NATION

PASSWORD

Separatist Village Bombed [MT|OOC|SEMI-OPEN]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Aureumterra III
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 21, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Separatist Village Bombed [MT|OOC|SEMI-OPEN]

Postby Aureumterra III » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:35 pm

This is the OOC thread for the RP thread here

Some nations are pre approved to post through offsite communication, but those who aren’t need to post here and get approval first before posting on the IC

There’s no formal app, but just state your intentions on this thread, provide an RP sample, and just follow some ground rules:
No one line posts (please put some effort into what you post, it doesn’t have to be an essay but more than a "I did x" type post)
No war (this is meant to be a diplomatic and espionage RP, no war declarations)

As a disclaimer, some posts on the thread may have mature themes
Last edited by Aureumterra III on Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
♔ The Empire of Aureumterra ♔

IIWiki
TL;DR Nordic Oppressive Absolute Empire
Maintainence Thread (Outdated)
Esvanovia, Ajax, etc. member

New Antarcticania
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:42 pm

Kek
I'm in
Former Frozen commie hole somewhere in Antarctica. Now rebranded as an slightly less frozen and less commie hole somewhere in the South Atlantic, we out-navy the Russian Navy (This is less of a brag now. Isn't it?).

New Antarcticania
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:02 pm

The objective of the Antarcticans are as the same as last one: Contain Aureumterran Agression and Expansionism without starting A war in the Atlantic.
Former Frozen commie hole somewhere in Antarctica. Now rebranded as an slightly less frozen and less commie hole somewhere in the South Atlantic, we out-navy the Russian Navy (This is less of a brag now. Isn't it?).

Hidrandia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 20, 2022
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Hidrandia » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:20 pm

Im in. The objective will be to free iceland from Aureumterran (hopefully without violence)
The first Republic has fallen, Long live the second Republic!
me views here
NS stats are NOT canon
I took the test of doom scarty now dis
I have music recomend which is this rendition of Spasmodic
Nonesense test
I categorically deny any and all claims which I am a furry.
test 2 prism land

Oskenia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 17, 2019

Postby Oskenia » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:02 pm

Finna bust them submarine missile tubes open.

I'm in.
Last edited by Oskenia on Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‎ Republic‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ of ‎ ‎‎ Oskenia ‎
"Rafo nustro mödio y belvakier Oskenia!"
A modern, progressive Mediterranean island-nation rooted deep in Nordic and regional history. A socially liberal, religiously conservative republic with expansive traditions and history.
Master of None, Friend of All.
Civil worldbuilder | Realism-maxxer | Supporter of effort-posting | Eternally stuck in WIP hell

Aureumterra III
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aureumterra III » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:06 pm

Sorry if I missed it in the OP, but you need to be approved before posting

Also I’m going to ask for a RP sample before approving anyone, just added to the OP, everyone who has posted so far should give one, thanks!

IIWiki

Hidrandia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 20, 2022

Postby Hidrandia » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:17 pm

Aureumterra III wrote:Sorry if I missed it in the OP, but you need to be approved before posting

Also I’m going to ask for a RP sample before approving anyone, just added to the OP, everyone who has posted so far should give one, thanks!

Im new to nation states, and i havent done any rp yet. Is that ok?
The first Republic has fallen, Long live the second Republic!
me views here
NS stats are NOT canon
I took the test of doom scarty now dis
I have music recomend which is this rendition of Spasmodic
Nonesense test
I categorically deny any and all claims which I am a furry.
test 2 prism land

Aureumterra III
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aureumterra III » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:38 pm

Hidrandia wrote:
Aureumterra III wrote:Sorry if I missed it in the OP, but you need to be approved before posting

Im new to nation states, and i havent done any rp yet. Is that ok?

Sorry, but this won’t be a very beginner friendly RP

There are many other RPs on this site, though, so you can look around the forums and find some that are willing to accept, this will be an integral part of mine and a couple other nation’s lore so I’d like at least some decent writing experience

IIWiki

Oskenia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 17, 2019

Postby Oskenia » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:52 pm

‎ Republic‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ of ‎ ‎‎ Oskenia ‎
"Rafo nustro mödio y belvakier Oskenia!"
A modern, progressive Mediterranean island-nation rooted deep in Nordic and regional history. A socially liberal, religiously conservative republic with expansive traditions and history.
Master of None, Friend of All.
Civil worldbuilder | Realism-maxxer | Supporter of effort-posting | Eternally stuck in WIP hell

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:24 am

Okay, I think we've met.

My basic idea is...

1. Espionage (by means of people using a spy submarine, or an 'oceanographic ship', and later sending someone to come into contact with the separatists.
2. Humanitarian assistance, encouraging people from Aureumterran Iceland to immigrate to Allanea.
3. Later, possibly some sunbtle assistance to the separatists if they turn out to be someone we like, but not outright war.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Aureumterra III
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aureumterra III » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:37 am

Oskenia wrote:Writing experience:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=485069
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=487120 (Short-lived)

Looks pretty good, don't see an issue, you can post

Just keep in mind you can't escalate the conflict to a war, but most other things are fair game

Allanea wrote:Okay, I think we've met.

My basic idea is...

1. Espionage (by means of people using a spy submarine, or an 'oceanographic ship', and later sending someone to come into contact with the separatists.
2. Humanitarian assistance, encouraging people from Aureumterran Iceland to immigrate to Allanea.
3. Later, possibly some sunbtle assistance to the separatists if they turn out to be someone we like, but not outright war.

Yep, I know your writing, and sounds good!

IIWiki

Brettenwald
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:05 am

Tagged. As discussed via Discord, expect a little trolling in conjunction with PPC.
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

Aureumterra III
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aureumterra III » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:28 am

Brettenwald wrote:Tagged. As discussed via Discord, expect a little trolling in conjunction with PPC.

Indeed ;)

IIWiki

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:57 am

Likely going to engage in some financial shenanigans myself. Someone's got to bankroll the resistance, after all, and expanding VIA involvement would be quite interesting, not to mention that there are quite a few moneyed folks who see it in their best interests to be on the side of the angels in this regard.
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Aureumterra III
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aureumterra III » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:04 am

New Visayan Islands wrote:Likely going to engage in some financial shenanigans myself. Someone's got to bankroll the resistance, after all, and expanding VIA involvement would be quite interesting, not to mention that there are quite a few moneyed folks who see it in their best interests to be on the side of the angels in this regard.

Of course, and I've already seen your writing before, so you're cleared

IIWiki

Langenia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:59 pm

What if I...cut off all oil to Aureumterra? :thinking:
Last edited by Langenia on Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LANGENIA
Fatherland, Unity, and Valor
Overview|Armed Forces|LangenArPort| Incumbent President: Nicolas Furia
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.
Military oversight? Checks on executive powers? Nah.
Our foreign policy: a t t a c k. Also, war?

Aureumterra III
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aureumterra III » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:55 pm

Langenia wrote:What if I...cut off all oil to Aureumterra? :thinking:

Ofc, you can try ;)

IIWiki

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:51 am

Posted, had a small discord convo with Aureum priorly. Hope I didn't step on any OOC toes regarding my spy.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:21 pm

Well now I suppose I can dispatch one of my disguised Freighters to the area and do a little gun running and intel gathering, I might be out of practice I'm always up for arming separatists.
Last edited by The Black Hand of Nod on Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|We are the Black Hand, we are the upraised fist, our reach long, our power great, and our judgment swift.|

Aureumterra III
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aureumterra III » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:24 am

The Black Hand of Nod wrote:Well now I suppose I can dispatch one of my disguised Freighters to the area and do a little gun running and intel gathering, I might be out of practice I'm always up for arming separatists.

I don't think I've seen you around so I'd like a RP sample, but the premise sounds good (you're in line :p )

IIWiki

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:54 am

Aureumterra III wrote:
The Black Hand of Nod wrote:Well now I suppose I can dispatch one of my disguised Freighters to the area and do a little gun running and intel gathering, I might be out of practice I'm always up for arming separatists.

I don't think I've seen you around so I'd like a RP sample, but the premise sounds good (you're in line :p )

I'm a semi-retired RPer, about the only kind of RPs I get involved in anymore are situations like this because I find limited conflicts like this to be interesting.

This isn't my first time intervening in things like this though I'll likely be a little rusty.
Last edited by The Black Hand of Nod on Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
|We are the Black Hand, we are the upraised fist, our reach long, our power great, and our judgment swift.|

Aureumterra III
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aureumterra III » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:11 am

The Black Hand of Nod wrote:
Aureumterra III wrote:I don't think I've seen you around so I'd like a RP sample, but the premise sounds good (you're in line :p )

I'm a semi-retired RPer, about the only kind of RPs I get involved in anymore are situations like this because I find limited conflicts like this to be interesting.

This isn't my first time intervening in things like this though I'll likely be a little rusty.

It’s fine, and it looks good, I don’t see any issues

IIWiki

Aureumterra III
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aureumterra III » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:00 pm

Will respond to the messages more directly soon, had to get this pending post out first

IIWiki

Panagouge
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Panagouge » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:02 pm

I'd like to take a crack on RPing! My intention is to force the Empire to give up its claims to Aureumterran. Espionage is of course the way it shall be done. Secret submarine expeditions, for gathering intel such as radio signals, will be routine.

RP Sample
The hallway stretches ahead, dreadfully weary. Buzzing lights flicker, flicke4, flicker... flicker. Buzzing. Buzzing. Low humming never ceasing. Drab yellow walls, cracking dry paint, sloped barren of all life and color. Air barely drifts. Stale. Stagnant. Ivy creeps in and out the rotting ceiling, dripping, dangling, waiting to be ripped down. Dank smells poisons every cubic centimeter of breath. Wooden shrapnel and rusty nails stuck out through the half-carpet-patched ground. Ancient and weary. Heavy oak doors stand firm every few feet.

One such door creaks open. Black, disgusting boots enter. The door breathes life for but a fleeting moment. They promptly tromp along moist carpet squares. Heavy, rapid breathing echos. A creaky door is steadily inserted to its original manner. Some doors down, the feet end their loud shuffling. When they do, the oak entrance before them also creaks open.

Two pairs of eyes meet. A man in the shadows sits in a grand old chair.

"Good," he roughly compliments. "We must talk about the situation in Aureumterran."

Black, disgusting boots enter the room. The door swiftly shuts, leaving the hallway to not know what is to conspire.
Last edited by Panagouge on Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I exist, and so do you.

Aureumterra III
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aureumterra III » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:34 pm

Panagouge wrote:I'd like to take a crack on RPing! My intention is to force the Empire to give up its claims to Aureumterran. Espionage is of course the way it shall be done. Secret submarine expeditions, for gathering intel such as radio signals, will be routine.

RP Sample
The hallway stretches ahead, dreadfully weary. Buzzing lights flicker, flicke4, flicker... flicker. Buzzing. Buzzing. Low humming never ceasing. Drab yellow walls, cracking dry paint, sloped barren of all life and color. Air barely drifts. Stale. Stagnant. Ivy creeps in and out the rotting ceiling, dripping, dangling, waiting to be ripped down. Dank smells poisons every cubic centimeter of breath. Wooden shrapnel and rusty nails stuck out through the half-carpet-patched ground. Ancient and weary. Heavy oak doors stand firm every few feet.

One such door creaks open. Black, disgusting boots enter. The door breathes life for but a fleeting moment. They promptly tromp along moist carpet squares. Heavy, rapid breathing echos. A creaky door is steadily inserted to its original manner. Some doors down, the feet end their loud shuffling. When they do, the oak entrance before them also creaks open.

Two pairs of eyes meet. A man in the shadows sits in a grand old chair.

"Good," he roughly compliments. "We must talk about the situation in Aureumterran."

Black, disgusting boots enter the room. The door swiftly shuts, leaving the hallway to not know what is to conspire.

Sample looks fine, although I’m confused about the intention. Do you mean get Aureumterra to rescind its claims to Iceland?

(In terms of writing, also, I’d recommend cutting down on the amount of choppy sentences, you can combine sentences and it creates a much better flow. Your setting is also a bit tricky, since its a thin line between good description and a bit too much)

IIWiki

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents