NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] End Conversion Therapy

A record of historical World Assembly debates.
User avatar
Tinhampton
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16214
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

[PASSED] End Conversion Therapy

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:30 pm

On the 27th of June 2021, End Conversion Therapy became GA#559!
This proposal has been submitted to the General Assembly Civil Rights Board.
NOTE: at 1122 BST on the 17th of June 2021, this proposal reached quorum with Elstomony's approval, the 59th all told.

Character count: 683
Word count: 98
Alexander Smith, Tinhamptonian Delegate-Ambassador to the World Assembly: We are aware of the Ban on Conversion Therapy. My colleagues will be seeking to repeal that shortly after the passage of this - which, as far as I know, is more wide-reaching.

OOC: Refer to Victor Madrigal-Borloz's findings on Practices of so-called "conversion therapy" and the Ban Conversion Therapy campaign. Regarding Article c, see GA#91.
Image
End Conversion Therapy
A resolution to improve worldwide human sapient and civil rights.
Category: Civil Rights
Strength: Mild
Proposed by: Tinhampton

Believing that LGBTQ+ people should not be persecuted simply for being LGBTQ+, the General Assembly hereby:
  1. defines "conversion therapy" as those interventions meant to alter or reverse any person's sexual orientation or gender identity,
  2. requires member states to prohibit the practice and advertisement of conversion therapy in all circumstances,
  3. clarifies that this resolution does not affect the right of willing individuals to seek and receive gender-adequation or -affirmation procedures, and
  4. strongly recommends that members provide all necessary and relevant support to those who have already undergone, or are likely to undergo, conversion therapy.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 11 times in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Lydia Anderson, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, LGA#484, LGA#491, LGA#533, LGA#540, LGA#549, SC#356, LGA#559, LGA#562, LGA#567, LGA#578, SC#374, LGA#582, SC#375, LGA#589, LGA#590, SC#382, SC#385, LGA#597, LGA#607, SC#415, LGA#647, LGA#656, LGA#664, LGA#671, LGA#674, LGA#675, LGA#677, LGA#680, Issue #1580, LGA#682, LGA#683, LGA#684, LGA#692, LGA#693, LGA#715, LGA#757, SC#526, LGA#763, LGA#788, LGA#791, LGA#792, LGA#798, LGA#799, LGA#800, LGA#807, LGA#814, LGA#817
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Torchbearer of Aeternum; fourth-most-prolific WA author of all time; proclaimer of WZTC's move to Palmetto
Tinhampton the player: 50yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate; currently reading nothing (I'm too busy)

User avatar
Araraukar
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15899
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:49 am

"...grudging support. Unless contents change dramatically."
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

User avatar
Marxist Germany
Minister
 
Posts: 2171
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:56 am

"How is this any different to the current active resolution on this topic, and how does it not duplicate it wholly? The only difference I can see the definition of conversion therapy being slightly altered to include gender expression, which almost-certainly either contradicts article c, bans member-states from shaving the heads of prisoners or making them wear clothes that 'alter their gender expression', or does nothing GA#437 does not do. This repeal-replace effort appears to be nothing more than a badge hunt attempt, and replaces a resolution with a better argument in the preamble for a poorer one."

OOC: Upon further reading, I noticed that this proposal would include banning conversion therapy performed by private institutions, something GA#437 does not cover. I will maintain opposition to this repeal-replace effort as long as 'gender expression' remains in the proposal's definition, as it is a vague term that can create more problems than it solves.
Last edited by Marxist Germany on Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

User avatar
Araraukar
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15899
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:47 am

Marxist Germany wrote:OOC: I will maintain opposition to this repeal-replace effort as long as 'gender expression' remains in the proposal's definition, as it is a vague term that can create more problems than it solves.

OOC: I know you think transgender people are mentally ill (fairly sure I have that TG somewhere still), but you might still want to re-read some stuff before making strange claims. Just because you don't know how to express your gender (if that's not the case, then you should have a clear idea of what it means?), doesn't mean "gender expression" was a vague term or difficult to understand generally speaking.

