Dawn Denac
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Dawn Denac » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:01 am

Congratulations Thorn, and well done all on Sinking Ship.
Senior Assassin Hunter Killer

a

Gladio II
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gladio II » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:07 am

Congrats Thorn, keep it up! :clap:

Thorn1000
Envoy

Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Corporate Police State

Postby Thorn1000 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:12 am

Thank you so much everyone! And thank you to Koth and Venico and whomever was involved in that decision making process. Never expected to come out of retirement swinging and leading tags and being active. I expected to be a sleepy little tagger who waited for others in all honesty, but this has been fun. I’m looking forward to sowing more chaos on the battlefield and meeting the defenders in battle!
walrus wrote:Life is a zero-sum game. The lower I make the happiness of children, the higher my happiness rises

All opinions that I express are solely mine. I do not speak for anyone but me yadayadayada
One of 5 people to have hit more than 200 regions in 1 update

El Tejon
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 13, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby El Tejon » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:36 am

Way to go Thorn!

Fugasity
Political Columnist

Founded: May 30, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Fugasity » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:53 pm

Aurum Raider
Envoy

Founded: Sep 18, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aurum Raider » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:57 pm

Vleerian Vytherov-Denral
Cognitohazard

The North Polish Union wrote:Additionally, virtually all founderless regions are viewed as falling under the defenders' allegedly protective purview. This is a form of colonialism that the great imperialist regions of NS history could only dream of.

Chef Big Dog
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 17, 2017
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Chef Big Dog » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:00 pm

Congrats Thorn
Lone Wolves United - Hearts and Minds
Proud Griefer

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay