NATION

PASSWORD

The Brotherhood of Malice: The End

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
RiderSyl
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6304
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:20 pm

Libertanny wrote:Koth, you do realize that Sakana has no capacity to speak on behalf of Doplomatic Corps of TEP and / or EPSA, and you might have as well been blessed by Roavin and it would make as much sense?

It wouldn't make as much sense, because Roavin blessing us would have been very very unlike Roavin, and then we'd have to search for the real Roavin, and then there'd be a whole chapter about Curious Observations narrated in the third person by an unknown character, then suddenly the Rahls would come in and...

... wait, whose fanfiction am I reading?!
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
Libertanny
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 134
Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Libertanny » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:20 pm

Frozen Circle is a rightful territory of The East Pacific, under the jurisdiction of The East Pacific. Not Sakana. If you wanted to raid a property of TEP, then I believe, that you should have reached out to leaders of TEP (even if it sounds ridiculous, because yes, it does), and not a friend.
Confederacy of Independent Systems was morally better, than the Galactic Republic.

User avatar
Quebecshire
Minister
 
Posts: 2289
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:23 pm

It's clear to anyone reading this thread that raiders only value their so called "partners" when their egos are bruised enough that feel they need to rely on them. They get a week of a high and suddenly they're shitting on them like they're as much enemies as defenders.

But hey, this definitely isn't a pattern, right?
Benevolent Thomas wrote:I founded a defender organization out of my dislike of invaders, what invading represents, and my desire to see them suffer.
Pergamon wrote:I must say, you are truly what they deserve.

User avatar
Scottiesland
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 120
Founded: Dec 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Scottiesland » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:26 pm

What partners did we hurt? I don't recall having raided with TEP or TNP? I just don't understand where you're getting that we are partnered with any independents while we have been shouting "Raider Unity"?
____ Muhammad Musa | They/Them | 21 ____
Taskmaster in The Brotherhood of Malice, Outside World Manager
Duke of Eprom, Marquis of Kammara, Earl of Upper Strathia, Lord-Mayor of Zelva, Seneschal and Monarch-Emeritus, Commander of the Order of the Crown of Sildoria in Sildoria

User avatar
Quebecshire
Minister
 
Posts: 2289
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:30 pm

Scottiesland wrote:What partners did we hurt? I don't recall having raided with TEP or TNP? I just don't understand where you're getting that we are partnered with any independents while we have been shouting "Raider Unity"?

I clearly said "raiders", not anything exclusive to BoM. It's clear that raiders (including those in BoM leadership with associations to other orgs) don't have a sense of honor or et cetera. Mayhaps that becomes a problem once this trend fades and they need to kiss up to indies.

I'm sure that won't be your problem personally, though, given you're a graduate of the Cormactopian Academy of Alignment Consistency and will probably just switch again when raiding goes downhill. :p
Last edited by Quebecshire on Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:I founded a defender organization out of my dislike of invaders, what invading represents, and my desire to see them suffer.
Pergamon wrote:I must say, you are truly what they deserve.

User avatar
Scottiesland
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 120
Founded: Dec 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Scottiesland » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:33 pm

Quebecshire wrote:
Scottiesland wrote:What partners did we hurt? I don't recall having raided with TEP or TNP? I just don't understand where you're getting that we are partnered with any independents while we have been shouting "Raider Unity"?

I clearly said "raiders", not anything exclusive to BoM. It's clear that raiders (including those in BoM leadership with associations to other orgs) don't have a sense of honor or et cetera. Mayhaps that becomes a problem once this trend fades and they need to kiss up to indies.

I'm sure that won't be your problem personally, though, given you're a graduate of the Cormactopian Academy of Alignment Consistency and will probably just switch again when raiding goes downhill. :p

"I wasn't talking about BoM in BoM's thread" great work Q
____ Muhammad Musa | They/Them | 21 ____
Taskmaster in The Brotherhood of Malice, Outside World Manager
Duke of Eprom, Marquis of Kammara, Earl of Upper Strathia, Lord-Mayor of Zelva, Seneschal and Monarch-Emeritus, Commander of the Order of the Crown of Sildoria in Sildoria

User avatar
Quebecshire
Minister
 
Posts: 2289
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:36 pm

Scottiesland wrote:"I wasn't talking about BoM in BoM's thread" great work Q

You good bro?

I can post it again,
Quebecshire wrote:I clearly said "raiders", not anything exclusive to BoM. It's clear that raiders (including those in BoM leadership with associations to other orgs)

It's clearly talking about BoM and its associates within the broader context of raiding and the poor-faith conduct of invaders, the phrase "not exclusive to BoM" means it is inclusive of raider trends including but not limited to BoM, not that BoM isn't included in the discussion.
Last edited by Quebecshire on Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:I founded a defender organization out of my dislike of invaders, what invading represents, and my desire to see them suffer.
Pergamon wrote:I must say, you are truly what they deserve.

User avatar
RiderSyl
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6304
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:37 pm

.. except you're wrong, because BoM has Venico.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
Wascoitan
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 172
Founded: Jul 18, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wascoitan » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:39 pm

Quebecshire wrote:They get a week of a high and suddenly they're shitting on them like they're as much enemies as defenders.

this coming from someone who spends all their time shitting on indies up until they decide they're going to start defending more is rich. remind me again what your opinions on TNP were before they decided to go defender leaning? I seem to recall some comments about "the america of NS"...
Last edited by Wascoitan on Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Addison Vytherov
she/her
I am she who handles salmon under suspicious circumstances
"if wasc think I'll ever take her seriously then uh" - kava
"i still can't believe addi doesn't like inftr's animation style. shameful" - iota
"I think it’s just because you’re so scary" - Phoebe
"I fear u" - qekitor
"you aren't a shitass" - Koth

User avatar
Varanius
WA Secretary-General, Issues Editor
 
Posts: 1317
Founded: Sep 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Varanius » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:40 pm

I do find it incredibly amusing that TEP’s attack dog (ironic I know) and the would-be-commended Libertanny are whining about a jump point for a region neither of them are even ROs of. Sure they’re in the region, but honestly, if a government member of TEP came out to whinge about their feelings being hurt by people who’ve long since decided they’re no longer necessary, let them. In all likelihood, they’ll probably just be screaming in the wind. And not very loudly I presume, orgs with as few pilers as EPSA probably don’t have very big lungs, but alas.
Last edited by Varanius on Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delegate of the West Pacific
Founding Father of the Sovereign Seven
World Assembly Secretary-General
Issues Editor


Belleroph wrote:We have Vara, a fucking shortsighted, self centered, selfish prick as the Delegate of The West Pacific
Sedgistan wrote:Custom forum titles have been applied to the winners. Vara's is big.
Haymarket Riot wrote:Vara is effectively the weapon of a political machine
Ambroscus Koth wrote:When Vara says "jump", the Gameplay elite ask "how high?"
Pallaith wrote: You preening showboating motherfuckers have just derailed my evening

User avatar
The Polar Vortex
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Dec 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Polar Vortex » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:41 pm

Hi there everyone.

I accidentally let the founder of Frozen Circle CTE. I got a message from Koth about asking if there was anything he should avoid messing with. I said I'd put it back later. That was all that happened.

I didn't specifically condone the action one way or another. (And I would clearly not want it to happen again or I wouldn't have refounded the nation.)

I hope that clears things up.

~Sakana

User avatar
Quebecshire
Minister
 
Posts: 2289
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:43 pm

Wascoitan wrote:
Quebecshire wrote:They get a week of a high and suddenly they're shitting on them like they're as much enemies as defenders.

this coming from someone who spends all their time shitting on indies up until they decide they're going to start defending more is rich. remind me again what your opinions on TNP were before they decided to go defender leaning? I seem to recall some comments about "the america of NS"...

Banter =/= Raiding their property

I seem to also recall you talking about how things would be "back to normal" with TNP within a month or so, this being around Stargate. Feeling bitter?

Nice try, though.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:I founded a defender organization out of my dislike of invaders, what invading represents, and my desire to see them suffer.
Pergamon wrote:I must say, you are truly what they deserve.

User avatar
A Bloodred Moon
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 481
Founded: Jan 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby A Bloodred Moon » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:46 pm

Quebecshire wrote:It's clear to anyone reading this thread that raiders only value their so called "partners" when their egos are bruised enough that feel they need to rely on them.

You appear to miss the fact BoM was partnered with neither of the two regions involved.

They get a week of a high and suddenly they're shitting on them like they're as much enemies as defenders.

I have seen no such behaviour. I see a raid on two targets BoM had no specific reasons to avoid hitting. Other raiders, those who have worked with EPSA and the NPA within the last half a decade (the NPA is, given recent history, somewhat more complicated than EPSA, but I digress), hitting their jump points would indeed be a more significant issue.

Fortunately, as is clear to anyone reading in good faith, that did not occur. BoM broke no military partnership because they had none with either region, and no other region who did have such a partnership broke it because they are not BoM. You seem to struggle with this concept that the actions of one raider military organisation can be separate from the actions and diplomatic relations of another, for whatever reason.
JoWhatup

Alpha Emeritus of Lone Wolves United - For Your Protection

User avatar
RiderSyl
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6304
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:50 pm

ffs y'all i specifically said this wasn't a report, i just wanted to show off the ponies

and what does NSGP do?

blow it up
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
Wascoitan
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 172
Founded: Jul 18, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wascoitan » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:54 pm

Quebecshire wrote:
Wascoitan wrote:this coming from someone who spends all their time shitting on indies up until they decide they're going to start defending more is rich. remind me again what your opinions on TNP were before they decided to go defender leaning? I seem to recall some comments about "the america of NS"...

Banter =/= Raiding their property

I seem to also recall you talking about how things would be "back to normal" with TNP within a month or so, this being around Stargate. Feeling bitter?

Nice try, though.

not particularly bitter considering we can clearly still beat you defenders without them. if they want hang out with defenders because of one simple mistake they can be my guest (or your guest ig). I wasn't trying to compare your """banter""" (banter implying friendliness or jokingly, which as anyone who was listening to you at the time can attest, you very clearly were not joking) to what BoM did. all I was saying is it's very entertaining to watch someone who has a history of disrespecting every single indie that dares ever even think about raiding suddenly turn around and complain about raiders supposedly disrespecting them.
Last edited by Wascoitan on Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Addison Vytherov
she/her
I am she who handles salmon under suspicious circumstances
"if wasc think I'll ever take her seriously then uh" - kava
"i still can't believe addi doesn't like inftr's animation style. shameful" - iota
"I think it’s just because you’re so scary" - Phoebe
"I fear u" - qekitor
"you aren't a shitass" - Koth

User avatar
Venico
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1396
Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Venico » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:05 pm

Alrighty let me get off my rocker and clear some things up. If you don't like your territory getting raided, that is a very natural response and I'll hand you the ways to keep Malice out of your backyard

Raider Unity, Maintain Your Founder, Sign a Treaty


I'm sorry that this hasn't been made clear before. We're here to have fun with our friends. If Independents have areas that don't qualify with those absolutes, then they should reach out and talk to us. But otherwise if you can't follow one of those three rules, well sport you may end up with our flag over your region. If you have any questions about this, reach out to me.

Now I would like to finish by saying that although I don't enjoy the pony aesthetic myself, I'm glad others could.
Last edited by Venico on Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

User avatar
The Atlae Isles
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1078
Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Atlae Isles » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:12 pm

Reventus Koth wrote:
Andusre wrote:I don't find fun in the raid of a regional treaty ally's property.

If anyone from The East Pacific would like to chime in instead of Andy acting offended on your behalf, my telegram box and Discord DMs are open. Until then, I remain assured by the region's founder that this is not a big deal.

For the record, I took Koth up on this offer. He understood that raiding Frozen Circle is an affront to TEP's sovereignty but he didn't care because we're 'not raiders.'
Author of Issues #752, #816, and #967
Delegate Emeritus of The East Pacific
WA Ambassador: George Williamsen
"Gloria in Terra" | "The pronunciation of "Atlae" is /ætleɪ/. Don't you forget it."
Collecting TEP Cards! - Deputy Steward of TEAPOT

User avatar
Venico
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1396
Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Venico » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:15 pm

The Atlae Isles wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:If anyone from The East Pacific would like to chime in instead of Andy acting offended on your behalf, my telegram box and Discord DMs are open. Until then, I remain assured by the region's founder that this is not a big deal.

For the record, I took Koth up on this offer. He understood that raiding Frozen Circle is an affront to TEP's sovereignty but he didn't care because we're 'not raiders.'


Raider Unity, Maintain a founder, Sign a treaty
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

User avatar
Quebecshire
Minister
 
Posts: 2289
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:49 pm

The Atlae Isles wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:If anyone from The East Pacific would like to chime in instead of Andy acting offended on your behalf, my telegram box and Discord DMs are open. Until then, I remain assured by the region's founder that this is not a big deal.

For the record, I took Koth up on this offer. He understood that raiding Frozen Circle is an affront to TEP's sovereignty but he didn't care because we're 'not raiders.'

I, for one, am shocked!
Benevolent Thomas wrote:I founded a defender organization out of my dislike of invaders, what invading represents, and my desire to see them suffer.
Pergamon wrote:I must say, you are truly what they deserve.

User avatar
Reventus Koth
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1186
Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:53 pm

The Atlae Isles wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:If anyone from The East Pacific would like to chime in instead of Andy acting offended on your behalf, my telegram box and Discord DMs are open. Until then, I remain assured by the region's founder that this is not a big deal.

For the record, I took Koth up on this offer. He understood that raiding Frozen Circle is an affront to TEP's sovereignty but he didn't care because we're 'not raiders.'

I now understand that The East Pacific does indeed consider this, to quote myself, a big deal. I appreciate your professionalism and taking me up on the offer, though it's unfortunate that TEP couldn't provide a single reason why Frozen Circle was not a legitimate raid target under the Brotherhood's belief system.

Obviously, people like Quebecshire are going to act like we speak for all of raiderdom, despite being asleep since 2015 and having no history with TEP. But Jo is right to assert that the Brotherhood's beliefs are its own, and we did not involve anyone else in our escapade into Frozen Circle.
Last edited by Reventus Koth on Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

User avatar
Nociav
Envoy
 
Posts: 330
Founded: Aug 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nociav » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:11 pm

Reventus Koth wrote:
The Atlae Isles wrote:For the record, I took Koth up on this offer. He understood that raiding Frozen Circle is an affront to TEP's sovereignty but he didn't care because we're 'not raiders.'

I now understand that The East Pacific does indeed consider this, to quote myself, a big deal. I appreciate your professionalism and taking me up on the offer, though it's unfortunate that TEP couldn't provide a single reason why Frozen Circle was not a legitimate raid target under the Brotherhood's belief system.


"Sign a treaty (but we'll make sure you never will)"
Last edited by Nociav on Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Reventus Koth
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1186
Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:15 pm

Nociav wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:I now understand that The East Pacific does indeed consider this, to quote myself, a big deal. I appreciate your professionalism and taking me up on the offer, though it's unfortunate that TEP couldn't provide a single reason why Frozen Circle was not a legitimate raid target under the Brotherhood's belief system.


"Sign a treaty (but we'll make sure you never will)"

If The East Pacific would like to sign a contract with us, I think I speak for everyone in the Brotherhood that we'd be very interested! We have no pre-existing relationship with the region one way or the other, so I don't know why you'd think we'd want to take that option off the table.
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

User avatar
Quebecshire
Minister
 
Posts: 2289
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:16 pm

Reventus Koth wrote:Obviously, people like Quebecshire are going to act like we speak for all of raiderdom

If you would like to attempt to establish a separation from BoM and the conduct of your faction overall, you could have at least made the effort to not post from your TBH nation (you know, the org you've been a relevant officer in as long as I've been on NS).

The difference between any of the regions operating out of Suspicious is negligible.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:I founded a defender organization out of my dislike of invaders, what invading represents, and my desire to see them suffer.
Pergamon wrote:I must say, you are truly what they deserve.

User avatar
Venico
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1396
Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Venico » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:27 pm

Quebecshire wrote:The difference between any of the regions operating out of Suspicious is negligible.


That is a very interesting way to approach it. Considering ya know the separation in well everything but collaborative military operations but ya know what man, you do you. My "faction" as well established by Mall long ago, can't read anyway.

Nociav wrote:"Sign a treaty (but we'll make sure you never will)"


If our actions make a treaty undesirable, that's perfectly ok. The lack of treaty isn't bothering any of us. Just letting you guys know if you're upset about our raiding policy because of any confusion about its details, that I'd iron them out.

Raider Unity, Maintain a founder, Sign a treaty


Those are your outs. Those are your protections from us. If you can't be fussed to do one those, no skin off our back.
Last edited by Venico on Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

User avatar
Reventus Koth
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1186
Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:36 pm

Quebecshire wrote:
Reventus Koth wrote:Obviously, people like Quebecshire are going to act like we speak for all of raiderdom

If you would like to attempt to establish a separation from BoM and the conduct of your faction overall, you could have at least made the effort to not post from your TBH nation (you know, the org you've been a relevant officer in as long as I've been on NS).

I have only ever posted from one main nation, save for a few posts on puppets here and there. This conversation would be no different if I were posting from this nation or Koth II, I try to keep my post count consolidated.

Quebecshire wrote:The difference between any of the regions operating out of Suspicious is negligible.


I don't think you actually believe that, considering just last night you were very keen on telling me how I shouldn't talk about a few paltry endorsements from The League as if they represented the bulk of defenderdom.
Last edited by Reventus Koth on Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grishahakkaverchynot

Advertisement

Remove ads