Like the GenSec stance on the ideological ban rule, as long as you don't ban Concept A entirely, you can still ban key components of it. So while some people somewhere might claim hair length (your shaving prisoners example) as their main way to express their gender, that's unlikely to be the only way to express one's gender except in some extreme RP reality, which I keep getting told proposal writers don't need to care about, really.

And the other resolution mentioned bans conversion therapy on minors. This bans it entirely when done as an "intervention" - which means without the agreed-upon consent from the target person.

I am very suspicious of Tintin being the one to do this, just like I was suspicious of UM writing up the original, but I guess even a blind chicken will find some grains if it keeps pecking at everything, so it's within possibilities that she's actually somehow sincere with this.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

User avatar
Trellania
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jun 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Trellania » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:42 am

Dame Allania Trueblood wanders in, then stops to read the resolution.

"Hmm... If you repeal the previous to replace with this one, you have my full support."

OOC: Even if Tin is just doing this for badge hunting, I have to admit this is a good replacement for the existing one. I see no reason not to go ahead with it.

User avatar
Tinhampton
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16214
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:44 am

Smith: That's the plan, Trueblood... it's just that Lydia's planning to submit the repeal after we get this passed. Also cheers, Linda.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Lydia Anderson, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, LGA#484, LGA#491, LGA#533, LGA#540, LGA#549, SC#356, LGA#559, LGA#562, LGA#567, LGA#578, SC#374, LGA#582, SC#375, LGA#589, LGA#590, SC#382, SC#385, LGA#597, LGA#607, SC#415, LGA#647, LGA#656, LGA#664, LGA#671, LGA#674, LGA#675, LGA#677, LGA#680, Issue #1580, LGA#682, LGA#683, LGA#684, LGA#692, LGA#693, LGA#715, LGA#757, SC#526, LGA#763, LGA#788, LGA#791, LGA#792, LGA#798, LGA#799, LGA#800, LGA#807, LGA#814, LGA#817
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Torchbearer of Aeternum; fourth-most-prolific WA author of all time; proclaimer of WZTC's move to Palmetto
Tinhampton the player: 50yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate; currently reading nothing (I'm too busy)

User avatar
Marxist Germany
Minister
 
Posts: 2171
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:10 am

Araraukar wrote:
Marxist Germany wrote:OOC: I will maintain opposition to this repeal-replace effort as long as 'gender expression' remains in the proposal's definition, as it is a vague term that can create more problems than it solves.

OOC: I know you think transgender people are mentally ill (fairly sure I have that TG somewhere still), but you might still want to re-read some stuff before making strange claims. Just because you don't know how to express your gender (if that's not the case, then you should have a clear idea of what it means?), doesn't mean "gender expression" was a vague term or difficult to understand generally speaking.

Like the GenSec stance on the ideological ban rule, as long as you don't ban Concept A entirely, you can still ban key components of it. So while some people somewhere might claim hair length (your shaving prisoners example) as their main way to express their gender, that's unlikely to be the only way to express one's gender except in some extreme RP reality, which I keep getting told proposal writers don't need to care about, really.

And the other resolution mentioned bans conversion therapy on minors. This bans it entirely when done as an "intervention" - which means without the agreed-upon consent from the target person.

I am very suspicious of Tintin being the one to do this, just like I was suspicious of UM writing up the original, but I guess even a blind chicken will find some grains if it keeps pecking at everything, so it's within possibilities that she's actually somehow sincere with this.

OOC: To respond to your last point, I did acknowledge that I initially misread GA#437, and that this goes further in banning conversion therapy.

Regarding 'gender expression', here are several definitions I collected from a variety of sources:
1. Gender expression is how you demonstrate your gender (based on social constructs within the culture) through the ways you act, dress, behave, and interact.

2. Gender expression refers to the ways that people present their gender identity to the world. This may be through clothing, haircuts, behaviors, and other choices. Many people choose to express themselves in a way that matches societal expectations for their gender identity.

3. Gender expression refers to things like dress, attitudes, and behaviors that we choose to display.

4. Gender expression is how a person presents gender outwardly, through behavior, clothing, voice or other perceived characteristics. Society identifies these cues as masculine or feminine, although what is considered masculine or feminine changes over time and varies by culture.

As you can see, gender expression is widely regarded to include outward appearance, such as haircuts and clothing.
Last edited by Marxist Germany on Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23195
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wallenburg » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:43 pm

"For once, we agree with the German delegation. Gender expression is a rather broad umbrella, and prohibiting anything which alters it as 'conversion therapy' would make it illegal to set various dress codes, including for prison inmates and military members."
GREX LUDENTIUM DELENDUS EST
King of Snark, Real Piece of Work, Metabolizer of Oxygen, Despotic Hegemon, Old Man from The East Pacific, by the Malevolence of Her Infinite Terribleness Catherine Gratwick the Sole and True Claimant to the Bears Armed Vacancy

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15799
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:30 pm

Ambassador Tav: We eagerly see the repeal of the current conversion therapy resolution looks in relation to this proposed replacement that addresses any prior flaws. For now, tentative support.
Free Palestine, stop the genocide in Gaza

User avatar
Kenmoria
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7975
Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:47 pm

“I am reluctantly opposed for so long as ‘gender expression’ remains in the legislation, unless it is defined in the proposal to specify the meaning.”
Hello! I hope you are well. My pronouns are he, him, his, and himself, and I write in British English.
Previously a member of GenSec and a member of the WA-related ministries of Europe and the North Pacific, I am a habitual pedant that has found a lot of fun in the strange world of fictional legislating. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue.
Though I have used this nation for roleplay in the past, I now use it only for OOC commentary and posts. I use Ouranion for IC commentary and posts.


User avatar
Laka Strolistandiler
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5179
Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:49 pm

Pardon me, but does this ban all conversion therapy even if one who’s planning to undergo it is a fully mentally capable adult?
||||||||||||
I am not a Russian, just born in this POS.
Resident half-black (yes I am a half-black Russian) ex-far right furry bi zionist. Unfortunately, while my soul is with INSERT_WESTERN_COUNTRY my body is still stuck in Russia… Politically left on most economic and social issues, moderate-right leaning on foreign policy. A proud xenopatriot of INSERT_WESTERN_COUNTRY. Have some experience working in aircraft engineering, worst 3.5 fucking years of my life.
Pronouns he/him. Add me on discord! vikkersmg
I reserve the right to /stillme any one-liners if my post is at least two lines long

User avatar
Tinhampton
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16214
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:51 pm

"gender expression" nixed. Article c was earlier amended to instead refer to "gender-adequation or -affirmation procedures" to reflect widespread, more modern language preferences.

Laka Strolistandiler wrote:Pardon me, but does this ban all conversion therapy even if one who’s planning to undergo it is a fully mentally capable adult?

Why should it not? BoCT doesn't :P
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Lydia Anderson, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, LGA#484, LGA#491, LGA#533, LGA#540, LGA#549, SC#356, LGA#559, LGA#562, LGA#567, LGA#578, SC#374, LGA#582, SC#375, LGA#589, LGA#590, SC#382, SC#385, LGA#597, LGA#607, SC#415, LGA#647, LGA#656, LGA#664, LGA#671, LGA#674, LGA#675, LGA#677, LGA#680, Issue #1580, LGA#682, LGA#683, LGA#684, LGA#692, LGA#693, LGA#715, LGA#757, SC#526, LGA#763, LGA#788, LGA#791, LGA#792, LGA#798, LGA#799, LGA#800, LGA#807, LGA#814, LGA#817
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Torchbearer of Aeternum; fourth-most-prolific WA author of all time; proclaimer of WZTC's move to Palmetto
Tinhampton the player: 50yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate; currently reading nothing (I'm too busy)

User avatar
Laka Strolistandiler
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5179
Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:55 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Why should it not? BoCT doesn't :P

So, let this sink in, Ambassador, this assembly legalizes literal suicide which, I hope you agree, if far more hurtful and dangerous to people than conversion therapy, but bans this? It is my humble believe that an adult and fully mentally capable person should be able to do with his body whatever he wishes to. Sure, conversion therapy can be harmful to some people, but if that’s what they want to to that’s their right. Sure, my superiors are not of the same opinion on the matter, but I believe that you don’t want me to read all of the shit they’ve written for me, do you?
Last edited by Laka Strolistandiler on Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
||||||||||||
I am not a Russian, just born in this POS.
Resident half-black (yes I am a half-black Russian) ex-far right furry bi zionist. Unfortunately, while my soul is with INSERT_WESTERN_COUNTRY my body is still stuck in Russia… Politically left on most economic and social issues, moderate-right leaning on foreign policy. A proud xenopatriot of INSERT_WESTERN_COUNTRY. Have some experience working in aircraft engineering, worst 3.5 fucking years of my life.
Pronouns he/him. Add me on discord! vikkersmg
I reserve the right to /stillme any one-liners if my post is at least two lines long

User avatar
Jedinsto
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1280
Founded: Nov 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedinsto » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:57 pm

"Would you like to outlaw suicide? The fuck are you going to do to a dead body?"

User avatar
Tinhampton
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16214
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:58 pm

Smith: I refer all of you to Ambassador Eduard Heir's resolution on A Decriminalization of Suicide.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Lydia Anderson, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, LGA#484, LGA#491, LGA#533, LGA#540, LGA#549, SC#356, LGA#559, LGA#562, LGA#567, LGA#578, SC#374, LGA#582, SC#375, LGA#589, LGA#590, SC#382, SC#385, LGA#597, LGA#607, SC#415, LGA#647, LGA#656, LGA#664, LGA#671, LGA#674, LGA#675, LGA#677, LGA#680, Issue #1580, LGA#682, LGA#683, LGA#684, LGA#692, LGA#693, LGA#715, LGA#757, SC#526, LGA#763, LGA#788, LGA#791, LGA#792, LGA#798, LGA#799, LGA#800, LGA#807, LGA#814, LGA#817
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Torchbearer of Aeternum; fourth-most-prolific WA author of all time; proclaimer of WZTC's move to Palmetto
Tinhampton the player: 50yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate; currently reading nothing (I'm too busy)

User avatar
Jedinsto
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1280
Founded: Nov 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedinsto » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:00 pm

"I am aware of that resolution ambassador, and I believe criminalization of suicide to be bad."

User avatar
Trellania
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jun 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Trellania » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:01 pm

Laka Strolistandiler wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Why should it not? BoCT doesn't :P

So, let this sink in, Ambassador, this assembly legalizes literal suicide which, I hope you agree, if far more hurtful and dangerous to people than conversion therapy, but bans this? It is my humble believe that an adult and fully mentally capable person should be able to do with his body whatever he wishes to. Sure, conversion therapy can be harmful to some people, but if that’s what they want to to that’s their right. Sure, my superiors are not of the same opinion on the matter, but I believe that you don’t want me to read all of the shit they’ve written for me, do you?


Dame Allania raises her eyebrow at this argument.

"This assembly also bans torture, which conversion therapy is classified as within Trellania. Are you saying that because suicide is legal and protected, you should have the right to be waterboarded by request?"

User avatar
Laka Strolistandiler
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5179
Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:03 pm

Jedinsto wrote:"Would you like to outlaw suicide? The fuck are you going to do to a dead body?"

Well, we have our potential methods...- would she say with a sly look at the book “Distance Controlling of Neural Connections: Theory and Practice” she was avidly reading before the meeting
OOC: I mean in NS there is shit like sapient plants so why is this impossible from a technological perspective
Jedinsto wrote:"I am aware of that resolution ambassador, and I believe criminalization of suicide to be bad."

So we all agree that a fully mentally developed sentient being capable of reason should be free in what he does with his body and mental health right?
Trellania wrote:Dame Allania raises her eyebrow at this argument.

"This assembly also bans torture, which conversion therapy is classified as within Trellania. Are you saying that because suicide is legal and protected, you should have the right to be waterboarded by request?"

If that’s someone’s kink than yes, sure, why not. I mean that proposal against corporal punishment included special clause about this... After all you wouldn’t ban consensual BSDM, would you?
Last edited by Laka Strolistandiler on Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
||||||||||||
I am not a Russian, just born in this POS.
Resident half-black (yes I am a half-black Russian) ex-far right furry bi zionist. Unfortunately, while my soul is with INSERT_WESTERN_COUNTRY my body is still stuck in Russia… Politically left on most economic and social issues, moderate-right leaning on foreign policy. A proud xenopatriot of INSERT_WESTERN_COUNTRY. Have some experience working in aircraft engineering, worst 3.5 fucking years of my life.
Pronouns he/him. Add me on discord! vikkersmg
I reserve the right to /stillme any one-liners if my post is at least two lines long

User avatar
Trellania
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jun 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Trellania » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:13 pm

Laka Strolistandiler wrote:If that’s someone’s kink than yes, sure, why not. I mean that proposal against corporal punishment included special clause about this... After all you wouldn’t ban consensual BSDM, would you?


"Any BDSM practicioner knows there is a galaxy of difference between BDSM and torture. The rules of BDSM include provisions for safety and sanity; if you are mentally damaging your partner, you are not obeying the sane portion. Torture inherently damages the sanity of those it is used upon. Thus why we classify conversion therapy as torture.

"Also, Ambassador, the fact you did not know the difference between BDSM and torture... Well, if you show up to any BDSM clubs in Trellania, at minimum you will be arrested on sight. I will make certain details about you, including an accurate description, are circulated as soon as discussion about this proposal is concluded. And, no, we will not extend diplomatic immunity to you."

User avatar
Laka Strolistandiler
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5179
Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:17 pm

Trellania wrote:"Any BDSM practicioner knows there is a galaxy of difference between BDSM and torture. The rules of BDSM include provisions for safety and sanity; if you are mentally damaging your partner, you are not obeying the sane portion. Torture inherently damages the sanity of those it is used upon. Thus why we classify conversion therapy as torture.

"Also, Ambassador, the fact you did not know the difference between BDSM and torture... Well, if you show up to any BDSM clubs in Trellania, at minimum you will be arrested on sight. I will make certain details about you, including an accurate description, are circulated as soon as discussion about this proposal is concluded. And, no, we will not extend diplomatic immunity to you."

I’m no BSDM practitioner, comrade. If I was one I would’nt have ended in my department- I probably wouldn’t even have had a job.

Which brings me to my next question: does this resolution believes that a person, being fully informed about the specifics and the consequences of his decision still has to be essentially protected from harming oneself?

Eh, it’s not like I am giver diplomatic immunity to begin with, so I don’t care...
||||||||||||
I am not a Russian, just born in this POS.
Resident half-black (yes I am a half-black Russian) ex-far right furry bi zionist. Unfortunately, while my soul is with INSERT_WESTERN_COUNTRY my body is still stuck in Russia… Politically left on most economic and social issues, moderate-right leaning on foreign policy. A proud xenopatriot of INSERT_WESTERN_COUNTRY. Have some experience working in aircraft engineering, worst 3.5 fucking years of my life.
Pronouns he/him. Add me on discord! vikkersmg
I reserve the right to /stillme any one-liners if my post is at least two lines long

User avatar
Trellania
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jun 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Trellania » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:27 pm

Laka Strolistandiler wrote:I’m no BSDM practitioner, comrade. If I was one I would’nt have ended in my department- I probably wouldn’t even have had a job.

Which brings me to my next question: does this resolution believes that a person, being fully informed about the specifics and the consequences of his decision still has to be essentially protected from harming oneself?

Eh, it’s not like I am giver diplomatic immunity to begin with, so I don’t care...


"It is for the best. You look like someone who's will would shatter within the first ten minutes anyway.

"I do not believe any person of rational mind would make the decision this resolution seeks to outlaw to begin with. And those not of rational mind would not be of sufficient mindset to be making choices of their own free will anyway. So, I really don't see your question as having a possible answer due to its basis. We cannot legislate unpredictable irrationality, ambassador."

User avatar
Thermodolia
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 79496
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:51 pm

Full support.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

User avatar
Tinhampton
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16214
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:06 pm

Smith: This proposal has three main provisions: that conversion therapy should be banned in all circumstances, that conversion therapy should never be advertised, and that member states ought to support victims and likely victims of conversion therapy. I will submit this in the extremely near future if none of my fellow delegates find fault with it, with any of the provisions above, or with the disclaimer that gender affirmation therapy is not conversion therapy - which I hope will be increasingly the case now that references to an undefined concept of "gender expression" have been removed. Thanks, Suzie.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Lydia Anderson, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, LGA#484, LGA#491, LGA#533, LGA#540, LGA#549, SC#356, LGA#559, LGA#562, LGA#567, LGA#578, SC#374, LGA#582, SC#375, LGA#589, LGA#590, SC#382, SC#385, LGA#597, LGA#607, SC#415, LGA#647, LGA#656, LGA#664, LGA#671, LGA#674, LGA#675, LGA#677, LGA#680, Issue #1580, LGA#682, LGA#683, LGA#684, LGA#692, LGA#693, LGA#715, LGA#757, SC#526, LGA#763, LGA#788, LGA#791, LGA#792, LGA#798, LGA#799, LGA#800, LGA#807, LGA#814, LGA#817
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Torchbearer of Aeternum; fourth-most-prolific WA author of all time; proclaimer of WZTC's move to Palmetto
Tinhampton the player: 50yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate; currently reading nothing (I'm too busy)

User avatar
Laka Strolistandiler
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5179
Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:18 am

Trellania wrote:
Laka Strolistandiler wrote:I’m no BSDM practitioner, comrade. If I was one I would’nt have ended in my department- I probably wouldn’t even have had a job.

Which brings me to my next question: does this resolution believes that a person, being fully informed about the specifics and the consequences of his decision still has to be essentially protected from harming oneself?

Eh, it’s not like I am giver diplomatic immunity to begin with, so I don’t care...


"It is for the best. You look like someone who's will would shatter within the first ten minutes anyway.

"I do not believe any person of rational mind would make the decision this resolution seeks to outlaw to begin with. And those not of rational mind would not be of sufficient mindset to be making choices of their own free will anyway. So, I really don't see your question as having a possible answer due to its basis. We cannot legislate unpredictable irrationality, ambassador."

What do you exactly mean “shatter”? It’s not like receiving a shot from a canister shell during Third island War and living to tell the tale makes you a weak person, I hope you agree. And don’t even get me started on the wonders of trench medicine I had to endure...

Look, some people really don’t want to be what they are. My assistant for example is really dissatisfied with his race- and if he plans to change it via race-conversion therapy that’s his right. Sure, in your culture conversion therapy may be viewed as something demoniacal or outright wrong, however, in Lakan culture that’s as usual as, say, getting a shot. We are all for voluntary treatment of various mindsets and have both the will and the methods to do it.
||||||||||||
I am not a Russian, just born in this POS.
Resident half-black (yes I am a half-black Russian) ex-far right furry bi zionist. Unfortunately, while my soul is with INSERT_WESTERN_COUNTRY my body is still stuck in Russia… Politically left on most economic and social issues, moderate-right leaning on foreign policy. A proud xenopatriot of INSERT_WESTERN_COUNTRY. Have some experience working in aircraft engineering, worst 3.5 fucking years of my life.
Pronouns he/him. Add me on discord! vikkersmg
I reserve the right to /stillme any one-liners if my post is at least two lines long

User avatar
Qhevak
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 394
Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Qhevak » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:11 am

"Strongly opposed. Here in Qhevak a large portion of their populace alters their own gender and sexual identity on the regular for fun and novelty, which can be easily and safely performed and reversed in short order with a neural lace. This is a horribly stifling restriction on personal mental autonomy."
Last edited by Qhevak on Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Oortian Community of Qhevak
Distributed association of posthuman Oort cloud space habitats in deep Scutum Centaurus - basically all of these ideologies living together. A Power 5 civilization according to this index. Does not use NS stats. Wiki here.
Aerospace Engineering grad student, currently doing work on smallsat and sounding rocket projects.
Previously Gogol Transcendancy, Ibis Galaxy Alliance.
N&I RP in a shellnut

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads