NATION

PASSWORD

Hot Takes Discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Roma Occidentalis
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Roma Occidentalis » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:09 am

The Roman Empire should be reinstated and the only part that shouldn't return is slavery.
Male feminist sounds a lot to me like Jewish Nazi or black Klansman. Who would join any group that hates them?

Keemstar
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 18, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Keemstar » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:16 am

Roma Occidentalis wrote:The Roman Empire should be reinstated and the only part that shouldn't return is slavery.

It would fall apart because of cultural differences and lingual differences as well infighting.
As the Greeks taught us it always begins with a woman.
-Mister Metokur
Ezekiel 25:17
And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:17 am

Keemstar wrote:
Roma Occidentalis wrote:The Roman Empire should be reinstated and the only part that shouldn't return is slavery.

It would fall apart because of cultural differences and lingual differences as well infighting.

Not to mention it being hard to govern
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Roma Occidentalis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Roma Occidentalis » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:17 am

Keemstar wrote:

Maybe, but if I had the chance to be Emperor, it would be fun to rule it for a while. Proscriptions would be necessary, of course.
Last edited by Roma Occidentalis on Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Male feminist sounds a lot to me like Jewish Nazi or black Klansman. Who would join any group that hates them?

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:19 am

Roma Occidentalis wrote:
Keemstar wrote:It would fall apart because of cultural differences and lingual differences as well infighting.

Maybe, but if I had the chance to be Emperor, it would be fun to rule it for a while. Proscriptions would be necessary, of course.

Beware some 40 senators, i hear
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Roma Occidentalis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Roma Occidentalis » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:26 am

Free Ravensburg wrote:
Roma Occidentalis wrote:

Beware some 40 senators, i hear

Mostly being facetious, but this is a "hot takes" thread. And in my fantasies, I'm reclining on a couch, drinking wine, eating grapes, bread, and cheese, and issuing edicts to reinstate the grain dole. And bringing back the public baths.

Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:35 am

Roma Occidentalis wrote:
Free Ravensburg wrote:Beware some 40 senators, i hear

Mostly being facetious, but this is a "hot takes" thread. And in my fantasies, I'm reclining on a couch, drinking wine, eating grapes, bread, and cheese, and issuing edicts to reinstate the grain dole. And bringing back the public baths.

So was Caesar... and then the 40 senators!
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

The dragonian knigths
Secretary

Founded: Mar 14, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The dragonian knigths » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:48 am

Keemstar wrote:

You have all that in US and it's still going so don't doubt that the ones that started it all can't last longer epecially the ones that had the longest lasting empire, after all US would be non existing if it were not for europeans

Keemstar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Keemstar » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:05 am

The dragonian knigths wrote:
Keemstar wrote:It would fall apart because of cultural differences and lingual differences as well infighting.

You have all that in US and it's still going so don't doubt that the ones that started it all can't last longer epecially the ones that had the longest lasting empire, after all US would be non existing if it were not for europeans

Having 20 different languages with millions speaking it would cause problems but not immediately it could be possible that the languages merge or they create one approved by the state.
-Mister Metokur
And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

Roma Occidentalis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Roma Occidentalis » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:06 am

I'm literally an IC Western Roman Empire, so it should hardly be shocking that I suggested it.

Roma Occidentalis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Roma Occidentalis » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:07 am

Keemstar wrote:
The dragonian knigths wrote:You have all that in US and it's still going so don't doubt that the ones that started it all can't last longer epecially the ones that had the longest lasting empire, after all US would be non existing if it were not for europeans

Having 20 different languages with millions speaking it would cause problems but not immediately it could be possible that the languages merge or they create one approved by the state.

Ideally, Latin would someday become standard.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:57 am

There should be laws preventing the mass lay-offs/firings of employees with zero notice. It should be that as soon as upper management has made the decision to get rid of employees en masse, they must immediately announce this to everyone, and should they fail to do so, they should be legally mandated to pay a year's wages to everyone they get rid of.

Also, in the event of a company going bankrupt and not having enough money to issue final paychecks, all severance pay for upper management must be liquidated so that employees get paid instead, and anyone in upper management shouldn't get a cent until every other employee has been paid in full.
Last edited by Page on Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:01 am

Page wrote:There should be laws preventing the mass lay-offs/firings of employees with zero notice. It should be that as soon as upper management has made the decision to get rid of employees en masse, they must immediately announce this to everyone, and should they fail to do so, they should be legally mandated to pay a year's wages to everyone they get rid of.

That would be a great idea, to be honest.

Another hot take that I have is that if you're going to be a sovereign citizen (as in this sense), at least create a fucking micronation and have some fun with that on the side. It's very lazy to claim sovereignty and not pretend to be like Molossia or Sealand.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:23 am

Luziyca wrote:
Page wrote:There should be laws preventing the mass lay-offs/firings of employees with zero notice. It should be that as soon as upper management has made the decision to get rid of employees en masse, they must immediately announce this to everyone, and should they fail to do so, they should be legally mandated to pay a year's wages to everyone they get rid of.

That would be a great idea, to be honest.

Another hot take that I have is that if you're going to be a sovereign citizen (as in this sense), at least create a fucking micronation and have some fun with that on the side. It's very lazy to claim sovereignty and not pretend to be like Molossia or Sealand.

I sorta kinda sympathize with the fundamental idea behind sovereign citizens but all of their conspiracy shit about corporate names and taxes being unconstitutional is nonsense.

I don't consider myself bound by the law but I don't need conspiracies and chicanery, I don't answer to the state because fuck them, that's why.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:35 am

Also, in the event of a company going bankrupt and not having enough money to issue final paychecks, all severance pay for upper management must be liquidated so that employees get paid instead, and anyone in upper management shouldn't get a cent until every other employee has been paid in full.

In the states this is the case. Management has to give the state 60 days notice on layoff, I dont remember the company size requirement. Its called a WARN notice.

The bankruptcy paying to snr management is to keep them from leaving prior to the company shutting down. The idea is those folks would leave and the company would not be unwound in an orderly way. I have seen it abused, but the theory itself is reasonable.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Roma Occidentalis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Roma Occidentalis » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:41 am

Until we get rid of our own oligarchs, speaking of Russian oligarchs is hypocritical. What sets Russia apart from us is the lunatic chekist that runs the State, not a corrupt political and business elite that dominates the social order and economy.
Last edited by Roma Occidentalis on Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:54 am

Then it wouldn't be the Roman Empire.

Adamede
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:56 am

Roma Occidentalis wrote:Until we get rid of our own oligarchs, speaking of Russian oligarchs is hypocritical. What sets Russia apart from us is the lunatic chekist that runs the State, not a corrupt political and business elite that dominates the social order and economy.

With your logic nothing would ever get done. It's like saying America shouldn't have fought the Nazis because we had racism at home.

Adamede
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:57 am

Hot take the Roman Empire deserved to fall

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:00 am

Adamede wrote:

Then it wouldn't be the Roman Empire.

It would me a more modern version of the Roman Empire assuming most other aspects of the culture and way of life are revived. I doubt it will happen or feasible, but still.
Last edited by The Reformed American Republic on Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Keemstar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Keemstar » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:56 pm

Hot take,

Mormons are ideal Christians big family, young, high birth rate, extremely loyal, traditional family, ready to spread their message at a young age,

Mainstream sects could learn a lot from the Mormons I'm not even Mormon
-Mister Metokur

Prima Scriptura
Senator

Founded: Nov 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Prima Scriptura » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:57 pm

Keemstar wrote:Hot take,

Mormons are ideal Christians big family, young, high birth rate, extremely loyal, traditional family, ready to spread their message at a young age,

They deny the Trinity and believe that Joseph Smith contributed more to humanity than Jesus Christ. They are not Christians.
30 year old American male living in Minneapolis, MN.
Other than that, I’m not sure what I am.

Keemstar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Keemstar » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:20 pm

Prima Scriptura wrote:
Keemstar wrote:Hot take,

They deny the Trinity and believe that Joseph Smith contributed more to humanity than Jesus Christ. They are not Christians.

if we apply that same redirect not the denial of the trinity or Joeseph did more than Jesus but they are exceptionally good at recruiting young people.
-Mister Metokur

Ayytaly
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ayytaly » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:44 pm

Neuer California wrote:
Ayytaly wrote:
Hotter take: Stop calling it soccer.

Fun fact, Canada Australia, and a few other countries call it soccer as well, and the word soccer came from a Brit

>Canada

They invented handegg so no surprise

>Australia

Football Federation Australia says oy!
Signatures are the obnoxious car bumper stickers of the internet. Also, Rojava did nothing right.

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:44 pm

Gameboy Advance SP < Gameboy Colour
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General