NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Addressing Domestic Abuse

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Barfleur
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

[PASSED] Addressing Domestic Abuse

Postby Barfleur » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:40 pm

Edit: Thank you Fris for stickying!
Edit 2: AND WE JUST ABOLISHED DOMESTIC VIOLENCE LET’S GO!

Addressing Domestic Abuse
Category: Moral Decency | Strength: Strong | Proposed by: Barfleur

The World Assembly,

Acknowledging that many cultures place the home and family on a deserved pedestal;

Rejecting the notion that any person has the right or privilege to deliberately harm a person solely because the two are in an intimate or family relationship;

Aware of the generational nature of domestic abuse, with children who see or are subjected to domestic abuse being significantly more likely to perpetrate such abuse as adults, and to suffer other forms of harm well into their life;

Asserting that domestic abuse is a matter of international concern, as:
  1. there is a fundamental right to security and integrity of the person, of the house, and of the family, rights which are disregarded by those who commit domestic abuse; and
  2. many nations, even otherwise respected nations, consider violence between intimate partners, or between parents and children, to be of lesser or no importance, thus denying certain vulnerable persons equal rights and equal dignity under the law;

Seeking to ensure that perpetrators of domestic abuse face justice and that their victims receive the support they need to rebuild their lives,

Hereby enacts as follows:

1. In this Resolution, "domestic abuse" means any one or more of the following, when the perpetrator is a spouse, civil partner, parent, legal guardian, or cohabitant of the victim:
    1. physical or sexual violence, other than a physical act done within reasonable self-defense;
    2. threats to inflict serious bodily harm, when the perpetrator appears to have the means and will to carry the threat into execution;
    3. preventing the victim from finding or maintaining employment, working, or receiving remuneration for their work;
    4. confiscating the assets of the victim, or preventing the victim from accessing any property which the victim has a legal right to access;
    5. administering any drug or similar substance to the victim, without the victim's consent, other than an act permitted under international law; or
    6. interfering with the interactions between the victim and the victims's friends or family or monitoring any form of communications with the intention of rendering the victim dependent on the perpetrator or unable to appreicate the fact that the perpetrator is engaging in, has engaged in, or is likely to engage in, any other act described in items (a) to (e).
  2. Each member shall:
    1. ensure that domestic abuse is a criminal offense under its law, with penalties commensurate to its effect on the victim and to the history and relevant convictions of the offender;
    2. provide that a violent or sexual offense shall be treated as aggravated if committed as domestic abuse;
    3. forbid the fact that the perpetrator and victim of an offense were in a family or romantic relationship from being used as evidence of innocence or as reason for a lighter sentence; and
    4. forbid the defense in any prosecution from questioning the alleged victim regarding why such person remained in a relationship with the defendant, unless such questioning would materially benefit the defense beyond simply rendering the alleged victim less credible or causing mental harm to the alleged victim.
  3. Each member shall require schools and educational institutions within the jurisdiction of that nation to:
    1. educate students, in a manner appropriate to the ages of such students, of the nature of domestic abuse, including that any person may be a perpetrator or a victim of domestic abuse;
    2. provide resources to students who suffer, or who know a person who suffers, from domestic abuse, including assistance to students seeking to leave any such situation;
    3. on request of any person who works or is a student at such school or institution, separate that person from another person who has been convicted of committing domestic abuse against the requesting party;
    4. refrain from punishing or retaliating against a student who is reported to have been subjected to an instance of domestic abuse; and
    5. ensure that students and faculty are aware of the laws governing domestic abuse, including, but not limited to, the purpose and effect of those laws and the authorities responsible for enforcing those laws.
  4. Members, in promulgating regulations or legislation the effect of which is to restrict or limit the ability of persons to leave their place of residence, are required to:
    1. consider the effects of such regulations or legislation on the occurence, detection, and punishment of domestic abuse; and
    2. ensure that while such regulations or legislation is in effect, there exists an accessible way for victims of domestic abuse to escape such situation.
  5. Members shall not reduce, suspend, or vacate charges for any criminal offense against a suspect by reason of the fact that the suspect has married the alleged victim of such offense, or has promised or otherwise indicated an intent to do so. Any national law or regulation which permits or requires such reduction, suspension, or vacatur shall be held null, void, and of no effect.

Co-authored by Tinhampton

Here's a proposal that I've been working on for some time. I plan on submitting on or before Saturday, February 5.
Last edited by Barfleur on Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Ambassador to the World Assembly: Edmure Norfield
Military Attaché: Colonel Lyndon Q. Ralston
Author, GA#597, GA#605, GA#609, GA#668, and GA#685.
Co-author, GA#534.
The Barfleurian World Assembly Mission may be found at Suite 59, South-West Building, WAHQ.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:56 pm

For reference, GA 399 s 5:

5. Assures member nations of the exclusive right to determine purely internal arms trading and firearm policy, excepting:
    a. those regulations recognized by the terms of this resolution or extant international law,
    b. future regulations which seek to prevent firearms from being sold to or used by individuals that pose a danger of performing imminent lawless action, or
    c. future resolutions which seek to relax regulations on purchasing firearms for recreational reasons only;
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Barfleur
Ambassador

Postby Barfleur » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:37 pm

Thank you IA for posting the relevant part of GA#399. My clause 3 relies on GA#399's section 5(b), on the grounds that convicted domestic abusers are likely to use a firearm to commit further violence against members of the same household. See Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence:
Firearms contribute significantly to domestic violence in the U.S. — to threaten, to coerce, to control, and to kill. Around 4.5 million women in the United States have been threatened with a gun, and nearly 1 million women have been shot or shot at by an intimate partner. Over half of all intimate partner homicides are committed with guns. Indeed, a woman is five times more likely to be murdered when her abuser has access to a gun. To reduce the number of domestic violence homicides, we must ensure that people who abuse their intimate partners or family do not have access to firearms.

See also US Dept. of Justice:
“According to the CDC, data suggests that about one in six homicide victims are killed by an intimate partner,” said ATF Acting Director Lombardo. “Nearly half of female homicide victims in the U.S. are killed by a current or former male intimate partner.
Co-author, GA#534.
The Barfleurian World Assembly Mission may be found at Suite 59, South-West Building, WAHQ.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:24 pm

The test in GA 399 s 5(b) requires 'imminence', which can't be satisfied merely by the possibility (even if likely) of some lawless action occurring at some indefinite future time. It needs to be imminent, ie about to occur.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Barfleur
Ambassador

Postby Barfleur » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:00 pm

Amended my clause 3 to weaken the requirements--which is something I regret I have to do, as DV felons are about the only population I think should be categorically barred from gun ownership, given their proven history of violence and their high propensity to future violence, menacing, and coercion. However, I want the rest of the proposal to be legal, so I must do what I must do.

Also added clause 5, item (a) of which serves to assist abuse survivors in accessing welfare and other benefits to prevent them from sliding into poverty or being subjected to economic coercion, and item (b) of which seeks to ensure that people who have left abusive situations are able to defend themselves from harm.
Co-author, GA#534.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:15 pm

Barfleur wrote:Amended my clause 3 to weaken the requirements--which is something I regret I have to do, as DV felons are about the only population I think should be categorically barred from gun ownership, given their proven history of violence and their high propensity to future violence, menacing, and coercion. However, I want the rest of the proposal to be legal, so I must do what I must do.

Also added clause 5, item (a) of which serves to assist abuse survivors in accessing welfare and other benefits to prevent them from sliding into poverty or being subjected to economic coercion, and item (b) of which seeks to ensure that people who have left abusive situations are able to defend themselves from harm.

"Ambassador, I am not certain that your correction avoids conflict with GAR399. The only condition under which the WA can regulate domestic firearms is preventing imminent lawless action. I doubt any restriction limiting DV perpetrators' access internationally can survive that requirement."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Barfleur
Ambassador

Postby Barfleur » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:56 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Barfleur wrote:Amended my clause 3 to weaken the requirements--which is something I regret I have to do, as DV felons are about the only population I think should be categorically barred from gun ownership, given their proven history of violence and their high propensity to future violence, menacing, and coercion. However, I want the rest of the proposal to be legal, so I must do what I must do.

"Ambassador, I am not certain that your correction avoids conflict with GAR399. The only condition under which the WA can regulate domestic firearms is preventing imminent lawless action. I doubt any restriction limiting DV perpetrators' access internationally can survive that requirement."

"I agree with Ambassador Bell, and have consequently amended clause 3 to track the 'imminent' requirement of GA#399. I have also added clause 6, which seeks to mitigate the effects of nationally-imposed lockdowns on domestic violence and child harm, an unfortunately well-documented phenomenon."
Co-author, GA#534.

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:42 am

We suggest that the author double-check the spelling of clause 5.

Madeleine Kofelgas
Deputy WA Ambassador
Moderately Liberal Unitary Republic of Goobergunchia

Barfleur
Ambassador

Postby Barfleur » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:55 am

"We thank the esteemed delegate from the Moderately Liberal Unitary Republic. We are also pleased to add the delegation from Tinhampton as a coauthor, having taken--with Assistant Delegate-Ambassador Venkman's permission--their words for our clause 7. For the original text as submitted by the Tinhamptonian delegation, see the proposal 'Prohibit Marry-Your-Rapist Clauses,' which should be on file with the clerk."

OOC: In taking the idea and words for clause 7, I expanded its scope to include non-sexual crimes as well as rape and sexual abuse. This should sidestep the questions concerning the original proposal's compatibility with GA#240.
Co-author, GA#534.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:58 am

To confirm that I am completely okay with Barfleur pillaging whatever he likes from PMYRC - including his current A7.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Barfleur
Ambassador

Postby Barfleur » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:06 pm

OOC: Amended clause 4 to additionally forbid schools from punishing students who report domestic abuse, even if by policy they should not have been in a relationship with the perpetrator in the first place. This will remove a significant barrier to the reporting of crimes involving abuse, and will ensure that the only person punished is the perpetrator.
Co-author, GA#534.

Princess Rainbow Sparkles
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Princess Rainbow Sparkles » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:40 pm

As per my usual custom, I'll offer criticism a few points at a time and see where that gets us.

Barfleur wrote:Category: Moral Decency (?) | Strength: Mild (?)

Civil Rights is the correct category. I'll explain the reason. Moral Decency proposals curtail individual rights to achieve some desirable end. Most environmental proposals would be Moral Decency if there weren't a specific category for them. Moral Decency stops people from exercising an inherent liberty (lets say, a general economic freedom or freedom to control their own property) to achieve some desirable end (avoid catastrophic ecosystem collapse, avoid a poisoned water supply, etc.).

Applying that principle here, by framing this as Moral Decency you're saying that individuals would ordinarily have a "right" to abuse others, but that we need to curtail that "right" to achieve some end. Hopefully, I've already convinced you that would be the wrong conception simply by laying it out.

If not, consider that Civil Rights proposals serve to enhance and protect individual rights. Is there a personal right being protected here? Obviously, the right of the victim to have home security and to not to suffer a particular kind of harm. I suppose you could theoretically approach this from the angle that no one has a right to be free from violence in their home, and that people inherently have the right to use violence on others unless specifically curtailed. I don't want to live in that world with you. That's also not the flavor I got from your preamble where you explicitly reject the idea that anyone has a right to deliberately harm someone else by virtue of their domestic relationship.

Civil Rights is the correct category. Probably significant.

Barfleur wrote:Each member nation shall:... forbid the defense, in any criminal prosecution, from questioning the alleged victim regarding why such person remained in a relationship with the defendant.

I'd object to this. Due process of law is too important for you to sabotage in this way. You're tilting the scales and interfering with a fair trial. A person who claims to be a victim of repeated violence from the same person can fairly be questioned about why, if that were true, they would stay in such a relationship. The question is relevant and material to evaluating credibility. I've also seen it reveal an interest that gives rise to a motive to lie. That said there are also many reasonable answers to that question that improve rather than harm a person's credibility. And, even where an accuser does not or cannot supply a satisfactory answer themselves, the state can effectively respond if the truth is on their side: there are many experts in domestic violence who can explain to a judge or jury why a person may have been psychologically unable to separate themselves from an abuser.

