NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] The Big Black Truth

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Eroias
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

[Draft] The Big Black Truth

Postby Eroias » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:00 am

Good morning. It me, Eroias. Please give me advice and criticism because me want to get sense of accomplishment. I may or may not submit these for the Issue Writing Contest.
Title: The Big Black Truth

Validity: Invalid for nations that have low to non-existent political freedoms and/or nations that don't have the policy called: Public Protest

Description:
An unavoidable, vocal, and growing group of protesters have been gathering at @@CAPITAL@@ to voice out their complaints about politicians sowing discord throughout the country with horrible, misinformed policies and distortion or ignorance of the truth.

Choice #1: "It those EVIL members of the Demonstracratic Party, they're the ones who are lying!" boldly proclaims Republicationian Party Senator Stitch MacKernel. "They want to tear our great @@NAME@@ apart with their lies and propaganda. They want to take away the freedoms that every @DEMONYMNOUN@@ enjoys! But we here at the Republicationian Party represent the ideals that make @@NAME@@ great! We are the one who truly understand and represent the people of our great nation! Impeach those Demonstracrats and deport them out of this country!"

Fallout: more and more @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ citizens worship the great doctrine of maybe cutting welfare programs and pulling oneself by one's bootstraps

Choice #2: "Oh, please!" says Demonstracrat Senator Buck Shroomer, in a snarky tone. "We aren't the ones lying, those Republicanians are! They vehemently deny the existence of regional freezing, deny that gun restrictions are connected to lower gun violence, and so so so many more. Every word that comes out of their mouths are complete and utter lies. They are the ones who truly want to destroy this country. The things we do are for the good of all @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@, and nothing else. Impeach those Republicationians instead of us!"

Fallout: an increasing amount of @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ citizens believe in increasing taxes and increasing government size

Choice #3: "There we go with partisanship and pointing fingers again. I really don't get why we're letting this go on for longer." tiredly says @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Incredulously Simplistic Solutions. "Why don't we just increase the pay of politicians who tell the truth and decrease their pay if they tell lies? It's simple! Now let me move on, getting paid by the number of solutions I propose is the worst thing ever! It's tiring..."

Fallout: politicians only concern themselves with truth like true big-brained intellectuals, and not their jobs

Choice #4: "How naïve and simplistic!" says your Minister of Intragovernmental Affairs, @@RANDOMNAME@@, words filled with disdain. "Politicians have to lie because it's how they keep their job! It's how we keep OUR jobs, @@LEADER@@! Have you forgotten that fact? If politicians tell the truth all time and make their intentions clear, it'll be easier to DESTROY them like Benedict Shapeiro does with young high schoolers. It would be like a military leader making his battle plans known to the enemy during a war. So, how about you go with my solution instead, which is: Politicians must only do things that benefit ALL the people and make the people happy. Politicians should make the people the center of their entire lives. The bills they write, the bills they pass, the bills they block, the bills they sign into law, the laws they repeal, the way they interpret the Constitution, and just about everything they do in the government must prove to very beneficial to @@NAME@@ and to its citizens. If they don't do so, they can say goodbye to their career."

Fallout: all politicians figuratively (in some cases, literally) set themselves on fire to keep citizens warm

Title: The Big Black Truth

Validity: Invalid for nations that have low to non-existent political freedoms and/or nations that don't have the policy called: Public Protest

Description:
An unavoidable, vocal, and growing group of protesters have been gathering at @@CAPITAL@@ to voice out their complaints about politicians sowing discord throughout the country with horrible, misinformed policies and distortion or ignorance of the truth.

Choice #1: "It those EVIL members of those sinistral parties, they're the ones who are lying!" boldly proclaims dextral Senator @@RANDOMNAME@@. "They want to tear our great @@NAME@@ apart with their lies and propaganda. They want to take away the freedoms that every @DEMONYMNOUN@@ enjoys! But we, the dextral politicians, represent the traditional and national values that make @@NAME@@ great! We are the one who truly understand and represent the middle-class families and working-class of our great nation! Impeach those sinistrals and deport them out of this country, along with the foreigners that threaten the safety of @@NAME@@!"

Fallout: more and more @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ citizens worship the great doctrine of pulling oneself by one's bootstraps and the truth that is social stratification

Choice #2: "Oh, please!" says sinistral Senator @@RANDOMNAME@@ in a snarky tone. "We aren't the ones lying, those dextrals are! They vehemently deny science, still thinking that Violet created this world in just 7 minutes. They want to retain inequality and poverty, and they want to deny those who look and act different from @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ their basic human rights. Every word that comes out of their mouths are complete and utter lies. They are the ones who truly want to destroy this country. The things we do are for the good of all citizens of @@NAME@@, and nothing else. Impeach those dextrals instead of us!"

Fallout: an increasing amount of @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ citizens believe that rich people's money is "OUR money"

Choice #3: "There we go with partisanship and pointing fingers again. I really don't get why we're letting this go on for longer." tiredly says @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Incredulously Simplistic Solutions. "Why don't we just increase the pay of politicians who tell the truth and decrease their pay if they tell lies? It's simple! Now let me move on, getting paid by the number of solutions I propose is the worst thing ever! It's tiring..."

Fallout: politicians only concern themselves with truth like true big-brained intellectuals, and not their jobs

Choice #4: "How naïve and simplistic!" says your Minister of Intragovernmental Affairs, @@RANDOMNAME@@, words filled with disdain. "Politicians have to lie because it's how they keep their job! It's how we keep OUR jobs, @@LEADER@@! Have you forgotten that fact? If politicians tell the truth all time and make their intentions clear, it'll be easier to DESTROY them. It would be like a military leader making his battle plans known to the enemy during a war. So, how about you go with my solution instead, which is: Politicians must only do things that benefit ALL the people and make the people happy. Politicians should make the people the center of their entire lives. The bills they write, the bills they pass, the bills they block, the bills they sign into law, the laws they repeal, the way they interpret the Constitution, and just about everything they do in the government must prove to very beneficial to @@NAME@@ and to its citizens. If they don't do so, they can say goodbye to their career."

Fallout: all politicians figuratively (in some cases, literally) set themselves on fire to keep citizens warm

Current Draft being written!
Last edited by Eroias on Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Ioavollr
Attaché

Founded: Aug 18, 2006
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ioavollr » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:22 am

Hi!
I haven't critiqued issues before, so hopefully the following is helpful.
I think the seed of an idea about dishonest politicians may be sound; I especially like the dichotomy between allowing politicians to lie or not. The rest of this may be a bit on the nose with US politics. I haven't seen any issues that specifically reference political parties by name, nor any that directly reference names with points of view of sitting senators and media personalities. I think maybe obscuring the references a bit might help keep this more in line with other issues I've seen on the site.

Eroias
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eroias » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:53 pm

Ioavollr wrote:Hi!
I haven't critiqued issues before, so hopefully the following is helpful.
I think the seed of an idea about dishonest politicians may be sound; I especially like the dichotomy between allowing politicians to lie or not. The rest of this may be a bit on the nose with US politics. I haven't seen any issues that specifically reference political parties by name, nor any that directly reference names with points of view of sitting senators and media personalities. I think maybe obscuring the references a bit might help keep this more in line with other issues I've seen on the site.

Hello to you! Thanks so much for your critique! If you look at the current draft, you can see that I decided to just remove the references to the US political parties, along with the references to Mitch McConnell, Chuck Schumer, and Ben Shapiro. I figured that making no references to any specific politicians in a specific country would make it more relatable to people worldwide, as the thing I was making fun of in Choice #1 and Choice #2 was leftist politicians, rightist politicians, and their fights in every part of the world not just the US. I replaced leftist with sinistral, which means left, and rightist with dextral, which means right, just to make it even more obscure. Is this okay?

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:29 am

I think you can replace sinistral and dextral with conservative/liberal (or progressive), or any other similar axis. Whatever you end up on: the validity of this issue will change quite a bit, making it unusable for nations either on the left, or the right side (or the conservative/progressive sides, etc, etc).

There's a lot of fun to be had with this issue, but at the same time it might be too much on the nose. I'd like to hear from more experienced GI? people if they (dis)agree. It's also very American: right-wing must mean religious, unequal, while left-wing must mean restricting freedom, anti-traditional - that might not be the case for every nation (and in fact, it isn't). By putting so many adjectives about both sides in there, it's getting less and less applicable for most nations. It also implies this debate as being between two parties - why not 3? 5? 10?

Option 3 is lovely. Not so sure about the fallout line, I don't know if that's a commonly known word.

I don't really know what option 4 is about - both sides of the debate will already claim to do that.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:00 am

The premise seems very generic. It's basically "people are complaining about politicians."

Ko-oren wrote:I think you can replace sinistral and dextral with conservative/liberal (or progressive), or any other similar axis.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the "dextral" and "sinistral" stuff.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:45 am

What are they arguing about exactly? Religion? Propaganda? What?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Eroias
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eroias » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:04 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:What are they arguing about exactly? Religion? Propaganda? What?

In the 1st and 2nd choice, it's just the 2 politicians trying to push their own agenda, like all politicians do. Basically all they're doing is shifting blame to each other to get rid of each other. The "blame" being that whoever has it did the "horrible, misinformed policies" and "distortion or ignorance of the truth."
Last edited by Eroias on Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:46 pm

...Sinistral? I think you mean sinister. But even that doesn't sound right.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?