NATION

PASSWORD

News Thread [Kylaris|Canon|IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Union of Akoren
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Akoren » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:42 pm

State President Rahim Ali Haftar visits Rongzhuo and reaffirms “the great axis”
Rongzhuo-Sattarishahr Axis strengthened as investments, trade and security cooperation agreements made
POLITICS by Abdullah al-Mosawi
17 March 2022 | 19. Esfand 2344

State Chairman Yuan Xiannian shares a joke with State President Ali Haftar.
The State President made his first official visit to Rongzhuo, during which he held high level talks with State Chairman Yuan Xinnian and together, they reaffirmed the close relationship between the Union and Shangea. The talks included the signing of an agreement involving Shangean investment in Zorasan’s nuclear energy, enhanced security cooperation, and cultural exchange. The State President heralded the alliance between Zorasan and Shangea as the “great axis of the emerging world.”

State President Rahim Ali Haftar arrived in Rongzhuo this morning for his first official visit to the country as head of state. He has previously visited Shangea when he served as Director-General of the General Intelligence Service between 2011 and 2014, where he travelled with then State President Hassan Alizadeh. This visit is seen as a means for the State President to reaffirm ties following the removal of Vahid Isfandiar and Farzad Akbari from office last year due to corrupt practices.

Upon arrival in the Shangean capital, the State President was driven to the Xiajiyu Palace for high-level talks with State Chairman Yuan Xiannian. The State President provided reporters with a short statement before entering the official seat of government saying, “today I visit Shangea as the State President of the Union, but I also do so as an admirer and friend of Shangea. Every step I take in this great nation, just as my predecessors did is the reaffirmation of the bonds that bind our two great civilisations. Together, our governments maintain the thread that has run between Zorasan and Shangea for over two millennia and long may it continue.”

The two leaders and key aides held “warm, frank and honest discussions” according to a Foreign Ministry release. The two leaders “were keen to reaffirm the bonds between the two great powers of Coius, as well as expanding areas of cooperation to even greater heights.”

Among the issues discussed were bi-lateral trade, which saw a renewed commitment to guarantee annual increases of 2%. The talks brought about the signing of a €16.4 billion agreement that would see Shangea invest heavily into the development of Zorasani nuclear energy, including a new four-reactor plant at Faidah. This is honoured conversely by a commitment from Zorasan to increase supply capacity of crude and refined oil through the Kharkestar Corridor.

Other issues discussed according to the Foreign Ministry included continued bi-lateral cooperation in forwarding south-south cooperation, as well as continuing joint efforts in securing Coian peace. Further enhancements to security cooperation, including cross-border patrols and sharing intelligence of Chanwanese terror movements was also agreed. The Zorasani intervention in Yemet was also discussed, with Shangea’s position on a peaceful solution remaining the same.

Following the talks, the two leaders attended a joint press conference where they each gave a brief opening statement.

State President Rahim Ali Haftar said, “millennia ago, our two peoples found one another upon the slopes of the Shalego Mountains, they found one another upon the great steppe. They did not war upon one another, they greeted each other and trade with one another in the name of peace. Throughout our shared history, peace has been the foundation of our ties. From that peace has sprung forth a friendship, a bond and a fraternity that has proven unshakable. Our ties are as strong as the mountains upon which we met, and long will that continue.”

“We discussed many issues and areas in which our cooperation can expand. We have agreed a major investment by Shangea into our nuclear energy programme, which is greeted by a grateful nation. We discussed security issues, including those across our borders, terrorism and trafficking, and which we will together make ever strong efforts to curtail. We reaffirmed our joint commitment to maintaining peace and security across our great continent and once again, with great pride we reaffirmed our friendship and alliance to be the great axis of the emerging world, that will deliver change and prosperity for all humanity.”

State Chairman Yuan Xiannian who was boosted by a resounding electoral victory for his party recently said, “I welcome State President Ali Haftar to Rongzhuo and I am confident that our bi-lateral relations will continue to remain strong as they have been for decades. Shangean-Zorasani cooperation remains the cornerstone of peace and prosperity in Coius and we will continue to develop in new fields"

“We discussed many issues, and we continue to meet in agreement on these issues. Shangea remains committed to a peaceful solution in Yemet, though it is imperative that non-Coian interventionism does not arrive upon Yemeti shores, for that would jeopardise the path to a peaceful conclusion” he said further.

“Through our investment into Zorasani nuclear energy, coupled with ever growing trade volumes, our cooperation will guarantee the continued treasure that is mutual benefit and the win-win policies our governments have committed themselves to” he said.

The State President will remain in Rongzhuo overnight, taking up residence at the Ambassador’s House on the grounds of the Zorasani embassy. He will dine with the State Chairman, his wife and his daughter privately. At dinner, the State President will present the State Chairman with the official diplomatic gift, a relic sword from the Xiang dynasty discovered in a cave near Soltanabad.

Many will see the visit as a success and reminder of the strong fraternal bond between Zorasan and Shangea, two of the oldest civilisations in the world. It will no doubt also send a strong message to adversarial powers that the Rongzhuo-Sattarishahr Axis is only to strengthen day by day.

More stories
  • State President Rahim Ali Haftar to visit Rongzhuo
  • Zindarud Flotilla to receive first Mobarez-class corvette
  • Etruria hurtling toward neo-functionalist dictatorship?
  • First Minister inaugurates the revolutionary Al-Jabarah water treatment plant near Sadah
  • Car production across the Union up 4% from last year says Industry Ministry
Last edited by Union of Akoren on Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Navack
Envoy

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:20 am

Taji Abdalla - March 20th, 2022

Dundu Meshindi Resigns from Lead Administrator Position.
Mauchan Kuloland Lead Administrator, Dundu Meshindi, announced this Sunday, moments prior to the independence referendum for the Mauchan Kuloland, that he will be resigning from the position of Lead Administrator of the Mauchan territory.

L.A. Dundu Meshindi announces his resignation.

K.yadha - Dundu Meshindi announced in the morning of Sunday, March 20th, through a press release, that he will be resigning from the position of Lead Administrator of the Mauchan Kuloland.

Meshindi's resignation from the position of Lead Administrator of Mauchan Kuloland certainly raises a couple of concerns, among them, are the future of both the independence referendum and the Mauchan Kuloland itself.

"It has come to a time that, sadly, I will have to step down and allow our Kuloland to breath new airs. It is with a heavy heart that I announce my resignation of the position of Lead Administrator of the Mauchan Autonomous Region of Kuloland," said Meshindi in his press release.

Meshindi was the leader of the Mauchan Kuloland for 12 years and has led the territory to acquire the status of Autonomous Region in 2012. His image in the Kulo independence movement in Maucha, and making a move such as resignation would already be unexpected in normal conditions, but it raises even more questions being hours before the independence referendum.

Given the resignation of Meshindi, the Federal Government ilegitimized the independence referendum, stating that the region has no political environment at the moment to proceed with such voting. President Werner Hamisi stated: "It is a shame to see a colleague leaving, and we will always support democracy and the freedom of our people. However, we also support stability and peace and, for this reason, we advise the local government of Kuloland to decide on a new date for the voting of the referendum once a new Lead Administrator is chosen. Until then, the Federal Government will not recognize the organization of the event, and leave it for the hands of the soon-to-be new Lead Administrator to choose."

The Autonomous Region of Kuloland now has to organize immediate parliamentary voting to elect a new Lead Administrator. A few candidates have been speculated, but none confirmed. The date for the voting of the new Lead Administrator has not been released yet, and it will most likely be confirmed by the Kulo Parliament Spokesman anytime during this week.

Union of Akoren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Akoren » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:28 pm

Tsarbara’s War: On the home front in Adunis
Part One of Three special reports on the home fronts of Tsabara's civil war. Today, we report on the home front in government-held Adunis.
Emmanuel Béliveau
March 20th, 2021|Adunis, Tsabara

Adunis, Tsabara - On the cobbled streets of Old Adunis, the very streets Sotirias walked to his crucifixion, the Atudite Kings rallied their peoples against the encroaching Heavenly Dominions and Estmerish and Etrurian troops battled during the Solarian War; the tumult of civil war seems all but invisible, if only for the ever-growing number of photographs being presented in windows of lost sons, brothers, husbands and fathers. This city, the holiest of holies, once a cosmopolitan morass of exciting, music, cooking and prayer is now sullen, the war may be far physically, but mentally and emotionally it is all around.

As part of our special coverage of Tsabara’s two-year civil war, two of our correspondents have taken up residence in Adunis, the capital of Tsabara and Sidi Amar, the capital of the self-declared Unitied Irfanic Republic of Hamada, and one last report from a refugee camp in northern Zorasan. In this article our chief reporter, Emmanuel Béliveau, describes the home front in Adunis and the toll the war has taken upon the citizens of government-held Tsabara.

Grief, resilience, and confidence in Adunis

I remember Adunis before the war, it was a city unlike any other, in many ways it was the city of ultimate peace. Within its winding streets and millennia old alleyways lived peoples from Sotirianity, Irfan and Atudism, they thrived side by side, they ate together, drank together, partied together, worked together, learnt together, laughed and mourned together. It was a city of peace, tradition but also modernity and progress. Even as Atwan al-Tughluq’s descent into strongman politics brought tension, it rarely emerged between the peoples who make up this country. Having spent the past two years criss-crossing across the frontlines in the centre of the country, the only sights of Adunis I had were as I travelled to and from the airport, but now I have returned, I can say this is very much a different city now.

My work on this piece began several days before Bayadha was ‘saved’. The port-city to the south-east had been under siege by the separatist Irfanic Liberation and Resistance for months, news was pouring in daily of civilians killed in artillery strikes, starving and dehydrating children and valiant defenders being slowly pushed back – until the Tsabaran Federal Army backed by Esmterish and Gaullican aircraft and Etrurian warships broke the siege and sent the ILR retreating 80km east. To say that moods in this city fluctuate would be an understating, I saw the face of dejection erupt into smiles, cheers and shrieks of relief as the city was liberated. Nazim Al-Qutayni, the heroic president of Tsabara was present everywhere on any and all television screen, proudly proclaiming a great victory. That night, the city was alight with fireworks, bonfires and music as citizens celebrated their army’s victory. To me, this was the Adunis had experienced before, initially, it appeared nothing had changed, the war was far from this city and in that space, the people could continue living their lives as they once did. Though, this jubilation vanished as quickly as it came, a sullenness soon gripped everyone and that was the moment I realised, this war was taking a different toll.
Adunis, once a city of peace, is now a fortress of checkpoints and patrols during war time.

The Tsabaran government rarely if ever reveals the number of casualties it has suffered in this war, ostensibly for morale purposes. Though sources colleagues and I have spoken to put the number between 12,000 and 16,000 soldiers killed, including members of the National Guard. The number of wounded is estimated to be between 27,000 and 35,000. Perhaps in a formal of cognitive dissonance, you fail to notice the number of men who use crutches or visibly missing limbs, until you the notice the first and soon you swiftly notice the number around you. The same can be applied to the portraits of men, of all ages, presented in the front windows of homes, stores and restaurants. The photographs of men lost to war. In one eatery near my hotel, a delightful taverna, on the wall behind the bar is a collage of male faces – locals and former clients who answered the call and gave their lives for the preservation of Tsabara, to see ten faces stare back across you as you order an Etrurian liquor or an Estmerish lager knowing these men no longer walk this earth is heartbreaking.

One sleepy Saturday morning I visited Dalia Ben-Porat, 53, in the up-market district of Eitanim. Even here, in middle-class Adunis the portraits stare from the windows. Dalia works as a obstetrician at Beit Atudea Hospital, her husband, Arie was a captain with the 12th Armoured Brigade, he was killed last October when his unit was killed in what she was told was likely a drone strike by ILR fighters, a consistent problem for government forces. Though grief-stricken still, she remains a strong personality.

Providing me with coffee and biscuits on her terrace she was clear, “I miss him every waking moment, from the moment I wake to the moment I fall to sleep. I truly do miss him” she says her voice cracking. But she says, “he died fighting for his country, he died so Zorasan would not take over half the country and that offers me some peace, he died for the greatest of causes” she said. Taking a deep breath and smiling, she gestured for me to ask my questions.

I asked her if life for her personally had been affected, beyond the loss of her husband of thirty years. Her reply surprised me, “in many ways no. Though it is the disappearance of families that strikes me.” I asked her to explain, “I treated many women before the war, but the numbers have nosedived, so many have left the country with their children and husbands. Many have gone to Euclea, though these families may I say are more well to do? If you have money in this country you leave it seems.”

According to the Community of Nations close to 2.5 million Tsabarans have fled their country, though over 1 million have fled to Zorasan from separatist held areas in the east, a growing number are also fleeing to western Behera and southern Sohar. While approximately 200,000 have fled the government-held west for Euclea, mostly professionals and the well-educated.

“So many of my patients are well-educated, degrees and doctorates. Every one that I know who worked in finance have fled. Many who owned their own businesses have gone” she said further.

Before I could ask a follow up, Dalia was quick to continue, “you know the cost of living and unemployment is perhaps the issue. Goods are so expensive, food especially, so many jobs have been lost because who wants to invest in us? My energy bills are skyrocketing because of the oil fields being a battlefield. I am not entirely sure because of the value of our money, I could even afford to move now.”

She sighs, “I am not sure my daughters can afford to start over in Euclea. I want them to be safe, but they both want to stay bless them.”

It was then I realised that Dalia had made the most valid point of life on the government home front. The value of the manat, Tsabara’s currency has collapsed in value against the Euclo. Foreign-direct investment has also collapsed, forcing up prices across the board. Prior to the war, food was imported in vast quantities from Zorasan that has all but vanished as the country severed all ties and issued a state-backed boycott of the country. The number of Tsabarans under the poverty-line in government-held territory according to the CN has risen by 32% since the war began. The loss of so many professionals is likely to compound the country’s economic problems, coupled with the loss of many oil fields in the east, the government is reportedly struggling to raise sufficient capital to fund its social welfare system and the war effort.

“it is hard, and so many families are losing their men, like I lost Arie. But we have the world with us, they stand with Tsabara. So I think we will win in the end and if we do, that will bring peace to a lot of families” she said.

The capital it should be said has not been without periods of fear. Prior to the Nativity last year, rumours circulated of ILR “saboteurs” had infiltrated the city to conduct terror operations. This followed a series of gun and bomb attacks in the city of Qa’ah, where 12 people were killed when ILR militants threw grenades into a recruitment office. Police and reserve troops flooded central Adunis to protect key sites and government buildings. But the rumours turned out to be just that, though the fear Dalia told me was palpable.

Since then, the city has been under intense security measures, there are checkpoints at major thoroughfares, regular public service announcements urging citizens to report any and all strange or suspicious behaviour.

As I left Dalia’s following a warm goodbye I had the unfortunate chance of witnessing the cost of war. Across her street, a woman collected the post from her post box, only to see the infamous yellow envelope that bares the news, I watched as this woman held this letter before unleashing the most unbearable wail I had ever heard, before I could offer some comfort she ran inside and slammed her door. No doubt, a picture will be placed in her window when she finds the strength to do so.

That night I took to having dinner at a widely recommended restaurant near the Old Quarter, home of the Sepulchre, Wailing Wall and the Dome. Inside the restaurant I noticed both the price of the menu and the lack of native diners, instead its tables were manned by an eclectic mix of foreigners, reporters, attaches, aid workers and no doubt the odd spook. But though foreign, it was a muffled silence. On the wall was a HD TV playing TNN, the public news broadcaster, plying us with reels after reels of combat footage, drone feeds and explosions. Even watching this, it feels as if we are watching a war in a foreign land, a far-off place, but then from the heart comes a replay of that wail from the war widow, that shriek of loss and grief, disbelief that never again shall she see her loved one again, nor hear his voice, feel his touch. The staff here try their best to appear confident and pleasant, rarely do they look at the screen, rarely even their phones – perhaps a desire to avoid the reality that their nation is torn apart, or that men fight and die, that they too may receive a letter.

As I leave the night’s stillness is broken by the screech of overhead aircraft, its passing was followed by the blaring of dance music from a group of teenagers on a square down the road from the restaurant. I kept watch, as they sang along, drank alcohol, laughed and played around. I wondered, was this an attempt to maintain a semblance of ordinary life, or was it one last hurrah before the males of the groups were sent off for training and then war? Was this a rejection of reality? I suspect it was all the above, for even through their smiles and laughter I felt a sadness, I opted to leave the youngsters to their fun and returned to my hotel.

The next morning, I had received an invitation from a local “National Assistance Group”, having barely heard a word of what this could be, I had many assumptions and imaginations of what this could be. In truth, I envisioned a militia or a group of men collecting guns ready to do their bit. Travelling to Kiryat Menahem district, I was surprised to discover this group to be elderly women, their tasks? Producing socks, first add kits and clothing for the troops. This group was drawn from Adunis’ multitude of peoples, Atudites, Sotirians and Irfani. They sat around large tables sewing away.

“It is the least we can do” said Saeeda, 77. She said with a smile, “our husbands they do metal work, making grenades and bullets.”

“My son and two grandsons are fighting”, Faya, 68 said.

“Making these things, sewing uniforms, it helps me keep distracted. Its harder at night when I am alone at home, I immediately worry and think about my boys” she said further, drawing agreement from the women around her.

“Both my nephews were killed fighting” Karen, 66 tells me, “they died when the government withdrew from the east two years ago. Ambushed on the way out, so I do this to honour then and all the men fighting” she continues.

I ask the 100 or so ladies whether they were confident of victory, absolutely they all agreed loudly.

“We will win, there will be peace and we will be one nation again” said one.

“Zorasan will not break our country apart, the rebels will be destroyed” said another.

“We have a great army, a great president and the world is with us. We will win” Faya said with a smile, before returning to sewing.

Whatever the cost is today, and whatever the cost is tomorrow, Adunis appears ready to carry the cost.

Tomorrow, our reporter in the separatist east, Margarite Charroux reports on the home front in Sidi Amar, the separatist stronghold and de-facto capital of Hamada.

Image Comments [ 48,114 ] | Image E-mail
©LEMONDE 2020

Image 48,114 comments

MORE HEADLINES
  • Yemet regime and Zorasani allies make territorial gains toward coast [ 36,238 ]
  • Rongzhuo-Zahedan Axis "re-affirmed" in choreographed talks between State Chairman Yuan and State President Ali Haftar[ 15,509 ]
  • Tsabaran government calls for more defensive aid as losses mount [ 25,136 ]
  • Prominent Etrurian TV personality moves to Estmere [ 11,951 ]
  • Etruria shuts down only major secularist NGO [ 43,684 ]

Caille-Sartoux and the Azure Coast
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 11, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Caille-Sartoux and the Azure Coast » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:17 pm

ImageImageImageImage

Once, when the world was burning from years of strife and conflict, politicians acted much as our current Premier has acted with the passage of LIEN, the nation’s revolutionary new banking and finance restructuring package. They, like our current Premier and her reformational allies in the Parti Conservateur, believed that making deals with the opposition could forestall political and socioeconomic upheaval. Men in crisp new suits driving Gaullican cars left behind after the political separation of the Azurenne colony from the mother country arrived to make backroom deals between drinking expensive liquor, playing poker and cavorting with prostitutes.

They said these partnerships were necessary to facilitate the organic growth of a new government.

They said that by dealing with the opposition on the small issues, larger issues could be solved in likewise manner.

They were wrong. Unequivocally, catastrophically wrong. And countless thousands died.

History has a manner of weeding out superfluous facts and feelings in order to purify, galvanize even the objective truth, that irrefutable yarn that reflects the past that built to it and shapes the future that emerges from it. When the conservatives of the 1930s began making deals with the diplomatic saboteurs of the Councilist Vague Rouge, they believed themselves to be the smartest men in the room. They thought that by negotiating away small problems that they were facilitating the growth of diplomatic, democratic dialogue. Instead, they emboldened the Vague Rouge into issuing broader demands that the diplomats could not acquiesce to, dooming the country to ten years of horror more bloody and violent than even the Great War presented to Azurenne shores.

Ten years of macabre violence and destruction which forestalled our democratic institutions by almost four decades.

Thankfully, our country’s strength has surpassed its divisions, and we have emerged into the twenty-first century as a cohesive whole looking to take its place in the international community of nations. Yet that cohesiveness is predicated on a certain measure of decorum in the corridors of power, where loyalty to the ideological vision surpasses the pragmatism of realpolitik. Those who deviate from that faith, the implicit trust instilled in them by the electorate seek to divide the very entities which represent the bedrock of our democracy, the foundation of this republic.

Last week, Premier Auberjonois and members of the PCR bent on reforming a system they believe to be inequitable conspired with members of the opposition to ram through a massive legislative package, the National Economic Investment Law. By side-stepping the oversight of her own party – and by negotiating in the proverbial backroom with Armin Baraka’s Social Unity Front – the Premier managed to get her transformational package through to her desk before the rest of her caucus even knew what hit them. Now, the economic freedoms of our individual shires is being rested from them in favor of centralization, a prospect that concerns (rightly so) older Azurennes who remember the terror of the last political entity which sought to make centralization its top priority.

We are nary closer to a civil war than we are another global war, thank the divines. But the fractures within the PCR that will emerge from the passage of LIEN could be almost as destructive politically as those two wars were emotionally and physically to the conscience of the nation. Our system works through the underlying principle of good faith: one caucus will govern, the other will provide opposition. This dichotomous relationship provides a voice for those with the majority and those with the minority. Competing interests brought to the negotiating table where consensus, not political self-sabotage rules the day.

But by cutting a deal with the opposition, and by grandstanding her own party, Premier Auberjonois has opened a dangerous new front in the current political climate in Sartoux. Now, members of her own caucus have turned on her for the seeming-betrayal, and the majority party of the electorate is now deeply divided on how to move forward. One would think that this could open the door for the opposition, the Social Unity Front to move forward with its agenda, but divisions now exist therein as well thanks to the far wing of the party’s distaste for compromising on their hardline platform. A fringe that, sadly, has as much pull on their caucus’s plans as our fringe has on ours.

Dialogue is the lifeblood of a democracy. All impurities are cast aside so that the truth may be fleshed out on the floor of Congress, where the betterment of the nation represents the highest of our lofty ideals. That idealism cannot survive when bad actors execute in bad faith transformational laws that could wildly alter the daily lives of the Azurenne people, and not necessarily for the better. Time will tell whether LIEN will have a positive effect or not, but the wounds from the impromptu war the Premier launched to get it rushed through will linger for some time to come.

This then would usually be the part of the tale where a plea of sorts is made, but thanks to the circumstances in which this editorial was created, a plea seems untenable. Thus, a warning to the Premier, whom I supported and will hope to continue to support: be careful that you are not walking into a political trap, Madame Auberjonois. The opposition may be your collaborators today, but nary a good tiding shall linger on the long curve if you continue to sow your seed in another party’s field. The country, its electorate, and its continued success depend on cohesion amongst the ranks of the majority caucus. Cohesion is impossible when the crop-tender takes the ploughshare to their field and cuts them down out of turn.

Xiaodong
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 16, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xiaodong » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:46 am

EXCLUSIVE - A fifth of government contracts were flagged for "potential of corruption"
New leaks reveal the scale of dodgy practices within the Weranian government with private donors.
Eduard Schutz(@edschutz)
26 March 2022 | Westbrücken, Werania

Photo courtesy of AV photos.[/size]

A leaked report compiled by the governments own standards office has revealed that "up to a fifth" of federal government contracts handed out over 2021 have been raised as having the "potential for corruption" and that the federal government has "systematically awarded contracts on a federal and provincial level to companies associated with the NKP".

In documents released to the Täglicher Beobachter the government's anti-corruption watchdog, the Auditor-Generals office, has raised concerns that over the last year the government has continually shown bias towards NKP donors giving them lucrative contracts and smoothing over legal concerns regarding their origin. Directly implicating the Finance Ministry the documents report that many contracts had been approved without competitive tender and to companies directly linked to the NKP through political donations or personal relationships with NKP-affiliated politicians.

"The Finance Ministry seems to have acted as a conduit for the federal government to disburse public funds to friends of the NKP using the power of the federal government to approve or deny public contracts" the report stated. "A pattern has emerged of the Finance Ministry deliberately forcing through non-competitive contract bids for various projects from railway track work to canteen provision in government offices".

The government have been able to push through so many dodgy contracts the report elaborated due to reforms in the contracting process passed by the previous centre-left government that "significantly streamline" the process to allow private companies to give provision for public services. Intended both to simplify a bureaucratic process the reforms have allowed the government to rapidly approve of contracts by bypassing many procedural checks on conflicts of interest, something the NKP according to the report have "taken advantage of".

The leaks come after the premier has been accused of giving public contracts to the Hosokawa conglomerate after secretly meeting with their officials several times and taking political donations from them on behalf of the NKP. If these allegations are correct then it points to a culture within the federal government of rewarding friendly companies with possible personal enrichment at play as well.

Last July the Defence Minister Ulrich Furler had to resign after it emerged that he had personally lobbied to have arms company Volger to be given lucrative contracts including a multi-million arms agreement with the Tsabaran government.

"The Furler case, the ongoing Hosokawa allegations and now this...it seems the NKP-led government have treated the management of public contracts as an opportunity to reward political allies" says analyst Siegfried Honecker.

"This brings up very serious questions about the state of Weranian politics. If private companies can buy up the government so easily, what does that mean in terms of private-public interests?"

The leaks come a month before several important state elections in Werania including in Cislania. They also come before premier von Hösslin is set to run again for the NKP presidency for another three-year term. Already a plurality of voters, 46%, think the premier should resign over the Hosokawa allegations.
Auspicious Republic of Shangea | Weranian Confederation | Miersan Republic | Republic of Kaona | Region (Kylaris) | News and Articles on Shangea
OOC:
Economic Left/Right: -0.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.0
Left wing populism
British unionist, Sinophile, Francophile.

Poshyte
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Poshyte » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:00 am

South Kabu goes to the polls to elect a new post-coup legislature
South Kabuese voters will be electing a legislature to replace the old legislative system in the country's first election without the BKMI.
Holbe Haanstra
26 March 2022| Magelang, North Kabu

A poll worker in Ayukarta shows a list of candidates for a constituency.

MAGELANG, NORTH KABU - South Kabuese voters are beginning to head to the polls today as a 14 day voting window begins nationwide. The election was called in the aftermath of November's coup. The election will elect a new legislative body which will be entirely non-partisan after the ruling BKMI announced it would not be running candidates in the election.

The vote is taking place amidst the fallout of a political crisis which killed 87 people in November and a worsening security situation in the north of the country after North Kabuese backed militants seized a major city in December. On the ground, voters will be deciding on the composition of the 115 seats in the new 'Congress of Kabu' which will be replacing the old Senate. The country's President Tirto Sutikno is not up for election but cast his ballot after polls opened at 8am local time in Ayukarta. President Tirto has endorsed pro-reform candidates nationwide and has personally campaigned for many as he seeks to rewrite the country's constitution in what some international observers say is the beginning of a long process towards South Kabu becoming a democratic councilist state alongside the likes of Kirenia and others.

8 million people are eligible to vote in the election including Kabuese citizens abroad who will have ballots sent to them by Ayukarta. Turnout is key towards the South Kabuese government legitimising the election, in some areas it has organised buses to deliver people to polling stations, it has brought the ballot boxes into hospitals to allow the sick and injured to cast their ballots and it is even sailing ballot boxes out to remote communities on South Kabu's numerous islands. Free food and vouchers were also given out to voters after casting their ballots by the country's election officials. Even in areas the government does not control such as the self-declared independent Masioran Republic the election is still going ahead as Masioran authorities said they will not interfere with the process.

The a record 700 candidates are running nationwide for 115 seats, 40 of which have been reserved for women and another 5 for ethnic minorities across the archipelago.

Some notable candidates running in the election include political newcomer Eko Dhimas who was a key ally of President Tirto Sutikno during the coup and is seen as the front-runner to become Premier. Another notable candidate is former General Budi Darma who shot to international fame after his role in November's coup, he is running in his home rural constituency in the far-south where he faces no opposition candidates.

Major issues in the campaign include political reform - which was proposed by Tirto Sutikno last year to end the country's state of emergency - reopening negotiations with North Kabu, Estmere and Gaullica over the status of Nouvel Anglet and Kingsport islands which South Kabu claims, healthcare, education and security.

Raharjo, a South Kabuese student living in Morwall told Estmerish broadcaster EBS that his ballot was mailed to him and included a list of every candidate running in the constituency he last lived in. Raharjo claims it was difficult to find information about each candidate but noted that most incumbent politicians in the old legislature are not running for re-election. Speaking to EBS he said that the election was a chance for his country to progress and flourish.

Results will be announced on the 12th of April after the record long 19 day voting period and the new Congress will assemble on the 20th of April to elect a Premier.

Image Comments [ 12251 ] | Image E-mail
© DTRT Group 2022

West Kirkon
Envoy

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby West Kirkon » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:25 pm

OPINION |The Chistovodian Noose Part 1.
The Chistovodian Noose, and its consequences for Vinalia.
2022-03-26T 15:20:30Z
Vinalian tanks in exercise.

Earlier this week elements of the Vinalian Armed Forces dedicated themselves to exercises in the northern province of Zdavro which closely borders Chistovodia. The exercise would involve some 5,000 soldiers, 15 helicopters, over 200 vehicles, and 20 aircraft including the recently bought G-7’s. The exercise as usual consists of Vinalian forces splitting into two, one on the offensive and the other on the defensive as each attempts to defeat the other. Although nothing out of the ordinary it again showcases the deficiencies in Vinalia’s army.

Vinalia, a nation with a troubled history, spent much of the 20th century in conflict. Vinalia has since reunification in 1993, turned its head from conflict and civil war to economic development and democracy. Vinalia has remained a strong democracy, a promising and prosperous economy, and an increasingly well educated populace. Although Vinalia has seen such priorities lightly change in recent years. Chistovodia which had remained sidelined for numerous years, has reappeared on the world stage, and most prominently in the Asterian theater. It flexes its muscles with naval deployments around the continent, and the increase of conscription. Vinalia which once was part of Chistovodia in the 1880’s and fought a bloody independence war, for their freedom is well aware of the threat their northern neighbor is, and most dangerously of all. Could be.

Vinalia has always struggled with its place in the Asterias, as a country that moved towards Chistovodia or away from it. Vinalia favored moving away from the colossus in the north during the 1910’s and 20’s, culminating in a decade of instability and another of warfare, when Ardesia invaded Vinalia. While Chistovodia too faced civil war, the Socialist wing was able to more decisively defeat its enemies and ensure control of the state, something neither Socialists or Democrats could achieve in Vinalia. Chistovodia became involved in the Vinalian Civil war one part due to Socialist friendship, another due to historical ties, and another because of the struggle for influence with other Asterian powers. North Vinalia increasingly entered into an abusive relationship with its “eternal brother”, as Vinalian uranium was utilized to kickstart Chistovodian Nuclear ambitions, exchanged for weaponry and ammunition to defend North Vinalia.

Chistovodia provided the North with the safe haven of air bases in their territory to allow Northern aircraft to escape Southern bombardment during conflict. The northern state and army could operate out of North Vinalia without issue. Plus the use of foreign aid ensured that North Vinalia remained firmly in Chistovodian hands. When South Vinalia had returned to democracy following the 1987 war, both Vinalia’s were much more open minded. Chistovodia, which had dedicated so much to Vinalia, found itself lacking in resolve. The socialist world was in retreat, and the Asterian powers were ready to use that to their advantage. Soravian, and Rizealander interests were welcomed into South Vinalia, it wouldn’t be long before South Vinalia overtook North Vinalia in quality of life, and refugees returning. Chistovodia allowed the impossible, it favored Oleksandr Artemovych, a relatively old Army officer for the position of Minister-President. Artemovych was an optimist who believed Vinalian reunification could occur. Fortunately it did, as he found his other half in South Vinalia’s young and charismatic president Vladyslava Danylivna, both would start the process that would unite Vinalia.

Vinalia was reunified with various caveats. It forbade foreign alliances, and bases, along with strict military spending guidelines, and equipment restrictions. Vinalia, which had inherited an impressive arsenal of equipment, soon found itself selling to less than ideal states and dealers. These restrictions imposed by the Vinalians themselves were heavily favored by Chistovodia which did not desire the country to leave its sphere of influence too far. The Chistovodian Noose, as its referred are the literal nooses Chistovodia uses to ensure Vinalian compliance:

Energy
Vinalia is among the world’s largest users of Nuclear energy, standing at nearly half of its total capacity. This is by no mistake. Vinalia buys large quantities of energy from the Chisvin Nuclear Power Plant near the border, and is the brainchild of a Chistovodian initiative to provide North Vinalia with cheap, indestructible energy during the 80’s. When a unified Vinalia approached Chistovodia to increase its share of energy bought from Chisvin from 25% to 35%, they were promptly rejected, however Chistovodia offered to help Vinalia start its own Nuclear power plant. Vinalian uranium is given to Chistovodia at lower rates in exchange for nuclear expertise and advice. The Vinalian Cirnan Nuclear Power plant had 70% of its staff be Chistovodian nationals when it finished construction in 2008. Today it stands at 40%. Spent nuclear fuel from Cirnan is shipped off to a Chistovodian facility for long term storage, while its nuclear fuel is manufactured by Chistovodia. Chistovodia controls about half of the Vinalian energy sector, either directly or indirectly. Vinalian estimates that without Chistovodian help, the Nuclear Power plant would be too dangerous to operate, and it would run out of storage capacity within a year regardless. Not to take into account the 25% energy bought from Chisvin, which could not be easily replaced by other sources that are not coal or oil.

Trade
Chistovodia is without a doubt Vinalia’s largest trading partner, both imports and exports. Vinalian goods enjoy widespread exportation in Chistovodia, as both countries maintain free trade agreements. Although Chistovodian imports could be easily replaced, exports primarily of Agricultural products are a top concern. Chistovodia buys more sugar from Vinalia than the rest of its trading partners combined; a similar story impacts tomatoes, coffee, wine, apples, bananas, and watermelons. While they make at least 10% of exportation of all other agricultural products. Chistovodia could easily shut down 30% of Vinalias export market if it so desired, impacting deeply the Vinalian state.

Vinalians in Chistovodia
Chistovodias greatest import from Vinalia might be its people. The Vinalian diaspora is one of the largest in the world, of which 1.9 million live in Chistovodia, the largest contingent in the world. Vinalians returned from abroad during the 90’s and 2000’s except for the Chistovodians. Vinalians congregated close to the border and it is common for them to usually visit family while enjoying the great perks of living in Chistovodia. More Vinalians have migrated north in the previous year, than Chistovodians (including Vinalians) have in 5 south. Vinalians tend to send back money to their families back home, and increasingly impoverished indigenous communities have come to rely on that money, and they come to represent the largest group leaving Vinalia. Primarily as its the most impoverished group.

Politics
The greatest tool in Chistovodias noose is the fractured politics of Vinalia. The Workers Party is the left leaning party greatly popular in the North. Has known connections to Misto Myru, and is friendly to the northern regime, as are numerous Vinalians. Chistovodia has been a great ally and friend since independence, commonly citing Chistovodias large foreign aid to Vinalia, the buying of their produce, and the help they provide with energy. Even if the Workers Party sought to distance itself from Misto Myru, its voters would push it back. The Unionists and Conservatives think of Chistovodia as a dangerous friend, and a possible threat.

Although Minister-President Omelyan Pavlov’s predecessor Turden Najic was much more open to Chistovodian interests. Pavlov himself is not keen on the idea, and has sought to emphasize ties with Soravia, Ardesia, and other Asterian countries. Pavlov’s recent coalition with the Workers Party has also found a similar thinking in Rayisa Bohdanivna, who is not as warm to Misto Myru as the rest of her colleagues. Pavlov sought to strengthen ties with both Senria and Ansan, two key trading partners he wanted to emphasize. Pavlov is also not shy to step outside his line, when Vinalia expressed interest in acquiring new aircraft and air defense systems, Chistovodia offered to provide them. Vinalia was in the process of discussing, when Pavlov won the Minister-Presidency, he soon toned down such discussions and traveled to Soravia, where he was able to buy Soravian aircraft. Aircraft that wouldn’t rely on Chistovodia, and aircraft that would have been sold with capable anti-ship missiles, an absolute red line Chistovodia was not willing to cross, but one Soravia easily did. Vinalia acquired dozens of highly advanced Soravian anti-ship missiles, which experts believe could allow Vinalia to pose a threat to Chistovodian ships.

But how much damage could Vinalia inflict to its “eternal brother”, to its comrade, and friend if conflict was to emerge? We will discuss this in part 2 of the Chistovodian Noose.

You've looked at 1 Free Article out of 5 this month
The International Observer is the premier paper of note in foreign affairs. For 100 years we've provided the world with breathtaking, factual, and well informed coverage of the issues of the day. With over 50 articles of note, published by experts, a monthly subscription will ensure you remain informed and ahead of the curve with the International Observer. The Premier source of international news, and analysis. Sign up and subscribe.

© International Observer 2022
West Kirkon at your service glorious Reader.
Economic Left/Right: -7.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.62
I am a lost Memer of the faraway lands of Central America. Post Rock is Love, Post Rock is Life.
West Kirkon is a nation based around Bosnia, Croatia, and Montenegro with Trieste.

-AlEmAnNiA-
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby -AlEmAnNiA- » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:58 pm

Last edited by -AlEmAnNiA- on Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Union of Akoren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Akoren » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:15 am

Sardar Sadavir Hatami: “We cannot ignore the criminality of the Adunis regime any longer”
Sardar Sadavir Hatami tells 45,000 in Sadah that they too "can take pride" in Irvadistan's role in providing shelter for almost a million refugees
28 March 2022 | 19. Esfand 2344

Sardar Sadavir Hatami addressed over 45,000 people in Sadah
Deputy First Minister Sadavir Hatami in his first major speech to citizens since assuming office last November has warned, “we cannot ignore the criminality of the Adunis regime any longer, it being beholden to Atudite ultranationalists poses an existential threat to Irfani innocents across the rebel east.” He made the remarks when addressing 45,000 citizens in Sadah to celebrate the city’s founding in 777 AD.

Addressing the crowd at Unification Square in central Sadah, capital of the Irvadi Union Republic, the Marshal of the Union and Deputy First Minister praised the city and the Irvadi UR for its “immense humanity, kindness, generosity and spirit in welcoming, aiding, sheltering and protecting over a million Tsabarans.” He said, “the Irvadi Union Republic today stands as the shining example of the Union’s commitment to humanity, a shining beacon to the reminder that the Union does not turn away the dispossessed, oppressed and brutalised. You are the reminder that the Union’s people possess greater mercy within them than the rulers and lawmakers of Euclean countries.”

He said further, “even now as our forces aid the Yemeti government in crushing terrorism, we must not forget the plight of the Tsabaran people, who have endured for two years, a vicious war waged upon them by their own government, at the behest of Kesselbourg and their patrons in Morwall, Verlois, Westbrucken and Povelia. This Euclean-backed and funded war will not succeed, their puppet regime in Adunis which engages in ever bloodier criminality will collapse by the will of God.”

“What drives their criminality?” He asked, the crowd promptly replied, “the Atudite!” To which Sardar Hatami replied, “yes my friends, the Atudite. The people who seek Tsabara for themselves, the ones who make use of Qutayni, the Euclean puppet and useful idiot.”

“we cannot ignore the criminality of the Adunis regime any longer, it being beholden to Atudite ultranationalists poses an existential threat to Irfani innocents across the rebel east” he said.

For weeks, the Union Ministry of National Defence has been collating anecdotes and evidence from Tsabaran refugees about war crimes and violent criminality committed by regime forces, including indiscriminate bombing, sexual and physical abuse of innocents and the torching of Irfanic places of worship by Sotirian and Atudite units of those forces.

“There must be a red line, always a red line of when the forces for good, light and humanity say enough. No more barbarism, no more genocide, no more violence against the innocent. We must know what has happened and then say our red line, because what is happening in Tsabara is a grotesque assault upon what it means to be a human being, with a soul” he said animatedly.

“When a state is this criminal, this beholden to ultranationalists and foreign capitals, it is as far from legitimate as it can be. The regime in Adunis is not legitimate, it is a squatters government, paid for, protected and aided by the EC” he said further to jeers from the crowd.

Though he said, “take pride my fellow citizens, take pride in our Union, for we are now without question for the force for peace, order and stability in this continent. We are the guarantors of peace and prosperity, and we will not allow foreign powers to undermine our continent’s peace and prosperity, we have suffered for too long and now we deserve the world that is coming, the world where it is they [Euclea] that listen to us when we speak. We, the Union, together with our allies will bring about that world, but it begins here in Coius. We will bring peace to our continent”, to which he then led the crowd into chants of “Zorasan Zendebad!”

Following the election of the new Central Leadership in November, the Union-Government has stepped up its criticism of the Adunis-regime, as well as restoring the Dandan-ye Azdar to the Union. First Minister Gafor Qahor has visited Tsabaran refugees on six occasions since November, as well as co-chairing meetings of the State Commission for Humanitarian and Refugee Affairs. The First Minister has said consistently that the Union will continue to provide assistance to as many refugees as possible, though warned there would be limit to the country’s resources.

The speech comes as the General Intelligence Service (Akhid), warned the Adunis regime was preparing for a “major operation” in central Tsabara, with the aim of pushing back separatists from Qa’ah, the country’s second largest city. Akhid also described Adunis’ intention to “follow up on its Bayadha success with offensives from Qa’ah and from the north to liberate half of the country’s on-shore oil facilities.”

With growing opposition within Sattarishahr over the continued conflict in Tsabara, some analysts believe that further action could be taken by the Union to exert pressure on Adunis.

With reported meetings of the Central Committee on the Tsabaran situation mooted for tomorrow, which notably includes key officials across the economic sector, there are musings that a complete ban on the import or purchasing of any good produced in Tsabara is likely. The government is also expected to demand a second time, Tsabara withdraw workers from three off-shore oil platforms in the waters off the Dandan-ye Azdar, which are once again Union territorial waters.

More stories
  • Adunis regime prepares to launch "major offensive" from Qa'ah
  • Union demands evacuation for three oil rigs off Dandan-ye Azdar
  • UMND will release "full-report" on Adunis' war crimes shortly
  • Renewed discussions between government and mining industry over health and safety
  • Protests in Ravanistani UR continue for third days over healthcare failings
Last edited by Union of Akoren on Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thump from Kylaris
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 13, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Thump from Kylaris » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:09 am

President Husani Kanaan condemns incendiary comments by Niserian PM
Soharan President vows forceful response to unprecedented aggression by Niserian regime
NATIONAL by Ari Sarraf
22 Feb. 2022

President Husani Kanaan warned that recent comments by Niserian leadership threaten to imperil the 1998 Zahedan Protocol.

President Husani Kanaan made a televised address to the nation this afternoon, in which he strongly condemned recent incendiary statements made by Niserian Prime Minister Mufeed al-Nazar regarding the 1965 Niserian aggression. Comments were leaked to Niserian media outlets in which al-Nazar criticized former Niserian President Fattah al-Salameh for “not finishing what he should have” with regards to Nise’s invasion of Sohar in 1965. The invasion was widely condemned across Coius as an unprovoked act of aggression orchestrated by Euclean colonial powers, to whom the Niserian government did and continues to answer to.

Despite a tremendous effort by Soharan and anti-imperialist forces, Nise’s support from northern imperial powers such as Estmere and Rizealand allowed them to conduct a bloody campaign of aggression against Sohar that included the deliberate killing of thousands of Soharan civilians. Despite his vicious crimes against the Soharan people and despotic governance of his own nation, al-Salameh remained in power, despite calls around the world for him to be tried for his genocidal actions against the people of Sohar.

During his address, President Kanaan described the Niserian Prime Minister’s remarks as “deeply disturbing” and warned that they threaten to imperil the peace between Nise and Sohar as set in the Zorasan-brokered Zahedan Protocol in 1998, which sought to resolve the conflict over Niserian-occupied lands in Menouf Province. “Twenty-four years ago, the Zahedan Protocol gave us a hope of peace. The aggression and sabre-rattling by Niserian ultranationalists like Prime Minister al-Nazar threaten this hope, and imperil our hopes for a brighter future,” the President declared. He concluded his remarks by reminding the Soharan people that despite the ratification of the Zahedan Protocol, Nise continues to seek justification for its unjust and illegal occupation of Soharan lands along the Saqultah River, and that the Niserian state has at every turn sought to undermine and violate the Protocol.

The comments made by al-Nazar have sparked widespread outcry on both sides of the Saqultah. Massive demonstrations have broken out across Nise, with the Niserian people calling for not only al-Nazar’s resignation, but an end to the neocolonialist Euclean puppet regime that controls their state. Opinion polls by Niserian media outlet Nise Today have shown a collapse in support for the ruling Party of Nise, which has governed the country since independence and which has presided over numerous acts of aggression against the Soharan people. At the same time, opposition to the naked aggression by the Niserian regime has flared up across Sohar, with people from all walks of life taking to the streets in protest. Marwan Awad Square at the heart of Sanafir is currently packed with tens of thousands of demonstrators, many of whom burned photographs of al-Nazar. While it remains to be seen what impact the incendiary comments by the Niserian Prime Minister will have on Rahelian peace, it is clear that as always, the people of Nise and Sohar are united in defiance of Euclean neocolonialism, and in support of pan-Rahelian solidarity.

Union of Akoren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Akoren » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:19 pm

Phillip Sternberg - 28 March 2022

Pumtere encircled and under siege as PNLAY and Zorasani allies make rapid gains in north
Kaabura units together with Zorasani forces have encircled and besieged the city of 300,000

Results of an airstrike in Pumtere, date unknown.
[/box]
Girota, Yemet- Zorasani forces together with the PNLAY have made rapid gains to the north, east and south of Pumtere, the ARPF-held city in northern Yemet. The city of 300,000 is now cut off and under siege, widespread reports of heavy bombardments by air and artillery continue to reach the outside world.

It is not known how many civilians remain inside the city, which until last night still operated several routes for escape. One local ARPF official estimates that just over 60,000 people remain within the city’s limits, who all now find themselves, together with ARPF fighters encircled and besieged.

The joint Zorasani-PNLAY force dubbed the “Northern Task Force” has advanced rapidly from Aruvu to the south-west on the Gonda River. Pumtere was expected to be struck by the NTF several weeks ago, however, seasonal rains coupled with Yemet’s poor infrastructure stalled the advance. Though stalled, the NTF utilised Zorasani aircraft and long-range artillery to strike targets between them and Pumtere, easing the advance toward the city.

The encirclement of Pumtere was confirmed when Zorasani military social media accounts posted images of PNLAY troops in Amutere, a suburb northeast of the city. ARPF sources also confirmed the city’s encirclement to us directly.

The assault on Pumtere appears to be a part of a wider coordinated offensive by Girota, which is advancing east along the Gonda River ostensibly to strike up north toward the vital port city of Lehir, with the Zorasani-Kaabura NTF advancing parallel to the north. The fall of Pumtere would deliver a decisive blow against the ARPF and open the road to Musaza, another port city.

According to several analysts, the recapture of Musaza and Lehir would provide the Yemeti regime much needed access to the sea, enabling it to resume the import and export of goods. This would in theory provide much needed financial and economic relief for the Yemeti government, which has been without access to these ports since the civil war began last year. Analysts and sources in Zorasan have also expressed the view that Zorasan seeks a rapid seizure of Lehir to deny any viable area Euclean powers or the CN could access Yemet. The loss of Lehir, its port and airport would essentially shutout outside powers entirely from intervening on their part, leaving Zorasan as the only major power involved in the conflict. The successful capture of the coast would also bisect Yemet along the Gonda River, this would in theory deny any rebel groups from coordinating effectively against the Iskinder regime.

Zorasani airstrikes continue to decimate multiple cities

As the PNLAY and ZIRLF continue to advance toward the coast, Zorasani warplanes and drones continue to pummel multiple cities. Over the weekend, at least 32 strikes were reported in Pumtere, Lehir, Musaza, Taga, Emcha and Naijabe. Six strikes in Emcha killed an estimated 43 people, while 20 were reportedly killed in Lehir after Zorasan struck a factory it reported was producing explosives. Unconfirmed reports also indicate that Zorasan launched two drone strikes in ARPF held territory, killing Kimani Manyeki, a senior figure within the rebel group, as well as Gitura Mwangi, the ‘governor’ of Pumtere. However, one drone strike reportedly struck a coach carrying people out of Pumtere two days ago, leaving 8 dead and 40 injured.

According to the International Conflict Monitor, the Zorasanis are conducting between 100 to 180 sorties a day using the estimated 40 aircraft deployed to Girota. This figure does not include the use of Zamboor-3 drones or any other type in use by Zorasan, though drones have been used extensively in striking ARPF commanders, staging areas and defensive positions.
Last edited by Union of Akoren on Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

West Kirkon
Envoy

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby West Kirkon » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:37 pm

OPINION |The Chistovodian Noose Part 2.
The Chistovodian Noose, and its consequences for Vinalia.
2022-03-29T 11:30:10Z
Vinalian self-propelled artillery firing during last week's exercises.

In Part 2 we delve deeper into the Chistovodian Noose on Vinalia. Following training exercises by the Vinalian Armed Forces in the northern province of Zdavro. How would the noose change to a knife, if the ever threatening Misto Myru decided to intervene in Vinalia?

The Chistovodian noose is one that does not need to turn into a knife for Vinalia to dance whatever dance Misto Myru decides. Chistovodia could easily cut energy exports to Vinalia, or impose some form of legislation that would in some way impact agricultural imports, even just informing its supporters in the Vinalian left of a change in policy, and Vinalia would follow suit. Vinalia is clearly limited in its ability to move against Chistovodia, or even consider doing something that might displease Misto Myru. Chistovodia could easily and quickly influence Vinalia, a nation of 25 million with a single speech or flick of the wrist. Chistovodia would not need to flex its military muscle to Vinalia, even less so invade its southern neighbor, yet Vinalian army professionals train and exercise for this exact scenario.

In a 2010 leaked memo from the Ministry of Defense, during the height of Ulyana Hryhorivna’s leadership, clearly the least friendly Chistovodian Vinalian government. The memo stated that Vinalia’s most likely foe in both long and short term was the Chistovodian state. Vinalian defense has centered since reunification on how to fight Chistovodia, a state who aside from geopolitics has little reason to intervene in the country, counter to Ardesia who invaded Vinalia 100 years ago, and who still maintains claims to a large swath of territory in its political fringes. However an Ardesian attack on Vinalia would have to contend with similar issues that the Functionalists experienced almost 100 years ago. They’d have to contend with a large jungle to their north, and flat plains in the middle and south, but would have to deal with Vinalian forces funneling soldiers and equipment into that gap. Unlike in 1925, Vinalia would not be underequipped, and with considerably less manpower than Ardesia. Today Vinalia could engage Ardesia in wide mechanized and armored confrontations. Confrontations the Vinalians are much more prepared for, and trained than the Ardesians. Such confrontations are the most likely way Vinalia will be defended and defeated in either conflict with Ardesia or Chistovodia.

A Chistovodian attack on Vinalia would see Chistovodian tanks march south and attempt to engage Vinalian units in open fields. Vinalian forces would have to either meet them in battle where they could inflict heavy casualties while suffering heavy casualties themselves, or dig in and hope Chistovodian attrition would end the invasion. Vinalia appears to have built its army for the first option rather than the 2nd option. Vinalian units are highly mobile and well equipped, as the civil war showed that mechanized forces in limited areas of operations could make or break entire conflicts if the political or popular will no longer saw it as feasible. Something similar would be sought to do against Chistovodia. Although if Misto Myru would have reached the conclusion that war and invasion was the best option to enforce its will, it would not care for limited Vinalian mechanized operations, other than sites to attack with concentrated artillery and airpower.

Realistically, Vinalian forces would engage the superior Chistovodians in costly head first battles, after which they would be forced to ditch their heavy equipment and focus on fighting the Chistovodians in small-scale actions. Vinalia has a large stockpile of outdated yet useful Rocket-propelled grenades which would make any attempt by Chistovodia to take over Vinalian cities an incredibly hard procedure. A large section of Vinalians know what war is, and they would be united against a common foe. A bloody war would follow in Vinalia following the trend of the previous 100 years. Perhaps due to the outlandish nature of Chistovodia opting for the option to invade its southern neighbor rather than tie the noose, is that Vinalia has not worried to change its doctrine, or adapt to changes in its military acquisition schedule.

Vinalia acquired 12 G-7 Multirole-fighters from Soravia, fighters who can easily duel their Chistovodian counterparts, but for every G-7 in Vinalia’s possession, Chistovodia can use 10. Vinalia acquired the incredibly advanced KR-31 Missile variant, which would be incredibly capable of delivering the Vinalian highly publicized victory they believe is needed for victory. A sunken Chistovodian ship would deliver the victory Vinalia thinks it needs without considering Chistovodian lack of interest, or greater successes elsewhere in the battlefield.

Vinalia’s greatest defense might be its large population in Chistovodia which would be very vocal in opposition to Chistovodia’s actions. Vinalians would only need to speak to Chistovodians to communicate with them, military action against an eternal brother would not be seen kindly either regardless of Vinalian opposition inside Chistovodia. Such a move would seriously damage Chistovodia’s reputation and justify NVO positioning, even inside the Socialist world such a move would lead to condemnation. Lavana and Dezevau would oppose such a move and use it to justify their softer forms of Socialism, while Kirenia would have to thread the line between supporting the invasion of a friend which could easily trigger Soravia to focus itself on ensuring influence over the West and center of Coius, or oppose Chistovodian aggression and regain its undisputed role inside the center of the Socialist movement.

Although only speak of Chistovodian aggression is reserved to Vinalian circles, who have seen the noose hanging over their heads, and ponder what would happen if Chistovodia decided to force them on it, or threaten to. If Vinalia is determined to remain independent or unified, they should seek to remove the noose and or undermine it. Planes might be flashy acquisitions, but shoulder fired Anti-Tank weapons which Vinalia lacks modern versions of, would ensure Vinalian survival. Vinalia should prepare to embrace the attrition-guerrilla style of warfare that would force Chistovodian mechanized forces to engage in costly and a long conflict, instead of focusing on recreating a Great War tank battle. Pavlov knows this, and is in the hopes of this paper that the Honorable Omelyan Pavlov recognizes its time to rearm Vinalia. The same way that the Unionist Party has been focused on ensuring the country does not break from within, it too should look to ensure that the country does not break from abroad.

It is also our duty to ensure that Vinalia, a democratic and capitalist state in the Asterias. Remain away from the ever encroaching hands of Socialism, and Chistovodian aggression. Should it ever reach for that button. We must be proactive in protecting Vinalia, before the borders of the Chistovodian empire reach Ardesia. A border we might not be able to push back, as we did in 1993.

You've looked at 2 Free Articles out of 5 this month
The International Observer is the premier paper of note in foreign affairs. For 100 years we've provided the world with breathtaking, factual, and well informed coverage of the issues of the day. With over 50 articles of note, published by experts, a monthly subscription will ensure you remain informed and ahead of the curve with the International Observer. The Premier source of international news, and analysis. Sign up and subscribe.

© International Observer 2022
West Kirkon at your service glorious Reader.
Economic Left/Right: -7.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.62
I am a lost Memer of the faraway lands of Central America. Post Rock is Love, Post Rock is Life.
West Kirkon is a nation based around Bosnia, Croatia, and Montenegro with Trieste.

Union of Akoren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Akoren » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:54 pm

Phillip Sternberg - 31 March 2022

PNLAY and Zorasani forces "seize 55% of Pumtere"
Heavy bombing, use of white phosphorous and mass killings reported as regime forces make advances

Image showing the use of white phosphorous over Pumtere dated 30 March, courtesy Tagliche Beobachter
[/box]
Girota, Yemet- Yemeti government and Zorasani forces have made dramatic gains in Pumtere after two days of heavy fighting according to the official spokesman of the Zorasani intervention. According to Major Hussein Abdullah, “allied forces have seized 55% of the city, we are on schedule to take the city by the end of the week or before if ARPF units surrender.” It comes as the city was reportedly struck with white phosphorus and other incendiary munitions.

At a press conference with international reporters at the airbase housing the Zorasani command near Girota, Maj. Abdullah said, “allied forces have made considerable ground across Pumtere. Though resistance is heavy, the Kaabura units of the PNLAY attached to our 35th Motor Infantry Brigade have fought and operated with exemplary professionalism and capability.

“Together our forces have seized 55% of the city, we are on schedule to take the city by the end of the week or before if ARPF units surrender” he said further.

“Elements of our 35th Brigade have captured the municipal building. Efforts are now underway to seize the remaining 45% as well as liquidating terrorist pockets. This will be followed by an intense humanitarian effort to provide aid and support to the city’s populace who have suffered greatly under APRF terror and tyranny” he told the world’s reporters.

The spokesman rejected claims made by two Euclean reporters of the use of white phosphorus munitions last night. He denied saying, “the use of such munitions on civilian areas is criminal and such actions are not taken by either our forces or the PNLAY. Such claims must be recognised as the propaganda of a flailing terrorist movement.”

Kurt Hartmann from the Tagliche Beobachter produced images on his smartphone he said a colleague took from the outskirts of the city showing the infamous shooting flames of the munition.

Maj. Abdullah then accused the Weranian journalist of using “images from an historic and non-Bahian conflict” and then urged him to “avoid the urge to demean and besmirch the Union Forces fighting hard to defeat terrorism in Bahia. We do more for the stability and prosperity of a region decimated by Euclean imperialism than any other power.”

It is not known how many people have died in Pumtere, though reports from those on the ground tell of considerable damage and loss of life. The city had a population of 300,000 prior to the civil war, though 70,000 reportedly became trapped when the city was encircled by regime forces. The Bahian Association for Human Rights claims that it has calculated that between 3,000 and 5,000 civilians may have been killed in the city since January to today, both from Zorasani air strikes and the current siege.

There also multiple, yet unconfirmed reports that Kaabura units of the PNLAY have been executing civilians and captured APRF fighters alike. In one such instance, a Kaabura unit attacked and torched a village populated by the Andutu people, at least 200 men, women and children were allegedly killed in this incident.

The shutting down of all media in the country by the Girota regime together with the notoriously bad internet access across much of Yemet has made confirmation of claims and the sharing of information immensely difficult since the civil war’s beginning last year. This situation has been made more difficult by the Zorasani block on reporters passing frontlines where they are present. Several war reporters from multiple countries have been threatened with detention by Zorasani soldiers for trying to access areas beyond their lines. An Etrurian journalists was reportedly detained for three hours by AKHID, the Zorasani military intelligence service outside Aruvu earlier this year for trying to access the city while it was besieged by them and regime forces.

The Sergėtojai International has condemned the shut down on media access, accusing the Zorasanis and Girota regime of “covering up the inexcusable and unforgivable.”

The loss of Pumtere would see the APRF lose its sole major city. Its losses in terms of manpower since its failed attempt at taking Aruvu have been described as “crippling” and “irreparable.” There are also unconfirmed reports that its original leadership have been scattered by successful Zorasani drone strikes and raids by its Takavar special forces.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:11 am

Phillip Sternberg - 31 March 2022

Lead Elements of the PNLAY enter Lehir
President Iskinder declares 'the civil war is all but over'

Elements of the PNLAY forces nearing the outskirts of Lehir
Girota, Yemet-

Earlier today the forward elements of the People's National Liberation Army of Yemet entered the city of Lehir, the country's second-largest city, main port and the capital of the breakaway Ibabochian Republic during the 1970s. The city, which was taken over by various anti-Iskinder militia groups last August in the early days of the conflict, apparently offered little resistance as it is believed the Lord's Allied Forces, the main group controlling the city, withdrew from the city approximately a week before to concentrate forces in the defence of the city of Musaza further north, which the LAF have controlled since 2005.

President Iskinder was exuberant at the news, reportedly declaring to a number of political allies that 'the civil war is all but over' at the news. The retaking of Lehir will allow the re-opening of the vital economic lifelines that are the Lehir Spur Line and Lehir's port, through which Yemet exports its raw materials to the rest of the world.

Despite the recapture of Lehir, the vital infrastructure that Yemet needs to export its raw materials is likely to need extensive and time-consuming repairs. The Lehir Spur Line likely has many stretches that are damaged beyond use, and will need extensive and expensive repairs. Satellite imagery of Lehir's port indicates that the LAF blew up significant parts of the port infrastructure before withdrawing, destroying cranes, rail lines and scuttling ships captured while in port to block access or exit from the harbour. It is unclear how long this infrastructure will take to repair.

Lt. Gen. Jama Fadil, commander of the PNLAY's 'General Biruh' Revolutionary Guards Armoured Corps, reportedly cautioned that 'although the LAF has abandoned the city and we have not faced organised resistance, there are numerous small anti-government terror groups within the city and organised crime elements to root out before Lehir can firmly be considered restored to government control.' Ex-Lt. Gen. Hamid Ephrem, leader of the INDA, warned President Iskinder against declaring a premature end to the civil war, pointing to the ongoing conflict between the INDA and the separatist ANSA in the south of the country and the continued control of much of south-eastern Yemet by anti-government forces, most prominently the Kulo State.

History has proven it is almost impossible to predict when a conflict will end in Yemet. President Iskinder's optimism is likely misplaced, but as the previous six months has proven, perhaps Zorasani assistance means that the pessimism of Lt. Gen. Fadil is and Hamid Ephrem is likewise misplaced.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Caille-Sartoux and the Azure Coast » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:41 pm

ImageImageImageImage

Alexandre LaMonica “A.L.” Du Bellay, the patriarch of Souchon’s famed Du Bellay Family and the chairman emeritus of earth sciences at Deveraux Polytechnic University has announced the establishment of a new collection of major scholastic awards. The prizes, officially known as the Du Bellay Awards of Merit, will be awarded annually to winning nominees from a pool of contenders submitted from around the world. Details of the awards and A.L. Du Bellay’s decision to create the prizes with his family were announced at a press conference at the campus of DPU on Thursday.

The prizes include the Du Bellay Awards of Merit in Biology, Chemistry, Fine Art, Literature and Physics. Each award comes with an honorary doctorate from the University of Souchon (a partner in the new endowments) in Fine Art and Literature and an honorary doctorate from Devereaux Polytechnic in the sciences. A golden medallion and a grant prize of $100,000 USD in cash will also be awarded to the winners.

When asked about the purpose of the awards, Du Bellay pointed to the growing academic community in the Azure Coast, singling out the work his colleagues at DPU were beginning to accomplish. “Forty years ago, no one was coming to our colleges and universities for a world-class education. Today? We turn down as many foreign applicants as we do our domestic candidates. Our intellectual prowess is rising, and these awards embody that pursuit of academic and scholastic excellence.”

“We want the world to understand our commitment to unraveling the mysteries of the universe in our laboratories, and to produce some of the classic works of art and literature in our ivory halls,” Du Bellay said.

A.L. Du Bellay is a lifelong resident of Souchon, having obtained his Ph.D. in environmental science at the University of Bonne in 1977. In 1981, he founded the Du Bellay Corporation, a revolutionary new sustainable agriculture and biofuels manufacturer, one of the first of its kind in the country. The corporation was sold to the PSD Consortium in 1999 for $7.25 Billion USD.

By that time, Du Bellay had already branched out into biodegradable plastics for supermarkets and shopping centers, making him one of the first patrons of environmental commercialism. By the time he accepted a teaching position out of retirement in 2005, Du Bellay’s net worth was valued at well over $20 Billion, making him one of the wealthiest private individuals in the Azure Coast. He has since gone on to conduct a number of lecturers on renewable energy and the preservation of the country's native biomes, becoming a leading climate activist.

The announcement of the 2022 winners will be made on Sunday, May 1st in Souchon.

MORE HEADLINES
  • Looking to stock up on chocolates for Easter? Be prepared for sticker shock and rising costs, experts warn
  • Military deployments escalating in Brindamour Federal Territory, sparking fears of a major shooting war
  • Azurenne Football Management clears hurdles with Sartoux, now on track for its 2023 International Debut
  • New smart phone company KPSP could be preparing for 5G cell service as early June, CEO reports Thursday
  • Rising tides force the postponement of Stage XXVII of the Tour de Azure Coast; race to resume on Friday morning

Image Leave a Comment:

Andre_Charthier · Seconds Ago
I have no idea why someone would want to spend their own money awarding people for their work, but I suppose it’s better than spending that money on another private island or personal jet. If anything, it could be a nice publicity boost for the Azure Coast, which would be neat. I call dibs on the Du Bellay Prize for fantasy football, though – that shit is mine!

5,123 ↑ · 622
REPLY · UPVOTE · DOWNVOTE

Doom_Pal196 · One Minute Ago
Du Bellay and all his fellow rich neighbors can sit on a stick and rotate.

4,988 ↑ · 103

Doctor_Emily_Benoit · One Minute Ago
What an amazing opportunity for our country to establish itself among its intellectual peers! Ever since the war we’ve been trying to establish a reputation for cohesion, unity and most importantly excellence in academics, and this will be a great way to demonstrate our commitment to scholastic pursuits, the fine arts, science and technology! I only wish we could have achieved this milestone in our national pursuit of notoriety earlier!

4,631 ↑ · 359

Tir Hael
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tir Hael » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:10 pm

Saul Volcano
Envoy

Founded: Feb 03, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Saul Volcano » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:44 pm

High Court of Paretia sides with Tosutonia on abortion law case
The High Court of Paretia narrowly decided to side with Tosutonia on the case against their government's abortion law in a 3-4 vote. Striking a blow against the O Povo government's abortion law.
Diana Caetano (@dianacae87) | 2 April 2022 | Precea

This would come as the biggest blockage towards Cerqueira's government yet, allowing abortions to continue to be practiced in Tosutonia's jurisdiction

Judge Marisa Guerra lead the pro-Tosutonia side of the ruling

Precea, Luzela: Today the High Court of Paretia in Precea voted on the case of the federal government against Tosutonia's "Women's Autonomy Rights in Tosutonia" law, which went against the "Women's Cultural Reform" law of Cerqueira's government. The court voted narrowly in a 3-4 vote to side with Tosutonia, this would allow Tosutonia's law to allow Tosutons to continue abortion practices under most circumstances, despite the ban on most forms of abortion by the Patron League-led government.

The decision was decided upon the right of the constituent kingdoms to create laws based on healthcare rights, which the leading opinion of the pro-Tosutonia vote, Judge Marisa Guerra said the Women's Cultural Reform Law violated. This would become the largest strike to come against the O Povo government so far, as it would negate much of the federal government's power on healthcare law over the SD-ruled Tosutonia.

After the announcement of the decision, pro-choice protests across the country erupted in celebration of what is being considered a victory against the Patron League government. The Regional Premier of Tosutonia, Talia Caselles, stated that "Women win today in Paretia, not the left, women. The fundamental right for a women to care for own body will be protected in the land of Tosutonia and I am proud to be able to have our Kingdom become a beacon of hope in the Patron-ruled Paretia."

Social Democrat leader Esmeralda Falcão also stated that she was "joyful to see this, the Patron League has been reminded they are not as powerful as they think they are, the courts are here to protect the rights of the people of Paretia." After the decision some in the Social Democrats believe that Talia Caselles, who lead the creation of the region's abortion law against the federal government, is a new symbol for the party and likely candidate for leadership if Falcão ever decides to step down. There have been rumors Falcão has been considering doing so in recent weeks.

For the Patron League and federal government, there is disappointement and anger over the Court's ruling. Cerqueira stated today "We had already been distrustful of our court system after events like Trovão, this only proves that the problem that was there is prominent at the highest level. They have chosen that the liberal-left of Tosutonia can decide to go against what the people of Paretia voted for, and that is life. They have decided that the liberal-left of Tosutonia can protect the practice of murder against the defenseless unborn, which they claim is a so-called fundamental right. Of course Judges like Marisa Guerra, a friend and pupil of disgraced Judge Montenegro would have ruled with Tosutonia, her decision has made it clear that something more must be done to protect the unborn, against these unelected officials of the High Courts who are clearly politicized and biased."
Celebration in Paretian cities at pro-choice protests, anger at pro-life ones

Author of the Women's Cultural Reform Law, Deputy Premier Caprichoso stated she was "utterly disappointed" over the decision. The Chamber of the Assembly voted today to have the SIC, responsible for investigating the Trovão Case, to investigate corruption and bias on all of the High Courts in the country, including the High Court of Paretia and High Constitutional Court. Some Patron League members have considered the possibility of a referendum on judicial reforms against court "bias".

Falcão responded to the decision by the Assembly, stating that "They are angry they lost in court, now they want to tear it down and make it something more to their liking."

The decision will likely hinder some other plans on the Patron League's agenda in the future, especially on abortion as for right now the precedent is set that the regional governments can fight back against the federal government.

However the Patron League has decided that the ruling has given them reason to prepare to enact judicial reforms, which they now claim the judiciary is part of the pro-EC liberal-left. They have already voted for the SIC to investigate corruption in the High Court.

LIKE or SHARE
Public Media Network of Paretia

In Other News:
  • PARETIA - Assembly votes to have SIC investigate High Court for "bias"
  • PARETIA - Some Social Democrats call for Regional Premier Talia Caselles to lead party
  • PARETIA - Cerqueira vows "something more must be done" against "clearly policized" courts
  • COIUS - Cerqueira condemns use of white phosphorous in Yemet conflict
  • COIUS - Battle in Pumtere continues as PNLAY makes gains

REPLY | LIKE | DISLIKE

230 Comments

Union of Akoren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Akoren » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:17 pm

Allied forces score major victory as Lehir falls
Yemet and Zorasan retake vital port city back from Sotirian radical terror militias in rapid time. Comes days after Pumtere fell to allied forces to the west.
03 April 2022 | 14. Farvardin 2344

PNLAY troops pictured celebrating their victory in Lehir
In what could turn out to be a turning point in Yemet’s civil war, allied forces comprised of the PNLAY and Zorasani Irfanic Revolutionary Army have seized total control of the vital port city of Lehir. After two days of fighting against terror militia and the largest airborne assault since the Great War, the Girota government now retains control of the country’s largest harbour and port. The Union Ministry of National Defence reports however that 26 soldiers were martyred in the fighting.

The Battle of Lehir will go down in Zorasani military history as one of the swiftest victories, but also a number of firsts. The assault on the port city saw 1,500 Takavar paratroopers dropped onto the Lehir International Airport. The first wave encountered no organised resistance owing to the withdrawal of the Sotirian terror group known as the “Lord’s Allied Forces” from Lehir several days prior. However, they and the airport were attacked by terror militia raised among the city’s population. The Takavaran held their ground against waves of terrorists, enabling the second wave to arrive which brought light tanks and armoured vehicles, who then proceeded to push the enemy back from the airport’s perimeter. These vehicles made light work of the terrorist enemy, while the Takavaran themselves moved rapidly and destroyed at least 20 vehicles. Within an hour the airport saw the arrival of light infantry of the PNLAY carried aboard Zorasani helicopters, who provided much welcomed reinforcement and support. The successful capture of the airport marks a resounding victory for the 66th and 68th Air Takavar Regiments who descended from the skies under the Victory Banner of the Union. The airport assault will also stand out as a profound demonstration of the Union’s military capabilities and deliver the Air Takavar regiments much needed experience for future operations.

The Union Ministry of Defence however, confirmed that 12 Takavaran were martyred at the airport. 3 Land Forces men were also martyred when their helicopter was downed by a rocket propelled grenade. The families of the 15 martyred have been informed, may tulips grow from their blood.
Zorasani soldiers photographed in Pumtere

With the airport under allied control, the Takavaran and PNLAY then advanced to capture the Msakuzi district, opening the way for the main PNLAY force to enter the city uncontested.

Simultaneously, the Zorasani Irfanic Revolutionary Navy provided direct fire-support through the surprise deployment of two destroyers, the ZNS Qeydar and the ZNS Irvadistan. They launched a number of cruise missile attacks against key terror targets, including a warehouse holding weaponry. Above, the Air Force and the Land Forces’ UAVs provided air support for the Takavaran and PNLAY, striking terror cells and convoys of technicals who rushed south to confront allied forces.

With the arrival of the main PNLAY force, the advance into the city begun. The resistance was sporadic, disorganised and chaotic, certifying reports that only untrained militia raised by Sotirian radicals within the city sought to defy the restoration of order and discipline within Lehir. The battle hardened PNLAY, Air Takavaran and Zorasani fire support liquidated much of the resistance in rapid succession. Witnessing the sheer power of the allied forces and the pointlessness of their efforts, the terror militias began to disappear, many of which dumped their weapons in the streets or side alleys, returning to their families. By dawn, the fighting had all but ceased, the Yemeti flag was hoisted over the city hall and the cranes of the much strategic port, Lehir had been restored to the Yemeti people.

General Kamshad Kharimpour, the overall commander of Union Forces in Yemet (UFY) issued a brief statement to the Union’s media saying, “As commanding officer of all Union Forces in Yemet, I am extreme proud to announce that allied forces have seized the city of Lehir.

“This is a great victory for the people of Yemet, its government and its future. It is also a great victory for the Sattari people, the Union and our National Renovationist way of life. We have come to this place to aid a friend in restoring order and discipline once more to its society and we have made a significant step in achieve that goal. Zorasan Zendebad.”

Six months of zero maintenance and occasional confrontations between the LAF and local terror militia has left the port of Lehir in a state of significant disrepair. The Yemeti government has stated that the port is all but inoperable in this current state, as a result the Union Government has announced that it will dispatch both civilian and military engineers to Lehir to repair the port as rapidly as possible. Further army engineer groups have also been dispatched to repair the runways of the international airport and nearby air force base for immediate use by Yemeti and Zorasani governments.

With the fall of Pumtere taking place several days prior, it is likely the joint forces will move to secure Musaza, the other of Yemet’s port cities. With the capture of Musaza, the Yemeti government will be in complete control of Yemet’s maritime routes.

More stories
  • Union's martyred sons to return home tomorrow from Lehir
  • Central Committee meets following Tsabaran terror attack on three oil platforms
  • Emessa's warnings over energy concerns dismissed as "alarmist" by Sattarishahr
  • Union Ministry for Agriculture and Marine Industries announces plans to restrict industrial trawlers in Gulf
  • State Commission for Societal Defence warns citizens over "Euclean misinformation over Yemet"

Union of Akoren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Akoren » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:12 pm

Zorasan’s intervention in Yemet has been a success
Purposefully limited objectives, coupled with concentration of firepower and surprising combined arms cohesion has saved Girota – for now.

05 April 2022 · Written by: Mark Baxter

Zorasani troops pictured outside Lehir on April 2

The fall of Lehir marks a turning point in Yemet’s second civil war, the port city’s recapture reopens the country’s much needed economic lifeline and with control over the northern side of the Gonda River all but confirmed, the Iskinder regime now boasts a means to raise capital, import food and supplies. All of this was made possible by the Zorasani intervention, which has been a remarkable success if excessively brutal on the Yemeti population and here is why.

Limited objectives

It is abundantly clear to all that Zorasan’s objective in this intervention is the preservation of the current regime, whether that means Retta Iskinder personally is up for debate. The Yemeti State, or what remains of it is pro-Zorasani and no doubt becoming ever more dependent upon it the longer the war continues. Ostensibly, through regime preservation, Zorasan protects its $65 billion infrastructure deal it signed with Yemet and Mabifia early last year, that would dramatically integrate their economies with Zorasan’s, with the possibility of the project being expanded to include Rwizikuru and Garambura in the future. But a benefit of its intervention from the Zorasani perspective is the likelihood that will they now possess a long-term military presence in the heart of Bahia, further cementing its geopolitical clout within the subcontinent.

In-theatre however, the objectives also appeared to be considerably limited. Ever since its first troops arrived five months ago, the Zorasanis appeared to have one overriding objective, the recapture of Lehir. Virtually ever Zorasani deployment, strike, offensive and tactical operation was dedicated to this. During the five months from its deployment to today, Zorasani forces have operated near exclusively on the north bank of the Gonda River. Except for air strikes on targets in the south to support the Rwizikuran intervention and to cover the evacuation of the Modola Air Force Base, no ground operations have been reported. The Zorasani focus on Lehir led to an PNLAY focus on Lehir, that has enabled them in relatively and surprisingly quick fashion, secure the northside of the Gonda and retake the country’s most vital economic lifeline.

State media reports and comments made by Zorasani officers in country indicate that even post-Lehir, Zorasan may limit its objectives further. State media has claimed that the likely next phase would be supporting an PNLAY offensive southward to link up with Rwizikuru forces at Tawa and Kikasa, and support the Beheran assault on Terasa in the northwest. There is also the distinct possibility that Zorasan may drawdown forces and resort entirely to an air and special forces campaign, though this is yet to be seen.

The limiting of objectives does serve a purpose in cases, it enabled the Zorasanis to concentrate their firepower and manpower on the most strategic objective in the entire country, it also permitted them the self-restraint needed to avoid a larger deployment of force that would likely have been impossible to supply and sustain by road and airlift.
Limited forces, limited strain

One fact that seems to surprise many is the relatively small presence Zorasan has deployed to Yemet. According to various state media reports, the Union has deployed roughly 15,000 personnel to the country, 6,900 of which are frontline combat troops, the remainder are support staff and advisors. The only major formation to be deployed in its entirety is the 35th Motor Infantry Brigade, which was formerly attached under the 18th Motor Infantry Division based in southeast Zorasan. This brigade was seemingly deployed to Yemet due to its record during the Chanwanese Conflict (2008-2011), in which it fought and defeated a jungle-based insurgency. Owing to Zorasan being covered in tropical rainforest, most of its infantry based units have training in jungle warfare, though their decision to dispatch the brigade with arguably the most experience, especially in the realm of counter-insurgency operations speaks to their recognition of Yemet’s needs. Besides the 35th brigade, the Zorasanis have also reportedly deployed the 108th Artillery Brigade to support the 35th and PNLAY offensives. A battalion was reportedly identified outside Lehir by social media users. Alongside these two groups, a number of smaller formations of Takavar (air and ground) have been deployed to conduct in-country raids against rebel leaders, command and control hubs and to secure strategic positions.

To compliment the ground force, the Zorasanis appear to have deployed between 30 and 35 combat aircraft. This force appears to be comprised mostly of SAI Azakarkash multi-role fighters, SAI Ardashir and JH-7 fighter bombers, a near total dedication to close air support. According to Gaullican intelligence, the Zorasanis conduct between 90 and 105 sorties a-day, averaging at 3 sorties per aircraft, this is a significant number for a relatively small force, all three aircraft types being all-weather enables them to sustain the pressure on rebel groups.

A further 20-25 unmanned aerial vehicles, identified as mostly Zamboor-2 and Zamboor-3 types have been dispatched to Yemet. These low-cost and long-endurance drones have proven vital in providing Yemeti forces with real-time intelligence, but also have proven themselves in numerous precision strikes on high value individuals and rebel infrastructure. Within days of Zorasan’s intervention, a senior and capable ARPF figure, who had previously commanded field divisions in the PNLAY was killed in a Zamboor-3 strike, alongside six other PNLAY defectors. The Zamboor-3 has also been credited with striking rebel staging areas, hideouts and camps in rural Yemet.

By limiting is presence, Zorasan in turn limited the strain of supplying such a force. Due to rebel control of Lehir (no longer a problem), the Zorasanis were forced to supply their force and what remained of the PNLAY by the air and by land routes through Behera. This significantly reduced what was suppliable and placed considerable strain upon the ZIRAF’s strategic airlift capability. Though Zorasan possesses 120 transport aircraft, they have been forced to rely upon long-range airframes such as its two Shangean-made Y-20s and its domestically produced Il-76s, which conduct roughly 20 flights a day to supply the war effort.

Though with Lehir now under government control and no doubt Musaza in coming days or weeks, the supplying of the PNLAY and its own forces will become dramatically easier. Zorasan has already announced that it has dispatched both military and civilian engineers to Lehir to begin reconstructing the port.

Experience, understanding and learning

Another aspect of this intervention has been the way the Zorasan has utilised experience to conduct its operation. As stated above, the deployment of the 35th Brigade marked an understanding among senior Zorasani officers of the type of war they faced joining. Though most of the major rebel factions secured their power through mass defections from the PNLAY and opted to begin the war conventionally, both the PNLAY itself and the Zorasanis understood what would follow, a resorting to guerrilla warfare. Notably, the 35th Motor Infantry Brigade is a conventional frontline formation, but its experience a decade ago fighting insurgents in the rainforest of southern Zorasan covers the change.

While the Zorasanis have proven adept at using past experiences competently, they are gaining more experience that will prove irreplaceable, especially in the horrific event that it decides to intervene in Tsabara. It is gaining valuable experience in coordinating complex operations, the seizure of Lehir being the most prominent example. There, it managed to stage a well-timed (if hardly resisted) airborne assault using paratroopers, naval warships and aircraft. Owing to the cohesion shown by PNLAY units during the assault, I would proffer that the overall operation was subject to the command of a Zorasani, it was to well oiled and organised to be the folly of one of Iskinder’s men. One of the persistent weaknesses of the Zorasani armed forces has been poor coordination between the branches, especially its army and air force.

The provision of air support has long been pre-determined, rather than called tactically speaking by men on the ground. Rather, Zorasani aircraft are given targets in an area of operations to strike, regardless of the reality on the ground. During the Second Rahelian War, this led as you’d expect to many instances of friendly fire, this was repeated during the Chanwanese War. Since 2011, the Zorasani military as part of its wider reform effort has focused significantly on improving inter-service operability and coordination. In 2016, it was revealed that Zorasan had introduced Forward Air Controllers at the tier 2 level, many questioned the either the validity or quality of this decision, though with no instances of friendly fire from the air reported – which must not be taken at face value, there is a distinct possibility that Zorasan has mastered this development.

Brutality as the constant

One constant that has run through Zorasan’s intervention has been its brutality. The Zorasani way of waging war treads the finest of lines toward illegality, the premium resting on the rapidity of success requires shortcuts in terms of the civilian population and international law. During the Chanwanese conflict, the requirement to restore control over the border regions to halt the supply of black-market weapons often resulted in the complete destruction of towns if resistance was too stubborn.

Reports of captured rebel fighters being summarily executed also fits the Zorasani experiences of previous conflicts. Officers place a near obsessive premium on supplies, to the degree that feeding a POW would reduce the longevity of his supplies for his troops. This was a justification for numerous reported cases during the Second Rahelian War, though during the Chanwanese War hundreds of captured insurgents, whom Zorasan does not recognise as protected under international law by virtue of being stateless.

The premium on the rapidity of success carries a heavy cost for urban areas, the seizure of Pumtere was necessary to cover the flank of the PNLAY advancing along the Gonda and then up toward Lehir. As such, numerous reports have emerged that the city sustained a horrific bombardment from howitzers and rocket artillery, as well as from the air. Due to the lack of internet, cell service and the blockade on all media outlets accessing the city does provide ground for serious concern, hundreds of civilians who fled have described scenes as apocalyptic. The fact that the city of 350,000 people was seized within four days adds further anxiety that the rapidity of that success did carry immense cost to those who are not meant to bear those costs.

No doubt Lehir and Pumtere will now be subject to what Zorasani military doctrine refers to as the “political rectification phase”, which translates into the mass detention of local figures, officials and person believed tied closely to any insurgent activity. Due to the Zorasani depiction of the Yemeti civil war as a conflict between the legitimate government and “foreign backed Sotirian radicals” concerns for the safety of the Sotirian clergy is justified. At least 50 priests were reportedly kidnapped in Aruvu and towns to its north as the PNLAY and ZIRLF advanced, none have been returned since.

In conclusion, the Zorasani intervention into Yemet has been successful, it has achieved its objectives after five months and all but guaranteed the survival of the Yemeti government in its current form territorially. It will provide them with significant experience for future campaigns as well as boosting its geopolitical clout within an unstable region. Now, it may begin further operations or a drawdown, only time will tell.

More from the International Conflict Monitor

• Maritime tensions between Zorasan and Tsabara risk miscalculation
  • Kaabura units rise to become the most capable force in Yemet
  • Tsabara readies to launch "major offensive" against separatists near Al-Qasr
  • Euclean inaction in Bahia has upended the geopolitical landscape

The International Conflict Monitor is a think tank based in Morwall, that is dedicated to breaking conflict stories, events and providing unique analysis. The ICM hopes to utilise its wide network of sources to establish a greater understanding of human conflict, to then use that knowledge to assist policymakers in conflict resolution.

Union of Akoren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Akoren » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:08 am

The Central Committee has praised UFY

The Central Committee has issued a statement lauding the Union Forces in Yemet (UFY) for their role in two major victories in the civil-war torn country. The Central Committee’s statement said, “on behalf of the Zorasani people, the Front and our Union, we praise and laud all sons of the Union who through heroism, indomitable might and determination delivered together with allied forces, major victories against radical Sotirian terror.”

Over the previous week and the weekend, allied forces comprised of the PNLAY and UFY seized control of Pumtere and Lehir from foreign-backed Sotirian terrorist groups, scoring devastating damage upon the terror network. The capture of Lehir alone, provides much needed economic relief to the Bahian nation that has been brutalised by terrorism and insurrection.

News of the two victories, which came within days of each other was met with jubilation across the Union. The Supreme Assembly has presented a motion calling for three days of celebrating the Union’s success in restoring peace to Bahia.

The Central Committee met originally to discuss the sabotage and destruction of three oil platforms by the criminal regime in Adunis but were informed of the fall of Lehir during discussions. They swiftly issued the below statement:

“On behalf of the Zorasani people, the Front and our Union, we praise and laud all sons of the Union who through heroism, indomitable might and determination delivered together with allied forces, major victories against radical Sotirian terror.

“The victories achieved in Yemet will go some way toward restoring peace, stability, order, and discipline. It is our hope and aspiration that such realities all be bestowed once more upon Yemet and all Bahia, a region as deserving as any for such and the prosperity that is birthed from it. Too long has Bahia been a playground for outside powers, too long the futures and fates of Bahians determined in far off places. The heroism and determination of the 35th Brigade, the 66th and 68th Regiments of the Air Takavar shall confirm them as the vanguard of Bahia’s liberation from outside dominance.

“The entire Union and its citizens praise and laud the sons of the 35th, 66th and 68th. Their names shall be etched in our national memory and their images beamed into our hearts as the great shining examples of the best Zorasan can produce.

“Glory to the sons of the Union. Zorasan Zendebad.”

26 soldiers were martyred during the Battle of Lehir, the costliest battle the UFY had engaged in since the intervention began five months ago. 6 were martyred in fighting at Pumtere, killed when their armoured vehicle was struck by an anti-tank weapon. The raises the total number of martyrs in Yemet to 33, while the number of wounded has risen to 104. The bodies of the martyred are expected to arrive in Sadah tomorrow. The Union Ministry of National Defence has confirmed that the 32 martyrs will receive full honours upon their return to the Union.

It is not known how many terror militia were killed during the fighting in Lehir, however, the Yemeti government claimed yesterday that 1,300 ARPF terrorists were killed in Pumtere, while 900 were taken prisoner after they surrendered to the Joint Forces.

The Central Committee also authorised a further $40 million in humanitarian aid to be dispatched to Pumtere, to support the local population, many of whom suffered greatly under ARPF occupation.

More news

• Zamboor-3 strike kills senior ARPF leaders who fled Pumtere
  • Victories in Yemet confirm the Union's doctrine of guaranteeing peace and stability is sound
  • In pictures: Soldiers aid in the construction of new cancer treatment facility in Ravanistan
  • 100-year old veteran of the Solarian War honoured by First Minister of Ninevah

Eftekar is the official newspaper of the Zorasani Irfanic Revolutionary Army. We provide news on the good work of our armed forces and their serving of the Union, revolution and all Zorasani people. We give thanks to our revolutionary armed forces, the vanguard and guardian of the National Renovationist way of life we all enjoy and aspire to.
Last edited by Union of Akoren on Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Azmara
Spokesperson

Founded: May 22, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Azmara » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:12 am

HENRIK JORSSUN SELECTED AS NEW LEADER OF SOTIRIAN DEMOCRATS AFTER VOTE AT WEEKEND CONFERENCE
The 37-year-old Vice President of Westmaark has made a promise to "turn the party's fortunes around".

Ana Jonsdohter (@anajdohter)
05 Apr 2022 | Aalmsted, Azmara

Henrik Jorśsun on an ARF-2 interview in August 2021.

AALMSTED, AZMARA – The Sotirian Democrats have chosen the Vice-President of Westmaark Province, Henrik Jorśsun, as their party leader at their spring conference in the spa town of Nysted, Sompland in a landslide victory of 64.3% of members' votes, easily dwarfing second-place Liis Alansdohter on 23.2% of the vote.

A frequent critic of the leadership of Aansgaar Jonssun, who announced his resignation in December 2021 after continued poor polling, Jorśsun ran on a platform of revitalisation of the party, advocating for a diversification of the party's support base by expanding its focus and arguing the party's close affiliation with Gold Flame has in the long term tarnished its support.

Notably, Jorśsun has heavily advocated a "revitalisation" of rural and small-town Azmara and has heavily emphasised environmental concerns - in reference to his party's traditional colouring he has referred to his politics as "orange-green" and has advocated for a "decentralisation" of economic power through tax breaks and subsidies for environmentally friendly small and medium sized enterprises and has advocated for a "transition fund" to help promote more environmentally sustainable agriculture. He has also endorsed the "Buy Euclean" scheme, calling it a "boon" for "declining and decaying manufacturing industries" and "the towns that depended on them".

Jorśsun, who has served as Vice-President of Westmaark since 2019 and before that as the province's Education Minister, has also endorsed regionalist and federalist sentiments often associated with the Azmaran centre-left - the rejection of these sentiments by his predecessor is thought to have alienated many of the party's traditional supporters in the run-up to the 2020 election, notably stating that "all provinces should have devolution". However, these have notably been combined with a notably Azmaran nationalist stance - when asked about the possibility of a Tsabaran refugee crisis, Jorśsun stated that the "assimilation of any refugees taken on into Azmara" was of the utmost importance and reiterated the party's support for the points-based system on permanent non-EC immigration.

Now securely elected as leader of his party, Jorśsun faces the challenge of leading a resurgence of his party after it gained the worst result in its history in 2020 as it came in 4th place with 10.4% of the vote, being outdone in its traditional strongholds of rural Westmaark and Hytklif by Gold Flame and the Hytklifer regionalists and falling behind the left-liberal Radicals who gained 13% of the vote from a dynamic campaign focused on social and environmental issues and leader Ana Freidriksdohter's personal popularity.

The trend of percederation, the loss of support for centre-right parties to the far-right, has happened across Euclea, and while it cannot be fully applied to the decline of the Sotirian Democrats - the hard-right People's Party saw a similarly disappointing result in 2020 - lessons from parties that have survived the trend can be taken by the Sotirian Democrats. In Hennehouwe, the NVP's Fabian van Aitzema, whom Jorśsun is a noted admirer of, was able to reverse his party's poor 2017 result through a campaign focusing on economic populism and nationalistic stances which Jorśsun's proposals somewhat resemble. Elements of this can also be seen in the Weranian NKP's successful strategy, yet notably the "orange-green" strategy of Jorśsun runs up heavily against the reckless climate change denialism of Otto von Hoesslin and his acolytes.

Polling would suggest Jorśsun is the electorate's preferred candidate - against a baseline of 10% support for the party, it was found that if Jorśsun were to lead them into the next election their polling figures jumped to 13.5% - while this represents an improvement, and certainly higher than any other proposed leadership candidate, many of whom suffer from a lack of name recognition, it is a long road to the 24% of the vote the party received in 2008.
Image Comments [ 12837 ]
© De Aalmsted Heraald Inc. 2022

Image12837 comments

MORE HEADLINES
  • Overcast weather expected for much of the Pascha break. [ 12832 ]
  • Live: Zorasan intervenes in Yemet.[ 7504 ]
  • "Fulyk-Gelaaden" by Alena Birk, Azmara's Euclovision entry, reaches number one on music charts.[ 8932 ]
  • Lilijenburg FC beat Wucing Town 3-2. [ 18283 ]
  • Opinion: Jorśsun represents a dangerous, greenwashed shift of Azmaran politics to the right. [ 6147 ]

A republican social-democratic nation inspired by Frisian, Danish, Northern English and Scottish culture.
President: Harald Alekssun | Thingspeaker: Freidrik Aleksaanderssun
OOC Me: British gay liberal-socialist economics postgrad student. (he/him)

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Caille-Sartoux and the Azure Coast » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:14 am

IN THE SPRING OF 1947,
General Alban Serreau forced his Vague Rogue counterpart, Consul Alaris Darragon into a humiliating retreat out of Montreux-Romillé, securing Auvray-LaClair for the republicans and protecting the northern flank of the Greater Maïwenn Valley. Though they didn’t realize it at the time, it was the deciding battle in the decade long Azurenne Civil War, wrestling the last remaining territory out of the hands of the Vague Rogue. The beleaguered Councilist forces, haggard and bloodied, undertook an arduous trek through the narrow, high passes of the Skybreaker Mountains in the Southern Asterian Range to the vast, untamed wilderness of the Sythes-Juoda Basin. And there, for all these years, the fiendish group that once wrought terror upon the whole of the nation have been holed up, eking out a meager existence under the jungle canopy, rarely interacting with the larger world, let alone their Azurenne countrymen.

Content to let the Councilists rot in the humid, tropical foliage of the Basin, Serreau and the signatories to the 1947 Treaty of Sartoux made no real effort to dislodge the Vague Rogue from territory that was, by law, now part of the new Sovereign Republic of the Azure Coast. Occasionally, terroristic threats would be lobbed at Azurenne foresters and merchants heading in to reap the natural bounties from the tropical forests. Occasionally, those threats would escalate to minor scraps with counterinsurgency forces from the Grand Azure Legion’s mountain infantry brigade. Between their 1947 retreat and the turn of the 21st century, two hundred and nineteen people were killed during small but violent clashes with Vague Rogue insurrectionists in the newly named Brindamour Federal Military District, so styled after felled republican stalwart General Eric Brindamour during the war.

Since 2001, the total of military personnel and civilians killed in Brindamour has jumped over two hundred percent, with almost as many missing and presumed captured, tortured and killed.

Sartoux has spent almost $3 Billion USD trying to patrol the Sythes, keeping the scattered villages – many of whom harbor Vague Rogue terrorists within them – safe from assault. This futile battle, largely the fault of predecessors in the 1940s unwilling to pursue the wounded tiger to its lair, has drawn on so long now that many economists believe the country would have to expend almost twice its military budget each year for the next decade to fully bring the Sythes, a geographically narrow region of Azurenne territory to heel. It begs the questions, then: What is the Sythes-Juoda Basin worth? And should Sartoux be willing to pay that bloody price?

General Alban Serreau in 1950.
Assuredly, blame should never be levied at today’s politicians for the failings of their predecessors. General Serreau, never one to be emulated or revered despite his successes during the war, could have led his armies in pursuit of the Vague Rogue and brought the entire conflict to its natural conclusion. Instead, the wound of the Vague Rogue was allowed to fester in place, growing diseased as time elapsed. Now that wound is hopelessly infected and untenable, yet the surgeons in Sartoux refuse to amputate the infected limb to preserve the integrity of the whole. To think in such macabre terms is unpalatable to many, even evoking uneasy memories of the past and the potential for further bloodshed. But unless the Azurenne military seeks to firebomb the whole of the Sythes to eliminate friend and foe alike hiding in the tropical foliage, there seems no alternative besides separation than to continue expending blood, sweat and tears – and copious quantities of taxpayer funds – in the Brindamour territory.

It’s not as if we lack the vision to proceed without Brindamour soaking up funding; our Premier has discussed as much in the recent past. Her vision, combined with that of Sartoux’s willingness to concede to the inevitable, makes it tantalizing to envision what the government could undertake with the weight of the Vague Rogue threat untangled from us. To understand the mindset of Auberjonois, one need only take a look at her five-point plan that she campaigned on during the build-up to the 2021 general election. With her seat assured and her leadership role quite solidified
during the autumn runup to the polls, Céleste began transitioning away from her own race to the stewardship of the party, crafting a new agenda that would hopefully redirect the progress of the country forward again. With the stagflation era of the Yacine administration still causing residual harm to people in different areas of the country, the Auberjonois/PCR platform needed enough teeth to represent change without scaring away their staunchest supporters for going too far to the left.

Whether it comes to symbolize the revitalization of the conservative moment in Congress is, for the moment, inconsequential. It won Céleste and the PCR another majority government, and provides us with the ability to envision a domestic policy unshackled from military spending in the Sythes. How that could unfold can be prognosticated on with the Premier’s ‘five pillars’ campaign strategy:

1. Establish a central banking network to help better preserve the integrity of the Azurenne Devise. One of the most oft-discussed failures of the Yacine administration was his government’s unwillingness to interfere in commerce and banking until it was too late to reverse the damage. This laissez-faire attitude became a massive liability for the administration in 2017 when transitory inflation due to supply chain issues after a nationwide dockworker strike led to less consumer spending due to the higher prices. This in turn led to an economic slowdown which the government tried to solve by printing more money to “prime the pump”. Instead, investor confidence was shaken, and a run on banks to pull money out of the market decimated the system, leading to runaway inflation and a painful economic recession. The Auberjonois administration has sought Congressional approval to establish a stronger banking network via the creation of a central banking commission that would allow financiers (rather than politicians) control fiscal policy with respect to the Azurenne Devise and raising and lowering federal rates.

2. Keep inflation apace with the annual cost of living increase (the ACV) and wage growth. One of the great failures of the Yacine administration that doesn’t get brought up as often was the effect on wage growth that the massive spike in inflation had due to the failure of Yacine’s pump-priming initiatives to stimulate the economy back to life. With rampant inflation surpassing transitory status and economic contraction a reality, wage growth in the uncertainty lagged far behind the pace of inflation. The result for the average consumer was higher costs for basic utilities, food, medicine and more. The administration’s pledge to implement price controls and better money management would be a major bulwark against a repeat of the 2017-2019 financial disaster.

3. Reform the unwieldy, moribund tax system with a newer, simpler tax code. With much of the country’s aging tax code dating back to just before the 1973 Blue Revolution, many individuals and businesses struggle with making deductions and paying more than they should while larger corporations and wealthy individuals skate by having to pay very little. Auberjonois has publicly endorsed coinciding a central bank expansion with the implementation of a National VAT system that would simplify and modernize the nation’s tax collection and revenue stream.

4. “Spread the pie” more equitably, helping bring infrastructure funding and jobs to the poorest regions of the nation. This platform plank nearly cost Céleste the election to the party leadership last May, but it almost certainly siphoned enough undecided moderates who leaned left away from the FUS to keep the PCR in power. The wealth gap and income inequality has long been the country’s black eye to external and internal observers alike. Simply put, the Grand Strand remains wealthy while the interior of the country lives in miserable, abject poverty. Auberjonois’s pitch to begin reshaping the infrastructure of the interior and undoing centuries of grid planning designed to extract, rather than create, Azurenne wealth.

5. End the nation’s self-imposed isolation from foreign affairs and begin to approach international relations as an avenue to growth. Though this may not have gotten the same enthusiastic response from independent, lean-left moderates that her wealth redistribution pledge received, here again Auberjonois finds herself siding with the social democrats and liberals against her own party. For years the PCR has resisted intertwining itself with geopolitical headaches – the slog to get the country into the Asteria Inferior Common Market almost sparked an intraparty war, twenty years ago. Yet party insiders have begun bringing hardliners to the same conclusion the FUS reached years prior: foreign engagement can mean foreign investment. With major continental economies soaking up foreign investors’ cash, the Azure Coast has feebly sat on the sidelines, keeping the handbrake on our own economy. Céleste and the reformists in the PCR believe they have the power now to begin breaking down those walls.

Does this program of policymaking seem like a winning platform for our political leaders in Sartoux to focus on? Then why should we continue to see headlines on the growing crisis in Brindamour soak up not only our print space and network television time, but our taxpayer dollars as well? The peoples in the Sythes do not want Sartoux’s leadership yoke upon them, and they contribute next to nothing in the way of value to the larger society as a whole. If they seek to be divorced from the one political entity that would have them, so be it: let them fend for themselves without government subsidies or the protection of Sartoux. Let them ply their own way in the world, and maybe one day the two unruly brothers could be reconciled together in harmony, contrary to their contentious relationship today.

One way or another, a bloody divorce is forthcoming. The manner in which we contest this divorce in the court of public opinion now falls upon leaders who have the vision to proceed in life after separation, but currently lack the willpower to make it so.

Copyright 2022 All Rights Reserved.

Chemensia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 27, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chemensia » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:40 am

GOVERNMENT TO OPEN REFUGEE FACILITIES NEAR SOUTHERN BORDER

President Reginald Akinlabi delivering his announcement

By James Nnenji | 6 April 2022

Omamiri, FCC: After hinting at the possibility for months, President Akinlabi has officially stated that within the next two months Tiwura will be constructing refugee camps for those fleeing from the destruction of the war in Yemet. Since fighting began, Tiwura's southern borders have been a hotspot for refugees. However, with strong offensives by PNLAY and Zorasan, the refugee numbers have skyrocketed and the Border Region has been inundated with fleeing Yemetis. After months of discussion, the government has officially given the okay to construct three camps. President Akinlabi announced this mission earlier today to press and other officials. Akinlabi shared that "it should be within every Tiwuran's heart that we accept these refugees, as they have seen some of the worst that modern war can bring" and "that it is our holy duty to assist those in need, and that is why I am announcing the construction of three refugee camps in the Border Region." The three camps are all being built around 23 kilometers from the border, there are also more camps along the way after the initial three are finished. Akinlabi gave no statement if The Magadi Region will also see the same facilities being built.

Akinlabi also stated that "These refugees are inevitable, and therefore these camps will bring about a stable, systematic way of organizing the chaos that might ensue if the refugees enter with nowhere to go." These worries have been partly responsible for why Tiwura has refused to open these camps for so long.

After the speech, the President also noted his reasons for why this is happening. "Pumtere and Lehir fallen, and soon Musaza will be caught under the great destructive forces of war, so I believe that now is the time to act." Akinlabi told IsowoNewsNet. Akinlabi's actions have gained support from even many of political rivals, including almost all members of TDP.

Tiwuran troops have been reportedly deployed to the Border Region to assist in the construction of the camps and the well-being of the refugees. Around 50 military vehicles are to be involved in sending supplies to the refugees including food, water, clothing, and any essentials. General Alichie Richards has told the Post that "1,000 men are on their way as we speak to help our local construction workers in the establishment of the camps".

The governor of the Border Region Babirye Kirabo would go to the regional capital exclaiming her support for President Akinlabi's plan. "I am pleased that the President has chosen to help not just our brethren across the border in desperate need, but all Yemetis who seek safety." Local sources also claim that Kirabo is attempting to contract more local workers to help out. Several local churches are also to be involved in support of the refugees. As for the plan's funding, officials concluded that the Tiwuran central government will directly fund the construction of the camps, primarily with funds in the military. Tiwuran officials also appealed to foreign volunteers and foreign governments to assist in the camps' operations. Foreign Minister Jameson Okunwe chirped earlier with the statement "Tiwura opens her arms to foreign volunteers willing to assist the Yemeti refugees fleeing to our nation."

However, many detractors accuse Akinlabi of using this as a way to undermine Yemet's war and say that it will be used to supply the LAF. Despite the government's clear liking for the LAF, no reports have been confirmed of any LAF soldiers in Tiwura.

IN OTHER NEWS
-Rival sports fans brawl, riot police called to suppress in Elumbidi
-Wonli city officials announce plans to reconstruct city center
-Lehir falls to Zorasani and Yemeti forces
-Constitutional Crisis in Paretia? The Tosuton debacle explained
Gamer

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:41 pm

Home|Latest|Île d'Émeraude|Asterias|International|Politics|Business|Technology and Science|Arts|Education|Health|Sports|Opinion

BILL TO RECOGNIZE GAULLICAN TREATMENT OF NARAPANESE NATIVES AS GENOCIDE INTRODUCED TO SENATE
The bill awaits being added to the agenda by the Vice President, while marking yet another attempt at recognition of genocide

SHARE: Image Image Image Image
René Beaumont (@RenéBeaumontET )
7 April 2022 TIME | Port-au-Grégoire, Île d'Émeraude

Capitol Building in Port-au-Grégoire, where the bill was put on the docket

Port-au-Grégoire, Île d'Émeraude - Interesting news coming out of Port-au-Grégoire today, as a bill, called the Narapanese Genocide Acknowledgement Act, to officially recognize the treatment of Narapanese natives by Gaullican settlers in the early colonial period, which caused more than 75% of the native population to perish and an untold amount to suffer, as genocide has been officially added to the docket of the Emeraudian Senate. The Senator in question who wrote and added the bill to the docket was none other than Unionist Lorette Abel of Mathiasville, Île d'Émeraude's third largest city. The bill was also co-sponsored by a number of her fellow Unionists and a few members of the Worker's and Liberty Parties. Many Narapanese rights organizations also declared their support for the bill.

In the period of early Gaullican rule, settlers brutally repressed the local native population, and as disease would spread and kill many, full on assaults were made against them, like the burning of villages and the forced castration of men, to name a couple. Other atrocities would be committed as well, like the forced capture of Narapanese women to be used as comfort women. It has been debated for years that what the Gaullicans did constituted genocide, though over the years some have questioned whether this truly meets the criteria for genocide, while there have also been concerns over how demanding reparations would complicate relations with Gaullica. For these reasons, attempts to recognize it as genocide in 1983, 1987, 1994,1999, 2002, 2007, 2012 and 2015 have all failed to pass the Senate, as division among the coalition government's parties led to their respective downfalls. This time, however, there seems to be more uniform support for the bill, with some members of the opposition even supporting it.

Included in the bill is a plan to construct a monument to the lives of the Narapanese natives lost in the alleged genocide, which would be in the city square of Port-au-Grégoire. Also included is the demand for reparations from Gaullica, which may or may not be a deal breaker in the eyes of the Senate.

President Benjamin Claude was asked his thoughts on the bill, and whether or not he would sign the bill if it made it to his desk, to which he replied the following:

"I do believe that the actions taken by Gaullica during the early colonial period to the Narapanese constitutes genocide, yes. I hope the Senate shares my view of it and gets this bill signed. If and when it makes it to my desk, I would most certainly sign it."

The President's support is quite reassuring of the bill's chances, but then again, the bills that were proposed in the 80's had the support of President Jocelyne Louisette-Noel as well, and they both failed to pass the Senate. Speaking of the former President, we were able to get her thoughts on the bill as well, and she supports the measure as she did during her presidency.

"I do deeply regret the bill not passing during my presidency, but I am hopeful that it can pass this time with a stronger consensus among the people and the government that this was indeed a genocide," she shared with us.

As of right now, with the bill having the support of most of the population as well as a considerable amount of the Senate, the bill's chances seem good, but a lot can happen in a short time that could result in the bill failing to pass. It still has yet to be added to the agenda of the Senate by the Vice President, though some speculate that he eventually will.

Various Narapanese rights groups, including the largest in the nation, the National Narapanese Rights Association, applauded the measure, with the NNRA making an official statement that read, in part, that "it is long past due for this nation to acknowledge and reckon with it's past, take steps to make sure that it can never happen again in the present, and set the precedent for a future of equity." Other civil rights groups have also supported the measure.

While the bill has support, it also has a considerable amount of opposition, notably from the Conservatives. The chief concern among party members is the effect passing the bill would have on relations with Gaullica, which they fear may be "tarnished beyond repair", according to Conservative Party member of the Senate, Léo Rayne of Saint Clair, Île d'Émeraude's second largest city. These concerns are shared by members of the Nationalist Party, as well as most of the Liberty Party.

Regardless of the concerns, the NGAA still has significant support in the Senate, and most odds point to the bill eventually passing the Senate and being signed into law by President Claude. Who knows what will happen between now and then, but it seems that the acknowledgement of a Narapanese genocide is inevitable.

Image Comments [75] | Image E-mail

Alix Bertrand · 33 min ago
I do pray that these atrocities are finally seen as what they are- a blatant attempt to wipe out an entire race of people. May God protect the souls of the victims of this tragedy, and may nothing of the sort ever happen again within the shores of our nation.

25 up · 2 down

Maryse Joseph · 1h ago
About damn time. Hopefully it passes.

18 up · 3 down

OTHER NEWS
- Tiwura preparing to welcome Yemeti refugees
- Lehir liberated by Zorasani and PNLAY forces in Yemet
- PAG Pumas and Mathiasville FC to meet in the Emeraudian Arucian Football Final in Port-au-Grégoire
- Opinion: Zorasan's intervention in Yemet isn't about preserving peace- it's about replacing Euclea as the puppet-master of Bahia
- Vinalain Minister-President to visit Rizealand and Cassier

© Emerald Times Media, LLC. 2022 All Rights Reserved
Last edited by Deblar on Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Saul Volcano
Envoy

Founded: Feb 03, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Saul Volcano » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:48 pm

Home | Nainan |World | Politics | Economy | Culture | Weather | Science| More

Government begins new operations to crush organized crime
Both the Public Security Ministry and Van Dieu announced intentions to greatly increase cooperation in dealing with organized crime
April 9 2022
By: Nguyễn Đình Chiến

Public Security had already begun increasing their numbers and modernizing their force

Public Security Minister Châu Thế Trung with PSN and Van Dieu officers today
Setrong, Nainan: Today the Public Security Ministry began an operation to crush remaining elements of organized crime in Nainan, Public Security Minister Châu Thế Trung announced today at the Public Security Academy in Setrong. Châu Thế Trung announced today that the operations to crush organized crime have "already begun", and that they succeeding in shutting down two rings in Setrong yesterday, arrested the leading members. Minister Châu said today that both the Public Security Ministry and the Van Dieu agency will be working together, with some aide from the military as well, in this operation. This came after the government began to increase funding for Nainan's police forces and the Van Dieu agency.

Organized Crime in Nainan are commonly referred to as the Rễ Cây(lit. The roots), they have been active in the country since Weranian colonial rule, most notably within urban centers such as Trinhieu, Setrong, and Canhdong.

They were at their most prominent in the middle of the 20th century, when they were able to have enormous economic power especially in the cities. During the Patriotic Revolution, they were able to maintain their power in these cities and used the insuing civil war to gain leverage.

During Hoàng Viện Trai''s Directorship after the war ended, he began operations to try and weaken their control in Nainan, this operation took place in the late 60s and early 70s. Hoàng's public security forces were able to weaken their control in the cities and more so rural areas immensely during this time. Further operations done by future Public Security Ministries would also take place, however the presence of the Rễ Cây continues today in Nainan, though greatly weaker than what it once was, their control on some aspects of life in the city has been a parasite to the livelyhood of Nainese even today.

Public Security forces recently have begun to modernize their equipment as well as succeeding in a recruitment operation in the cities to increase their numbers, in Setrong over 900 new officers were just added to the force. The Van Dieu historically have worked to aide the Public Security in their endeavors but not too much, today however the Agency's Director Lý Lý Huy announced he will be adding more units to a task force meant to aide the PSN, mainly in this new operation, he stated that his agents have already begun helping the PSN in toppling crime rings in Setrong.

So far operations have begun mainly in Setrong as two crime rings have been taken out in raids by Public Security and Van Dieu agents, they also were able to seize much of their economic assets. State Director Lê Tranh Lộc stated that the Rễ Cây will be made "irrepairable" soon, stating that their influence will be "zero" by the end of this operation. The People's Senate today passed a bill to increase modernization of the Public Security forces even more.
Last edited by Saul Volcano on Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates