NATION

PASSWORD

Volleyball World Expo 12: Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:14 am

Coach: Nico Ensiosson

Coach: Nico Ensiosson

№ Name Height Age Club
1 Nyagũthiĩ Wanjirsdóttir 2.01 m 17 Image Notschach
2 Kormlöð Auðsdóttir 1.90 m 20 Image Kuodorf
3 Elsa Kristjónsdóttir (L) 1.63 m 22 Image Ilsburg
4 Anney Rómansdóttir 2.01 m 19 Image Hintersfjörður
5 Torfheiður Dextersdóttir 1.94 m 28 Image Væggerfried
6 Stina Bjarkisdóttir 1.86 m 32 Image Notschach
8 Veronika Annesdóttir (L) 1.79 m 30 Image Kuodorf
10 Giorgia Gustavsdóttir 1.93 m 27 Image Væggerfried
12 Helga Gillsdóttir 1.81 m 32 Image Laitwinkl
14 Tera Juliansdóttir 1.86 m 21 Image Wimhavn
15 Loftveig Sólimannsdóttir 1.87 m 31 Image Gerstungal
16 Julia Hartmannsdóttir (C) 1.89 m 23 Image Lohrreith

This is once again a women’s team, which reflects in part the weak state of men’s volleyball in Græntfjall. This is perhaps surprising as the “land of the frost giants”, pumping out Big Fucking Græntfjallers in everything from football and basketball to handball and water polo – but then that’s the point, there’s simply too much competition for talent, and few tall men would choose a relatively niche sport when ample opportunities exist in other games. But with the women’s basketball and handball scenes lagging, a stronger talent pool seems to have emerged among the women.

This is a broadly similar Net Wolves squad to the one that competed at the Olympics four years ago and VWE11 one year ago [in Græntfjaller time]; only 1 player is new. 17 year old Nyagũthiĩ Wanjirsdóttir, of Kijani extraction, will become the first black person to ever represent Græntfjall in international sport at this tournament. The 2.01m teen is a prodigious talent and quite raw, but the success Anney Rómansdóttir had last time has motivated coach Nico to take a gamble on her. Elsa, being groomed as Veronika’s replacement, can be expected to see increased playing time now (they will wear green while the rest of the team wears blue-and-white).

RP permissions: if you RP first you may…
Do pretty much anything: Y, except…
Please do not use photographs of RL people and say they are my players
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

Felinetopia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Felinetopia » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:55 am

Cat Sports

Felines Fall In the First Game of Volleyball World Expo

Felinetopia 1 - 3 Cassadaigua

10-25 19-25 25-23 18-25

Halifax, Quebec and Shingoryeo - Felines make their multiverse redebut in the 12th edition of the Volleyball World Expo 12 with a loss to the runner ups of the previous Expo and number 2 team in the multiverse, Cassadaigua. Outside of Felinetopia, expectations were low for the Cats who have never faced an opponent outside the Feline world.

In the first set, the Cats were taken by surprise by the style and speed of play of Cassadaigua as the Felines fell behind 12-2 in the set before the Cats regrouped and finish out the set 10-25. In the second set, the Cats fared better as it was a back and forth set as the teams traded points. However, a crucial ace by Cassadaigua put them up 22-19 and broke the cats enough for Cassadaigua to take three consecutive points to close out the set. Bump Daffon help set the Cats back on track for the third set. The third set was an intense affair as it featured many long rallies and traded points. Ultimately, a brilliant block by Kalamata Soto won the set for Felinetopia 25-23. However, the intense third set tired out the Cats as they lost the fourth and final set 19-25.

"Cassadaigua clearly put on a clinic on how multiversal volleyball works," said Head Coach Bump Daffon. "However, we managed to adapt to their play after the first set and proved to the multiverse that Felines can play Volleyball and we can play it well." "Cassadaigua is better than any volleyball teams that I faced in the Feline Volleyball Cup including the Tigers that we faced in the championship," said Outside Hitter Chihiro Pili of the Cheetah Republic. "So, we definitely have a lot of work to do if we want to progress into the knockout rounds."

Up next for the Cats is the Net Wolves of Græntfjall in Halifax. Bump Daffon annouces that Chihiro Pili and Daphne Qutie will shift to the Middle Blocker role to adapt to play in at the Expo.

FelinetopiaCassadaigua
72Points98
57Kills84
6Aces10
8Block15

Schedule
Group B
MD1: vs. Cassadaigua (2) L 1-3
MD2: vs. Græntfjall (22)
MD3: vs. Kohnhead (3)
MD4: vs. Banija (33)
MD5: vs. Siovanija and Teusland (5)
MD6: vs. Reçueçn (T-35)
MD7: vs. Mytanija (7)
MD8: vs. Hebitaka (50)
MD9: vs. Abanhfleft (11)
MD10: vs. Malandrin (UR)
MD11: vs. Sarzonia (17)
Last edited by Felinetopia on Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Basically a Feline European Union
Demonym: Feline (Cats), Felinetopian (Government)
Member-Nations: Small Cat Alliance, Lynx Union, Cheetah Republic, Leopard's Dominion
Institutional Center (de facto capital): Purrlin
Cat Ages to Human Age Table
IAC 13 3rd Place

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:23 am

DISCLAIMER: Gaelic Gamers is an independents sports blogging website created by four cousins with a common liking and passion for sports of all kinds and is in no way or form affiliated with or organized by any official news organization in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. All statements and opinions posted here are our own and not anyone else's.

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Volleyball Vignettes
with Aisling Keane

All right, everyone. Time to take a break from all the general negativity going through all of us at this moment. I know it's been tough being an Abanhfleft fan right now. Emotions are running high because for the millionth time in recorded sporting history, Abanhfleft has been knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, and even though it was inevitable, the defeat still stings. So, to everyone who's trying to cope with yet another playoff loss, why don't you all come down here for a moment and rest? And maybe take in some positive vibes thanks to some early wins in the latest Volleyball World Expo.

So, once again we meet Banija in the field of sporting battle. If it's not HUElavia then it's Banija which we always seem to be playing against. I think at this point it's already clear that the sporting rivalry between Abanhfleft and Banija is more relevant than the rivalries of old against the likes of Nephara and Pasarga. They're not our rivals anymore; Banija and HUElavia are. What a fall from grace. But let's ignore all that for the moment and focus on the volleyball. Some may criticize the fact that Roldan Manansala called up a team whose average age is closer to the old side of athletics than some would prefer. But as we saw in the opening day game against Banija, Manansala selected this team for their experience, and it was experience which won out in the end. Sure, it might have taken the ladies some time to get rolling, but once they did, there was no stopping them. And even then, they managed to keep the first set close before the Banijans closed things out. Then, after that, we just took control and never looked back.

But we all know the story. Abanhfleft does well in the group stage, perhaps even sweeping the rest of the group, only to fall at the very first playoff hurdle. It's a story that's been told time and again across the years and across multiple sports. It's also happened in volleyball, but don't let that stop you all from continuing reading The Volleyball Vignettes. Like I said, we're all here for a little bit of fun, and what's more fun than reading through victories? Sure, we might just be setting ourselves up for yet more pain down the line, but can't we at least enjoy this winning feeling while it lasts? There's no guarantee that we'll get anything more than the one win. Okay, that last one came out wrong. I don't mean to be a Debbie downer, but we have to acknowledge that the possibility is there. Of course I don't want us to lose the rest of our games in the VWE. I'm not a masochist. I always want us to win! But what the team does is sadly out of my hands. Oh well. If only I'd decided to pursue a full-time career in volleyball. But even as I'm sitting here typing out these blog posts, I already earn as much from one post as these girls get in a full season. It's a sad fact of life, but it's sad because it's true. Well, what a way to end this whole thing for the moment, eh?
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:15 pm

Perhaps owing to how close the two countries are in the world rankings, the battle between the Sarzonian national volleyball team and Græntfjall was exactly that, a battle.

Sarzonia came out of that battle in better shape, barely outlasting Græntfjall in a five-set marathon, 25-13, 20-25, 25-13, 22-25, 15-10 in a match that saw the Stars have to dig deep to earn the victory.

Fortunately for the Stars, their youth seemed to be an advantage after the Net Wolves rallied in the fourth set to earn six consecutive points with their backs to the wall after Sarzonia built a 22-19 lead and forced a side out that threatened to allow the navy-clad Stars to put the match away.

Blocker Larry Rogers, the oldest of Sarzonia's starters at a tender 19 years of age, admitted after the match to feeling "rather fatigued," but added, "it's nothing that a good night's sleep can't fix." By contrast, four Net Wolves players are 30 years old or older, a fact that wasn't lost on Stars coach Alan Ryan.

"I think it might have been a little bit of an advantage for us, sure," Ryan said. "Having said that, when you have people who train for sport most of the year and are match-fit, it's not as much of a factor as it might be for a so-called weekend warrior."

One area of concern for Ryan was likely the fact that Sarzonia couldn't hold leads in either the second or the fourth set, as Græntfjall rallied from deficits in both sets to draw the match level twice, at one set apiece and at two sets each. Fortunately for Sarzonia, that meant they had only one set left to pull the match out after the aforementioned six-goal rally.

The fact that both teams are close in the world volleyball rankings made the whole "trap match" speech unnecessary, according to setter Callie Stern.

"We didn't need to get motivated to play Græntfjall," she said. "They're a challenge in every sport they compete in, and we're not a team that can afford to coast."

Sarzonia certainly won't need extra motivation for their second match as they face Banija on Matchday 2. They follow that with a battle against Reçueçn on their third matchday. Both teams lost their respective openers in four sets after winning the first set, Banija to Abanhfleft and Reçueçn to Mytanija. Ryan said the team were well aware of and motivated for the matchup against Banija, pointing out that match was "opening a new chapter in the multi-sport rivalry between our nations."

"I walked into the training room this morning and saw the looks in the team's eyes," he said. "I didn't need to say a word to get this team ready for Banija. They're already motivated."
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:08 pm

Transcript: VWE 12 - Post-Match Show

Present
Daniele Centoni, 46 -- Colour Commentator, QBC Sports (2046-) - Outside Hitter, Quebecois Men's National Team, 2024 Summer Olympics & 2028 Volleyball World Expo
Naomi Goldbloom, 30 -- Guest Commentator, QBC Sports- Setter, Quebecois U21 Women's National Team, Gold Medalist, 2038 Quebecois Commonwealth U21 Girls' Championship
Rodney Kang, 53 -- Play-by-Play Commentator, QBC Sports (2024-)
Alanis Silverwood, 63 -- Colour Commentator, QBC Sports (2018-)
Yoon Myeong-Oak, 52 -- Colour Commentator, QBC Sports (2031-) - Opposite Hitter, Quebecois Women's National Team, Gold Medalist, 2020 Summer Olympics

Rodney Kang: Good evening, mesdames et messieurs. Welcome to the post-match broadcast of the 2049 Volleyball World Expo, live here in the Q.B.C. (OOC note: pronounced with particular thump- Queue-Bee-Tsee). My name is Rodney Kang, and here with us we have four fellow members of the QBC Broadcasting Team, including our guest commentator for the Expo, Naomi Goldbloom. How are you guys all doing today?

Naomi Goldbloom: Thank you for letting us join, Rodney! It's my absolute pleasure to be back in Quebec to join the wonderful crew we have at QBC for this tournament.

Rodney Kang: And the same goes to you as well, Naomi. (The other three give the two a thumbs up) It's a good day of international matches in Bathurst for sure, and we are happy to have you here. Since we have everybody here on the court, let's go straight to the opening match of the tournament as the Grim Reapers of Quebec and Shingoryeo beat the Srednjaci side in straight sets. What are you guys' thoughts after the match?

Daniele Centoni: For the start, I would say that the good start paid off, and being able to wrap up the first set was the key. For this Quebecois team, it's been a particular challenge for them because they start slow, and we did see that with them today, especially with Ahn Seung-Min being off-sync from time to time.

Yoon Myeong-Oak: Certainly, Daniele. Seung-Min's been good on the domestic level, but it's been a challenge for him to maintain the form in the practice and the first set. He certainly seemed frustrated when his spikes kept finding ways into the hands of the libero. Fortunately, a couple of lucky bounces did spark the life into the team, and the rest went well.

Alanis Silverwood: As for the player of the match we have Benedict Jeon. For today's match, he was the difference maker, distributing the ball evenly, especially to Dong-Joon Etchemin-Whakan (5 kills), Alanis Hair-Lewis (9 kills) and of course, Ivan Stankic (11 kills). Forty assists, three service aces, two blocks and paints, which is all in all a great day for him, shortly before he got subbed for Gustave-Paul Filatriault, the rookie out of Montreal, after the eight-point mark of the second set.

Daniele Centoni: With that in mind, what position is most stable on this team right now? Of course, there is lots of depth in every position for the best, but we cannot deny that some positions are stronger than the others.

Alanis Silverwood: In all honesty, I would have to pick the libero position for the men. Since the introduction of libero in 1997, so almost 50 years ago, there has been only three-four years where the national team struggled in the position. Massimo Petrozza was obviously the go to guy, and then we had Bae Joon-Ho who played from 2002 to 2014. And then we had a safe tandem of Noel Googoo and Adrian Rezende Souza, who kept it going until Guillaume Shin was of age to take over-

Rodney Kang: Thank you, Alanis, but let's get back to focus on the current's.

Alanis Silverwood: Alright, alright. But you see what I'm saying here Rod, so let's get back and set things straight. Simply by mentioning of the names from above, we see what kind of a libero Zackaël Lapierre is. You see, you would often hear all the time about him not receiving much reception and wonder why. It's confusing on the surface, but really, if you look into the stats, it's really straightforward. If your court presence is more than enough to have the server avoid you, that's a good thing. Even if you don't receive it, that gives you the fear factor and additional confidence where you could try the pipe option, something that Ivan Stankic is excellent at, or set for the Centre. Given how much this team relies upon good performance by its centres, ride or die, count that as a plus and maybe square that several times.

Yoon Myeong-Oak: As for the women's side, it's almost certain the outside hitters are where the Quebecois are best off right now.
Twenty-year old Yang Soo-Gyeong may be one of the best female outside hitters in the multiverse, with the other examples I have being Mira Gushtanova or Nicole Rocha Domingues, and probably the most all-arounded among all of them. Of course, there is lot more to that than her, especially as Natalia Horakcova and Alexanne Bayley vie for the other side. It's a healthy competition to have, given Bayley's defence and leadership on this team, as well as Horakcova's quick and crafty front-pin who can score at will. Not to mention Helene Nault-Tenerowitz, who is really a winger but is expected to double up on centre when asked for the tournament.

With this in mind, we have a lot of questions to ask about the team, especially ahead of the next summer olympics when we will see a major team. What would be the key position of concern for the Quebecois national teams?

Naomi Goldbloom: I would have to say setter would be the most challenging position, for the women at least. This was something that's not unique to Quebec right now- this happened back when I was in the youth and junior national teams, and also when I played at Queen's College. This question keeps popping up again and again. Even in the college level and QOVO, the particular concern around how the setters have taken lot more time to develop than the wings or even more so, the centres. That's a challenge of its own in the league and also the national team, where we have reliable but aging Karina Benn Fernandez and a huge prospect in Chae Sang-Heui. Expect Coach Kim the younger to alternate playing minutes for the pair.

Rodney Kang: As for the men, it's a challenging question. Still, for the sake of challenging our audience, I would say the outside hitter situation may need some clearances. On the surface, it's easy to say that we have a clear pair of starters, with great backup in Guido Santarelli, not to mention that Todor Asparuhov could play both sides of the thing. But if you look at it carefully, it's not as clear as you would think.

Daniele Centoni: This, is something I cannot help but to agree as well, even though the continued worries up middle is another thing to consider. We gotta remember that Alanis Hair-Lewis is brilliant on front pin, but he's had some minor injuries here and there, so there will be lots of questions asked there. And if that's the case, will the Quebecois be rolling a rotation on the left side or not? Big questions there, especially as Pierre-Stephane Jobin may have to figure this out, rather belatedly so.

Rodney Kang: For the Quebecois men and women, the teams are on different phase, with men continuing to get older and more experienced while the women are focusing more on the speed. Who would be your respective picks for the X-factors?

Daniele Centoni: Byeon Jeong-Wook because he has to be the one. For many years, Quebecois national team had a distinctive colour for possessing plethora of high-level blockers. Andrei Agontsev had height, Reid Matthews and Ha Hyeon-Jong were true veterans, and Simon Shim-Kweon was one of the best in the multiverse, period, and Quebec has won an olympic medal with at least one starting back in the days.

With the Quebecois group, however, things haven't been looking close to pleasant for the position, especially as the current group of starters have not been able to convince people otherwise in that they are able to replicate the forms of the guys of old. And these question marks affect us all especially on the international stage, especially since that's what the opposing sides will target. We've seen this happen before, most notably in the Istria-Orean quarterfinals with both Byeon Jeong-Wook and DJ Etchemin-Whakan playing poorly on the quarterfinals against Trolleborg. Fortunately, both of them have gotten better since then as they grew older, and if there's one blocker who could possibly make the difference, it would be Byeon given his ability to read setters' blocks. Can he do that? Absolutely, as we've seen him do so in 4 blocks against Srednjaci earlier today, and hope he will continue so in next match against Bollonich.

Yoon Myeong-Oak: A bit of cheat-key here, but Natalie Wesoloski-Okafor would be my pick. The lefty, who was selected the Most Valuable Player of the 2048 U20 Quebecois Commonwealth championships last year, also held here in Bathurst, is an explosive specimen. While all of the four have done very well, the reason why I'm telling you to check Wesoloski's straightforward - she's explosive. It's rare we see a tall, Quebecois lefty who is 196cm in height and stands 335cm in spike touch. Given her height, the speed and athleticism you get from her are remarkable, and the spike form, while unconventional by any means, is what keeps her going.

Naomi Goldbloom: I would have to agree with you there, Myeong-Oak. One of the most heralded storylines entering this Volleyball World Expo has been the transferability of the Wonder Women of the '48. All we've seen is golden from this cohort of the junior national team, especially with the Big four all joining the senior women's team. But we also have to remember that the senior team has different expectations and runs different schemes too, and Karina Benn Fernandez prefers to set the ball quicker and lower. Can she be just as effective on the senior level? That's another question to ask.
Last edited by Quebec and Shingoryeo on Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingdom of Quebec & Shingoryeo
Olympic Council President (XVIII) - World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million
MegaSport.que - The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere
Have won many, hosted even more

International Basketball Championships 37-39 Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXVI Champions

Raspotochje
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 05, 2021

Postby Raspotochje » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:53 pm

KOTIGA DAILLY SPORT NEWS

HUElavia                         25  25  25
Raspotochje 13 11 16

A heavy defeat for our volleyball team. At the big World EXPO 12 competition, the Raspotochje national team started its first historic appearance, with a defeat.
The better team was HUElavia. From start to finish, the winner was known in advance. Our volleyball players just didn’t cover the court well. They were quite restrained in the attack and full of insecurity. They made as many as 18 mistakes on the service, which is almost a whole set. We believe that this was the first match in which our team played so badly and that they will play much better in the future.

"This was not good. HUElavia imposed its style of play from the beginning. We did not manage to get used to that way of playing. We believe that this was the initial spasm and that we will play much better in the continuation of the competition."

The Expo is a great opportunity to build a representative volleyball team, but also to finally present Raspotochje to the world of sports.

Pl Group A                        Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD   Pts 
1 HUElavia 1 1 0 3 0 +3 3
Quebec and Shingoryeo 1 1 0 3 0 +3 3
3 Chromatika 1 1 0 3 1 +2 3
Commonwealth of Baker Park 1 1 0 3 1 +2 3
Hispinas 1 1 0 3 1 +2 3
Kriegiersien 1 1 0 3 1 +2 3
7 Bollonich 1 0 1 1 3 −2 0
Nagore 1 0 1 1 3 −2 0
Natanians and Nosts 1 0 1 1 3 −2 0
Permecutan 1 0 1 1 3 −2 0
11 Raspotochje 1 0 1 0 3 −3 0
Srednjaci 1 0 1 0 3 −3 0

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:34 pm

OOC: If there is any kind of calculation error with points standings for either MDs, please let me know so I'll be able to fix them. It's not easy manually fixing them per FIVB regulations, so better safe than sorry!

Jump Then (not) Fall. MD2-3 Cutoff.

Group A - Matchday 2

Raspotochje                      25  23  25  19  11
Chromatika 17 25 21 25 15

Nagore 14 21 17
Permecutan 25 25 25

Natanians and Nosts 21 20 26 17
Hispinas 25 25 24 25

Srednjaci 25 22 23 14
Kriegiersien 20 25 25 25

Bollonich 16 21 25 25 10
Quebec and Shingoryeo 25 25 13 23 15

HUElavia 25 25 23 25
Commonwealth of Baker Park 21 23 25 18

1 HUElavia 2 2 0 6 1 +5 6
2 Hispinas 2 2 0 6 2 +4 6
Kriegiersien 2 2 0 6 2 +4 6
4 Quebec and Shingoryeo 2 2 0 6 2 +4 5
5 Chromatika 2 2 0 6 3 +3 5
6 Permecutan 2 1 1 4 3 +1 3
7 Commonwealth of Baker Park 2 1 1 4 4 0 3
8 Bollonich 2 0 2 3 6 −3 1
Raspotochje 2 0 2 2 6 −4 1
9 Natanians and Nosts 2 0 2 2 6 −4 0
11 Nagore 2 0 2 1 6 −5 0
Srednjaci 2 0 2 1 6 −5 0

Group A - Matchday 3

Commonwealth of Baker Park       25  25  25
Raspotochje 15 14 12

Quebec and Shingoryeo 15 25 27 21 13
HUElavia 25 19 25 25 15

Kriegiersien 24 21 25 24
Bollonich 26 25 11 26

Hispinas 25 25 21 25
Srednjaci 23 23 25 16

Permecutan 26 23 20 21
Natanians and Nosts 24 25 25 25

Chromatika 18 18 25 25 15
Nagore 25 25 18 17 9

1 Hispinas 3 3 0 9 3 +6 9
2 HUElavia 3 3 0 9 3 +6 8
3 Chromatika 3 3 0 9 5 +4 7
4 Quebec and Shingoryeo 3 2 1 8 5 +3 6
Commonwealth of Baker Park 3 2 1 7 4 +3 6
6 Kriegiersien 3 2 1 7 5 +2 6
7 Bollonich 3 1 2 6 7 −1 4
8 Permecutan 3 1 2 5 6 −1 3
9 Natanians and Nosts 3 1 2 5 7 −2 3
10 Nagore 3 0 3 3 9 −6 1
11 Raspotochje 3 0 3 2 9 −7 1
12 Srednjaci 3 0 3 2 9 −7 0

Group B - Matchday 2

Felinetopia                      17  23  14
Græntfjall 25 25 25

Banija 28 23 21
Sarzonia 30 25 25

Reçueçn 14 22 25
Abanhfleft 25 25 27

Hebitaka 19 24 22
Mytanija 25 26 25

Malandrin 15 23 14
Siovanija and Teusland 25 25 25

Cassadaigua 25 13 18 21
Kohnhead 21 25 25 25

Pl Group B                        Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD   Pts
1 Abanhfleft 2 2 0 6 1 +5 6
Mytanija 2 2 0 6 1 +5 6
3 Kohnhead 2 2 0 6 2 +4 6
4 Siovanija and Teusland 2 2 0 6 2 +4 5
Sarzonia 2 2 0 6 2 +4 5
6 Græntfjall 2 1 1 5 3 +2 4
7 Cassadaigua 2 1 1 4 4 0 3
8 Hebitaka 2 0 2 2 6 −4 1
9 Banija 2 0 2 1 6 −5 0
Felinetopia 2 0 2 1 6 −5 0
Malandrin 2 0 2 1 6 −5 0
Reçueçn 2 0 2 1 6 −5 0

Group B - Matchday 3

Kohnhead                         25  20  19  25  19
Felinetopia 11 25 25 19 17

Siovanija and Teusland 19 21 25 19
Cassadaigua 25 25 16 25

Mytanija 25 24 25 25 15
Malandrin 19 26 27 22 13

Abanhfleft 27 25 25
Hebitaka 25 12 14

Sarzonia 27 22 25 18 15
Reçueçn 25 25 18 25 6

Græntfjall 25 26 15 26
Banija 18 24 25 24

1 Abanhfleft 3 3 0 9 1 +8 9
2 Mytanija 3 3 0 9 3 +6 8
3 Kohnhead 3 3 0 9 4 +5 8
4 Sarzonia 3 3 0 9 4 +5 7
5 Græntfjall 3 2 1 8 4 +4 7
6 Cassadaigua 3 2 1 7 5 +2 6
7 Siovanija and Teusland 3 2 1 7 5 +2 5
8 Felinetopia 3 0 3 3 9 −6 1
Malandrin 3 0 3 3 9 −6 1
Reçueçn 3 0 3 3 9 −6 1
Hebitaka 3 0 3 2 9 −7 1
12 Banija 3 0 3 2 9 −7 0
Last edited by Quebec and Shingoryeo on Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Olympic Council President (XVIII) - World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million

Bollonich
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Bollonich » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:11 am

The Karvian Chronicle

Bollonich cause upset, Hispanis up next; VWE Matchday 2&3

We had suffered a defeat to the Commonwealth of Baker Park, but we had managed to keep our pride winning a single set. We however had lots more to prove as this defeat to Baker Park was a quite underwhelming performance which didn’t properly represent the quality the Bollonischians actually have. We would have opportunities to do this in our games against Quebec and Shingoryeo and Kriegiersien. The game against Quebec and Shingoryeo would be difficult for us to win as the Quebecois team would be backed up by the home fans along with the fact that they are highly skilled and ranked higher than us. The game begun with the Quebecois players immediately taking the advantage catching us off guard and winning the first two sets with margins of 16-25 and 21-25. We however were not ones to give up easily and after a brilliant performance from Blackburn we had thrashed Quebec and Shingoryeo in the 3rd set with a margin of 25-13. We seemed to have gotten into our groove and more damage could be caused, but could we keep this up. Could we make sure that this win in the third set wasn’t a lucky fluke? We did prove it by going onto win the fourth set with a close margin but it was a win nonetheless. We were now on level terms with Quebec and Shingoryeo, all we had to do was win the last set and get out first points on the board. However things didn’t go our way as we couldn’t hold onto the momentum as the Quebecois players remained calm and secured the win winning the last set 15-10. This loss would be something the players would take as the way in which we lost was something to remember. This game was a brilliant game of volleyball with eventually both teams giving it their all and the game going down to the wire. These were encouraging signs for the Bollonischian National Volleyball team for times to come which would be greatly beneficial to the confidence of the players.
The job was not done yet, as a game against Kriegiersien was also on the cards. Kriegiersien would also be a formidable opponent as they had just defeated Srednjaci. This game would be hard for us to win, but taking our latest performance against Quebec and Shingoryeo into account we could have a chance. The match was started by us on the front foot however Kriegiersien soon came back to tie the score at 24-24 in the first set. The game was extremely close as no teams seemed to slip up however with a series of two wins we were able to win the first set 26-24. We had won the first set but it was still extremely set meaning Kriegiersien were still very much in the game. The second set was a slightly more dominating one from us as we won it 25-21. Things were looking bright for us as we were 2 sets up. The third set however showed increasingly concerning signs as Kriegiersien dominated defeating Bollonich 25-11. Would we choke this huge lead we had gotten? We seemed to surely make huge errors and possibly choke and loose the lead we had worked so hard to create. However the players made sure and showed it to us that what happened in the 3rd set was simply a lapse in concentration as we took the game and set winning it 26-24. This win would be crucial as we rose to 7th in the standings showing to other opponents that we are here to compete and that we can and will compete.

MD1 : Bollonich (UR) vs Commonwealth of Baker Park (4) @ Hersey Centre (Capacity: 13,450)
MD2 : Bollonich (UR) vs Quebec and Shingoryeo (6) @ Ssangye Arena (Capacity: 5,680)
MD3 : Bollonich (UR) vs Kriegiersien (10) @ Norman Williams Arena (Capacity: 10,890)
MD4 : Bollonich (UR) vs Hispanis (15) @ Norman Williams Arena (Capacity: 10,890)
MD5 : Bollonich (UR) vs Permecutan (19) @ Norman Williams Arena (Capacity: 10,890)
MD6 : Bollonich (UR) vs Chromatika (25) @ Norman Williams Arena (Capacity: 10,890)
MD7 : Bollonich (UR) vs Nagore (35) @ Ssangye Arena (Capacity: 5,680)
MD8 : Bollonich (UR) vs Natanians and Nosts (35) @ Hersey Centre (Capacity: 13,450)
MD9 : Bollonich (UR) vs Srednjaci (50) @ Ssangye Arena (Capacity: 5,680)
MD10 : Bollonich (UR) vs Raspotochje (UR) @ Hersey Centre (Capacity: 13,450)
MD11 : Bollonich (UR) vs HUElavia (1) @ Ssangye Arena (Capacity: 5,680)

Karvian Tigers, Vreton Bulls and Akusha Rovers at top, Maihar Warriors fall at a new low; BVL Matchdays 7-9 Roundup

Following the events in match days 4-6 we had realised that predictions and analysis from previous match days would more or less be useless as we saw a sudden unexpected rise from Torrijas Wizards and the opposite happening to Marda Frogs. All we could and should do would be wait and watch. And that is what we did, and in the 7th match day of the BVL we were witness to some beauties of games. Vreton Bulls and Karvian Tigers easily overcame their opponents Lagos Yetis and Maihar Warriors respectively as they stayed on equal wins as Akusha Rovers who also beat Marda Frogs in their latest game. This was the fourth loss for the Marda Frogs in a row showing worrying signs for the volleyball side. Meanwhile Torrijas Wizards recorded their 4th win in a row defeating San Pablo Rockers in a five set thriller. Maihar Lions meanwhile also secured a victory in a five set thriller defeating Kings of Fermont. The 7th match day saw Torrijas Wizard’s winning run continue while Marda Frog’s losing run too.
Matchday 8 also didn’t fail to deliver on it’s part of interesting matchups and games. Lagos Yetis played out a winning 5 set thriller against Maihar Lions as Maihar Warriors sinked to last place after losing in three sets to Kings of Fermont. Marda Frogs meanwhile suffered yet another loss at the hands of the Karvian Tigers. Torrijas Wizards’ winning streak was shattered by the Vreton Bulls as they successfully dispatched of them in 4 sets comfortable winning. Akusha Rovers meanwhile suffered a shock defeat at the hands of San Pablo Rockers who remained in fourth place following this win.
Matchday 9 saw two major and one minor upset. Maihar Lions managed to defeat the Vreton Bulls in four sets showing that these top teams are not actually invincible. Karvian Warriors also suffered a loss to San Pablo Rockers as they beat them again in four sets only losing the first set. Akusha Rovers meanwhile defeated Torrijas Wizards, as they suffered their second defeat in a row. Marda Frogs broke their losing streak after defeating the Kings of Fermont in 3 sets, getting back to winning ways. Lagos Yetis also recorded their fourth win of the season with their victory over Maihar Warriors.

Lagos Yetis 20 20 10
Vreton Bulls 25 25 25

Maihar Lions 26 18 25 22 15
Kings of Fermont 24 25 19 25 13

Maihar Warriors 15 15 25
Karvian Tigers 25 25 27

Marda Frogs 21 27 24
Akusha Rovers 25 29 26

San Pablo Rockers 16 25 23 26 5
Torrijas Wizards 25 18 25 24 15
Vreton Bulls 25 17 25 25
Torrijas Wizards 12 25 22 15

Akusha Rovers 19 13 22
San Pablo Rockers 25 25 25

Karvian Tigers 22 25 25 25
Marda Frogs 25 22 23 17

Kings of Fermont 25 28 25
Maihar Warriors 22 26 9

Lagos Yetis 25 17 25 22 15
Maihar Lions 23 25 21 25 11
Maihar Lions 25 11 25 25
Vreton Bulls 22 25 19 22

Maihar Warriors 22 19 19
Lagos Yetis 25 25 25

Marda Frogs 25 25 25
Kings of Fermont 22 18 22

San Pablo Rockers 22 25 25 25
Karvian Tigers 25 20 19 22

Torrijas Wizards 22 22 24
Akusha Rovers 25 25 26

Bollonischian Volleyball League Pld W L SF SA SD
1 Karvian Tigers 9 6 3 20 12 +8 Playoffs, VCL
2 Vreton Bulls 9 6 3 20 12 +8 Playoffs, VCL

3 Akusha Rovers 9 6 3 20 12 +8 Playoffs
4 San Pablo Rockers 9 5 4 23 17 +6 Playoffs

5 Marda Frogs 9 4 5 15 16 −1
6 Maihar Lions 9 4 5 19 22 −3
7 Kings of Fermont 9 4 5 15 19 −4
8 Torrijas Wizards 9 4 5 16 21 −5
9 Lagos Yetis 9 4 5 14 19 −5
10 Maihar Warriors 9 2 7 12 24 −12
Meh

Mytanija
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Mytanija » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:34 am

DIFFICULT DOUBLE UP AHEAD
MYTANIJA PREPARE FOR CASSADAIGUA, KOHNHEAD DOUBLE-HEADER WITH TWO WINS

by Almedina Radovanovic

A full-strength Mytanija were able to whitewash Hebitaka in three sets in the team’s second game in the Volleyball World Expo. A dominant performance from the likes of Mira Gushtanova and newcomer to the squad Alenka Kokot ensured Hebitaka were dispatched handily, although a close second set did demonstrate that some players may be a bit rusty after the lay-off following the conclusion of the MOF Top League season. Mytanija’s second game of their first double-header of VWE 12 came against an unranked country in the form of Malandrin. Radina Ristic used none of her first-choice options and Mytanija were made to work for the victory, with the match turning into a five-set epic after Mytanija found themselves 2-1 down after three sets. The fact that Mytanija won both does mean that they are still undefeated at this stage, but they are a point behind Abanhfleft in the Group B standings after the Fleftic team’s impressive start to the tournament.

The Malandrin game will give Radina Ristic mixed feelings. On the one hand it could worry her, the Mytanar back-ups should be doing a more comprehensive job of beating an unranked team than they did. Most of them were involved in the previous VWE and this sort of result seems to be a bit of a continuation of the inconsistencies which dogged the team in the group stage last time around. It is possible that lessons haven’t been learned from that. However, it is also possible that that is simply the level of some of the back-up and rotation options in the squad. They’re good players that can win international matches, but they might not provide as smooth a ride as the bona fide starters in the Mytanar squad. In the VWE 11 group stage this sort of up and down form was commonplace, even within the same match. That was more or less what occurred against Malandrin as Mytanija went 1-0 up with a strong first set performance before dropping close sets in the second and third. Ristic will need her reserves to be a little more consistent during the group stage so she can allow the likes of Gushtanova, Kolar, Gemac and Marovic plenty of time to rest.

On the other hand, Ristic will be pleased with the steel and determination that this team displayed. The likes of Safija Bojic, Majda Omeragic and Zuzana Brajdic were handed their first starts of the tournament and they will be forgiven for a lack of sharpness given the lack of matches since the end of the domestic season. Omeragic was very good offensively as she led the team in scoring with 21 points. The sets that Mytanija lost were very tight, with Malandrin requiring extra attempts at set point on both occasions. Mytanija were dogged in fighting back to seal both the fourth and fifth sets, scoring three unanswered points at the end of the fourth to level proceedings before doing the same in the fifth to turn a 13-12 deficit into a 15-13 victory. The team showed a lot of heart to turn things around and they easily could have wilted under the spotlight at the end of the fifth too when the pressure really ramped up. Ristic will be pleased with how they did in the end, securing the win despite the match being closer than they would have liked, it ensures Mytanija go into a huge double-header against Cassadaigua and Kohnhead still undefeated.

It also meant that Ristic’s first choice players (Asenova, Marovic, Gushtanova, Kolar, Gemac and Kokot) were all rested for the rematch against the team Mytanija beat to win the world championship last time out, Cassadaigua. Having a deep squad will only pay dividends if Ristic allows them all to contribute, she cannot just call on the key players whenever the going gets tough. She showed her faith in some of those that are talked of as ‘reserves’ by keeping them in the Malandrin match even when things were going against the team. Now she has a full-strength starting line-up with no fatigue available against Cassadaigua. You can be sure that the Dagans will want to avenge their defeat in the final and the Kohnhead game straight after means things don’t get any easier. This will be the toughest double-header of the group stage for Mytanija and if they can come through it unscathed then it will leave them in a really strong position early on in this group.

MOF Top League teams looking overseas?

I always try to keep my ear to the ground to keep informed on what teams are doing around the domestic volleyball scene. In the run-up to the VWE there has been a lot of noise about MOF Top League teams looking to extensively scout the tournament so that they can run the rule over some of the best international talent with a view to bringing the best to Mytanar shores. The MOF Top League is one of the more lucrative domestic volleyball leagues around the multiverse, as evidenced by the Mytanar domestic transfer record being over NSD 400,000, a sum which is almost unheard of in this sport. As a result it is no surprise to see the top teams increasingly looking overseas to bolster Mytanija’s own domestic talent.

Mytanija might not be the richest country, but there always seems to be money available to fund sports and that is no different for volleyball. Volleyball’s popularity in Mytanija is enormous and the top clubs enjoy full to capacity attendances and large sponsorship deals. That money can then be used to improve their teams and there is a feeling that this will mean looking to new markets given that the best Mytanar players tend to be at the best five clubs and those five are very reluctant to sell to one another given that they are generally vying for success. The so called ‘big three’ of Litala ’93, Olympic Thessia and OK Rauchnya are untouchable at the top of the domestic game. In recent years Atletik Thessia and Avnalia Odbojka have crashed the party though and they now want to permanently disrupt the ‘big three’.

Speaking to sources that are close to the scouting departments at some of these clubs soon reveals that the rumours are true. There is ‘huge interest’ in ‘a number of players’ who will be competing at the VWE. One source says that ‘[looking overseas] is a natural development because the top clubs have exhausted their options domestically’, a claim which reflects the idea that those top five teams cannot really sign players from one another anymore. Mira Gushtanova’s move from Avnalia to Litala ’93 for the national record fee was deeply controversial for a reason. It was the country’s best young player moving from a potential contender to the team which was already strongest because the money on the table secured the future of both Avnalia Odbojka and Mira Gushtanova. Avnalia have since been further boosted by improved sponsorship deals, but there was a sense of disappointment about losing Gushtanova given the outstanding group of players that had emerged at the club at the same time. They had lost the diamond in their crown.

That means teams will look overseas and names which have been mentioned by sources have included a trio from Mytanija’s group rivals Abanhfleft in the form of Shannon Maquiling as well as Alessandra Vallejo and Alissa Anthony. Quebecois outside hitters Soo-Gyeong Yang and Natalia Horakcova were talked up as ‘brilliant offensive pieces which could slot right into a Top League squad’, whilst 19 year old opposite Natalie Wesoloski-Okafor is seen as ‘just what the two big Thessian clubs need’. Whether that inspires a battle between Olympic and Atletik for her signature remains to be seen. The player that scouts are most interested in seeing comes from one of the tournament’s dark horses in the form of 17 year old Græntfjaller Nyagũthiĩ Wanjirsdóttir. The teenager stands over two metres tall and is undoubtedly a raw talent at such a young age but one scout described her as being ‘a potential phenomenon’. Mytanar scouts will get to see Wanjirsdóttir play towards the end of the group stage, on match day 10.
FEDERATIVNA REPUBLIKA MYTANIJA
Federal Republic of Mytannion

Capital: Esca
Population: c. 49,600,000
Demonym: Mytanar

Interested in Mytanar sport? Visit the Mytanski sportski mediji web page

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:41 am

DISCLAIMER: Gaelic Gamers is an independents sports blogging website created by four cousins with a common liking and passion for sports of all kinds and is in no way or form affiliated with or organized by any official news organization in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. All statements and opinions posted here are our own and not anyone else's.

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Volleyball Vignettes
with Aisling Keane

Things are starting to go really smoothly over here in the Volleyball World Expo. That's now three wins on the trot for our Volleybelles as they continued their domination with a commanding 3-0 victory over Hebitaka. Yeah, I'm just as surprised about the whole thing as you are. And I also have to say that I'm kinda afraid. Every time Abanhfleft does well in the group stage, you just know that we are going to be piss-poor as soon as the playoffs roll around. Don't get me wrong; I'm still enjoying the victories as they come; it's just that I can feel the spectre of yet another future playoff loss looming over the horizon for us. But let's forget about the negativity for a moment. Screw that noise, as they say.

Once again, it was our lasses' experience which came out to benefit them throughout the game. It was a slow start, let's be real, but once the girls got over the initial hump that was that absolute banger of a first set, they just never looked back. It's a mirror image of the game against Reçueçn, where the girls started off strong and then had to fend off an impressive Reçu rally to clinch the third game-winning set. It would seem as if Rosemary Manabat and company have learned a few important lessons from the Reçueçn game, since they let the rally happen in the first set instead of the third. With the rally done and dusted, the Volleybelles could just focus on smacking some balls over their opponents and putting us in an incredible position after three matchdays.

Yes, at the moment, things are looking good for the Democratic Republic in the Volleyball World Expo. Sadly, given how the schedule is structured, we are going to have to close out our campaign against some of the best volleyball teams that the multiverse has to offer. Mytanija, Siovanija and Teusland, Kohnhead, Cassadaigua... This is going to be a very tough group stage. Our current head start could very well be what makes the difference between making it through to the playoffs and going home early. But there are good signs that we can sustain this charge. Barring a few sets, our girls have been keeping the opposition to some low scores and keeping the sets short. Conservation of energy at its finest. Quickly finishing off these sets could very well make the difference because we haven't tired ourselves out yet, and that saved energy could help us through if we happen to drag out some games against the big hitters. We might win some games, or we might not. But at least we're going about this whole thing the right way. I really can't say the same for some other tournaments that we've taken part in though, and for some reason that just makes me sad. It's like we can be good, but we just choose not to be. Oh, well. Such is life as an Abanhfleft fan.

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:51 am

No Way This Lasts: Experts Warn of Incoming Collapse after Chromatika Barely Puts Together Two Wins

QUEBEC - On paper, the Chromatik volleyball squad is 3-0 and tied with Hispinas and HUElavia atop the table. However, the squad has needed the fifth set against both Raspotochje and Nagore, prevailing just by the smallest of margins.

Cameron Gill shined on in the fifth set against Nagore, recording five kills. The Chromatik volleyball team has been quite good at the later sets, despite dropping some early sets.

Natanians and Nosts and Srednjaci are next for the squad, who won't have to face the top three seeds in the group until the next few matchdays.

It will be very hard to keep this run of form going, but they will try to do the most they can.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:12 pm

Even though Sarzonia's national volleyball team have gotten off to a 3-0 beginning to the 12th Volleyball World Expo, the questions Coach Alan Ryan was facing had little to do with the victories over Banija or Reçueçn.

No, the first question Ryan fielded after his Stars won a five-set battle with Reçueçn was about an opponent who doesn't arrive on the schedule until almost the end of group play.

"What do you make of comments from Mytanija about what they call disrespect from Sarzonian media?" Claire Brougham from The Portsmouth Monitor asked. She had no interest in asking about the closer-than-it-appeared straight set victory over multi-sport rivals Banija or the marathon against Reçueçn.

"What do I make of them, well," Ryan said before he paused. He had definite opinions about the defending champions of the event feeling slighted about Sarzonian media referring to the Cup of Harmony Round of Sixteen contest as the first meeting between Sarzonia and Mytanija in any sport or Sarzonian media dismissing Mytanija as one of the "other" teams in the group.

He was aware of the history between the countries. There was a history and it wasn't a pleasant one. However, he realised that his words could reignite the long-smouldering ashes of enmity from that era. He knew his charges were largely uninterested in the geopolitical implications of the Mytanar-Sarzonian relationship from so long ago. He felt it best to sidestep the question.

"I think that question is a little bit above my pay grade," he said. "Next question."

"Coach, what do you have to say about the perceptions of Mytanar media and what impact will that have on your match against Mytanija?" Ryan gave the reporter a look that screamed, are you fucking kidding me? The Stars didn't face Mytanija until the tail end of qualifying. No one knew if the match was going to be critical for either team to advance to the knockout rounds or not. He was focusing on the team's next matches against Hebitaka and Malandrin, who had just taken the Mytanars to five sets. Cassadaigua and Kohnhead were looming in the distance. The last thing Ryan wanted to talk about was Mytanija.

"We're not playing that team yet," he said. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there. Next question." He punctuated that response with a glare at Brougham.

"Coach, what have your players been saying about the controversy?"

Now Ryan had absolutely had enough.

"I'm not answering another fucking question about Mytanija!" he snapped, his face growing red and his eyes flashing with anger. "If you're not here to ask me about either of the matches we just played or about the two immediately ahead of us, I'm fucking done with you!" He stood up and stormed out of the room.

None of the Stars players would answer questions about the controversy, with outside hitter Dexter Jones saying," "Mytanija? Never heard of them."

"Um, where is that country?" setter Callie Stern said. "Don't they like speak Polish or something?"

"Myt-uh, uh Myt-?" reserve libero Kitt Bowser asked. "How do you say their name again? Never heard of them."
Last edited by Sarzonia on Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kohnhead
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kohnhead » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:13 pm

Team: Kohnhead National Volleyball Team (KNVT)
Nation Name: The Galatic Empire of Kohnhead
Shortened Name: Kohnhead
Nickname: The Brains
Record: 11-5
Colors: Dark Blue with Red Stripes (H) Light Red with Yellow and Blue alternating stripes (A)

Info: After a very surprising 2-1 run in Group H of the 9th World Volleyball Expo which saw us get to the round of 16, where we lost to Torisakia, volleyball became one of the more popular sports in Kohnhead. 2 years later it had overtaken basketball to become one of Kohnhead's big 4 sports in football, gridiron, tennis, and volleyball although baskbetball is looking to make it a big 5. Then the run to the semifinals and third place finish and as we return to Quebec and Shingoryeo for the 12th edition we are ranked 3rd in the Multiverse.

Formation: 5-1, 5 hitters 1 setter

Starters:
Right Side Hitter: #11 (C) Jonathon Posternan (M) 33, Kohnhead City Capitals
Setter: Luisa Doverman #28 (F) 26, Kohnface City Corvettes
Middle Blocker: Carlos Kirby #00 (M) 35 Barnley Bears
Opposite Hitter: Lily Callahan #07 (F) 24 Kohnhead City Capitals
Outside Hitter: Jamie Dunderhook #71 (M) 22 Kohnhead City University
Outside Hitter: Hailey Silverman #18 (F) 32 Kohnface City Corvettes
Libero: Kara Washburn #55 (F) 31 Kohnhead City Capitals

Bench Players/Reserves:
Middle Hitter: Lucy Blueford #99 (F) 23 Lithrop Athletes
Setter: Anderson Kirby #29 (M) 29 Barnley Bears
Setter: JD Crashington #16 (M) 27 Philtront Panthers
Outside Hitter: Sidney Wilson #17 (F) 30 Swisston Southeners
Libero: Clarkson Jawter #92 (M) 34 Swisston Southeners
Middle Blocker: Junior Stephens #7 (M), 27 Bingham Penguins

Coaching Staff: The coaching staff is comprised of the coaching staff of the Kohnhead City Capitals which was the same as WVE 9.
Head Coach: Marcus Modenson (M) 53 Kohnhead City Capitals
Assistant Coach: Caroline Monroe (F) 41 Kohnhead City Capitals
Assistant Coach: Bartholomew Domer (M) 66 Kohnhead City Capitals
Team Doctor: Austin Donnelly (F) 56 Kohnhead City Capitals
Kohnhead
Trigramme: KHD
Pop: 25 million
Football: 64th
Gridiron: 24th
Baseball: 15th
Basketball: 2nd
Volleyball: 2nd
Football:
Wonder Cup 2 - Champions
Di Bradini Cup 48 / U21WC 69 - 4th place

Tennis:
6 Ethanian Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Steinigestrasse Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Britonish Open - Winner (Doubles)

Gridiron:
NSCF 22 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)
NSCF 24 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)

Basketball:
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament - 2nd place

Baseball:
International Baseball Series 12 - 4th place

Volleyball:
Volleyball World Expo 11 - 3rd place
Volleyball World Expo 12 - 4th place

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:42 pm

Surviving and Thriving!

HUElavia pulls two statement victories over Baker Park and Quebec & Shingoryeo to prove their strength.

HUElavia 3-1 Commonwealth of Baker Park
(25-21, 25-23, 23-25, 25-18)
(Hersey Centre, Bathurst, Quebec and Shingoryeo)

Quebec and Shingoryeo 2-3 HUElavia
(15-25, 25-19, 27-25, 21-25, 13-15)
(Hersey Centre, Bathurst, Quebec and Shingoryeo)

Entering Matchdays 2 and 3, HUElavia was facing their first real tests of the Volleyball World Expo: 4th ranked Commonwealth of Baker Park and 6th ranked, as well as hosts, Quebec and Shingoryeo. Playing both games at Hersey Centre (13,450) in Bathurst gave way for two events- Playing one game with crowd advantage, and the other with crowd disadvantage. Las Amarillas/As Amarelas were facing off against a tough crowd for the second match and were needing to make the most of their situation in order to start the tournament on the right foot. In sold out crowd for both games, the ladies were determined to put up a strong performance to set a statement to the tournament.

The first game saw close battles between HUElavia and Baker Park. Rocha Domingues and Yakovna were the stars for the team in this match, getting points left and right for the team, along with the help of Fukuyama and Agu. Off the bench Tao and Khadra were the main players for the team. First two sets went narrowly to HUElavia, where they managed to get the winning shots down, but the third was narrowly won by Baker Park. In the fourth set, HUElavia got the winning set, getting a game-winning shot done by Nguyen to take the second victory in the tournament.

The second game against hosts Quebec and Shingoryeo, both teams were going at each other's throats with plays. Given the height advantage of the Quebecoise players, the HUElavians had to push to their limits to get plays through. Rocha Domingues and Cabral de Ávila were the main stars for the team, while off the bench, Tassi and Tirabassi played their roles to keep HUElavia going in the match. Las Amarillas/As Amarelas won the first set, but the next two involved a solid win by Q&S in the second, and a narrow victory in the third. With the crowd cheering with passion, and with their back to the wall, HUElavia began to play hard, and won the next two sets with close victories, silencing the crowd and taking another victory in the VWE.

With the victories, HUElavia has 8 Points with a 3-0 record, only bested by Hispinas, who has won a perfect 9 Points (3-0) so far. The next two matches will be against Kriegiersien (10) and Hispinas (15), where Las Amarillas/As Amarelas will be playing the games once again at Hersey Centre (13,450), in Bathurst. The team is training hard and well for these games, enjoying the fact they got past the two most difficult matches in their group up to now. The fans are also looking to return back to the arena, to cheer on in full support. Here's to another two fun and entertaining games!

FORCA HUELAVIA! VAMOS HUELAVIA! GO HUELAVIA!

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:52 pm

Hersey Arena, Bathurst
After HUElavia-Q&S match

‘For one, that’s a very frustrating match,’ Heo Myeong-Yoon sat in a private box she rented for the duration of the tournament at the Hersey Centre, visible signs of frustration in her eyes as the superstar point guard continued to speak. ‘Missed blocks, a couple of reception errors and things really turned out to be the same- third straight loss to the same opponent, for the third straight tournament.’ She was sitting opposite her sister-in-law, the QBC guest commentator Naomi Goldbloom. While she’s the spouse to the most famous Quebecois baseball player, the Concord Heights Royals and Quebec and Shingoryeo Grim Reapers third baseman Heo Myeong-Shin, the thirty-year old woman stuck with using her surname.

Of course, one of the first people who had known about the decision, made back when the couple were still dating, was Myeong-Yoon. They were former teammates not only at the women’s Junior national team, but also played in the same club team for four years before Naomi went to Queen’s College for a college career twelve years ago.

‘I could see that the setters were nervous to be on the other side of Avila.’ Naomi agreed, still looking at the court that’s slowly getting emptied after the end of the fifth set. She was feeling slightly thirsty, with her neck feeling the rust from being away from the court for so long, but was waiting for the arena to empty so they could head to a restaurant just outside the Bathurst Yamada.

Twenty, twenty four and they still lose, that’s what particularly bothered her deep inside, as she recalled the number of points scored by Yang Soo-Gyeong and Natalie Wesoloski-Okafor. As a setter, Naomi knew the worst feeling out there was that the Quebecois women did most things correctly from the game plan standpoint, but still found ways to lose it on the final set. A couple of defensive mismatches, followed by a service error when down 11-13, certainly wasn’t a way anybody wanted to set things up.

‘This does make me think though,’ Myeong-Yoon responded, her face trying to give a light grin as she was being reminded of the past. ‘Do you remember when you were still high schoolers, and we once talked about how it would be the greatest thing for us to play in the very same competition Lexie (author’s note: nickname of Alexanne Bayley, the women’s team captain) and her ladies?’ Myeong-Yoon and Naomi were of course both wearing suits, with the finest of blazers one could find for the professional, given their relative status and whatnot. But there once was a time when they were the two of the troika that many had thought of.

‘Why, yes.’ Naomi agreed, raising her eyebrows upon the reminder. ‘The idea was for Lexie to receive the serve, me to give a fast, low back toss, and you to hit it from the back row.’ Naomi mused the possibility, a decade having passed between then and now. ‘Who would have thought that you would stick with basketball, and I retire because of medical reasons after my rookie season in the pros? Now it’s just Lexie left, with all the young girls in between.’

‘At least the kids are handling the fact well, right?’ Myeong-Yoon asked, enquiring about the two beautiful kids between her brother and Naomi. ‘Like, the fact that their mother was once considered the next coach Kim (Yu-Jin), or Naloe Miro (author’s note: the setter of the 2020 Centralis-Nassau Bay gold-medal winning team), or you know, even though she rarely mentions about it I bet…’

‘Not yet, but I’m sure their grandpa is telling them all about it.’ Naomi chuckled, as she noticed that the arena’s practically empty. Now it was a good time for them to go. ‘You know, the Doc (author’s note: Dr. Heo Dong-Soo, the father of Myeong-Shin and Myeong-Yoon, was a former national team fencer who has served as history and comparative literature professor for thirty years at Queen’s College, Kingston and St. Croix universities) is certainly enjoying his sabbatical spending time with Seung-Geon and Seung-Rahn. But my, that's long time ago...’
Last edited by Quebec and Shingoryeo on Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:56 pm

Group A - Matchday 4

Raspotochje                      17  25  20
Nagore 25 27 25

Natanians and Nosts 20 25 25 22
Chromatika 25 27 20 25

Srednjaci 21 26 14 25
Permecutan 25 24 25 27

Bollonich 22 23 18
Hispinas 25 25 25

HUElavia 16 20 23
Kriegiersien 25 25 25

Commonwealth of Baker Park 16 20 17
Quebec and Shingoryeo 25 25 25

1 Hispinas 4 4 0 12 3 +9 12
2 Chromatika 4 4 0 12 6 +6 10
3 Quebec and Shingoryeo 4 3 1 11 5 +6 9
Kriegiersien 4 3 1 10 5 +5 9
5 HUElavia 4 3 1 9 6 +3 8
6 Permecutan 4 2 2 8 7 +1 6
7 Commonwealth of Baker Park 4 2 2 7 7 0 6
8 Nagore 4 1 3 6 9 −3 4
9 Bollonich 4 1 3 6 10 −4 4
Natanians and Nosts 4 1 3 6 10 −4 3
11 Raspotochje 4 0 4 2 12 −10 1
12 Srednjaci 4 0 4 3 12 −9 0

Group A - Matchday 5

Quebec and Shingoryeo            26  25  25
Raspotochje 24 22 21

Kriegiersien 19 23 21
Commonwealth of Baker Park 25 25 25

Hispinas 17 14 18
HUElavia 25 25 25

Permecutan 25 25 27

Bollonich 18 16 25

Chromatika 22 25 25 25 12
Srednjaci 25 27 19 23 15

Nagore 25 25 17 25 11
Natanians and Nosts 19 23 25 27 15

1 Quebec and Shingoryeo 5 4 1 14 5 +9 12
2 Hispinas 5 4 1 12 6 +6 12
3 HUElavia 5 4 1 12 6 +6 11
4 Chromatika 5 4 1 14 9 +5 11
5 Commonwealth of Baker Park 5 3 2 10 7 +3 9
6 Permecutan 5 3 2 11 7 +4 9
7 Kriegiersien 5 3 2 10 8 +2 9
8 Natanians and Nosts 5 2 3 9 12 −3 5
9 Nagore 5 1 4 8 12 −4 5
10 Bollonich 5 1 4 6 13 −7 4
11 Srednjaci 5 1 4 6 14 −8 2
12 Raspotochje 5 0 5 2 15 −13 1

Group B - Matchday 4

Felinetopia                      25  25  27
Banija 23 9 25

Reçueçn 14 19 25 25 15
Græntfjall 25 25 23 17 11

Hebitaka 14 21 21
Sarzonia 25 25 25

Malandrin 21 22 26 25 15
Abanhfleft 25 25 24 19 6

Cassadaigua 23 17 25 16
Mytanija 25 25 18 25

Kohnhead 21 25 25 25
Siovanija and Teusland 25 14 12 10

1 Mytanija 4 4 0 12 4 +8 11
2 Kohnhead 4 4 0 12 5 +7 11
3 Sarzonia 4 4 0 12 4 +8 10
4 Abanhfleft 4 3 1 11 4 +7 10
5 Græntfjall 4 2 2 10 7 +3 8
6 Cassadaigua 4 2 2 8 8 0 6
7 Siovanija and Teusland 4 2 2 8 8 0 5
8 Felinetopia 4 1 3 6 9 −3 4
9 Malandrin 4 1 3 6 11 −5 3
Reçueçn 4 1 3 6 11 −5 3
11 Hebitaka 4 0 4 2 12 −10 1
12 Banija 4 0 4 2 12 −10 0

Group B - Matchday 5

Siovanija and Teusland           20  25  25  25
Felinetopia 25 14 10 15

Mytanija 25 20 16 23
Kohnhead 21 25 25 25

Abanhfleft 20 18 20
Cassadaigua 25 25 25

Sarzonia 25 25 26
Malandrin 17 10 24

Græntfjall 25 20 22 25 15
Hebitaka 20 25 25 15 5

Banija 25 25 25
Reçueçn 13 18 21

1 Kohnhead 5 5 0 15 6 +9 14
2 Sarzonia 5 5 0 15 4 +11 13
3 Mytanija 5 4 1 13 7 +6 11
4 Abanhfleft 5 3 2 11 7 +4 10
Græntfjall 5 3 2 13 9 +4 10
6 Cassadaigua 5 3 2 11 8 +3 9
7 Siovanija and Teusland 5 3 2 11 9 +2 8
8 Felinetopia 5 1 4 7 12 −5 4
9 Banija 5 1 4 5 12 −7 3
10 Malandrin 5 1 4 6 14 −8 3
Reçueçn 5 1 4 6 14 −8 3
12 Hebitaka 5 0 5 4 15 −11 2
Last edited by Quebec and Shingoryeo on Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:18 pm

BP Volleyball looking towards remaining foes
Barry Glenwood
The Daily Mail Staff Writer

The Commonwealth National Women's Volleyball Team have nearly reached the halfway point of group play at the World Volleyball Expo in Quebec and Shingoryeo, with the fixture list falling into place that could see the team advance to the knockout rounds for the fourth straight time.

At 3-2, BP sit fifth in the 12 team Group A table, with their next three opponents the sides around them in the standings; Hispinas (3rd), Pemecutin (6th) and Chromatika (4th) are the contenders who will vie with Baker Park for one of the spots in the top four places, along with the hosts and number one ranked HUElavia.

The three wins against Bollonich (3-1), Raspotochje (3-0), and Kriegiersien (3-0) showcased the team at their best, while the defeats also saw determined efforts undermined by unforced errors and low hitting percentages.

Head Coach Doreen Patrick looked at the overall results as the scenario she would've considered the wordt case prior to the tournament.
"I don't think it was in anyone's best interests that the three top ranked teams in the group played each other on three consecutive match days, but what's important now is that we focus on taking care of our business and not overlooking any of the remaining opponents. The inconsistency we've shown can be smoothed out if we concentrate on our defense a bit more, which will help the attack."
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:56 am

WORLD VOLLEYBALL EXPO 12

ANA WANG : Dear viewers, welcome to the show about volleyball. Of course, the next minutes are dedicated to representative volleyball. World Volleyball Expo 12 is a tournament that is also the last major preparation of our pre-Olympic Games. The Summer Olympics are the highlight of the sports season and we are all looking forward to it.
At Expo competition 11, our national team did not shine. We saw a lot of flaws in the game. Volleyball was still in its infancy in our country at the time. The beginnings are always difficult, we learn a lot about game at the beginnings.
Great progress can be seen at EXPO 12. The national team is playing better and more competitive.
But still, we are looking for a first win .

MATCH DAY 1

Quebec and Shingoryeo            25  25  25
Srednjaci 22 22 17

Although we lost our first match against Quebec and Shingoryeo, our game did not completely disappoint. Against a strong team like Quebec and Shingoryeo, our volleyball team provided an excellent first two sets. The ball went fast, the field was covered very well in defense and the host had serious problems to break the resistance of our players. At the end of the set, however, the individual quality and experience of playing in big competitions comes to the fore.
In the third set, our players remain without freshness, they do not have big matches in their legs and arms, and here again Quebec and Shingoryeo have a big advantage. Simply, home players are also more physically fit. They get the third set convincingly.

MATCH DAY 2

Kriegiersien                     20  25  25  25
Srednjaci 25 22 23 14

After the first match and a good game against the hosts of this competition, it was the turn of the second match. Kriegiersien is our next opponent. It is a national team that is also a favorite against us. However, from the beginning, it was obvious that our volleyball players came out on the court with a lot more self-confidence.
The first match opened their eyes, they showed that they have quality and that they can fight.
With such an attitude and such a collective consciousness, they entered the first set full of optimism. Right at the start, they have a big advantage of 5: 0. They never took a 5-0 lead from anyone. Great game followed them throughout the set. Opponents managed to get to 17:15 at one point, just two points difference, however that’s all they managed to threaten in the first set. Our players took the first set of the tournament. In the second set, point for point was played. No national team managed to separate by two or more points difference. With the result 20:20, Kriegiersien makes a series of 3: 0, ours manages to get to 22:23 but the next two points go to Kriegiersien.
The third set is a tough fight again. Kriegiersien immediately makes a series of 3: 0 and 5: 1. However, our team managed to equalize at 11:11. We had the first lead in the third set at 17:16 and held the lead until 23:22. We make beginner mistakes on the service again and give the set to the opponents. It is amazing that our volleyball players managed to gamble the opportunity they had to take the lead 24:22 and get to the set ball. Thus with two inexplicable mistakes they gave the Kriegiersien set.
In the fourth set, aware of their mistakes, insecurity crept into our ranks. Error to error. On the other hand, the Kriegiersien game is rising and they are doing a series of 8: 2! There was no going back to the set.

MATCH DAY 3

Hispinas                         25  25  21  25
Srednjaci 23 23 25 16

New day, new match and new opponent. Our players are back on the field with a lot of confidence, regardless of the previous two goals. They come out with confidence for a reason. Their game is becoming more dangerous and competitive. They no longer have the fear of being attacked and taking responsibility. Hispinas is a far stronger team by name than us, but on the field it didn't look like that. The Hispinas players did not expect to have to do their best to win this match. The nuances decided that Srednjaci would win 3-0, but those nuances are a tribute to the inexperience of playing big tournaments. That is exactly why these nuances decided the match in favor of Hispinas.
Despite the new defeat, this is the best game of our volleyball players so far.

In the table as seen, we are again nailed to the very bottom.
However, the game of our volleyball players tells us that we still belong more to the middle, but the results are what counts.

1 Hispinas 3 3 0 9 3 +6 9
2 HUElavia 3 3 0 9 3 +6 8
3 Chromatika 3 3 0 9 5 +4 7
4 Quebec and Shingoryeo 3 2 1 8 5 +3 7
Commonwealth of Baker Park 3 2 1 7 4 +3 6
6 Kriegiersien 3 2 1 7 5 +2 6
7 Bollonich 3 1 2 6 7 −1 4
8 Permecutan 3 1 2 5 6 −1 3
9 Natanians and Nosts 3 1 2 5 7 −2 3
10 Nagore 3 0 3 3 9 −6 1
11 Raspotochje 3 0 3 2 9 −7 1
12 Srednjaci 3 0 3 2 9 −7 0

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:37 am

WORLD VOLLEYBALL EXPO 12

FIRST INTERNATIONAL WIN AT WORLD EXPO

ANA WANG : Dear viewers welcome to the show dedicated to volleyball. Of course the main news is the World Expo tournament. In previous matches we saw that our volleyball players had great games, they were close to their opponents but they lost. The day has come when our players recorded their first victory in history! The 25th national team of the world was defeated.
But let's go in order.

MATCH DAY 4

Permecutan                       25  24  25  27
Srednjaci 21 26 14 25

Permecutan, the nineteenth volleyball national team in the world, the national team we can play against and the national team that is victorious. Our volleyball players entered the match very focused and aggressively. The balls were very fast with great attacks from the second line. However, we are making mistakes again on the serve and in the first set we gave 8 points to the opponent, 8 cheap points that cost us the first set.
In the second set, a great game of ours again. But Permecutan is also raising his game. the set is very tense and atomic volleyball is played. Neither team gives up in the game. With the result of 24:24, our volleyball players still manage to score twice in a row and take the set.
In the third set, there is a slight loss of concentration in our ranks. The confusion surrounding the attack and the late setting up of the block resulted in Permecutan convincingly winning the set.
In the fourth set we see a game similar to the second set. Our national team is raising its style of play again, they are accurate and precise again, but this time in the finals, the Permecutan players reach two points in a row, winning the set and the match.

MATCH DAY 5

Srednjaci                        25  27  19  23  15
Chromatika 22 25 25 25 12

The day dawned, finally luck was on our side. They say that happiness accompanies the brave. we had courage in this tournament but luck was lacking. Chromatika is the 25th volleyball team in the world, and that team that has great ambitions. Chromatika had four wins in a row, a big run towards the top of world volleyball. But on the way to the fifth victory stood our national team. Our volleyball players have been close to win several times but they did not succeed, but they came out stronger from those defeats. Each time they learned something new and each time they adapted and looked for a small space to attack.
Chromatika felt on their skin that Srednjaci is a far better team now than in the first round. This victory will enter the annals of sports, it will also enter the annals of world volleyball. Incredibly fast and strong volleyball was played, volleyball worthy of the finals of any major world competition. There were a few mistakes on both sides, the defenses were great, long points were played. This kind of volleyball was expected from Chromatika but not from Srednjaci.

Let’s remind ourselves of our lineup playing in this championship. As you can conclude there are big changes compared to the previous performance at EXPO 11.
This line-up is taller and stronger, however it has not lost on speed and technique.

Starters

Kornelija Vlašić - 203 cm - Left side hitters – Bistua Nuova ( co Captain)
Mario Traparić – 210 cm- Right side hitter – Rudar Raduč
Ivan Jureković – 205 cm – middle hitter – King Stars Katanija ( Captain)
Vedran Žlender – 189 cm – Setter – King Star Katanija
Nataša Vemenarić – 180 cm – Libero – Melarit Volley
Robert Mamić – 202 cm – middle blocker – Dalatija

Bench
Ivona Kutranić – 206 cm – right side hitter – Bistua Nuova
Tanja Jerković – 189 cm- setter – Tower Sky Kula
Sanjin Milanović – 203 cm – middle blocker – King Star Katanija
Ivan Đurešić – 202 cm – left side hitter – Podgora
Marijan Hrtenović – 207 cm- middle hitter – Dalatija
Suzy Ling – 182 cm – Libero – Ota Moru Melarit
Valentina Gačić – 185 cm - Defensive Specialist – Ota Moru Melarit

Playing : 5-1 Formation
Coach : Hrvoje Rebić

The situation on the table is a little better now and we are entering the continuation of the competition with a lot more optimism.
We play against the best in the world, but also against national teams that we can beat and from which we are, objectively speaking, better.

1 Quebec and Shingoryeo 5 4 1 14 5 +9 13
2 HUElavia 5 4 1 12 6 +6 12
3 Hispinas 5 4 1 12 6 +6 12
4 Chromatika 5 4 1 14 9 +5 11
5 Commonwealth of Baker Park 5 3 2 10 7 +3 9
6 Permecutan 5 3 2 11 7 +4 9
7 Kriegiersien 5 3 2 10 8 +2 9
8 Natanians and Nosts 5 2 3 9 12 −3 6
9 Nagore 5 1 4 8 12 −4 5
10 Bollonich 5 1 4 6 13 −7 4
11 Srednjaci 5 1 4 6 14 −8 2
12 Raspotochje 5 0 5 2 15 −13 1

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:05 am

Even though only a few of the players on the Sarzonian national volleyball team have even graduated and completed A-levels, and none of them have even reached 20 years of age, fatigue was still beginning to be a factor after two of the first three matches went the full five sets.

Thus, it was a relief for the Stars to have won their matches against Hebitaka and unranked Malandrin in straight sets, comfortably taking the matches against Hebitaka 14, 21 and 21 and against Malandrin 17, 10 and 24.

For libero Ed Reynolds, the straight sets victories gave him a chance to do something he was too exhausted to following the team's victory over Reçueçn. Homework.

"I still have a couple of papers to turn in before school ends," Reynolds said. "Plus, I have a final exam I have to do and submit to my physics teacher."

Reynolds may still do his homework during the free period between team practice sessions and the start of matches, but one form of homework he hasn't done is information about Mytanija.

"I've heard of that country," he said, "and I learned they won the Volleyball World Expo last time out, but I really don't know much about them."

The Stars have too much on their plate as it is, manager Alan Ryan said. After all, they face Cassadaigua, a traditional power in the sport followed up by third ranked Kohnhead in their next two matches. Siovanija and Teusland and Mytanija are also in the top 10 at fifth and seventh ranked in the multiverse, and both teams loom directly following the matches against the two highest ranked teams. It doesn't figure to get much easier right after that as Abanhfleft follow what is building up to be a highly-anticipated contest between the Stars and the Mytanars. Sarzonia wrap up their qualifying campaign with a contest against unranked Felinetopia, who just took Kohnhead to five sets and forced extra games in the fifth set, falling 25-11, 20-25, 19-25, 25-19 and 19-17 on Matchday 3. Manager Alan Ryan is likely to be wary of them despite their 1-4 record.

"We haven't clinched anything," he said. "Cassadaigua and Kohnhead are both going to be enormous tests of where we're at as a programme. We can't think too far ahead right now or we're going to end up on the outside looking in."

Bollonich
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Bollonich » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:36 am

The Karvian Chronicle

Two losses, as we are simply not up to it; VWE Matchdays 4&5

We had had some success against Kriegiersien as we defeated in 4 sets while also losing out to Quebec and Shingoryeo in 5 sets. Confidence was at a soaring high due to the victory against Kriegiersien. We had also put up strong performances in the matches against Baker Park and Quebec and Shingoryeo. We had Hispanis and Permecutan up next, two teams we should have a fighting chance against. However what we saw at the Norman Williams Arena was simply put shocking. We were not ready or we had underestimated our opponents. But as soon as the game started Hispanis came out all guns blazing taking the first set by storm and winning it 25-22. We had still put up a fight and were close, these surely was no reason to worry right? Well, as soon as they secured their win in the second set worries increased. Despite being close in both sets we had lost both of them lacking that finishing ability to take the game by it’s head. And with that Hispanis beat us in 3 sets by winning the third set 25-18. This was no better than a humiliation as we failed to live up to the quality we had shown against Baker Park, Quebec and Shingoryeo and also Kriegiersien. The team that took to the field and lost out to Hispanis seemed to be a shadow of the team we had seen in the first 3 Matchdays. It was being hoped that we would perform better in our next match against Permecutan, but little did we know we would fall as hard as possible. The first seemed to be an indication as to what was going to come as it was comfortably won by Permecutan, and the second set was not much different as they cemented their authority on the game with another win and this time with a larger margin of 25-16. Bollonich seemed ready to suffer another hard loss but we fought, fought hard. In the third set after a lot of effort the score was tied at 24-24. We would’ve just needed 2 points to win ourselves the set and along with that provide ourselves a lifeline. But it wasn’t us who got does points, it was Permecutan who then went on to win the set and the game.
These catastrophic defeats pushed us down to 10th position, which is good for a nation new to the sport of Volleyball but looking at our past results such defeats or lack of competition from our players is simply not acceptable. They should be ready to put in their all at all times and they clearly didn’t in these matches. However the last set against Permecutan shall definitely prove us with some hope as we face Chromatika next who have certainly been punching above their weight as they have recorded 4 wins out of their five matches meaning a win against them will be something very hard to achieve.

MD1 : Bollonich (UR) vs Commonwealth of Baker Park (4) @ Hersey Centre (Capacity: 13,450)
MD2 : Bollonich (UR) vs Quebec and Shingoryeo (6) @ Ssangye Arena (Capacity: 5,680)
MD3 : Bollonich (UR) vs Kriegiersien (10) @ Norman Williams Arena (Capacity: 10,890)
MD4 : Bollonich (UR) vs Hispanis (15) @ Norman Williams Arena (Capacity: 10,890)
MD5 : Bollonich (UR) vs Permecutan (19) @ Norman Williams Arena (Capacity: 10,890)
MD6 : Bollonich (UR) vs Chromatika (25) @ Norman Williams Arena (Capacity: 10,890)
MD7 : Bollonich (UR) vs Nagore (35) @ Ssangye Arena (Capacity: 5,680)
MD8 : Bollonich (UR) vs Natanians and Nosts (35) @ Hersey Centre (Capacity: 13,450)
MD9 : Bollonich (UR) vs Srednjaci (50) @ Ssangye Arena (Capacity: 5,680)
MD10 : Bollonich (UR) vs Raspotochje (UR) @ Hersey Centre (Capacity: 13,450)
MD11 : Bollonich (UR) vs HUElavia (1) @ Ssangye Arena (Capacity: 5,680)

Karvian Tigers defeat the Vreton Bulls in crucial encounter; BVL Matchdays 10-12 Roundup

Matchday 9 resented to us a very interesting proposition, the proposition of a highly competitive Bollonischian Volleyball League which was exactly what we were witnessing, and no one complained. Th stop places had a three way tie as three teams were on 6 wins. Matches had been tight and it was destined to get better as the season went on. Matchday 10 meanwhile had a number of delicious matchups as the Maihar Derby was back in town along with a battle between the Vreton Bulls and the Akusha Rovers two top sides. The match between the Vreton Bulls and Akusha Rovers was rightly expected to be a tight and interesting game. And the game didn’t fail to deliver as it went on for 5 sets. The third set of the game event went on for a ridiculous timing with the final scores being 31-29. It were the Vreton Tigers who emerged victorious as they beat Akusha Rovers 15-10 in the final set. The Maihar Derby meanwhile saw Maihar Warriors control the game, never letting it out of their grasp. They seemed calm and composed as they secured the win in an attempt to move upwards in the standings. Marda Frogs meanwhile won their 2nd game on a row in three sets as the same feat was also repeated by the Torrijas Wizards who beat the Karvian Tigers in 3 sets. This was a shocking defeat for the Karvian Tigers as the Vreton Bulls now stood at first place ahead of all others by winning 7 games. In another 5 set game, San Pablo Rockers were humbled in what was a hugely interesting and competitive as Kings of Fermont beat the San Pablo Rockers. Matchday 11 saw the most amount of games go to 5 sets as three out of the five games went to five sets. The first of these was the game between the Maihar Lions and the Marda Frogs, which went to the 5th set following a great comeback by the Frogs in the 3rd and 4th sets. However they didn’t manage to keep this up as they lost to the Lions in the final set. The same fate also befell to the Kings of Fermont against Torrijas Wizards as after they made a comeback to take the game into the 5th set, they managed to lose out by an extremely close margin allowing the Wizards to record yet another win. San Pablo Rockers overtook Akusha Rovers in the standings as the Rockers best the Yetis in four sets while a motivated Rovers side were taken down by the talented and experienced Karvian Tigers. Karvian Tigers whoever remained in second place as the Bulls won against the Maihar Warriors in three comfortable sets.
The 12th match day to the surprise of almost everyone featured not even a single 3 set game. Another surprise was that the Bulls had finally fallen and to others then the Karvian Tigers who had just defeated the Akusha Rovers in the last match day. The match was an epic encounter which was decided in the last set as the Tigers won it 15-12. Akusha Rovers lost their second game in a row, this time to the Kings of Fermont who now had an equal number of wins with the Rovers. The two bottom teams in the league also recorded a win each, as the Warriors defeated the Frogs and the Lagos Yetis recorded a win against the Torrijas Wizards. The BVL remained hugely tight even following 12 Matchdays as the league doesn’t seem to loosen up a little bit which shows promise for the remaining part of the season.

Vreton Bulls 22 25 31 19 15
Akusha Rovers 25 17 29 25 10

Torrijas Wizards 25 25 25
Karvian Tigers 23 23 14

San Pablo Rockers 25 19 19 25 13
Kings of Fermont 23 25 25 18 15

Marda Frogs 25 25 26
Lagos Yetis 19 21 24

Maihar Warriors 25 25 26
Maihar Lions 21 21 24
Maihar Warriors 20 19 16
Vreton Bulls 25 25 25

Maihar Lions 25 25 24 21 15
Marda Frogs 21 15 26 25 7

Lagos Yetis 24 25 12 19
San Pablo Rockers 26 21 25 25

Kings of Fermont 18 17 25 25 9
Torrijas Wizards 25 25 22 22 15

Karvian Tigers 19 25 26 17 15
Akusha Rovers 25 23 24 25 12
Vreton Bulls 22 25 20 25 12
Karvian Tigers 25 16 25 20 15

Akusha Rovers 25 20 22 20
Kings of Fermont 17 25 25 25

Torrijas Wizards 22 25 18 25
Lagos Yetis 25 20 25 27

San Pablo Rockers 25 25 7 25
Maihar Lions 22 13 25 20

Marda Frogs 25 25 25 15 13
Maihar Warriors 27 22 13 25 15

Bollonischian Volleyball League Pld W L SF SA SD
1 Vreton Bulls 12 8 4 28 17 +11 Playoffs, VCL
2 Karvian Tigers 12 8 4 26 19 +7 Playoffs, VCL

3 San Pablo Rockers 12 7 5 31 22 +9 Playoffs
4 Akusha Rovers 12 6 6 25 21 +4 Playoffs

5 Kings of Fermont 12 6 6 23 25 −2
6 Torrijas Wizards 12 6 6 23 26 −3
7 Marda Frogs 12 5 7 22 22 0
8 Maihar Lions 12 5 7 23 30 −7
9 Lagos Yetis 12 5 7 18 26 −8
10 Maihar Warriors 12 0 8 18 29 −11
Last edited by Bollonich on Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meh

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:55 am

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Volleyball Vignettes
with Aisling Keane

Oh, for fuck's sake. Bloody Nora! From first back down to fourth. Two games after I said that things were looking great, now things are anything but. Then again, I always said that Cassadaigua was always going to be a tough opponent to beat. But I have no doubt in my mind that we would have been able to go toe to toe with the Fillies had we just been able to seal the deal against Malandrin. Oh, bloody Malandrin. God bloody damn it! The lasses got too cocky, too confident against them. We had them on their knees. We should have finished them off when we had the chance. But no. We let them come back from the brink, and now we're paying the price.

Morale really is such an important thing, whether it's in a war or in sports. The win against Banija, our sporting rivals to boot, was a massive boost to our morale coming into this tournament. Everyone was down in the dumps after yet another display of our bottling prowess in the Cup of Harmony, and it's safe to say that everyone has doubts that we can make an impact in even a relatively small tournament like the Volleyball World Expo. Then we managed to come out on top against Banija, and now everyone's got their confidence back. Things were boosted even further with those wins over Hebitaka and Reçueçn, possibly even to the point of hubris. Malandrin looked like yet another easy win; we already had them down by two sets. Then Malandrin managed to take set number three, then set number four, and before you know it, they've managed to turn things around and took the final decisive set. I will to my deathbed point to that third set against Malandrin as the point where our VWE campaign was well and truly derailed, should such an event come to pass. This could very well be the moment where we saw the straw that broke the camel's back. Once again I will say that if we had won against Malandrin, we would have been able to hold out against Cassadaigua. Probably. Whether we actually win or not against the Dagans, I cannot say. But I am certain we would have been able to hold our own, even take it all the way to five sets. Certainly we won't get dominated like what actually happened.

And things aren't going to get any better from here. We're still yet to play the likes of Graintfjall, Kohnhead, Siovanija and Teusland, and the big one: Sarzonia. There are still a lot of big names standing in the way of another spot in the playoffs. And given our recent form, I can safely say that I've lost some confidence that we can actually do this. But the truly big blow came from the Malandrin loss. Cassadaigua I was almost ready to write off, just because of the name behind the team. But bloody Malandrin? Ugh! Might as well call me the Woman from Markovsky for the number of times I said "Christ above!" while watching that match. After such a good start, it looks like we're about to go downhill once again. Typical Abanhfleft, amirite?

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

Felinetopia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Felinetopia » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:20 pm

Cat Sports
Claw-Proof Volleyball Approved by Tournament Officials

After a weeks of testing, the tournament officials for the Volleyball World Expo have approved a new ball to be played at the remaining Felinetopian matches. This comes as a relief for both both players and officials ass it reduce the number of volleyballs damaged during matches featuring the Felines. Pawlding and Victory, sports ball manufacturing companies of the Small Cat Alliance and Beaver River respectively, started research and development of the balls as soon as Felinetopia's participation in the Volleyball World Expo was announced. The joint knowledge of the two companies sped up the development of the ball as Pawlding already use claw-proof materials for volleyballs developed for the Feline World while Victory had experience developing volleyballs that matches the international standards. After the development was finished, a series of tests to ensure that the volleyballs acted in a similar manner as the volleyballs already in use for the Expo including a field test where various teams practiced using the balls. After the review of the tests, tournament officials in Quebec emergency approved of the use of the volleyballs in matches featuring Felinetopia. "This a godsend for us as we go through so many volleyballs through matches featuring Felinetopia because of ball damage due to claws. Now we do not have to waste as many balls now," said one tournament official. Pawlding hopes to improve the ball so that it becomes a standard ball in future multiversal volleyball competitions.

Schedule
Group B
MD1: vs. Cassadaigua (2) L 1-3
MD2: vs. Græntfjall (22) L 0-3
MD3: vs. Kohnhead (3) L 2-3
MD4: vs. Banija (33) W 3-0
MD5: vs. Siovanija and Teusland (5) 1-3
MD6: vs. Reçueçn (T-35)
MD7: vs. Mytanija (7)
MD8: vs. Hebitaka (50)
MD9: vs. Abanhfleft (11)
MD10: vs. Malandrin (UR)
MD11: vs. Sarzonia (17)
Basically a Feline European Union
Demonym: Feline (Cats), Felinetopian (Government)
Member-Nations: Small Cat Alliance, Lynx Union, Cheetah Republic, Leopard's Dominion
Institutional Center (de facto capital): Purrlin
Cat Ages to Human Age Table
IAC 13 3rd Place

Mytanija
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Mytanija » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:35 pm

MIXED RESULTS FOR MYTANAR VOLLEYBALL
SPLITTING GAMES AGAINST GROUP’S TOP SEEDS LEAVES TEAM WITH WORK TO DO

by Almedina Radovanovic

Mytanija were back to full-strength for their game against Cassadaigua and the team performed as you would expect with a fairly dominant 3-1 win against the same team they had beaten to win the world title at VWE 11. Mira Gushtanova was back to her scintillating best, scoring 20 points and playing in all four sets in a really dominating offensive showing. Alenka Kokot also played lights out defensively after a slow start in the first set, making important blocks on the defensive end in the second and fourth sets. There is the makings of a really fine unit among Radina Ristic’s first choice players, particularly at the net with Gushtanova, Kolar and Kokot. Sara Gemac has also played well in a number of roles and has demonstrated why Ristic goes with her ahead of a second setter when she needs a higher level of defensive ability in the team.

Oana Asenova has impressed in stretches during the early knockings of her international career and was particularly good during the tight first set, making a couple of vital digs off the Dagans’ serve. Ristic described Asenova as ‘coming to terms with the necessary level very quickly’ at this VWE and whilst some might say that that is just Ristic trying to give the young libero some confidence she has done well with a great deal of pressure on her. She has huge shoes to fill with Nevzeta Majstorovic coming before her at the position, a captain that led Mytanija to the volleyball world championship. The learning curve from domestic competition to international matches is sometimes difficult, but Asenova has acquitted herself well and should only get better with more experience. Kokot has taken to international competition like a goose to water (ed: this is the Mytanar version of the idiom ‘like a duck to water’, owing to Mytanija being a part of the Goose Coast sub-region of Rushmore), showing a real physical presence at the net and relishing the match-up against Cassadaigua.

The second match of this double-header was less kind to Mytanija, as they came up against the group’s second seeds Kohnhead. Mytanija defeated Kohnhead to qualify for the VWE 11 final and would have felt relatively confident coming into this match off the back of a win over Cassadaigua, a country regarded as Mytanija’s main rivals in this sport by Mytanar supporters. Ristic stuck with her policy of rotating her team, plumping for a starting line-up of Natasa Radic, Safija Bojic, Majda Omeragic, Dobrila Pavlovic, Ljubena Trpkoska and Rafaela Kostenceva. They started well, coming out of the blocks quickly to win the first set 25-21. After that they were disappointing and Ristic called upon Milka Marovic and Sara Gemac to try and turn things around but it was a little too late with Kohnhead running out 3-1 winners overall. The third set will have been of particular concern as Mytanija faltered to a 25-16 defeat, with the fourth not being much better as they gave up a 23-21 lead to lose 25-23.

“Some of these players have demonstrated why they aren’t starters as yet and hopefully this defeat will put some fire in their bellies to keep improving. I know players always want to be first choice and we can see that they have work to do if they want to get to that stage,” Ristic was critical of her players post-game, although unwilling to be drawn upon exactly which of the team she was referencing. She is a master of influencing her teams psychologically though and has a great track record of success, she knows what she is doing. Kohnhead were the better team on the night and it leaves Mytanija sitting a few points behind their opponents and the Sarzonians, the only two teams left with perfect records in the tournament. Radina Ristic had little to say about the latter team, despite Mytanija seeming to be a pretty important subject among Sarzonian media, even if their players were uninterested.

“I’m not really bothered about that.” Ristic said. “We’ve got a number of games between now and playing Sarzonia and I’m sure their coaching staff are similar to myself in trying to keep the team focused on the next game and not looking too far into the future. I’m not sure I’d be pleased with my players if they had made some of the comments that some of their players have made, but then they have a very young team so perhaps it’s just a maturity thing. If they are being disrespectful we will be respectful and try to do our talking out on the volleyball court. We will conduct ourselves in a manner which is fitting for world champions and they can do their thing, I’m not interested in a media-confected rivalry.”

It was a lengthier response than you might expect from someone who wasn’t ‘bothered’ or ‘interested’ in what has been going on in the background of Mytanija and Sarzonia’s VWE campaigns. Ristic is very much a no-nonsense coach though and when she explains herself once she doesn’t do it again. Mytanar journalists knew better than to ask her follow-up questions. It’s something which could rumble on throughout this tournament given that both Mytanija and Sarzonia appear to be in contention for some of the top spots in Group B. Mytanija sit down in third place after five games on 11 points whilst Sarzonia are top with a perfect record and 14 points. Depending on what happens in the intervening period the game between the two could end up being crucial in deciding who finishes where in the top few spots of the group. It could lead to an excellent head-to-head match-up and some really tough competition as each tries to outdo the other to secure a strong group finish. The first concern for each will be qualifying from a really difficult group – not a sure thing for either nation – then their sights will turn to ensuring they have as high a seeding as possible. We could be in for a really exciting battle.
FEDERATIVNA REPUBLIKA MYTANIJA
Federal Republic of Mytannion

Capital: Esca
Population: c. 49,600,000
Demonym: Mytanar

Interested in Mytanar sport? Visit the Mytanski sportski mediji web page

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:01 pm

VOLLEYBALL WORLD EXPO 12
TEAM CASSADAIGUA

Cassadaigua has appeared in the Volleyball World Expo often throughout its history, and were the champions of the sixth edition, which came one tournament after hosting the fifth VWE. Team Cassadaigua was also the runner up in VWE 4.
Coach: Shannon O’Rourke (59)

– She was young when she was the head coach of our championship winning VWE 6 team, so even with adding for IC years between each tournament, it’s realistic for her to be back even though it has OOCly been seven years since that tournament.

Starters:
S: #10- Kristen Kruse (28)
OH: #18- Gabrielle Nugent (25)
OH: #15- Lauren Delcourt (31)
MH: #7- Hannah Driscoll (31)
MH: #5- Katelynn Wood (22)
L: #16- Lindsey Klevankin (29)

Bench:
S: #13- Julia Diravallo (30)
OH: #14- Kerrianne Dozier (24)
OH/MH: #21- Becky Phelan (26)
MH: #19- Chelsea Friedman (24)
L: #9- Jenna Freese (27)
Utility: #00- Margaret Randle (36)

RP Permissions:
Anything that can occur in a normal volleyball game is ok. With injuries, just say my player was hurt.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports