NATION

PASSWORD

New Oversight Trials & The Occupation of the Galapagos

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Democratic Republic of Nytoa
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Republic of Nytoa » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:06 pm

The King Isle wrote:
The Democratic Republic of Nytoa wrote:Nytoa condemns TKIs counter intuitive solutions and imposes a embargo until all officers are pardoned or given lighter sentences

OOC: we haven't traded in years

OOC: first the incident where we stopped trained occurred around 2 months ago. And since we’re in the same alliance so I assume we trade and Nytoan oil is cheap and good.
Edit: an embargo is when you put a tax on trading
Does NOT fully represent my views

Member of ICDN, Nato and UCA (and all of its predecessors)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

New account: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=nyetoa

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:07 pm

The Democratic Republic of Nytoa wrote:
The King Isle wrote:OOC: we haven't traded in years

OOC: first the incident where we stopped trained occurred around 2 months ago. And since we’re in the same alliance so I assume we trade and Nytoan oil is cheap and good.

OOC: Embargoes are blockades. What you are talking about is a tariff.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

The King Isle
Minister

Founded: Jun 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The King Isle » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:07 pm

The King Isle wrote:OOC: we haven't traded in years

It isn't going to change their sentence the Government says, as The law stands they have to die
IC NAME: Tartania

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Republic of Nytoa » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:08 pm

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:
The Democratic Republic of Nytoa wrote:OOC: first the incident where we stopped trained occurred around 2 months ago. And since we’re in the same alliance so I assume we trade and Nytoan oil is cheap and good.

OOC: Embargoes are blockades. What you are talking about is a tariff.

OOC: sorry I’ll edit that

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

The Territories of Sealand
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:14 pm

The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:Galapagos civilians still have a deep hatred for the occupiers and violence is extremely common, after the way the TKI reacted to conquering New Oversight they believe that the GLA was rights and that they will be turned into mindless slaves for the GA machine. Riots break out demanding an end to occupation and death to the GA.

With the SSS being used to find out what the people are thinking, they have made a worrying report. In response, Little Brother has condemned both TKI for their 'solutions' and the rioters for their unnecessary violence. 'If we wanted you to be mindless slaves, we would have made you mindless slaves by now. It's not that hard to do so. If we were racists, then South Olpen wouldn't have given thousands to those who lost a loved one. It's not that hard not to do so. If we were killers of democracy, then South Olpen wouldn't have allowed those riots, TKI wouldn't have been limited to their occupation zone. It isn't that hard not to do so. I could do this all day and night, until the GLA runs out of lies to prop up its abhorrent and self-contradicting ideology,' said Little Brother at the most recent press conference, infuriated at the continuation of riots despite the occupiers directly helping citizen's lives. Sealand has also given 250 million NS dollars in aid to those in need, and also to those displaced and those still against the occupation. Sealand also calls for direct help from the GA, to show that they will not turn the people into 'mindless slaves'.
Last edited by The Territories of Sealand on Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sealand is an island in the North Atlantic that is slightly smaller than Bolivia.
POPULATION: 70 million
CAPITAL: Brunswick
LEADER: Little Brother
ANTHEM: Long live Sealand
MORE ABOUT SEALAND: This is the official factbook on Sealand.
Find Sealand's military info here. Scroll up or down to find Sealand. Non-military info should be checked in the factbooks instead of here.
NS stats not canon.

NEWS: Zarnicovan drugs becoming more popular - Sealand helps form CUSTO - Sealand makes attempts to combat the international spread of fascism

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Republic of Nytoa » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:21 pm

The King Isle wrote:
The Democratic Republic of Nytoa wrote:OOC: first the incident where we stopped trained occurred around 2 months ago. And since we’re in the same alliance so I assume we trade and Nytoan oil is cheap and good.

It isn't going to change their sentence the Government says, as The law stands they have to die

Nytoa has now cut any diplomatic relations with TKI

(\__/)
(='.'=)

The King Isle
Minister

Founded: Jun 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The King Isle » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:21 pm

The King Isle wrote:

Their sentence has been commuted to 60 years In prison after the Government couldn't confirm it was them
IC NAME: Tartania

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Republic of Nytoa » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:22 pm

The King Isle wrote:
The King Isle wrote:It isn't going to change their sentence the Government says, as The law stands they have to die

Their sentence has been commuted to 60 years In prison after the Government couldn't confirm it was them

Nytoa has restored diplomatic relations with TKI and has removed the tariffs

(\__/)
(='.'=)

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:36 pm

The King Isle wrote:Their sentence has been commuted to 60 years In prison after the Government couldn't confirm it was them

Nytoa has restored diplomatic relations with TKI and has removed the tariffs

Sealand, while interested in the trials, is more interested in Nytoan help in aiding the Galapagos' government's economy, stability and legitimacy. Please, I'm giving as much money as I can and the people are still rioting. Please, we need your help with the economy. - this is the telegram sent to Nytoa after months of occupation by the newly recruited Minister of Foreign Relations, Antrov Gestav.
Last edited by The Territories of Sealand on Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sealand is an island in the North Atlantic that is slightly smaller than Bolivia.
Find Sealand's military info here. Scroll up or down to find Sealand. Non-military info should be checked in the factbooks instead of here.
NS stats not canon.

NEWS: Zarnicovan drugs becoming more popular - Sealand helps form CUSTO - Sealand makes attempts to combat the international spread of fascism

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Republic of Nytoa » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:04 pm

The Territories of Sealand wrote:
The Democratic Republic of Nytoa wrote:Nytoa has restored diplomatic relations with TKI and has removed the tariffs

Sealand, while interested in the trials, is more interested in Nytoan help in aiding the Galapagos' government's economy, stability and legitimacy. Please, I'm giving as much money as I can and the people are still rioting. Please, we need your help with the economy. - this is the telegram sent to Nytoa after months of occupation by the newly recruited Minister of Foreign Relations, Antrov Gestav.

Nytoa has sent 6 billion dollars to the Galgapos major Nytoan companies have opened shop in major cities

(\__/)
(='.'=)

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:17 pm

Nytoa has sent 6 billion dollars to the Galgapos major Nytoan companies have opened shop in major cities

Little Brother thanks Nytoa. 'We look forward to closer co-operation regarding the Galapagos. With all this money coming in, the economy should be making a U-turn, and is expected to recover from the chaos of before, especially now that the IGRB is big enough to fill in the labour shortage of people rioting when they do riot. Some people may still be brainwashed by the GLA, but they won't destroy their own industry. They know they need that industry. And when we have fully restored the Galapagos' economy, the people will have no reason to riot. We thank all the nations that made this possible, and we look forwards with gratitude that Sealand has managed to do so much with so many nations to rebuild a nation. We believe that the economy should boom in the coming months, We do not know when it will start, but we do believe that it will happen,' he says in response. The SSS are attempting to figure out what the GLA is up to, as they manage to help increase production, with the help of Sealandian industrialists and the locals.
NS stats not canon.

South Olpen
Senator

Founded: Jan 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby South Olpen » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:46 pm

South Olpen begins a propaganda campaign in schools and other areas where children may reside. There are posters saying “Be a true Galapagosian, reject the GLA”, “For the Galapagos, join the Civil Defense Force!””, and “Galapagosians unite against fascist scum!” These are hoped to bring about a change in youth opinion. The Civil Defense Force is an riot determent Orginization. They just make sure that the protests stay peaceful, and alert for fires that should be put out. They are made of only Galapagosians.
The Scezonian Telegram Dep. of Defense Announces Anti-Ballistic Missile Research | Election 2028; Opinions of Candidates | War Between Galapagos and Aursi... Again

Male (he/him), American, liberal, represents a slightly exaggerated version of my views, we want mod transparency, greatest wishes to Greatest States of America.

The Blaatschapen wrote:They could serve as a distraction.

Of course, in modern combat, that's what the French are for.

American Legionaries wrote:Baseball fans are liars, bitching about politics is the real American pass time.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:19 pm

Now with New Oversight under control, and the retreat of the G.L.A, the Southeast Marajarbian Government has decided to do two very important things. The first was to open up a series of re-education camps (basically schools) and labor facilities in both New Oversight and Liberty City. These camps will allow for Galapagosian children to learn the languages of many GA nations, and make it quicker and easier to find a job. The re-education camps are divided into Elementary, Middle, and High School, with graduates being able to be employed at some of the best job opportunities throughout the world, and be able to allow for the creation of universities within the Galapagos. The second thing that the Government does is send Diplomats to set up a Marajarbian Embassy and assist in the Provisional Council’s Development as a Southeast Marajarbian Representative is chosen.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Costaburrito
Secretary

Founded: Aug 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Costaburrito » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:09 pm

The King Isle wrote:
Costaburrito wrote:The SU-30s manage to evade the missiles and guns fired at them, and make it into the perimeter of defense of their home aircraft carrier. Anti air fire flies into the sky and effectively ends the pursuit of the SU-30s with furious explosions rocking the sky, and knocking it's pursuers off the mortal plane. The jets come in for a landing, and the aircraft carriers support groups scans the sky for any other incoming fighters. Since the enemy is very hostile, the fleet hightails it back to the south china sea through the pacific.

immediately realising that the enemy managed to survive, they decide that they will follow the enemy and attack through New Zealand which is a former colony of the kingmen empire, the kingmen navy is immediately sent to follow the enemy and attack, meanwhile bombers fly in to take out costaburritoan planes before they can reach south china, today in a statement by prime minister anna hanvosn of the king isle she said this
costaburrito is a fascist empire that is trying to aid fascists abroad, they call themselves a peoples republic whilst they support fascism in the galapagos.

Costaburrito denies everything, and does not claim the fighter jets that the bombers are pursuing.
Unfortunately for the bombers, they cannot catch up to fighter jets, and are promptly shot down by the fleets anti-air defense systems. The fighters exit radar range from new zealand or the Galapagos, and are currently in the northwest province of Costaburrito. The home defense fleet is mobilized and a warning is sent to the kingsmen navy to de-engage the Costaburritoan forces, or face retribution. The government claims no wrongdoing, and demands that TKI explains it's sudden aggression.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:31 am

With the Galapagosian economy starting to heal it's wounds, it is unclear how many locals are returning to work, but the SSS have figured out that the economy wasn't that big of a target, thankfully, so they focus on finding potential threats to the regime. Note that they allow stuff like a peaceful, non-radical political party designed to break off the GA in the next election, or a peaceful march on the capital, or similar. It is just the attempt at a violent coup, or violent revolution or bloody civil war that the SSS is working against. Those caught trying to achieve this will be sent to Galapagosian prisons built by the IGRB, along with the usual criminals like thieves or murderers. Funnily enough, Sealand gives these criminals a better stay in prison than the thieves and murderers do, partially to show how we do not enslave people, but mainly as a reconciliation and rehabilitation strategy, as treating them like they were in a Scandinavian prison would hopefully help to prevent them from commiting the same acts in the future. After this scheme was announced, however, a suspiciously high number of people gave themselves up to the SSS and the local police, resulting in the GA jury being replaced with a moderate local one, to ensure that people know that they can't use these prisons to get out of the eye of the GA, as there are no security cameras looking in the cells, only in other areas of the building, for safety reasons. Sealand is also working on beefing the economy up, so that items become cheaper, so that people do not need to riot. The scheme for doing this is the 3 year plans, aimed at rebuilding industry and plugging in gaps with the IGRB, whose Sealandian members will receive a nice sum of money while they return to work when they come back. Industry will also be run by local and national businesses run by the locals. A free market economy will thus be firmly established. We hope that anti-monopoly laws can be enshrined in the constitution, and that the scheme will result in an economic boom.
Last edited by The Territories of Sealand on Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats not canon.

East Tideland
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby East Tideland » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:03 am

East Tidelander Troops celebrate the victory in New Oversight, and invite Major Generals from all countries that are helping occupy the Galapagos to celebrate in The East Tidelander Capital of Asonotnia,
Last edited by East Tideland on Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:09 am

East Tideland wrote:East Tidelander Troops celebrate the victory in New Oversight, and invite Major Generals from all countries that are helping occupy the Galapagos to celebrate in The East Tidelander Capital of Asonotnia,

Little Brother is pressured to come by his staff, and will be coming to the celebrations.
NS stats not canon.

The Military State of the Galapagos
Minister

Founded: Jan 19, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Military State of the Galapagos » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:52 am

SIC: The GLA knowing that this is their way to get revenge decides that I pay a visit to Little Brother. They would send a group of 4 assassins to Asonotnia with a simple goal, kill Little Brother.
And get out without being captured incase the plane went bellies up they would have suicide pills to kill the selves with
Founder of the KTO
Destroyer of the GCN

South Olpen
Senator

Founded: Jan 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby South Olpen » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:17 am

The Reconcilliation fund is soon depleting its budget. The budget was 2.5 billion dollars, and most of it has been spent in major cities that saw tank combat. There is a push for a budget expansion, but at the moment it’s expected to fail.
The Scezonian Telegram Dep. of Defense Announces Anti-Ballistic Missile Research | Election 2028; Opinions of Candidates | War Between Galapagos and Aursi... Again

Male (he/him), American, liberal, represents a slightly exaggerated version of my views, we want mod transparency, greatest wishes to Greatest States of America.

The Blaatschapen wrote:They could serve as a distraction.

Of course, in modern combat, that's what the French are for.

American Legionaries wrote:Baseball fans are liars, bitching about politics is the real American pass time.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:40 am

The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:SIC: The GLA knowing that this is their way to get revenge decides that I pay a visit to Little Brother. They would send a group of 4 assassins to Asonotnia with a simple goal, kill Little Brother.
And get out without being captured incase the plane went bellies up they would have suicide pills to kill the selves with

IC: Little Brother is oblivious to the assassination attempt, and is on the train to Asonotnia. He is virtually discussing propping up the Reconciliation fund in the Galapagos, sending a major economic stimulus to the Galapagos, and a tax raise on Sealandian citizens, as well as figuring out the extent to which virus protection laws should be enforced, all in Parliament via a tablet. None of this is exactly a secret, as Sealandian parliamentary debates are only sometimes secretive, which does sometimes face scrutiny, but in the end, Parliament has more important things to do than change its secrecy. Little Brother arrives in Asonotnia in broad daylight, having slept the night and he is wide awake. He hopes to assert his vision of a free Galapagos, particularly the 3 year plans, with the other officials, and is in a good mood. Sealand is making an international effort to get the 3 year plans up and running, and is starting with the celebration.

SIC: He goes to the nearest hotel and goes to one of the rooms. He is guarded by 2 bodyguards, who are loyal but not too experienced. The SSS are expected to cover his tracks, making Little Brother safe in theory. This is, however, a precautionary measure, and the actual security is lackluster, making Little Brother an easy target in reality.
Last edited by The Territories of Sealand on Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats not canon.

The Military State of the Galapagos
Minister

Founded: Jan 19, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Military State of the Galapagos » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:00 am

SIC: A debate is held wether or not to assassinate Little Brother and instead focus on more priority candidates such as President Jackson who violently cut down the independence movement or perhaps even Chamber Minister Jordan who was the reason the Galapagos was occupied in the first place. The GLA decided to wait to see if there is any higher priority targets to assassinate rather then Little Brother and the assassins are told to keep an eye on him just incase there isn’t.
Founder of the KTO
Destroyer of the GCN

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:11 am

The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:SIC: A debate is held wether or not to assassinate Little Brother and instead focus on more priority candidates such as President Jackson who violently cut down the independence movement or perhaps even Chamber Minister Jordan who was the reason the Galapagos was occupied in the first place. The GLA decided to wait to see if there is any higher priority targets to assassinate rather then Little Brother and the assassins are told to keep an eye on him just incase there isn’t.

OOC: When are the celebrations? I'm not sure when Little Brother needs to go to the celebrations.

IC: Little Brother takes a walk in the park, as being in the hotel is quite boring. He is aiming to take this walk every other day. Perhaps more interestingly, Parliament passes the Act of Galapagosian Economics, which gives a large sum of 50 billion NS$ to the Galapagos' reconstruction, rehabilitation and reconciliation following the previous war and occupation disasters. Sealand will attempt to prop up the Reconciliation fund, and the other 2 debates aren't important.
NS stats not canon.

Meretica
Senator

Founded: Nov 16, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Meretica » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:16 am

President Spearson, despite his obviously failing health, takes a trip to the Galapagos despite warnings from all of his advisors not to go. He is protected by secret service agents at all times, and they are disguised so that no one knows who or where the agents are. Spearson travels openly, using his wheelchair to get around.

East Tideland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Tideland » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:47 am

The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:SIC: A debate is held wether or not to assassinate Little Brother and instead focus on more priority candidates such as President Jackson who violently cut down the independence movement or perhaps even Chamber Minister Jordan who was the reason the Galapagos was occupied in the first place. The GLA decided to wait to see if there is any higher priority targets to assassinate rather then Little Brother and the assassins are told to keep an eye on him just incase there isn’t.

OOC: When are the celebrations? I'm not sure when Little Brother needs to go to the celebrations.

IC: Little Brother takes a walk in the park, as being in the hotel is quite boring. He is aiming to take this walk every other day. Perhaps more interestingly, Parliament passes the Act of Galapagosian Economics, which gives a large sum of 50 billion NS$ to the Galapagos' reconstruction, rehabilitation and reconciliation following the previous war and occupation disasters. Sealand will attempt to prop up the Reconciliation fund, and the other 2 debates aren't important.

OOC: The Next Night after he arrived

East Tideland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Tideland » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:58 am

East Tideland wrote:

OOC: The Next Night after he arrived

OOC: The only nation that isn't invited is Meretica

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents