NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT #1] Protecting Against Identity Theft

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

[DRAFT #1] Protecting Against Identity Theft

Postby Untecna » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:37 am

OOC: I've had this as a draft on a Google Doc for a while, figured I'd finally post it here

IC: "My fellow ambassadors, I wish to present a replacement after the repeal of Resolution #110, which defended against identity theft. My proposal should fix the issues of the previous, and I wish to begin a drafting period on it within the Assembly."

Protecting Against Identity Theft
Category: International Security | Strength: Mild

The World Assembly,

Noting the absence of identity theft legislation in this assembly,

Understanding the crucial role that the identity plays in the average life,

Knowing that legislation defending the identity is also crucial to allow it to have its regular use,

Hereby:
1. Defines “identity theft” as the criminal act of using another person’s identity without the consent of the individual, to use the identity to assume a name and/or make fraudulent transactions.

2. Establishes the International Identity Database, to log identities and to be used in the case of identity theft to find traces of theft and to eventually catch the thief.

3. Establishes that the IID is to be a common database between nations, with each nation able to access it’s own data on identities, and allow for collaboration between foreign agencies in cases of international theft.

4. Gives both police forces, national and private, and governments access to the database, allowing for the common protection by all agencies in a nation.

5. Requires that all officials wishing to access the database go through a training on how to use it, and sets the minimum punishment for malicious use of the database as a 5-year stay in jail.

6. Allows police forces and governments to conduct searches on identities to find traces of identity theft, abiding by previous legislation in the World Assembly and nationally.

7. Supplements the above with a requirement to oblige with Section 5, and to have software, which is to be updated consistently and to be checked regularly for bugs and failures, check through identities to find any signs of theft, in which the person will be informed via secure message, and action may be taken against the thief.

8. Sets the minimum punishment for identity theft to 1 year in jail, of which can be increased in accordance to Section 9, and only allows monetary compensation if money was taken from the victim.

9. Allows member nations to pass legislation of their own, increase punishment for identity theft, and initiate programs at home to prevent identity theft.
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:46 am

The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:47 am

Oh, I was beaten to it. Alright then, thanks for the info, Tinhampton.
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

Polomon Islands
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 06, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Polomon Islands » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:49 am

Former Delegate and Member of TOUN.
Former Vice-Delegate of TFUU.
Dont tread on the soil of north america.
Current Founder of The Polomon Union

Return to General Assembly