But you have to let the defense point out when a person's behavior seems inconsistent with their allegations, or you're prejudicing the process. You cannot shield an accuser from open-ended questions about the circumstances surrounding allegations - particularly when they touch on credibility - without critically impinging a defendant's right to a fair trial. If the state's case cannot survive the asking of the question "if that's true then why would you stay," you do a disservice by shielding the jury from its light.

I'll start with that.

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:47 am

"Closely related to the foul deeds of 1(a)(iii) is preventing the victim from having outside social contacts, or otherwise mediating or monitoring all social activity outside the home. Without a set of friends to fall back on and keep them grounded, many victims never realize that 'this isn't normal.' Removing that grounding has no purpose other than to keep the victim ensnared."
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Barfleur
Ambassador

Postby Barfleur » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:52 pm

Princess Rainbow Sparkles wrote:
Barfleur wrote:Category: Moral Decency (?) | Strength: Mild (?)

Civil Rights is the correct category. I'll explain the reason. Moral Decency proposals curtail individual rights to achieve some desirable end. Most environmental proposals would be Moral Decency if there weren't a specific category for them. Moral Decency stops people from exercising an inherent liberty (lets say, a general economic freedom or freedom to control their own property) to achieve some desirable end (avoid catastrophic ecosystem collapse, avoid a poisoned water supply, etc.).

Applying that principle here, by framing this as Moral Decency you're saying that individuals would ordinarily have a "right" to abuse others, but that we need to curtail that "right" to achieve some end. Hopefully, I've already convinced you that would be the wrong conception simply by laying it out.

If not, consider that Civil Rights proposals serve to enhance and protect individual rights. Is there a personal right being protected here? Obviously, the right of the victim to have home security and to not to suffer a particular kind of harm. I suppose you could theoretically approach this from the angle that no one has a right to be free from violence in their home, and that people inherently have the right to use violence on others unless specifically curtailed. I don't want to live in that world with you. That's also not the flavor I got from your preamble where you explicitly reject the idea that anyone has a right to deliberately harm someone else by virtue of their domestic relationship.

Civil Rights is the correct category. Probably significant.

"That is good advice, and I do appreciate the lesson on proper categorization--a skill which you do not usually appreciate until you absolutely need it! I have taken the advice and changed the category to 'civil rights,' and will probably keep the strength at 'mild,' though that is subject to change."

Barfleur wrote:Each member nation shall:... forbid the defense, in any criminal prosecution, from questioning the alleged victim regarding why such person remained in a relationship with the defendant.

I'd object to this. Due process of law is too important for you to sabotage in this way. You're tilting the scales and interfering with a fair trial. A person who claims to be a victim of repeated violence from the same person can fairly be questioned about why, if that were true, they would stay in such a relationship. The question is relevant and material to evaluating credibility. I've also seen it reveal an interest that gives rise to a motive to lie. That said there are also many reasonable answers to that question that improve rather than harm a person's credibility. And, even where an accuser does not or cannot supply a satisfactory answer themselves, the state can effectively respond if the truth is on their side: there are many experts in domestic violence who can explain to a judge or jury why a person may have been psychologically unable to separate themselves from an abuser.

But you have to let the defense point out when a person's behavior seems inconsistent with their allegations, or you're prejudicing the process. You cannot shield an accuser from open-ended questions about the circumstances surrounding allegations - particularly when they touch on credibility - without critically impinging a defendant's right to a fair trial. If the state's case cannot survive the asking of the question "if that's true then why would you stay," you do a disservice by shielding the jury from its light.

I'll start with that.

"That is also good advice, and I agree that due process--even for those accused of terrible crimes--is too important to risk throwing away. Therefore, I have qualified clause 2(d) to ensure that the defense does have a right to ask that question, but only if they have a legitimate reason to do so. In any case, the World Assembly and courts of law ought not to be encouraging or allowing unnecessary character assassination."

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:"Closely related to the foul deeds of 1(a)(iii) is preventing the victim from having outside social contacts, or otherwise mediating or monitoring all social activity outside the home. Without a set of friends to fall back on and keep them grounded, many victims never realize that 'this isn't normal.' Removing that grounding has no purpose other than to keep the victim ensnared."

"Amended. Thank you for the feedback."
Co-author, GA#534.

Barfleur
Ambassador

Postby Barfleur » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:40 am

OOC: Now that I am less busy, I will think about submitting in the coming weeks. The substance and idea of the proposal itself seems to be fairly uncontroversial (at least from the feedback I have received), so I have high hopes for this.

Anything you think should be added or taken out?
Co-author, GA#534.

Desmosthenes and Burke
GA Secretariat

Founded: Oct 07, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Desmosthenes and Burke » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:02 pm

Barfleur wrote:OOC: Now that I am less busy, I will think about submitting in the coming weeks. The substance and idea of the proposal itself seems to be fairly uncontroversial (at least from the feedback I have received), so I have high hopes for this.

Anything you think should be added or taken out?

My only reservation is clause 3, as I tend to agree with Sep's insinuation that there is no form of that clause that can ever be legal.
GA Links: Proposal Rules | GenSec Procedures | Questions and Answers | Passed Resolutions
Late 30s French Married in NYC
Mostly Catholic, Libertarian-ish supporter of Le Rassemblement Nationale and Republican Party
Current Ambassador: Iulia Larcensis Metili, Legatus Plenipotentis
WA Elite Oligarch since 2023
National Sovereigntist
Name: Demosthenes and Burke
Language: Latin + Numerous tribal languages
Majority Party and Ideology: Aurora Latine - Roman Nationalism, Liberal Conservatism

Hébreux 13:2 - N’oubliez pas l’hospitalité car, grâce à elle, certains, sans le savoir, ont accueilli des anges.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:42 pm

As this is written, I do think that as it limits people's actions it counts as 'Moral Decency' rather than 'Civil Rights'.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Barfleur
Ambassador

Postby Barfleur » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:54 pm

OOC: I will submit this by next Friday. I have also removed clause 3 in its entirety and changed the category from "civil rights" to "moral decency." I believe this is the right choice, as the proposal would protect individuals primarily from actions by other individuals, rather than by any state authority, and relies on near-universal moral values regarding the family and the home. But if there are others who disagree, by all means let me know.
Co-author, GA#534.

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:14 pm

We continue to suggest that the author double-check the spelling of what is now clause 6.

Madeleine Kofelgas
Deputy WA Ambassador
Moderately Liberal Unitary Republic of Goobergunchia

Barfleur
Ambassador

Postby Barfleur » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:56 pm

"We appreciate the eagle eyes of Deputy Ambassador Kofelgas. It is henceforth ordered that diplomacy shall not be carried out using mobile devices, even those belonging to MacGeorge himself. I also suppose this counts as a last call."
Co-author, GA#534.

Apatosaurus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 17, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Apatosaurus » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:55 pm

"Apatosaurus offers its full support to this proposal."
This signature stands with Palestine.

End the continued practice of bombing houses, museums, refugee camps, ambulances, and churches.
WA Ambassador: Ambrose Scott; further detail on WA delegation in factbooks. Nation overview.

Barfleur
Ambassador

Postby Barfleur » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:40 am

OOC: I have submitted this proposal in a slimmed-down format to comply with the word count. Delegates can approve here. The campaign will commence shortly.
Co-author, GA#534.

Barfleur
Ambassador

Postby Barfleur » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:27 am

With 57 approvals, the proposal is now in queue. It will be up for a vote after the present proposal is finished (likely passed, given the margin) and Minskiev’s proposal to repeal AtLES.
Co-author, GA#534.

Gemeinschaftsland
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 31, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gemeinschaftsland » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:57 am

The Europeian Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote FOR the General Assembly Resolution, Addressing Domestic Abuse.
Its reasoning may be found here.

Gem
That omnisexual sea otter who does stuff in The East Pacific and Europeia

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:08 am

The Rejected Realms World Assembly Office recommends a vote FOR “Addressing Domestic Abuse”.
Recommendation | Voting Thread

We find that this proposal covers this area of legislation well enough to vote for. While there may be a few typos here and there, reasonable in 1a is vague, and providing resources to students who don't actually suffer from domestic abuse under 3b is questionable in some cases, none of these are major enough to vote against. Domestic abuse is an important topic and this proposal should curtail instances of it internationally.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives